PDA

View Full Version : UNC football program could be in some pretty deep...

COphinphan89
08-27-2010, 01:50 PM
Haven't seen a thread on this yet. This could get very, very ugly. If some of the stuff in this article turns out to be true they could get hit harder than USC.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5501067

chrisbaucom
08-27-2010, 02:17 PM
You aren't lying. They are screwed!!! Joe Schad says Vontae Davis is the one who payed for Marvin Austin's trip to So Fla...and Butch's nanny is writing papers for players. It's probably only the tip of the iceberg....the NCAA will tear that place apart.

CedarPhin
08-27-2010, 03:03 PM
Maybe Shantard can finally beat UNC with half of their D gone.

X-Pacolypse
08-28-2010, 03:43 PM
This is a bigger "lack of institutional control" than anything that ever happened at SC. Not defending SC, but this stuff going on at UNC is WAY worse.

COphinphan89
08-28-2010, 07:31 PM
Hell I thought USC's penalties were a bit harsh and I'm no USC fan. The stuff that's being mentioned here is pretty shady and if the NCAA at least considered the TV ban for USC, which they reportedly did, UNC could actually get it if enough of this is true. And that sucks because I thought Butch had that program ready to become a legitimate force in the ACC.

They won't get the "death penalty" though. I think the NCAA will even admit now that what they did to SMU in the mid 80's was a tad excessive. They're done giving that out. But I could be wrong....

Cloudy
09-02-2010, 07:13 AM
Personally, I thought it was really crazy that North Carolina had soo many top ranked defensive players. Maybe there was something to that after all.

nyjunc
09-02-2010, 08:13 AM
Its been over 10 years since Carolina had a potentail top 10 team and now this season is almost dashed beforee it begins. They can't find anything w/ Butch at Miami but they do now? All these big time football programs are doing the same stuff but they come after a small potatoes program? Typical NCAA.

FinsNCanes
09-02-2010, 05:00 PM
They should go to all the big colleges and see what they find. The title game would end up being Illinois St vs Akron.