PDA

View Full Version : Best apps for iPhone

WeVie
08-28-2010, 04:15 PM
So I have had the new 4G iPhone for a while now and I love it. I was wanting to see if anyone had any suggestions for apps you can't live without. Here are a few that I love.

Dolphins app (it's free and pretty cool)
ibooks (cause I like to read)
flixster
Directv app to tell your dvr to record stuff
poynt
iwant

Bumpus
08-29-2010, 11:40 AM
"iheartradio" is a good one. It's free. It allows you to listen to radio broadcasts from around the country (I use it for sports broadcasts) :up:

WeVie
08-29-2010, 03:05 PM
"iheartradio" is a good one. It's free. It allows you to listen to radio broadcasts from around the country (I use it for sports broadcasts) :up:

That is a really good one Bumpus. I will use it all the time. I just hope it don't make me go over my 2GB limit. That sucks big time that they changed it right before I got my new phone. What in the world makes them think it makes people happy that they can save five bucks a month going from unlimited to a 2GB limit. It makes me even madder that they grandfathered the ones that had the unlimited plan to keep it.

I think they did it because there network is way overloaded.

memphis1
08-31-2010, 07:58 PM
pandora,jtv,tron are pretty good

Bumpus
08-31-2010, 09:57 PM
That is a really good one Bumpus. I will use it all the time. I just hope it don't make me go over my 2GB limit. That sucks big time that they changed it right before I got my new phone. What in the world makes them think it makes people happy that they can save five bucks a month going from unlimited to a 2GB limit. It makes me even madder that they grandfathered the ones that had the unlimited plan to keep it.

I think they did it because there network is way overloaded.

:lol: If I didn't have unlimited, there'd be no point to owning one.

WeVie
08-31-2010, 10:55 PM
I think I am going to call them tomorrow and raise he!! and blah, blah, blah, and see if that does any good.

d-day
09-02-2010, 03:17 AM
Shazam. Click the app and put it up to any song. It'll tell you the name, who sang it and a few other tidbits about the song.

Myles Fynch
09-02-2010, 03:47 AM
Shazam. Click the app and put it up to any song. It'll tell you the name, who sang it and a few other tidbits about the song.

I saw this thing work I guess about two years ago. We're at an outdoor haunted woods type of Halloween event standing around a bonfire, with music piped through a public address system. I recognized the sound of a band during one song, but hadn't heard this song before and had no idea who it was. It was pretty obscure, and not something you'd ever hear on the radio. Guy holds his phone up in the air, and in less than a heartbeat it told him band's name, song title, and then asked if he wanted to buy it. I couldn't believe it. Very cool. The listening circumstances couldn't have been worse... it wasn't like a quiet living room with one sound source, it was pretty much bedlam and we must have been a hundred feet from the nearest speaker.

I consider this proof of alien technology. No way did we come up with this on our own.

:lol:

d-day
09-02-2010, 03:59 AM
I saw this thing work I guess about two years ago. We're at an outdoor haunted woods type of Halloween event standing around a bonfire, with music piped through a public address system. I recognized the sound of a band during one song, but hadn't heard this song before and had no idea who it was. It was pretty obscure, and not something you'd ever hear on the radio. Guy holds his phone up in the air, and in less than a heartbeat it told him band's name, song title, and then asked if he wanted to buy it. I couldn't believe it. Very cool. The listening circumstances couldn't have been worse... it wasn't like a quiet living room with one sound source, it was pretty much bedlam and we must have been a hundred feet from the nearest speaker.

I consider this proof of alien technology. No way did we come up with this on our own.

:lol:

It's like the age old question, who came first. Isis or Shazam? My money is on Shazam!

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/09/SHAZAM_ISIS-1.jpg

WeVie
09-03-2010, 08:37 AM
It blows my mind at the things that the iPhone can do. I don't know how I did without one for so. If I would have messed with one much before I bought mine, I would have had one a long time ago. I showed it to a guy I work with that does not know much about technology and he was totally amazed. When I zoomed in on his house with Google maps, his jaw hit the floor.

Myles Fynch
09-03-2010, 11:00 AM
It's like the age old question, who came first. Isis or Shazam? My money is on Shazam!

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/09/SHAZAM_ISIS-1.jpg

Shazam came first, but Isis came twice. (Wonderwoman helped.)

WeVie
09-04-2010, 08:50 AM
I used to want to bang Wonderwoman even before I really knew what bang meant.