PDA

View Full Version : Some bad news...

Peebs
12-07-2003, 11:30 PM
Even though I don't know any of you in real life.

My older sister whom I lived with passed away today. It was very sudden and unexpected even though she had some issues lately.
So if I am not as joking or on lately you'll know why.

Prime Time
12-08-2003, 12:42 AM
Sorry to hear that Peebs. What exactly did she die of? If you don't mind sharing? If you do, the don;t answer the question, we'll understand. I am sorry to hear that. Let her RIP.

HofCityFan
12-08-2003, 01:25 AM
Sorry to here of your loss it is never easy to loss someone in your life.

Bl¡tz Inc
12-08-2003, 01:36 AM
Gone, but never forgotten...

Justasportsfan
12-08-2003, 08:01 AM
My thought and prayers go out to you and your family. My condolences.

Scrap
12-08-2003, 10:41 AM
I'm sorry to hear that Peebs. My condolences.

Muck
12-08-2003, 10:52 AM
Dang, sorry to hear that. My condolences.

Clumpy
12-08-2003, 12:15 PM
My condolences also :(

P4E
12-08-2003, 03:46 PM
Peebs, you might just be my favorite friend that I've never actually met, so I really feel for you about what you're going thru. It sounds pretty cool that you and your sis have been close enough to be able to live together at this point in your lives, -- you must have been very special to each other. Your sister had a great younger sister, so I'm sure you made her life better in lots of meaningful ways.

Keep us posted on how you're doing, dealing with all this. Hang in there, Peebs. We love ya.

Michael

MarinoFan4Life
12-08-2003, 05:53 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss Peebs. My condolonces are with you and your family...

NYPhinFan
12-08-2003, 05:57 PM
I am very to hear about your sister...all my prayers to you and your family..

Miamian
12-08-2003, 06:42 PM
My condolences. May her memory be for a blessing.

Peebs
12-08-2003, 06:54 PM
Thank you everyone.

You know what's sort of funny, my friend emailed everyone we know to tell them this way she could field the questions etc...on her email list was an ex boyfriend of mine that we are all sort of friendly with. He emailed me for the address of the funeral home because he wanted to come...so he might be there.
AND my lil booty call buddy will be there as well....
ANYONE ELSE that I have slept/sleep with gonna show up at the funeral home? :lol:
Que lastima...every funeral in my family always ends up a three ring circus.

P4E
12-08-2003, 08:02 PM
Peebs, you left out "very much look forward to sleeping with in the future", silly!;)

I'm gonna be down south from Wednesday through Sunday, or I might have visited, just to antagonize your JETS FAN booty buddy and ensure it becomes a major circus.:)

dean_siu
12-08-2003, 08:07 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss......its issues like this that make yesterday's performance by the Dolphins look trivial.

Anyways.....glad to see some of that good sense of humor is coming back.....although its tough, some good laughs can help you get through some tough times. (good sex can too....and I'll be happy to volunteer my services if you come to Vegas!)

Hang in there my friend and remember your finheaven brethren are here to help you in any way they can.

Prime Time
12-09-2003, 12:25 AM
:lol: This thread has turned to not be for me. I feel too young for this type of talk. :lol:

Peebs
12-09-2003, 02:19 AM
Tonight my relatives wanted me to come over there for dinner and since the roads are still a little slick I took my sisters car (2001 Ford Escape). Now my sister would NEVER let ANYONE drive her car. And just about everyone knew that.
So I took a detour to go see my friends (my MNF friend and my booty call boy works next door...they already knew what had happened) even though I look like hell.
But my little booty call buddy was just too cute. He reminded me that my sister HAD to go to heaven because another friend of ours who past away a few years ago was there and he needed someone to argue Baseball with (Tommy was a RABID Yankee fan and we are RABID Mets fans) which made me laugh.
THEN when I was leaving he saw I had the Escape and said "be careful driving because you know she's cursing you out for driving her car" :lol:
Too true.

But tonight I am alone in the house for the first time and I have to admit I'm a little creeped out.

Scrap
12-09-2003, 09:33 AM
Things will get better Peebs. Hang in there. We are all here for you. Your FinHeaven friends.

Peebs
12-09-2003, 10:20 AM
You know what's funny is I can't even concentrate enough to go into the Dolphins forum. I was tracking the game Sunday so I knew what was going on. Same with a Baseball BB I post at, I can't concentrate enough to go into the baseball forums.

I did sleep last night on the couch with the TV on from 1:00 until 8:00 this morning (un-medicated ;)) which was good because I was a little sleep deprived.

Scrap
12-09-2003, 10:27 AM
I'm glad to see you got some "un-medicated" sleep.

dolfan06
12-09-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Peebs
Even though I don't know any of you in real life.

My older sister whom I lived with passed away today. It was very sudden and unexpected even though she had some issues lately.
So if I am not as joking or on lately you'll know why. i really don't know what to say peebs other than i feel for you. i lost a sister a few years ago, she had lupus and was slowly dying. she was 5 years younger than me, and even though i knew she was with the lord and better off than here on earth i felt pretty sad. so i know what you're feeling!:(

again my prayers are with you!;)

Prime Time
12-10-2003, 01:08 AM
Good to hear you're doing okay for the most part. My prayers still go out to you.

Peebs
12-10-2003, 12:36 PM
I just have to get through the funeral today....and not kill any relatives that get on my nerves....
Then afterwards we are having people at my nephews' house and it seems like a million people are coming. Even though I am jewish we act like we are Irish so there will be a lot of booze, food and laughter.

dean_siu
12-10-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Peebs
I just have to get through the funeral today....and not kill any relatives that get on my nerves....
Then afterwards we are having people at my nephews' house and it seems like a million people are coming. Even though I am jewish we act like we are Irish so there will be a lot of booze, food and laughter.

Glad to hear that this will be plan....my families have big depression-fests around funerals that only put you in a worse frame of mind. That's why I even skipped the funeral for my grandmother when she passed away about a year ago.....it was sad, but I couldn't deal with all the drama which I knew was going to be involved.

Just from what you've said about your sister.....I can tell that she's the type who would not want this unfortunate circumstance to hold you back anymore and prevent you from living life to the fullest. Use this gathering to celebrate all the great things which she did throughout her life (and remember some of the crazy times as well!). I'm sure there will be tears shed throughout the day....but you need more laughter than tears.....this is what will really help you deal with better (and is probably what your sister would want for you as well)

Peebs
12-11-2003, 12:18 AM
True, we believe in celebrating a person's life not dwell on the death.
All of the family funerals are like that.
today was no exception.
My sister was a warm, sensitive and extremely funny person. She was obviously VERY loved by the amount of people at the memorial service. And me too since most of my friends there never even met her and they all came.
Because she was cremated she was even able to attend the after services party at my Nephew's. ;) She always loved a good party and she was the honoree....I will plan a few places where I will sprinkle her ashes. One place will definately be Ft. Lauderdale since she so loved it there, another will be at Shea Stadium and then a Carribean Island.

CirclingWagons
12-11-2003, 12:35 AM
sorry I'm late with this thread, but my condolences as well Peebs