PDA

View Full Version : Remember what happened to the last white reciever with good hands we traded away???

31orehymoniram
08-25-2010, 03:17 PM
I hope this works out for us but its definetly gonna work for Camarillo... he should put up good numbers there. i can see him being a welker type for the vikes. With that being said Sapp makes us deeper at a position we're already good at

Jdub561
08-25-2010, 03:19 PM
GREG CAMARILLO is Latin American FYI

X-Pacolypse
08-25-2010, 03:20 PM
OMG. Can we PLEASE stop comparing this to the Welker trade! Please?

foozool13
I think the injuries for him is what got him traded int he end...plus his skill set is identical to Hartline and Bess. Makes sens to trade him, just dont know if this was the RIGHT trade.

sharp
what happened to the last native american WR we traded? Oh wait we never had one. I call racism on the homeland.

31orehymoniram
08-25-2010, 03:21 PM
sorry latinamerican ... just trying to make a point the last reciever we used like cam was welker and look how he turned out

Ricky'sWeinerBong
08-25-2010, 03:21 PM
the Greg Camarillo fanclub is outraged. I saw this coming...............

Jdub561
08-25-2010, 03:22 PM
sorry latinamerican ... Just trying to make a point the last reciever we used like cam was welker and look how he turned out

fail

oasis
08-25-2010, 03:23 PM
Cam will do very well in Minny but he won't be a Welker-like star.

SR 7
08-25-2010, 03:24 PM
Difference is Welker had Acceleration, Cam doesn't.

Cam has AMAZING hands BUT I think CB depth might have been a bigger issue for this team especially with how Moore has great acceleration which is somethign we dont have at the moment.

Yessir
08-25-2010, 03:25 PM
Cam isn't Welker. But he is certainly a very solid player. He's a consistent chain mover. He'll have a good year for the Vikes, no question about it. Not sure how I feel about this trade.

thedayafter
08-25-2010, 03:26 PM
He was an extra part in the garage.... we swapped for something else we needed more.... nothing more or less....

SuperMarksBros.
08-25-2010, 03:28 PM
Welker hammered the Dolphins on the way out, forgetting they picked him up off the trash heap and gave him a shot. **** him. Lets not compare that dbag to Camarillo.

Vaark
08-25-2010, 03:28 PM

actually while his dad's side is Mexican, his mom's is Hungarian for the record.

Jdub561
08-25-2010, 03:33 PM
actually while his dad's side is Mexican, his mom's is Hungarian for the record.

good catch

Phin-o-rama
08-25-2010, 03:38 PM
he doesn't even know spanish

oasis
08-25-2010, 03:44 PM
Thank goodness Sean Smith has a little Hispanic in him otherwise the Hispanic Heritage game vs. Jets would be all about Sanchez now.

23EmilioVasquez
08-25-2010, 03:50 PM

Viva La Raza

CalDolFan10x14
08-25-2010, 03:55 PM
Thank goodness Sean Smith has a little Hispanic in him otherwise the Hispanic Heritage game vs. Jets would be all about Sanchez now.

Don't worry...Rex has enough Mexican inside of him to make up for it...Think Outside the Bun! Donggggg! :lol:

SpurzN703
08-25-2010, 03:56 PM
I hope this works out for us but its definetly gonna work for Camarillo... he should put up good numbers there. i can see him being a welker type for the vikes. With that being said Sapp makes us deeper at a position we're already good at

What's a reciever?

abNORMal
08-25-2010, 03:58 PM
To the OP:
Stop injecting race and/or national origin issues into topics where it is not necessary. It makes you seem like a racist.....If you are talking about welker...how about just saying welker, instead of "white receiver."

DolfanISS
08-25-2010, 04:03 PM
To the OP:
Stop injecting race and/or national origin issues into topics where it is not necessary. It makes you seem like a racist.....If you are talking about welker...how about just saying welker, instead of "white receiver."

Or the last number 83. Seriously we will miss Cam but the Dolphins seldom put more than 3 WR's on the field anyway. They usually like to put backs and tight ends instead. Cam was depth and we really need the depth at CB more.

CalDolFan10x14
08-25-2010, 04:09 PM
sorry latinamerican ... just trying to make a point the last reciever we used like cam was welker and look how he turned out

Cam is nowhere near Welker's level. Plus, when the Dolphins traded Welker, he had a Brady in his prime to throw to him. Cam has Brett...a HOFer in his own right, but a 40 year-older who is waaaaay past his prime and could be one solid sack away from retirement.

MrEd
08-25-2010, 04:25 PM

Well, let me inform/educate on two errors you made with your OP...first, there's no nation on earth called White, so that's erroneous right there...secondly, Greg Camarillo is not from any 'white' nation...he's Hispanic...lol

Tunaphish429
08-25-2010, 04:48 PM

I know!!! OMG we should have never traded away Olindo Mare

Wait wasnt Mare Asian?

Extreme sarcasm

31orehymoniram
08-25-2010, 06:10 PM
wow.. you all missed the whole point of the thread and thats to say Cam reminds me of Welker. the funny thing is that Im half haitian and didnt even look at the comment as being racist in the least, i was drawing comparison. its sad that we have become such a cynical society that we cant even say the word white or black, to any body I offended sorry. these posts are supposed to be about football and the Fins but everyone digs deeper, it is what it is so chill

phins2k3
08-25-2010, 06:41 PM
I know the trade needed to be done but watch Camarillo come back and burn us on that 2nd game of the season.It never fails and always happens to the Dolphins,lol!

sharp
08-25-2010, 08:23 PM
someone call Rixon

dolpns13
08-25-2010, 08:27 PM
oh christ... here we go again with the meaningless Welker talk! Its been what, 3 years.. GET OVER IT.. I feel bad for your exgirlfriends.... stalkers

utahphinsfan
08-25-2010, 08:31 PM
OMG. Can we PLEASE stop comparing this to the Welker trade! Please?

Amen & Agreed.

This is nothing like the Welker deal. 1) it isn't to a divsion rival, 2) it wasn't for draft picks, 3) it had nothing to do w/ Free Agency, & 4) Bill, Jeff, & Tony know what they are doing.

finfan54
08-25-2010, 08:31 PM
Difference is Welker had Acceleration, Cam doesn't.

Cam has AMAZING hands BUT I think CB depth might have been a bigger issue for this team especially with how Moore has great acceleration which is somethign we dont have at the moment.

difference is welker made it first as special teamer, which is what we need now more than anything.

utahphinsfan
08-25-2010, 08:53 PM

Isn't everything already about the Sanchize? :chuckle:

At least, Suzy Kolber won't be affected by any Namath like hijinx by MS6.

Smith21
08-25-2010, 09:14 PM

the only thing these 2 guys had in common was there skin color (even if he isn't white) now get off it.

Honus Joglund
08-25-2010, 09:22 PM
Anyone think we should move Zach to safety?

lbmclean_sj
08-25-2010, 09:47 PM
remember the last good thread on finheaven?

I don't

The Goat
08-25-2010, 09:51 PM
wow.. you all missed the whole point of the thread and thats to say Cam reminds me of Welker. the funny thing is that Im half haitian and didnt even look at the comment as being racist in the least, i was drawing comparison. its sad that we have become such a cynical society that we cant even say the word white or black, to any body I offended sorry. these posts are supposed to be about football and the Fins but everyone digs deeper, it is what it is so chill

Your stance is silly.

1) Your being Haitian has nothing to do with the statement being racist.

2) If your original comparison was Camarillo to Welker, then why was either one being white relevant?

3) Yesterday, the receiver on our team with the closest skill set to Wes Welker was Davone Bess.

amstech
08-25-2010, 09:54 PM
I think the reason has more to do with our secondary dropping their pants then the fact that we finally have some depth at WR.

jlfin
08-25-2010, 10:05 PM
Cam is nowhere near Welker's level. Plus, when the Dolphins traded Welker, he had a Brady in his prime to throw to him. Cam has Brett...a HOFer in his own right, but a 40 year-older who is waaaaay past his prime and could be one solid sack away from retirement.

Even Welker (when he played for the Phins) was nowhere near Welker's level after he left. The legend of Welker just continues to grow. He's the product of that system at NE. He is rarely matched straight up against a number 1 or 2 CB. He is often put into motion so that he can get off the line of scrimmage cleanly. That's how they utilize his quickness and shiftiness. He's not very good at handling tight bump and run coverage.
He is a smart player and knows how to find the soft spot in a defense. He also has no deep speed. YB caught him from behind after spotting him a 10yd cushion in the home game last season.
When he played for the Phins (when they were talent starved) he was shut down by the Jets and Pats defenses when they rolled coverages to him.
You put WW on another team with just a decent QB and average supporting cast and you would see just how unspectacular he is.

67Stang
08-25-2010, 10:45 PM
This reminds me of the whole OJ McDuffie debacle! I don't know why, it just does! I bet if this wasn't Wednesday or August, this would have never happened!

Dolfan984
08-25-2010, 11:00 PM

He's half Mexican half Polish. So he's 1/2 Hispanic and 1/2 white.

67Stang
08-25-2010, 11:07 PM
I think he is part Viking too

JCane
08-25-2010, 11:14 PM
This thread is a steaming stinking TURD. Unreal.

"Remember what happened the last time we traded a white wide receiver..."

Yeah, I remember. We had a TERRIBLE front office, HORRIBLE offense and no one knew how to use Wes Welker. We traded him to a team who had a GREAT front office and KNEW how to use Wes Welker. Not only that, but Welker was able to benefit from some guy named Tim Brody I believe. Heard that guy has won a few Super Bowls and is above average in QB skills.

So I'm still trying to figure out where the fact that he's "white" or whatever has ANYTHING to do with ANYTHING.

This thread ****ing SUCKS. I'm just shaking my damn head at this thread. Good grief.

You serious, Clark?

rev kev
08-25-2010, 11:18 PM
Welker was traded but it's not like we were in a position to match the Pats offer, not to forget Welker couldn't wait to leave the Pats...

72champagne
08-25-2010, 11:35 PM
This thread is a steaming stinking TURD. Unreal.

"Remember what happened the last time we traded a white wide receiver..."

Yeah, I remember. We had a TERRIBLE front office, HORRIBLE offense and no one knew how to use Wes Welker. We traded him to a team who had a GREAT front office and KNEW how to use Wes Welker. Not only that, but Welker was able to benefit from some guy named Tim Brody I believe. Heard that guy has won a few Super Bowls and is above average in QB skills.

So I'm still trying to figure out where the fact that he's "white" or whatever has ANYTHING to do with ANYTHING.

This thread ****ing SUCKS. I'm just shaking my damn head at this thread. Good grief.

You serious, Clark?
you lost me at Tom Brody. is he white?

BobDole
08-25-2010, 11:38 PM
i've seen about enough of this mass rape. depths time.

67Stang
08-26-2010, 12:26 AM
White people have hands?

tay0365
08-26-2010, 12:57 AM

Well, technically a Latin American can be White, Black, Indian, Asian, or mix of those things, so calling Cam white is not that far off.....technically.

tay0365
08-26-2010, 01:13 AM
He's half Mexican half Polish. So he's 1/2 Hispanic and 1/2 white.

Another fail, just because he is Hispanic, does not mean he is not white.

I am a big fan of Cam, but can't compare him to Welker.

#1dolphinsfan
08-26-2010, 01:40 AM
Cam is a good Slot but he is Welker good

JCane
08-26-2010, 03:55 AM
someone call Rixon

No one in this thread can fully understand just how ****ing FUNNY this post is.

:sidelol:

Possum
08-26-2010, 04:02 AM

where is that poor ******* anyway.

BobDole
08-26-2010, 04:04 AM
Well, technically a Latin American can be White, Black, Indian, Asian, or mix of those things, so calling Cam white is not that far off.....technically.

really? better than this one? i don't know ... :lol:

someone give this 5 stars. it's awesomeness is preventing me from doing so.

BobDole
08-26-2010, 04:05 AM
he doesn't even know spanish

can't. stop. laughing.

JCane
08-26-2010, 04:07 AM
where is that poor ******* anyway.

We banned him for good lol.

JCane
08-26-2010, 04:07 AM
http://www.worldofstock.com/slides/PSO1664.jpg

Possum
08-26-2010, 04:28 AM
http://www.worldofstock.com/slides/PSO1664.jpglink fail?

tylerdolphin
08-26-2010, 02:22 PM

Easily one of the top 5 funniest posts in FH history. Probably the most underrated post too. Only three thanks...

tay0365
08-29-2010, 02:09 AM
We banned him for good lol.

Wow, so now he has to go to rallies to show how not racist he is, and to talk about Dolphin football....hmm