PDA

View Full Version : Why the Jets won't win the Super Bowl and I'm glad Sparano lost 55 lbs

WesternNYDolfan
08-05-2010, 10:41 PM
It's a good thing for us Tony Sparano slimmed down; it really says something to his character and self restraint.

Football coaches are team leaders, command respect, and demand discipline. How can a coach expect a team to be disciplined for him if he's not even disciplined enough to put down the twinkies (I'm talking to you Rexy!).

If you look at the recent history of super bowls (last 20 years), there has never been a fat football coach who has won a Super Bowl. Coincidence? I think not. (And don't say Holmgren with the Pack, cuz he wasn't full on fat yet, once he became a full blown tub w/ the Seahawks they lost) As stated earlier, your appearance is a direct reflection of your character and at the end of the day this is probably why people like Andy Reid consistently fall short. You could even go as far to say its a confidence factor, anyone who is in shape knows working out is a natural form self confidence, and the best cure for depression (put down the paxil get on the treadmill). I believe people as fat as Rex Ryan however much confidence they may show on the exterior are quite the opposite in reality. This probably explains why he feels the need to talk so much, because he doesn't have REAL confidence, only contrived cockiness.

I think some of you Jet fans out there should consider urging your boy to get on a diet (and a real one not that gastric bypass b.s. cuz that's not gonna stop him from eating all the wings) otherwise you guys are gonna be stuck crying in the winter again.

zodiak
08-05-2010, 11:15 PM
You are some thing short of a tweenkie yourself my fellow fins fan, but look at the history of the league a little closer

Weeb Ewbank,John Madden you could even make an argument for Parcells so man your idea has as much "weight" as a coaches race being a factor.

KTOWNFINFAN
08-05-2010, 11:28 PM
WOW!!! You are so gonna get flamed for this thread. I will probably be the only one on here who agrees 100% but you have some big'uns to start this thread yourself. I was 300 1-1-10 and am down to almost 250 and need to lose another 50 before I can feel comfortable but I have to agree 100% with everything you said.

Obesity is a sign of lack of discipline. Yeah yeah there will be someone who says they have a gland problem but that is an excuse more than anything else. There are 10,000 people who say they have some sort of gland problem for every one that really does. If people would start eating healthy and exercising they would find out they don't have a gland/metabolizim problem they have a lack of self discpline problem.

Food kills more in America than alcohol. I get so tired of hearing preachers yell from there soapbox how sinful it is to drink but won't say a word to the 15 people sitting behind him in the chore who happens to be 40 lbs overweight. The bible says more about over eating than it does about over drinking. Yet it isn't PC to tell someone who is overweight that he is shorting his life and destroying the quality of life for himself and those around him. Sorry to get off track here but it had to be said.

MIAdolphin89
08-05-2010, 11:37 PM
WOW this theory is preposterous. Working out is a natural form self confidence? I guess you mean you feel better about yourself when your physical image is improved? Put down the Paxil... because everyone who is depressed is just out of shape? No. Gastric bypass won't keep him from eating all the wings? WTF? That's the whole point of the surgery...they essentially shrink your stomach so you eat less.

All I ever hear is how much people who meet Rex Ryan like him. He is very charismatic, so people respect and listen to him and discipline themselves for him. His charisma far outweighs his physical appearance. I can assure you that of all things, Rex's obesity will not be the reason for the downfall of the Jets.

Phin-o-rama
08-05-2010, 11:39 PM
they like rex ryan because they feel bad for him and his addiction to food.

fat people are not good leaders

Phin-o-rama
08-05-2010, 11:40 PM
he did a lap band and if his mental addiction to food isn't treated then he will essentially eat his way back by stretching the stomach back out

Ricky'sWeinerBong
08-05-2010, 11:44 PM
Bill Parcells is fat.

Phin-o-rama
08-05-2010, 11:45 PM
Bill Parcells is fat.

he's not morbidly obese

NBP81
08-05-2010, 11:45 PM
OMG! I totally agree with Ktown on this one... Good observation, but lets start a bet on how many red bars you get under your name before this thread goes in full meltdown chaos!

KlausC
08-06-2010, 12:06 AM
So what's the max weight you can be and still win?

34miami23
08-06-2010, 12:10 AM
I root against Rex Ryan, not because he is overweight, but what logo he represents ...

come on people

Ricky'sWeinerBong
08-06-2010, 12:19 AM
he's not morbidly obese

Andy Reid is. Hes done quite well. The thread is retarded. Ill leave you to debate levels of "fatness".

KlausC
08-06-2010, 12:22 AM
Andy Reid is. Hes done quite well. The thread is retarded. Ill leave you to debate levels of "fatness".

Ah yes, but they never won the superbowl. His fat probably got in the way of his play sheet, preventing him from getting in the winning call.

YoungLee
08-06-2010, 12:25 AM
Lol at little willie running back to his sewer and reposting this so all his jest pals can see.

This thread is tarded, but rex still is a lazy ***.

KlausC
08-06-2010, 12:26 AM
Lol at little willie running back to his sewer and reposting this so all his jest pals can see.

This thread is tarded, but rex still is a lazy ***.

c'mon man, this is comedy gold.

YoungLee
08-06-2010, 12:33 AM
I honestly didn't laugh, then again I'm hungry and nothing is funny when I'm hungry. I'm not fat though, so I can still win a bowl.

On a side note, if OP really believes this logic, I'm concerned.

Phin-o-rama
08-06-2010, 12:49 AM
c'mon man, this is comedy gold.

U fat

KlausC
08-06-2010, 12:54 AM
U fat
yo mamma

NY8123
08-06-2010, 02:16 AM
Andy Reid and Rex Ryan could easily eat Marv Levy in one sitting and he is right up there in Super Bowl loses and down there in body wieght.

So Super Bowl wins to body fat ratio might not be a great measure of sucess.

Joe from WY
08-06-2010, 02:19 AM
yo mamma

jizzmopper...lol

nyjunc
08-06-2010, 07:43 AM
they like rex ryan because they feel bad for him and his addiction to food.

fat people are not good leaders

Bill Parcells says Hi.

Phin-o-rama
08-06-2010, 08:11 AM
Bill Parcells says Hi.

he's not morbidly obese and didn't need his stomach to be made surgically smaller to save his life

nyjunc
08-06-2010, 08:18 AM
he's not morbidly obese and didn't need his stomach to be made surgically smaller to save his life

He's not as naturally big as rex is either but BP was a fat slob. Sometimes coaches actually wnat to just do their job and they neglect their health.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/08/76_parcells3421-1.jpg http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Your coach was a fat *** the past 2 years- now you are saying that kept him from being a good coach?

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/08/NewEnglandPatriotsvMiamiDolphins8qYmW4VB-1.jpg

For his good health I'd love to see Rex keep slimming down but that's his decision. As long as he keeps winning games we'll be happy.

Phin-o-rama
08-06-2010, 08:27 AM
u fat bro

DisturbedShifty
08-06-2010, 08:32 AM
It's a good thing for us Tony Sparano slimmed down; it really says something to his character and self restraint.

Football coaches are team leaders, command respect, and demand discipline. How can a coach expect a team to be disciplined for him if he's not even disciplined enough to put down the twinkies (I'm talking to you Rexy!).

If you look at the recent history of super bowls (last 20 years), there has never been a fat football coach who has won a Super Bowl. Coincidence? I think not. (And don't say Holmgren with the Pack, cuz he wasn't full on fat yet, once he became a full blown tub w/ the Seahawks they lost) As stated earlier, your appearance is a direct reflection of your character and at the end of the day this is probably why people like Andy Reid consistently fall short. You could even go as far to say its a confidence factor, anyone who is in shape knows working out is a natural form self confidence, and the best cure for depression (put down the paxil get on the treadmill). I believe people as fat as Rex Ryan however much confidence they may show on the exterior are quite the opposite in reality. This probably explains why he feels the need to talk so much, because he doesn't have REAL confidence, only contrived cockiness.

I think some of you Jet fans out there should consider urging your boy to get on a diet (and a real one not that gastric bypass b.s. cuz that's not gonna stop him from eating all the wings) otherwise you guys are gonna be stuck crying in the winter again.

Not only is this the dumbest thread I have ever read it's most ignorant thread I have ever read. I mean, really? Just because a guy is over weight doesn't mean he can't win games.

WesternNYDolfan
08-06-2010, 09:39 AM
First off to the person who said Madden, he wasn't really that fat when he won, but either way i said recent history

Also, this wasn't a thread to get on fat people, I myself way nearly 240, however, I was 250 at one point, and lost 70 lbs in 6 months, down to 180; its not that losing weight makes you feel good because of the appearance, its the fact that working out just makes you feel good for whatever reason....

Lastly, don't get so bent out of shape, really all the theorizing I did took away from the main point, that I have yet to be proven wrong on. Has a fat coach ever won a Super Bowl? The answer is no, and this is another reason I'm not worried about Rex :)

WesternNYDolfan
08-06-2010, 09:41 AM
And also being fat doesn't stop you from being a good coach, I never meant to insinuate that, its just for whatever reason it does stop you from winning a super bowl

get a sense of humor my fellow Dolfans :)

KlausC
08-06-2010, 10:36 AM
First off to the person who said Madden, he wasn't really that fat when he won, but either way i said recent history

Also, this wasn't a thread to get on fat people, I myself way nearly 240, however, I was 250 at one point, and lost 70 lbs in 6 months, down to 180; its not that losing weight makes you feel good because of the appearance, its the fact that working out just makes you feel good for whatever reason....

Lastly, don't get so bent out of shape, really all the theorizing I did took away from the main point, that I have yet to be proven wrong on. Has a fat coach ever won a Super Bowl? The answer is no, and this is another reason I'm not worried about Rex :)

You're a ****ing idiot. You weren't being sarcastic, you truly tried to sell to everyone that being overweight would prevent the Jets from winning a superbowl. Your pathetic attempt to sell this as an attempt at humor after the fact is transparent. I do thank you for your stupidity though, it is quite amusing.

WesternNYDolfan
08-06-2010, 11:01 AM
You're a ****ing idiot. You weren't being sarcastic, you truly tried to sell to everyone that being overweight would prevent the Jets from winning a superbowl. Your pathetic attempt to sell this as an attempt at humor after the fact is transparent. I do thank you for your stupidity though, it is quite amusing.

^^^^mad cuz I'm right :)

KlausC
08-09-2010, 06:19 PM
hah - not only was this retarded, but it wasn't even your own original thought. How retarded do you have to be to plagiarize the idea of a retard? Is that like retard squared?
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2428240/fat_coaches_in_the_nfl.html?cat=14

FinFan 13
08-09-2010, 06:46 PM

Hey WSW,

While the OP's post might be out there. Leave your GG personal attacks in NY.

BobDole
08-09-2010, 07:15 PM
Hey WSW,

While the OP's post might be out there. Leave your GG personal attacks in NY.

you're allowed to do this in the depths. that's why this forum is here. you're also allowed to attack him back if you want to. it's the whole reason this forum exists.

FinFan 13
08-09-2010, 07:24 PM
you're allowed to do this in the depths. that's why this forum is here. you're also allowed to attack him back if you want too. it's the whole reason this forum exists.

Really? How is it that I did not know this....

Now I feel like sinking to a new low....:)

Since you're a mod, I'm blaming you if I get banned....:)

**** the Jests....**** WSW....Triple **** Junc in the *** with a rusty railroad spike.....Rex Ryan is the anti-christ....And oh yeah, I mean this in the nicest way possible.....:)

KlausC
08-09-2010, 07:25 PM

**** the Jests....**** WSW....Triple **** Junc in the *** with a rusty railroad spike.....Rex Ryan is the anti-christ....And oh yeah, I mean this in the nicest way possible.....:)

That's some funny chit you **** gobbling jizz stain.

BobDole
08-09-2010, 07:35 PM

that's more like it. :lol:

i lived in this forum the first like 6 months i found this site. you can have a lot of fun in here. anything goes.

FinFan 13
08-09-2010, 07:41 PM
That's some funny chit you **** gobbling jizz stain.

This post would mean something, if it weren't coming from some poor mother's basement. I understand, it's hard to take care of yourself when your favorite team is the laughing stock of professional sports. I really do understand. I am nowhere near as strong as the average Jests fan, I would have hanged myself long ago. You hotdog suckin, fat-slob lovin, OTA champs are much stronger than I will ever be. Just End The Season would take on a whole new meaning for me.

By the way ****er, funny is life as a Jests fan.....:)

FinFan 13
08-09-2010, 07:43 PM
that's more like it. :lol:

i lived in this forum the first like 6 months i found this site. you can have a lot of fun in here. anything goes.

Hey....Nice mullet....**** you...

I'm gonna like this....:)

Finally, the freedom I have longed for......I think I'll start some ignorant *** posts like the OP....

KlausC
08-09-2010, 08:06 PM
This post would mean something, if it weren't coming from some poor mother's basement. I understand, it's hard to take care of yourself when your favorite team is the laughing stock of professional sports. I really do understand. I am nowhere near as strong as the average Jests fan, I would have hanged myself long ago. You hotdog suckin, fat-slob lovin, OTA champs are much stronger than I will ever be. Just End The Season would take on a whole new meaning for me.

By the way ****er, funny is life as a Jests fan.....:)

Why on earth would me shacking up in your mothers basement have any effect on the legitimacy of my comment? She takes fine care of me down here and pays me a decent wage to clean her pipes on a regular basis.

Soon to be Champs.

FinFan 13
08-09-2010, 08:15 PM
Why on earth would me shacking up in your mothers basement have any effect on the legitimacy of my comment? She takes fine care of me down here and pays me a decent wage to clean her pipes on a regular basis.

Soon to be Champs.

The best part of that comment was your, and Jabba's, misspelling of the word CHUMPS.

You are right about one thing, my mom does take good care of you. She told me she only has to feed you once a day, she does request you work on that house training thing though.

By the way, I told your mom it wasn't going to work out, she just reminds me too much of Rex. Did she follow through with killing her fatass? She said she could no longer live w/o my good ****. I tried to explain that when you're an ogre all **** is good ****, yet somehow she just wouldn't understand. The money was good, BUT NOT THAT GOOD.......

WesternNYDolfan
08-10-2010, 01:09 PM
Rex Ryan's still a fat ***, and the Jets still won't win the super bowl

and I didn't plagiarize the idea, but its good to see I'm not the only one who noticed

PhinPhan910
08-11-2010, 02:35 PM
This is the dumbest thread ever.

jetsmetsfan
11-15-2010, 08:25 PM
No sense of humor here. Obviously the muscles are wrapped too tight around the brain

jetsmetsfan
11-15-2010, 08:29 PM
The best part of that comment was your, and Jabba's, misspelling of the word CHUMPS.

You are right about one thing, my mom does take good care of you. She told me she only has to feed you once a day, she does request you work on that house training thing though.

By the way, I told your mom it wasn't going to work out, she just reminds me too much of Rex. Did she follow through with killing her fatass? She said she could no longer live w/o my good ****. I tried to explain that when you're an ogre all **** is good ****, yet somehow she just wouldn't understand. The money was good, BUT NOT THAT GOOD.......

Yo just one question...Who hold the rock up when you crawl out from under it?