PDA

View Full Version : Wanny vs Cameron

madisonfan90
08-02-2010, 11:53 PM
WARNING: THIS THREAD MAY REVIVE TRAUMATIC MEMORIES!

Wanny vs Cameron: Both where terrible Head Coaches and both couldnt draft to save there grandmother. Cameron led us through only one season of hell but it was an historic one at that. Wanny led us through multiple seasons which seemed good on the surface but had disasterous long term effects from which we are still feeling the after shock. So who was worse? Wanny had that stupid *** mustache and Cam always had that clueless look on his face. There even in stupidity :up:.

NOTE: IN REMINDING YOU OF PAST SEASONS I AM NOT LIABLE FOR ANY POST TRAUMATIC STRESS YOU MAY NOW SUFFER :).

JCane
08-02-2010, 11:55 PM
The Stache was worse because he was allowed to stick around for multiple years which allowed him to continue butt****ing this franchise much longer than the other booger eater.

72champagne
08-02-2010, 11:59 PM
this is a conversation for may-july.... wanny sucks btw, the other guy too.

Statler Waldorf
08-03-2010, 12:55 AM
Wanny- 42W-31L, Two Playoff Appearances, 1 playoff win. Cam- 1W-15L, no playoff appearances. Is this even a serious thread? Obviously Wanny is better.

Adam First
08-03-2010, 01:12 AM
Cam Cameron was completely clueless. He beheaded the franchise.

But Wannstedt was more like a terminal cancer that infected the team early on, was dormant until late 2003 and killed the Dolphins in 2004.

Wanny at least won us a playoff game. Too bad he put Lamar Smith through a meat tenderizer in the process. He DID win games, and that makes him instantly better than Cameron.

Statler Waldorf
08-03-2010, 01:24 AM
Actually let's just look at the numbers for Shula and the coaches who followed him. Superbowl wins are the most important thing I think in everyone's book and Shula is the only one who got that done as a Fin, so obviously he is at the top. The next stat would then have to be just overall wins. So here they are...

Winning Percentage

1. Don Shula- 66.0 %. 12 Playoff Appearances, 5 SB Appearances as Fins Coach, 2 SB Wins. Perfect Season.
2. Dave Wannstadt- 57.5%. Two Playoff Appearances, One Playoff Win.
3. Tony Sporano- 56.3%. One Playoff Appearance.
4. Jimmy Johnson- 55.3%. Three Playoff Appearances, Two Playoff Wins.
5. Nick Saban- 46.9%. No Playoff Appearances.
6. Cam Cameron- 6.25%. No Playoff Appearances.

So people can make all kinds of other speculative cases why they think Wanny was so bad, and yada yada, but when s person looks at the raw numbers it's pretty obvious that we should be debating whether Saban was worse than Cam.

JCane
08-03-2010, 01:39 AM
Yeah those numbers are just that...RAW. Take a look at the Miami Hurricanes after Butch Davis left. Larry Coker went 12 - 0 and won the national title. So I guess he's a great coach right?

:lol:

Fact is, Butch Davis left that program STACKED for that goober Coker. Jimmy Johnson left that goofball with a pretty good team. All he really needed was a QB. Wannstache was an idiot. How that guy kept getting extension after extension is beyond me.

Statler Waldorf
08-03-2010, 04:15 AM
Yeah those numbers are just that...RAW. Take a look at the Miami Hurricanes after Butch Davis left. Larry Coker went 12 - 0 and won the national title. So I guess he's a great coach right?

:lol:

Fact is, Butch Davis left that program STACKED for that goober Coker. Jimmy Johnson left that goofball with a pretty good team. All he really needed was a QB. Wannstache was an idiot. How that guy kept getting extension after extension is beyond me.

Haha, I knew somebody was going to try and make an argument like that. So was the "Pretty Good" team you are talking about the same one that lost 62-7 to the Jags or am I thinking of a different pretty good team? Not only did Wanny inherit that team, but he inherited that team minus Dan Marino.
Jimmy Johnson inherited a 9-7 team and went 8-8, does that mean the two time superbowl winning Jimmy Johnson was a bad coach? By your standard, Sporano would have to be the greatest coach in the history of the league because he took a 1-15 team and made them Division Champs. The fact of the matter is that Dave Wannstadt is the second winningest Coach in Dolphins History and that's something you're just going to have to come to terms with, I know it hurts but you can do it. You may want to go back to the days of Cam and Saban, but I'd take winning anyday, give me Dave over those two.