PDA

View Full Version : anyone buy the new madden yet?

djb2280
08-10-2010, 01:10 PM
what do they have douglas and grant on them yet from , i know the fins got them late, hows the game

Tunaphish429
08-10-2010, 01:11 PM
what do they have douglas and grant on them yet from , i know the fins got them late, hows the game

I would assume they are in the roster update..I dont have it yet..I plan to get it today..

The demo was aight.

dolfan3431
08-10-2010, 01:19 PM
Awesome game.grant is a 76 and douglas a 73 both are on the initial roster update

SnakeoilSeller
08-10-2010, 01:21 PM
Have not got it yet, my wife reserved my copy for my birthday. I am going to try and make it out today!

WesternNYDolfan
08-10-2010, 01:23 PM
The game's great, love the new control's and running with ricky and ronnie, then throwing it up to B Marshall when they start stacking the line is like child's play; the only thing that is a little annoying is the initial roster update starts Misi at wolb, and Anderson at strong side, so i just move misi to strong and bring wake on weak, its just annoying to do for every game; another thing that annoys me is the receivers are constantly dropping easy passes its like they thought our whole team last year couldn't catch because of Ginn, EA the dropsys aren't contageous....also I believe alot of the lineman got shafted on the ratings, but I bet as the season progresses the players ratings will become more accurate; highly recommend the game though

SamTodd
08-10-2010, 01:25 PM
Idk, judging by the demos, i think NCAA is way better.

soldier1385
08-10-2010, 01:29 PM
i gotta wait another week for it to arrive here in iraq

JerryWrasse
08-10-2010, 01:30 PM
Please do not buy this crap. Differences between 2010 and this one are 1. updated rosters 2. better graphics. Otherwise its the exact same game. Oh yeah, and they got rid of turbo. Not one change to franchise mode because EA claims that it takes too much time and effort. They will only respond to money, so please do not buy this game. Unfortunatley the name and hype that surround this game are enough to make many people cough $60 for a series that has changed very little over the past 5 years.

willmode
08-10-2010, 01:30 PM
Downloaded it on the Psp yesterday. Psp different than 360 or ps3. I like the game though play calling is simple.
Wont spend the 60 for the 360 version but for free on the psp it is great.

napsndreds
08-10-2010, 01:31 PM
yes i have it.

JC
08-10-2010, 01:35 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/432622-madden-2011-five-feature-not-in-the-new-game

written by yours truly

nasty
08-10-2010, 01:35 PM
yes and its awsome.

RobertHorry
08-10-2010, 01:38 PM
Games very good but Vontae Davis and Sean Smith suck in this game if you put them into man coverage. Koa Misi is a BEAST though. I had 8 tackles and 3 sacks with him on my first game online. Clemons is VERY VERY fast too.

Does anyone want to do team play 3v3?

state06
08-10-2010, 01:43 PM
game is awesome. i really wish they changed franchise but they are redoing a completely new franchise that they started last year so its taking a while. but in the game Marshall is a BEAST. I dont know what justifies Wake losing 3 points in the roster update, but hartline and misi both got boosted so moot point. One player i like (suprisingly) is Anderson. he sucks IRL but is decent on the game. The game plays NOTHING like M10. completely different feel with some cool new animations.

JerryWrasse
08-10-2010, 01:55 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/432622-madden-2011-five-feature-not-in-the-new-game

written by yours truly

Awesome write-up. Some of your suggestions are great. I would like to add that they need to bring back contract disputes and player emotions, the previous kick meter, and turbo. Get rid of strategy pad. Fix simulated stats. 04 and 05 were great. Every since Madden got the sole rights to the NFL there is no more innovation to the series and its sucks that people continue to buy the lackluster product.

Predaphin
08-10-2010, 02:03 PM
Picking up my copy after work

MarshallFin1
08-10-2010, 02:06 PM
im not buying it, i was disappointed how bad the gameplay was, yes the graphics are good and so is the roster updates, but its gameplay what i was lookin for. Madden 2010 i prefer way more with updated rosters.

WesternNYDolfan
08-10-2010, 02:07 PM
Games very good but Vontae Davis and Sean Smith suck in this game if you put them into man coverage. Koa Misi is a BEAST though. I had 8 tackles and 3 sacks with him on my first game online. Clemons is VERY VERY fast too.

Does anyone want to do team play 3v3?

I'm down to run with the fins, I play on ps3 and gamer tag is HoogsPlaya

DJ1989
08-10-2010, 02:09 PM
No PC Version = No buy.

RobertHorry
I'm down to run with the fins, I play on ps3 and gamer tag is HoogsPlaya

ahh I got 360. Anyone with 360 wanna run?

SebasMiamiFan
I got it last night at the midnight release. I added Charles Grant, moved Clemons to the starting FS position, moved Misi to starting SOLB over Anderson, and moved Sheets to PR/KR. This caused the Dolphins to jump from 79 to 85. Also Martin and Caroll aren't in the game.

Crzynick25
08-10-2010, 02:12 PM
Has anyone noticed any major bugs or glitches? The last two Maddens were boarder line unplayable until the first patch came out and fixed the issues. For this reason i am thinking of waiting until mid September to buy this, at least by then the patch should be out and the rosters will be more accurate.

I know with NCAA 11 we are still waiting for the 1st patch to fix some annoying bugs and they had to release a LTP to fix a major dynasty progression issue, so i was just wondering if anyone has noticed anything yet?

PhinsPhan11
08-10-2010, 02:16 PM
I don't have it, but it looks pretty good.

WesternNYDolfan
08-10-2010, 02:17 PM
Please do not buy this crap. Differences between 2010 and this one are 1. updated rosters 2. better graphics. Otherwise its the exact same game. Oh yeah, and they got rid of turbo. Not one change to franchise mode because EA claims that it takes too much time and effort. They will only respond to money, so please do not buy this game. Unfortunatley the name and hype that surround this game are enough to make many people cough $60 for a series that has changed very little over the past 5 years.

The game play is way different, the physics are so realistic it's amazing.

Offensive line blocking schemes actually work like in real life, the new two stick running gives you more control than ever

Receivers are finally conscious of the sidelines and make awesome catches on the sides. Fade routes are extremely realistic now too

The cuts the receivers make on routes are realistic; defenders move like real defenders and if you go hard in one direction if the player is agile they can change directions much easier than they used to

the three tap kick meter is back

Also, the little tips the coach gives in gameflow are a nice touch

If you care about playing the game online and having the most realistic football experience possible, this is leaps and bounds ahead of madden 10. If you like to do franchises against the computer, i don't think there's much change, but who does that anymore? madden is a game that is really at its best when you're playing real competition and not a computer

state06
08-10-2010, 02:18 PM
I got it last night at the midnight release. I added Charles Grant, moved Clemons to the starting FS position, moved Misi to starting SOLB over Anderson, and moved Sheets to PR/KR. This caused the Dolphins to jump from 79 to 85. Also Martin and Caroll aren't in the game.

if you wanted to you could download the latest rosters on the game. it has Wake losing 3 ovr points. hartline and misi each going up. Clemons starting, grant and douglas. Also puts Caroll(93 sp) and Cobbs in the game.

Chubby
08-10-2010, 02:19 PM
Here is my question, in the demo the presnap camera angle was horrid atleast to me. Its seem way to faraway. Doe they give you an option to correct this? Or was this fixed on the retail version?

vaneasy2338
08-10-2010, 02:19 PM
loved the game. Running game is so much smoother. I've been tearing it up with Ronnie. Only problems I have are that the Kickoff game is so hard. Im lucky to get to the 20. And as always you can't drop back 3-4 olbs in anything but the flats because they are garbage in covergae. Why the long hair with Misi?

SebasMiamiFan
08-10-2010, 02:21 PM
The only thing I don't like is the way everyone runs. It seems like everyone runs fast. People who already run fast seem to glide. Plus the QB motions are unrealistic (you can run towards the right and throw a deep pass on the run).

I also liked the old system of audibles. This new one is annoying.

johngarry
08-10-2010, 02:22 PM
keep yourself and your buddy's safe til it gets there soldier1385...we're all rooting for you! and THANKS!!!

Tunaphish429
08-10-2010, 02:22 PM
Has anyone noticed any major bugs or glitches? The last two Maddens were boarder line unplayable until the first patch came out and fixed the issues. For this reason i am thinking of waiting until mid September to buy this, at least by then the patch should be out and the rosters will be more accurate.

I know with NCAA 11 we are still waiting for the 1st patch to fix some annoying bugs and they had to release a LTP to fix a major dynasty progression issue, so i was just wondering if anyone has noticed anything yet?

Honeslty there has not been any real bad glitches in the next gen systems...some times in the Ps2 versions they had a glitches....

Like the quick pass glitch and the motion glitch..but the game has been pretty clean for a while..sometimes you might get an end game glitch

SebasMiamiFan
08-10-2010, 02:24 PM
if you wanted to you could download the latest rosters on the game. it has Wake losing 3 ovr points. hartline and misi each going up. Clemons starting, grant and douglas. Also puts Caroll(93 sp) and Cobbs in the game.

I forgot about the update. Stupid me...

Why did Wake lose points?

state06
08-10-2010, 02:29 PM
I forgot about the update. Stupid me...

Why did Wake lose points?

not sure, but i guess it goes both ways with hartline and Misi going up in ovr.

soldier1385
08-10-2010, 02:30 PM
keep yourself and your buddy's safe til it gets there soldier1385...we're all rooting for you! and THANKS!!!

thanks buddy, proudly and loudly supporting the dolphins over here. I am the only fins fan and I have 5 Jets fans, 9 Patriot fans, and 1 Bills fan in my company. Gonna be a fun year!

philguim44
08-10-2010, 02:59 PM
I'll be playing later this week on PS3 add me up my gamertag is philguim44
Lets whip them jets

RobertHorry
08-10-2010, 03:08 PM
So anyone with 360 wanna do team play?

mrodriguez4096
08-10-2010, 03:42 PM
HEY GUYS!!! Just got the game this morning and will be playing it tonight on PS3..... The gamertag is blitzdolphin if someone wants to get a game hit me up.

vafins
08-10-2010, 04:34 PM
I just got it one thing i can say right off the bat is I dont like is the no turbo i feel like everyone is slow as ****

Tunaphish429
08-10-2010, 04:46 PM
I just got it one thing i can say right off the bat is I dont like is the no turbo i feel like everyone is slow as ****

Yea you can turn off the auto sprint....

Its really lame

vafins
08-10-2010, 04:49 PM
I guess it makes it more realistic but i feel like returning a kick for a TD is gonna be tough, Brandon marshall makes some great catches hope he does it in real life

vafins
08-10-2010, 05:01 PM
just finished another game I LOVE the running game improvements though

WelcomeBack
08-10-2010, 06:01 PM
Finished a game and got 2 sacks from Misi, one from Odrick and one from Starks. Nolan Carroll and Sean Smith both had INT's. Both Ronnie and Ricky running the ball quite a bit. Marshall is a beast. I love the game so far.

Although, Misi with long hair is annoying haha.

SirDrums
08-10-2010, 06:17 PM
Picking up the game tonight. Gamer tag is ParadidleRidle (Dont ask hehe) look me up.

mrodriguez4096
08-10-2010, 06:48 PM
If there is anyone running a Chise, or know of someone running one send me a message to blitzdolphin (gamertag on PS3).

RobertHorry
08-10-2010, 06:56 PM
KOA MISI is AMAZING in the game. Good lord he is quick in this game. He's faster than Wake. I just had 6 sacks with him in an online ranked game.

sinPHIN
08-10-2010, 08:42 PM
i have it and ncaa is way better

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

why the hell does misi have long hair

Dolfan3773
08-10-2010, 09:06 PM

How do I DL the roster update for Xbox 360?

j-off-her-doll
08-10-2010, 09:46 PM
Just got it - fooling around with playbooks before I play online. I'm on the fence. What defensive playbooks are you guys using? All the Jets RB's are almost impossible to tack on All Madden setting. Still beat 'em, but it was pretty annoying. The passing game is more realistic. Still getting used to the changed in the running game. I hate the changes they've made to the audible system. But, B. Marshall is a beast.

whodizking
08-11-2010, 01:28 AM
Ok my fast review,

Presention still garbage like every year. No espn presention and announcer are boring and Gus is annoying. Sound like to robots not talking to each other.
No changes in game modes like franchise unexceptable, u are the only NFL game out u must always upgrade or try to improve.
Players like misi with long hair, pat white with a tan and henne looking like a erg dude and not himself shows lazy workmanship on ther part.
Some goods is the game plays smoother and lead blocking is as good as ever in any football game. WR finally seem to jump for the ball and tip toe for a in bounce pass.
Why I'm disappointed is becuz a 6 year old game like NFL 2k5 had great presentation, WR tippy toeing and players looking real similar to what they look like even if he wasn't a superstar. Also QB had to plant before he can throw unlike in madden where u are launching off your back foot and be pin point.

Some advice,

I would move c.wake to DE since he is rated in this pos. as a 86 unlike olb rating of 73. Also take lanford out on passing downs in dime package and put Misi or Anderson at the other DE spot since they are both rated 81 and 80. So better pass rush or exotic blitzing where the end drops in coverage and is better then your average end since they are olb. Cobbs is a great slot WR as he is rated as high as d. Bess there at 74.(just don't expect him to jump to high at his size) I'm even considering putting w. Allen at FS since he is rated at I think a 76 there and leave Clemons for special teams tackler since he gets down field so fast. When starting culver has that spot special teams and he is much slower.

Well that's all for now.......lol I forgot b. Marshall is a beast and henne arm is crazy strong. Long ball status great :)

Crzynick25
08-11-2010, 09:00 AM
Couple of questions for you all that have bought the game:

1st: Is anyone having problems with the game freezing, i was just reading over on the EA forums and a lot of people are complaining about the game freezes going into offline franchise games and play now games. Also issues with the game freezing in the 3rd and 4th quarter, has anyone noticed any of this on the EA forums is seems to be both a PS3 and XBOX 360 issue.

2nd: Is the wildcat in the game for the Dolphins? and if it is does it work like it did when Madden 10 first came out or does it work like is did after the patch where the Running back studder steps which almost always causes him to get tackled in the backfield.

Any info you all could give would be much appreciated. Thanks

Tunaphish429
08-11-2010, 09:14 AM
Couple of questions for you all that have bought the game:

1st: Is anyone having problems with the game freezing, i was just reading over on the EA forums and a lot of people are complaining about the game freezes going into offline franchise games and play now games. Also issues with the game freezing in the 3rd and 4th quarter, has anyone noticed any of this on the EA forums is seems to be both a PS3 and XBOX 360 issue.

2nd: Is the wildcat in the game for the Dolphins? and if it is does it work like it did when Madden 10 first came out or does it work like is did after the patch where the Running back studder steps which almost always causes him to get tackled in the backfield.

Any info you all could give would be much appreciated. Thanks

Yes the wildcat is like that..Often if you dont had the ball off it take a second for you to be able to control him...

I have had no problems with the game freezing..Tho I only played one game so far online..

So anyway I bought the game yesterday and was playing with the fins..and realized the game is just way too easy...It was only one game and about an hour of practice mode...But I ran all over everyone to the point where it was almost not fun..almost lol..

The thing I like in the new game is the way the blocks look alot more real..I feel like the double teams are more effective as well as blockers get to the next level more..maybe a little too much..who knows tho still too early to tell..

I feel like throwing the ball is really easy..I played with Henne and even tho his stats are pretty much the same as last year he is far better in this game...for what reason I dont know why...

I got tremdous amount of pressure playing with the phins....My cousin the player I was playing against is not that good but I went up on him 21 to 0...Dansby had a pic, Smith had a pick, and Wake had a pick 6...

Misi is unreal he gets to the Qb better than Porter or Taylor ever did...

I think they made the gameplay alot like it was on the PS2..

I dont know how it is on XBOX but online you cant play ranked games against your friends...Which I understand why they did it,(because ppl play other fake accounts and run up scores to run up ranks) but its kinda lame...

PSN Jrep429

Tunaphish429
08-11-2010, 09:33 AM
Just got it - fooling around with playbooks before I play online. I'm on the fence. What defensive playbooks are you guys using? All the Jets RB's are almost impossible to tack on All Madden setting. Still beat 'em, but it was pretty annoying. The passing game is more realistic. Still getting used to the changed in the running game. I hate the changes they've made to the audible system. But, B. Marshall is a beast.

I used Baltimore's D playbook lastyear and tell you what its even better this year..Alot of exotic blitzes..Really fun to play with ..Some different formations but some balanced ones too...

On O last year I used the Eageles Playbook and its a shell of what it was last year...I think it lost 2 to 3 whole formations, I love Split back sets since the phins have 2 great running backs and it does not have it anymore..The Dolphins playbook is pretty small as well..I read that they were going to dumb down the playbooks because of the lack of plays that ppl call...That is so stupid IMO...I for one used my whole playbook and when you play another good player you really need those extra looks.

I have never been a fan of the wildcat in Madden ..I wish they would have just put the direct snap runs in with no motion man..

j-off-her-doll
08-11-2010, 12:29 PM
Yeah, I used the PHI offense, too. They still have most of my favorite passing plays, but my favorite running formation is gone. I've been hesitant to play online, because I CAN'T ****ING TACKLE against the game at all. I mean, in Madden 10, I'd hold the game to under 20 yards rushing. Last night, I gave up like 300 to the Jets. Is it IMPOSSIBLE to stop the run online, and do people actually tackle?

Tunaphish429
08-11-2010, 12:41 PM
Yeah, I used the PHI offense, too. They still have most of my favorite passing plays, but my favorite running formation is gone. I've been hesitant to play online, because I CAN'T ****ING TACKLE against the game at all. I mean, in Madden 10, I'd hold the game to under 20 yards rushing. Last night, I gave up like 300 to the Jets. Is it IMPOSSIBLE to stop the run online, and do people actually tackle?

One of my friends was complaining about this too...They break alot more tackles than they did in the past your def right about that..

In the past it seemed like when you used the hit stick ppl would break tons of tackles now it seems like you have to use it.

HurriPhin
08-13-2010, 01:54 AM
You know how I know that I have the best wife in the world... She bought me a 46" HDTV and Madden 11.

mrodriguez4096
08-13-2010, 09:37 PM
You know how I know that I have the best wife in the world... She bought me a 46" HDTV and Madden 11.

You my friend do have a great wife!

I have it for the PS3 and it took me a little while to get used to the new audibles and control functions but after a few games I was ok. Currently am 4-2 online and the only kind of running that seems to be hard to stop at the moments are the toss sweeps with a quick running back. Other then that I seem to stop the run pretty good using the Fins exclusively. I just bring pressure and adjust to what the player is looking to do.

The passing game is VERY easy, easier then in other years. And I don't know about anyone else but Pat White is SICK!! I bring him in certain packages and love seeing defenses trying to stop me.

I have not had any issues with lag but then again I am picky with who I play against. I try to see their connection status beforehand to see if it's high, also I don't play someone with a high DISC% just not worth playing someone who will go for it on every 4th down and then turn their system off when they are getting blown away.

Hit me up if you want to get a game one day - blitzdolphin (gamertag on PS3)

Cloudy
08-13-2010, 10:09 PM
Don't plan on buying this years copy. I'll wait until they decide to update franchise mode.

sinPHIN
08-14-2010, 12:22 AM
Don't plan on buying this years copy. I'll wait until they decide to update franchise mode.

its not all that bad but ncaa puts madden to shame this year

Ricky_Fan34
08-14-2010, 12:58 AM
You my friend do have a great wife!

I have it for the PS3 and it took me a little while to get used to the new audibles and control functions but after a few games I was ok. Currently am 4-2 online and the only kind of running that seems to be hard to stop at the moments are the toss sweeps with a quick running back. Other then that I seem to stop the run pretty good using the Fins exclusively. I just bring pressure and adjust to what the player is looking to do.

The passing game is VERY easy, easier then in other years. And I don't know about anyone else but Pat White is SICK!! I bring him in certain packages and love seeing defenses trying to stop me.

I have not had any issues with lag but then again I am picky with who I play against. I try to see their connection status beforehand to see if it's high, also I don't play someone with a high DISC% just not worth playing someone who will go for it on every 4th down and then turn their system off when they are getting blown away.

Hit me up if you want to get a game one day - blitzdolphin (gamertag on PS3)

Yeah man, we should play one day. I'm Miami_Dolphins34. I'm gonna go add you right now.