PDA

View Full Version : Merged: Reports of Channing Crowders demise seem to be incorrect

DKphin
07-12-2010, 06:09 AM
Reported by Phinsider:

Well, unless you count the false report made by a Jets beat writer that claimed Channing Crowder was out for the season (http://www.thephinsider.com/2010/7/11/1564577/report-is-channing-crowder-out-for) with an injured right foot. I just wanted to point out real quick, though, that this incident is further proof of the power of Twitter. The writer, Manish Mehta of the NY Daily News, just made a simple tweet. But it spread like wildfire. Before you knew it, it was all over Dolphin message boards and blogs. ProFootballTalk, which is now part of NBC Sports, wasted no time getting the story out there - rather than checking the report for accuracy (which they've since removed from their list of storis on their front page). Rotoworld, also part of NBC Sports, ran with the story and posted a blurb about it (which they, too, have since taken down). This could have gotten rather ugly in terms of misinformation if the fire wasn't put out quickly. It went so far as to have Adam Schefter have to make a Tweet refuting the original report.
This is further proof that the traditional media needs to realize that Twitter and other social media sites (as well as blogs) are no longer second-rate sources for news. They need to understand that posting a tweet is essentially the same as writing an article for a traditional newspaper. Facts need to be checked and re-checked before running with a report - whether it's in a paper or on Twitter.
http://www.thephinsider.com/2010/7/12/1564992/weekend-roundup-talking-season

PhinsPhan11
07-12-2010, 09:47 AM
Good thing all this was fake.

SabanHater
07-12-2010, 09:58 AM
stupid Jets reporters. way to break last years news.

moparman
07-12-2010, 10:02 AM
The new york reporters are like the jets team bunch of losers

DphinBillkiller
07-12-2010, 10:03 AM
^ Hahahahaha. That explains it . ^ :lol2:

Dolphination73
07-12-2010, 10:06 AM
New York is still bitter that Lebron James chose to come to Miami rather than playing for the lowly Knicks!!

PhinsPhan11
07-12-2010, 10:08 AM
The new york reporters are like the jets team bunch of losers
Yeah, definitely.

Nublar7
07-12-2010, 10:09 AM
Manish Mehta needs to be held accountable and suspended from the New York Daily News asap.

Ruby2
07-12-2010, 10:16 AM
Manish Mehta needs to be held accountable and suspended from the New York Daily News asap.

Not gonna happen.

JonnyZ81
07-12-2010, 10:17 AM

lol...yea right

SabanHater
07-12-2010, 10:26 AM
the NFL should make the Jets forfeit a game for this false information. lol

72champagne
07-12-2010, 12:28 PM
Manish Mehta needs to be held accountable and suspended from the New York Daily News asap.better just send him to Guantanamo for some waterboarding and find out if he knows anything.

luduporcu
07-12-2010, 01:22 PM
He's 21st Century NYC Media. By definition, he doesn't know anything.

mmikel30
07-13-2010, 02:08 AM
Unless this is bogus

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif Rumor denied-Crowder possibly Out for the Season
Per Rotoworld:
Quote:
Report: Dolphins LB Crowder will miss season

Crowder
Dolphins linebacker Channing Crowder will miss the 2010 season with a foot injury, per the Associated Press.
More details to come. Jul. 11 - 5:55 pm et
Good thing we have Dobbins.

UPDATE---Schefter tweeted CC denied he has season ending injury and cc said he will be ready for camp.

sinPHIN
07-13-2010, 02:15 AM
dude its bogus. it was some dumb jet writer who was wathing an old game from last year and saw crowder was going to miss the year (last year). the guy should be fired

josekareh
07-13-2010, 02:16 AM
Not true!!!

Possum
07-13-2010, 02:17 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/11/report-channing-crowder-to-miss-season-with-foot-injury/?related=1

phinfanNY08
07-13-2010, 09:20 AM
I have read on yahoo sports that Crowder is out for the season? I don't think there is any truth to that but I figure I should ask. Any news on him? Is he completely healthy from the foot injury last year?

bdmagnum
07-13-2010, 09:40 AM
I have read on yahoo sports that Crowder is out for the season? I don't think there is any truth to that but I figure I should ask. Any news on him? Is he completely healthy from the foot injury last year?
Found the article you were referring to, not sure how valid it is.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ap9SjPH3mkzAYIcAQkjM16r.uLYF?slug=pfw-20100711_report_dolphins_lb_crowder_will_miss_season

NyPhan23
07-13-2010, 09:42 AM
i dont care what anyone says, this is not good news if valid. our defenses fall off without crowder has been well documented the past two seasons.

NyPhan23
07-13-2010, 09:50 AM
i know its from bleacherreport but...
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/419276-miami-dolphins-linebacker-channing-crowder-not-out-for-season

GCD960
07-13-2010, 09:50 AM
Its not true, check the forum for thread details on this

NyPhan23
07-13-2010, 09:52 AM
haha leave it to a jets reporter to make that kinda faux pas

PhinsPhan11
07-13-2010, 10:01 AM
It's not true.

phinfanNY08
07-13-2010, 10:11 AM
if it happened to be true, I think at this point, Parcells would go out and land Adalius Thomas, vetran guy who has a chip on his shoulder, and hates bill bellicheat

phinfanNY08
07-13-2010, 10:14 AM
i dont wish injury on anybody so im not going to say im glad - but i would be a happier fan if that guy was off the team altogether - so if he is not on the field in my teams uniform - im happy

The end.

Yes, im a crowder hater. so what?

Crowder has been our best LB the last 3 years. He is in on alot of tackles and is a great run defender, how can you not like him? Are you really a dolphins fan, or are you a Jets/Bills/Pats fan. A true fan knows Crowders worth and will pull for the guy because he is on your favorite team

SabanHater
07-13-2010, 10:23 AM
I know this story is false and is from a stupid Jets reporter, but I'm to the point where I'd rather talk about this than the $#@&ing Miami Heat. PLEASE!!!!! GO TO AN NBA FORUM!!!!!!

X-Pacolypse
07-13-2010, 11:50 AM
I know this story is false and is from a stupid Jets reporter, but I'm to the point where I'd rather talk about this than the $#@&ing Miami Heat. PLEASE!!!!! GO TO AN NBA FORUM!!!!!!

Settle down, Beavis.

GoonBoss
07-13-2010, 01:05 PM

Thanks for making this thread about the Heat.

rickyfan85
07-13-2010, 01:29 PM
Crowder has been our best LB the last 3 years. He is in on alot of tackles and is a great run defender, how can you not like him? Are you really a dolphins fan, or are you a Jets/Bills/Pats fan. A true fan knows Crowders worth and will pull for the guy because he is on your favorite team

The only reason he gets so many tackles is because he pursues the person he's supposed to cover, while not actually covering them. Basically he "makes the play" after he lets the play happen. Thats not talent, its a bloated stat.

utahphinsfan
07-13-2010, 01:36 PM
Settle down, Beavis.

Be nice. He obviously ran out of TP for his....

Thanks for making this thread about the Heat.

Its in the 90's here which is how I like it.

Having been to E Texas, Florida, & Connecticut in the summer, I'll stay in SLC or head to Vegas.

Vaark
07-13-2010, 02:26 PM

you sound mad?

ckparrothead
07-13-2010, 02:52 PM
Speaking of the Heat, did you hear that Lebron James and Chris Bosh decided to sign in Miami to play with Dwyane Wade? That's pretty wild.

fairbanksb
07-13-2010, 04:24 PM
The only reason he gets so many tackles is because he pursues the person he's supposed to cover, while not actually covering them. Basically he "makes the play" after he lets the play happen. Thats not talent, its a bloated stat.

Are you saying that is the reason Zach had so many tackles every year? Zach is an icon but Crowder is a bum. Makes no sense to me. As has already been posted. The defense falls off when Crowder isn't playing so he must be at least better than average.

Nublar7
07-13-2010, 04:30 PM
What is funny is that Jason Cole makes a mention in his linebacker rankings that Crowder is out for the season. It is amazing how much damage a moron Jets reporter can do with false information. Maybe if he could decipher an old ESPN bottom line on a game replay from the NFL Network bottom line this would not even be a story.

If we go by this idiot Jet reporter, not only is Crowder out for the season, but Mike Leach just got suspended from Texas Tech. :lol:

GoonBoss
07-13-2010, 04:33 PM
Be nice. He obviously ran out of TP for his....

Its in the 90's here which is how I like it.

Having been to E Texas, Florida, & Connecticut in the summer, I'll stay in SLC or head to Vegas.

Why in God's name would you go to East Texas? Texans don't even go to East Texas.

DphinBillkiller
07-13-2010, 04:50 PM
Channing Crowder may not be the most athletically gifted player.
But he is a very dynamic player that is a whole lot of fun to watch.
With a long season ahead, the Dolphins will need every able body contributing.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Dolfins
07-13-2010, 05:53 PM
I have been torn on Crowder from the beginning. I love him because hes a dolphin but cant figure out what is missing. You can argue stats, ints, sacks or whatever you want about Crowder but we seem to lose regardless when he is not in the line up. I hope that this year we will see what Crowder is with Dansby beside him. If he doesn't impress after playing beside Dansby then its time to find a complement to Dansby but until then will support and want him in the lineup. Is like some wide receivers (Steve Smith of the Panthers), they cant do it alone but will blow it up with someone good beside them. With that said Dansby is great so we shall see if that is the case.

walt
07-13-2010, 06:02 PM
if it happened to be true, I think at this point, Parcells would go out and land Adalius Thomas, vetran guy who has a chip on his shoulder, and hates bill bellicheat

I'd like to sign Thomas, but he's not effective on the inside.

Mcganiel
07-13-2010, 06:03 PM
Yep i heard they made a pact when they played on the dream team.

PHANTASTIC 13
07-13-2010, 10:27 PM
I am not a fan of Crowder, I think he is extremely overrated by some fans here,he hardly ever makes any big plays, sacks or turnovers, crucial stops on third or fourth down. He makes most of his tackles five yards beyond the line of scrimmage, he lacks instincts for the game and I wouldn't be surprised if he is beat out for his starting job this year.

Ricky'sWeinerBong
07-13-2010, 11:13 PM
personally, i think twitter and facebook are for 16 year old girls and housewives with no lives..............

CpuFan
07-15-2010, 06:17 AM
On MSNBC Miami Dolphins team website it was reported twice that Channing Crowder would miss the 2010 season.
This is not true is it? I haven't seen this anywhere else.

Here is a link:

Here is what is says...

"Dolphins linebacker Channing Crowder will miss the 2010 season with a right foot injury, per the Associated Press.

"Good thing they signed free-agent LB Karlos Dansby in the offseason. Tim Dobbins will take over for Crowder at "Mike" while Dansby will serve as Miami's starter at "Ted" in the Dolphins' 3-4 scheme. Crowder suffered a season-ending foot injury in Week 16 of 2009 against the Texans."

July 11, 2010 - 6:40 PM ET

Possum
07-15-2010, 06:24 AM
:impatient: