PDA

View Full Version : Merged: Antonio Bryant just got cut/Should Fins go after him?

sinPHIN
08-29-2010, 01:27 PM
should we give the guy a look? or just look else where
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/29/bengals-bounce-antonio-bryant/

Tiko377
08-29-2010, 01:28 PM
Bengals released WR Antonio Bryant and C Mike Windt.
The story is also being reported on the Bengals' official Twitter page. There were whispers that Bryant was on the chopping block, and it seems like the team opted to save $3 million and free up a roster spot rather than keep the troubled WR. Bryant will take home a cool $7 million without ever playing a down for the team.
Source: Brian McIntyre on Twitter

i know parcells and bryant are close and have a close relationship i wouldnt mind miami looking at him for cheap if he can be healthy

hooshoops
08-29-2010, 01:29 PM
i'm thinking his health got him released...probably not ready to help anyone right now...i wonder if he got any bonus money in that deal that the bengals have to eat...

Geforce
08-29-2010, 01:30 PM
Antonio Bryant's knees are shot. He will not be playing football this year and bringing him in will be waste of time for everyone involved.

finfan54
does he return kickoffs? if not, forget it.

WVDolphan
My sources just sent me this news. I was getting ready to report it but, you guys beat me to it.

Let me get on the horn and send out some more tweets to see if his agent has heard from the phins yet.

SRM
Yes, I think we should.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm reading he's not healthy at all.

greasyObnoxious
08-29-2010, 01:31 PM
i'm thinking his health got him released...probably not ready to help anyone right now...i wonder if he got any bonus money in that deal that the bengals have to eat...

3.6 mil signing bonus and 3.1 mil roster bonus paid in March.

hooshoops
08-29-2010, 01:32 PM
you guys think the bengals ate $7 mil cause he was healthy??? i don't...i think the knee is keeping him from helping anyone any time soon...

WVDolphan
08-29-2010, 01:33 PM
Ive never tried looking at Antonio Bryant to enduce a bowel movement. If you think its worth a try though. I usually stick with Rex Ryan.

greasyObnoxious
08-29-2010, 01:34 PM
Bengals released WR Antonio Bryant and C Mike Windt.
The story is also being reported on the Bengals' official Twitter page. There were whispers that Bryant was on the chopping block, and it seems like the team opted to save $3 million and free up a roster spot rather than keep the troubled WR. Bryant will take home a cool $7 million without ever playing a down for the team.
Source: Brian McIntyre on Twitter

i know parcells and bryant are close and have a close relationship i wouldnt mind miami looking at him for cheap if he can be healthy

that's the million dollar question. iirc he's had some injury concerns before and it doesn't look like he's anywhere near 100% at this point. besides, he ran into trouble with Mike Nolan back in 2007. so, i'm not sure we'd bring him in regardless of health.

hooshoops
3.6 mil signing bonus and 3.1 mil roster bonus paid in March.

wow...i bet the owner is stoked about eating that

Geforce

The Bengals has paid Bryant almost $8 million to sit on the sideline all summer while trying to figure out what to do with him.

greasyObnoxious
08-29-2010, 01:35 PM
wow...i bet the owner is stoked about eating that

probably. as long as it isn't my money

insomnia411
The organization seems to have a lot of faith in Hartline as the 2 and Bess in the slot, but we have very little depth at WR in the case of an injury. Are we going to trust Roberto Wallace or Marlon Moore to step in as the 2 if Hartline goes down??? Scary thought right there.
Bryant is a big guy that can get down the field and catch everything, if Bryant is 100% healthy and we sign him up, we would have as good of a receiving corps as there is in the league. I'm in sign him up.

Tiko377
well i know parcells will probably text him or give him a call.

Marshall
Bryant
Bess
Hartline
Turner/Moore

will be scary!

Geforce
08-29-2010, 01:38 PM
that's the million dollar question. iirc he's had some injury concerns before and it doesn't look like he's anywhere near 100% at this point. besides, he ran into trouble with Mike Nolan back in 2007. so, i'm not sure we'd bring him in regardless of health.

Bryant's left knee has kept out of all team activities to this point. Why else do you think Cincinnati would release someone they just signed to a 4-year $28 million contract earlier in the year and have already paid him $7.85 million waiting to see if he can get healthy.

72champagne
08-29-2010, 01:39 PM
Ive never tried looking at Antonio Bryant to enduce a bowel movement. If you think its worth a try though. I usually stick with Rex Ryan.
you could try reading your own posts to induce a crapper moment.

Geforce
08-29-2010, 01:40 PM
well i know parcells will probably text him or give him a call.

Marshall
Bryant
Bess
Hartline
Turner/Moore

will be scary!

What would be scary is if Bryant is actually healthy and pulled the wool over on Cincinnati by faking a knee injury just to get out of town.

sinPHIN
08-29-2010, 01:47 PM
What would be scary is if Bryant is actually healthy and pulled the wool over on Cincinnati by faking a knee injury just to get out of town.

that would be messed up lol

Sgt.FinFan
08-29-2010, 02:01 PM
quick get him, who cares that cinci ate all that money, he must still be a All Pro !

His knee just hurts a little, rub some dirt on it !

Yessir
08-29-2010, 02:03 PM
Big ups to his agent LOL.

Sgt.FinFan
08-29-2010, 02:04 PM
Big ups to his agent LOL.

His and Gibril Wilsons agent should get an award.

LikeUntoGod
08-29-2010, 02:07 PM
I'm waiting for the "Hey, what about L.Coles" threads.

BAMAPHIN 22
08-29-2010, 05:46 PM
Wide receiver Antonio Bryant was released on Sunday by the Cincinnati Bengals, who signed him to a four-year, $28 million deal last March thinking he would be their long-term complement to Chad Ochocinco.
It's the second time in two years that the Bengals went after a high-profile free agent receiver, then changed their minds soon after signing him. They got Laveranues Coles to replace T.J. Houshmandzadeh last year, then released him after only one season.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gQYw9le-bCkIDmh178ct5ymertYAD9HTALTG2

WVDolphan
08-29-2010, 05:49 PM
you could try reading your own posts to induce a crapper moment.

:sidelol: :lol: You know when a dude has a kick *** sig like yours, he is going to have some classic posts.

whodizking
08-29-2010, 05:49 PM
His career is prolly over because Of his knee problem. So going after him is a waste of time. If he was healthy the Bengals would of kept him around.

greasyObnoxious
08-29-2010, 05:50 PM
Bryant's left knee has kept out of all team activities to this point. Why else do you think Cincinnati would release someone they just signed to a 4-year $28 million contract earlier in the year and have already paid him $7.85 million waiting to see if he can get healthy.

i'm not talking about the current situation. obviously they wouldn't have cut him if healthy. i meant throughout his career as "before"

Nublar7
08-29-2010, 05:53 PM
We just got rid of Camarillo because we had too many receivers. Why go after a broken Antonio Bryant? He wouldn't even be in the top 3 of our receiving group.

Travis34
08-29-2010, 06:38 PM
Looks like the Bengals should've kept TJ!

dlockz
08-29-2010, 06:45 PM
If he is healthy its a low cost move because he already got paid. If he is even close to being healthy why not. A healthy Bryant would make a great combo with Marshall. If our docs think he will not be ready this season then of course no

Doctor Phibes
08-29-2010, 06:56 PM
He's done

Plus he's an idiot

So no thanks

emeraldfin
08-29-2010, 07:02 PM
Dont think he would even be worth the risk. If the Bengals are cutting him just after giving him a nice contract, you know the injury must be pretty bad.

Cali Finfan
08-29-2010, 07:09 PM
This guys knees are starting to compare to Marino's. Sooooooo NO!

retarmyfinfan
08-29-2010, 09:19 PM
He got cut because of his knee injury.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Ouch-Bengals-swallow-8-million-in-release-of-A?urn=nfl-265883

DolfanISS
08-29-2010, 09:23 PM
My sources just sent me this news. I was getting ready to report it but, you guys beat me to it.

Let me get on the horn and send out some more tweets to see if his agent has heard from the phins yet.

Laughed out loud!

ckparrothead
08-29-2010, 09:27 PM
Because this is all medical the bottom line is none of us have the info necessary to really have a valid opinion on whether he should be signed or not. I'm with hoops though you generally aren't going to just give away $7 million if the guy is healthy. In the Bengals' eyes, this dude is never going to play again.

timwendt58
08-30-2010, 12:22 AM
IF this guy can get healthy and get his head straight, I wouldn't mind seeing him start opposite Marshall. That's a big IF though.

X-Pacolypse
08-30-2010, 04:11 PM
His knees are clearly an issue. If he was healthy, then it's a no brainer, you bring him in.