PDA

View Full Version : Ginn KNOWS Phin Fans HATE him

NYPhin24
08-13-2010, 03:06 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/16192/ginn-acutely-aware-of-dolfan-displeasure

"You could check a lot of things out over the Internet," Ginn told NFC West blogger Mike Sando. "There are a lot of things on there when you type 'Ted Ginn Jr. (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=10453)' Through the offseason and just times when you are alone, you go and look at different things like that and you see what some people think about you and what some people don't think about it. 'Inconsistent' is one of the words that is out here about me, and I don't like that. So I just try to go out every day and just try to get better."

"I doubt "inconsistent" was the worst adjective Ginn encountered.":lol:

"You can't get mad at a fan who loves Miami that has been down there for 40 years and understands the tradition, just like you can't get mad at a fan who knows San Francisco," Ginn said. "They want something out of you that they expect that you should do. It means I have to go out and give it to them."

At least it sounds like he was somewhat self aware.....

Patrick_Bateman
08-13-2010, 03:14 PM
I'm glad he's out of Miami, having said that hopefully he figures out a way to improve with his new team although I won't hold my breath on that one lol....

Chubby
08-13-2010, 03:16 PM
'Inconsistent'
Understatement! My biggest issue with him wasn't his inconsistency it was sometimes it seemed like he wasnt trying or just didnt care. Other times he was playing scarred. I went from just not liking him as a player to Not respecting him.
Chubbs

X-Pacolypse
08-13-2010, 03:22 PM
Inconsistency was one thing. It's the fact that he played scared well over a majority of the time was the reason why many Dolphins fans turned on him. Then again, a lot fans just turned on him the minute his name was called in the 2007 Draft. I gave this guy an honest chance to show me SOMETHING, and he failed to do so. He's going to wind up in Singletary's doghouse sooner than later, and he'll probably be out of the league in a few years.

You can't teach courage. Ginn lacks it in spades.

ROADRUNNER
Ginn still sucks..............

NYPhin24
Understatement! My biggest issue with him wasn't his inconsistency it was sometimes it seemed like he wasnt trying or just didnt care. Other times he was playing scarred. I went from just not liking him as a player to Not respecting him.
Chubbs

I dont think a single player, coach, or fan in the entire NFL respects him, when people hear his name they laugh, which is another part of the reason im happy he is gone so i dont have to feel embarassed when somebody bring his name up

Dr. Phin
08-13-2010, 03:23 PM
I bet he found the word "SUCKS" a whole bunch!!!

SpurzN703
08-13-2010, 03:25 PM
I wonder if he's seen the video of Cam Cameron mentioning Ginn's family

X-Pacolypse
08-13-2010, 03:27 PM
I bet he found the word "SUCKS" a whole bunch!!!

I guarantee you he's come across the "Ginn Family Memorial Thread."

Feed Rex Ryan
08-13-2010, 03:28 PM
Good.

Myles Fynch
08-13-2010, 03:29 PM

It's true that you can't teach it, but the military can toughen a soft guy up. It speaks volumes that Parcells didn't think it worth the effort.

Tunaphish429
08-13-2010, 03:31 PM
Thanks for the memories Ginn..

Thanks alot....

abNORMal
08-13-2010, 03:33 PM
Ted Jr was somewhat a victim himself. It wasn't his fault that Cam and co. drafted him waayyy too high and that is what added to our high expectations. He is what he is, a pretty good kick returner and a potentially good receiver that needed development, and that's pretty much what the scouts all said he was coming out of the draft......I don't begrudge Ginn anything, and I sure as heck don't hate him.

(Pretty much all my hate is going toward jason traitor right now, anyways)

NYPhin24
08-13-2010, 03:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYSxJgjjJFc

Ted Ginn Jr. and Snoop Dogg - Drop it Like it's Hot

X-Pacolypse
08-13-2010, 03:44 PM
It's true that you can't teach it, but the military can toughen a soft guy up. It speaks volumes that Parcells didn't think it worth the effort.

Speaking from experience, I can agree with you.... to an extent. The military "can toughen a soft guy up." However, it's incumbent upon the person to want to be tougher and wanting to make an effort to get better. When I was in boot camp, I saw some dudes much bigger than me break down and cry and flat out quit at times. Building up mental toughness often takes on much more work, than building physical toughness.

Looking back on Ginn's three years in Miami I don't recall a single inkling of Ginn going out of his way to go out and "get better." Hell, the guy turned down overtures from Nat Moore and Mark Duper when they offered to help him out for NOTHING. Ginn's not just physically weak, he's mentally weak and his attitude shows that he's accepted that fact. Look at Davone Bess, the guy goes out before everyone else does on the field and is doing work with the JUGS machine catching passes over, and over, and over, and over again. Why? Because the man CARES! Davone takes pride in his work and wants to be the best.

Ginn doesn't care. Never has, never will.

TedSlimmJr
08-13-2010, 03:46 PM
Ted Jr was somewhat a victim himself. It wasn't his fault that Cam and co. drafted him waayyy too high and that is what added to our high expectations. He is what he is, a pretty good kick returner and a potentially good receiver that needed development, and that's pretty much what the scouts all said he was coming out of the draft......I don't begrudge Ginn anything, and I sure as heck don't hate him.

Wrong.. Ginnger wasn't a victim.. Ginnger was GIVEN the opportunity to play professional football for a living... it's nobody's fault but her own that she's a pansy...

Her draft position and high expectations have nothing to do with why the kid was absolutely scared to death of getting tackled... it's just more excuses.. All the fans expected was for the kid to work hard to try to improve, and go out there and lay it on the line in games like the other 52 guys on the roster did every Sunday... Ginnger did neither..

Duper offered his help to tutor Ginnger and she shot him down...

There's an undrafted receiver on Miami's roster with 1/4 of the talent Ginnger had.... the reason he's still here is because he makes the most out of what talent he does have... Bess is out there everyday before practice catching passes... he's putting in the work... that's what you have to do at this level..

It's amazing how the coaching staff seemed to get through to every other receiver but Ginnger...

Ginnger isn't going to get rid of the "inconsistent" label by surfing the internet trying to find out what people are saying about her..... but rather using that time to work at her craft...

It's amazing that these guys were able to recoup anything of value in return for this track star perpetrating as a football player...

napsndreds
08-13-2010, 03:46 PM
yeah that was ginn's favorite words. "just try to get better" but he didnt get better.

Ed Norton
08-13-2010, 03:50 PM
I had forgotten about him.

dolpns13
08-13-2010, 03:54 PM
Depending... the soft guy might just sit there and cry.

Myles Fynch
08-13-2010, 04:06 PM
Depending... the soft guy might just sit there and cry.

PNO6On7cK1M

PhinsPhan11
08-13-2010, 04:12 PM
I'm so glad Ginn is out of Miami.

NYPhin24
08-13-2010, 04:13 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/21202/ted-ginn-jr-seeking-rebirth-with-49ers

"Ginn's deep speed stood out right away during my trip to 49ers training camp. Davis called him "fast, shifty and swift" when asked to size up his new teammate. Ginn consistently got behind cornerbacks and made catches downfield during the first 49ers practice I watched. He also had a few practices marked by a dropped ball here or there, lending credence to the label that bothers Ginn the most: inconsistent. It doesn't take much online sleuthing to find that label attached to the player Miami drafted ninth overall in 2007, before Bill Parcells and Tony Sparano took over the organization and remade the roster."

Spesh
08-13-2010, 04:34 PM

I didn't see Ted giving back any of the money he got from being picked that high.

But i will say this, at least Ginn is owning up(somewhat) to what happened when he was here. He admits he let us down. Unlike a former team member who would rather dance then show up for camp, he isnt taking shots at us. As well, Ginn(and his family) never skipped camp while demanding a trade only to come back a year later and beg his way onto the team, then want to wait until free agency begins for more money and run to the press and a division rival when he doesn't get an offer.

dolpns13
08-13-2010, 04:38 PM
PNO6On7cK1M

thats ma quarterback maaaan, thats ma quarterbaaaaaack

72champagne
08-13-2010, 04:43 PM
ginger did help us beat the jets. but mary ann & the rest of his family didn't do squat.

fins99
08-13-2010, 04:45 PM
Wrong.. Ginnger wasn't a victim.. Ginnger was GIVEN the opportunity to play professional football for a living... it's nobody's fault but her own that she's a pansy...

Her draft position and high expectations have nothing to do with why the kid was absolutely scared to death of getting tackled... it's just more excuses.. All the fans expected was for the kid to work hard to try to improve, and go out there and lay it on the line in games like the other 52 guys on the roster did every Sunday... Ginnger did neither..

Duper offered his help to tutor Ginnger and she shot him down...

There's an undrafted receiver on Miami's roster with 1/4 of the talent Ginnger had.... the reason he's still here is because he makes the most out of what talent he does have... Bess is out there everyday before practice catching passes... he's putting in the work... that's what you have to do at this level..

It's amazing how the coaching staff seemed to get through to every other receiver but Ginnger...

Ginnger isn't going to get rid of the "inconsistent" label by surfing the internet trying to find out what people are saying about her..... but rather using that time to work at her craft...

It's amazing that these guys were able to recoup anything of value in return for this track star perpetrating as a football player...

Your are correct sir in every word! It's OK to acknowledge tough circumstances, but you have to improvise, adapt, and overcome them. That is the only thing people will respect, regardless of circumstances.

fins99
08-13-2010, 04:48 PM
ginger did help us beat the jets. but mary ann & the rest of his family didn't do squat.

You are right he did beat the Jets by himself, I will always thank him for one game and hate him for many more, but that one was special, it was like a dagger to JESTS fans. Our ****tiest player beating them to a pulp.

Instead of a football player, the Fins should have kept him around as some sort of mascot you bring out when you play them. I'll take the 5th rounder instead!

mmikel30
08-13-2010, 04:50 PM
I don't hate ginn...if the guy was not scared to get hit our offense would be dangerous. but then again if he panned out B-Marsh wouldn't be here.

Vaark
08-13-2010, 04:53 PM
I don't H8 him although he really did make his own bed here. Considering his progressively worse performance, it's obvious that what resides in his head is his worst enemy. So while wishing him Bay area success, I'd be pretty surprised if Singletary's no-coddle drill style is gonna bring out the best out in Teddy.

eger
08-13-2010, 04:56 PM
Good luck to Ginn, I don't hate him one bit. Not his fault he was drafted so high.

X-Pacolypse
08-13-2010, 05:00 PM
Good luck to Ginn, I don't hate him one bit. Not his fault he was drafted so high.

True. However, it is his fault for playing scared in a position that requires you to be fearless.

dolpns13
08-13-2010, 05:02 PM

Nope, but its his fault he was outplayed by undrafted guys and was one of the worst receivers in the league. If his play was an indication of draft status, he would have never been drafted-maybe a 6th or 7th rounder

TedSlimmJr
08-13-2010, 05:45 PM

Poor Ginnger... she just couldn't make it because she was drafted too high...

Undrafted players like Davone Bess that have had to WORK their ***** off just to get a CHANCE would be insulted by useless comments like this...

miamiron
08-13-2010, 05:45 PM
In loving memeory
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/08/createdatwwwfototrixcomw-1.jpg

NYinBostonFin
08-13-2010, 05:46 PM
Good.

+1

retarmyfinfan
08-13-2010, 06:14 PM
I don't understand it. Consistency was Ginns strong suit. Everytime he had an opportunity to fall down he did, if the sideline was within 10 yards he headed straight forward.

ChambersWI
08-13-2010, 08:15 PM
As a Michigan fan who harped all the way to the draft how overrated he was, it infuriated me to see us draft him, but I acknowledged being the number 3 behind CC and Booker would be good for him. That didn't happen. Even in his second year he showed some big play ability, and he did have a great camp last year from what I remember. But when something goes wrong for Ginn, he can't get over it. After that awful Saints game, Ginn was moved to KR and single handedly beat the Jets for us, but he still couldn't get his confidence back. That and his refusal to fight for more yardage. I can deal with the drops, but I hated how weak he was mentally.

Brian Hartline is a guy everybody said was stupid for leaving early, and EVERYBODY said Miami was stupid for drafting so early. But Brian has worked his *** off, and is gonna start.

Bess went undrafted because he's small and not very fast, he worked his way to the starting lineup the hard way. Even when he was having some problems last year with fumbles, he did everything he could to solve the problem, and he set a franchise record for most receptions in his first 2 seasons.

Even everybody's new punching bag Patrick Turner is working harder than Ginn ever did to prove his doubters wrong.

Statler Waldorf
08-13-2010, 08:24 PM
Inconsistency was one thing. It's the fact that he played scared well over a majority of the time was the reason why many Dolphins fans turned on him. Then again, a lot fans just turned on him the minute his name was called in the 2007 Draft. I gave this guy an honest chance to show me SOMETHING, and he failed to do so. He's going to wind up in Singletary's doghouse sooner than later, and he'll probably be out of the league in a few years.

Go and watch Jerry Rice's HOF acceptance speech. He says he played scared everytime he touched the ball- so I suppose you probably have a problem with Jerry Rice too huh?

SRM
08-13-2010, 08:35 PM
Go and watch Jerry Rice's HOF acceptance speech. He says he played scared everytime he touched the ball- so I suppose you probably have a problem with Jerry Rice too huh?

Did Jerry Rice consistently go out of bounds and fall to the ground to avoid contact, even when the game was on the line?

Statler Waldorf
08-13-2010, 08:40 PM
True. However, it is his fault for playing scared in a position that requires you to be fearless.

"It [His Career] flies in the face of all those sports psychologists who say you have to let go of your fears to be successfull and that negative thoughts will diminish performance."

- Jerry Rice (8/7/10)

Guess maybe you need to teach Jerry a thing or two about playing receiver in the NFL! Haha.

Statler Waldorf
08-13-2010, 08:43 PM
Did Jerry Rice consistently go out of bounds and fall to the ground to avoid contact, even when the game was on the line?

Those were not the reasons X pac gave, he just said Ginn played scared. I just pointed out that Jerry Rice also played scared so that was not a real valid point to make against Ginn. Though I will say it again, I am sure Bo Jackson wishes he'd stepped out of bounds instead of fighting for extra yardage, he'd probably be in the HOF now.

SRM
08-13-2010, 08:53 PM
Those were not the reasons X pac gave, he just said Ginn played scared. I just pointed out that Jerry Rice also played scared so that was not a real valid point to make against Ginn. Though I will say it again, I am sure Bo Jackson wishes he'd stepped out of bounds instead of fighting for extra yardage, he'd probably be in the HOF now.

So, what are you trying to accomplish? You can take quotes of anyone and compare them to anything. Ginn didn't played scared, he played ball-less. And things like that happen, I'm not sure why you decided to bring that in to this. That's the same as saying Pennington probably wishes he'd taken the snap, and taken a knee in the play he got injured last season, or he would have played the whole season.

Cali Finfan
08-13-2010, 08:59 PM
But does his family know....

X-Pacolypse
08-13-2010, 09:14 PM

Putting Ted Ginn in the same sentence as Jerry Rice is damn insulting to Rice, and you should be ashamed of yourself for doing so. I watched Jerry's entire speech, had you ACTUALLY listened to it you would have derived a different message.

Jerry had a fear of failure. That's what drove him to be great. That's what drove him to train as hard as he did, catch every pass, fight for every hard, block as well as he could, etc. Jerry was so afraid of failure that it LITERALLY drove him to greatness because he was willing to work hard at his craft and become the best WR that ever lived.

Here's the difference with Ginn. Ginn embraces failure. Everything Ted Ginn has done in his NFL career reeks of it. From the man who drafted him and instilled the words of wisdom to his protege of "fail, forward, fast." Ginn has failed, and failed in spades. Ginn drops passes, muffs punts and kickoffs (his "specialty" supposedly), runs bad routes, poor blocker, fails to fight for extra yards, and most of all he has one of the WORST work ethics for a WR. He's lazy, he doesn't take to coaching, he just flat out DOESN'T CARE.

Say what you want, slapnuts but there is a VAST difference between how Jerry Rice played "scared" and how Ginnger plays "scared." Of course, who am I kidding? These words are falling on the deaf ears of a blind man.

X-Pacolypse
08-13-2010, 09:17 PM
"It [His Career] flies in the face of all those sports psychologists who say you have to let go of your fears to be successfull and that negative thoughts will diminish performance."

- Jerry Rice (8/7/10)

Guess maybe you need to teach Jerry a thing or two about playing receiver in the NFL! Haha.

I guess maybe you need to learn the difference between Jerry's "fear of failure" and Ginnger's "failures" period.

X-Pacolypse
08-13-2010, 09:18 PM

I have problems with simple minded nimrods such as yourself who can't distinguish the difference between a "fear of failure" and just general, overall "failure."

X-Pacolypse
08-13-2010, 09:20 PM
So, what are you trying to accomplish? You can take quotes of anyone and compare them to anything. Ginn didn't played scared, he played ball-less. And things like that happen, I'm not sure why you decided to bring that in to this. That's the same as saying Pennington probably wishes he'd taken the snap, and taken a knee in the play he got injured last season, or he would have played the whole season.

His fruitless agenda of trying to defend someone that you cannot logically defend.

Myles Fynch
08-13-2010, 09:21 PM
Ted, are you reading this, too?

Putting Ted Ginn in the same sentence as Jerry Rice is damn insulting to Rice, and you should be ashamed of yourself for doing so. I watched Jerry's entire speech, had you ACTUALLY listened to it you would have derived a different message.

Jerry had a fear of failure. That's what drove him to be great. That's what drove him to train as hard as he did, catch every pass, fight for every hard, block as well as he could, etc. Jerry was so afraid of failure that it LITERALLY drove him to greatness because he was willing to work hard at his craft and become the best WR that ever lived.

Here's the difference with Ginn. Ginn embraces failure. Everything Ted Ginn has done in his NFL career reeks of it. From the man who drafted him and instilled the words of wisdom to his protege of "fail, forward, fast." Ginn has failed, and failed in spades. Ginn drops passes, muffs punts and kickoffs (his "specialty" supposedly), runs bad routes, poor blocker, fails to fight for extra yards, and most of all he has one of the WORST work ethics for a WR. He's lazy, he doesn't take to coaching, he just flat out DOESN'T CARE.

Say what you want, slapnuts but there is a VAST difference between how Jerry Rice played "scared" and how Ginnger plays "scared." Of course, who am I kidding? These words are falling on the deaf ears of a blind man.

Statler Waldorf
08-13-2010, 09:25 PM

Oh good so you watched it! So then you saw Rich interview Rice and heard Rice talk about the way he out ran everyone in the league despite posting a slower 40 time was because he was AFRAID of the defensive backs and safties?
I only used the same two in a sentence because you were trying to say that playing scared is a bad thing, when the greatest receiver who ever played said it was actually what motivated him to be great. It would be like someone saying "This QB sucks because he has a quick release", if someone said that I would be quick to point out that Dan Marino had a quick release and was great. So my point was more to prove that your "playing scared" argument was silly, not that Ginn is the next Rice. I will try to use smaller words next time for you.

X-Pacolypse
08-13-2010, 09:28 PM

Yes, they were. YES. THEY. WERE.

It's not my fault that your blinded by faulty logic and a fruitless agenda.

X-Pacolypse
08-13-2010, 09:30 PM
Oh good so you watched it! So then you saw Rich interview Rice and heard Rice talk about the way he out ran everyone in the league despite posting a slower 40 time was because he was AFRAID of the defensive backs and safties?
I only used the same two in a sentence because you were trying to say that playing scared is a bad thing, when the greatest receiver who ever played said it was actually what motivated him to be great. It would be like someone saying "This QB sucks because he has a quick release", if someone said that I would be quick to point out that Dan Marino had a quick release and was great. So my point was more to prove that your "playing scared" argument was silly, not that Ginn is the next Rice. I will try to use smaller words next time for you.

Nice job in completely failing in proving your point. I told you the differences between the way Rice plays "scared" and how Ginn plays "scared." It's not a silly arguement, it's quite valid, if you actually pay attention to what you're reading.

wa7shfinfan
08-13-2010, 09:31 PM
Hate is a word i have reserved for fatty ryan and the jests... Strong passionate dislike is more like it :). I HATE that i bought an authentic Ginn jersey last year though

Statler Waldorf
08-13-2010, 09:31 PM

My point is that you guys are totally inconsistant in your positions. You bash guys like Ginn for running out of bounds.....ok great....but then you turn around and bash guys like Ronnie for being injured all the time! haha. Let's see, how could Ronnie avoid being beat up so much? Well maybe he could step out of bounds! You can't have your cake and eat it too. Either a player needs to seek out contact and run the risk of being hurt (Ronnie), or he needs to conserve his body and protect his Career (Ginn)- but to bash on both of these players is ridiculous. Bo Jackson ended his career by not stepping out of bounds, and for what?.....three extra yards?

Statler Waldorf
08-13-2010, 09:34 PM
Nice job in completely failing in proving your point. I told you the differences between the way Rice plays "scared" and how Ginn plays "scared." It's not a silly arguement, it's quite valid, if you actually pay attention to what you're reading.

Let me say it again....you said Rice was scared of failure, which is true. He said that in his speech. However he also said in the interview with NFL Network that he was literally scared of the defensive players, which is what drove him to be faster on the field than he was off the field. Which is exactly what Ginn is afraid of, the defensive players. So my point was valid, find something else to bash Ginn for, playing scared just doesn't cut it.

X-Pacolypse
08-13-2010, 09:35 PM
My point is that you guys are totally inconsistant in your positions. You bash guys like Ginn for running out of bounds.....ok great....but then you turn around and bash guys like Ronnie for being injured all the time! haha. Let's see, how could Ronnie avoid being beat up so much? Well maybe he could step out of bounds! You can't have your cake and eat it too. Either a player needs to seek out contact and run the risk of being hurt (Ronnie), or he needs to conserve his body and protect his Career (Ginn)- but to bash on both of these players is ridiculous. Bo Jackson ended his career by not stepping out of bounds, and for what?.....three extra yards?

Bo Jackson played the game the way it was meant to be played. Physical, tough, and unafraid. Football is not a game for the weak. Players like Ginn get weeded out of the NFL really quick with that kind of mentality. I'm not a fan of Ronnie's inability to stay healthy, but goddamn he plays like a football player. He lays it on the line every Sunday and doesn't shy away from physicality. He fights for yards, a willing blocker, accepts any role put in front of him, and he has a GREAT work ethic.

X-Pacolypse
08-13-2010, 09:39 PM
Let me say it again....you said Rice was scared of failure, which is true. He said that in his speech. However he also said in the interview with NFL Network that he was literally scared of the defensive players, which is what drove him to be faster on the field than he was off the field. Which is exactly what Ginn is afraid of, the defensive players. So my point was valid, find something else to bash Ginn for, playing scared just doesn't cut it.

Let me say IT again. Jerry's fear MOTIVATED him to be faster than he was on the field, that I agree with. HOWEVER, when have you ever seen that same motivation and dedication from Ginn? If you've seen it, then tell me and the rest of this forum because were dying to know. Ginn is afraid of defensive players because he's too scared to take even the slightest hit. While Rice may have been "scared" he wasn't afraid to mix it up with a DB if need be.

Statler Waldorf
08-13-2010, 09:45 PM
Let me say IT again. Jerry's fear MOTIVATED him to be faster than he was on the field, that I agree with. HOWEVER, when have you ever seen that same motivation and dedication from Ginn? If you've seen it, then tell me and the rest of this forum because were dying to know. Ginn is afraid of defensive players because he's too scared to take even the slightest hit. While Rice may have been "scared" he wasn't afraid to mix it up with a DB if need be.

Ginn said after the second Jets game that during his second return for a touchdown he felt like a mouse trying to escape a mouse-trap....kind of sounds like fear motivation to me. You could say that maybe fear motivated Ginn to set an NFl Record that day. Like I said, you can harp on Ginn for the drops, and the inconsistant play...but playing scared isn't a bad thing in an offensive player, especially a receiver.

FinFan 13
08-13-2010, 09:48 PM

You should probably know what references you choose. Bo ended his career by trying to extricate his leg from an ankle tackle, and ripping his hip out of the socket in the process. Bo was in the middle of the field, nowhere near the sideline, so your reference is silly.

Ginn is a *****, playing scared is a perfect example of why he was, and is, a complete bust.

X-Pacolypse
08-13-2010, 09:52 PM
Ginn said after the second Jets game that during his second return for a touchdown he felt like a mouse trying to escape a mouse-trap....kind of sounds like fear motivation to me. You could say that maybe fear motivated Ginn to set an NFl Record that day. Like I said, you can harp on Ginn for the drops, and the inconsistant play...but playing scared isn't a bad thing in an offensive player, especially a receiver.

Too bad his "fear" couldn't motivate him to do more than his whopping four career highlight plays in Miami. Jerry's "fear" led him to make plays in 20 years worth of preseason, regular season, and playoff games. When Ginn's "fear" actually becomes a daily motivational tool for him, then maybe I'll be impressed. Otherwise, it just shows me that Ginn only cares about being good when he feels like it.

Statler Waldorf
08-13-2010, 10:06 PM
You should probably know what references you choose. Bo ended his career by trying to extricate his leg from an ankle tackle, and ripping his hip out of the socket in the process. Bo was in the middle of the field, nowhere near the sideline, so your reference is silly.

Ginn is a *****, playing scared is a perfect example of why he was, and is, a complete bust.

Haha oh really? You should watch this video and at the 2:15 mark tell me whehter he is by the sideline or not? He even says at the 3:30 mark, "It's hard not to wonder, if I had only stepped out of bounds there and not tried to gain that extra yard what would have happened?". Can you admit when you are wrong?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjO_QfFYV78

Statler Waldorf
08-13-2010, 10:08 PM
Too bad his "fear" couldn't motivate him to do more than his whopping four career highlight plays in Miami. Jerry's "fear" led him to make plays in 20 years worth of preseason, regular season, and playoff games. When Ginn's "fear" actually becomes a daily motivational tool for him, then maybe I'll be impressed. Otherwise, it just shows me that Ginn only cares about being good when he feels like it.

Well you see there you go! If you had originally said "Ginn doesn't let his fear motivate him to make big plays often enough" I would have totally agreed- but you just said "Ginn plays scared" and that just didn't cut it.

FinFan 13
08-13-2010, 10:19 PM
Haha oh really? You should watch this video and at the 2:15 mark tell me whehter he is by the sideline or not? He even says at the 3:30 mark, "It's hard not to wonder, if I had only stepped out of bounds there and not tried to gain that extra yard what would have happened?". Can you admit when you are wrong?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjO_QfFYV78

Yeah I can admit I was wrong, no problem. I thought he got hurt against Seattle, but that wasn't his career ender.

Here how's this...I WAS WRONG.....

utahphinsfan
08-13-2010, 10:28 PM
Chubbs

I wasn't sold on him from day one. Timid Teddy ended up being every thing I thought of him; overrated, overhyped, & underachieving.

The nicest thing I can say is at least Cam did not draft Brady Quinn and his family.

milldog
08-13-2010, 10:48 PM
Seriously, how can you hate him? Yeah he was a poor pick but he was picked by a poor coach. All I know is to hate someone requires knowing someone personally. You may not like him but hate sucks!

Clipse
08-13-2010, 10:53 PM
Ted Ginn's #1 fan is back. Ginn plays scared, plain and simple. He shys away from contact every chance he gets, when he can get more yards doing the opposite. And that's only the beginning of it. He's dumb as a box of rocks. Has poor work ethic. Runs sloppy routes. Can't catch passes, nor punts. Easily bumped at the LOS. Has top end speed, with quickness that doesn't match. Is a below average KR.

To summarize, Ginn sucks.

milldog
08-13-2010, 10:56 PM
Yes he does!

Feed Rex Ryan
08-13-2010, 11:02 PM
Does anyone know where he lives? I really wanna put a flaming bag of dog sh*t on his front porch.

Spesh
08-13-2010, 11:17 PM

You seem to believe that because they share the same emotion it doesnt matter what the reason was because of it. The only thing that matters is the fact they shared the same feeling.

Which is completely and utterly wrong. The point X-Pacolypse is trying to make(and i believe i can understand his point of view because he stated it in plain english) is that the reason behind that "feeling of fear" was completely different for the two players. Jerry Rice was terrified of letting his teamates down. He was terrified of dropping a pass that could win a game because he would be letting his comrades in arms down. He felt anxiety because he never wanted to be the reason or the source of his team falling from grace. He let that anxiety and fear fuel his desire to be great. Fuel his level of play while on the football field(and yes, that includes running away from defensive backs).
Ted Ginn on the other hand was afraid of physical discomfort. He never wanted to experience getting injured. He never wanted to experience the process of rehabilitation. He never wanted to put himself on the line even if it was to the benefit of his teamates.

I can completely understand Ginn's "fear". Personally, i dont wake up in the morning and say to myself i want to be physically injured(well, at least to many mornings). But then again, i dont play professional football. I dont have people around me that depend on me taking that big hit but in the process catching the game winning touchdown. To be great in this league(and in many other things) you have to willing abandon your sense of safe being in order to achieve a level of greatness. Jerry Rice successfully did that, Ted Ginn never will.

Edit: As well, Jerry Rice was willing to face his fears, which is why he ran for touchdowns and Ted Ginn runs out of bounds when hes not dropping the football. Ill stop editting and ranting, but to compare the two is a complete joke.

Bumpus
08-14-2010, 01:35 AM

Much better than a simple "Ginn Sucks!"

... a lot longer though. :lol:

GINN http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/08/sick5E_5Earial5E_5E95E_5E35E_5ESUCKS215E-1.gif (http://www.thesmilies.com) ( we'll call it the :xpac: )

JCane
08-14-2010, 01:39 AM
So instead of watching film and doing things to make himself better, Ted Ginn is surfing the Internet wondering what I have to say about his scrub *** lol. Does the Ginn family know that we hate them as well?

Bumpus
08-14-2010, 01:58 AM
Depths.

PhinsPhan11
08-14-2010, 09:39 AM
Ted Ginn sucks. He is a below average receiver who always why's away from contact. I am so glad he's gone.

X-Pacolypse
08-14-2010, 10:33 AM
Much better than a simple "Ginn Sucks!"

... a lot longer though. :lol:

GINN http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/08/sick5E_5Earial5E_5E95E_5E35E_5ESUCKS215E-1.gif (http://www.thesmilies.com) ( we'll call it the :xpac: )

YES!!! My own smiley!

JCane
08-14-2010, 10:42 AM
I'll say this....and you dudes can argue with me until we're all blue in the face, but we should have kept Ginn. The addition of Brandon Marshall could have made Ted Ginn very difficult to contain when the primary focus is on Marshall. I'm not saying Ted Ginn would have achieved, but I really wanted to extend that project one more season. He's not a guy you send over the middle, but he would have been a nice slot receiver...or a guy you line up beside Brandon Marshall to run cross routes. The combination of Ginn and Marshall on crossing routes with Ginn's speed and Marshall freakish athletic ability would cause major problems for defenses. Ted Ginn could have single-handedly forced Rex Ryan to tone down his blitz percentage against the Dolphins and drop a linebacker into coverage more often. And with Darrelle Revis possibly out of the picture...

X-Pacolypse
08-14-2010, 12:40 PM
I'll say this....and you dudes can argue with me until we're all blue in the face, but we should have kept Ginn. The addition of Brandon Marshall could have made Ted Ginn very difficult to contain when the primary focus is on Marshall. I'm not saying Ted Ginn would have achieved, but I really wanted to extend that project one more season. He's not a guy you send over the middle, but he would have been a nice slot receiver...or a guy you line up beside Brandon Marshall to run cross routes. The combination of Ginn and Marshall on crossing routes with Ginn's speed and Marshall freakish athletic ability would cause major problems for defenses. Ted Ginn could have single-handedly forced Rex Ryan to tone down his blitz percentage against the Dolphins and drop a linebacker into coverage more often. And with Darrelle Revis possibly out of the picture...

I get what you're saying, and I don't disagree with you that the Dolphins still need a "speed WR." However, that guy wasn't going to be Ginn. Ginn not only lost confidence in himself, but the entire team had no confidence in him as well. There was no way Ginn could come back to the Dolphins this year after the year that he had. Dude single handedly cost the team wins against the two teams that went to Super Bowl!

There's an old saying: "A zebra doesn't change his stripes." The arrival of Marshall changed A LOT of things for the Dolphins. Here's what it wouldn't have changed:

1. It wouldn't have changed the fact that Ginn is afraid of contact. Which is something Marshall embraces.

2. It wouldn't have changed the fact that Ginn is still a poor route runner.

3. Marshall's arrival wouldn't have any factor in Ginn having better hands.

4. Marshall's arrival wouldn't have changed the fact that he's nothing more than a mediocre returner

5. Marshall's arrival wasn't going to improve Ginn's work ethic. Ginn couldn't get his @ss in gear when Bill Parcells walked through the door.

Ted Ginn Jr. as a Miami Dolphin simply wasn't meant to be. In fact, I would say it was obvious from Day 1. Both sides are better from this split.

TedSlimmJr
08-14-2010, 04:00 PM
1. You cant fix stupid

2. Ginnger sucks