PDA

View Full Version : First Upset of the Year!

Miamifinz
09-03-2010, 12:03 AM
Pitt falls to Utah, who has an 18 game winning streak at home.

As a USF fan/student, I couldn't be happier to see them go down. :hump::hump::hump:

X-Pacolypse
09-03-2010, 01:20 PM
I think a lot of folks underestimated Utah in this game. Pitt's not as good as some make them out to be. Shut down Dion Lewis, you shut down Pitt.

TedSlimmJr
09-03-2010, 01:29 PM
Sunseri is awful... Which is par for the course for Wanny.. If he can't run it down your throat 40+ times and you make his scrub QB's have to throw the football... you've got him.

X-Pacolypse
09-03-2010, 01:51 PM
Sunseri is awful... Which is par for the course for Wanny.. If he can't run it down your throat 40+ times and you make his scrub QB's have to throw the football... you've got him.

Which is why I never understood why some pick Pitt to win the Big East. Wanny is as predicatable as it gets on offense and defense. Eventually the school is going to wisen up and realize they're not going to win anything with that moron in charge.

TedSlimmJr
09-03-2010, 01:59 PM
Which is why I never understood why some pick Pitt to win the Big East. Wanny is as predicatable as it gets on offense and defense. Eventually the school is going to wisen up and realize they're not going to win anything with that moron in charge.

Because it's the Big-East... and they almost won it with him last year anyway. As long as the little dynamo stays healthy and Sunseri isn't forced to lose games for them... they'll be there in the end for a shot at the Big-East title.. the team is too talented even for Wanny to screw up beyond losing more than 3 games or so.

Everybody else has just as many question marks or more in that conference... you just haven't seen them yet.

utahphinsfan
09-03-2010, 04:43 PM
It was NOT an upset. Utah's OL dominated Pitt's DL most of the night.

Utah has 3 new starters in the secondary and @ LB. Sunseri wasn't bad; Wynn was great even after an average 2nd half.

Kyle Whittingham almost outsmarted himself at the end of regulation. All my friends were surprised (but shouldn't have been) that I knew Pitt's game plan.

I tried to get tickets but couldn't. I wanted to go and hold up a sign that said, "Hey Dave! Ricky's still in Miami. Are you?"

The thing that gets me is they say Wanny recruits well in S Florida. I know its a retirement mecca but how short the collective memory is in the Sunshine State?

Miamifinz
09-03-2010, 05:22 PM
It was NOT an upset. Utah's OL dominated Pitt's DL most of the night.

Utah has 3 new starters in the secondary and @ LB. Sunseri wasn't bad; Wynn was great even after an average 2nd half.

Kyle Whittingham almost outsmarted himself at the end of regulation. All my friends were surprised (but shouldn't have been) that I knew Pitt's game plan.

I tried to get tickets but couldn't. I wanted to go and hold up a sign that said, "Hey Dave! Ricky's still in Miami. Are you?"

The thing that gets me is they say Wanny recruits well in S Florida. I know its a retirement mecca but how short the collective memory is in the Sunshine State?

Agreed. I was pretty surprised Utah didn't squeeze into the top 25, but oh well. It only took one week to do that :P.

Awsi Dooger
09-04-2010, 12:26 AM
LOL. It was such an upset Utah didn't even cover the spread. They were favored by 3 and won by 3.

It was also not an upset that unfounded digs were taken at Dave Wannstedt. That's par for the course around here. When we wins, stone silence.

Ricky4Life
09-04-2010, 01:17 AM
I don't know why this is being called an upset. They are both good teams and it was settled in overtime.

Possum
09-04-2010, 01:45 AM
Pitt falls to Utah, who has an 18 game winning streak at home.

As a USF fan/student, I couldn't be happier to see them go down. :hump::hump::hump::bobdole:

TedSlimmJr
09-05-2010, 03:36 AM
Did anyone notice any weaknesses for Cincy after the beatdown at the hands of Fresno St.? Particularly the 3 sacks in 3 snaps?

Or even bother to think about the fact that their head coach is now standing on the sidelines calling plays in South Bend?

Bumpus
09-05-2010, 07:41 AM
Eat **** Pitt!

:)

Bumpus
09-05-2010, 07:43 AM
I hope they give numbnuts a lifetime contract. I really do.

X-Pacolypse
09-05-2010, 10:41 AM
I hope they give numbnuts a lifetime contract. I really do.

Not me. I want too see Wanny get fired again.