PDA

View Full Version : Lets trade for T.E. Greg Olsen

mccool65
07-28-2010, 07:24 PM
If we could land him our team would have the best passing game in football and would open up the best running game in football !

Kdawg954
07-28-2010, 07:25 PM
Is he availabe? Why is he available? What is the price? And is there a link to the story?

16phinsrfast
07-28-2010, 07:27 PM
lets trade for troy polomalu as well. :/

X-Pacolypse
07-28-2010, 07:28 PM
While we're at it, let's trade for Chris Johnson, Adrian Peterson, and Drew Brees as well. LOLZ.

Kdawg954
07-28-2010, 07:29 PM
AP and CJ in the backfied . . . make it happen Parcells!

houtz
07-28-2010, 07:37 PM
To be fair, there were talks of Olsen being traded during the offseason so it's actually something that's feasable unlike trading for CJ or Peterson.

oasis
07-28-2010, 07:40 PM
I remember around the draft Olsen was rumored to be available for a 2nd or so. Too bad we already gave up our 2nd rounder for next year.

While it would be great to have a star TE, I think we actually won't need one in this offense. Fasano can actually be quite good, and I think we're going to see him build off his 2008 performance. He's going to get a lot of opportunities with much of the attention focused on Marshall, Bess, and the running backs.

Our problem at TE, if we have one, is with depth. We need a better #2 guy. Haynos is ok, but I don't know if he's good enough. Sperry flashed last season, but it's unclear whether he'll develop. Nalbone is a youngster but he hasn't shown much yet.

16phinsrfast
07-28-2010, 07:47 PM
I remember around the draft Olsen was rumored to be available for a 2nd or so. Too bad we already gave up our 2nd rounder for next year.

While it would be great to have a star TE, I think we actually won't need one in this offense. Fasano can actually be quite good, and I think we're going to see him build off his 2008 performance. He's going to get a lot of opportunities with much of the attention focused on Marshall, Bess, and the running backs.

Our problem at TE, if we have one, is with depth. We need a better #2 guy. Haynos is ok, but I don't know if he's good enough. Sperry flashed last season, but it's unclear whether he'll develop. Nalbone is a youngster but he hasn't shown much yet.
The 2nd was spent on a Marshall, whose so desearving of it. Olsen....ehh not so much. I like our TEs, they need less of blocking schemes and Fasano needs to have an 08 flashback.

Adam First
07-28-2010, 08:19 PM
At this point, Olsen isn't an upgrade over Fasano

bradmcnutt13
07-28-2010, 08:27 PM
Don't we still have Martin? Is he healthy? He had a pretty good 2008 season and if he can get back to that form should be all the #2 we need.

Nublar7
07-28-2010, 08:29 PM
Don't we still have Martin? Is he healthy? He had a pretty good 2008 season and if he can get back to that form should be all the #2 we need.Martin was released last September.

dolpns13
07-28-2010, 08:57 PM
Lets trade for Jesus Christ, or Moses. Moses could part the field and create running and passing lanes for us.

Scoffaveli
07-28-2010, 08:59 PM
lol hes not even an elite TE and acquiring him definitely wouldn't give us the best passing attack in the NFL

hooshoops
07-28-2010, 09:01 PM
given we don't have a 2nd round pick next year right now and i don't see them parting with a 3rd rounder and only having 1 pick in the first 3 rounds next year (if the bears would even take a 3rd for him which i kinda doubt) i don't see this happening...

but there's no question this guy could help us down the field and underneath routes in 2 te sets with fasano staying in on pass pro and he can threaten a seam...something we don't currently have at the position...he'd be another solid pass option and weapon...

he'd beat out haynos and sperry in his sleep...

DKphin
07-28-2010, 09:39 PM
If we could land him our team would have the best passing game in football and would open up the best running game in football !
Let's not

AdamC13
07-28-2010, 09:55 PM
Lets trade for Jesus Christ, or Moses. Moses could part the field and create running and passing lanes for us.

We already have Moses on our team #93. Picked him up after the Raiders and Cardinals released him in 2007. Hasn't proven to be blessed as of yet. Some think he doesn't stand a prayer's chance in hell to be the starter.

Predaphin
07-28-2010, 10:21 PM
We already have Moses on our team #93. Picked him up after the Raiders and Cardinals released him in 2007. Hasn't proven to be blessed as of yet. Some think he doesn't stand a prayer's chance in hell to be the starter.

Only if he could make the O-line part, as he did with the sea.

dolpns13
07-28-2010, 10:23 PM

I think his problem is he hasnt written, and doesnt know the ten commandments of how ot be a productive player for the Miami Dolphins

sinPHIN
07-29-2010, 12:34 AM
lets wait untill next year and sing vontae's big brother vernon.

Patrick_Bateman
07-29-2010, 01:47 AM
Yeah I was gonna say if we're starting a TE wishlist I'd love it if Vernon Davis was on it, or maybe Jason Witten wouldn't be too shabby either lol.

Cali Finfan
07-29-2010, 01:52 AM
At this point Olson has not shown enough to be considered a upgrade over Fasano. So I would say lets not and you can say you did no madden and let us know how that worked out for you :)

#1dolphinsfan
07-29-2010, 02:14 AM

we already have a moses and he isnt to good
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

#1dolphinsfan
07-29-2010, 02:15 AM

That would be great but i really doubt that he will get out of SF they will tag him before they just let him walk

PhinsPhan11
07-29-2010, 03:07 AM
Olsen would be an upgrade over Fasano, but I don't think the Bears will trade him.

timwendt58
07-29-2010, 03:29 AM
We're okay with Fasano right now.

Fin Thirteen
07-29-2010, 05:52 AM
There were rumours that the Bears would ditch Olsen because the new coaching ticket prefers blocking TEs. That seems to have been put to bed now and Olsen isn't up for the chop. Miamis is no different in wanting TEs who will share the blocking load, so Olsen probably wouldn't be on the shopping list anyway. The Bears were (still are???) interested in a vet QB backup, so a trade using Penny might have been an option. But, as I say, Olsen isn't our type of TE.

greasyObnoxious
07-29-2010, 06:48 AM
Olsen is an interesting player, but he's a marginal blocker and that's not going to fly with our FO.

DisturbedShifty
07-29-2010, 08:05 AM
I would rather make a trade that would give us more depth on the defense.

mccool65
07-29-2010, 04:06 PM
I bet we could get him for a 4th round pick and a player !I don't care what anyone says if we land a T.E. whom can catch the rock we will be the #1 offense Dog me if you must !But Greg can catch the football and score points !

CHenne2Marshall
07-29-2010, 04:16 PM
Somebody needs a new siggy. lol.

Joe Fitz
07-30-2010, 02:10 PM
LoL @ people saying he wouldn't be an upgrade over Fasano. That is looking at things with Aqua blinders. Only thing Fasano can do better then Olsen is block, and that is where him being better then Olsen ends.

I would love to trade for Olsen but unfortunately I think it would cost us too much.