PDA

View Full Version : Florida recruits threaten to transfer

TedSlimmJr
08-26-2010, 12:42 AM
http://www.alligator.org/sports/football/article_380a213c-b07c-11df-bee7-001cc4c03286.html

BobDole
08-26-2010, 12:44 AM
bad link slimm.

TedSlimmJr
08-26-2010, 12:45 AM
Can't get the link to work.... not sure what's going on here... If anyone else can find it just go ahead and post it...

BobDole
08-26-2010, 12:50 AM
http://www.alligator.org/sports/football/article_380a213c-b07e-11df-bee7-001cc4c03286.html

BobDole
08-26-2010, 12:54 AM
i'm not worried about this just yet. they were total studs in HS - powell was the #1 recruit in the nation and easley was a 5 star guy - and they were in for a rude awakening at one point or another. the bad thing about having such a stacked recruiting class (best ever if you ask me) is that these guys feed off each other and form their own little 'we're the **** - don't fugg with us' clique.

not news just yet. i would freak if it actually did happened b/c those two along with elam were the best of the bunch. get coachable fellas.

TedSlimmJr
08-26-2010, 12:55 AM
Thanks Bob....

BobDole
08-26-2010, 12:57 AM
my pleasure man.

what's your take on this?

TedSlimmJr
08-26-2010, 01:01 AM
i'm not worried about this just yet. they were total studs in HS - powell was the #1 recruit in the nation and easley was a 5 star guy - and they were in for a rude awakening at one point or another. the bad thing about having such a stacked recruiting class (best ever if you ask me) is that these guys feed off each other and form their own little 'we're the **** - don't fugg with us' clique.

not news just yet. i would freak if it actually did happened b/c those two along with elam were the best of the bunch. get coachable fellas.

Well it's interesting because I was just listening to Steve Spurrier talk the other day about UF's recruits and how they all understand that if you go to Florida, you do so with the understanding that you have to wait your turn....

The poll-sters haven't bought into the hype reguarding UF's recruiting class.. but it appears as if the recruits themselves have... they've read too many of their own press clippings...

Wade, Bosh, and Lebron James, eh?

These 5 star legends in their own mind are in for a rude awakening when backs like Ingram and Trent Richardson are barrelling downhill at them...

Please don't transfer....:lol:

BobDole
08-26-2010, 01:08 AM
they should know better than thinking they were gonna see much playing time this year. that's just how it goes with deep college teams - you have to wait at least a year before the PT begins. at florida it's typically two - especially along the O and D lines.

richardson and ingram will be long gone by the time these guys are regularly playing on saturdays. both of them need to put on some serious weight - ingram and richardson would roll over those fools right now.

meyer has said a few times this offseason that we're not looking that great. don't have the speed we typically have. he's got me a little worried to be honest.

TedSlimmJr
08-26-2010, 01:14 AM
Indications are that Urban got on their *** and set them straight... basically put it bluntly to them that this is the SEC and they haven't proven a damn thing yet.... they're not playing because they're NOT READY YET.. no matter how great they THINK they are...

These kids need a nice, big slice of humble pie.... and there's no better place to get a heaping helping of it shoved down your throat than in the Southeastern Conference...

I don't think they're going anywhere...

BobDole
08-26-2010, 01:23 AM
total faith in urban that he told these kids what time it is. he's the man. about 6 months ago i would've said he was the best coach in college football until i saw us getting thoroughly out coached by some guy named saban. makes that argument look just a tad ridiculous. although addazio didn't help the cause. losing strong and retaining addazio - oiy.

you going to the game in tuscaloosa this year? i'm trying to get a group together and make a road trip. never been to a game there - one of the few SEC schools i can say that about.

TedSlimmJr
08-26-2010, 01:31 AM
I can't believe these kids would challenge Urban Meyer like that... they're too big for their britches.. Believe me... the defensive line is no place for divas... especially not in the SEC...

This is why Saban has a policy that freshman are not allowed to talk to the media.... Urban should consider it...

What Urban needs to tell them is that there's a kid in the SEC who was a 3 star recruit according to rivals... who was rated as 57th best at his position... and 839th overall as a prospect...

...that kid is Mark Ingram and just won the Heisman Trophy... Nobody in the SEC cares about how highly recruited you were... you better have your chinstap buckled come Saturdays in this league....

I plan on being in BDS with the wife and son for all the home game this year except SJSU and Georgia St..... let me know if you guys can make it in October...

BobDole
08-26-2010, 01:43 AM
after an almost scare like this he might pull the privacy policy thing. not a bad idea at all. freshmen don't have any business talking to the media anyhow unless they're the starting QB a la matt barkley. freshmen almost never see the field at UF. these kids should know that. it does sound like they bought into their own hype - not what you want to hear.

i'll let you know if i can make it up come october. i'll buy you a beer if i can convince my buddies to go.

TedSlimmJr
08-26-2010, 01:53 AM
Can't let you do that Bob... your beer is on me...:up:

In fact, you guys should get to the stadium early and hang out on the hill with all the Bama kids... I'm sure you'll have a good time...:lol:

On a serious note, I did hear that Pouncey more less "kicked Powell's ***" and UF is keeping it hush-hush... Pouncey knows what it's like to have to match up in the trenches week in and week out in this league....

BobDole
08-26-2010, 02:02 AM
Can't let you do that Bob... your beer is on me...:up:

In fact, you guys should get to the stadium early and hang out on the hill with all the Bama kids... I'm sure you'll have a good time...:lol:

On a serious note, I did hear that Pouncey more less "kicked Powell's ***" and UF is keeping it hush-hush... Pouncey knows what it's like to have to match up in the trenches week in and week out in this league....

i've heard the bama fans weren't too awful with opposing fans actually. slimm i've been to knoxville. nothing will ever be able to top how awful those kids were. throwing beer bottles at me from the top of the parking garage? really? if i can handle knoxville and jacksonville (georgia) - i can handle anything. :lol:

if we do make it up we'll definitely find somewhere to tailgate. or at the very least a bar to drink heavily in before the game. i'll let you know either way so we can meet up beforehand.

i just read about this whole thing earlier today. good for pouncey if that's true - a good *** kicking will be/is good for these kids. give them a little perspective.

TedSlimmJr
08-26-2010, 02:12 AM
Bama fans will always treat you right... BDS is one of the best gameday experiences any opposing fan can have...

I've been to Knoxville many times in late October, but I've never had a problem... I'm usually there with Vol fans that I've known for 30 years...

But I have to say that some of the best experiences I've ever had was in Baton Rouge.... those cajuns down there party like nobody I've ever seen.... they would invite us over to their little groups to drink beer and eat jambalaya and crawfish, etc... but when it was time for the game to start they kicked you out and wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire...:lol: Good people and GREAT fans...

The worst is Auburn fans IMO.... the hate between these two schools and fanbases borders on insanity... I have MANY stories to tell about some experiences down on the plains over the years...

BobDole
08-26-2010, 02:28 AM
Bama fans will always treat you right... BDS is one of the best gameday experiences any opposing fan can have...

I've been to Knoxville many times in late October, but I've never had a problem... I'm usually there with Vol fans that I've known for 30 years...

But I have to say that some of the best experiences I've ever had was in Baton Rouge.... those cajuns down there party like nobody I've ever seen.... they would invite us over to their little groups to drink beer and eat jambalaya and crawfish, etc... but when it was time for the game to start they kicked you out and wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire...:lol: Good people and GREAT fans...

The worst is Auburn fans IMO.... the hate between these two schools and fanbases borders on insanity... I have MANY stories to tell about some experiences down on the plains over the years...

of course you're gonna say auburn fans are the worst. you guys aren't only rivals - but hated rivals. i have two cousins that went to auburn - i know all about that rivalry. i was in virginia beach watching the title game with my cousin and he was literally rooting for a bama player to get hurt on every play. even i was like 'dude - chill and enjoy the game.' one of the most intense rivalries in college football as far as pure unabashed hatred for the other team goes. i've been to plenty of games there sporting my blue and orange. never had a problem.

it goes back to the knoxville thing. we're rivals but they hate us WAY more than we hate them. personally, they're my most hated team - but the **** i've had happen to me in knoxville is ridiculous. i even had friends dress up like vols fans last time we went - half to not get abused and half to pick up on those beautiful women - but still. that's how bad they treat gator fans in knoxville.

we had the baton rouge talk some time back. by far my favorite place - other than the swamp - to watch a game. most intense fans i've ever encountered. you think that stadium is going to collapse they go so crazy there. and they'll party with you win or lose - before and after the game. never had a bad experience there. that's how all football fans should be IMO. die hard fans for your team - know what the fugg you're talking about (you can actually have a conversation with them about football and they know their **** - how rare is that?) - and don't treat opposing fans with disgusting hostility. been to death valley like 5 times - and i'll be back many more.

MikeO
08-26-2010, 08:37 AM
not the sharpest kinds in the world if they thought they could walk into Florida and play from day 1. Or they bought into the BS they were sold during recruiting and actually believed what the coaches told them

COphinphan89
08-27-2010, 01:45 PM
This has apparently blown over and they're back at practice.