PDA

View Full Version : Tom Brady praises Dolphins or how junc and vaark like golden showers

FinAtic8480
08-24-2010, 11:45 AM
Anyway, while the two camps have each other in the cross-hairs, Brady took time during his interview to show love to the Dolphins. No, seriously.

And he went out of his way to do it.

Brady was asked about New England's offense coming with new wrinkles and doing different, elaborate things. Brady said all that is overplayed. He said doing a couple of things very well can be almost as effective if the personnel is good and right.

"I''ve said before the best defense I’ve ever played against was the Miami Dolphins about 8, 9, 10 years ago, and they played pretty much the same defense the whole game," Brady said. "And it didn’t matter what you did, they rushed the passer, they covered you, they covered you short, they covered you deep.

"They had one or two change-ups that really complimented what they were doing. I had my worst games against the Dolphins. Our passing game against them was terrible, and we knew going into the game exactly what they play, and that to me is the mark of a really good team is when they do kind of say what you’re going to do but you do it so well that they really are not able to stop you anyway.”

Much respect for Tom Brady.

Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/#ixzz0xXSeAoEo

kwill29
08-24-2010, 11:52 AM
Everyone knew that defense was nasty... Brady is still gay.

dolpns13
08-24-2010, 11:53 AM
He's still an ***

mfish41
08-24-2010, 11:58 AM
thank you wanstache for wasting such a good defense

nyjunc
08-24-2010, 12:20 PM
Everyone knew that defense was nasty... Brady is still gay.

That defense was nasty until a big game or a big moment in a game.

akfinfan
08-24-2010, 12:20 PM
Wasn't Wanny running the show then.....lol

wonderl33t
08-24-2010, 12:22 PM

Not really. That D was just a horrible matchup for their particular offense. It was a good D, but not great.

DOLFAN561
08-24-2010, 12:26 PM
@ JUNK^^^^ I finally like something you said LOL^^^^ this is the REALIST thing that will be posted all day

DphinBillkiller
08-24-2010, 12:36 PM
Tom Brady will get to meet Karlos Dansby and some new Dolphin defenders this year. I hope they give him more than a few sacks to remember. :hump:

Penthos
08-24-2010, 12:50 PM
thank you wanstache for wasting such a good defense

I prefer to give the majority of credit to Jim Bates, he was our Defensive coordinator from 2000-2004. Patrick Surtain, Sam Madison with Jason Taylor, Zach Thomas and little Trace Armstrong... That was a good defense.

kwill29
08-24-2010, 01:23 PM

It was more of a fiedler fail fest.

Dominate
08-24-2010, 01:40 PM
At the end of this season I want to hear Brady say that the 2010 Dolphins defense was the best he's ever played against!

qmar
08-24-2010, 01:40 PM
Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/#ixzz0xXSeAoEo

I think you could replace "Miami Defense 8-10 yrs ago" with "the Wildcat the last 2 years". It's the same exact thing. We have the personnel to make it work even when the other team knows it's coming and knows what we are going to do out of the formation (for the most part). Sorry, didn't mean to morph this into a Wildcat thread.

Mr. Magoo
08-24-2010, 01:46 PM
Brady struggles against good cover 2, press man under defenses, which is what those Dolphins teams ran. It's no coincidence that the '07 Giants ran that kind of defense too and suffocated him in the Super Bowl. The key is being able to rush the passer with four guys, and those Dolphins teams had Jason Taylor and Trace Armstrong coming around the edge. The Giants had Strahan, Osi and Tuck. In retrospect the whole thing makes perfect sense.

dolpns13
08-24-2010, 01:46 PM
Tom Brady will get to meet Karlos Dansby and some new Dolphin defenders this year. I hope they give him more than a few sacks to remember. :hump:

I hope Karlos Dansby doesnt turn out to be the Rats version of Adalius Thomas...

JT-forpresident
08-24-2010, 01:48 PM

kinda like the jets' D last year, that monday nighter when they couldve won on the final play, but didn't ?

nyjunc
08-24-2010, 02:05 PM

Then why did they get hammered w/ Marino at QB? Those D's were paper tigers, they'd play well for 2-3 months then as the games got bigger they got smaller.

kinda like the jets' D last year, that monday nighter when they couldve won on the final play, but didn't ?

Our D didn't close games but we did something those dolphin D's never did and that was reach an AFC Title Game. Your teams w/ those supposed great D's were never even close to a title game. In the 3 div rd games they played they lost by a combined score of 127-10.

Dolphination73
08-24-2010, 02:26 PM
Then why did they get hammered w/ Marino at QB? Those D's were paper tigers, they'd play well for 2-3 months then as the games got bigger they got smaller.

Our D didn't close games but we did something those dolphin D's never did and that was reach an AFC Title Game. Your teams w/ those supposed great D's were never even close to a title game. In the 3 div rd games they played they lost by a combined score of 127-10.

And here we go.... YET AGAIN!!!!! LMFAO!!
It is beyond borderline comical at this point how this line gets repeated over and over and OVER again!! Haha
And we all know that Jets really EARNED that playoff berth and didn't beat an injury-riddled Bengals team and a Chargers team that ALWAYS chokes in the playoffs unless they're playing the Colts! :)

Nappy Roots
08-24-2010, 02:29 PM
Image that defense with a good coach behind it, changing plays up and such. It would of been great. Instead...it was just good.

nyjunc
08-24-2010, 02:29 PM
It is beyond borderline comical at this point how this line gets repeated over and over and OVER again!! Haha
And we all know that Jets really EARNED that playoff berth and didn't beat an injury-riddled Bengals team and a Chargers team that ALWAYS chokes in the playoffs unless they're playing the Colts! :)

It's a relevant fact, I'm sorry it bothers you so much but your supposed great D of the late 90s-early 00s never came close to reaching a title game.

You realize SD won playoff games in both 2007 and 2008, right? You also realize that baltimore hadn't won a playoff game in 7 years prior to beating Miami in 2008, right? Keep those excuses flowing.

nyjunc
08-24-2010, 02:32 PM
Image that defense with a good coach behind it, changing plays up and such. It would of been great. Instead...it was just good.

Isn't it amazing how dallas was able to have a great D and win a SB w/ Wanny as DC and JJ as coach just like Miami had in 1999? You can blame coaching but no matter who was coaching that D int he late 90s-early 00s they found ways to choke in big spots.

SpurzN703
08-24-2010, 02:33 PM
Hey look, the Jets get mentioned here again despite Tom Brady saying nothing about them in his particular quote. Mods, let's rename this site. It is Finheaven no longer

Nappy Roots
08-24-2010, 02:44 PM
Isn't it amazing how dallas was able to have a great D and win a SB w/ Wanny as DC and JJ as coach just like Miami had in 1999? You can blame coaching but no matter who was coaching that D int he late 90s-early 00s they found ways to choke in big spots.

huh? yes, they won with a great D, and a great O as well...

how is that relevent to this conversation? go day dream of sanchez in the shower or something.

Vaark
08-24-2010, 02:47 PM
... and then of course compare our "choking" defense against the much over-hyped 09 "vaunted" Jets" who, in the 1.5 games without Curtis Painter* the Colts starters were actually trying to win, choked up 39pts vs the Sanders-less less-heralded Colts' D which only conceded 20pts... including 24 unanswered pts in the last 31 mins

So everything is relative.

*28% completion %, 0TDs, 2 Ints, 9.8% QB rating/2games

nyjunc
08-24-2010, 02:48 PM
huh? yes, they won with a great D, and a great O as well...

how is that relevent to this conversation? go day dream of sanchez in the shower or something.

Ohh so it's the offenses fault you gave up 31 pts to Denver and 55 to jax in '98 and '99? Got it.:rolleyes2:

nyjunc
08-24-2010, 02:50 PM
... and then of course compare our "choking" defense against the much over-hyped 09 "vaunted" Jets" who, in the 1.5 games without Curtis Painter* the Colts starters were actually trying to win, choked up 39pts vs the Sanders-less less-heralded Colts' D which only conceded 20pts... including 24 unanswered pts in the last 31 mins

So everything is relative.

*28% completion %, 0TDs, 2 Ints, 9.8% QB rating/2games

Here comes the queen of excuses. Did those "great" dolphin D's ever make a conf title game? What were the scores of their div rd playoff games?

You do realize the 9 pts Indy scored in the first half of the 1st game would prorate to 18 pts so in essence it was 48 pts in 2 games, an average of 24 per game- Indy averaged 26 PPG during the reg season.

NBP81
08-24-2010, 02:55 PM
freaking tired of every thread getting hi jacked by NY JETS posters... its just getting out of hand

Nappy Roots
08-24-2010, 02:58 PM
Ohh so it's the offenses fault you gave up 31 pts to Denver and 55 to jax in '98 and '99? Got it.:rolleyes2:

yea the same defensive coordinator that helped the cowboys go 1-15, then 7-9, then let up 38 in the playoffs to the Lions in the playoffs the next season? yes the won the super bowl next year. They averaged 39 points a game in the playoffs, so their offense wasnt what won them the superbowl?

WesternNYDolfan
08-24-2010, 03:04 PM
I prefer to give the majority of credit to Jim Bates, he was our Defensive coordinator from 2000-2004. Patrick Surtain, Sam Madison with Jason Taylor, Zach Thomas and little Trace Armstrong... That was a good defense.

How could you forget Tim Bowens? the man who kept lineman off Zach, or Marion, the guy making the plays over the top while Madison and Surtain locked everyone down?...Daryl Gardner just for kicks

Clipse
08-24-2010, 03:06 PM

Yea Junc does a great job holding on to a fluke season as if it were a Superbowl victory. Junc is a good sport though, he'll eat his crow when the Jets continue to be complete **** in the regular season, this time not playing backups and missing the playoffs altogether.

Vaark
08-24-2010, 03:11 PM
Here comes the queen of excuses. Did those "great" dolphin D's ever make a conf title game? What were the scores of their div rd playoff games?

You do realize the 9 pts Indy scored in the first half of the 1st game would prorate to 18 pts so in essence it was 48 pts in 2 games, an average of 24 per game- Indy averaged 26 PPG during the reg season.

and here comes the petulant spinning whiner when anybody refutes his bull**** with irrefutable facts.... and the fact remains is that the only reason the 7-7-2 Jets got anywhere is because Polian and Caldwell allowed them to. You can cite a win over dead-team walking Cincinatti all you want, but the fact remains that even as a 3-4 team outscored by 40 pts in their last 7 games, Cinci, a playoff pretender for sure, at least deserved to be there a helluva lot more than the jest.

nyjunc
08-24-2010, 03:12 PM
freaking tired of every thread getting hi jacked by NY JETS posters... its just getting out of hand

Show me where I hijacked a thread?

yea the same defensive coordinator that helped the cowboys go 1-15, then 7-9, then let up 38 in the playoffs to the Lions in the playoffs the next season? yes the won the super bowl next year. They averaged 39 points a game in the playoffs, so their offense wasnt what won them the superbowl?

You do know they completely rebuilt the team starting in 1989, right?

Yes they had a great O but they also had a great D, a D that shut down a high powered Niners offnese on the road in the title game, a D that allowed 3 pts in the competitive portion of the div rd and 10 pts in the competitive portion of the SB.

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

and here comes the petulant spinning whiner when anybody refutes his bull**** with irrefutable facts.... and the fact remains is that the only reason the 7-7-2 Jets got anywhere is because Polian and Caldwell allowed them to. You can cite a win over dead-team walking Cincinatti all you want, but the fact remains that even as a 3-4 team outscored by 40 pts in their last 7 games, Cinci, a playoff pretender for sure, at least deserved to be there a helluva lot more than the jest.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/08/stop_making_excuses1300x225-1.jpg

WesternNYDolfan
08-24-2010, 03:12 PM

It was the offenses fault to a degree. The defense played such great football throughout the year in spite of an offense that was no help, it eventually wore down. You can't shut everybody out, especially when you're going right back onto the field after 3 and outs. It was also an injury issue, by that time of the year those defenses were always nicked up, and when you play the same defense every play it relies on you having great personel and if those players are hurt, it just won't work as well, (see Giants D last year) not to mention depth wasn't really that defenses strong suit (except for on the d-line, but even that was a bit thin)

rev kev
08-24-2010, 03:13 PM
Yes Wanny ran the ball and played D - they were a play or two away from getting past the Pats - hell of a lot better than Coach Johnson Saban or CamRam

Yessir
08-24-2010, 03:18 PM
junc and all his Jets buddy are so typical with that "30 minutes from the superbowl/AFC Title game" company line.

We don't care about your fluke *** post-season run LOL.

You got SLICED and DICED by Peyton. Who went on to lose the superbowl. You beat the Chargers who have been choking dogs since forever. Big F'ing deal. Hooraayy!! lmao.

As for Brady....Gay. We don't any props from Tom Terrific

I want Cam Wake to pile drive Tom Terrific into the ground again.

rev kev
08-24-2010, 03:19 PM
Hey look, the Jets get mentioned here again despite Tom Brady saying nothing about them in his particular quote. Mods, let's rename this site. It is Finheaven no longer

Maybe I should start a NY Jets thread within this thread..., oh wait it has already been done.. spell
HI JACK

PATSSUCK
08-24-2010, 03:21 PM

Jets still havent won anything in 40 years. PERIOD. They havent won the AFC. They havent won a Super Bowl or even being to one. They havent even won the AFC East in a while. I think you being so excited about actually reaching the AFC title game, shows how pathetic an organization
the Jets are. We havent reached one since 1992, I get that. At least we have been to 5 Super Bowls. OMG, I have never seen the fans of a organization that has done so little, talk so much crap. You were freaken 9-7 and you got to the AFC title game.... guess who else did that.... The 1996 Colts, who almost beat the Steelers. What did they do the next year?

You do realize the Colts scored 30 points on you guys in the title game right? Who cares? You lost..... Rex has not won ****. He is a classless piece of **** just like his dad.

dolpns13
08-24-2010, 03:23 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: totally effin awesome... I nominate this as quote of the year!!!

PATSSUCK
08-24-2010, 03:23 PM
junc and all his Jets buddy are so typical with that "30 minutes from the superbowl/AFC Title game" company line.

You got SLICED and DICED by Peyton. Who went on to lose the superbowl. You beat the Chargers who have been choking doggs since forever. Big F'ing deal. Hooraayy!! lmao.

They are Jets fans. Their organization has been an embarrassment for almost 40 years... give them a break. lol

nyjunc
08-24-2010, 03:24 PM
It was the offenses fault to a degree. The defense played such great football throughout the year in spite of an offense that was no help, it eventually wore down. You can't shut everybody out, especially when you're going right back onto the field after 3 and outs. It was also an injury issue, by that time of the year those defenses were always nicked up, and when you play the same defense every play it relies on you having great personel and if those players are hurt, it just won't work as well, (see Giants D last year) not to mention depth wasn't really that defenses strong suit (except for on the d-line, but even that was a bit thin)

Baltimore won a SB w/ worse Os than some of those Miami teams. The O doesn't go blameless but that was a team built to win on D and they struggled in big spots.

Shut everybody out? From 1997-2001 they averaged allowing 29 PPG(I took away pts scored by opposing Ds) in playoff losses, it's hard to win playoff games allowing an average of 29 PPG.

You got SLICED and DICED by Peyton. Who went on to lose the superbowl. You beat the Chargers who have been choking dogs since forever. Big F'ing deal. Hooraayy!! lmao.

As for Brady....Gay. We don't any want props from Tom Terrific.

I want Cam Wake to pile drive Tom Terrific into the ground again.

I love the whiny excuses. Again I ask if the Chargers were chokers than what were the Ravens in 2008? SD had won playoff games in 2 straight postseasons, Baltimore hadn't won a playoff game since 2001.

Maybe I should start a NY Jets thread within this thread..., oh wait it has already been done.. spell
HI JACK

Don't bring up the Jets. Just b/c I post doesn't mean you or others have to bring up the Jets.

dolpns13
08-24-2010, 03:26 PM

Laverneous was pretty much the main culprit in the Jets winning what with the way he played during that game. I am convinced he was paid off by the Jets prior to kickoff.

nyjunc
08-24-2010, 03:28 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: totally effin awesome... I nominate this as quote of the year!!!

It should be the board motto, it's just another set of excuses.

Jets still havent won anything in 40 years. PERIOD. They havent won the AFC. They havent won a Super Bowl or even being to one. They havent even won the AFC East in a while. I think you being so excited about actually reaching the AFC title game, shows how pathetic an organization
the Jets are. We havent reached one since 1992, I get that. At least we have been to 5 Super Bowls. OMG, I have never seen the fans of a organization that has done so little, talk so much crap. You were freaken 9-7 and you got to the AFC title game.... guess who else did that.... The 1996 Colts, who almost beat the Steelers. What did they do the next year?

You do realize the Colts scored 30 points on you guys in the title game right? Who cares? You lost..... Rex has not won ****. He is a classless piece of **** just like his dad.

and you guys haven't won anything 37 years so what is your point?

Rex has 2 playoff wins, that's 2 more playoff wisn than the great Tony Sparano has ever been a part of.

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

Laverneous was pretty much the main culprit in the Jets winning the way he played during that game. I am convinced he was paid off by the Jets prior to kickoff.

Yeah, he was only the best player on the field not named Cedric benson for the Bengals until he got hurt and couldn't finish the game.

Yessir
08-24-2010, 03:28 PM
LOL who cares about going to the AFC title game?

All I care about is a superbowl VICTORY. If you aint doin that, then shut up. .

Patriots have won 3 super bowls this decade. I can take crap from a Patsies fan (even though they're cheaters). But from junc and his crownies? Child please.

"WE WERE 30 MINUTES FROM THE SUPER BOWL...UNTIL PEYTON CARVED UP OUR 'VAUNTED' DEFENSE LOL.

Get the ..... outta here!

Jets aint seein no parts of no superbowl with Mark Sanchez at quarterback.

nyjunc
08-24-2010, 03:31 PM
LOL exactly who cares about going to the AFC title game?

All I care about is a superbowl VICTORY. If you aint doin that, then shut up. .

Patriots have won 3 super bowls this decade. I can take crap from a Patsies fan (even though they're cheaters). But from junc and his crownies? Child please.

"WE WERE 30 MINUTES FROM THE SUPER BOWL...UNTIL PEYTON CARVED UP OUR 'VAUNTED' DEFENSE LOL.

Get the ..... outta here!

Jets aint seein no parts of no superbowl with Mark Sanchez at quarterback.

To translate that to English the Jets will be going to the Super Bowl. Thanks but I'm not quite sure we are SB ready just yet.

The AFC Title Game isn't a big deal to you guys b/c you haven't seen one in nearly 20 years BUT if you made one you'd be talking about it too especially when jealous rival fans try to diminish what your team did.

Yessir
08-24-2010, 03:33 PM
Excuses? Who's making excuses? Just keeping it real.

Your team was GIFTWRAPPED a post-season birth.

If the Colts actaully decided to play, your team would've been 8-8, and on the outside looking in.

Again, congrats on your fluke run. If you make something of next year, and actually win 10+(the real way) games and or win the division, maybe you'll get props from me.

Until then? Shaddup...

Yessir
08-24-2010, 03:36 PM
Also, 2008 or 2009 Baltimore would've wiped the FLOOR with the Jets last year.

Ed Reed roaming centerfield, would nab ATLEAST 3 interceptions from Mark 'Sanchize'.

nyjunc
08-24-2010, 03:38 PM
Excuses? Who's making excuses? Just keeping it real.

Your team was GIFTWRAPPED a post-season birth.

If the Colts actaully decided to play, your team would've been 8-8, and on the outside looking in.

Again, congrats on your fluke run. If you make something of next year, and actually win 10+(the real way) games and or win the division, maybe you'll get props from me.

Until then? Shaddup...

A fluke run was your gift wrapped '08 div title where you were smacked into reality once in postseason. We proved we belonged w/ 2 road playoff wins but thanks for asking:up:

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

Also, 2008 or 2009 Baltimore would've wiped the FLOOR with the Jets last year.

Ed Reed roaming centerfield, would nab ATLEAST 3 interceptions from Mark 'Sanchize'.

It would have been a 6-3, 9-6 type of game but we definitely could have won. We played a tougher game against Indy, they only scored 3 pts against Indy's D what do you think they would have scored against our D?

fin13
08-24-2010, 03:42 PM
To translate that to English the Jets will be going to the Super Bowl. Thanks but I'm not quite sure we are SB ready just yet.

The AFC Title Game isn't a big deal to you guys b/c you haven't seen one in nearly 20 years BUT if you made one you'd be talking about it too especially when jealous rival fans try to diminish what your team did.

Did you actually see the fourth quarter of the AFC title game? If you did you should be embarrassed by how the invincible Jets D choked and looked second rate and never mind your running game it look to me alot like the game against Carolina this past Saturday.
Jets have always been wannabe chumps

nyjunc
08-24-2010, 03:44 PM
Did you actually see the fourth quarter of the AFC title game? If you did you should be embarrassed by how the invincible Jets D choked and looked second rate and never mind your running game it look to me alot like the game against Carolina this past Saturday.
Jets have always been wannabe chumps

Actually I was proud of my team for making it that far w/ a rookie HC and rookie QB and playing a competitive game on the road against a top flight team. Was I disappointed? of course but hopefully better days are ahead.

dolpns13
08-24-2010, 03:45 PM

Rex has 2 playoff wins, that's 2 more playoff wisn than the great Tony Sparano has ever been a part of.

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

Yeah, he was only the best player on the field not named Cedric benson for the Bengals until he got hurt and couldn't finish the game.

right.. all those dropped 3rd down conversions sure helped them win along with his 3rd down fumble. I think he may have evne dropped a would be TD pass.

Yessir
08-24-2010, 03:45 PM
lol we could do this all day, my man.

I'm never giving the Jets props until they actually derserve it. It's apparent you're signing the same tune with us. I'm done though.

Good luck, this season (not really). You're going to need it to prevent another sweep by the hand of the Fins....Better hope Revis gets signed asap in hope (and I do mean hope) of containing Marshall, or it won't even be a contest this time around!

nyjunc
08-24-2010, 03:49 PM
right.. all those dropped 3rd down conversions sure helped them win along with his 3rd down fumble. I think he may have evne dropped a would be TD pass.

He had the one fumble on a high throw that was stripped from him but he scored their lone pass TD and led the team in receiving despite playing a little more than half the game.

dolpns13
08-24-2010, 03:54 PM
He had the one fumble on a high throw that was stripped from him but he scored their lone pass TD and led the team in receiving despite playing a little more than half the game.

sure, however he made crucial mistakes that would have kept drives alive.

nyjunc
08-24-2010, 03:57 PM
sure, however he made crucial mistakes that would have kept drives alive.

He actually played well- as well as one could as our D completely shut down their pass O.

Clipse
08-24-2010, 03:58 PM

No doubt about it. If we made one playing real teams at the end of the season, without having the best kicker in the NFL miss two chipshots against us, I'd be pretty ecstatic. Unfortunately that wasn't the case with the Jets. You can clamor on about the fluke run all you want to, but deep inside you're smart enough to realize the Jets were a below average team in the regular season last year, and that will continue this year. Only difference is the Bills and the Bears won't be laying down for you like Cincy and the Colts. Jets will fail to make the playoffs and Jet fans will be screaming SOJ yet again.

rev kev
08-24-2010, 03:59 PM
TOM BRADY PRAISES DOLPHINS!

Was the the thread starter

Ilovemyfins4eva
08-24-2010, 04:05 PM
A fluke run was your gift wrapped '08 div title where you were smacked into reality once in postseason. We proved we belonged w/ 2 road playoff wins but thanks for asking:up:

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

It would have been a 6-3, 9-6 type of game but we definitely could have won. We played a tougher game against Indy, they only scored 3 pts against Indy's D what do you think they would have scored against our D?stop saying what you did in the playoffs, the colts basically said to you hey jets you want free tickets into the playoffs and you guys accepted like you should and took somewhat advantage.

do you honestly think if the dolphins or texans or steelers, etc last year were handed the same free tickets the jets were to the playoffs they couldnt have won a few games in the playoffs or possibly gone further. well after seeing the fins play the colts and saints that season, i can say that i dont think the fins would have had a problem with the freaking bengals or chargers.

u finished 9-7. i cant recall the last time we made the playoffs at 9-7. i can recall 2 times you have made the playoffs at 9-7 in the past 10 years, including 2002. stop bragging about opportunity like that, those come around as often as someone wins the lottery.

13Dolfan87
08-24-2010, 04:06 PM

Hate to say it but you're absolutely right. I've been saying that for years. It was always an overrated defense.

NY8123
08-24-2010, 04:09 PM

Reach it again this year and win, then brag.

Statler Waldorf
08-24-2010, 04:16 PM

Bates was just running the same system Wanny installed under Johnson the three previous years. Wanny was an outstanding Defensive Coordinator, case and point the Dallas Superbowl teams in the early 90s.

Statler Waldorf
08-24-2010, 04:21 PM

It would have been a 6-3, 9-6 type of game but we definitely could have won. We played a tougher game against Indy, they only scored 3 pts against Indy's D what do you think they would have scored against our D?

The cool thing is, we will get to see this mathup week 1! My prediction is that the Ravens will own your guys' new stadium after week 1.

Roman529
08-24-2010, 04:22 PM
It was nice hearing Brady say he hated the Jets and won't be watching their Hard Knocks show. I will never like any Patriot players, but I hate them less then the J-E-T-S.

rev kev
08-24-2010, 04:26 PM
Brady didn't fair to well but the Pats won... At least he understood the match ups at hand, even Peyton praised Zach...

PATSSUCK
08-24-2010, 04:27 PM

5 Super Bowls > 1 Super Bowl. FACT. More wins, Division titles, playoff appearances, playoff wins, Hall of Famers, etc. FACT.

You were 9-7. You were a fluke just like 1996 Colts. Rex Ryan still hasnt won ****. FACT. He inherited a better team than Sparano did. FACT. Before Sparano, Fins were 1-15 ( should have been winless.) With Sparano, they won 11 games ( including beating your panzy azz team at your house to end the season). Who cares who they played that year, show me the precedent of a team doing that? Yea, They lost to Baltimore that year bad. Baltimore also beat 13-3 Titans with them playing at home. FACT. Before Rex, Jets were 9-7. With Rex, Jets were 9-7. You guys are probably the most overrated team I have seen in 20 years.

nyjunc
08-24-2010, 04:41 PM
No doubt about it. If we made one playing real teams at the end of the season, without having the best kicker in the NFL miss two chipshots against us, I'd be pretty ecstatic. Unfortunately that wasn't the case with the Jets. You can clamor on about the fluke run all you want to, but deep inside you're smart enough to realize the Jets were a below average team in the regular season last year, and that will continue this year. Only difference is the Bills and the Bears won't be laying down for you like Cincy and the Colts. Jets will fail to make the playoffs and Jet fans will be screaming SOJ yet again.

You were pretty pumped up about the div title in '08 though, right? beating dead team after dead team and watching Favre hand you the week 17 game againsta dead Jets team.

If you guys make the playoffs again maybe we'll see SOD w/ a playoff humiliation?
[B]stop saying what you did in the playoffs, the colts basically said to you hey jets you want free tickets into the playoffs and you guys accepted like you should and took somewhat advantage.

do you honestly think if the dolphins or texans or steelers, etc last year were handed the same free tickets the jets were to the playoffs they couldnt have won a few games in the playoffs or possibly gone further. well after seeing the fins play the colts and saints that season, i can say that i dont think the fins would have had a problem with the freaking bengals or chargers.

u finished 9-7. i cant recall the last time we made the playoffs at 9-7. i can recall 2 times you have made the playoffs at 9-7 in the past 10 years, including 2002. stop bragging about opportunity like that, those come around as often as someone wins the lottery.

The dolphins had destiny in their hands w/ 3 weeks to play and played 3 teams that weren't headed to the playoffs and lost all 3. Stop whining.

Our 2002 and 2009 teams were better than any dolphin team of the past 15 years or so.

Reach it again this year and win, then brag.

I'm not bragging, I'm just stating facts and I woudn't have to bring it up but there are so many whiners here trying to take credit away from my team that I have to bring it up.

The cool thing is, we will get to see this mathup week 1! My prediction is that the Ravens will own your guys' new stadium after week 1.

We'll see, it's going to be a tough game btw 2 really good teams that are mong the favorites in the AFC.

5 Super Bowls > 1 Super Bowl. FACT. More wins, Division titles, playoff appearances, playoff wins, Hall of Famers, etc. FACT.

You were 9-7. You were a fluke just like 1996 Colts. Rex Ryan still hasnt won ****. FACT. He inherited a better team than Sparano did. FACT. Before Sparano, Fins were 1-15 ( should have been winless.) With Sparano, they won 11 games ( including beating your panzy azz team at your house to end the season). Who cares who they played that year, show me the precedent of a team doing that? Yea, They lost to Baltimore that year bad. Baltimore also beat 13-3 Titans with them playing at home. FACT. Before Rex, Jets were 9-7. With Rex, Jets were 9-7. You guys are probably the most overrated team I have seen in 20 years.

You won 2 of those SBs and were humiliated in 2 of the 3 losses. Your profile says you are 29 which means you were 3-4 the last time Miami made a SB so you have never seen one.

We whipped 13-3 Tennessee on the road too.

Not all 9-7's are created equal, we played a much easier sched and had a future HOF QB in '08. You guys were 11-5 w/ that easy '08 sched and got smoked in postseason while we made it to the title game. Our 9-7 was better than your 11-5.

BobDole
08-24-2010, 04:53 PM
junc we can't keep having this 'paper tiger' conversation. the phins got murdered in TOP in those big games b/c fiedler couldn't keep the offense on the field. the defenses wore down for sure - but it wasn't entirely their fault. those were great defenses. they were stacked with talent and were plenty good enough to win a SB with. fiedler was the one that kept us from getting a ring. end of discussion.

oh yeah - and fugg tom brady and the horse he rode in on.

dolpns13
08-24-2010, 04:55 PM

well said!

Ilovemyfins4eva
08-24-2010, 04:57 PM
You were pretty pumped up about the div title in '08 though, right? beating dead team after dead team and watching Favre hand you the week 17 game againsta dead Jets team.

If you guys make the playoffs again maybe we'll see SOD w/ a playoff humiliation?

The dolphins had destiny in their hands w/ 3 weeks to play and played 3 teams that weren't headed to the playoffs and lost all 3. Stop whining.

Our 2002 and 2009 teams were better than any dolphin team of the past 15 years or so.

I'm not bragging, I'm just stating facts and I woudn't have to bring it up but there are so many whiners here trying to take credit away from my team that I have to bring it up.

We'll see, it's going to be a tough game btw 2 really good teams that are mong the favorites in the AFC.

You won 2 of those SBs and were humiliated in 2 of the 3 losses. Your profile says you are 29 which means you were 3-4 the last time Miami made a SB so you have never seen one.

We whipped 13-3 Tennessee on the road too.

Not all 9-7's are created equal, we played a much easier sched and had a future HOF QB in '08. You guys were 11-5 w/ that easy '08 sched and got smoked in postseason while we made it to the title game. Our 9-7 was better than your 11-5.
really? if those teams were better than any of our teams in the past 15 years, why the hell did they finish no better than 9-7? also i was young then so im not gonna say i remember vividly the 95, 96,97,98 teams so good but ur gonna tell me those teams led by marino, ur jet teams in 02 and 09 were better than?

how bout our 02 team? yes u finished ahead bc of tiebreakers, but we still had the same record, and that dolphin team choked. they were far more talented then that jet team that season and it wasnt even close. factor in that our starting qb fiedler missed some games due to a broken finger, and we win that division easily at 11-5, and the last 2 weeks mean crap.

if you want to say ur 02 team was alot better of a 9-7 team than our 08 team was 11-5, then u can try and argue, but dont pull this non sense how those teams were better than any of our teams the past 15 years.

SpurzN703
08-24-2010, 05:00 PM
HI JACK

It doesn't really matter anymore. You could start a conversation about bed sheets and the Jets would be mentioned thus creating 50 pages of the same 'Dolphins are forever horrible, Jets rule the world' bull****

nyjunc
08-24-2010, 05:02 PM
junc we can't keep having this 'paper tiger' conversation. the phins got murdered in TOP in those big games b/c fiedler couldn't keep the offense on the field. the defenses wore down for sure - but it wasn't entirely their fault. those were great defenses. they were stacked with talent and were plenty good enough to win a SB with. fiedler was the one that kept us from getting a ring. end of discussion.

oh yeah - and fugg tom brady and the horse he rode in on.

That's the excuse now? Fiedler didn't play in 1998 or 1999 when they ended their seasons w/ 38-3 and 62-7 losses.

When your D choked away the 2002 season against NE the O had the edge in TOP so what happened? The bottom line is those Ds were not great Ds, they had some great moments in reg seasons but as the games got bigger they played smaller.

nyjunc
08-24-2010, 05:07 PM
It doesn't really matter anymore. You could start a conversation about bed sheets and the Jets would be mentioned thus creating 50 pages of the same 'Dolphins are forever horrible, Jets rule the world' bull****

yeah b/c that is what I say:rolleyes2: Stop w/ the whining please. These threads turn b/c of DOLPHIN posters bringing up the Jets and it's usually them taking shots at the Jets and I correct them. I have said all offseason how good you guys are and how I think the division will be a dogfight but I guess unless I am saying the dolphins will win the SB and the Jets suck it's not good enough for you. Just please stop the whining and move along or contribute.

really? if those teams were better than any of our teams in the past 15 years, why the hell did they finish no better than 9-7? also i was young then so im not gonna say i remember vividly the 95, 96,97,98 teams so good but ur gonna tell me those teams led by marino, ur jet teams in 02 and 09 were better than?

how bout our 02 team? yes u finished ahead bc of tiebreakers, but we still had the same record, and that dolphin team choked. they were far more talented then that jet team that season and it wasnt even close. factor in that our starting qb fiedler missed some games due to a broken finger, and we win that division easily at 11-5, and the last 2 weeks mean crap.

if you want to say ur 02 team was alot better of a 9-7 team than our 08 team was 11-5, then u can try and argue, but dont pull this non sense how those teams were better than any of our teams the past 15 years.

You are too hung up on reg season records. In 2007 the Giants were 10-6 and the Pats 16-0 and the Giants won the SB. Our '01 team was 10-6 and that team wasn't anywhere near as good as our '02 team that was 9-7.

You can claim you were more talented in 2002 but you did choke so it's meaningless.

We had a million injuries early in 2002 starting 1-4, 2-5 so if you want to play that game we probably win 12 games or so if we were healthy all year.

Ilovemyfins4eva
08-24-2010, 05:09 PM
That's the excuse now? Fiedler didn't play in 1998 or 1999 when they ended their seasons w/ 38-3 and 62-7 losses.

When your D choked away the 2002 season against NE the O had the edge in TOP so what happened? The bottom line is those Ds were not great Ds, they had some great moments in reg seasons but as the games got bigger they played smaller.
your right, just like our d was not great, they had there moments, thats what your d was last year.

your d choked away 3 games in the regular season, including a 4th down play vs atlanta that everyone knew the ball was going to tony gonzalez, but yet u guys still couldnt stop them.

it amazes me how everyone thinks the jets have the best d in the league, bc im telling u rite now if polamalu stays healthy, and again thats a big if, then the steelers have the best d by far. and they also make big plays at big times and dont choke away games.

nyjunc
08-24-2010, 05:10 PM
[/B] your right, just like our d was not great, they had there moments, thats what your d was last year.

your d choked away 3 games in the regular season, including a 4th down play vs atlanta that everyone knew the ball was going to tony gonzalez, but yet u guys still couldnt stop them.

it amazes me how everyone thinks the jets have the best d in the league, bc im telling u rite now if polamalu stays healthy, and again thats a big if, then the steelers have the best d by far. and they also make big plays at big times and dont choke away games.

Our D was NOT great, it was the best the NFL had to offer in 2009 but it was not a truly great D. In year two w/ all the additions(including getting Jenkins back which is HUGE) I expect to be a great, dominant D.

The difference btw your old Ds and ours last year is that our D led us to two playoff wins and when we lost we didn't get humiliated.

SpurzN703
08-24-2010, 05:14 PM
yeah b/c that is what I say:rolleyes2: Stop w/ the whining please. These threads turn b/c of DOLPHIN posters bringing up the Jets and it's usually them taking shots at the Jets and I correct them. I have said all offseason how good you guys are and how I think the division will be a dogfight but I guess unless I am saying the dolphins will win the SB and the Jets suck it's not good enough for you. Just please stop the whining and move along or contribute.

The balls on you to be on my team's site and commanding me to do something when all you do is spew your self-proclaimed facts about the Jesus Jets. Give me a ****ing break with that **** already.

I understand that this **** gets brought up all of the time b/c some yoyos on this site hold a grudge against you or your team. There is a thing though called being the better man and letting **** go. I really have no clue as to why you stay and post here. I understand we have some really quality posters on this site who are rational and good people. Then of course you have folks who are new or too gullible to know when to STFU.

But I don't see where a fan of another team, the Jets no less, would enjoy being here. How many conversations have you gotten into in the last month have been about anything other than your team vs. ours? You're talking with others about games that happened 12 years ago for crissakes!

but I guess unless I am saying the dolphins will win the SB and the Jets suck it's not good enough for you.You also generalize what people say here WAY TOO MUCH. Do you really believe that speaking to me specifically like I was a 10 year old would make me feel like it's good enough for me?

BobDole
08-24-2010, 05:15 PM

those two marino seasons we just got handled on both sides of the ball. offense couldn't move it and the D couldn't stop it. outplayed pure and simple. embarrassing.

i thought we were talking about the fiedler years - when we were sending like 6-7 guys a year from the D to the probowl every season. those D's were great and wore down a lot in the 4th b/c fiedler couldn't keep the O on the field. as far as that ONE SINGLE GAME you mentioned - hell i don't know. i guess we sucked that day? no idea.

nyjunc
08-24-2010, 05:33 PM
The balls on you to be on my team's site and commanding me to do something when all you do is spew your self-proclaimed facts about the Jesus Jets. Give me a ****ing break with that **** already.

I understand that this **** gets brought up all of the time b/c some yoyos on this site hold a grudge against you or your team. There is a thing though called being the better man and letting **** go. I really have no clue as to why you stay and post here. I understand we have some really quality posters on this site who are rational and good people. Then of course you have folks who are new or too gullible to know when to STFU.

But I don't see where a fan of another team, the Jets no less, would enjoy being here. How many conversations have you gotten into in the last month have been about anything other than your team vs. ours? You're talking with others about games that happened 12 years ago for crissakes!

You also generalize what people say here WAY TOO MUCH. Do you really believe that speaking to me specifically like I was a 10 year old would make me feel like it's good enough for me?

Please stop, grow up already. Actually read the posts, if yo did you wouldn't be whining about me all the time today.

those two marino seasons we just got handled on both sides of the ball. offense couldn't move it and the D couldn't stop it. outplayed pure and simple. embarrassing.

i thought we were talking about the fiedler years - when we were sending like 6-7 guys a year from the D to the probowl every season. those D's were great and wore down a lot in the 4th b/c fiedler couldn't keep the O on the field. as far as that ONE SINGLE GAME you mentioned - hell i don't know. i guess we sucked that day? no idea.

Those D's never stepped up in big games which is what real big time D's do. Other D's have won more w/ lesser QBs and offenses.

Clipse
08-24-2010, 05:36 PM

What a lame excuse. Those teams we played weren't very good teams, but they were still starters, and didn't lay down for us. Favre handed us the game? Wow talk about grasping for straws. We beat you, plain and simple.

Just face the facts. You were a 9-7 team under Mangini, and a 9-7 team under Ryan. My mistake, you were a 7-7-2 team under Ryan. Very impressive! Not. 9-7 isn't playoff worthy at all either. Jets just simply aren't a very good team, and having an awful QB under center won't change that. You have blind confidence in your team, good for you. You really showed your true colors this year as the blind homer you've always been. Just be ready to eat some crow when the Jets have an epic collapse this season, or better yet stay on TGG, if even they can stand you, which they can't.

Jet Offensive
08-24-2010, 05:42 PM
At the end of this season I want to hear Brady say that the 2010 Dolphins defense was the best he's ever played against!

nah that's gonna be reserved for the 2010 jets defense. your defense might be better than it was last year.... idk we'll see. but the 2010 jets defense is gonna be NASTY!!!

SpurzN703
08-24-2010, 05:44 PM
Please stop, grow up already. Actually read the posts, if yo did you wouldn't be whining about me all the time today.

Or in your terms..............'I give up'

Mcganiel
08-24-2010, 05:44 PM
Brady's point is great, what he is saying is a really good team will execute and succeed even when the other team knows what's being called. Like our short yardage play this year, people will know we are going to run it but good luck stopping it with our oline depth and rbs we will be unstoppable in that situation. That's what makes great teams and we are finally getting the players to do this, man our front office rules.

Vaark
08-24-2010, 05:54 PM
Or in your terms..............'I give up'

Don't U find it ironically funny how she's always whining about "whining" ??

CW_McGraw
08-24-2010, 06:18 PM
Those D's never stepped up in big games which is what real big time D's do. Other D's have won more w/ lesser QBs and offenses.

Nobody said the early decade Dolphins defenses were the 2000 Ravens or 2002 Bucs. Please stop holding a defense that no one here has claimed to be all time great to an unrealistic, all time great standard. Besides, the awfulness of those offenses has been vastly overstated. Dilfer is probably the worst QB to ever win a Super Bowl, but he could at least be counted on not to throw 3 INTs a game, which is more than you could say about Jay Fiedler. Since this thread somehow became about last year's Jets, it should also be noted that the Jets offense did their part sufficiently well during this year's playoff run. They remained largely turnover free, ran the ball, made a big passing play once or twice a game, and helped the Jets win in the playoffs. Yeah, our defense **** the bed in a few playoff games, but most of the Dolphins failures can be attributed to bad offense/QB play.

Sirspud
08-24-2010, 06:37 PM
Tom Brady's comments about knowing what was coming but still not being able to beat it reminds me of Chad Pennington at QB. Too many people act like the league finally figured him out in a single game against an awesome Ravens defense in 2008, but the league "figured him out" much sooner than that and still were unable to prevent him from having playoff seasons numerous times throughout his career.

Eli_Manning
08-24-2010, 07:09 PM
It's good to see Tom Lady respecting greatness.

PhinsPhan11
08-24-2010, 07:47 PM
Brady's point is great, what he is saying is a really good team will execute and succeed even when the other team knows what's being called. Like our short yardage play this year, people will know we are going to run it but good luck stopping it with our oline depth and rbs we will be unstoppable in that situation. That's what makes great teams and we are finally getting the players to do this, man our front office rules.
I totally agree with Brady's points. The good teams can execute the plays they have to even though what the other team is going to do.

SpurzN703
08-24-2010, 08:10 PM
Don't U find it ironically funny how she's always whining about "whining" ??

I guess. I didn't consider what I said whining but when there's no further comeback to the conversation, it sure is easy to call someone names and bow out.

PATSSUCK
08-24-2010, 09:21 PM
I love how the fan of team, that has a below.500 record all-time, talks about our team not being clutch. Jets have a grand total of 10 playoff wins ALL-TIME. They have won the divison 3 times. I would be embarrassed, but not jet fans, they puff up their chests like they actually done anything since 1969.

dreday
08-24-2010, 09:25 PM
Juck the Fets!

this...

X-Pacolypse
08-24-2010, 09:41 PM

Agreed. Fiedler was garbage.

madisonfan90
08-24-2010, 09:42 PM
HA this thread was about Marino agreeing with Brady but somehow turned into a Dolphins - Jets team comparison of the last 10 years. You know what NYJunc = SPAM POSTER. But hey congrats this thread has been officially Hi jacked. In the end though as always the Jets still blow so I wont complain.

madisonfan90
08-24-2010, 09:46 PM
Back on topic now....I would have to say are defenses back then where some of the best as far as talent go's. But in actual wins and game performances they where ok. Glad to here they gave Brady a hard time.

Gitrdone
08-24-2010, 09:48 PM

You didn't prove you belonged anywhere, since the colts gave you a playoff berth and took it away. What you did prove was that a team with a good Defense can do damage if they make it into the playoffs. So the fluke was you guys making it into the playoffs, not what you did once you got there.

Statler Waldorf
08-25-2010, 01:48 AM
Just for all the Jets fans on this board.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXdhawDvTMU

nyjunc
08-25-2010, 08:23 AM
What a lame excuse. Those teams we played weren't very good teams, but they were still starters, and didn't lay down for us. Favre handed us the game? Wow talk about grasping for straws. We beat you, plain and simple.

Just face the facts. You were a 9-7 team under Mangini, and a 9-7 team under Ryan. My mistake, you were a 7-7-2 team under Ryan. Very impressive! Not. 9-7 isn't playoff worthy at all either. Jets just simply aren't a very good team, and having an awful QB under center won't change that. You have blind confidence in your team, good for you. You really showed your true colors this year as the blind homer you've always been. Just be ready to eat some crow when the Jets have an epic collapse this season, or better yet stay on TGG, if even they can stand you, which they can't.

They were still starters? Like JP Losman, Shaun Hill and Tyler Thigpen?

Did you see Favre's inspiring pre game speech? Did you see him almost a hand a TD to a DE? We were playing AWFUL football yet you guys squeaked out a W against a team playing awful football.

The facts are we were 9-7 against a creampuff sched in 2008, a year we lost to NE in Matt Cassell's first start since HS, lost to a Jamarcus Russell led Raider team and a Seneca Wallace led Seahawks team. In 2009 we won 9 games against a tougher sched, earned a playoff spot and vaildated that playoff spot by winning 2 road playoff games.

Did we get a break? Absolutely but we took advantage of it much like you guys took advantage of your breaks in 2008. The difference is once in posteason we proved we belonged while you guys were exposed as frauds.

If we suck I'll be hear to take whatever abuse you want to give me. I always have been, I never run and hide.

Nobody said the early decade Dolphins defenses were the 2000 Ravens or 2002 Bucs. Please stop holding a defense that no one here has claimed to be all time great to an unrealistic, all time great standard. Besides, the awfulness of those offenses has been vastly overstated. Dilfer is probably the worst QB to ever win a Super Bowl, but he could at least be counted on not to throw 3 INTs a game, which is more than you could say about Jay Fiedler. Since this thread somehow became about last year's Jets, it should also be noted that the Jets offense did their part sufficiently well during this year's playoff run. They remained largely turnover free, ran the ball, made a big passing play once or twice a game, and helped the Jets win in the playoffs. Yeah, our defense **** the bed in a few playoff games, but most of the Dolphins failures can be attributed to bad offense/QB play.

Actually through the years on here many have argued it was on a level w/ those defenses and to be a good as you guys think they were they wouldn't have lost games 38-3 and 62-7.

Dilfer isn't the worst QB to ever win a SB, he wasn't a star QB but he wasn't a bad QB.

I love how now it's Jay Fiedler's fault those Defenses choked especially when two of those D's biggest chokes came w/ marino and the biggest choke of the '00s when Miami lost to an awful Minnesota team in week 16 of '02 then choked away a big late lead against NE the next week Fiedler had a grand total of 1 INT in those 2 games while the opposing QBs threw 3.

I guess. I didn't consider what I said whining but when there's no further comeback to the conversation, it sure is easy to call someone names and bow out.

I find it hysterical you are agreeing w/ the board's unfunny clown.

When have I bowed out? You are doing nothing but whining lately and it's directed towards me as if I am the one taking the threads off topic.

I love how the fan of team, that has a below.500 record all-time, talks about our team not being clutch. Jets have a grand total of 10 playoff wins ALL-TIME. They have won the divison 3 times. I would be embarrassed, but not jet fans, they puff up their chests like they actually done anything since 1969.

What do the 70s and 80s have to do w/ recent history?

You didn't prove you belonged anywhere, since the colts gave you a playoff berth and took it away. What you did prove was that a team with a good Defense can do damage if they make it into the playoffs. So the fluke was you guys making it into the playoffs, not what you did once you got there.

We won TWO playoff games on the ROAD. We proved we belonged.

lurking
08-25-2010, 08:35 AM
the only thing they proved is, LUCK does exist

nyjunc
08-25-2010, 08:44 AM
the only thing they proved is, LUCK does exist

Every team needs a little luck, you gusy got it w/ Brady going out for the year in '08 and us choking down the stretch. We had some luck w/ the qtr and a half of backups and some kickers missing kicks, Indy had it w/ half our secondary going down and our kicker missing kicks, NO had it w/ that controversial call against Minny in OT and w/ the Favre INT. You always need a little luck along the way. We also had a ton of bad luck last year too.

Tunaphish429
08-25-2010, 09:13 AM
Every team needs a little luck, you gusy got it w/ Brady going out for the year in '08 and us choking down the stretch. We had some luck w/ the qtr and a half of backups and some kickers missing kicks, Indy had it w/ half our secondary going down and our kicker missing kicks, NO had it w/ that controversial call against Minny in OT and w/ the Favre INT. You always need a little luck along the way. We also had a ton of bad luck last year too.

It was not luck that Tom Brady got hurt....Pollard hit his knee and broke him..The Jets choking was not luck either...Miami was the better team and they proved it...

nyjunc
08-25-2010, 09:18 AM
It was not luck that Tom Brady got hurt....Pollard hit his knee and broke him..The Jets choking was not luck either...Miami was the better team and they proved it...

It was good luck for the rest of the division and conference that Brady wouldn't play again in 2008.

We had the more talented team in 2008, it was good luck for you gys that we choked down the stretch just as it was good luck for us teams like Miami choked down the stretch in 2009.

Tunaphish429
08-25-2010, 09:36 AM
It was good luck for the rest of the division and conference that Brady wouldn't play again in 2008.

We had the more talented team in 2008, it was good luck for you gys that we choked down the stretch just as it was good luck for us teams like Miami choked down the stretch in 2009.

Its not luck when somone gets hurt...Its a part of the game..Its not like rolling a dice or playing cards..There is not luck involved..

There is no luck when teams play each other..there are different varibles...The Jets lost to teams down the stretch because other teams beat them..Flat out..

Just like Miami got beat last year...Flat out....

Fans say something was lucky to make themselves feel better about losing..

SpurzN703
08-25-2010, 09:36 AM
I find it hysterical you are agreeing w/ the board's unfunny clown.

When have I bowed out? You are doing nothing but whining lately and it's directed towards me as if I am the one taking the threads off topic.

If you think I'm whining then fine, no hair off my ***. Your presence in these threads are what takes the threads off topic. There isn't a single thread on this site that mentions the Jets without you in it interjecting your views. Valid or not your arguments with the people on this site seem like they won't ever end. When the ratio of Dolphins posters vs. you on here is 100 to 1, of course you'll be spewing the same **** you always talk about for weeks on end.

Just look at your argument. You acknowledge that the Dolphins only won the division two years ago b/c Brady was hurt so in a sense they didn't really do anything. But then when the point is brought up on the Colts sitting their players vs. the Jets in that final game of the regular season last year, it's a valid as a waitress at Hooters.

That comparison will get under the skin of everyone here thus creating page after page of the same usual and tired talk.

SpurzN703
08-25-2010, 09:38 AM

How is it luck when a team loses games? That isn't luck. It shows which team was better. That's an asinine assumption.

nyjunc
08-25-2010, 09:42 AM
Its not luck when somone gets hurt...Its a part of the game..Its not like rolling a dice or playing cards..There is not luck involved..

There is no luck when teams play each other..there are different varibles...The Jets lost to teams down the stretch because other teams beat them..Flat out..

Just like Miami got beat last year...Flat out....

Fans say something was lucky to make themselves feel better about losing..

Missed FGs are part of the game too though, right? It was still good luck for the rest of the teams competing w/ NE that Brady wasn't playing.

In every game there are plays that can be considered good luck or bad luck. Good teams take advantage, bad teams don't.

If you think I'm whining then fine, no hair off my ***. Your presence in these threads are what takes the threads off topic. There isn't a single thread on this site that mentions the Jets without you in it interjecting your views. Valid or not your arguments with the people on this site seem like they won't ever end. When the ratio of Dolphins posters vs. you on here is 100 to 1, of course you'll be spewing the same **** you always talk about for weeks on end.

Just look at your argument. You acknowledge that the Dolphins only won the division two years ago b/c Brady was hurt so in a sense they didn't really do anything. But then when the point is brought up on the Colts sitting their players vs. the Jets in that final game of the regular season last year, it's a valid as a waitress at Hooters.

That comparison will get under the skin of everyone here thus creating page after page of the same usual and tired talk.

I am a valuable member of this board, I add my opinions. Sometimes I say good things and sometimes I don't. I'm always honest, it's other posters that see me post and have to foolishly slam me or my team rather than stick to the topic at hand. That's not my fault.

I wish you would actually rad the posts instead of using your own interpretation. I have always said Miami earned that div title, I am just using the faulty logic of the whiners on the board about how we were given a playoff spot. We both had some good luck that we capitalized and earned our playoff spots, I only bring up that point when I see others whining about our '09 playoff spot.

I've always acknowledged we got a break getting Indy backups for a qtr and a half and we took advantage of that break just like you guys took advantage of the bigger break of a Brady less season. We had the same chances to take advantage and we didn't just like you had chances to make the playoffs last year and you didn't.

nyjunc
08-25-2010, 09:44 AM
How is it luck when a team loses games? That isn't luck. It shows which team was better. That's an asinine assumption.

It's good luck for the teams they are competing w/ in the race. heading into December '08 most "experts" thought the Jets had the div locked up. Miami needed us to lose multiple games and we lost multiple games to teams we were better than so that was good lck for you. In order to even make that Colts game relevant last year we needed a bunch of teams to lose and they all lost- that was good luck for us.

Tunaphish429
08-25-2010, 09:47 AM
Missed FGs are part of the game too though, right? It was still good luck for the rest of the teams competing w/ NE that Brady wasn't playing.

In every game there are plays that can be considered good luck or bad luck. Good teams take advantage, bad teams don't.

I am a valuable member of this board, I add my opinions. Sometimes I say good things and sometimes I don't. I'm always honest, it's other posters that see me post and have to foolishly slam me or my team rather than stick to the topic at hand. That's not my fault.

I wish you would actually rad the posts instead of using your own interpretation. I have always said Miami earned that div title, I am just using the faulty logic of the whiners on the board about how we were given a playoff spot. We both had some good luck that we capitalized and earned our playoff spots, I only bring up that point when I see others whining about our '09 playoff spot.

I've always acknowledged we got a break getting Indy backups for a qtr and a half and we took advantage of that break just like you guys took advantage of the bigger break of a Brady less season. We had the same chances to take advantage and we didn't just like you had chances to make the playoffs last year and you didn't.

No its not luck..If a kicker misses a fg its his fault..unless it gets block but even then its partly his fault...Luck is throwing dice, its drawing a card..

When athletes are out there competing they are trying to beat the other team..Dice are not trying to beat you..neither are cards...

Miami benefited from Tom Brady's injury....Colts benefited when the Jets and Co missed fg's...

Just like the Jets benefited when the Colts sat their starters against the Jets in the first meeting..

There was no luck about it..

Ilovemyfins4eva
08-25-2010, 09:48 AM

we went 11-5. we didnt go 8-8 like the 06 giants or 08 chargers and get into the playoffs. 11-5 is a very respectable record. dont give me this luck nonsense 100 times. we didnt play a tough schedule that year, ur rite, but if i wouldve shown u our schedule before the season there is no way u look at it and say'' i think miami goes 11-5 no matter who was playing qb vs us week to week due to the fact we were freaking 1-15 the season before.

there r plenty of teams that make the playoffs with easy schedules. thats not tainted.

i think luck is when u play 2 of the better teams at the end of the year when they clinch everything, especially the best team in the regular season.

imagine if we were 7-7 this season entering the final 2 weeks and our final 2 games were at san diego and at green bay.

i know we dont play san diego this year but i used them as an example because there the most likely team in the nfl to have there division locked up early so i used them there, and then imagine if we played green bay week 17 when they prob will have everything locked up.

we would easily go 9-7 and win the final 2 games as would most teams, because although there records r good in the regular season, they wouldnt be putting the same team on the field those games that got them to that point.

get it through ur head. one was major luck, rarely seen in the nfl, and we, while yes we played an easy schedule[ although no team shouldve been considered easy for the team that was 1-15 the year before] we were 10-5 entering the last week of the season and had nothing clinched and we had to win a game on the road or go home. u get in at 9-7.

and as for ur point about the jets not caring, well guess what, if ur team didnt care enough to win vs there most hated division rivals [ yes more hated then the pats we have had a much longer and historic rivaly] then i question the lack of heart from the players on your team. i no new england wouldve gotten in instead, but do you really want a qb who u dumped for nothing right before the season coming into your place and beating u guys. that is really smart then not to try.

Clipse
08-25-2010, 09:49 AM
They were still starters? Like JP Losman, Shaun Hill and Tyler Thigpen?

Did you see Favre's inspiring pre game speech? Did you see him almost a hand a TD to a DE? We were playing AWFUL football yet you guys squeaked out a W against a team playing awful football.

The facts are we were 9-7 against a creampuff sched in 2008, a year we lost to NE in Matt Cassell's first start since HS, lost to a Jamarcus Russell led Raider team and a Seneca Wallace led Seahawks team. In 2009 we won 9 games against a tougher sched, earned a playoff spot and vaildated that playoff spot by winning 2 road playoff games.

Did we get a break? Absolutely but we took advantage of it much like you guys took advantage of your breaks in 2008. The difference is once in posteason we proved we belonged while you guys were exposed as frauds.

If we suck I'll be hear to take whatever abuse you want to give me. I always have been, I never run and hide.

Again. really grasping for straws. Both Hill and Thigpen were better than the guys they replaced. We beat you, plain and simple. Yes, we got exposed. Or it could be that we played a terrific team that was better than us while you played a team that was struggling mightily down the stretch then having the best kicker in football miss two chipshots, and another makable kick, before getting "exposed as the frauds you are" by the Colts.

Still 9-7 is 9-7, and that's not a very good record, not playoff worthy in the least bit, and the fact you needed 2 teams to lay down just to achieve that is sad.

I will give you that, you never run and hide. But the Jets won't make the playoffs and I look forward to you coming back down to earth to being the decent poster you used to be as opposed to the blind homer that's trolling the boards lately.

nyjunc
08-25-2010, 09:52 AM
No its not luck..If a kicker misses a fg its his fault..unless it gets block but even then its partly his fault...Luck is throwing dice, its drawing a card..

When athletes are out there competing they are trying to beat the other team..Dice are not trying to beat you..neither are cards...

Miami benefited from Tom Brady's injury....Colts benefited when the Jets and Co missed fg's...

Just like the Jets benefited when the Colts sat their starters against the Jets in the first meeting..

There was no luck about it..

Would the term good fortune be better for you?

Tunaphish429
08-25-2010, 09:57 AM
Would the term good fortune be better for you?

No it does not work...Beacause if someone or something is fortunate that means they have good luck..

Miami won the divison because they were the best team in 2008..

Miami had to go into Ny and beat them to make the playoffs..It was do or die...No dice throwing..No wheel spinning..No numbers coming out a plastic tube with Yolanda Vega reading off the numbers..Its 11 against 11...Man vs Man..

Since your from Ny you should get that junc...

Hey you never know!

nyjunc
08-25-2010, 09:59 AM
Again. really grasping for straws. Both Hill and Thigpen were better than the guys they replaced. We beat you, plain and simple. Yes, we got exposed. Or it could be that we played a terrific team that was better than us while you played a team that was struggling mightily down the stretch then having the best kicker in football miss two chipshots, and another makable kick, before getting "exposed as the frauds you are" by the Colts.

Still 9-7 is 9-7, and that's not a very good record, not playoff worthy in the least bit, and the fact you needed 2 teams to lay down just to achieve that is sad.

I will give you that, you never run and hide. But the Jets won't make the playoffs and I look forward to you coming back down to earth to being the decent poster you used to be as opposed to the blind homer that's trolling the boards lately.

They weren't starting caliber QBs in this league and weren't the starters for their teams when the season began.

You did beat us and you deserved the div title. You guys took advantage of the soft sched and we did not. We choked much like you guys choked last year which opened the door for us.

Our 9-7 last year was better than your 11-5 the year before b/c we played a tougher sched.

In some years 9-7 is good neough to get in, in other years it isn't. That doesn't mean a team that won 10 or 11 in one year is better than a team that won less games and made the playoffs in a different year- each year is different.

How am I a blind homer? B/c I have said I think Miami is really good and it will be a dogfight to win this division? I have never said we are winning the SB or even the division. In many situations I am forced to defend my team from dolphin homer/jet haters so that might be where the confusion comes from.

nyjunc
08-25-2010, 10:03 AM
No it does not work...Beacause if someone or something is fortunate that means they have good luck..

Miami won the divison because they were the best team in 2008..

Miami had to go into Ny and beat them to make the playoffs..It was do or die...No dice throwing..No wheel spinning..No numbers coming out a plastic tube with Yolanda Vega reading off the numbers..Its 11 against 11...Man vs Man..

Since your from Ny you should get that junc...

Hey you never know!

It was still good luck that we tanked the end of the year and were playing horrible football. if that game is played a month earlier we would have beaten you fairly easily but the schedule was good luck for you just like it was good luck for us to play Indy late in the year w/ things wrapped up. I'm not taking a shot at Miami, they did what they had to do and they earned the title but they had some good luck along the way.

Tunaphish429
08-25-2010, 10:13 AM
It was still good luck that we tanked the end of the year and were playing horrible football. if that game is played a month earlier we would have beaten you fairly easily but the schedule was good luck for you just like it was good luck for us to play Indy late in the year w/ things wrapped up. I'm not taking a shot at Miami, they did what they had to do and they earned the title but they had some good luck along the way.

Nope nothing lucky about it..Nfl makes the schedule they dont throw darts at a dart board to make the schedule..Miami played NY at the end of the year for a reason..Nfl thought it might make a difference as far as the divison is concerned..They may not have thought Miami was going to be the one in the divison hunt but they knew it would have def mattered? Do you think the Jets would have beat Miami if the game was not flexed to a night game? or was that just blind luck..

Look at it this way...If Indy needed that first Jet game would you have said...Its pretty bad luck that the Colts need this game otherwise they would be sitting their starters..No you would not ....No, the thought would have never crossed your mind...

j-off-her-doll
08-25-2010, 10:29 AM

I agree to an extent, but I think it had more to do with our undersized, speed-based D wearing down. Of course, big games are played at the end of the year.

VD21
08-25-2010, 10:37 AM
**** Tom Brady.

Phinatic8u
08-25-2010, 10:39 AM
**** Tom Brady.

Yeah, **** tha guy!!

nyjunc
08-25-2010, 10:43 AM
Nope nothing lucky about it..Nfl makes the schedule they dont throw darts at a dart board to make the schedule..Miami played NY at the end of the year for a reason..Nfl thought it might make a difference as far as the divison is concerned..They may not have thought Miami was going to be the one in the divison hunt but they knew it would have def mattered? Do you think the Jets would have beat Miami if the game was not flexed to a night game? or was that just blind luck..

Look at it this way...If Indy needed that first Jet game would you have said...Its pretty bad luck that the Colts need this game otherwise they would be sitting their starters..No you would not ....No, the thought would have never crossed your mind...

No one thought the Miami-NYJ game in week 17 would mean anything w/ the teams coming off 1 and 4 wins. The Favre/Chad moves weren't made until long after the scheds came out. It was good luck to play us in week 17 when we were dead just like it was our good luck to watch Indy foolishly take out their starters in week 16 of this past year.

WesternNYDolfan
08-25-2010, 11:09 AM
Well Junc, get all your **** talking in now, because by week 3 you'll be eating crow.

The Jets franchise sucks and you know it, they can't hold a candle to the Dolphins organization period.

So you talk about your playoff run last year. Big f'in deal, you guys squeaked in by a ***** hair because you played 2 teams that layed down for you. Then you played an injury decimated Bengals team for a second time and beat them, and played a 1 dimensional Chargers team that couldn't run the ball whatsoever and couldn't play defense, which worked to your teams strengths perfectly, after your lucky run you were dropped back to reality by a Colts team the Dolphins should've beaten last year if Gibril Wilson could tackle. (Oh and don't forget we beat you're great 09 squad TWICE!)

Don't try comparing your ****ty run last year with ours in 08 either. Teams we played down the stretch were actually trying, including your beloved Jets, week 17 in the ****ing Meadowlands!!! We went in there and handled business, give me a break with those "Jets were dead" excuses. Let me see, I'd say the Colts and Bengals second stringers were alot closer to dead than a Jets team playing with its starters, for its playoff lives in its home stadium. (Oh we got in the playoffs by winning the AFC East, when's the last time the Jets did that?) Then we ran into a buzzsaw of a team in the Ravens who had already seen us earlier in the season, with Ed Reed playing out of his mind, and Cam Cameron hyping his team up to beat the team "that didn't give him a chance" waahhh.

So, now that your fat **** of a coach has put the bullseye squarely on your teams chest, you will be getting everyone's super bowl performance, and you won't win more than 7 games this year, like you should've last year. Bask in the glory of your AFC Championship run now because that ****'ll all be crashing down soon.

Get used to this Sportscenter lead "What's wrong with the Jets"

and pundits saying "Well ya know, for all the hype this off season, the fact is they just might not be that good. Remember (other pundit's name here) the Jets barely made the playoffs last year, if it weren't for the Colts resting their starters, the Jets would've been another 500 ball club. So in the offseason, they get rid of their locker room leaders like Alan Faneca and Thomas Jones, have contract problems with their supposed best players, and bring in aging veterans who frankily don't seem to have it anymore, and on top of that proclaim to the league on National television that they are Super Bowl favorites. You've got to figure that has caused a volatile situation in the Jet locker room. And Sanchez is still a liability at QB, and in this league, if you can't throw the ball you can't win. I for one am not surprised by this teams collapse, and I know alot of people outside of New York aren't exactly sad about it either. That's all from here, back to you (Sports anchor's name)"

Mr. Magoo
08-25-2010, 12:10 PM
The part I don't understand is if we have to consider the context of Miami's victory over a "decimated" Jets team late in 2008 (which I think we do), how come that same standard doesn't also apply to not just Cincinnati and Indy at the end of the regular season, but also Cincinnati in the playoffs? Junc likes to argue that sure, the Jets backed in, but once they were in the playoffs they proved themselves.

Well, not so much. Cincy was a dead, sputtering team at the end of last season. Beating them in the playoffs isn't nothing but it certainly has to be taken into as much context as the Dolphins win over the Jets in the regular season finale in 2008, which for all intents and purposes was a playoff game.

The victory over San Diego is a much more meaningful one, in my view. On paper San Diego was a much better team, and were playing well, but their strengths and weakness really played into the Jets hands. And even then it took Kaeding ****ting the bed for it to happen.

nyjunc
08-25-2010, 12:25 PM
The part I don't understand is if we have to consider the context of Miami's victory over a "decimated" Jets team late in 2008 (which I think we do), how come that same standard doesn't also apply to not just Cincinnati and Indy at the end of the regular season, but also Cincinnati in the playoffs? Junc likes to argue that sure, the Jets backed in, but once they were in the playoffs they proved themselves.

Well, not so much. Cincy was a dead, sputtering team at the end of last season. Beating them in the playoffs isn't nothing but it certainly has to be taken into as much context as the Dolphins win over the Jets in the regular season finale in 2008, which for all intents and purposes was a playoff game.

The victory over San Diego is a much more meaningful one, in my view. On paper San Diego was a much better team, and were playing well, but their strengths and weakness really played into the Jets hands. And even then it took Kaeding ****ting the bed for it to happen.

That's the point, I only bring up your weak late season sched when you guys bring up the qtr and a half of backups against Indy. BOTH teams got some breaks and both took advantage- that is what good teams do.

SpurzN703
08-25-2010, 01:43 PM
It's good luck for the teams they are competing w/ in the race. heading into December '08 most "experts" thought the Jets had the div locked up. Miami needed us to lose multiple games and we lost multiple games to teams we were better than so that was good lck for you. In order to even make that Colts game relevant last year we needed a bunch of teams to lose and they all lost- that was good luck for us.

The only way to know which team is better is head to head and where you finish the year. Two years ago the Phins were better, last year the Jets were better (over NE too). I personally don't consider it luck, I look at it as handling your business as men.

SpurzN703
08-25-2010, 01:45 PM

I read your posts man, stop saying I don't. I'm not illiterate. Sure you say the Dolphins earned it two years ago but then you bring up how Brady was injured and that's why they won it. Sure it's the truth but the games still needed to be played.

SpurzN703
08-25-2010, 01:47 PM
BOTH teams got some breaks and both took advantage- that is what good teams do.

This I agree with. Both teams were given chances two years ago and last year. The Jets obviously took more advantage of their situation than the Dolphins did. You won't find many here that will understand that b/c of their hatred for the Jets. That is where the problems start though.

nyjunc
08-25-2010, 02:19 PM
I read your posts man, stop saying I don't. I'm not illiterate. Sure you say the Dolphins earned it two years ago but then you bring up how Brady was injured and that's why they won it. Sure it's the truth but the games still needed to be played.

You must skim through themt hen b/c you say a ton of stuff that you believe I have posted which I have not.

AphexPhin
08-25-2010, 02:33 PM
lmao another thread hijacked by nyjunc. Quite impressive.

nyjunc
08-25-2010, 03:09 PM
lmao another thread hijacked by nyjunc. Quite impressive.

I assume you are joking but for the folks who really believe I have hijacked threads I beg you to provide proof.

DolfanISS
08-25-2010, 03:14 PM

I completely disagree. Fiedler bailed that "great" defense out on more than one occasion. I agree with the guy who said they were not not a good matchup for the Patriots. Veteran QB's seemed to consistently those Wanny defenses alive. That is where the money was spent yet everyone wanted to blame our poor QB for not being able toput up 40 points in the big games.

Mr. Magoo
08-25-2010, 04:55 PM
That's the point, I only bring up your weak late season sched when you guys bring up the qtr and a half of backups against Indy. BOTH teams got some breaks and both took advantage- that is what good teams do.

Then I presume you'll stop saying your performance in the postseason proved how much you belonged there, that you'll stop touting the two road playoff wins, and all of that. You beat a sputtering Cincy team. Meh. The San Diego win is a good one. People can cite Kaeding and IMO that was a huge factor in that game (the Jets defense containing San Diego's downfield attack was a predictable thing, in other words, where Kaeding missing three field goals isn't), but ultimately you won. Good job. As any boxer will tell you, styles make fights. And if I had to pick one kind of defense to stifle San Diego's offense, it's the kind the Jets run.

And then, no matter how well you played, you still lost to Indy, just as Miami did early in the season, just as Miami did against New Orleans. A loss is a loss. It's encouraging, but ultimately only that.

That's the problem with opening these things up to be graded on a curve. If you want to degrade Miami's late season performance in '08, you have to accept the degradation of the Jets late season performance in '09. If you want to say the Dolphins beat pattycake teams down the stretch, fine. Explain to me why the Jets lost to pattycake teams like Jacksonville last year?

How about we leave the last two seasons behind and sit on our hands rather than trot out these old arguments again and again. I know you like to argue, Junc. It's why you insert yourself in these topics that don't always have a lot to do with the Jets. But I've read every one of your arguments about 10 times. Surely you're as tired of typing them as I am of reading them.

NJDOLPHAN76
08-25-2010, 04:56 PM
Thanks Tom...we still think your a douche! And look forward to crushing you this year 2x!

nyjunc
08-25-2010, 05:01 PM
Then I presume you'll stop saying your performance in the postseason proved how much you belonged there, that you'll stop touting the two road playoff wins, and all of that. You beat a sputtering Cincy team. Meh. The San Diego win is a good one. People can cite Kaeding and IMO that was a huge factor in that game (the Jets defense containing San Diego's downfield attack was a predictable thing, in other words, where Kaeding missing three field goals isn't), but ultimately you won. Good job. As any boxer will tell you, styles make fights. And if I had to pick one kind of defense to stifle San Diego's offense, it's the kind the Jets run.

And then, no matter how well you played, you still lost to Indy, just as Miami did early in the season, just as Miami did against New Orleans. A loss is a loss. It's encouraging, but ultimately only that.

That's the problem with opening these things up to be graded on a curve. If you want to degrade Miami's late season performance in '08, you have to accept the degradation of the Jets late season performance in '09. If you want to say the Dolphins beat pattycake teams down the stretch, fine. Explain to me why the Jets lost to pattycake teams like Jacksonville last year?

How about we leave the last two seasons behind and sit on our hands rather than trot out these old arguments again and again. I know you like to argue, Junc. It's why you insert yourself in these topics that don't always have a lot to do with the Jets. But I've read every one of your arguments about 10 times. Surely you're as tired of typing them as I am of reading them.

Once you guys stop brining up the qtr and a half of backups I'll stop bringing up 2008.

I can argue all day long(obviously) but I don't come into each thread to argue. I give my honest opinions and some peopl can't handle that so they come after me and my team rather than attack the argument which usually leads to a repeat of previous arguments. I'd prefer they stayed on topic and attacked my arguments but I'll debate any topic so whatever direction they want to go in I'm prepared.

Mr. Magoo
08-25-2010, 05:29 PM
Once you guys stop brining up the qtr and a half of backups I'll stop bringing up 2008.

I can argue all day long(obviously) but I don't come into each thread to argue. I give my honest opinions and some peopl can't handle that so they come after me and my team rather than attack the argument which usually leads to a repeat of previous arguments. I'd prefer they stayed on topic and attacked my arguments but I'll debate any topic so whatever direction they want to go in I'm prepared.

Claiming you only give "honest opinions" while everyone so unfairly attacks you and attacks your team is an insult to my intelligence and my reading comprehension. Stop playing the victim. You pick fights constantly on this board and clearly love to battle. Fine. Accept the consequences of it.

Ilovemyfins4eva
08-25-2010, 05:34 PM
it is actually really funny although i do contribute to it a bit, that a thread titled'' tom brady praises dolphins'', turns into all fin fans vs junc and a dolphin vs jet battle. i think its kind of funny and i obviously have contributed to it somewhat so im not gonna say none of it is my fault, but nonetheless it is real funny.

BobDole
08-25-2010, 05:38 PM
Claiming you only give "honest opinions" while everyone so unfairly attacks you and attacks your team is an insult to my intelligence and my reading comprehension. Stop playing the victim. You pick fights constantly on this board and clearly love to battle. Fine. Accept the consequences of it.

oh so true. and ironically one of the things i like about him. hypocrisy thy name is junc.

don't change though buddy. wouldn't be the same without you here exactly the way you are.

nyjunc
08-25-2010, 05:41 PM

I didn't say everyone attacks me, there are great posters on here who are very fair and aren't just homers. These threads go off track b/c most of the homers see a Jet fan and just start attacking me and my team and then I respond. I don't go into threads saying "dolphins suck, the Jets are great, blah, blah, blah".

I don't pick any fights, I respond when nitwits attack.

Sirspud
08-25-2010, 06:39 PM

I don't get into these rivalry talks much and I actually agree with many of your posts here. But I don't see how you can degrade 2008 at all when 1) you guys were playing the same weak teams we were playing that year and lost to some of them and 2) we went into your house, our biggest rival's home turf, and won the division that you had an equal chance to win on your playing field.

That's a lot more impressive than beating a team's backups, although I will never degrade your playoff wins because wins in the playoffs are always quality wins. I still don't fear the Jets at all going into this year, in fact I think your coach is making them the team that everyone is going to be hating. And as amusing as he can be when he thinks he's winning, he'll be a lot less amusing when you guys fall well short of the hype he himself generates.

twg76
08-25-2010, 10:22 PM
I'm ready to see what the NEW 2010 defense can do. Save reminiscing about the "good 'ol days" for the offseason. It's time to be thinking about WINNING!!

nyjunc
08-26-2010, 08:06 AM
I don't get into these rivalry talks much and I actually agree with many of your posts here. But I don't see how you can degrade 2008 at all when 1) you guys were playing the same weak teams we were playing that year and lost to some of them and 2) we went into your house, our biggest rival's home turf, and won the division that you had an equal chance to win on your playing field.

That's a lot more impressive than beating a team's backups, although I will never degrade your playoff wins because wins in the playoffs are always quality wins. I still don't fear the Jets at all going into this year, in fact I think your coach is making them the team that everyone is going to be hating. And as amusing as he can be when he thinks he's winning, he'll be a lot less amusing when you guys fall well short of the hype he himself generates.

I only bring up '08 when phin fans start whining about '09. I know we choked against the same weaks ched and against the Brady less Pats. You guys earned the div title, I simply apply the same logic(or lack of) to 2008 that many of the dolphin posters apply to 2009. The bottom line is we both git breaks and both took advantage of them.

sm0kinfins
08-26-2010, 08:14 AM

You are too hung up on reg season records. In 2007 the Giants were 10-6 and the Pats 16-0 and the Giants won the SB. Our '01 team was 10-6 and that team wasn't anywhere near as good as our '02 team that was 9-7.

You can claim you were more talented in 2002 but you did choke so it's meaningless.

We had a million injuries early in 2002 starting 1-4, 2-5 so if you want to play that game we probably win 12 games or so if we were healthy all year.

9 out of 10 of these threads turn into Fins v Jests because a Miami fan posts something positive about OUR team and your lame *** comes in and starts talking ****. This is a FACT sir. With how much time you spend on our site I would think that even you would get the fact that sometimes Dolphin fans might post positive things about the Dolphins on a Dolphins site and those same people might get annoyed and even react negatively to some ***hole coming in and basicly harshing our buzz... If someone came into your house and left a big steaming pile of Rex Ryan on the floor wouldn't you react negatively. Pick your battles man.

nyjunc
08-26-2010, 08:22 AM
9 out of 10 of these threads turn into Fins v Jests because a Miami fan posts something positive about OUR team and your lame *** comes in and starts talking ****. This is a FACT sir. With how much time you spend on our site I would think that even you would get the fact that sometimes Dolphin fans might post positive things about the Dolphins on a Dolphins site and those same people might get annoyed and even react negatively to some ***hole coming in and basicly harshing our buzz... If someone came into your house and left a big steaming pile of Rex Ryan on the floor wouldn't you react negatively. Pick your battles man.

I don't talk trash, I bring honest opinions and back them up. Sometimes those opinions criticize Miami and other times it praises them.

In this particular thread I wrote "That defense was nasty until a big game or a big moment in a game. "

A bunch of phin posters agreed then we got got this post "kinda like the jets' D last year, that monday nighter when they couldve won on the final play, but didn't ? "

To which I agreed by the way but the Jets had nothing to do w/ the discussion but I took the thread off topic:rolleyes2:

Most of us are adults on here, we realize our teams have flaws. If someone points out a flaw in my team that I do not agree w/ I don't call that poster an idiot or attack them. I simply counter their argument, it's very simple. It spurs on healthy debates that we all learn from. I can take anything that comes my way but don't complain when I do come back at you and tear your arguments to shreds(not directed at you necessarily but those that attack me).

MikeO
08-26-2010, 08:25 AM
Why does a JETS Fan want to post here anyway? I never understood that

nyjunc
08-26-2010, 08:29 AM
Why does a JETS Fan want to post here anyway? I never understood that

What is so hard to understand about it? I like learning about our rivals, I like getting a different perspective, I like educating rival fans about my team and I love to debate. Would a message board be fun if everyone was on the same page and just agreed w/ each other?

Vaark
08-26-2010, 08:43 AM
In this particular thread I wrote "That defense was nasty until a big game or a big moment in a game. "

A bunch of phin posters agreed then we got got this post "kinda like the jets' D last year, that monday nighter when they couldve won on the final play, but didn't ? "

To which I agreed by the way but the Jets had nothing to do w/ the discussion but I took the thread off topic:rolleyes2:

Most of us are adults on here, we realize our teams have flaws. If someone points out a flaw in my team that I do not agree w/ I don't call that poster an idiot or attack them. I simply counter their argument, it's very simple. It spurs on healthy debates that we all learn from. I can take anything that comes my way but don't complain when I do come back at you and tear your arguments to shreds(not directed at you necessarily but those that attack me).

Like a lot of other positive, feel good, put a smile on our face fin-centric threads, there was no mention of the jets team or players to that point until you typically inserted yourself with a negative on something that did not concern you nor was your business. The thread devolved at that point since you needlessly put yourself out there by factually inviting a similar comparison to YOUR 09 defense. Same thing like clockwork any time Parcells' management and accomplishments here are heralded.. you rush in like a chicken without a head badmouthing his past. It's like you're always looking to **** on our parades.

I can understand where the discussion might be about the division, the jets, their players that are comparable to ours, etc etc. where you feel compelled to jump in to counter with your own viewpoint/opinion (and that's all it is) but when the topic revolves around the Fins legacy, our players, FO, and the like in a vacuum, it's neither your business nor your job as an opposing team's fan to create a negative ****storm... and directly or indirectly derail the thread.

While I'll never understand how an opposing fan can have 10's of thousands of posts on an enemy forum, so be it, some are just wired that way I suppose. However, in occasionally lurking on jets, bills, patriots, giants, oakland, chi, dallas forums, I NEVER elsewhere have seen an opposing fan jump in to shovel the **** on subjects that had nothing to do with his team.

nyjunc
08-26-2010, 08:47 AM
Like a lot of other positive, feel good, put a smile on our face fin-centric threads, there was no mention of the jets team or players to that point until you typically inserted yourself with a negative on something that did not concern you nor was your business. The thread devolved at that point since you needlessly put yourself out there by factually inviting a similar comparison to YOUR 09 defense. Same thing like clockwork any time Parcells' management and accomplishments here are heralded.. you rush in like a chicken without a head badmouthing his past. It's like you're always looking to **** on our parades.

I can understand where the discussion might be about the division, the jets, their players that are comparable to ours, etc etc. where you feel compelled to jump in to counter with your own viewpoint/opinion (and that's all it is) but when the topic revolves around the Fins legacy, our players, FO, and the like in a vacuum, it's neither your business nor your job as an opposing team's fan to create a negative ****storm... and directly or indirectly derail the thread.

While I'll never understand how an opposing fan can have 10's of thousands of posts on an enemy forum, so be it, some are just wired that way I suppose. However, in occasionally lurking on jets, bills, patriots, giants, oakland, chi, dallas forums, I NEVER elsewhere have seen an opposing fan jump in to shovel the **** on subjects that had nothing to do with his team.

I inserted a fact, I'm sorry homers like you don't like the truth but if you disagree prove me wrong isntead of attacking me but you can't do that.

This is what you do best, you cannot get into serious discussions. You like to attack and posts 3rd grade style photoshops, that's cool. I give you reasons to post here so you should like me. If there were less people like me here you might actually have to discuss football.

Vaark
08-26-2010, 09:19 AM
I inserted a fact, I'm sorry homers like you don't like the truth but if you disagree prove me wrong isntead of attacking me but you can't do that.

This is what you do best, you cannot get into serious discussions. You like to attack and posts 3rd grade style photoshops, that's cool. I give you reasons to post here so you should like me. If there were less people like me here you might actually have to discuss football.

you just need to stay out of topics that don't concern you.. or else don't be surprised how everyone else comes back and ****s on you and your fraud of a team. You don't discuss facts.. you parse them to fit your purposes, in a vacuum and then become a petulant little puzzy whenever they get factually challenged or refuted. The fact that you can't see this only proves your own vacuum vision.

Oh and my "3rd grade photoshops" I guess are about comparable to the jest and Rex's 3rd grade level emotional and behavioral development - so it's only fitting.

nyjunc
08-26-2010, 09:32 AM
you just need to stay out of topics that don't concern you.. or else don't be surprised how everyone else comes back and ****s on you and your fraud of a team. You don't discuss facts.. you parse them to fit your purposes, in a vacuum and then become a petulant little puzzy whenever they get factually challenged or refuted. The fact that you can't see this only proves your own vacuum vision.

Oh and my "3rd grade photoshops" I guess are about comparable to the jest and Rex's 3rd grade level emotional and behavioral development - so it's only fitting.

Whenever I have an opinion I will post it, I don't care how folks like you react. I get your mentality, you don't like reality. It doesn't bother me getting attacked but I don't to see people whining about threads going off topic b/c others are attacking me. Stick to the topic, respond to my posts and we won't have topics being taken off course.

Your 2nd paragraph proves what I am talking about. The discussion had nothing to do w/ Rex.

Just for fun one day I'd love to see you actually discussing football instead of attacking me, another Jet fan or posting bad photoshops.

Vaark
08-26-2010, 09:50 AM
Whenever I have an opinion I will post it, I don't care how folks like you react. I get your mentality, you don't like reality. It doesn't bother me getting attacked but I don't to see people whining about threads going off topic b/c others are attacking me. Stick to the topic, respond to my posts and we won't have topics being taken off course.

Your 2nd paragraph proves what I am talking about. The discussion had nothing to do w/ Rex.

Just for fun one day I'd love to see you actually discussing football instead of attacking me, another Jet fan or posting bad photoshops.

Maybe when you stop trying to convince us that a team that only got into the POs because Polian and Caldwell gave them permission to before destroying them when it counted is better than a team that was one of 3 teams in their divisiion that was over .500 and that the 11-5 Pats they faced in that more competitive division were worse than the following year Brady led 10-6 team in a division where only they had a winning record. Or favorably comparing a 3-4, minus 40pts dead team walking Cinci team you faced with a Baltimore powerhouse that won 9 of their last 11 games outscoring their opponents in that span by 200 pts that we drew in 08. These are "facts" that you refuse to concede no matter how strongly they resonate to everyone not a jets homer. Until then, your "facts" are just homeristic and you'll be treated accordingly.

I'm sure in typical OCD fashion you'll be back with another dose of lastworditis. It's laughable how predictable some afflicted people are.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

nyjunc
08-26-2010, 09:59 AM
Maybe when you stop trying to convince us that a team that only got into the POs because Polian and Caldwell gave them permission to before destroying them when it counted is better than a team that was one of 3 teams in their divisiion that was over .500 and that the 11-5 Pats they faced in that more competitive division were worse than the following year Brady led 10-6 team in a division where only they had a winning record. Or favorably comparing a 3-4, minus 40pts dead team walking Cinci team you faced with a Baltimore powerhouse that won 9 of their last 11 games outscoring their opponents in that span by 200 pts that we drew in 08. These are "facts" that you refuse to concede no matter how strongly they resonate to everyone not a jets homer. Until then, your "facts" are just homeristic and you'll be treated accordingly.

I'm sure in typical OCD fashion you'll be back with another dose of lastworditis. It's laughable how predictable some afflicted people are.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

I have always admitted we got a break when Indy pulled their starters and I have always said we likely would have lost but we'll never know since the game didn't play out.

"better than a team that was one of 3 teams in their divisiion that was over .500 and that the 11-5 Pats they faced in that more competitive division were worse than the following year Brady led 10-6 team in a division where only they had a winning record. " Can you translate this to English for me?

I'm sure you are one of those that told me how SD always chokes so it wasn't a big deal beating them yet they had won playoff games in each of the 2 previous seasons invlduing a trip to the title game in 2007 while Baltimore heading into the '08 postseason hadn't won a palyoff game since 2001. Baltimore won 9 of 11 games? Wow! SD won 11 straight and we beat them on the ROAD.

Oh and during Bal's 9 of 11 streak they outscored opps by 150 pts not by 200 but I guess these are known as "vaark facts"

"lastworditis"? Should I just allow you to spew lies and get away w/ it?

Ilovemyfins4eva
08-26-2010, 10:15 AM
I have always admitted we got a break when Indy pulled their starters and I have always said we likely would have lost but we'll never know since the game didn't play out.

"better than a team that was one of 3 teams in their divisiion that was over .500 and that the 11-5 Pats they faced in that more competitive division were worse than the following year Brady led 10-6 team in a division where only they had a winning record. " Can you translate this to English for me?

I'm sure you are one of those that told me how SD always chokes so it wasn't a big deal beating them yet they had won playoff games in each of the 2 previous seasons invlduing a trip to the title game in 2007 while Baltimore heading into the '08 postseason hadn't won a palyoff game since 2001. Baltimore won 9 of 11 games? Wow! SD won 11 straight and we beat them on the ROAD.

Oh and during Bal's 9 of 11 streak they outscored opps by 150 pts not by 200 but I guess these are known as "vaark facts"

"lastworditis"? Should I just allow you to spew lies and get away w/ it?hes saying that in 08, there were 3 teams in the afc east over 500 and miami finished the best out of all of them.

nyjunc
08-26-2010, 10:26 AM
hes saying that in 08, there were 3 teams in the afc east over 500 and miami finished the best out of all of them.

he does realize all those teams had creampuff scheds, right? We all played the AFC West and NFC West divisions which combined to have ONE team w/ a winning record(at 9-7). The schedule was a joke, you guys beat two tams w/ winning records all year and that was cassell led NE in his 2nd ever start and a dead Jet team in week 17. We beat 3 teams w/ winning records- one being AZ who was awful on the road, another being NE and the lone real big team we beat was Tennessee. NE also beat 3 w/ one beaing AZ at home and the others being NYJ and Miami. NE '09 would have crushed NE '08 but for someone like Vaark who doesn't understand this game he sees 11-5 in '08 vs. 10-6 in '09 and assumes the '08 team was better.

Ilovemyfins4eva
08-26-2010, 10:28 AM

"lastworditis"? Should I just allow you to spew lies and get away w/ it?i no u werent reffering to me there, but i am not one of those people who say san diego always chokes so the win isnt impressive.

san diego i believe had won 11 in a row or something like that going into ur game vs them and u beat them. props to u guys. that isnt the whole point of this debate.

the point of the debate is that the jets should have never been able to get the ''CHANCE'' to play the chargers in the first place, or the bengals for that matter because they were not a good team and playoff worthy. you always counter by saying how we made the afc championship etc, but our argument that you should have never been in that position in the first place is the point.

as people including myself have stated, and dont take this like im comparing the jets to the lions or rams, etc, but if u put those teams in the playoffs for free, they even can win a few games and get lucky. you guys r obviously better then those teams and i wasnt trying to compare the jets and rams, but the point im making is any team can do something if given the chance, they have to earn the chance first and you guys didnt really earn it. you guys won in the playoffs 2 games, and props to u guys u deserved to win those games not taking anything away from the results u did. its the results that got u there.

and for u to compare the 08 dolphins is comical because we went 11-5 and won the divison. there have been tons of teams in the past with not such tough schedules to make the playoffs, but u also gotta realize the season teams were looking at us the same way as one of the worst teams in the league that year so as much of a ''cupcake'' schedule u claim we had that year, thats how every team looked at us. also, many teams when having an easy schedule dont always win every game on that schedule. we beat every team we shouldve beaten that year.

and please stop comparing the chiefs, rams, 49ers, etc to the colt team u played in 09. its not even close to a debate. while those teams were bad, they still had ''1ST STRINGERS'' on the field, and while the intention of winning every game for those teams didnt seem to work that year, nonetheless they still put an ''effort'' to win, as opposed to the colts who had ''2ND AND 3RD STRINGERS'' in there and calldwell had no intent on winning really after.

you watch as much football prob as i or the die hard fan, and u no that there is a huge difference between 1st stringers, and 2nd and 3rd stringers. HUGE. the colt team u played was a 2nd and third string team, while as bad as those teams we played mite have been, they were still first stringers afterall.

and also in the 09 regular season u guys didnt really beat any impressive teams. u beat the panthers, bucs, bills,raiders, titans[ with collins which they were horrendous with] texans[ ill give u that], and the pats without welker which obviously made a huge differnce considering the fact that the next time u guys played he had a career day. im not counting the 2nd and 3rd string colts which as i stated above was like a preseason game.

Ilovemyfins4eva
08-26-2010, 10:36 AM
he does realize all those teams had creampuff scheds, right? We all played the AFC West and NFC West divisions which combined to have ONE team w/ a winning record(at 9-7). The schedule was a joke, you guys beat two tams w/ winning records all year and that was cassell led NE in his 2nd ever start and a dead Jet team in week 17. We beat 3 teams w/ winning records- one being AZ who was awful on the road, another being NE and the lone real big team we beat was Tennessee. NE also beat 3 w/ one beaing AZ at home and the others being NYJ and Miami. NE '09 would have crushed NE '08 but for someone like Vaark who doesn't understand this game he sees 11-5 in '08 vs. 10-6 in '09 and assumes the '08 team was better.
first of all that same cassell won his first nfl start in your stadium the week before, and say what you want about the jets that year, but you guys still started 8-3, and won of the losses was to cassel in his first start. also, we tourched them on offense, its not like we won 10-6 and if brady was there they prob win, they couldnt stop us to save there lives. if u saw the game u wouldve seen belichick as puzzeled as ever. also new england had won 21 in a row i believe and hadnt lost in foxboro in forever.

we also went to denver that year and beat them, and at the time u realize denver was playing real good football. and going into invesco field is never easy. we also beat the bills who at the time of our first meeting were 5-1 i believe and were in first place.

also one more thing ur forgetting here is that u r talking about a 1-15 team the year before. no schedule is easy for that kind of team. its the opposite, every team that played us thought they had a walk in the park. if we wouldve went 10-6 or 9-7, although not considered good enough for me, by most peoples standards that wouldve been a great improvement still even without winning the division. u gotta factor these things in, its not like im sitting here saying we had the roster of the colts the year and had that record and it was mad impressive with an easy schedule, we had a team that went 1-15 the year before. we did add jake long in 08, but as great as he is, not left tackle changes a team that dramatically[ look at joe thomas in cleveland]. also, we did add penny, but he was hurt the year before i believe, and he had absoultley no talent at the wr position and yet put up an incredible year, and if not for someone named peyton manning, he is mvp that season.

nyjunc
08-26-2010, 10:51 AM
i no u werent reffering to me there, but i am not one of those people who say san diego always chokes so the win isnt impressive.

san diego i believe had won 11 in a row or something like that going into ur game vs them and u beat them. props to u guys. that isnt the whole point of this debate.

the point of the debate is that the jets should have never been able to get the ''CHANCE'' to play the chargers in the first place, or the bengals for that matter because they were not a good team and playoff worthy. you always counter by saying how we made the afc championship etc, but our argument that you should have never been in that position in the first place is the point.

as people including myself have stated, and dont take this like im comparing the jets to the lions or rams, etc, but if u put those teams in the playoffs for free, they even can win a few games and get lucky. you guys r obviously better then those teams and i wasnt trying to compare the jets and rams, but the point im making is any team can do something if given the chance, they have to earn the chance first and you guys didnt really earn it. you guys won in the playoffs 2 games, and props to u guys u deserved to win those games not taking anything away from the results u did. its the results that got u there.

and for u to compare the 08 dolphins is comical because we went 11-5 and won the divison. there have been tons of teams in the past with not such tough schedules to make the playoffs, but u also gotta realize the season teams were looking at us the same way as one of the worst teams in the league that year so as much of a ''cupcake'' schedule u claim we had that year, thats how every team looked at us. also, many teams when having an easy schedule dont always win every game on that schedule. we beat every team we shouldve beaten that year.

and please stop comparing the chiefs, rams, 49ers, etc to the colt team u played in 09. its not even close to a debate. while those teams were bad, they still had ''1ST STRINGERS'' on the field, and while the intention of winning every game for those teams didnt seem to work that year, nonetheless they still put an ''effort'' to win, as opposed to the colts who had ''2ND AND 3RD STRINGERS'' in there and calldwell had no intent on winning really after.

you watch as much football prob as i or the die hard fan, and u no that there is a huge difference between 1st stringers, and 2nd and 3rd stringers. HUGE. the colt team u played was a 2nd and third string team, while as bad as those teams we played mite have been, they were still first stringers afterall.

and also in the 09 regular season u guys didnt really beat any impressive teams. u beat the panthers, bucs, bills,raiders, titans[ with collins which they were horrendous with] texans[ ill give u that], and the pats without welker which obviously made a huge differnce considering the fact that the next time u guys played he had a career day. im not counting the 2nd and 3rd string colts which as i stated above was like a preseason game.

That was towards Vaark.

We did get the chance, we did what we had to do to make postseason. Again, we got a break but took advantage of it much like you guys took advantage of breaks in 2008 or like ten did a couple of years agao against Indy backups- how come no one complained about them?

I give you guys credit for winning the div in 2008, you did waht you had to do. You took care of business against bad teams while my team was busy losing to teams like the Raiders and Seahawks. We had the same opportunity and choked just like you guys had a chance to make the playoffs last year and you choked.

You guys had an easier road late in '08 playing awful football teams than we did w/ a qtr and a half of backups.

Their 1st stringers were awful which was why they won so few games.

We beat ten, NE, annihilated Houston- that's 3 impressive wins right there and we embarrassed Cincy in week 17 when they had their starters on the field for half the game- it was 27-0 when their starters left the game. Those wins were more impressive than beating a Cassell led NE team and a dead Jet team in week 17.

If you use the horrensous w/ Collins excuse(they did win 13 games w/ him the year before) then can we saw Car and TB were good wins since Car would win 4 of their next 5 and TB would win 2 of their final 3 including beating NO? Either way our wins were more impressive than yours, we had a better team in '09 than you had in '08. I'm not trying to just knock you guys I'm stating an eductaed opinion. You guys had a creampuff sched and got smoked in the WC rd at home while we had a tougher sched and made the title game winning two road playoff games.

I think you guys will be very good this year and the division race will be very difficult, I don't know if we'll win the division or more. I hope so, I feel we also have a very good team but we'll find out in the coming months.

nyjunc
08-26-2010, 10:55 AM
first of all that same cassell won his first nfl start in your stadium the week before, and say what you want about the jets that year, but you guys still started 8-3, and won of the losses was to cassel in his first start. also, we tourched them on offense, its not like we won 10-6 and if brady was there they prob win, they couldnt stop us to save there lives. if u saw the game u wouldve seen belichick as puzzeled as ever. also new england had won 21 in a row i believe and hadnt lost in foxboro in forever.

we also went to denver that year and beat them, and at the time u realize denver was playing real good football. and going into invesco field is never easy. we also beat the bills who at the time of our first meeting were 5-1 i believe and were in first place.

also one more thing ur forgetting here is that u r talking about a 1-15 team the year before. no schedule is easy for that kind of team. its the opposite, every team that played us thought they had a walk in the park. if we wouldve went 10-6 or 9-7, although not considered good enough for me, by most peoples standards that wouldve been a great improvement still even without winning the division. u gotta factor these things in, its not like im sitting here saying we had the roster of the colts the year and had that record and it was mad impressive with an easy schedule, we had a team that went 1-15 the year before. we did add jake long in 08, but as great as he is, not left tackle changes a team that dramatically[ look at joe thomas in cleveland]. also, we did add penny, but he was hurt the year before i believe, and he had absoultley no talent at the wr position and yet put up an incredible year, and if not for someone named peyton manning, he is mvp that season.

Cassell did win his first start against us, we blew it. We had the same weak sched you had for the most part and we blew it.

You may have still split w/ NE even if Brady played BUT NE is obviously winning 2-3 more games w/ him and winning the division.

Denver had lost 3 of 4 entering your game against them. The Bills win started a 4 game losing streak for them and they had just been smoked 2 weeks earlier at AZ.

1-15 was over, it had nothing to do w/ 2008. We went 9-7 the year after being 1-15 in the 90s. Teams get good and bad quikly in this league.

Ilovemyfins4eva
08-26-2010, 11:04 AM
That was towards Vaark.

We did get the chance, we did what we had to do to make postseason. Again, we got a break but took advantage of it much like you guys took advantage of breaks in 2008 or like ten did a couple of years agao against Indy backups- how come no one complained about them?

I give you guys credit for winning the div in 2008, you did waht you had to do. You took care of business against bad teams while my team was busy losing to teams like the Raiders and Seahawks. We had the same opportunity and choked just like you guys had a chance to make the playoffs last year and you choked.

You guys had an easier road late in '08 playing awful football teams than we did w/ a qtr and a half of backups.

Their 1st stringers were awful which was why they won so few games.

We beat ten, NE, annihilated Houston- that's 3 impressive wins right there and we embarrassed Cincy in week 17 when they had their starters on the field for half the game- it was 27-0 when their starters left the game. Those wins were more impressive than beating a Cassell led NE team and a dead Jet team in week 17.

If you use the horrensous w/ Collins excuse(they did win 13 games w/ him the year before) then can we saw Car and TB were good wins since Car would win 4 of their next 5 and TB would win 2 of their final 3 including beating NO? Either way our wins were more impressive than yours, we had a better team in '09 than you had in '08. I'm not trying to just knock you guys I'm stating an eductaed opinion. You guys had a creampuff sched and got smoked in the WC rd at home while we had a tougher sched and made the title game winning two road playoff games.

I think you guys will be very good this year and the division race will be very difficult, I don't know if we'll win the division or more. I hope so, I feel we also have a very good team but we'll find out in the coming months.
well first of all, if i was arguing with a titan fan id prob bring that up. also didnt that team finish 10-6 that year? anyways, the reason why people are complaining about the jets is because they are overhyping themselves like crazy. i mean did the titans talk smack and say how they are the team to beat after that season? prob not. the jets have this attitude like they did so much and that they are now a top team in the nfl, which they are not in my opinion.

and the fact is, the colts are still the team to beat in the afc until proven otherwise and for the jets to think they are better than indy, or even a healthy pittsburgh, or new england for that matter just in the afc is comical.

other teams you can try and debate, but thats why everyone hates the jets and argues this, because never have we seen a team talk so much crap and all after going just 9-7 the year before. the jets should just accept that gift they got and go on the field and play, and if they win there games and win a divison or go far, then talk all they want. until then though they should just shutup and prove something first. thats why everyone hates them

same reason why people in general hate the cowboys, because they are such an overhyped team that gets so much attention when they really have done nothing over the past 14 -15 years .

EvilDylan
08-26-2010, 11:05 AM
Junc, seriously we can't have any sort of positive thread in this forum without you trying to rain on our parade. Do you think its your duty to crap on our fun? I mean are you like this in person? Can you just observe and not be such a revolting pest ALL the time?

nyjunc
08-26-2010, 11:11 AM
well first of all, if i was arguing with a titan fan id prob bring that up. also didnt that team finish 10-6 that year? anyways, the reason why people are complaining about the jets is because they are overhyping themselves like crazy. i mean did the titans talk smack and say how they are the team to beat after that season? prob not. the jets have this attitude like they did so much and that they are now a top team in the nfl, which they are not in my opinion.

and the fact is, the colts are still the team to beat in the afc until proven otherwise and for the jets to think they are better than indy, or even a healthy pittsburgh, or new england for that matter just in the afc is comical.

other teams you can try and debate, but thats why everyone hates the jets and argues this, because never have we seen a team talk so much crap and all after going just 9-7 the year before. the jets should just accept that gift they got and go on the field and play, and if they win there games and win a divison or go far, then talk all they want. until then though they should just shutup and prove something first. thats why everyone hates them

same reason why people in general hate the cowboys, because they are such an overhyped team that gets so much attention when they really have done nothing over the past 14 -15 years .

You are too caught up in 9-7/10-6. The fact is they played against Indy's backups for far longer than we did yet there wasn't a National outcry.

I get why we are hated but it's comical that many of you guys think we suck. We did make a run to the title game and we do look better ON PAPER. That doesn't mean we will be good but to act like we suck is silly.

Rex started talking the day he was hired, he took a team that hadn't been i postseason in 3 years and hadn't won a postseason game in 5 years and led us to the title game w/ a rookie QB. He can talk as long as his team backs it up.

Dallas in very different, people hate them b/c they used to be great but that team has ONE playoff win in 15 years. We came off a postseason where we won 2 playoff games last year so we've proven more than Dallas has.

Junc, seriously we can't have any sort of positive thread in this forum without you trying to rain on our parade. Do you think its your duty to crap on our fun? I mean are you like this in person? Can you just observe and not be such a revolting pest ALL the time?

I think it is my duty to post honest opinions and facts. Why should I allow people to believe things that aren't true? Hoe does that benefit anyone?

SpurzN703
08-26-2010, 11:24 AM
You must skim through themt hen b/c you say a ton of stuff that you believe I have posted which I have not.

Isn't everything you say the same anyway? Rookie QB/Head Coach, Dolphins defense never stopped anyone important, Henne never won any big games, Rex has 2 more playoff wins than Sparano, Dolphins going 11-5 was b/c Brady was out, Ricky Williams has 76 kids.....

:d-day:

SpurzN703
08-26-2010, 11:27 AM

Which is where you be the better man, tell these people to **** off, and move on. There's no need to continue the back and forth banter all the time. You probably have gray hair by now.

Ilovemyfins4eva
08-26-2010, 11:27 AM
You are too caught up in 9-7/10-6. The fact is they played against Indy's backups for far longer than we did yet there wasn't a National outcry.

I get why we are hated but it's comical that many of you guys think we suck. We did make a run to the title game and we do look better ON PAPER. That doesn't mean we will be good but to act like we suck is silly.

Rex started talking the day he was hired, he took a team that hadn't been i postseason in 3 years and hadn't won a postseason game in 5 years and led us to the title game w/ a rookie QB. He can talk as long as his team backs it up.

Dallas in very different, people hate them b/c they used to be great but that team has ONE playoff win in 15 years. We came off a postseason where we won 2 playoff games last year so we've proven more than Dallas has.

I think it is my duty to post honest opinions and facts. Why should I allow people to believe things that aren't true? Hoe does that benefit anyone?
althought ur rite that dallas used to be great, thats deff why i dont hate them , and i dont no if thats why everyone else hates them. the pittsburgh steelers also and still are really good every year, and i dont hate them at all. the 49ers have won a bunch of superbowls and i have nothing against them. its not always winning that makes you hate a team, dallas just still gets overhyped and crap and all this stuff with americas team when yet they havent done **** the past god damn how many years. they hadnt won a playoff game up until this past season dating back to 96 i believe.

teams that deserve hype r indy, pitt, etc, bc every year indy wins 12-13 games and at least makes the afc championship, wins there divison, and now have made 2 superbowls in the past 4 seasons, including 1 win.

teams that dont deserve the hype are teams like the jets and cowboys.

and in terms of people saying we think the jets suck, well it depends what you think sucks means? i dont think the jets r 3-13 bad, i think they r a 7-9- 9-7 team at best, and compared to what everyone thinks they are, i dont think there so good. there defense may be good, but they have a qb who isnt to good, and he will hold them back a ton. if they had the ravens 2000 defense or the 2002 buc defense, then maybe they can win with sanchez , but they dont have anything near that so thats why i think theyll be anywhere from 7-9 to 9-7 at best.

SpurzN703
08-26-2010, 11:29 AM
What is so hard to understand about it? I like learning about our rivals, I like getting a different perspective, I like educating rival fans about my team and I love to debate. Would a message board be fun if everyone was on the same page and just agreed w/ each other?

We'd still argue if this site was 100% Dolphins fans :d-day:

EvilDylan
08-26-2010, 11:32 AM

News flash, IT'S NOT YOUR DUTY.

If it's really so important to you to keep people from believing things that aren't true, go do it somewhere else where it will actually matter.

Seriously, get over yourself.

SpurzN703
08-26-2010, 11:34 AM

Your duty? So you came here and assigned yourself a job no one needs you to have? :lol:

nyjunc
08-26-2010, 12:15 PM
Which is where you be the better man, tell these people to **** off, and move on. There's no need to continue the back and forth banter all the time. You probably have gray hair by now.

I have to educate, some people really believe the nonsesne they spew and before it spreads I like to attack it and set the record straight.

althought ur rite that dallas used to be great, thats deff why i dont hate them , and i dont no if thats why everyone else hates them. the pittsburgh steelers also and still are really good every year, and i dont hate them at all. the 49ers have won a bunch of superbowls and i have nothing against them. its not always winning that makes you hate a team, dallas just still gets overhyped and crap and all this stuff with americas team when yet they havent done **** the past god damn how many years. they hadnt won a playoff game up until this past season dating back to 96 i believe.

teams that deserve hype r indy, pitt, etc, bc every year indy wins 12-13 games and at least makes the afc championship, wins there divison, and now have made 2 superbowls in the past 4 seasons, including 1 win.

teams that dont deserve the hype are teams like the jets and cowboys.

and in terms of people saying we think the jets suck, well it depends what you think sucks means? i dont think the jets r 3-13 bad, i think they r a 7-9- 9-7 team at best, and compared to what everyone thinks they are, i dont think there so good. there defense may be good, but they have a qb who isnt to good, and he will hold them back a ton. if they had the ravens 2000 defense or the 2002 buc defense, then maybe they can win with sanchez , but they dont have anything near that so thats why i think theyll be anywhere from 7-9 to 9-7 at best.

Dallas has so many badwagon fans, they won and they were cocky whent hey won in the 90s so naturally people hate them.

SF has been irrelevant for so long but when they were the best franchise in the league from the early 80s through the late 90s they were hated.

We made the title game and are better on paper and don't havea rookie QB- why don't we deserve hype?

Our Defense in year 2 of this system w/ Jenkins back, adding Cromartie and Wilson and getting revis back will be among the best this league has seen in quite a few years.

We nearly made the SB w/ a rookie HC and rookie QB, we can make it in year 2 assuming they have progressed.

You guys have a QB who also need to prove himself, you don't have as good of a WR corps as us, you don't have the TE we have, the OL or the D so why will you guys be better?

We'd still argue if this site was 100% Dolphins fans :d-day:

Absolutely, I argue like crazy on my Jets board but that's fun. Would it really be fun if we all agreed?

If it's really so important to you to keep people from believing things that aren't true, go do it somewhere else where it will actually matter.

It is my duty to educate folks like yourself.

You are welcome:up:

Your duty? So you came here and assigned yourself a job no one needs you to have? :lol:

I like helping people and I feel I am helping people. It makes me feel good working w/ "special" people like you guys:lol:

Vaark
08-26-2010, 12:27 PM
Cassell did win his first start against us, we blew it. We had the same weak sched you had for the most part and we blew it.

You may have still split w/ NE even if Brady played BUT NE is obviously winning 2-3 more games w/ him and winning the division.

Denver had lost 3 of 4 entering your game against them. The Bills win started a 4 game losing streak for them and they had just been smoked 2 weeks earlier at AZ.

1-15 was over, it had nothing to do w/ 2008. We went 9-7 the year after being 1-15 in the 90s. Teams get good and bad quikly in this league.

it's comically disingenuous of you to assert that when it comes to our 08 run, we were facing teams that were dead or dying - even those with winning records or off to good starts when we faced them... yet take credit for teams you beat who were deep in the doldrums like Tennessee and Carolina at you played them who righted themselves afterward and at the same time for dead teams like The Bengals because at one point they were alive long before you met up with them. Fact is the 09 Jets only beat teams that were creampuffs at the time you played them, whether they improved long afterwards or not. It's also disingenuous to claim that NE would have won 2-3 more games with a healthy Brady in 08, minimizing our accomplishments, yet claim credit for beating the Pats in game 2 when Brady was still gunshy and not the player he was when he demolished your team later on. Also using this faulty logic, shouldn't SD have beaten you since on paper they were so far superior?

Since we're into "facts" and correcting misstatements, I'm resurrecting the follows which are "nothing but the facts maam"

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/02/2cxial5-1.jpg

Vaark
08-26-2010, 12:30 PM
I have to educate, some people really believe the nonsesne they spew and before it spreads I like to attack it and set the record straight.

Dallas has so many badwagon fans, they won and they were cocky whent hey won in the 90s so naturally people hate them.

SF has been irrelevant for so long but when they were the best franchise in the league from the early 80s through the late 90s they were hated.

We made the title game and are better on paper and don't havea rookie QB- why don't we deserve hype?

Our Defense in year 2 of this system w/ Jenkins back, adding Cromartie and Wilson and getting revis back will be among the best this league has seen in quite a few years.

We nearly made the SB w/ a rookie HC and rookie QB, we can make it in year 2 assuming they have progressed.

You guys have a QB who also need to prove himself, you don't have as good of a WR corps as us, you don't have the TE we have, the OL or the D so why will you guys be better?

Absolutely, I argue like crazy on my Jets board but that's fun. Would it really be fun if we all agreed?

It is my duty to educate folks like yourself.

You are welcome:up:

I like helping people and I feel I am helping people. It makes me feel good working w/ "special" people like you guys:lol:
\
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2013/04/1ny3c4-1.jpg

lurking
08-26-2010, 12:40 PM
^^ to funny^^

MikeO
08-26-2010, 01:21 PM

EXACTLY!! IT's not his duty. And if he likes learning about his Jets rivals, READ...don't post!!!

SpurzN703
08-26-2010, 01:24 PM

You don't have to do anything Messiah. Let's do an experiment. Zip it for a week and let's see how peaceful this site is.

nyjunc
08-26-2010, 02:00 PM
it's comically disingenuous of you to assert that when it comes to our 08 run, we were facing teams that were dead or dying - even those with winning records or off to good starts when we faced them... yet take credit for teams you beat who were deep in the doldrums like Tennessee and Carolina at you played them who righted themselves afterward and at the same time for dead teams like The Bengals because at one point they were alive long before you met up with them. Fact is the 09 Jets only beat teams that were creampuffs at the time you played them, whether they improved long afterwards or not. It's also disingenuous to claim that NE would have won 2-3 more games with a healthy Brady in 08, minimizing our accomplishments, yet claim credit for beating the Pats in game 2 when Brady was still gunshy and not the player he was when he demolished your team later on. Also using this faulty logic, shouldn't SD have beaten you since on paper they were so far superior?

Since we're into "facts" and correcting misstatements, I'm resurrecting the follows which are "nothing but the facts maam"

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/02/2cxial5-1.jpg

It's like debating w/ a 3rd grader. You can put up Houston and ten and tell us how poorly they were playing at the time but yet also leave up Car and TB who went on winning streaks after we beat them. Which is it? You can't have it both ways.

You guys beat TWO teams w/ winning records in 2008- one w/ a QB making his 2nd start since HS and the other a dead team in week 17 out of the playoff hunt barring a miracle.

Just so we can correct your usualy misinformation:

After we beat Houston the went on to win 5 of their next 7 games. At no point were they 2-5, do you even look this stuff up before you put together these silly little charts?

We beat NE in week 2 handing them their 1st loss and after losing to us they would go on to win 5 of their next 6.

Ten was struggling as they started 0-6 though they did play close games against Pitt and Hou the previous 2 weeks.

Oakland stunk BUT they did beat playoff bound Philly the week before.

Carolina would win 4 of their last 5 after losing to us.

Buffalo beat up you guys the week before we beat them and won again the week after we played them.

TB would win their next 2 including over the eventual SB Champs on the road.

Now let's look at the teams you beat in 2008:

NE: decent win but it was in Cassell's 2nd ever start
SD: started season 3-5, would lose 5 of next 7 after they played you
Buf: beat them twice in the midst of losing 8 of 10 games
Den: Den was in the midst of losing 4 of 5
Sea: in midst of losing 7 of 9
Oak: in midst of losing 7 of 8
SL: in midst of losing 10 straight
SF: the ONE team besides NE that was playing decent football when they played you
KC: in midst of losing 11 of 12
NYJ: in midst of losing 4 of 5

THIS is why I am here, to educate you. Vaark you are in so over your head against me I almost feel bad for you.

nyjunc
08-26-2010, 02:01 PM
You don't have to do anything Messiah. Let's do an experiment. Zip it for a week and let's see how peaceful this site is.

How about you guys stop attacking me for a week and see how peaceful it is here? If I wasn't here who would tear apart vaarks misinformation? I'm helping you guys to become more knowledeable fans, imagine the poster reading vaarks trash and believing then trying to debate someone wlse w/ that info? He'd look like a fool. Stop attacking and start thanking me.

Vaark
08-26-2010, 02:44 PM
It's like debating w/ a 3rd grader. You can put up Houston and ten and tell us how poorly they were playing at the time but yet also leave up Car and TB who went on winning streaks after we beat them. Which is it? You can't have it both ways.

You guys beat TWO teams w/ winning records in 2008- one w/ a QB making his 2nd start since HS and the other a dead team in week 17 out of the playoff hunt barring a miracle.
You beat teams with a combined less than .500 unless you have th audacity to include the not trying, already dead Bengals and the Curtis Painter lead Colts scrubs. So what?

Just so we can correct your usualy misinformation:

After we beat Houston the went on to win 5 of their next 7 games. At no point were they 2-5, do you even look this stuff up before you put together these silly little charts?
lost 4 of their 1st

stand corrected on Houston,,,,they were 2-2 in the subsequent 4 games

We beat NE in week 2 handing them their 1st loss and after losing to us they would go on to win 5 of their next 6
You squeaked by after Buffalo gave them a gift in game 1.
A still shaky Brady was 23-47, 216yds with 1 interception and no TDs Compare that to his 28-41, 1TD, 310+yds in wk 11 when he had his sealegs and trounced you 31-14 as a true measure of the spread between the Pats and Jest. You caught them at the right time, the narrow loss was more on the Pats than the win was on the jets

Ten was struggling as they started 0-6 though they did play close games against Pitt and Hou the previous 2 weeks.
changed QBs.. not apples to apples.

Oakland stunk BUT they did beat playoff bound Philly the week before.
but then went on to lose 6 of the next 9 including to Washington and KC. "Any given Sunday"

Carolina would win 4 of their last 5 after losing to us.
changed QBs... who can say you would have beaten Moore? He averaged 23 pts a game and you only put 17 up against The Panthers. Not apples to apples

Buffalo beat up you guys the week before we beat them and won again the week after we played them.
We pummelled them 38-10 in the first game since you're holding up a shaky Pats team in games 1- 2 that you beat early on as an accomplishment

TB would win their next 2 including over the eventual SB Champs on the road.
So when you were losing 6 out of 7 does that make you as bad as you allege TB to be good? LOL

the fact remains that these teams with the possible exception of Houston

Now let's look at the teams you beat in 2008:

NE: decent win but it was in Cassell's 2nd ever start
SD: started season 3-5, would lose 5 of next 7 after they played you
Buf: beat them twice in the midst of losing 8 of 10 games
Den: Den was in the midst of losing 4 of 5
Sea: in midst of losing 7 of 9
Oak: in midst of losing 7 of 8
SL: in midst of losing 10 straight
SF: the ONE team besides NE that was playing decent football when they played you
KC: in midst of losing 11 of 12
NYJ: in midst of losing 4 of 5

THIS is why I am here, to educate you. Vaark you are in so over your head against me I almost feel bad for you.

Junc, you aren't even in my zipcode. The funny thing is that you're so friggin dense I've been kicking your azz for months with unassailable facts refuting your parsed BS...and you don't even realize it. At this point, if you want to believe that the teams you beat last year played above .500 overall and above .300 at the time you played them, I can't prevent the delusion. If you want to believe that Cincinnati a dead team walking was more formidable last year than the 08 Ravens despite the FACTS, I leave you to your neatly world ordered delusions.

It's your prerogative to continue to make an azz and fool of yourself here with your selectively and narrowly parsed "facts" defending your fraud of a team while denigrating our accomplishments and legacy whenever the opportunity arises- doing your best imitation of The Rainman, in your OCD-driven quest to educate already educated fans (aka too smart to see things your way). It's just a shame that you crap up this site instead of other ones, since I personally know of about 10 excellent former FH posters who have cited you and your bullheadness to see things only your way and to hammer the same crap to death, as a major reason for moving on to another forum. In the past I've posted a number of comments on your own TGG forum with the same disdain and complaints about you but I won't embarrass you this time.

However, it's a sad state of affairs when your own forum might respect you even less than FH.

Vaark
08-26-2010, 02:47 PM
How about you guys stop attacking me for a week and see how peaceful it is here? If I wasn't here who would tear apart vaarks misinformation? I'm helping you guys to become more knowledeable fans, imagine the poster reading vaarks trash and believing then trying to debate someone wlse w/ that info? He'd look like a fool. Stop attacking and start thanking me.

You pompous little diquhead... no wonder everyone on TGG thinks you're a POS. Just because you're apparently so henpecked at home, as evidenced by your wife's not permittng you to post on weekends.. only when stealing your employer's time, there's no reason we have to put up with your smallcox type Napolean delusions of grandeur here. GFYS troll

mrodriguez4096
08-26-2010, 03:01 PM
You pompous little diquhead... no wonder everyone on TGG thinks you're a POS. Just because you're apparently so henpecked at home, as evidenced by your wife's not permittng you to post on weekends.. only when stealing your employer's time, there's no reason we have to put up with your smallcox type Napolean delusions of grandeur here. GFYS troll

Dude, I am you bro. I have to admit it has been nice to have put that troll on the ignore list but I shouldn't feel I need to do that because this is a FIN message board. While I like discussing points with other team fans, because you learn more about that team through them, this troll is in a league of his own and, in my opinion, just derails the thread and at every opportunity for him he'll take shots at the Dolphin's accomplishments while trying to put that crap of a team of his on a pedestal.

If people literally just ignored him and while he takes his cheap shots at the team nobody paid him any mind then maybe he would get the message. The more we seem to respond to him the more he seems to enjoy it. He claims to say facts and claims to be neutral on things but I have honestly yet to see him and whether he rooted for the Dolphins or whatever team it is in the manner that he goes about trying to shoehorn his point across to people that has really irked me about this poster.

Vaark - great job with the work you put in to finding all that info, I for one, appreciate it.

nyjunc
08-26-2010, 03:13 PM
Junc, you aren't even in my zipcode. The funny thing is that you're so friggin dense I've been kicking your azz for months with unassailable facts refuting your parsed BS...and you don't even realize it. At this point, if you want to believe that the teams you beat last year played above .500 overall and above .300 at the time you played them, I can't prevent the delusion. If you want to believe that Cincinnati a dead team walking was more formidable last year than the 08 Ravens despite the FACTS, I leave you to your neatly world ordered delusions.

It's your prerogative to continue to make an azz and fool of yourself here with your selectively and narrowly parsed "facts" defending your fraud of a team while denigrating our accomplishments and legacy whenever the opportunity arises- doing your best imitation of The Rainman, in your OCD-driven quest to educate already educated fans (aka too smart to see things your way). It's just a shame that you crap up this site instead of other ones, since I personally know of about 10 excellent former FH posters who have cited you and your bullheadness to see things only your way and to hammer the same crap to death, as a major reason for moving on to another forum. In the past I've posted a number of comments on your own TGG forum with the same disdain and complaints about you but I won't embarrass you this time.

However, it's a sad state of affairs when your own forum might respect you even less than FH.

:lol2: I apologize, I didn't realize you were just goofing the whole time. I guess the joke was on me by taking you somewhat seriously b/c there's just no way you could possibly be serious.

You always bring up TGG as if that has anything to do w/ your lack of knowledge. I am one of the most respected posters on that site, showing a few people mad at me doesn't change that. I have strong opinions which I back up so people will get upset w/ me from time to time.

"everyone":lol:

I have a family that I spend time w/ on the weekends, I apologize that I don't post out of my parents basement like you do. I really feel embarrassed for you, I think you actually believe some of this nonsense that you post and that is sad.

Dude, I am you bro. I have to admit it has been nice to have put that troll on the ignore list but I shouldn't feel I need to do that because this is a FIN message board. While I like discussing points with other team fans, because you learn more about that team through them, this troll is in a league of his own and, in my opinion, just derails the thread and at every opportunity for him he'll take shots at the Dolphin's accomplishments while trying to put that crap of a team of his on a pedestal.

If people literally just ignored him and while he takes his cheap shots at the team nobody paid him any mind then maybe he would get the message. The more we seem to respond to him the more he seems to enjoy it. He claims to say facts and claims to be neutral on things but I have honestly yet to see him and whether he rooted for the Dolphins or whatever team it is in the manner that he goes about trying to shoehorn his point across to people that has really irked me about this poster.

Vaark - great job with the work you put in to finding all that info, I for one, appreciate it.

:lol2: It's classic when rodriguez and vaark try to team up on me:lol:

Vaark
08-26-2010, 03:41 PM
:lol2: I apologize, I didn't realize you were just goofing the whole time. I guess the joke was on me by taking you somewhat seriously b/c there's just no way you could possibly be serious.

You always bring up TGG as if that has anything to do w/ your lack of knowledge. I am one of the most respected posters on that site, showing a few people mad at me doesn't change that. I have strong opinions which I back up so people will get upset w/ me from time to time.

"everyone":lol:

I have a family that I spend time w/ on the weekends, I apologize that I don't post out of my parents basement like you do. I really feel embarrassed for you, I think you actually believe some of this nonsense that you post and that is sad.

:lol2: It's classic when rodriguez and vaark try to team up on me:lol:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/03/2qwzyhe-1.jpg

Bound2Fail77
08-26-2010, 05:03 PM
I am a valuable member of this board, and I add my opinions, all the time, weather or not any of you care, or weather or not it's on topic. Sometimes I say good things, but most of the time I don't. I'm sorry, I'm just really not that knowledgeable, and usually give myself too much credit. I always repeat myself. And if you tell me to stop repeating myself you just simply did not read what I wrote correctly, and are illiterate. Honestly, it's everybody elses fault that nobody likes me on my own Jets forum, so I have to come to your Miami Dolphins board, excuse me, "our Miami Dolphins board" and watch you guys hysterically slam me and my team every time I say something stupid. But it's OK, by now 330,000 repeating posts later, I'm use to it. It is not my fault I have a small penis, but I learned how to live with it effectively

Cleaned that up for you a bit.

nyjunc
08-26-2010, 05:14 PM
Cleaned that up for you a bit.

I give you credit for trying and as bad as that was it was funnier than anything vaark has posted.

mrodriguez4096
08-26-2010, 05:43 PM
@ Bound - This has got to be post of the day for me. I am still laughing at what you did and I have read it twice.. Thanks for the laugh man.

Vaark
08-26-2010, 05:52 PM
I give you credit for trying and as bad as that was it was funnier than anything vaark has posted.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/03/j61hdt-1.jpg

Wildbill3
08-26-2010, 06:31 PM
Well this is effectivly a train-wreck thread. I don't like Tom Brady. anyway off to the depths we go!

rev kev
08-26-2010, 06:33 PM
Woo hoo !!!!!!!!!!!!

lucid22
08-26-2010, 08:08 PM
lol golden showers

Flip Tanneflop
08-26-2010, 10:01 PM

How bout going somewhere and **** yourself pal. Im sick of your ****. What arrogant BS you spout. I just now found this thread. This is what the **** Im talking about. And yet, they give you awards and **** around here.

I leave for a bit and this place gets *** backwards. I got sick of seeing threads with fake *** phins fans talking about the Jets with you and practically kissing your *** and talking about how good the Jets are going to be. Get the **** outta here. The Jets ****ing blow and your "information" as you call it is worth less than the change in the floor of my car OK.

Honestly, this is why I had to come back. I left because of stupid **** like this.(Yea my prolonged absence was more than the server change. I got sick of some of the BS around here. My password got screwed up and it seemed like people didnt care to fix it. That on top of the trying to give me **** awards like "debbie downer" while giving real awards to ****ing piece of **** Jets fans turned me off of this place for a bit) Then I had some health issues and I got married on top of it, so until recently I havent had much time to come on here anyways.

Nevertheless, after a few days of seeing what was going on, I said **** it, I had to not only come back, but come back the way WVDolphan would. I had to do it right. And if FH couldnt handle it, then **** em. **** the Jets and **** these lame fans that only want to cheerlead for bottom of the roster scrubs and UPS men who play in the spring and summer and treat Jets fans with "respect" on here. And if dudes **** up for us in games that count, then Im letting loose OK.

Im not holding back on Jets fans either. Especially pretentious pricks like NYJunc. Why some people on here think he knows football is beyond me.

Vaark
08-26-2010, 10:31 PM
How bout going somewhere and **** yourself pal. Im sick of your ****. What arrogant BS you spout. I just now found this thread. This is what the **** Im talking about. And yet, they give you awards and **** around here.

I leave for a bit and this place gets *** backwards. I got sick of seeing threads with fake *** phins fans talking about the Jets with you and practically kissing your *** and talking about how good the Jets are going to be. Get the **** outta here. The Jets ****ing blow and your "information" as you call it is worth less than the change in the floor of my car OK.

Honestly, this is why I had to come back. I left because of stupid **** like this.(Yea my prolonged absence was more than the server change. I got sick of some of the BS around here. My password got screwed up and it seemed like people didnt care to fix it. That on top of the trying to give me **** awards like "debbie downer" while giving real awards to ****ing piece of **** Jets fans turned me off of this place for a bit) Then I had some health issues and I got married on top of it, so until recently I havent had much time to come on here anyways.

Nevertheless, after a few days of seeing what was going on, I said **** it, I had to not only come back, but come back the way WVDolphan would. I had to do it right. And if FH couldnt handle it, then **** em. **** the Jets and **** these lame fans that only want to cheerlead for bottom of the roster scrubs and UPS men who play in the spring and summer and treat Jets fans with "respect" on here. And if dudes **** up for us in games that count, then Im letting loose OK.

Im not holding back on Jets fans either. Especially pretentious pricks like NYJunc. Why some people on here think he knows football is beyond me.

I've been calling this pompous little Nancy out for a long time as the troll she really is. Because she doesn't start posts that inflame and is polite while dissing most everything Fins, she's fooled a lot of gullible members until recently. Now with the bull**** about Cincinnati being a formidable playoff team, their 7-7+2 laydowns fraud of a team being worthier than our division winning championship one and insisting that they actually stood a chance against a team that almost doubled their score in 6 qtrs and ran off 24 unanswered playoff pts against them has opened some eyes around here. I no longer feel like the lone voice of reason calling out a troll in sheep's clothing. Maybe I should have ignored her obvious case of OCD and displaced Oedipal Complex , like most others around here, and many on TGG do routinely, but it's hard not to call out the bull**** since it's obvious she actually believes that the conveniently selectively parsed talking points she shovels is accepted as fact just because everyone is too exhausted to continue to argue with The Rainman (or woman) of FH.

Please don't forget to use the new smiley :vaark2: to hold junkhead's feet to the fire when next trying to insert herself to derail, redirect or just rain on a positive Fins thread that's none of her concern.

redbeard75
08-26-2010, 10:39 PM

I haven't been a member long so I don't remeber you before but I am damn glad your on here now. You always call it how you see it. (And majority of the way we see it but don't speak up and say it.) Great post.

Ilovemyfins4eva
08-26-2010, 10:50 PM

never leave this site please, your to entertaining and you have to much knowledge of the game. if you left thered be a huge void. dont let a jet troll make you leave the best dolphin fan site on the web.

Ilovemyfins4eva
08-26-2010, 10:53 PM
i dont know junc personally obviously, but i just dont understand how a guy has so much time on his hands to write on our site. i mean he has over 15,000 posts since 2004 and its a dolphin fan site.

even if he came on here to comment when the jets and dolphins played, they only play twice a year, so i dont see how he has over 15,000 posts on here. when i go on here in the morning, it seems like he wakes up right away and responds to everyones posts from around 7 am till 4pm. i just dont no why he wants to spend so much time on our fan site.

Flip Tanneflop
08-27-2010, 02:59 AM
I've been calling this pompous little Nancy out for a long time as the troll she really is. Because she doesn't start posts that inflame and is polite while dissing most everything Fins, she's fooled a lot of gullible members until recently. Now with the bull**** about Cincinnati being a formidable playoff team, their 7-7+2 laydowns fraud of a team being worthier than our division winning championship one and insisting that they actually stood a chance against a team that almost doubled their score in 6 qtrs and ran off 24 unanswered playoff pts against them has opened some eyes around here. I no longer feel like the lone voice of reason calling out a troll in sheep's clothing. Maybe I should have ignored her obvious case of OCD and displaced Oedipal Complex , like most others around here, and many on TGG do routinely, but it's hard not to call out the bull**** since it's obvious she actually believes that the conveniently selectively parsed talking points she shovels is accepted as fact just because everyone is too exhausted to continue to argue with The Rainman (or woman) of FH.

Please don't forget to use the new smiley :vaark2: to hold junkhead's feet to the fire when next trying to insert herself to derail, redirect or just rain on a positive Fins thread that's none of her concern.

Another Bullseye.

DzakkH13
08-27-2010, 04:15 AM
Junc knows jack sh*t about football. He'll be back here after our Phins beat his Jets team and talking bullsh*t about excuses as to why they lost. He did it last year and still there were people dumb enough to vote his @ss "best of enemy posters". Whatever the **** that sh*t is. **** the Jets!

DzakkH13
08-27-2010, 04:16 AM
i dont know junc personally obviously, but i just dont understand how a guy has so much time on his hands to write on our site. i mean he has over 15,000 posts since 2004 and its a dolphin fan site.

even if he came on here to comment when the jets and dolphins played, they only play twice a year, so i dont see how he has over 15,000 posts on here. when i go on here in the morning, it seems like he wakes up right away and responds to everyones posts from around 7 am till 4pm. i just dont no why he wants to spend so much time on our fan site.

Because they ****ing hate his *** over on The Gag Green. He has been banned from there numerous times. The ****ing Jets fans can't even tolerate his ***.

nyjunc
08-27-2010, 08:07 AM

Tony Dungy would like to speak to you.

Bring everything you have against me b/c it appears you don't have much besides cursing.

ooohhh calling me she, you are so outrageous!:lol:

I have the 2010 special olympics team ganging up on me:lol:

Vaark
08-27-2010, 08:49 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/03/2qwzyhe-1.jpg

Wildbill3
08-27-2010, 09:28 AM
this thread is full of classic.

flynryan15
08-27-2010, 09:38 AM
Hey Junk whY is the exact value you place on defensive and special teams touchdowns?

nyjunc
08-27-2010, 09:47 AM
Hey Junk whY is the exact value you place on defensive and special teams touchdowns?

What do you mean by this?

flynryan15
08-27-2010, 09:52 AM
What do you mean by this?

Simple you discredit our second win against your **** team by saying it really doesn't count because we needed 3 fluke TDs to win. So how many points are they worth?

nyjunc
08-27-2010, 09:57 AM
Simple you discredit our second win against your **** team by saying it really doesn't count because we needed 3 fluke TDs to win. So how many points are they worth?

I don't discredit anything, you guys made the plays you had to in order to win BUT a 3 non offensive TD game is very rare so you will have to play much better the next time we meet. If that game is played out and we dominate on O and D like we did we will easily win.

D and STs TDs are a binus, you cannot count on them but when they happen it's huge for the team that scored and deflating for the team that was scored upon and yet w/ 3 of them we still had a chance to win on the final drive.

I have said it over and over and over again. I think both of our teams are very close, it will not surprise me if Miami wins the divison, NE or us. I think the teams are that close. I am most worried about NE though b/c they have the best QB who appears healthy.

Flip Tanneflop
08-27-2010, 11:40 AM
I don't discredit anything, you guys made the plays you had to in order to win BUT a 3 non offensive TD game is very rare so you will have to play much better the next time we meet. If that game is played out and we dominate on O and D like we did we will easily win.

D and STs TDs are a binus, you cannot count on them but when they happen it's huge for the team that scored and deflating for the team that was scored upon and yet w/ 3 of them we still had a chance to win on the final drive.

I have said it over and over and over again. I think both of our teams are very close, it will not surprise me if Miami wins the divison, NE or us. I think the teams are that close. I am most worried about NE though b/c they have the best QB who appears healthy.

Binus? Sounds like a term Mark Sanchez invented for getting one in his mouth while having another in his ***. No wonder you mention ST-TDs right before using that term. When youre that ****ing gay, you get an extra T.

nyjunc
08-27-2010, 11:54 AM
Binus? Sounds like a term Mark Sanchez invented for getting one in his mouth while having another in his ***. No wonder you mention ST-TDs right before using that term. When youre that ****ing gay, you get an extra T.

Really? is that the best you got? You sure do harp on gay stuff alot though, I wonder why that is?:snack:

Flip Tanneflop
08-27-2010, 12:17 PM
Really? is that the best you got? You sure do harp on gay stuff alot though, I wonder why that is?:snack:

Youre always here.

flynryan15
08-27-2010, 12:41 PM

So are you going to rely on 2 teams resting their starters aNd 5 missed FGs for your biblical playoff run this year? What's more rare in the NFL?

nyjunc
08-27-2010, 01:48 PM
Youre always here.

Your asinine thread whining about the schedule should tell you that instead of attacking me you should be paying attention to what I post then you wouldn't look so foolish w/ threads like that.

So are you going to rely on 2 teams resting their starters aNd 5 missed FGs for your biblical playoff run this year? What's more rare in the NFL?

3 non offensive TDs in a game are more rare.

2 years earlier Ten got a HALF of Indy backups, did you complain then?

and the better team that day won in both Cincy and SD. SD was better than we were last year but on that day we were the better team.

You guys always bring up missed FGs, do we get that excuse for our kicker missing 2 kicks in te title game?

flynryan15
08-27-2010, 02:03 PM
Your asinine thread whining about the schedule should tell you that instead of attacking me you should be paying attention to what I post then you wouldn't look so foolish w/ threads like that.

3 non offensive TDs in a game are more rare.

2 years earlier Ten got a HALF of Indy backups, did you complain then?

and the better team that day won in both Cincy and SD. SD was better than we were last year but on that day we were the better team.

You guys always bring up missed FGs, do we get that excuse for our kicker missing 2 kicks in te title game?

Bull****! So you know what the statistical odds are that a 7-7 team gets 2 teams that don't care in week 16&17? Don't even go there because it is way more of a long shot then bin offensive tds in a single game!

Forget your missed FGs! What happened to your big bad defense up 2 scores with only half a football game to play? Facing a pass only team! EXPOSED!

nyjunc
08-27-2010, 02:12 PM
Bull****! So you know what the statistical odds are that a 7-7 team gets 2 teams that don't care in week 16&17? Don't even go there because it is way more of a long shot then bin offensive tds in a single game!

Forget your missed FGs! What happened to your big bad defense up 2 scores with only half a football game to play? Facing a pass only team! EXPOSED!

Week 17 we got Cincy starters for a hal;f and we were beating them 27-0. We got a qtr and a half of backups in a meaningful situation. That's less rare than 3 non offensive TDs in one game.

Our D was not a domianting D, it was the best the league had to offer in 2009 but it wasn't a truly great D. Truly great D's don't blow those 2 Miami games, the Jax game, the Atl game and the Indy game.

Flip Tanneflop
08-27-2010, 03:44 PM
Week 17 we got Cincy starters for a hal;f and we were beating them 27-0. We got a qtr and a half of backups in a meaningful situation. That's less rare than 3 non offensive TDs in one game.

Our D was not a domianting D, it was the best the league had to offer in 2009 but it wasn't a truly great D. Truly great D's don't blow those 2 Miami games, the Jax game, the Atl game and the Indy game.

Youre ****ing clueless dude. Im sure Cincinatti was running the same stuff they would run the next week while the starters were in too. Get ****ing real.

nyjunc
08-27-2010, 03:49 PM
Youre ****ing clueless dude. Im sure Cincinatti was running the same stuff they would run the next week while the starters were in too. Get ****ing real.

You sure can curse!:loco: