PDA

View Full Version : Computer gaming questions..(about video Card)

Smith21
07-23-2010, 07:12 PM
I use to love starcraft, id sit at home and play that game for like 3 hours straight and be like oh ****.. how is it 4 a.m. in the morning, thats probably the only game that i was addicted to as much as i was the dolphins.

anyways..
Im not sure if the game will work on my computer, i would love someone to answer that for me

These are the requirements for starcraft 2

PC Requirements

PC Minimum System Requirements*:

Windows® XP/Windows Vista®/Windows® 7 (Updated with the latest Service Packs) with DirectX® 9.0c
2.6 GHz Pentium® IV or equivalent AMD Athlon® processor
128 MB PCIe NVIDIA® GeForce® 6600 GT or ATI Radeon® 9800 PRO video card or better
12 GB available HD space
1 GB RAM (1.5 GB required for Windows Vista®/Windows® 7 users)
DVD-ROM drive
Broadband Internet connection
1024X720 minimum display resolution
PC Recommended Specifications:

Windows Vista®/Windows® 7
Dual Core 2.4Ghz Processor
2 GB RAM
512 MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800 GTX or ATI Radeon® HD 3870 or better

My laptop(my only computer)

is a Gateway NV53

I have - AMD athalon 2 dual core m300 2.0 ghz
Windows 7
320 gb hard drive
4.0 gb memory
AMD m880g With ATi Mobility Radeon HD4200

thanks for your help in advanced..

Smith21
07-23-2010, 07:20 PM
lol i wrote "4 a.m. in the morning" no **** its the morning.. anyone know this stuff? id hate to have to sign up for a computer website forum.. lol

Clipse
07-23-2010, 10:45 PM
With a 4200, you should be able to run it. But I'm guessing on low settings. Ever considered upgrading your graphics card? It's fairly hard on a Laptop, but can be done. Or perhaps sell the laptop and build your own pc or get a better laptop. Though if you're not a big pc gamer, and just want to play starcraft, I'd stick with what you got, albeit playing at low settings.

But I'd recommend checking out a computer forum just to be safe.

Adam First
07-24-2010, 12:00 AM
http://cyri.systemrequirementslab.com/CYRI/

System Requirements Lab is a great website. Installs a browser-based tool (spyware-free) that checks your computer's hardware for your specs and analyzes them against system requirements for tons of popular PC games.

If your computer fails the tests, it's much more affordable to buy individual parts for your computer rather than buy a whole new computer...unless your computer is like 5+ years old. I bought my computer stock at Best Buy February '09, and I recently did shopping around on Newegg (http://www.newegg.com/) and bought a brand new power supply, video card and memory. Runs like a dream now.

EDIT: I just read you have a laptop. Laptop graphics media accelerators are pretty primitive but according to your specs you seem to have at least a passable setup. Check the System Requirements Lab link I posted.

Smith21
07-25-2010, 10:53 PM
i appreciate it guys, I dont really have money or the room to buy a desktop. Im pretty happy with my computer and i havent even though of playing games on it other than this one... i play games on my ps3, i mean i did buy a 40 inch t.v. so i could!! lol but i appreciate the time you guys took. i went to starcraft2 and they had a forums site and they told me my computer is ok it will just have to play on low-medium settings.. which is fine for me until i can get a computer.

thanks again though.

Smith21
07-25-2010, 10:57 PM
double thanks to adam, that website said i can run it! sooo ill go with that, thanks a lot again

Clipse
07-25-2010, 11:22 PM
i appreciate it guys, I dont really have money or the room to buy a desktop. Im pretty happy with my computer and i havent even though of playing games on it other than this one... i play games on my ps3, i mean i did buy a 40 inch t.v. so i could!! lol but i appreciate the time you guys took. i went to starcraft2 and they had a forums site and they told me my computer is ok it will just have to play on low-medium settings.. which is fine for me until i can get a computer.

thanks again though.

Yea, low-medium settings is about what I figured. Glad I could help.