PDA

View Full Version : im done with ea

sinPHIN
08-15-2010, 03:51 AM
they ruined fight night now madden. and try to get credit for games like mass effect. then they started the whole pay for online, and charge for every little dlc for every game. they are a bunch of money hungry bungholes. i dont get how the company makes so much money from thier games and dlc's but cant produce a good game. the only is ncaa

Ricky_Fan34
08-15-2010, 03:56 AM
ncaa is pretty good.

sinPHIN
08-15-2010, 04:00 AM
ncaa is pretty good.

your right i fixed it:up: but everything else sucks

Ricky_Fan34
08-15-2010, 04:03 AM
if they would just listen to the players they would do much better. Players clearly see the game differently than they do and can find issues that they can't.

sinPHIN
08-15-2010, 06:16 AM
they dont care bc madden is the only nfl game and they know they will sale no matter what. cant wait till they dont have full rights anymore. do you know when there deal is up?

WeVie
08-15-2010, 08:47 AM
What's so bad about Madden this year? I grabbed the demo and it seems OK. What do you not like about it. This is the first year in like ten years I have not bought it yet

I bet I can make you hate EA even more. I read an article the other day that said EA was going to start having you enter a one time code to get online. No big deal right? Not till you buy the game used and then you have to pay ten bucks for a new code. BS if I ever heard it!

sinPHIN
08-15-2010, 04:35 PM
What's so bad about Madden this year? I grabbed the demo and it seems OK. What do you not like about it. This is the first year in like ten years I have not bought it yet

I bet I can make you hate EA even more. I read an article the other day that said EA was going to start having you enter a one time code to get online. No big deal right? Not till you buy the game used and then you have to pay ten bucks for a new code. BS if I ever heard it!
yea it is bs. they started that last year, and alot of other developers are following. madden just doesnt flow right and they didnt add anything new to it. if you are going to buy a football game get ncaa its alot of fun, but if you need your nfl fix madden takes time to get use to. ea makes me sick. its like a monopoly

Dolfan3773
08-15-2010, 09:55 PM
NCAA 11 is awesome but I don't have a problem with Madden...The flow of the game is different and to me it's more realistic

sinPHIN
08-15-2010, 10:04 PM
NCAA 11 is awesome but I don't have a problem with Madden...The flow of the game is different and to me it's more realistic
i dont think its more realistic. i actually think the blocking and stuff is better on ncaa

WeVie
08-16-2010, 12:30 AM
yea it is bs. they started that last year, and alot of other developers are following. madden just doesnt flow right and they didnt add anything new to it. if you are going to buy a football game get ncaa its alot of fun, but if you need your nfl fix madden takes time to get use to. ea makes me sick. its like a monopoly

They added the new gameflow to it this year. From playing the demo, that seems pretty cool.

It does suck that EA has the NFL lock down. It should be against the law.

Ricky_Fan34
08-16-2010, 12:35 AM
Madden isn't fantastic, but it's still a good game.

SRM
08-16-2010, 11:41 PM
First year I haven't bought Madden on the 1st day..

Just not excited for it this year. I'm going to get it eventually no doubt, but what's new besides a new play calling system and some cut scenes?

chrisbaucom
08-16-2010, 11:49 PM
Nothing else new. Seems to have more holes in it this year. Wide receivers and dbs drop a lot of balls right in their hands. Blocking looks weird. And no turbo button. Still a fun game to play.

SRM
08-16-2010, 11:52 PM
Nothing else new. Seems to have more holes in it this year. Wide receivers and dbs drop a lot of balls right in their hands. Blocking looks weird. And no turbo button. Still a fun game to play.

Ah.. typical. Still gotta get it though. 10 is getting too boring. Is the run game at least better? I got so pissed playing Madden 10 because the computer's D-line would constantly split the O-Line and tackle me for 3 yd losses.

BARF
08-17-2010, 12:47 AM
turbo button i could deal without it, but the blocking and the dropped balls boy the better fix that

Ricky_Fan34
08-17-2010, 12:59 AM
I was disapinted to no end that they didn't put the infield dirt in the game. I always get guys injured on the ****ing grass.

Miafan
08-17-2010, 08:59 AM
I bought Madden 11, but mainly because my previous version was Madden 03, lol. The blocking definitely seems a bit glitchy, but I like the gameflow thing. Definitely makes the games go a lot faster.

Crzynick25
08-17-2010, 09:34 AM
turbo button i could deal without it, but the blocking and the dropped balls boy the better fix that

you know you can turn auto sprint off in Madden and NCAA right? this gives you your turbo button back. I personally like it better the way it is now because i got into the bad habit of pressing turbo as soon and i handed off the ball and at all the wrong times and then it just became muscle memory. Now with no turbo button it doesn't screw up my running play even if i accidental press the button and it turbos automatically for you at the right time. but again if you liked the turbo button just shut off auto sprint and you get the turbo button back.

madmic21
08-19-2010, 04:32 PM
I have owned madden for as many years as I can remember. And if you are someone who plays online madden 11 is awful. I keep turning it on and playing hoping that its just something that I can get used to, but it is definately not. I have played 500+ online games in each of the last 2 years. And I am seriously considering dumping it for NCAA. Which is something amazing for me because of my love of the NFL. I played last night and I broke a Ronnie Brown TD for 75+ yds... I must of dodged and broke 10+ tackles. That is ridiculous, you may think that would be fun until you get it back at you when you are on D. The passing gm is ridiculously easy, and difficult to stop. Add the lag on kicks and you better not have anything outside of 25 yds to win the gm late or you are playing with fire. It just isnt good football. It seems that they dumbed it down for the newbie and left us real players that have spent a lot if time perfecting our craft out in the cold. I hope that they address some issues in their patches, but I can imagine most of their gaffs are completely unrepairable. Oh and add this one to completely retarded... They want to charge for online roster updates. The same updates that are completely so unresearched that Henne is a 79 while Sanchez is an 82. Go look at the rest of the QBs that he is comparible with or better than... It will blow you away. Plus how do you say Bradford should be rated higher than Henne without playing 1 snap. They want me to pay for this, Really?

SRM
08-20-2010, 02:29 AM
I have owned madden for as many years as I can remember. And if you are someone who plays online madden 11 is awful. I keep turning it on and playing hoping that its just something that I can get used to, but it is definately not. I have played 500+ online games in each of the last 2 years. And I am seriously considering dumping it for NCAA. Which is something amazing for me because of my love of the NFL. I played last night and I broke a Ronnie Brown TD for 75+ yds... I must of dodged and broke 10+ tackles. That is ridiculous, you may think that would be fun until you get it back at you when you are on D. The passing gm is ridiculously easy, and difficult to stop. Add the lag on kicks and you better not have anything outside of 25 yds to win the gm late or you are playing with fire. It just isnt good football. It seems that they dumbed it down for the newbie and left us real players that have spent a lot if time perfecting our craft out in the cold. I hope that they address some issues in their patches, but I can imagine most of their gaffs are completely unrepairable. Oh and add this one to completely retarded... They want to charge for online roster updates. The same updates that are completely so unresearched that Henne is a 79 while Sanchez is an 82. Go look at the rest of the QBs that he is comparible with or better than... It will blow you away. Plus how do you say Bradford should be rated higher than Henne without playing 1 snap. They want me to pay for this, Really?

Seriously? That is absolutely ridiculous. No point in getting the game for me if that goes through.. that's the only reason I play the damn game

Cloudy
08-20-2010, 04:57 AM
Charging for online roster updates? Just when I thought they stooped low they go and shock me with this. Madden 11 is the first Madden that I haven't bought on the first day and I still haven't bought it. The thing that really did it for me is the fact that they didn't touch Franchise or Superstar mode. Those modes have been the same for how long now?

PhinzN703
08-20-2010, 10:29 AM
First year I haven't bought Madden on the 1st day..

Just not excited for it this year. I'm going to get it eventually no doubt, but what's new besides a new play calling system and some cut scenes?

I feel the same. In fact I haven't gone out and gotten Madden on the first day in several years. I didn't like the last few versions of it. If I recall, the last Madden game I like was 2007? Might've been the one with Ray Lewis on the Cover. Could've been 2005 too, don't feel like looking it up.

SRM
08-20-2010, 12:06 PM
Charging for online roster updates? Just when I thought they stooped low they go and shock me with this. Madden 11 is the first Madden that I haven't bought on the first day and I still haven't bought it. The thing that really did it for me is the fact that they didn't touch Franchise or Superstar mode. Those modes have been the same for how long now?

What's even more retarded is for some reason they dumbed it down 10x more in Madden 10.. In 09 you at least had that ego system, emails, interviews, all that, and in Madden 10 all you did was just play and get stats.. no depth to it at all.

I feel the same. In fact I haven't gone out and gotten Madden on the first day in several years. I didn't like the last few versions of it. If I recall, the last Madden game I like was 2007? Might've been the one with Ray Lewis on the Cover. Could've been 2005 too, don't feel like looking it up.

Same here. I like Madden 10, but the older Maddens were the best, and so much fun. 05 was the one with Ray Lewis on it. That I believe was the year hit sticking started :hclap:

sinPHIN
08-21-2010, 03:05 AM
this is why im done with them. they have to milk us for every damn penny. charging for roster updates has pushed it over the top. i just everyone would stop buying thier games so they will start making a better product. 2k5 out did them they got scared then bought the rights to the nfl its just garbage.

Cloudy
08-21-2010, 03:35 AM
Honestly the most fun i've had with Madden is Madden 2002. Where you had the newspaper to go along with your franchise and each game you earned points to buy a pack of trading cards. Man I miss those days.

FinsNCanes
08-22-2010, 02:02 PM

WR do drop the ball sometimes. I guess you hadn't caught BM in the last 2 preseason games? ;)..It happens. It's Football, so I'm not sure what everyone wants them to incoporate. This is the first time I've bought Madden in prob like 5 years so I'm not a homer by any means. I just..I just don't understand how much more you can "improve" upon it outside of minimizing lag/bugs. It's not like they can put in an RPG/class leveling system. However, they do need motion animation and the Gameflow is..bleh.

Chuck-182
08-22-2010, 04:29 PM
haha I think I'm the only one who actually likes Madden 11

sinPHIN
08-27-2010, 01:34 AM
haha I think I'm the only one who actually likes Madden 11i think so lol

JERSEYFINFAN23
09-07-2010, 09:21 PM
i just had to do a Update and now the freakin game is stuck on Loading ????????????

sinPHIN
09-08-2010, 06:51 AM
i just had to do a Update and now the freakin game is stuck on Loading ????????????

delete the update from your hard drive and dl it again and see if it works

BARF
09-08-2010, 09:29 AM
who charges for online roster updates i have played them for both systems, and nobody charges for them, i think all together the best madden have to have been the one with ray lewis on the cover, as far as being done with ea, wait til medal of honor comes out

timwendt58
09-14-2010, 02:20 PM
I'm really looking forward to FIFA 11. It's supposed to be the best one yet.

Jamaicankid21
09-20-2010, 09:50 AM
EA isn't that bad, but they have dropped the ball with Madden and NBA Elite.. NCAA is worlds better than Madden. I like the flow of madden, they added some nice touches, but they still need to fix that when you cut, YOU DONT KEEP YOUR SPEED.. lol I could honestly pick Chris Johnson and pick teams apart all games with stretch and counters.

1. Playing on All Madden is absolutely ridiculous, playing on Heisman on NCAA, you can still play defense. All Madden and good luck on stopping the run with a first or second tackler. I remember one time I was playing the Dolphins, it was when I was first playing. I called hike, and my whole dline got pancaked. WHOLE Dline. same time straight off the hike.
2. Homefield advantage means something in NCAA, I notice you play on Homefield in NCAA, the crowd starts shaking like crazy, and your lines go beserk when you try to do hot routes. Even sometimes your buttons disappear.. Why hasn't Madden done this?

Madden has good graphics, they improved a little from last year, but to be honest they need to fix their defense. I am tired of having 80 to 50 games. ANd I am tired of having my CBs get burnt on every play, just players run by them like its nothing. Hike, and the WR is already open streaking down the sidelines.

O, and I love how NCAA has the gameplan button too, where you can make in game adjustments to your team. If you want to CPUs to go for big hits more, play zones deeper, stay on the qb more, or play the HB off options. Just the little things make NCAA much better than Madden.

Madden does have way better announcers though. Until the Jets scores on you, then I want to punch Gus Johnson in the head for going crazy with taht bs J-E-T-S crap.

SirDrums
09-23-2010, 05:26 PM
I dont really want to stick up for EA here but I have to say that unlike most games, Madden is released every year. Most Games have 2-4 years of development between releases. Only having a year before the next version comes out is alot to tackle.