PDA

View Full Version : Jets vs dolphins, The breakdown

MarshallFin1
08-12-2010, 09:46 PM
As of right now the nfl experts think the jets are better than miami. Heres some reason why i think we are clearly the better and more talented team.:D

Wr's Whos better?

Marshall vs holmes = Marshall
Marshall vs edwards = marshall
Marshall vs crotchery= marshall

LBs Whos better?
Dansby vs bart scott = dansby
Crowder vs bart scott= scott

Rb's whos better?
Brown vs green= Brown
Brown vs LT= Brown (lt is washed up)
Brown vs Washington= Brown (i know leons not on the team nomore but i put him in anyways lol)
Williams vs Green= williams
williams vs Lt = williams
Qb's jets got this one, no need :)

CB's whos better
Smith vs revis= revis
smith vs cromartie= smith
Vontae vs revis= vontae
vontae vs cromartie= vontae

Toss up Jake long vs Nick mangold = long

So u see even though the jets got the better qb, we still have a very good one that can get the job done if he can make smarter decisions and be consistent. We have the better cbs, we have the better rbm we have the better wr's, we have the better talent. Ppl can keep overhypering the jets all day but i dont buy it, dolphins beat the jets twice last year when we had garbage on our team, taylor and porter. Now we took out the trash and added a ton of talent which is probably one of the best offseasons the fins have ever had in a decade. We are better.

SB here we come!:jetssuck:

juice1348
08-12-2010, 09:52 PM
This is a joke right?

You cant compare out two linebackers to their one. Pick their 2nd one to compare Crowder too. Compare our #1 to their #1,2 and 3??? Compare our 2 to their 2 (Bess and Holmes) and our 3 to their 3 (Hartline and Cotchery) and its suddenly much closer. Marshall does give us the best core though. Also, Vontae at this point is not better than Revis. thats dumb to say that as Revis proved he is a top 3 CB in the league. I believe Vontae could be, and may very well be, but at this point...no. Also, our QBs are much better than the Jets I believe. Henne is better than Sanchez right now and our backups are way better, so why would you say the Jets have it?

This was uninsightful and unintelligent. The Dolphins are more talented, better coached and even more physical than the Jets, so we SHOULD be better, but things happen, so who knows.

Vaark
08-12-2010, 09:57 PM
Jest have the better QB??? Whatever you're smoking, don't bogart it.

juice1348
08-12-2010, 09:59 PM
Man, your overall synopsis sucks too. Im sorry, I really dont insult anyone ever, but this is horrible. "Even though their quarterback is better...bla bla bla." Why? Why would Sanchez and his 12 tds, 20 picks and subpar arm strenght be better than Henne? Also, how are our CBs better than Revis and Cromartie right now? Cromartie (to quote Jim Rome), after 2007, stopped making plays and started making babies and was also burnt more last year than any DB beside the Gerbil, but him and Revis on paper are better than Vontae and Smith (or Allen). Ours could be better and maybe better at some point and are indeed very good, but you can not say ours are better...you just cant.
Our QB is better for sure, our RBs are better because Ronnie is a beast and Marshall makes our WRs a touch better. Our OLines are very equal. Overall our Offense SHOULD be better. From what I have seen, we will have a phenomenal pass rush, great cover LBs (which has killed us for years), and a solid secondary. We will have a good Defense and on par with the Jets, but you have to give the nod to the Jets.

Our special teams are slightly better because of Carpenter and our Coaching is better because we dont have an unproven fat slob coach who is honestly going to get one of his players hurt with his big mouth.

My overall synopsis says Miami should finish a game or two better than the Jets, but a turnover here or there and you never know.

MarshallFin1
08-12-2010, 10:00 PM
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, so i respect ur opinion juice but i disagree wit u sayin my post was unintelligent.

redbeard75
08-12-2010, 10:09 PM
Thank god we have 3 brandon marshalls at wr. Makes up for the lack of skill we have at QB......

Tigers2003
08-12-2010, 10:11 PM
This is a joke right?

You cant compare out two linebackers to their one. Pick their 2nd one to compare Crowder too. Compare our #1 to their #1,2 and 3??? Compare our 2 to their 2 (Bess and Holmes) and our 3 to their 3 (Hartline and Cotchery) and its suddenly much closer. Marshall does give us the best core though. Also, Vontae at this point is not better than Revis. thats dumb to say that as Revis proved he is a top 3 CB in the league. I believe Vontae could be, and may very well be, but at this point...no. Also, our QBs are much better than the Jets I believe. Henne is better than Sanchez right now and our backups are way better, so why would you say the Jets have it?

This was uninsightful and unintelligent. The Dolphins are more talented, better coached and even more physical than the Jets, so we SHOULD be better, but things happen, so who knows.

Thank you. Compare apples to apples not random players without acknowledging proper placement on depth chart. With Marshall are wr corps is better. If we did not have Marshall and Hartline did not show signs of his promise last year that would be the only way the Jets would have an edge. But that point is moot. For LBs they have Scott who is a beast. Dansby is our homerun hitter at LB. I say slight edge Dansby. Scott should not be compared to Crowder. Our Ol is better than theirs. Call me a homer but that is the way I see it. Sanchez is better than Henne LOL!!!! Both have some things to prove. I like more of what I see out of Henne. Sanchez is not as decisive and gets more rattled under pressure. We got the coolest cucumber between the two. Bottom line is if the defense is fixed we end up being the better team.

juice1348
08-12-2010, 10:21 PM
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, so i respect ur opinion juice but i disagree wit u sayin my post was unintelligent.

I am not being an ***, im just saying how can you compare Marshall to all three WRs without taking out other ones into account? Same at LB (Where Scott is much better than Crowder). Also, Hennes stats were much better than Sanchez, he was asked to win games and did, he stayed cooler and avoided huge mistakes and simply showed more promise. And their back QBs are horrible, while ours can win games.

Lastly, the post just simply didnt compare apples to apples.....but I agree the Fins are better, even when you DO compare apples to apples.

overworkedirish
08-12-2010, 10:32 PM
Thank god we have 3 brandon marshalls at wr. Makes up for the lack of skill we have at QB......

:lol2::lol2::crazy::chuckle:

I was on the floor DYING when I read this, because it was exactly what was going through my head.

Truly a waste of a thread. Horrendous post, OP.

overworkedirish
08-12-2010, 10:35 PM
...i disagree wit u sayin my post was unintelligent.

You're either hilarious or hopeless.

Ruby2
08-12-2010, 10:38 PM
I think this guy is just trying to stir up crap.

Thank the lord the season is almost year so this Jets vs Dolphins crap can actually be proven on the field instead of being rehashed millions of times on the interwebz.

NBP81
08-12-2010, 10:39 PM
As of right now the nfl experts think the jets are better than miami. Heres some reason why i think we are clearly the better and more talented team.:D

Wr's Whos better?

LBs Whos better?

Rb's whos better?
Brown vs green= Brown
Brown vs Washington= Brown (i know leons not on the team nomore but i put him in anyways lol)

CB's whos better
Smith vs revis= revis
Vontae vs revis= vontae

So u see even though the jets got the better qb, we still have a very good one that can get the job done if he can make smarter decisions and be consistent. We have the better cbs, we have the better rbm we have the better wr's, we have the better talent. Ppl can keep overhypering the jets all day but i dont buy it, dolphins beat the jets twice last year when we had garbage on our team, taylor and porter. Now we took out the trash and added a ton of talent which is probably one of the best offseasons the fins have ever had in a decade. We are better.

Cool story bro!

McPhin
08-12-2010, 10:51 PM
Umicef is sponsored by the MFL, the Mutha Ffffff........oh no........Unicef is sponsored by the NFL, the National Football League-----Bob Nelson (comedian)

ZILLA
08-12-2010, 10:54 PM

basically

*clicks imaginary "No Thanks" button*

McPhin
08-12-2010, 10:55 PM
Let's just simplify this whole thread......Aqua n Coral > Puke Green NJ.......Forever!.....Love all you Dolphin fans, spread the love!!!!!

jdm07m
08-12-2010, 11:20 PM
[QUOTE=MarshallFin1;1063510380]As of right now the nfl experts think the jets are better than miami. Heres some reason why i think we are clearly the better and more talented team.:D

Wr's Whos better?

LBs Whos better?

Rb's whos better?
Brown vs green= Brown

CB's whos better
Smith vs revis= revis
Vontae vs revis= vontae

dude... i love your enthusiasm over the fins... but this has to be the stupidest synopsis ever.... and another thing... how the hell is a rookie who barely threw the ball more then 20 times in a game with the stats of 12TDS and 20INTs whom also had Braylon edwards , dustin keller, jericho cotchery better then a 2nd yr QB who had never started a game until this past season who threw 12TDS and 14 INTs to Devone Bess, TED GINN JR! (MR " I DROP EVERY PASS"), greg camarillo, brian hartline, and Anthony Fasano... its no question... Henne had no talent and did the best he could.... Sanchez had all the weapons to have a great season like Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco did in the season before... FACT: Sanchez is way overrated....

and....

at CB, its a fact, the jets have the best in the league.... Cromartie and Revis are better then both are corners right now... lets see how they develop and then make your calls...

you need to do your homework if your gonna make such bold (to say the least) assumptions..

PhinsPhan11
08-12-2010, 11:36 PM
Exactly, if we had 3 Marshalls we would be dominant at WR.

nyjunc
08-13-2010, 08:09 AM

Wr's Whos better?

LBs Whos better?

Rb's whos better?
Brown vs green= Brown

CB's whos better
Smith vs revis= revis
Vontae vs revis= vontae

:lol::lol2: Well this settles it.

KTOWNFINFAN
08-13-2010, 08:59 AM
I think the orginal thread SCREAMS to the fact of why we should never start threads while drinking.

tazthenomad
08-13-2010, 09:11 AM

That's funny!

Seriously - regardless of the opinions expressed on the relative talent at each position, the format of the comparison was not logical.

D.C_D.Fan
08-13-2010, 09:21 AM
Good thing. If only we had MARRRKKK SANNNNCHEZZZZZZZZ.

qmar
08-13-2010, 11:23 AM
Man, your overall synopsis sucks too. Im sorry, I really dont insult anyone ever, but this is horrible. "Even though their quarterback is better...bla bla bla." Why? Why would Sanchez and his 12 tds, 20 picks and subpar arm strenght be better than Henne? Also, how are our CBs better than Revis and Cromartie right now? Cromartie (to quote Jim Rome), after 2007, stopped making plays and started making babies and was also burnt more last year than any DB beside the Gerbil, but him and Revis on paper are better than Vontae and Smith (or Allen). Ours could be better and maybe better at some point and are indeed very good, but you can not say ours are better...you just cant.
Our QB is better for sure, our RBs are better because Ronnie is a beast and Marshall makes our WRs a touch better. Our OLines are very equal. Overall our Offense SHOULD be better. From what I have seen, we will have a phenomenal pass rush, great cover LBs (which has killed us for years), and a solid secondary. We will have a good Defense and on par with the Jets, but you have to give the nod to the Jets.

Our special teams are slightly better because of Carpenter and our Coaching is better because we dont have an unproven fat slob coach who is honestly going to get one of his players hurt with his big mouth.

My overall synopsis says Miami should finish a game or two better than the Jets, but a turnover here or there and you never know.

While I agree the original posters thoughts were quite a bit off and the comparisons were not apples to apples (comparing Marshall to all 3 WR's is not how you should be comparing them), I think one of your comments in particular is off.

You cannot consider our defense on par with the Jets. Even with the upgrades and growth of some of our young players, their defense is better and not just a touch. If Misi ends up being great and Wake ends up being the monster pass rusher we are hoping for and Odrick as a rookie can take on the starting end spot and Starks can convert to NT, and Smith and Vontae take their play to the next level, and Clemons can turn into a solid FS, IF IF IF IF IF, lots of if's. The Jets defense does not really have any If's at this point (sans maybe safety). They proved last year that their defense is dominant and I just don't see how you can say we are on par with them.

I sure hope we end up a game or two better then the Jets but you do realize we have to get through a nightmare schedule the first 9 games where the Bills are really the only team we play where you can say that should be a win:

Vikings
Jets
Pats
Packers
Steelers
Bengals
Ravens
Titans

That is one of the deadliest 8 game stretch's I have ever seen. I know last year's schedule was tough and we played the Colts and Saints, but just b/c of those 8 straight games, I'm more fearful of this year's schedule. If we can come out of the first 9 games at 6-3, we should feel very happy about this team, although I just don't see how we beat 5 of those 8 teams.

Wins against Titans, Bengals, Jets, Pats, and Steelers? Maybe, but thats alot to ask for.

Jetsfan0099
08-13-2010, 01:31 PM
lol at you Dolphin fans, first off you guys are absolutely obsessed with the Jets, never seen a team message board talk so much about another team. Anyways I have to say its hilarious that you guys find it more ridiculous that he said Sanchez is better than Henne, than him saying Vontae Davis is better than Darrelle Revis. Revis the best CB in the league worse than one of the lesser CBs in the league last year.

MadDog 88
08-13-2010, 01:37 PM
I think the orginal thread SCREAMS to the fact of why we should never start threads while drinking.What if he was sober?? :unsure:

qmar
08-13-2010, 01:51 PM
lol at you Dolphin fans, first off you guys are absolutely obsessed with the Jets, never seen a team message board talk so much about another team. Anyways I have to say its hilarious that you guys find it more ridiculous that he said Sanchez is better than Henne, than him saying Vontae Davis is better than Darrelle Revis. Revis the best CB in the league worse than one of the lesser CBs in the league last year.

Understand that there was so much wrong with his post that it's hard to capture it all in a reply. And I love how you criticize a Dolphins board about being obsessed with the Jets when it's blatantly obvious of your obsession with the Dolphins. We are rivals, of course we are going to talk about each other and talk about how each team stacks up. Where I draw the line is trolling on THAT rival's website.

Jetsfan0099
08-13-2010, 02:10 PM
Understand that there was so much wrong with his post that it's hard to capture it all in a reply. And I love how you criticize a Dolphins board about being obsessed with the Jets when it's blatantly obvious of your obsession with the Dolphins. We are rivals, of course we are going to talk about each other and talk about how each team stacks up. Where I draw the line is trolling on THAT rival's website.

How am I obsessed about the Dolphins? Do I post about the DOlphins constantly on the Jets board? Actually on the Jets board there are hardly any post about the Dolphins and we have a few Dolphin trolls. I come here for a laugh, because I know there will be threads about the Jets. If there wasn't maybe I wouldn't post? But there is always some kind of thread saying how much better the Dolphins are to the Jets. Its just funny how obsessed this board is with the Jets. Go to a Jets message board, you won't find anything about the Dolphins, because we actually talk about our team, besides maybe a thread or 2 that comes up once in a while about something that was said about the Jets from a Dolphins player.

Chubby
08-13-2010, 02:12 PM
How am I obsessed about the Dolphins? Do I post about the DOlphins constantly on the Jets board? Actually on the Jets board there are hardly any post about the Dolphins and we have a few Dolphin trolls. I come here for a laugh, because I know there will be threads about the Jets. If there wasn't maybe I wouldn't post? But there is always some kind of thread saying how much better the Dolphins are to the Jets. Its just funny how obsessed this board is with the Jets. Go to a Jets message board, you won't find anything about the Dolphins, because we actually talk about our team, besides maybe a thread or 2 that comes up once in a while about something that was said about the Jets from a Dolphins player.

Wait there is a Jets Forums? Didn't know Jet Fans could read. :) Sorry 0099 couldn't help myself :) Cheers

tay0365
08-13-2010, 02:23 PM

LOL...Yea, you know what is even more pathetic and obsessed, Fans of another team coming to a rival board because they are afraid of what may be written about their team. :up:

Jetsfan0099
08-13-2010, 02:37 PM
LOL...Yea, you know what is even more pathetic and obsessed, Fans of another team coming to a rival board because they are afraid of what may be written about their team. :up:

More pathetic is being a Dolphins fan in NJ.

Chubby
08-13-2010, 02:57 PM
WR

Marshall vs Edwards = Adv Marshall
Bess vs Holmes = Adv Jets
Wallace vs Cotchery = Adv Jets
Hartline?

FearTheBeard
08-13-2010, 03:06 PM
Carey is a far better overall right tackle then Woody.

foozool13
08-13-2010, 03:58 PM
Not a very good write up in my opinion...including leon washington???? huh...comparing all three WRs to 1...???? I agree the phins are better but this isnt the way to prove it.

MarshallFin1
08-13-2010, 04:26 PM
Not a very good write up in my opinion...including leon washington???? huh...comparing all three WRs to 1...???? I agree the phins are better but this isnt the way to prove it.

Thats cool, everyone has an opinion and i respect urs. My write up isnt about comparing every part of the teams, its just to prove that while the jets have more better players, we have the better talent which is why we swept them last season.

tay0365
08-13-2010, 05:05 PM

No, It's still being a Jets fan, It must be tough knowing year in and year out, your team will find a way to not make it to the SB yet again. I was able to watch my team make it 5 times, and amass one of the highest winning % of any sports team.

fins99
08-13-2010, 05:18 PM

Not unintelligent necessarily, but uneducated for sure. Are you watching the games with someone who can help you understand what you are seeing?:confused:

fins99
08-13-2010, 05:33 PM

More unfortunate than pathetic (god, its got to truly suck!). More pathetic is you coming here, reading threats, and REPLYING in them! Come in if you must to be "entertained", but finding the need to post is the definition of pathetic. I bet you were "entertained" twice last year. Let's see how funny it is when we sweep you again.

My condolences Tay.

fins99
08-13-2010, 05:37 PM
I don't think so, but your free to opinion.

Also Hartline isn't as good as either cotchery or holmes, and thats not even debatable.

But Bess is better than Cotchery and on par with Holmes. If you are going to compare 3 wide sets, do apples to apples, before the mob gets you!

EaTiNgCrOw
08-13-2010, 05:45 PM
Is it possible to ban someone....like by votes....and like right now???

BobDole
08-13-2010, 06:11 PM
how has this thread lasted in the main forum for this long? i blame myself. :lol:

to the depths we go.

Bumpus
08-13-2010, 06:21 PM
I think the orginal thread SCREAMS to the fact of why we should never start threads while drinking.

No way, bro. It's great fun to start threads while drinking.

However, in this case, I'm thinking shrooms were somehow involved.

This thread is kinda embarrassing. I'd like to see someone just close it. Oh, wait ... :lol:

Bumpus
08-13-2010, 06:27 PM
Oh well, it got moved to the depths.

Fitting. :up:

PhinsPhan11
08-13-2010, 09:21 PM
That's funny!

Seriously - regardless of the opinions expressed on the relative talent at each position, the format of the comparison was not logical.
The comparisons didn't make any sense at all.

jetsknicks1
08-14-2010, 01:24 PM

Wr's Whos better?

LBs Whos better?

Rb's whos better?
Brown vs green= Brown

CB's whos better
Smith vs revis= revis
Vontae vs revis= vontae

I'm a bit confused. Do you have 3 WRs named Marshall or is the one guy going to play all 3 WR spots?

Leon Washington? Uhhhh......Ok. Hey! Is Brown better than Curtis Martin too?

Long over Mangold? Do you actually watch any football? Long is going to be an excellent player for a long time but he's not better better than Mangold.

jetssuck? Veeerrryyy original. Btw, "Jets" is supposed to capitalized & those are actually supposed to be two seperate words.