PDA

View Full Version : I'll rate your fantasy team here:

Amish Pirate
08-19-2010, 01:18 PM
Ok it's that time of year, post your drafted teams here and I'll give you my analysis. Not claiming to be a fantasy professional but I've been playing for 15+ years so I've got some experience. Last year I was in 6 leagues (5 I'd called competitive), made the playoffs in 5 and won 3 of them. I'm a big fan of Value Based Drafting but not letting it get in the way of taking a better player. While a big Dolphin fan watch from a far here in PA when it comes to fantasy football I'm no homer and won't overrate fin players or draft them earlier then they should be.

Here's what I need to rate your team:

1. List your team
2. List your leagues requirement for starting positions (ie. QB/2RB/3WR/TE/K/Def)
3. Number of teams in your league
4. Point per reception ?
5. Redraft or Keeper league (if a keeper who did you keep)
6. What position did you draft in ?
7. Any other important nuances like points for return yardage or anything out of the normal yardage and TD scoring that your league uses.

What I'll reply with:

1. Grade (A-You are a championship contender B-You are a solid Playoff team C-You have a chance to sneak in the playoffs but you need a little luck or some good free agent moves D-It could be a long season unless you get a few waiver wire gems F-Hopefully the fins do well because you've got nothing to look forward to with this team)
2. A few suggestions were you might be able to improve.
3. What your good draft moves were.
4. Where you went wrong or could have done better.

The bigger the league usually the easier it is to tell how well your draft was, 8 or 10 team leagues everyone should have decent talent, 12 teams with 18 or 20 man rosters and it starts to get a little clearer, 14 and 16 teams leagues can be a beast.

And in full disclosure I will post my drafted teams as well.

Clipse
08-19-2010, 03:14 PM
Just had a very difficult draft, and wouldn't mind some feedback on it. It was a 20 person league, which is pretty big by my standards. The way the roster sets up also made it incredibly difficult being you have to start 3 WR's, two RB's, Two TE's, a WR/RB, and a WR/TE. The last few rounds we were forced to draft guys who won't see any playing time. But anyways, here's my team.

QB - Matt Ryan, Matt Hasselbeck
RB- Stephen Jackson, Jerome Harrison, Tim Hightower, Michael Robinson, Earnest Graham
WR, Brandon Marshall, Devin Aromashodu, Donnie Avery, Mike Thomas, Buster Davis, Maurice Stovall, Emmanuel Sanders
TE- Antonio Gates, Anthony Fasano, Travis Beckum, Ben Patrick
K- Adam Vinatieri, Matt Bryant
Def- Bengals, Raiders

Considering the circumstances, I think I did a pretty good job. Hardest draft I've ever participated in.

Clipse
08-19-2010, 08:44 PM
Here's another one of mine for you to rate. 10 man draft league. 2 WR's, 2 RB's, and a WR/RB. One of everything else.

QB- Tony Romo, Matt Ryan
RB- Steven Jackson, Rashard Mendenhall, Matt Forte, Tim Hightower
WR- Larry Fitzgerald, Hines Ward, Mohammed Massaquoi, Kenny Britt, Braylon Edwards
TE- Dallas Clark, Zach Miller
DEF/ST- Bengals, Giants
K- Garrett Hartley

Adam First
08-19-2010, 08:53 PM
My Team (starters in bold)

QB - Tom Brady/Carson Palmer
RB - Maurice Jones-Drew/Beanie Wells/Cadillac Williams/Kevin Smith/Toby Gerhart
WR - Reggie Wayne/Marques Colston/Hakeem Nicks [RB/WR]/TJ Houshmanzadeh/Terrell Owens
TE - Jermichael Finley/Chris Cooley
D/ST - Packers
K - Dan Carpenter

Ten-man redraft league, 1 point per ten yards receiving. I picked third. Standard requirements for starters (two WRs and RBs, one RB/WR, one everything else)

Clipse
08-19-2010, 10:03 PM
Just finished up another draft. Another 10 man league. 2 WR's, 2 RB's, and a WR/RB. One of everything else.

QB- Peyton Manning, Carson Palmer
RB- Adrian Peterson, Felix Jones, Ahmad Bradshaw, Clinton Portis
WR- Roddy White, Steve Smith (Giants), Dwayne Bowe, Devin Aromashodu
TE- Dallas Clark, Greg Olsen
D/ST- Steelers, Bengals
K- Garett Hartley

Clipse
08-19-2010, 10:10 PM

WR - Reggie Wayne/Marques Colston/Hakeem Nicks [RB/WR]/TJ Houshmanzadeh/Terrell Owens
D/ST - Packers
K - Dan Carpenter

Ten-man redraft league, 1 point per ten yards receiving. I picked third. Standard requirements for starters (two WRs and RBs, one RB/WR, one everything else)

Pretty good. Tom Brady will always put up big fantasy numbers, and I expect a good season from Palmer with all the weapons around him. MJD is obviously money. I'm not as high on Beanie Wells as others are. He may get a few more carries than Hightower, but Hightower will get the carries when they matter, the goalline and on 3rd downs. Not high on any of the other RB's either to be honest. Love the WR corp. Jermichael Finley will have a huge season. Not a huge fan of Chris Cooley with the emergence of Fred Davis, but is good as a backup. Packers D/ST is great, and Carp is obviously money as well. I'd give your draft a solid B+ because I'm not too high on the RB's.

dolfan_101
08-19-2010, 10:21 PM
QB: Joe Flacco/ Big Ben.. A weekly battle that will probably result in many curse words over who i should have started
RB: Ryan Grant/ Pierre Thomas/ Jerome Harrison/ Darren Sproles/ Darren McFadden
WR: Randy Moss/ Vincent Jackson/ Steve Smith (CAR))/ Jerricho Chotchery/ Steve Breaston/ Chaz Schillens
TE: Antonio Gates
DEF/ ST: Saints
K: Rob Bironas

10 teams - 10th pick snake draft
Standard Lineup - (1 qb, 2/3 rb &/or wr... 9 starters and 7 on the bench)
Passing: 25yds - 1pts; TD - 4pts; 2PC - 2pts; INT - -2pts
Rushing: 1pt / 10yds; 6pts / TD; 2pts / 2pc
Receiving: 1pt / 10yds; 6pts / TD; 2pts / 2pc

Amish Pirate
08-20-2010, 08:23 AM
Just had a very difficult draft, and wouldn't mind some feedback on it. It was a 20 person league, which is pretty big by my standards. The way the roster sets up also made it incredibly difficult being you have to start 3 WR's, two RB's, Two TE's, a WR/RB, and a WR/TE. The last few rounds we were forced to draft guys who won't see any playing time. But anyways, here's my team.

QB - Matt Ryan, Matt Hasselbeck
RB- Stephen Jackson, Jerome Harrison, Tim Hightower, Michael Robinson, Earnest Graham
WR, Brandon Marshall, Devin Aromashodu, Donnie Avery, Mike Thomas, Buster Davis, Maurice Stovall, Emmanuel Sanders
TE- Antonio Gates, Anthony Fasano, Travis Beckum, Ben Patrick
K- Adam Vinatieri, Matt Bryant
Def- Bengals, Raiders

Considering the circumstances, I think I did a pretty good job. Hardest draft I've ever participated in.

20 teamer, that one will separate the men from the boys for sure. I've done 16 team leagues and those were a beast.

I like the start of your draft, I assume SJax, Marshall and Gates in the first 3 rounds. In a start 2 TE league with that many teams Gates is a second round value for sure so you got a good deal.

QB - Like Matt Ryan as a starter with some good upside, if you can't get one of the top 6 guys Ryan is as good as the others and usually available a round or two later, Hasselback in a league this big is a nice backup, if he stays upright I expect a decent year out of him and you'll have teams in this league with backup QB's as their bye week fillers.

RB - Sjax is getting over looked in a lot of drafts because he hasn't had the monster season people have hoped for, however he's finished the past 5 years top 14 in RB's every year fantasy wise even when he's missed a few games here and there. If Bradford can provide some spark in the passing game he'll be a top 10 back for sure. I'm not huge on Harrison, mainly because I think Cleveland will be that bad again and Hardesty will get more time as the year goes on. Great pick with Hightower here, he's still #1 on the Cards depth chart and while Wells will egt his share of carries Hightower is a better receiver and will be a solid RB3 in a league this big. Interested were Tashard Choice went, I would target him in a league like this because even as a 3rd back he gets some touches.

WR - Probably your weakest spot on this team but every year someone like miles Austin come out of nowhere so you never know. You got a solid top 10 guy in Marshall to anchor your group, I think he'll have about 90 catches but 10+ TD's this year. Aromashodu is a guy people seem to have high hopes for but I see Knox as the breakout gut in Chicago and Aromashodu more as the 3rd or even 4th WR, of course in a Martz offense that could still produce some numbers (ie Hakim with the Rams). Avery could be a nice sleeper, again depends a lot on Bradford. Mike Thomas is a solid pick, he showed some ability last year and is concentrating on WR this year with no kick return duties. Buster Davis has all the tools and if Vincent Jackson holds out until week 10, however the guy has disappointed in the past, I thin Naanee is the better sleeper pick in San Diego. Stovall and Sanders you are trying to catch some lighting in the bottle, all you can do at that point.

TE - Excellent job here, Gates is a top 3 TE and Fasano in a league this size is probably in the top 5 of the second group of 20 TE's. I like taking a rookie like Beckum in a league like this and hoping he steps it up and Patrick is another guy that will get some looks. Starting 2 TE's makes this tough, Martellus Bennett and the two rookie Patriot TE's are guys I would target but likely were gone before you needed to look at adding a 3rd TE.

K and D - Yup you got two, honestly unless you have some weird scoring that deducts for misses or is really aggressive on the defensive scoring they can fluctuate so much year to year you never know.

Overall I'll grade you as B, looks like a solid playoff team, I assume in a league that big at least 6 if not 8 teams make the playoffs. Keep us updates I'm interested to see how this goes.

Amish Pirate
08-20-2010, 09:02 AM
Here's another one of mine for you to rate. 10 man draft league. 2 WR's, 2 RB's, and a WR/RB. One of everything else.

QB- Tony Romo, Matt Ryan
RB- Steven Jackson, Rashard Mendenhall, Matt Forte, Tim Hightower
WR- Larry Fitzgerald, Hines Ward, Mohammed Massaquoi, Kenny Britt, Braylon Edwards
TE- Dallas Clark, Zach Miller
DEF/ST- Bengals, Giants
K- Garrett Hartley

One extreme to the other here R&R, 20 team beast to a 10 team league. 10 team leagues are by far the hardest to rate because all the teams will have a core of good players unless someone is a completely screws up so it comes down to reserves and sleepers.

QB - Romo has the making of a top 5 guy this year, maybe even top 3 if things go right. Ryan in this case is a solid backup, almost fringe starter. Nicely done.

RB - Sjax, discussed pretty much all I can with your other team, obviously we share the same opinion of him. Mendenhall is going to be a hit or bust this year I think. If he is able to get off to a good start the 4 games without Big Ben and they don't loose confidence in him he could be a top 10 back. However if they stack the box and shut hime down and the Steelers are 1-3 or 2-2 but inept on offense they could become an aerial attack after Ben is back and he'll become a second option. Forte will be interesting, he was a first rounder last year now averaging the 22nd RB off the board. The next two preseason games and how he fits in the new offense vs Chester Taylor who is a great pass catcher will determine where I would take him. Going in the same area on average I like Addai a little better and Maroney maybe a round or two later. Hightower again we have discussed on your last team, decent RB4 here and will do better then people expect.

WR - Fitz is a solid top 6 WR, don't get me wrong. That said I likely won't draft him unless he falls to me later then he usually goes. The QB change, losing Boldin and I think the Cards looking to run more will hurt his numbers some, what really concerns me right now is the hamstring as they can tend to linger. Ward just seems to keep on trucking, as long as this isn't the year he falls off the cliff pencil him in for 900 to 1000 yards and 7 TD's, the guy is steady as they get. Massaquoi, Britt and Edwards I like the moves here to get some guys that could break out. Massaquoi might be the only guy I target on the Browns, he showed some flashes last year, if Delhomme can get back to being an average QB he'll be good value. Britt showed signs of emerging and seems to be Youngs favorite target, they don't throw a lot but he should be a decent fill in guy with a higher ceiling. Edwards has a chance the first 4 weeks while Holmes is suspended to make an impression, if his hands of stone stay hidden he could be a viable bye week guy.

TE - Clark and Zach Miller (assuming the one on the Raiders), again you hit it out of the park at TE, Clark is killer in the red zone and we all know the Colts will throw and spread it around. Miller with Campbell who used his TE's a lot in Washington is a top 10 TE and could challenge for the top 6.

Overall nice job, good mix of sure thing guys like Romo, Sjax and Clark and guys with some real upside like the later WR's and Miller. The key to your season is Fitz and Mendenhall. I'll give you a B, you are a playoff contender for sure but if those two guys contribute as they did last year or in that range you can move up to an A rating.

Amish Pirate
08-20-2010, 09:05 AM
Be back with more reviews a little later, need to do some real work :)

Gogonjdevil
08-20-2010, 09:13 AM
alright Pirate, standard 10 team league, standard scoring. I picked 6th. Here's the downside. I missed the draft so this was all autopick. I always pre-rank my players, just in case (once had the power blow on me in the 4th Round of a draft and ended up getting SCREWED, was gonna grab a QB but ended up getting a ****e WR...anyway...I pre-rank...just in case).

(Starters Bold)
QB: Flacco/Kolb/Rothlisberger (I personally wouldn't have drafted 3 QBs)
RB: Gore/Grant/Thomas/Harrison/McFadden/Tomlinson/McGahee
WR: Jackson/Colston/Meachem (would have likely gotten at least 1 More WR)
TE: Celek (would have grabbed a backup TE as well instead of 7 RBs)
D/ST: Giants
K: Prater

I don't think it's horrible as I think the the Starters are good...but as far as depth...well...you see.

Amish Pirate
08-20-2010, 11:22 AM

D/ST - Packers
K - Dan Carpenter

Well you have a little work to do but you have some pieces in place as well.

QB - Brady is always a top 6 guy, I don't expect a year like he had in 2007 but a slight uptick from last year where he was QB8 is reasonable. Palmer is a decent backup with some upside if 85 and 81 get along and produce.

RB - Not in love with what you got here at all. MJD is a beast and will be top5 for sure and could end up the #1 RB and not be surprising. Behind that you have some issues, Wells shouldn't be more then an RB3 in a 10 team league. Williams ok and worth a shot, the other two (Smith and Gerhart) likely shouldn't even be drafted in 10 team league. We need to do some waiver wire work to clean this up, any of the following out there, Hightower/Maroney/Hardesty/Donald Brown/Slaton/LT/Fred Taylor ? In a 10 teamer usually one or 2 of them slip through. I'd take any over your last 2 guys.

WR - This is obviously your strength and maybe where you can make a move. Wayne and Colston while both good are maybe a bit overrated in my opinion. Both QB's spread the ball around a ton and don't lock in on one guy. Wayne is more consistent, Colston can disappear some games and a stud WR shouldn't do that. Nicks is a solid guy to be your WR3, nice pick there. TJ and TO were nice picks and solid bye week guys.

TE - Finley is ready to break out this year and put up some big numbers as long as he stays healthy, Cooley is an ok backup.

I am really torn between giving you a B or a C so I'm going with a C+, I just think your lack of a solid 2nd RB and Colston's inconsistency will hurt you some weeks. I'd try and package Colston and Wells for a serious upgrade at RB and see if you can find any of the guys I mentioned on the waiver wire.

PhinsPhan11
08-20-2010, 11:32 AM
10 man draft league; you have to start 2 RBs, 2 WRs, and a RB/WR
QB: Aaron Rodgers, Eli Manning
RB: Ray Rice, Ronnie Brown, Ricky Williams, Justin Forsett, Montario Hardesty, Marion Barber
WR: Anquan Boldin, Desean Jackson, Derrick Mason, Devery Henderson
TE: Owen Daniels, Kevin Boss
D/ST: Ravens
K: Stephen Gostkowski

Amish Pirate
08-20-2010, 11:39 AM
Ok I'll post my first draft of the year, a 10 team Yahoo public league just to get a little practice in before my real drafts. Intentionally waited on RB in this league with the idea of getting studs at the other positions and then drafting a run of RB's and hoping at least 2 will over achieve. Never actually done this before but have read a few articles that RB has the highest turnover in the top 12 each year so it can work (last year you could have gotten Rice and Benson in the 6th and 7th rounds of most drafts and been set) Typical Yahoo scoring 4pt passing TD's and 6pt rushing/rec, 1 pt 25 yards passing, 1 pt every 10 rushing and receiving.

Starters in Bold
QB - Schaub, Hasselback
RB - McCoy, Barber, Bush, Portis, Maroney
WR - A.Johnson, Wayne, Jennings,Wallace, Britt
TE - Witten
K - Tynes
D - Bengals

Obviously I'll need to make a move for a TE come Dallas's bye week but with the small rosters plenty will be out there and I wanted to add more RB depth to start and see who of that group shakes out.

PhinsPhan11
08-20-2010, 11:56 AM
That's a pretty good team you have there.

Gogonjdevil
08-20-2010, 12:37 PM
I got rice last year in like the 7th round and picked up Benson in Rd 15. I also grabbed rodgers in Rd. 5 and picked Miles Austin up off waivers. Needless to say I ended up winning that league :)

PhinsPhan11
08-20-2010, 02:41 PM
I got rice last year in like the 7th round and picked up Benson in Rd 15. I also grabbed rodgers in Rd. 5 and picked Miles Austin up off waivers. Needless to say I ended up winning that league :)
Last year I ended up getting Rodgers in a late round, and he helped me win my league.

zachequalsgod
08-20-2010, 02:42 PM
Just looking for some feedback on my team... didn't play last year for the 1st time in 4 years and felt lost at this years draft. I feel great about my team. 10 man league - QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, WR/RB, K, DEF.

QB - Eli Manning, Jay Cutler
RB - A. Peterson, C. Benson, R. Bush, D. McFadden, C. Portis
WR - L. Fitzgerald, R. Wayne, S. Smith (CAR), S. Holmes, D. Mason
K - G. Hartley
DEF - Chargers
(Originally Drafted B. Favre and Hines Ward, but have already traded them for Fitzgerald and Cutler)

Amish Pirate
08-20-2010, 03:51 PM
Just finished up another draft. Another 10 man league. 2 WR's, 2 RB's, and a WR/RB. One of everything else.

QB- Peyton Manning, Carson Palmer
RB- Adrian Peterson, Felix Jones, Ahmad Bradshaw, Clinton Portis
WR- Roddy White, Steve Smith (Giants), Dwayne Bowe, Devin Aromashodu
TE- Dallas Clark, Greg Olsen
D/ST- Steelers, Bengals
K- Garett Hartley

R&R obviously we have similar philosophies when it comes to putting a fantasy football team together, another solid draft.

QB - Peyton is as sure of a thing as you can get, money to be a top 3 or 4 guy and a very high floor barring some freak injury. Palmer for the one week Peyton is off is fine, at Atlanta and coming off a bye week.

RB - Got a stud in ADP and 3 undervalued guys with Jones, Bradshaw and Portis. All 3 should be opening week starters or in Jones case maybe a true RBBC but still putting up some points, if one of the 3 has a really solid year you are money.

WR - White is one of the most overlooked guys in Fantasy football, Smith was the go to guy for the Giants last year and while they should be a little more balanced this year they pass a good amount and the WR's get most of the looks. Bowe needs to step up his game this year, hopefully that motivates, I for one think it will. Aromashodu is a guy we obviously disagree on but there is a case to be made for him, just my gut telling me he won't live up to his draft spot.

TE - Clark, again a top 3 guy at the position and Olsen while some what disappointing last year showed some flashes, if Martz finds a way to use him he could outperform his average draft spot.

I probably would have for gone the 2nd D and went after another WR and then cut one when needed but not a big deal. I'm giving this team an A, you should contend for the title barring any major injury.

Clipse
08-20-2010, 04:57 PM
20 teamer, that one will separate the men from the boys for sure. I've done 16 team leagues and those were a beast.

I like the start of your draft, I assume SJax, Marshall and Gates in the first 3 rounds. In a start 2 TE league with that many teams Gates is a second round value for sure so you got a good deal.

QB - Like Matt Ryan as a starter with some good upside, if you can't get one of the top 6 guys Ryan is as good as the others and usually available a round or two later, Hasselback in a league this big is a nice backup, if he stays upright I expect a decent year out of him and you'll have teams in this league with backup QB's as their bye week fillers.

RB - Sjax is getting over looked in a lot of drafts because he hasn't had the monster season people have hoped for, however he's finished the past 5 years top 14 in RB's every year fantasy wise even when he's missed a few games here and there. If Bradford can provide some spark in the passing game he'll be a top 10 back for sure. I'm not huge on Harrison, mainly because I think Cleveland will be that bad again and Hardesty will get more time as the year goes on. Great pick with Hightower here, he's still #1 on the Cards depth chart and while Wells will egt his share of carries Hightower is a better receiver and will be a solid RB3 in a league this big. Interested were Tashard Choice went, I would target him in a league like this because even as a 3rd back he gets some touches.

WR - Probably your weakest spot on this team but every year someone like miles Austin come out of nowhere so you never know. You got a solid top 10 guy in Marshall to anchor your group, I think he'll have about 90 catches but 10+ TD's this year. Aromashodu is a guy people seem to have high hopes for but I see Knox as the breakout gut in Chicago and Aromashodu more as the 3rd or even 4th WR, of course in a Martz offense that could still produce some numbers (ie Hakim with the Rams). Avery could be a nice sleeper, again depends a lot on Bradford. Mike Thomas is a solid pick, he showed some ability last year and is concentrating on WR this year with no kick return duties. Buster Davis has all the tools and if Vincent Jackson holds out until week 10, however the guy has disappointed in the past, I thin Naanee is the better sleeper pick in San Diego. Stovall and Sanders you are trying to catch some lighting in the bottle, all you can do at that point.

TE - Excellent job here, Gates is a top 3 TE and Fasano in a league this size is probably in the top 5 of the second group of 20 TE's. I like taking a rookie like Beckum in a league like this and hoping he steps it up and Patrick is another guy that will get some looks. Starting 2 TE's makes this tough, Martellus Bennett and the two rookie Patriot TE's are guys I would target but likely were gone before you needed to look at adding a 3rd TE.

K and D - Yup you got two, honestly unless you have some weird scoring that deducts for misses or is really aggressive on the defensive scoring they can fluctuate so much year to year you never know.

Overall I'll grade you as B, looks like a solid playoff team, I assume in a league that big at least 6 if not 8 teams make the playoffs. Keep us updates I'm interested to see how this goes.

Yea I feel good about it. First league I've ever did this big, usually only do 10-12 man leagues so this was a bit of a toughy. Bennett and the the two Patriot rookies were gone, as well as the two Ravens rookies, and my boy Jimmy Graham. Don't know much about Beckum, but I like my pickup of Ben Patrick at the very end of the draft. He's the starter for the Cards, and while they haven't been known to throw at their TE's much, they also have had Anthony Becht as the starter for awhile who's nothing but a blocker, where Patrick actually offers some pass catching ability. All I really need from him is to give me a few points on bye weeks so not really worried.

I personally think Aromashodu will have a very good season, and Donnie Avery could put up some real good numbers if Bradford pans out ok. He has gamebreaking speed. Either way someone has to catch passes in St. Louis. I liked my Mike Thomas pick in the mid-late rounds. Is a starter, and Sims-Walker missing time wouldn't be a shocker to anyone. I think I landed Buster Davis in the second from last round, with the Jackson situation, who knows. I agree about Stovall and Sanders. Nearing the end of the draft, nobody available. Stovall should get some looks, but these guys shouldn't be "seeing the field" for me anyhow.

As for everything else, pretty much agree, especially about Hightower. A lot of people hopping on the Beanie Wells bandwagon, not me. He may get a few more carries than Hightower, but Hightower will get the snaps when they matter, the goalline and on 3rd downs.

Clipse
08-20-2010, 05:10 PM
One extreme to the other here R&R, 20 team beast to a 10 team league. 10 team leagues are by far the hardest to rate because all the teams will have a core of good players unless someone is a completely screws up so it comes down to reserves and sleepers.

QB - Romo has the making of a top 5 guy this year, maybe even top 3 if things go right. Ryan in this case is a solid backup, almost fringe starter. Nicely done.

RB - Sjax, discussed pretty much all I can with your other team, obviously we share the same opinion of him. Mendenhall is going to be a hit or bust this year I think. If he is able to get off to a good start the 4 games without Big Ben and they don't loose confidence in him he could be a top 10 back. However if they stack the box and shut hime down and the Steelers are 1-3 or 2-2 but inept on offense they could become an aerial attack after Ben is back and he'll become a second option. Forte will be interesting, he was a first rounder last year now averaging the 22nd RB off the board. The next two preseason games and how he fits in the new offense vs Chester Taylor who is a great pass catcher will determine where I would take him. Going in the same area on average I like Addai a little better and Maroney maybe a round or two later. Hightower again we have discussed on your last team, decent RB4 here and will do better then people expect.

WR - Fitz is a solid top 6 WR, don't get me wrong. That said I likely won't draft him unless he falls to me later then he usually goes. The QB change, losing Boldin and I think the Cards looking to run more will hurt his numbers some, what really concerns me right now is the hamstring as they can tend to linger. Ward just seems to keep on trucking, as long as this isn't the year he falls off the cliff pencil him in for 900 to 1000 yards and 7 TD's, the guy is steady as they get. Massaquoi, Britt and Edwards I like the moves here to get some guys that could break out. Massaquoi might be the only guy I target on the Browns, he showed some flashes last year, if Delhomme can get back to being an average QB he'll be good value. Britt showed signs of emerging and seems to be Youngs favorite target, they don't throw a lot but he should be a decent fill in guy with a higher ceiling. Edwards has a chance the first 4 weeks while Holmes is suspended to make an impression, if his hands of stone stay hidden he could be a viable bye week guy.

TE - Clark and Zach Miller (assuming the one on the Raiders), again you hit it out of the park at TE, Clark is killer in the red zone and we all know the Colts will throw and spread it around. Miller with Campbell who used his TE's a lot in Washington is a top 10 TE and could challenge for the top 6.

Overall nice job, good mix of sure thing guys like Romo, Sjax and Clark and guys with some real upside like the later WR's and Miller. The key to your season is Fitz and Mendenhall. I'll give you a B, you are a playoff contender for sure but if those two guys contribute as they did last year or in that range you can move up to an A rating.

I have no doubt Romo is a top 5 QB in fantasy this year. That guy has too many weapons around him it's ridiculous. There's some concern around Fitz. I actually think no more Boldin helps him more than hurts him, more targets for him. Hopefully Matt Leinart isn't too bad because that's what it's all going to come down to. Massaqoui and Britt are good potential sleepers. Edwards is always going to have a few great fantasy games every season. Hopefully that's on my bye weeks... I'd by lying if I said I didn't have my concerns with Mendenhall. As you said, boom or bust. I think Forte has a bounce back type season but we'll see. You can't go wrong with Dallas Clark. I managed Zach Miller in the later rounds, loved the pick also. He's the best pass catcher on the Raiders by far, and will get plenty of targets, and as you said, Campbell likes throwing to his TE's.

Amish Pirate
08-20-2010, 10:08 PM
QB: Joe Flacco/ Big Ben.. A weekly battle that will probably result in many curse words over who i should have started
RB: Ryan Grant/ Pierre Thomas/ Jerome Harrison/ Darren Sproles/ Darren McFadden
WR: Randy Moss/ Vincent Jackson/ Steve Smith (CAR))/ Jerricho Chotchery/ Steve Breaston/ Chaz Schillens
TE: Antonio Gates
DEF/ ST: Saints
K: Rob Bironas

Ok, another 10 teamer, you guys are making it tough.

QB - Flacco, coming off a decent sophomore year and with Boldin, Stallworth and Pitta added to the passing attack I think you'll see them open up the offense a bit more this year. Big Ben is a great backup, he was a top 6 QB last year and can be gotten mid draft as one of the first back ups taken and could carry you in the second half or be great trade bait.

RB - Grant is solid and steady. I'm not a huge Thomas fan, too many other weapons on that team and he tends to become an after thought. Harrison is ok, but again in a 10 team league I'd like a better RB3 that isn't being pushed by a rookie and on a bad team. Sproles and McFadden the same type of back and both tend to under achieve. This is area should be average but it won't carry you.

WR - Moss, should be good in a contract year and Brady has looked very sharp so far in the preseason. Vjax ? Unless something changes quickly this is looking like a ugly holdout that will go to week 10 when he must come in to get credit for the year played. Steve Smith (Carolina) is an interesting guy this year, he has decreased each year but Delhomme also regressed each year the past few, maybe he bounces back but this will be a run first, run second team which will hurt. Cotchery and Breaston are solid bye weeks guys and Breaston if Lienart does anything could be a starter in certain match ups.

TE - Gates is a stud, enough said.

Your QB's are your strong spot but you can only start one. RB1 and RB2 are ok but your depth is lacking. WR it seems you used a much earlier pick then needed on Jackson and now have yourself in a hole there. TE you did very well. I'll give this team a C, you'll need luck or one of your back ups to get some help via an injury to a starter to get to the playoffs. If you can play .500 ball early and once Ben is back deal one of your QB's for some help maybe you can get a wildcard spot.

Amish Pirate
08-20-2010, 10:34 PM
alright Pirate, standard 10 team league, standard scoring. I picked 6th. Here's the downside. I missed the draft so this was all autopick. I always pre-rank my players, just in case (once had the power blow on me in the 4th Round of a draft and ended up getting SCREWED, was gonna grab a QB but ended up getting a ****e WR...anyway...I pre-rank...just in case).

(Starters Bold)
QB: Flacco/Kolb/Rothlisberger (I personally wouldn't have drafted 3 QBs)
RB: Gore/Grant/Thomas/Harrison/McFadden/Tomlinson/McGahee
WR: Jackson/Colston/Meachem (would have likely gotten at least 1 More WR)
TE: Celek (would have grabbed a backup TE as well instead of 7 RBs)
D/ST: Giants

I don't think it's horrible as I think the the Starters are good...but as far as depth...well...you see.

Well you didn't end up too bad for an auto draft other then the WR's.

QB - You are loaded, Kolb might put up the best numbers of the bunch, hopefully he and Flacco have a good first couple games and I'd unload one for some WR help. You certainly have depth here.

RB - Solid, solid, solid. Thomas as a RB3 flex player is very solid, I don't love him as a RB2 but in this position he is solid. Tomlinson might get some goal line carries and surprise with better numbers then most expect. Your backups are fine, maybe could improve on McFadden or McGahee but depends what is out there.

WR - This is where you paid the price on the auto draft. Is it DeSean Jackson I assume, I'm not as high on him as some, I think his size will hurt him as Reid goes to a short more controlled west coast offense with the more accurate Kolb then the big play offense they ran with McNabb. Maclin might be the sneaky play on the Eagles this year. Colston as your WR2 is ok, I'm a little down on him as well but auto picking at least you got a decent guy. Meachem might be the best play of the Saints WR's, 2nd half last year he was the one with the most fantasy points. Obviously you need some depth for bye weeks and because Colston tends to miss a few games and Jackson is a little guy who missed a few games last year I believe.

TE - Celek should be a red zone favorite of Kolb, think poor mans Dallas Clark.

I'd actually give this team a B right now as it stands, love your depth at QB and RB and hopefully you can use it or a little waiver wire magic to help you WR's. Add to the WR's by trading a QB and you could have an A grade.

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

Ok, calling it a night. Golf and picnic tomorrow so I'll be back Sunday to continue analysis.

Ricky_Fan34
08-21-2010, 12:46 AM
12 league team.

QB: Phillip Rivers, Matt Leinart
RB: Deangelo Williams, Lesean McCoy, Ricky Williams
WR: Andre Johnson, Devery Henderson, Jeremy Maclin, Jabar Gaffney
TE: Owen Daniels, Vernon Davis
K: Dan Carpenter, Sebastion Janikowski
D: Jets, Dolphins

I don't really like this team. I got ****ed over in the draft.

Fin_Frenzy_84
08-21-2010, 01:01 AM
This is my fantasy team for my class... 8 man league

QB:Phillip Rivers,Brett Favre
RB:Chris Johnson, Frank Gore, Reshard Mendenhal,Jonthan Stewart
WR:Roddy White, Sidney Rice, Anquan Boldin, Greg Jennings
TE:Owen Daniels, Chris Cooley
DEF:Minny,New Orleans
Kicker:Crosby, Matt Bryant

dolfan_101
08-21-2010, 03:07 AM
Ok, another 10 teamer, you guys are making it tough.

QB - Flacco, coming off a decent sophomore year and with Boldin, Stallworth and Pitta added to the passing attack I think you'll see them open up the offense a bit more this year. Big Ben is a great backup, he was a top 6 QB last year and can be gotten mid draft as one of the first back ups taken and could carry you in the second half or be great trade bait.

RB - Grant is solid and steady. I'm not a huge Thomas fan, too many other weapons on that team and he tends to become an after thought. Harrison is ok, but again in a 10 team league I'd like a better RB3 that isn't being pushed by a rookie and on a bad team. Sproles and McFadden the same type of back and both tend to under achieve. This is area should be average but it won't carry you.

WR - Moss, should be good in a contract year and Brady has looked very sharp so far in the preseason. Vjax ? Unless something changes quickly this is looking like a ugly holdout that will go to week 10 when he must come in to get credit for the year played. Steve Smith (Carolina) is an interesting guy this year, he has decreased each year but Delhomme also regressed each year the past few, maybe he bounces back but this will be a run first, run second team which will hurt. Cotchery and Breaston are solid bye weeks guys and Breaston if Lienart does anything could be a starter in certain match ups.

TE - Gates is a stud, enough said.

Your QB's are your strong spot but you can only start one. RB1 and RB2 are ok but your depth is lacking. WR it seems you used a much earlier pick then needed on Jackson and now have yourself in a hole there. TE you did very well. I'll give this team a C, you'll need luck or one of your back ups to get some help via an injury to a starter to get to the playoffs. If you can play .500 ball early and once Ben is back deal one of your QB's for some help maybe you can get a wildcard spot.

There's no way a receiver entering his prime is missing almost a whole season, seahawks where given permission to seek trade.. But who knows? Thanks for the input

Clipse
08-21-2010, 03:58 AM
There's no way a receiver entering his prime is missing almost a whole season, seahawks where given permission to seek trade.. But who knows? Thanks for the input

If he isn't traded he will miss at least 10 games.

Adam First
08-21-2010, 01:15 PM
RB - Not in love with what you got here at all. MJD is a beast and will be top5 for sure and could end up the #1 RB and not be surprising. Behind that you have some issues, Wells shouldn't be more then an RB3 in a 10 team league. Williams ok and worth a shot, the other two (Smith and Gerhart) likely shouldn't even be drafted in 10 team league. We need to do some waiver wire work to clean this up, any of the following out there, Hightower/Maroney/Hardesty/Donald Brown/Slaton/LT/Fred Taylor ? In a 10 teamer usually one or 2 of them slip through. I'd take any over your last 2 guys.

I dropped Kevin Smith for Brian Westbrook and Toby Gerhart for Fred Taylor. Thoughts?

PhinsPhan11
08-21-2010, 04:44 PM
I dropped Kevin Smith for Brian Westbrook and Toby Gerhart for Fred Taylor. Thoughts?
I think that's a good move.

phinpunk14
08-21-2010, 05:02 PM
16 team league. I had the number 8 pick in a serpentine draft and starters are in bold.

QB: Matt Ryan, Ben Roethlisberger

RB: Frank Gore, Shonn Greene, Reggie Bush, Steve Slaton, Kevin Smith

Wr: Marques Colston, Steve Smith (Car), Hines Ward, Mario Manningham, Jabar Gaffney
(http://www.finheaven.com/)
TE: Owen Daniels

K: Matt Prater

Def: Miami Dolphins

Thanks for the feedback. FYI, I too am looking to drop Kevin Smith for Westbrook since I have Gore as a starter.

PhinsPhan11
08-22-2010, 02:17 AM
10 team league, and I had the 4th pick in a snake draft.

RB: Ray Rice, Ronnie Brown, Ricky Williams, Justin Forsett, Marion Barber, Montario Hardesty
WR: Desean Jackson, Anquam Boldin, Derrick Mason, Devery Henderson
K: Stephen Gostowski

Clipse
08-22-2010, 09:23 PM
Just had my 4th and final fantasy draft of the season. Unfortunately, I was ready for it an hour before the draft, then somehow forgot all about it, until the very end of the draft. Made a few FA moves though. Anyways it's a 12 man IDP league where KR/PR yards are 1 point every 10 yards. Tackles are 1 point each while all other stats (INT's, Fumbles, etc.) are 2 points each. Start a QB, 2 WR's, 2 RB's, a TE, a WR/TE, and a WR/RB, as well as a K, 2 DB's, 2 DL, 2 LB's.

QB- Jay Cutler, Matt Hasselbeck. I think Cutler can have a great season under Mike Martz.
RB- Shonn Green, Jonathan Stewart, Jahvid Best, Jerome Harrison, Chester Taylor
WR- Randy Moss, Johnny Knox (KR yards as well), Hakeem Nicks, Demaryius Thomas.
TE- Jermichael Finley, Zach Miller, Kevin Boss
K- Nate Kaeding

DL- Aaron Kampman, Antwan Odom, John Abraham
DB- Lardarius Webb (KR), Louis Delmas, Eric Berry
LB- Paul Posluszny, Bradie James, Nick Barnett

Picked up Kevin Boss and dropped Josh Wilson because Miller and Finley have the same bye week. Putting both on the trade block in hopes of trading one for a WR. May pick Wilson back up if he's back as the starting KR this season.

Amish Pirate
08-23-2010, 09:08 AM
10 man draft league; you have to start 2 RBs, 2 WRs, and a RB/WR
RB: Ray Rice, Ronnie Brown, Ricky Williams, Justin Forsett, Montario Hardesty, Marion Barber
WR: Anquan Boldin, Desean Jackson, Derrick Mason, Devery Henderson
K: Stephen Gostkowski

Alright a little behind after being busy the whole weekend so let's get right to this.

QB - Rodgers is going to be a stud this year again, he's been the #1 or #2 fantasy QB the last 2 years and if anything his O line might be better this year. As soon as he wins a Super Bowl the cheese heads will be happy Farve was sent packing. Eli is a solid backup almost a low end starter in a 10 team league so you are very solid there.

RB - Pretty good group here, Rice should put up top 10 numbers, I'm not as sold as some on him equaling last years results but overall the Raven offense should be better and lead to more chances. Brown/Williams, the Dolphins will run and run effectively, the worry here is that you end up with two very good RB3's and neither gets enough carries to be an every week start. If Ronnie gets 70 to 75% of the carries (I think he will assuming he is 100%) then he should be very good for you. Getting Ricky was good insurance. I like Barber a lot this year, I think Jones will steal some carries especially between the 20's but Barber's best season's were when he was used from the 20 in and kept fresh to finish teams off in the 4th quarter. He'll be a solid RB this year. Forsett worth a flyer, hard to tell how Seattle will use the RB's yet with Washington just back. Hardesty I like but don't expect much until the end of the season.

WR - This is the area I think you are a little weak. I like Boldin, he should be a low end WR1 and fits well with the Ravens. DeSean Jackson I am predicting to be a bit of a bust this year, Kolb is more a true West Coast QB then McNabb so I expect more crossing and short passes to use his accuracy and think Maclin might end up the better WR in Philly. He'll make some big plays but not as much as last year. Mason is an ok bye week guy but on the same team as your best WR which loses some value. Henderson is borderline if he should even be drafted in a league with this small of rosters.

TE - Daniels is the key here, I love the guys talent and the offense but this is a big week for him. He gets an MRI and sees Dr Andrews to hopefully get clearance to be back at practice full time. If he is cleared and has no set backs you have a gem, if not be prepared to have him on your bench for a few weeks. Tough part of having and early draft. Boss, ok backup, nothing special, I might have taken a chance on a couple of the rookies hoping to hit it big.

Overall I'm pretty torn on this team, you are right between a B and a C grade, a lot in your case depends on how the other teams drafted. I'm going to give you a C at this point because of the unknown in how Miami will split the carries and when Daniels will be back for sure. If Ronnie gets most of the work and Owen is back you should make the playoffs.

Amish Pirate
08-23-2010, 09:39 AM
Just looking for some feedback on my team... didn't play last year for the 1st time in 4 years and felt lost at this years draft. I feel great about my team. 10 man league - QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, WR/RB, K, DEF.

QB - Eli Manning, Jay Cutler
RB - A. Peterson, C. Benson, R. Bush, D. McFadden, C. Portis
WR - L. Fitzgerald, R. Wayne, S. Smith (CAR), S. Holmes, D. Mason
K - G. Hartley
DEF - Chargers
(Originally Drafted B. Favre and Hines Ward, but have already traded them for Fitzgerald and Cutler)

Understood, taking a year off and you start to lose track of who is a good fantasy player vs who is a good football player.

QB - Cutler is probably your guy here although you might start spot Eli based on matchups. Both are lower half guys in a 10 team league but if you play the matchups right your total QB points for a starter can be right up there.

RB - ADP will be top 5 you can pencil that in and take it to the bank, solid and consistent. Benson I like, he's only had the one good year which normally scares me but he still seems to have something to prove and the improved passing game may actually help him a little in yards even if it costs a TD or two. Portis and Bush are ok bye week fill ins, I actually like Portis to have a decent year this year because he know Shanny's offense already. I probably would have liked to have a seen a little better depth here but barring injury your top two will be very good.

WR - Nice depth here, I've said before I think Fitz falls off this year and is going earlier in drafts then I would take him but in this case I like the way you got him. Wayne is another guy I have a little lower then some but still a WR1. So while both are little lower in my ranking then some other peoples the fact that you managed to land both is very solid. Steve Smith is again the same as the others, I have him a little lower then the WR2 most are drafting him for but as a WR3 I think you did well. Holmes could provide a nice spark when he is back if he plays with a chip on his shoulder. Mason I think will be a third option in Baltimore so don't expect much there.

TE - ? Did you not draft one or forget to list them ?

I'll give you an incomplete for now until we see the TE but you are on your way to a solid B to B+

Amish Pirate
08-23-2010, 09:53 AM
Ok, got everyone that posted a team on page 1. I'll list my first regular draft of the year that took place Sunday night, had the 10th pick.

10 team league but with huge starting lineups (start 2 QB's) and rosters. Return yards also count (1 pt per 30)

Start - QB, QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, WR/TE, WR/RB, WR/RB, K, DEF, LB, LB, DB, DB, DL

QB - Drew Brees, Matt Ryan, KyleOrton
RB - Ryan Mathews, Pierre Thomas, CJ Spiller (Flex), Ahmad Bradshaw (Flex), Chester Taylor, Mike Bell
WR - Miles Austin, Anquan Boldin, Jeremy Maclin, Jacoby Jones, Jabar Gaffney, Ted Ginn
TE - Jermichael Finley, Anthony Fasano
K - Nate Keading
D - San Francisco
LB - DJ Williams, Karlos Dansby
DB - Yeremiah Bell, Brandon Flowers, Cortland Finnegan
DL - Darnell Dockett

PhinsPhan11
08-23-2010, 11:16 AM
10 team league having to start QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, RB/WR, TE, D/ST, and K.

QB: Aaron Rodgers, Vince Young
RB: Jonathan Stewart, Cedric Benson, Ricky Williams, Thomas Jones, Kevin Smith, Darren Sproles
WR: Brandon Marshall, Sidney Rice, Pierre Garcon, Early Doucet
TE: Owen Daniels, John Carlson
K: Mason Crosby

SwimminInIndy
08-23-2010, 11:17 AM
We are a 12 team league that starts:
QB
2 RB
3 WR
TE
WR/TE
WR/RB
Team D
Kicker
6 bench spots

I drafted 5th, and we are a PPR league, and we reward 1 point for every 25 return yards. Our QBs get 6 points for a passing TD. Non Keeper, and I am the reigning champ. Below is my team and the order I drafted them in. THanks in advance!

QB- Kevin Kolb
RB- Maurice Jones-Drew
RB- Pierre Thomas
WR- Calvin Johnson
WR- Steve Smith
WR- Steve Smith
TE- Brent Celek
W/R- Reggie Bush
W/T- Mike Wallace
D- Vikings
K- Kris Brown
Bench- Devin Thomas
Bench- Rashad Jennings
Bench- Michael Bush
Bench- John Carlson
Bench- Jason Snelling
Bench- Ben Roethlisberger

1. MJD
2. Megatron
3. The New Steve Smith
4. PT Cruiser
5. Brent Celek
6. The Old Steve Smith (lead the league in Steve Smiths)
7. Mike Wallace
8. Reggie Bush
9. Kevin Kolb
10. Michael Bush (2 Bushes and 1 Johnson, I like that ratio)
11. Vikings D
12. Devin THomas
13. John Carlson
14. Ben RoethlisRaper
15. Jason Snelling
16. Rashad Jennings (MJD handcuff)
17. Kris Brown

zachequalsgod
08-24-2010, 09:41 AM
Understood, taking a year off and you start to lose track of who is a good fantasy player vs who is a good football player.

QB - Cutler is probably your guy here although you might start spot Eli based on matchups. Both are lower half guys in a 10 team league but if you play the matchups right your total QB points for a starter can be right up there.

RB - ADP will be top 5 you can pencil that in and take it to the bank, solid and consistent. Benson I like, he's only had the one good year which normally scares me but he still seems to have something to prove and the improved passing game may actually help him a little in yards even if it costs a TD or two. Portis and Bush are ok bye week fill ins, I actually like Portis to have a decent year this year because he know Shanny's offense already. I probably would have liked to have a seen a little better depth here but barring injury your top two will be very good.

WR - Nice depth here, I've said before I think Fitz falls off this year and is going earlier in drafts then I would take him but in this case I like the way you got him. Wayne is another guy I have a little lower then some but still a WR1. So while both are little lower in my ranking then some other peoples the fact that you managed to land both is very solid. Steve Smith is again the same as the others, I have him a little lower then the WR2 most are drafting him for but as a WR3 I think you did well. Holmes could provide a nice spark when he is back if he plays with a chip on his shoulder. Mason I think will be a third option in Baltimore so don't expect much there.

TE - ? Did you not draft one or forget to list them ?

I'll give you an incomplete for now until we see the TE but you are on your way to a solid B to B+

WHOOPS! Yeah, just forgot to list my TE.

TE - Dallas Clark

No depth, figured I can add/drop one of my RBs for a below average TE for my bye. Thanks so much for your feedback though.

Amish Pirate
08-28-2010, 08:49 AM
WHOOPS! Yeah, just forgot to list my TE.

TE - Dallas Clark

No depth, figured I can add/drop one of my RBs for a below average TE for my bye. Thanks so much for your feedback though.

Clark is one of the top TE's you did well there.

Final Grade - B+, you should make the playoffs and be a contender.

Amish Pirate
08-28-2010, 09:30 AM
12 league team.

QB: Phillip Rivers, Matt Leinart
RB: Deangelo Williams, Lesean McCoy, Ricky Williams
WR: Andre Johnson, Devery Henderson, Jeremy Maclin, Jabar Gaffney
TE: Owen Daniels, Vernon Davis
K: Dan Carpenter, Sebastion Janikowski
D: Jets, Dolphins

I don't really like this team. I got ****ed over in the draft.

I wouldn't be so hard on yourself, I've seen much worse.

QB - Rivers is right outside the top 5 QB's and trying to get in the door and is one of the favorites to make that leap. His biggest issue will be if someone steps up with VJax MIA to keep Gates from double teams. Leinart....well, you better check the waiver wire, good chance he isn't even the starter.

RB - DWill is again the top of the 2nd tier of RB's and has the potential to be a stud. He's shown flashes but Stewart vultures carries and TD's. Stewart has an injury history so you never know, he'll be solid regardless. McCoy I am indifferent on, living in the Philly area local radio is convinced he he'll be Westbrook in his prime, nationally it seems there are some questions. he should be an average RB2, in a PPR league maybe a better RB2. How much they use Bell inside the 10 will be big. Ricky is a decent bye week filler. I'd really like to see more depth here, that is a major concern.

WR - Andre Johnson = STUD, sit back and enjoy the best WR in the game. This is where things fall off for you. Maclin might end up the better WR in Philly this year, he fits better with Kolb but he should probably only be a a WR3, starting in a league that starts 3 wide outs. Gaffney is guy I like as a WR4 and bye week filler, Henderson is a deep bench guy at best. He are going to be giving up points here each week.

TE - Well you have potential to be stacked here. Davis finally lived up to his talent last year and should be a stud again. If Daniels is back from his injury and plays like last year you have two of the big time TE's and maybe some trade bait for a decent WR2.

I'd grade you a C right now, solid QB, decent RB's and a stud WR, great TE's. Lack of depth at RB and and a tru WR2 is what you'll need to overcome. You should have some big games but you'll need some luck to make a run.

Amish Pirate
08-28-2010, 11:55 AM
This is my fantasy team for my class... 8 man league

QB:Phillip Rivers,Brett Favre
RB:Chris Johnson, Frank Gore, Reshard Mendenhal,Jonthan Stewart
WR:Roddy White, Sidney Rice, Anquan Boldin, Greg Jennings
TE:Owen Daniels, Chris Cooley
DEF:Minny,New Orleans
Kicker:Crosby, Matt Bryant

8 man leagues with small rosters everyone is loaded with talent, it comes down to picking the correct matchups each week. Really can't help you much, you have really solid RB's, decent QB's, WR's are good but obviously you need to replace Rice now. You'll be a contender just start the right guys each week.

LouPhinFan
08-28-2010, 06:50 PM
Here's what I need to rate your team:

1. List your team
2. List your leagues requirement for starting positions (ie. QB/2RB/3WR/TE/K/Def)
3. Number of teams in your league
4. Point per reception ?
5. Redraft or Keeper league (if a keeper who did you keep)
6. What position did you draft in ?
7. Any other important nuances like points for return yardage or anything out of the normal yardage and TD scoring that your league uses.

10 team league, non PPR, non keeper, all TDs are 6 points, I had the #1 pick in a standard serpentine draft.

(http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?281333-Draft-is-Done-and-Here-s-My-Team.#)Adrian Peterson - 1.01
Calvin Johnson - 2.10
Ryan Matthews - 3.01
Pierre Thomas - 4.10
Wes Welker - 5.01
Kevin Kolb - 6.10
Brent Celek - 7.01
Malcolm Floyd - 8.10
Ahmad Bradshaw - 9.01
Eddie Royal - 10.10
Santonio Holmes - 11.01
Vikings defense - 12.10
Mike Williams - 13.01
Chad Henne - 14.10
Tim Hightower - 15.01
Neil Rackers - 16.10

Probable starting line up most weeks:

QB - Kevin Kolb
RB - Adrian Peterson
RB - Ryan Matthews
WR - Calvin Johnson
WR - Wes Welker
WR - Malcolm Floyd
TE - Brent Celek
K - Neil Rackers
DEF - Vikings

Bench:
WR - Royal, Holmes, Williams
RB - Thomas, Bradshaw, Hightower
QB - Henne

Amish Pirate
08-28-2010, 09:29 PM

Westbrook we'll see, I like Taylor...I was high on Maroney but he seems in the doghouse so I thing Taylor will get 10-15 carries at least early.

Adam First
08-28-2010, 10:48 PM
I just got done with a brutal 12-man draft...7 people didn't show up so I was mired in autopick hell. I picked 2nd.

1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, D/ST, K, 4 BN

QB - Joe Flacco/Chad Henne
RB - Maurice Jones-Drew/Jamaal Charles/Matt Forte/Laurence Maroney
WR - DeSean Jackson/Michael Crabtree/Santana Moss/Terrell Owens
TE - John Carlson
K - Dan Carpenter
DEF/ST - Dallas

Amish Pirate
08-29-2010, 09:16 AM
16 team league. I had the number 8 pick in a serpentine draft and starters are in bold.

QB: Matt Ryan, Ben Roethlisberger

RB: Frank Gore, Shonn Greene, Reggie Bush, Steve Slaton, Kevin Smith

Wr: Marques Colston, Steve Smith (Car), Hines Ward, Mario Manningham, Jabar Gaffney
(http://www.finheaven.com/)

K: Matt Prater

Def: Miami Dolphins

Thanks for the feedback. FYI, I too am looking to drop Kevin Smith for Westbrook since I have Gore as a starter.

QB - Ryan is a decent starter, don't expect a lot of 3 TD, 300 yard games but he should be consistent getting you 230 and score or two. Getting Big Ben as your backup was a steal, we'll I expect the Steelers to run a little more this year then last if Mendenhall struggles the first 4 weeks without Ben then it might be a full out aerial attack again after the week 5 bye. He'll likely be you starter from week 6 on.

RB -Frank Gore is growing on me the more I read and see that this could be a huge year for him. I wouldn't take him over the top 3 but he is right there with Rice on my big board now. Expect some big plays and 10 to 12 TD's. Shonn Greene I don't like, just a gut feeling that he could be a semi bust this year fantasy wise. LT still has a nose for the goal line and on third downs is a much better receiver and has more experience picking up the blitz. Greene will have a few big games against the likes of the Bills and such but he might not get 1000 yards and 6 or 7 TD's is all I see. That said in a 16 teamer where you have a stud RB he isn't a bad RB2. Reggie Bush is under rated, he'll get enough touches to make him a viable bye week guy and spot starter. Slaton we shall see, he has the talent other then fumbling but Foster looks ready to lock onto that job.

WR - Individually I don't love any of you WR's other then maybe Ward for his consistency, but as a whole they are a decent willy veteran group. If either Colston or Smith can put up years like they had a few years ago and the other tosses in a few big games you could be in good shape. The problem I have with both of them if they can disappear in games as well. Manningham and Gaffney are decent bye week guys in a big league, I actually like what Gaffney has shown with Orton so far.

TE - I love Daniels, I admit a man crush...lol...he's practicing again but not in game shape from what I read yesterday, be prepared to maybe need a fill in for a few weeks.

I like your team in a league this big, your WR scare me a bit again that they can disappear but your solid at RB and you could have a top QB tandem after week 5. You should be a playoff contender for sure, Grade B+

overworkedirish
08-29-2010, 03:33 PM
10 man league, standard ESPN rules plus 0.5 PPR. 1 QB, 2 RB, 1 RB/WR, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D/ST. I drafted 3rd in a snake draft.

QB: Philip Rivers, Matt Ryan
RB: Ray Rice, Ronnie Brown, Clinton Portis, Willis McGahee
WR: Roddy White, Hines Ward, Pierre Garcon, Robert Meachem, Vincent Jackson (grabbed LATE, I figured what the hell)
TE: Antonio Gates, Greg Olson
K: Jay Feely
D/ST: Ravens, Texans

Clipse
08-29-2010, 09:28 PM
From an 8 man IDP/PPR league me and some friends are doing with money on the line. We start a QB, a TE, 2 RB's, 2 WR's, a RB/WR, and a WR/TE. Also a K, 2 LB's, 2 DB's, and 2 DL. A tackle is 1 point, all other significant def stats (sacks, INT's, FF, etc.) are 2 points. KR/PR yards are 1 point/10 yards.

I had the 7th pick in the draft.

QB - Tom Brady, Joe Flacco

RB - Jamaal Charles, Lesean McCoy, Jonathan Stewart, Darren Sproles, Tim Hightower - Keep in mind this is a PPR league. I think McCoy is going to be a PPR stud. Charles and Hightower should rack up a lot of catches as well. Charles also offers some return yards.

WR - Andre Johnson, Randy Moss, Josh Cribbs, Hines Ward, Robert Meachem - I think this is the year Cribbs finally puts some good numbers offensively. Add that to the 1 point every 10 KR/PR yards, I think I have a real stud on my hands. Actually, I know I have a stud in my hands, afterall, he was the 5th best fantasy WR last year in IDP leagues. That gives me three top 5 WR's, not bad.

TE - Jermichael Finley, Kellen Winslow

K - Garrett Hartley - Trying to take him every league I get a chance too.

LB's - Barrett Ruud, Curtis Lofton, D'Qwell Jackson, Nick Barnett - 2nd best unit on the team. Got 3 guys who can all finish top 5 in tackles this year, and Barnett is no slouch either.

DB's - Yeremiah Bell, Eric Berry, Eric Weddle - Eric Berry = IDP stud, book it.

DL - Will Smith, Aaron Kampman, John Abraham - I think Aaron Kampman is prime for a great year going back to defensive end in a 4-3.

I think this may be my 2nd, possibly best team in FF this year out of the 5 I've done.

Edit - Just made my team even better by trading Devin Aromashodu for Darren Sproles, who was a top 10 RB last year in IDP leagues. Then dropped Laurence Maroney for Robert Meachem.

Nawledge
08-30-2010, 09:23 AM
its a 10 team head-to-head league, drafted 17 players each in a snake draft

Starters:

QB: Matt Ryan
RB: Ray Rice
RB: Ronnie Brown
RB/WR: Hines Ward
WR: Brandon Marshall
WR: Desean Jackson
Def: 49ers D
K: Ryan Longwell

Bench:

CJ Spiller
Mike Williams (TB wr)
Santana Moss
Cadillac Williams
Matthew Stafford
Jermaine Gresham
Miamis D
Darren McFadden (he got autopicked because i was trying to look for someone else and took too long) im prob gonna drop him and pick up someone else

chatton
08-30-2010, 08:22 PM
Drafted number 8 in a 12 team snake draft. Starting requirements are 1qb, 2rb, 2wr, 1 wr/te, k, d/st. Standard espn scoring rules, 6pt for all td's. qb kolb, rothleisberber
rb pierre thomas, j. best, b. jacobs, t.jones , dixon , hightower
wr a. johnson, wayne, wallace, williams tampa bay, bess
te finley
def saints
k tynes

dolfanattic5
08-31-2010, 12:59 AM
Okay my league is a 10 person normal head to head league on espn

Qb- Favre/Cutler
rb- Steven Jackson, Michael Turner, Ronnie Brown, Jerome Harrison,
wr- Desean Jackson, Mike Sims Walker, Hakeem Nicks, Vincent Jackson
te- Dallas Clark, Greg Olsen
def- Steelers, Texans
k- Nate Kaeding, Dan Carpenter

#1dolphinsfan
08-31-2010, 01:38 AM
QB: Aaron Rodgers, Chad Henne
RB: Ronnie Brown, Arian Foster, Jahvid Best, Ricky Williams, and Cadillac Williams
WR: Brandon Marshall, Greg Jennings, Robert Meachem, Terrell Owens, and Mike Williams
TE: Antonio Gates, Owen Daniels
D: Steelers
K: Mason Crosby

IMO Mike Williams is going to have a monster year i think he is going to be a very good pro and will end up being one of the top WR when he is retired and i think TO will have a good year i think he still has a lot left in the tank. And Jahvid Best is also going to be a good player IMO i think he is going to be a good pro Also, and we all know what Brandon Marshall, Greg Jennings, Antonio Gates, Aaron Rodgers, the Steelers D, and Mason Crosby can do in the NFL and Ronnie brown is also a very good back it is just weather or not he can stay healthy if he can he is a very good fansty RB I also think Arian Foster is going to have a good year as the starting RB for the texans with the weapons they have on the outside he should have a lot of holes to run through, the Two improvments i think i could have done better is my Backup QB and my RBs i think i have good RBs but i think i could have done a lot better

Nappy Roots
08-31-2010, 10:39 AM
12 team league. Head to head.9th overall pick in snake style draft

Qb Joe flacco
Rb Ray rice
Rb Steven Jackson
Rb/wr arian foster
Wr Steve smith - Carolina
Wr anquan boldin
Te Owen daniels
D/st vikings
K Dan carpenter

Bench
Donald brown
Sidney rice
John carlson
Jeremy maclin
Matt stafford
Josh Morgan
Montario hardesty

peleblanco
08-31-2010, 01:49 PM
First try at Fantasy Football. 10 team head to head league. Qb, 2 Rb, 3 WR, TE, K. DEF/ST

QB: Aaron Rodgers/ Eli Manning
RB: Gore, Ronnie Brown, Ricky Williams, Arian Foster
WR: VJackson, Maclin, Nicks, Aromashodu, Berrian
TE: Dallas Clark
K: Kaeding
D/ST: Philly

Worried about WR

malzj
08-31-2010, 11:18 PM
Qb:Bulger, Marc BAL QB (http://football18.myfantasyleague.com/2010/player?L=16308&P=5817) (P)-8FAClausen, Jimmy CAR QB (http://football18.myfantasyleague.com/2010/player?L=16308&P=9818) (R) (P)-62.05Edwards, Trent BUF QB (http://football18.myfantasyleague.com/2010/player?L=16308&P=8707)-6FAGarrard, David JAC QB (http://football18.myfantasyleague.com/2010/player?L=16308&P=6616)-9FALeinart, Matt ARI QB (http://football18.myfantasyleague.com/2010/player?L=16308&P=8251)-6FARodgers, Aaron GBP QB (http://football18.myfantasyleague.com/2010/player?L=16308&P=7836)-10F

RB:ABrown, Ronnie MIA RB (http://football18.myfantasyleague.com/2010/player?L=16308&P=7814)-5FABush, Reggie NOS RB (http://football18.myfantasyleague.com/2010/player?L=16308&P=8243)-10FAHightower, Tim ARI RB (http://football18.myfantasyleague.com/2010/player?L=16308&P=9196)-6FAMaroney, Laurence NEP RB (http://football18.myfantasyleague.com/2010/player?L=16308&P=8262)-5FASnelling, Jason ATL RB (http://football18.myfantasyleague.com/2010/player?L=16308&P=8911)-8FATaylor, Chester CHI RB (http://football18.myfantasyleague.com/2010/player?L=16308&P=6715)-8FATurner, Michael ATL RB (http://football18.myfantasyleague.com/2010/player?L=16308&P=7544)-8FAWashington, Leon SEA RB (http://football18.myfantasyleague.com/2010/player?L=16308&P=8358)-5FA

WR:Chambers, Chris KCC WR (http://football18.myfantasyleague.com/2010/player?L=16308&P=4946)-4FAColston, Marques NOS WR (http://football18.myfantasyleague.com/2010/player?L=16308&P=8493)-10FAHardy, James BUF WR (http://football18.myfantasyleague.com/2010/player?L=16308&P=9069) (P)-6FAJarrett, Dwayne CAR WR (http://football18.myfantasyleague.com/2010/player?L=16308&P=8671)-6FAJennings, Greg GBP WR (http://football18.myfantasyleague.com/2010/player?L=16308&P=8293) (P)-10FAKnox, Johnny CHI WR (http://football18.myfantasyleague.com/2010/player?L=16308&P=9575)-8FAThomas, Demaryius DEN WR (http://football18.myfantasyleague.com/2010/player?L=16308&P=9884) (R) (Q)-91.05Ward, Hines PIT WR (http://football18.myfantasyleague.com/2010/player?L=16308&P=3367)-5FAWayne, Reggie IND WR (http://football18.myfantasyleague.com/2010/player?L=16308&P=4923)-7FAGonzalez, Tony ATL TE (http://football18.myfantasyleague.com/2010/player?L=16308&P=2918)-8FA

K:Tynes, Lawrence NYG PK (http://football18.myfantasyleague.com/2010/player?L=16308&P=5168)-8FA

DF:Cowboys, Dallas DAL Def (http://football18.myfantasyleague.com/2010/player?L=16308&P=0516)-4FASaints, New Orleans NOS Def (http://football18.myfantasyleague.com/2010/player?L=16308&P=0529)

I picked sixth this year 29 players is max

1qb,2rb,3wr/te,1kicker,1D
6pptd running/passing/recieving
1ppr, 1pt per 20 reception yards, 1pt per ten rushing yards
fumbles minus 1, fumble or interceptions recovers plus 1
Special teams td 6 pts, interceptions thrown minus 2 pts.

If I missed anything let me know. I had steven jackson but i traded him for r. bush and r. wayne. I figured I had some rb depth and wanted a top tier 3rd receiver.

JCPHIN_PHAN
09-05-2010, 01:57 PM
Please rate my team:
Draft pick 9 out of 10 teams
1pt for every 10 return yards
QB, RB, RB, WR,WR,W/R,W/R/T,TE,DEF,K, 6 Bench

QB:Cutler, Favre, Rothlisburger
RB: D. Williams, L. McCoy, Spiller(returns), Leon Washington(returns)
WR: A. Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Mike Wallace, Steve Smith(NYG), Dez Bryant, Jeremy Maclin(Returns)
TE: Kellen Winslow
DEF: PHI
K:Bironas

JCPHIN_PHAN
09-05-2010, 02:00 PM
By the way i was just offered Aaron Rodgers for Cj spiller,brett favre, and maclin. I am seriously considering this but will be missing those return yards and big plays from spiller and maclin. i am not expecting much from favre any way this year. what should i do?

Cloudy
09-05-2010, 02:18 PM
10 Man H2H league

QB: Jay Cutler
WR: Andre Johnson
WR: Brandon Marshall
WR: Desean Jackson
HB: Ronnie Brown
HB: Ricky Williams
TE: Tony Gonzalez
FLEX: Bernard Berrian
DEF: 49ers
K: Saints Kicker

fish_fan
09-05-2010, 05:36 PM
How about this one:

10 team league, drafted in the 9th slot. Not a PPR and was a re-drafter league. Positions are 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/RB, 1 TE, 1 K, and 5 defensive players.

QB- Peyton Manning, Kyle Orton
RB- Ryan Mathews, Pierre Thomas, Ronnie Brown, Fred Jackson, Donald Brown
WR- Steve Smith (NYG), Michael Crabtree, Johnny Knox, Mike Willams (TB)
TE- Jason Witten, Jermaine Gresham
K- Garret Hartley
DL- Patrick Willis, David Harris, David Hawthorn, Mike Peterson, Justin Durant
DB- Yeremiah Bell, Eric Berry, Dawan Landry, LeRon Landry

I know I'm weakest at WR and Ronnie is always a question mark for late in the season. Thanks for your time.

colef21
09-06-2010, 12:57 PM
Im in a 14 team league, drafted number 13, and positions are QB, 2 WRs, 2 RBs, Flex, TE, DEF, K

QB - Carson Palmer, Matt Cassel
WR - Reggie Wayne, Dwayne Bowe, Jacoby Jones, Lee Evans, Mike Williams (TB), Louis Murphy
RB - Steven Jackson, Arian Foster, Laurence Maroney, Kareem Huggins
Flex - Ahmad Bradshaw
TE - Tony Gonzalez
K - Dan Carpenter
DEF - Cincinnati

I think I did pretty damn good if I do say so myself. But I'd like to get an outsiders input.

Thanks

branflakecereal
09-06-2010, 03:16 PM
10 Team League, Standard scoring + 1 point/20 return yards. 1 QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, DEF, K. 6 man bench

QB: Palmer/Roethlisberger
RB: Peterson/Turner/Wells
WR: White/Harvin/Cribbs/Knox/Mike Williams(TB)/Amendola
TE: Miller
DEF: SF

Kthurmus23
09-06-2010, 04:08 PM
Team name - Henne's Rocket Balls

Keeper League (*) indicates keeper from last year. Number of starters per position is in brackets.

Qb-*Philip Rivers, Derek Anderson (1)
rb-*Ronnie Brown, Jahvid Best, Clinton Portis, Tim Hightower, Brandon Jacobs (2)
wr-*DeSean Jackson, *Maques Colston, Mike Sims Walker, Chris Chambers (2)
Te-*Vernon Davis, Greg Olsen (1)
K -Mason Crosby (1)
DST-Eagles (1)

10 team league, no points per reception. Each team keeps 5 every year, I was picking 8th in the draft this year.

Twentybinders
09-17-2010, 12:46 AM
1) QBs - Vick, Henne
RBs - LeSean McCoy, Frank Gore, McClain, Norwood, Spiller
WRs - Marshall, Fitzgerald, Naanee, Andre Johnson, Mike Williams (Rookie, Tampa Bay)
TE - Celek, Gresham
K - Dan Carpenter
DST - Bengals

2) Starting 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, K, DST
3) 12 team league
4) no PPR
5) No redraft or keeper
6) drafted 10th
7) 6pts for TDs, 1pt every 25 yards rush/rec/pass