L
L

T
I
D
E

BobDole
09-05-2010, 04:36 PM
i hate to say it but i see you guys repeating for a title. team is so stacked and deep at every position it's borderline not fair. how many off the chart RB's can a team have? and who the hell is this lacy kid?

as of right now i see the tide as having the best back (2 even) in the country - ingram - the best ILB - hightower - the best DE - dareus - and the second best WR - jones. am i missing anything? you fugging kidding me with this?

i was pretty hammered by the time the bama game came on - need to watch it again - but i that was about as impressed as i get. i hope the auburn game wasn't a fluke b/c it's been a long time since i've looked forward to that rivalry game. i wouldn't worry about arkansas - that D isn't good enough. and florida - fugg - you'll kill us with predictable *** addazio calling the shots. auburn is the only one i think has the coaching and talent on either side of the ball. when was the last time auburn had an offense worth a fugg? i can't even remember.

TedSlimmJr
09-05-2010, 04:55 PM
Auburn's offense in 2004 was pretty good with Jason Campbell, Cadillac, Ronnie Brown, Devin Aromashadu, Ben Obamanu, etc., etc,...

What makes Auburn's offense so tough to defend is Gus Malzahn.... he uses so much deception and movement that all 11 guys on defense have their eyes going in 11 different directions... and that's just before the snap...

I thought Mississippi St. looked good yesterday too.. real good... Chad Bumphis and Leon Berry are as talented as any 2 receivers in the conference outside of Julio and A.J. Green.... and with McPhee and K.J. Wright on defense, they are a formidable opponent now that Mullen is getting his offense installed...

Eddie Lacy is a kid that the Bama faithful have known about... he was recruited out of Louisiana and redshirted last year... Namor and I have talked about him quite a bit... he'd be starting in most places... and that's not even taking into account Goode at tailback who's almost of the same caliber..

Alabama showed VERY little on offense yesterday for opponents... that's as vanilla as it gets and never even got the TE Michael Williams involved in the passing game... the backups were playing by the 2nd quarter... A.J. McCarron is going to be lights out when GMac moves on...

Hell, Bama's kicker Cade Foster is more physical than a lot of teams linebackers.... and that's not a joke... this kid was a linebacker in high school and is one of the strongest weight room guys around... He's like Bosher from Miami... he'll run down and lay the wood on ball carriers in the kick return game...

Bottom line is, this is just a really good, talented, and deep football team that's extremely well coached in all 3 phases.... and that's hard to beat. They're talented enough to overcome mistakes... but good enough that they just don't make many to begin with.

Namor
09-05-2010, 05:20 PM
Next up..Penn State

Namor
09-05-2010, 05:25 PM
Look, I know there is hard feelings toward Saban from the Dolphin crowd,but he just realized he wasn't happy as a pro coach.
The man LOVES to recruit...He is made for the college game..almost "Bear" like.
The scary thing is,if Saban hadn't left LSU...can you imagine the dynasty they would have.
Bama is set up talent wise for several years at the top.

BobDole
09-05-2010, 06:26 PM
Look, I know there is hard feelings toward Saban from the Dolphin crowd,but he just realized he wasn't happy as a pro coach.
The man LOVES to recruit...He is made for the college game..almost "Bear" like.
The scary thing is,if Saban hadn't left LSU...can you imagine the dynasty they would have.
Bama is set up talent wise for several years at the top.

he screwed us. i'm over it.

he's a much, much better college than pro coach. his heart was never in it - wouldn't have worked. recruiting is his passion - and there's none better if you ask me.

and slimm - that safety we were talking about that plays with my little brother and declared for bama - now #10 on rivals.com. fugg.

Namor
09-05-2010, 06:59 PM
he screwed us. i'm over it.

he's a much, much better college than pro coach. his heart was never in it - wouldn't have worked. recruiting is his passion - and there's none better if you ask me.

and slimm - that safety we were talking about that plays with my little brother and declared for bama - now #10 on rivals.com. fugg.

I agree to a point...
What kills me on these boards,is that, to me ,Jimmy Johnson screwed and quit on the Dolphins alot more than
what Nick did,but he gets a pass because of all the Canes fans here.

BobDole
09-05-2010, 07:34 PM
I agree to a point...
What kills me on these boards,is that, to me ,Jimmy Johnson screwed and quit on the Dolphins alot more than
what Nick did,but he gets a pass because of all the Canes fans here.

hell, all of them except shula screwed us if ask me b/c none of those fuggs brought a championship to miami.

i'm no canes fan - jimmy's way up there on the list. the only thing worse than not winning a title is forcing marino into retirement (if i remember correctly). i can get on board with that.

Namor
09-07-2010, 07:41 PM
How the hell did Bama lose 7 first place votes?
We beat our opponent 48-3,granted they were a cupcake,
(a regular on Boise State's schedule).What was we supposed to do?
Run up the score to 60 or 70?Is that the message they want to send?
Boise State gets 1st place votes for bearly beating a undisciplined,badly
coached,middle of the pack ACC school?
VT isn't that good,the Canes and others will steam roll them.
This lovefest circlejerk the media is having with Boise is freaking ridiculous.

Nublar7
09-07-2010, 07:47 PM
Bama loses this weekend.

WE ARE.......PENN STATE!

Namor
09-07-2010, 08:01 PM
Bama loses this weekend.

WE ARE.......PENN STATE!

Nubs...much respect to you and JoePa...but are you really feeling that?
Bama starts sending in scrubs after the 3rd.

and thats without Ingram and Marcell.
Sorry bro.

TedSlimmJr
09-07-2010, 08:20 PM
How the hell did Bama lose 7 first place votes?
We beat our opponent 48-3,granted they were a cupcake,
(a regular on Boise State's schedule).What was supposed to do?
Run up the score to 60 or 70?Is that the message they want to send?
Boise State gets 1st place votes for barley beating a undisciplined,badly
coached,middle of the pack ACC school?
VT isn't that good,the Canes and others will steam roll them.
This lovefest circlejerk the media is having with Boise is freaking ridiculous.

It's ridiculous Namor... it's hard to win "impressive enough" without legitimizing running up the score...

What they're not factoring in is (and they would if they had a lick of ****ing sense) is that Bama has been beating teams into the ground the last 2 years with backups... literally... When Bama is up 4 TD's midway through the 2nd quarter against teams like North Texas, San Jose St., Chattanooga, etc.. Saban is pulling starters and letting backups and 3rd stringers play...

What do they do? They continue to beat the hell of the other teams starters...

VT took Boise's best shot and still almost beat 'em... They spotted Boise 3 scores and then it looked like Boise didn't even belong on the same field for the next 2 quarters... VT played as lousy as they possibly could for the first few minutes of that game... It was reminiscent of the first few minutes of the Texas/Bama title game last year... except Bama weathered the storm and held them to 6 points...

All VT had to do was run out the clock with about 4 minutes left... suspect play calling and lack of execution by Tyrod Taylor on one series force them to give the ball back to Boise...

Does the media REALLY think that Bama wouldn't have run the clock out with Ingram, Trent Richardson, Eddie Lacy, Demetrius Goode, or any other stud running back they can trot out there? REALLY?

If it was Bama the smurfs were playing last night, it wouldn't have been that close to begin with...

Kellen Moore would be fortunate to even still be in the game after facing Bama's defense for 45 minutes...

Namor
09-07-2010, 08:56 PM
It's ridiculous Namor... it's hard to win "impressive enough" without legitimizing running up the score...

What they're not factoring in is (and they would if they had a lick of ****ing sense) is that Bama has been beating teams into the ground the last 2 years with backups... literally... When Bama is up 4 TD's midway through the 2nd quarter against teams like North Texas, San Jose St., Chattanooga, etc.. Saban is pulling starters and letting backups and 3rd stringers play...

What do they do? They continue to beat the hell of the other teams starters...

VT took Boise's best shot and still almost beat 'em... They spotted Boise 3 scores and then it looked like Boise didn't even belong on the same field for the next 2 quarters... VT played as lousy as they possibly could for the first few minutes of that game... It was reminiscent of the first few minutes of the Texas/Bama title game last year... except Bama weathered the storm and held them to 6 points...

All VT had to do was run out the clock with about 4 minutes left... suspect play calling and lack of execution by Tyrod Taylor on one series force them to give the ball back to Boise...

Does the media REALLY think that Bama wouldn't have run the clock out with Ingram, Trent Richardson, Eddie Lacy, Demetrius Goode, or any other stud running back they can trot out there? REALLY?

If it was Bama the smurfs were playing last night, it wouldn't have been that close to begin with...

Kellen Moore would be fortunate to even still be in the game after facing Bama's defense for 45 minutes...

Exactly...I don't begrudge Boise their 3rd place ranking...but what this says is some people saw enough to
say Boise St is a better team than Bama.
There needs to be more drug testing in the workplace.

JCane
09-07-2010, 09:02 PM
Not buying the "Saban screwed us" angle. If anything he did us a favor.

I'll defend Nick Saban to the death. I'm not a big Alabama fan but I'll roll with the Tide so long as he's there much like I did with LSU when he was there.

Alabama - 11.5 is a MUST play this weekend I think. JCane loaded up this past weekend. 4 for 4 on BIG plays. I took Utah straight up over Pittsburgh. LSU - 4.5 that I got VERY early well before the suspensions. Michigan over UCONN against the spread. And I took Boise State outright last night.

Penn State with a Freshman QB coming into Bryant-Denny against a Saban led defense is TROUBLE. They will be after that kid all night long. JoePa is out of his league against Nick Saban I think. Love JoePa and have a lot of respect for the man but I question how much he's really doing for the program these days.

As far as Alabama playing for a national title again, I just don't see it. That schedule is BRUTAL. Six games I believe where Alabama is playing a team coming off a bye. That is disaster waiting to happen. Fresh teams with two weeks to prepare for Alabama and you're bound to drop a game or two. If it weren't for the schedule I could see Alabama repeating because they're returning a lot and they're very talented at every skill position out there.

TedSlimmJr
09-07-2010, 09:03 PM
I don't know Namor... I'd settle for just letting them overdose...

Namor
09-07-2010, 09:07 PM
Hey Ted. Have you seen that Australian kid,JUCO #1 Jesse Williams...6'4 340 and can move?
Our newest commit.

Namor
09-07-2010, 09:09 PM
Not buying the "Saban screwed us" angle. If anything he did us a favor.

I'll defend Nick Saban to the death. I'm not a big Alabama fan but I'll roll with the Tide so long as he's there much like I did with LSU when he was there.

Alabama - 11.5 is a MUST play this weekend I think. JCane loaded up this past weekend. 4 for 4 on BIG plays. I took Utah straight up over Pittsburgh. LSU - 4.5 that I got VERY early well before the suspensions. Michigan over UCONN against the spread. And I took Boise State outright last night.

Penn State with a Freshman QB coming into Bryant-Denny against a Saban led defense is TROUBLE. They will be after that kid all night long. JoePa is out of his league against Nick Saban I think. Love JoePa and have a lot of respect for the man but I question how much he's really doing for the program these days.

As far as Alabama playing for a national title again, I just don't see it. That schedule is BRUTAL. Six games I believe where Alabama is playing a team coming off a bye. That is disaster waiting to happen. Fresh teams with two weeks to prepare for Alabama and you're bound to drop a game or two. If it weren't for the schedule I could see Alabama repeating because they're returning a lot and they're very talented at every skill position out there.

PLEASE BEAT OHIO STATE....I'm really pulling for you guys.
P.S. Beat the hell out of VT also, for looking so crappy last night and causing all this ruckus.

TedSlimmJr
09-07-2010, 09:13 PM
PLEASE BEAT OHIO STATE....I'm really pulling for you guys.
P.S. Beat the hell out of VT also, for looking so crappy last night and causing all this ruckus.

Exactly... this is all VT's fault to begin with....

What's going to make it worse is when VT goes on to spank everyone in the ACC like they usually do and end up ACC Champions with their only loss coming to Boise... it's only going to add more fuel to this runaway joke of a freight train that has become the Smurf Hype Machine...

TedSlimmJr
09-07-2010, 09:15 PM
Hey Ted. Have you seen that Australian kid,JUCO #1 Jesse Williams...6'4 340 and can move?
Our newest commit.

Yes I have... I was listening to Cecil Hurt and some other guys talking about him last week in fact...

JCane
09-07-2010, 09:16 PM
Tough for me to feel confident about beating Ohio State. I posted some stuff in the Boise State - Virginia Tech predictions thread and some stuff in the 'Canes Official thread about our matchup problems and what's going on in practice.

Last night's game is irrelevant in my opinion. I don't care if Boise State runs the table. There's no way they get in over a 1 loss SEC or Big 10 school. I feel like either Nebraska, Texas or Oklahoma HAS to go undefeated. If Alabama manages to only drop one game or Ohio State drops only one, those two will get the benefit of the doubt over an undefeated Boise team. The only thing that bothers me about last night's game is that IF we beat Ohio State on Saturday then Virginia Tech's loss hurts our strength of schedule. Same for North Carolina.

One positive about this weekend, the Hurricanes typically play VERY well early in the season. Everyone is healthy so it's not out of the realm of possibility that we do this. But even still, I fear Shannon will blow a couple later in the season against some scrub *** team like Clemson. That's his MO. My flight leaves for Cleveland Friday morning. Stopping by the NFL Hall of Fame Friday afternoon before making the drive out to Columbus. Can't wait to post some pics of Marino, etc.

chrisbaucom
09-07-2010, 09:30 PM
Different week, may be the same 48-3 score. A true freshman QB on the road vs. a saban defense?? Not even fair for the kid.

TedSlimmJr
09-07-2010, 09:32 PM
Bama loses this weekend.

WE ARE.......PENN STATE!

Wrong forum... You see... they'll be playing football in Tuscaloosa on Saturday..

Namor
09-07-2010, 09:52 PM
Been fun guys..check you out later...Sons Of Anarchy is about to come on.
My favorite show..3rd season premiere.

COphinphan89
09-07-2010, 10:50 PM
I thought Mississippi St. looked good yesterday too.. real good... Chad Bumphis and Leon Berry are as talented as any 2 receivers in the conference outside of Julio and A.J. Green.... and with McPhee and K.J. Wright on defense, they are a formidable opponent now that Mullen is getting his offense installed...
I've been saying this for months now (and getting chastised for it by the rest of the Gator Faithful all along the way) but I am fully prepared for MSU to come in to BHG and kick our *** this year. It is the classic "Gator Trap" game that we've found a way to blow for nearly every last one of the past 13 seasons. And they do look good. It's always a team from the SEC West. It's always an underdog. Whether it's at home or on the road doesn't matter and they've done it do us before.

The last time we ever played on a Thursday night, they beat the **** out of us in Starkville in '92. I called it in 2000, and they delivered with vengeance (only to have us answer them with a 52-0 beating the next season). In 2004, they drove the final nail in Ron Zook's UF coffin, and I didn't even watch. Never did.

TedSlimmJr
09-07-2010, 11:17 PM
I've been saying this for months now (and getting chastised for it by the rest of the Gator Faithful all along the way) but I am fully prepared for MSU to come in to BHG and kick our *** this year. It is the classic "Gator Trap" game that we've found a way to blow for nearly every last one of the past 13 seasons. And they do look good. It's always a team from the SEC West. It's always an underdog. Whether it's at home or on the road doesn't matter and they've done it do us before.

The last time we ever played on a Thursday night, they beat the **** out of us in Starkville in '92. I called it in 2000, and they delivered with vengeance (only to have us answer them with a 52-0 beating the next season). In 2004, they drove the final nail in Ron Zook's UF coffin, and I didn't even watch. Never did.

I remember all of them well... especially the 2000 game.. That was when Spurrier's teams could always score, but couldn't stop a thimble from rolling uphill defensively... I believe Florida was #2 or 3 in the country and State was unranked... but I really liked the Dicenzo Miller kid as prospect at running back... he lit the Crocs up that day...

Florida seems to have trouble with Miss. St. especially in Starkville...

If they beat Auburn this weekend... that's going to put everyone in the SEC on notice...

Namor
09-07-2010, 11:36 PM
I remember all of them well... especially the 2000 game.. That was when Spurrier's teams could always score, but couldn't stop a thimble from rolling uphill defensively... I believe Florida was #2 or 3 in the country and State was unranked... but I really liked the Dicenzo Miller kid as prospect at running back... he lit the Crocs up that day...

If they beat Auburn this weekend... that's going to put everyone in the SEC on notice...

See..it's games like this, a Boise State doesn't have to worry about...rough,hard physical rivalry games,
then turn around get ready for another one 6 days later....it's brutal at times.
At anytime a Ole Miss,Miss State, or a S.Carolina can pop up and bite you in the ***.
South Carolina could go 10-2 or better with Boise State's schedule.

COphinphan89
09-07-2010, 11:49 PM

I still remember Spurrier's damn voluntary safety that he had Grossman take in 2000 on 3rd and 57 after two bad snaps that put us down by 10 points because he simply didn't trust his defense.

It isn't just MSU, it's the entire SEC West. 1998 was the last season that did not feature a UF loss to a team from the West. That 12-year span includes losses to every team from the West except for poor Arkansas who still hasn't beaten us since they joined the conference. And we didn't even win the SEC in '98. That was a shame too, because that team was good. I was at the Orange Bowl that night. We kicked the crap outta McNabb and Syracuse. Lost close/controversial games to the two teams who played for the title that year (UT-FSU).

TedSlimmJr
09-09-2010, 12:18 AM
Papa Joe praising the Tide...

http://readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=247404

Paterno is such a class act... He's the last of his kind that guys like myself and Namor grew up on... back when coaching was a gentlemen's game.

I guarantee you he's sending a different message to his team behind closed doors... he knows how to coach his boys up while buttering up the opponent (one of Bear's old tricks)..

I'll be there in BDS for this one boys.... I wouldn't miss it for anything..

TedSlimmJr
09-09-2010, 12:22 AM
BTW... that -10 line has moved to -12... wouldn't be surprised to see it reach 2 TD's by kickoff Saturday...

JCane
09-09-2010, 12:24 AM
BTW... that -10 line has moved to -12... wouldn't be surprised to see it reach 2 TD's by kickoff Saturday...

I'm pretty surprised to see it continuing to creep up after it was announced that Ingram won't play.

TedSlimmJr
09-09-2010, 12:59 AM
I'm pretty surprised to see it continuing to creep up after it was announced that Ingram won't play.

The backup ain't too shabby.... ask the Longhorns...

His backup ain't too shabby either...

JCane
09-09-2010, 01:03 AM
The backup ain't too shabby.... ask the Longhorns...

His backup ain't too shabby either...

I'm well aware of Trent Richardson lol. But injuries sway lines in Vegas more than anything. Reigning Heisman winner out against a top 25 team...you'd think it would sway the lines in favor of Penn State.

TedSlimmJr
09-09-2010, 01:13 AM
I guess they don't see much of a dropoff.... it's basically as if Ingram is playing... Probably has more to do with the freshman going on the road to an SEC venue like BDS in front of over 100,000 rabid idiots and playing against Saban's defense...

JCane
09-09-2010, 01:16 AM
I guess they don't see much of a dropoff.... it's basically as if Ingram is playing... Probably has more to do with the freshman going on the road to an SEC venue like BDS in front of over 100,000 rabid idiots and playing against Saban's defense...

Which is why I was all over 11.5 in the first place lol.

TedSlimmJr
09-09-2010, 01:25 AM
What I find interesting is that he said it's probably the best team he's played since the Canes in '86....

Paterno beat those Canes for the title... I'm telling you this old buzzard is still slick...

Namor
09-09-2010, 09:05 PM
I hope sat.,all of our fans are classy and gives Joe Pa a standing ovation when he comes out.
.....then we beat the hell out of Penn State...Rammer Jammer.

TedSlimmJr
09-10-2010, 03:18 AM
Here's a little article on the Jesse Williams kid... http://www.tidesports.com/article/20100905/NEWS/100909803/1233?Title=ANDREW-BONE-Alabama-lands-elite-lineman

This is the all muscle, incredibly athletic version of Terrance Cody with a terrifying mean streak....

CedarPhin
09-10-2010, 03:29 AM
Is Bama's DT being out on Saturday going to hurt the team much?

BobDole
09-10-2010, 03:33 AM
Is Bama's DT being out on Saturday going to hurt the team much?

dareus is a DE. and no it isn't. not against penn st. at least - not even close to on bama's level. not many are.

TedSlimmJr
09-10-2010, 03:49 AM
Anytime you don't have a player of Marcel Dareus' caliber out there playing it hurts you.... Most people don't realize quite how dominant he is on a snap-to-snap basis.... Most people only know of him because of the absolute freak show he put on against the Longhorns in the title game.. winning MVP... but he was dominating opponents all season...

But to Bob's point, Saban has already built a team that is so deep and talented, they can beat teams to a pulp without their best players on the field.... Guys like Luther Davis, Kerry Murphy, Damion Square, Undra Billingsley, Josh Chapman, etc. on the defensive line are so talented, yet understand the system, so it allows them to play to their potential... they all play smart, fast, and physical...

The key battle up front is going to be Wisniewski vs. Chapman... should be an epic battle and a very interesting one to break down on film...

Namor
09-10-2010, 01:51 PM
I will be really,really surprised if this game is even remotely close...

Watch us go out and lay a egg now.

Namor
09-10-2010, 09:30 PM
Papa Joe praising the Tide...

http://readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=247404

Paterno is such a class act... He's the last of his kind that guys like myself and Namor grew up on... back when coaching was a gentlemen's game.

I guarantee you he's sending a different message to his team behind closed doors... he knows how to coach his boys up while buttering up the opponent (one of Bear's old tricks)..

I'll be there in BDS for this one boys.... I wouldn't miss it for anything..

Dammitt...I'm old enough to remember JoePa when he was in his late 40's.

TedSlimmJr
09-10-2010, 09:36 PM
Dammitt...I'm old enough to remember JoePa when he was in his late 40's.

Me too brother... Hell I remember the '79 Sugar Bowl like it was yesterday...

TedSlimmJr
09-11-2010, 07:56 AM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/

The Ivan Maisel article on this game is a must read for the die hard college football fan... and anyone who appreciates the tradition of this great sport we all love....

It simply does not get any better than this... Bear will be in the stadium tonight...

Much like myself, he wouldn't miss this one for anything...

Namor
09-11-2010, 11:04 AM
Damn...thats good...
10:00,I'm up eating breakfast...fixing to go workout,then QUICKLY clean the pool,
boil some peanuts and get ready for a long day of football.

Namor
09-11-2010, 04:33 PM
Football overload Sat.!!!!

Namor
09-11-2010, 06:40 PM
Almost gametime..

Namor
09-11-2010, 07:04 PM
Lets get the game started.....

Namor
09-11-2010, 07:13 PM
Game time...

Namor
09-11-2010, 07:15 PM
What the freak happened to ESPN????

hooshoops
09-11-2010, 10:00 PM
richardson is the baddest mother ****er in the college game...good lord he just rocks people on contact...carnage everywhere when he goes north south

COphinphan89
09-11-2010, 10:07 PM
Well this game only went exactly how I expected it to.

BobDole
09-12-2010, 12:14 AM
yeah no surprises there. was it you slimm that called richardson a 'bowling ball of butcher knives'? - because that is the perfect analogy. way better than ingram IMO. i haven't seen a back abuse defenders like that since ronnie brown. hot damn.

Namor
09-12-2010, 01:34 AM
I wasn't real happy with the way we played...It seemed like we didn't play as crisp,or aggressive enough.
Left alot points out on the field..Nick will whip them into shape.

BobDole
09-12-2010, 01:50 AM
it wasn't perfect but you made a pretty decent penn st look like they didn't belong on the same field. and that rook QB of theirs is good - he'll develop into a damn good quarterback.

and that's w/o dareus and ingram. i'm terrified about going into tuscaloosa this year. i look at your schedule and only see us and auburn as your roadblocks to another title. and we'd most likely have to beat you twice - will not happen.

TedSlimmJr
09-12-2010, 05:07 AM
South Carolina is more of a concern than Auburn or Florida right now....

And yes, Trent Richardson is like trying to tackle a rolling ball of butcher knives...

TedSlimmJr
09-12-2010, 08:31 AM
I hope sat.,all of our fans are classy and gives Joe Pa a standing ovation when he comes out.
.....then we beat the hell out of Penn State...Rammer Jammer.

You would be proud Namor... the atmosphere in the stadium last night was as nostalgic as I've felt in a very long time...

Mal and the A-Club members supposedly wanted Bama fans to be on their best behavior and treat Paterno and the Penn St. players with respect.. which is exactly what happened...

Hell, when Papa Joe and his team came out after halftime to take their positions, he received a standing ovation...

However, rumor was they also didn't want the fans to sing Rammer Jammer for this one...... Needless to say, 101,000 people didn't get the memo....:lol:

BobDole
09-12-2010, 12:57 PM
South Carolina is more of a concern than Auburn or Florida right now....

And yes, Trent Richardson is like trying to tackle a rolling ball of butcher knives...

south carolina will fall back to earth here pretty soon - this may be the best team spurrier has had there - but that QB is suspect at best. they'll finish second in the east, though.

COphinphan89
09-12-2010, 01:25 PM
People don't like the Rammer Jammer, but dammit I do.

COphinphan89
09-14-2010, 01:00 AM
So Ingram could play this weekend. But does he really need to? It's friggin Duke, man.

TedSlimmJr
09-14-2010, 01:18 AM
Basically, just to work him in some packages and get him up to speed.... get him ready for Arkansas...

TedSlimmJr
09-14-2010, 11:58 AM
http://blog.pennlive.com/davidjones/2010/09/commentary_southern_hospitalit.html

Penn St. fans talk about their experience at BDS last weekend..

TedSlimmJr
09-14-2010, 01:29 PM
Hey Namor, here's a good Finebaum article for you....

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2010/09/finebaum_alabama_is_back_on_to.html

"There's only one team in the SEC that can beat Alabama -- Alabama".

TedSlimmJr
09-15-2010, 10:40 AM
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2010/09/video_how_does_tides_mark_ingr.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

They're baaaaaa aaaaaaack.....

Namor
09-15-2010, 01:00 PM
Next up....Duke...

I just hope a basketball game doesn't break out and everything should go as planned.

TedSlimmJr
09-15-2010, 11:54 PM
Top 10 Reason's People Hate Alabama....http://bleacherreport.com/articles/375636-10-reasons-people-hate-the-alabamacrimson-tide#page/12

Pretty funny little article...

"Here's a $20, bury two of them"... (Bear Bryant when asked to chip in $10 for a sportswriter's funeral) --- :sidelol:

Namor
09-18-2010, 03:42 PM
Ingram's back...1st touch 48 yd run...

JCane
09-18-2010, 04:21 PM
Jesus Christ. I took Alabama -24.5 but I need Duke to keep it kind close in the first half so that Saban doesn't call off the dogs late lol.

Hit BIG on Arkansas outright earlier. Got Alabama -24.5, Nebvraska -3.5, Boise State -24, and Auburn -7 today. Come on big money!

COphinphan89
09-18-2010, 04:42 PM
I'm still shocked that Duke scored.

Namor
09-18-2010, 06:29 PM
I'm still shocked that Duke scored.

It will give Nick something to ***** at them about.

Awsi Dooger
09-19-2010, 01:26 AM
Jesus Christ. I took Alabama -24.5 but I need Duke to keep it kind close in the first half so that Saban doesn't call off the dogs late lol.

Hit BIG on Arkansas outright earlier. Got Alabama -24.5, Nebvraska -3.5, Boise State -24, and Auburn -7 today. Come on big money!

Nice job, JCane. 4 of 5 is impressive.

I picked Saban to be a jerk during the quick interview at halftime. That was the lock of all eternity.

JCane
09-19-2010, 01:49 AM

I picked Saban to be a jerk during the quick interview at halftime. That was the lock of all eternity.

LOL @ The Saban comment.

I was hoping Auburn was going to come thru for me. That was the one game I was concerned with out of the five. Auburn's run defense was horrid tonight. I knew Temple +6 was the safer bet.

:bobdole:

Namor
09-19-2010, 11:30 AM

Typical..

TedSlimmJr
09-19-2010, 11:36 AM
Saban being a jerk at halftime is why Alabama always covers the spread... his boys play for 60 minutes... ALL of them..

The only punk who can even hold a candle to Saban's "jerkness" is that idiot out there in So.Cal that keeps going for meaningless 2-point conversions...

Namor
09-19-2010, 11:57 AM
Saban being a jerk at halftime is why Alabama always covers the spread... his boys play for 60 minutes... ALL of them..

The only punk who can even hold a candle to Saban's "jerkness" is that idiot out there in So.Cal that keeps going for meaningless 2-point conversions...

Hey..Ted.. whats up?
I'm still not happy with our defense and some of our tackling.
I'm hoping some of our pass rush problems are just,that Nick and Kirby are going
vanilla right now to bring out some surprises for Mr. Mallett next week.
What do you think?
Oh yea...Clemson is a bunch of chokers.

TedSlimmJr
09-19-2010, 01:59 PM
Hey..Ted.. whats up?
I'm still not happy with our defense and some of our tackling.
I'm hoping some of our pass rush problems are just,that Nick and Kirby are going
vanilla right now to bring out some surprises for Mr. Mallett next week.
What do you think?
Oh yea...Clemson is a bunch of chokers.

This defense isn't as good as last year's.... Hell, this defense isn't as good as the one 2 years ago...

Inexperience is the main reason.... but this is the smallest on the defensive line Bama has been under Saban yet... Cody was a mountain, but Deaderick and Lorenzo Washington were both huge lineman also...

We're not as stout at the POA as we have been... and Hightower just doesn't have quite the speed or range of McClain... the linebackers aren't getting to the perimeter as fast as we used to...

Dareus is going to go a long ways towards improving the pass rush... he was literally unblockable yesterday unless he was double teamed... but the other guys up front just aren't getting the penetration to previous year's standards... they either stalemate or get moved off the line...

Kirby has been bringing safety blitzes with Barron in order to create a little pressure... but we haven't seen the overload blitzes yet that were so effective with Arenas blitzing off the corner.. they're saving those packages for SEC play... Mallet is going to see things next week that Bama hasn't shown yet... but I've also noticed that Mallet is a different QB than he was last year... he's identifying the blitzes now and checking out of bad plays.. he did it with regularity yesterday against Grantham's 3-4 defense... it's going to be a great matchup...

Bama's tackling isn't quite up to past standards this year.. but those are incredibly high standards, and that's something that Saban keeps preaching to these kids.... but we're the best tackling defense in college football outside of Nebraska's... when I break down film of ALL these other games, one thing stands out for me above all....

.. nobody can tackle anymore.. I don't know what's happened... it's like it's not being coached properly due to trying to stay on top of all these spread offenses...

Namor
09-20-2010, 10:48 AM
Hey Ted...Have you seen or read anything about this book coming out "A Lynch Mob Mentality"
The judge in the Ronnie Cottrell case wote it.
Seems Ark. in addition to Tenn. has their hands dirty flapping that lip against Bama.
Seems odd it coming out now..right before the Bama-Ark. game.

finataxia24
09-25-2010, 02:46 PM
just curious

I have a football signed by
julio jones
trent richardson
dre kirkpatrick
marquis Maze
star jackson

Also have a helmet signed by
eddie lacy rb
michael williams TE
kenny bell Wr
Michael Bowman Wr
Josh Chapman DT
Undra Billingsley DE
Marcell Dareus DE
Jerrell Harris LB
Phelon Jones DB
Demarcus Milliner DB
Tana Patrick LB
Phillip Sims QB
Damion Square DE
Courtney Upshaw LB
Cory Grant RB
Keiwone Malone Wr
Dequan Menzie DB
Nick Perry DB
DeAndrew White WR
Darius Hank WR
CJ Mosley LB
BJ Scott DB

wonder what these too things are worth
anyone have any ideas?
of and a signed football from Coach Saban

Namor
09-25-2010, 07:06 PM
Wow...talk about freaking out....
I think our young secondary grew up a little bit.

COphinphan89
09-25-2010, 07:17 PM
Gutsy win by your guys today. See you next week.

Namor
09-25-2010, 07:27 PM
Gutsy win by your guys today. See you next week.

Thanks CO...
Hey what did you think about,at the end of the game,Nick going for it on 4th and inches to put it away?
Would you have done that or punted?

COphinphan89
09-25-2010, 08:04 PM
Thanks CO...
Hey what did you think about,at the end of the game,Nick going for it on 4th and inches to put it away?
Would you have done that or punted?
I would have definitely punted the ball just to be safe. Just too much at stake there. If you don't get it, then the other team has a great shot at taking the game. A punt takes some time off the clock and even a touchback there is just fine. That said, with the way Bama gashed Arky on the ground all day long, you can't blame Nick for going for it. Even though it was McElroy getting the 1st, the line got him enough push for it. Good call.

Namor
09-27-2010, 01:24 PM
OK ...I'm just about over sulking about the lose to the Jets.
Time to get ready for Gator week.

TedSlimmJr
09-27-2010, 03:49 PM
Robert Lester earns SEC Player of the Week...

http://www.tidesports.com/article/20100927/NEWS/100929639/1011?Title=Lester-earns-SEC-POW-honors

He's quickly becoming quite the ballhawk in the secondary..

Namor
09-27-2010, 03:58 PM
Robert Lester earns SEC Player of the Week...

http://www.tidesports.com/article/20100927/NEWS/100929639/1011?Title=Lester-earns-SEC-POW-honors

He's quickly becoming quite the ballhawk in the secondary..

I think our young DB's grew up quite abit sat.

COphinphan89
09-27-2010, 05:57 PM
OK ...I'm just about over sulking about the lose to the Jets.
Time to get ready for Gator week.
I was there last night. This game was what helped me quit.

Namor
10-03-2010, 12:53 PM
Good win last night over real good team that,to me has coaching problems on the offensive side of the ball.

TedSlimmJr
10-03-2010, 08:08 PM
And Bama still hasn't allowed a 2nd half touchdown this season.... the freshman and young players are starting to get acclimated and react rather than think... We have young studs everywhere...

Saban is in complete control of the Alabama program... he reamed the little punter's *** on the sidelines last night, he proceeded to go out there and punt a ball that died at the 1 yardline like a sack of flour...

GMac has to start sliding or he's going to be a spectator real soon... on the other hand, his leadership and toughness doesn't go unnoticed with teammates... prior to the game his comments were "If they're going to beat me, they're going to have to kill me"... That's great and all Greg, but you don't have anything to prove... play smarter when the opportunity to slide or get down presents itself.

BTW... BDS is L-O-U-D...

Roll Tide..

Namor
10-05-2010, 10:52 AM
Next up...the "Ol" ball coach....

t2thejz
10-05-2010, 01:12 PM
Thank God I have Saturdays to look forward to. Dolphins are killing me.

Namor
10-05-2010, 01:37 PM
Thank God I have Saturdays to look forward to. Dolphins are killing me.

These last two weeks,Ive gone from great highs on Sat. nite to crap by
Monday nite.

t2thejz
10-05-2010, 02:43 PM
These last two weeks,Ive gone from great highs on Sat. nite to crap by
Monday nite.

Then by Wednesday I'm all amped to see the Tide play again!

TedSlimmJr
10-09-2010, 08:50 PM
I have to give all the credit to those South Carolina kids...

Sometimes you'll go into a tough road game like this and lose because you beat yourself more than anything... you'll go in there and turn the football over a bunch and never really give yourself a chance... that's not the case for Alabama today...

Bama had no turnovers... S.C. had the only turnover in the game... The bottom line is, South Carolina just looked like they wanted it more... they made the plays when they mattered... Bama didn't make enough..

I always felt like THIS was going to be the game that tripped Bama up... and unfortunately I nailed it. I'm not surprised that Alabama lost this game, I'm surprised by HOW they got beat. South Carolina pretty much did what they wanted in all phases (run the ball, pass the ball, convert 3rd and long like it was nothing, etc.).. But, you can't stay undefeated forever, especially when you're playing big time, tough opponents week in and week out... and South Carolina had 2 weeks to prepare...

It only gets tougher for Bama from here on out with all the conference foes they'll play that have bye weeks prior and will have 2 weeks to prepare...

You never know, we could see this game again in Atlanta in December....

t2thejz
10-10-2010, 09:18 AM
There is no doubt with all the bye weeks teams have before playing Bama that we have the toughest schedule in the SEC if not the country.
You are right Slimm USC just wanted it more. Spurrier did an excellent job preparing for us. Hope the D can learn from this and improve. I really want to see USC again in Atlanta. Bama has a tough road to get there though. I am honestly most worried about going to LSU. Auburn is the better team but Tuscaloosa is going to be rockin when they come to play. If Auburn, Alabama, and USC win out then the the last two games before bowl season in the SEC could be epic.

X-Pacolypse
10-10-2010, 10:32 AM
Give South Carolina a lot of credit. They clearly were the better team yesterday. Lucky for you Bama fans, you have Ole Miss and Tennessee as rebound games coming up.

Namor
10-10-2010, 12:15 PM
It's a weird feeling losing...It's been a long time...but yea...Give SC their props..they kicked our *****...
Props to the ol' ball coach.
Now we see how Bama reacts to a loss...I had thougth those young DB's of ours had grown up a little,
and they have..they just got took to the wood shed yesterday.

Namor
10-14-2010, 04:42 PM
Next up Ole' Piss......Old Miss,college football's equivalent to rebound sex.

TedSlimmJr
10-14-2010, 05:20 PM
What's strange is that Ole Miss has the highest scoring offense in the SEC.... What other conferences are you ever going to see arguably the worst team in it be the highest scoring team?

Just goes to show you that there really are no "gimmes" in the SEC.... not to mention, they've had 2 weeks to prepare for Bama too...

I'm noticing a trend here...

t2thejz
10-14-2010, 07:44 PM
What's strange is that Ole Miss has the highest scoring offense in the SEC.... What other conferences are you ever going to see arguably the worst team in it be the highest scoring team?

Just goes to show you that there really are no "gimmes" in the SEC.... not to mention, they've had 2 weeks to prepare for Bama too...

I'm noticing a trend here...

With the bye weeks Alabama's schedule is leaps and bounds harder than any other schedule in the country. I never realized Ole Miss had the highest scoring offense in the SEC. We match up great against teams with weak D's and high flying offenses. Just control the clock and pound the ball down their throat. Hope Bryant Denny is rocking. If I was there I know I would be loud after drinking all day. I don't remember the last time there was a 8:00 o'clock kickoff at home.

Roll Tide

CedarPhin
10-14-2010, 08:20 PM
The Ole Piss game shouldn't be too bad of one. I think your D will shut them down.

TedSlimmJr
10-14-2010, 08:41 PM
http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/101410aah.html

Alabama vs. Michigan to open the 2012 season at Cowboys Stadium now official...

CedarPhin
10-14-2010, 10:30 PM
Should be a good game.

Namor
10-17-2010, 12:47 AM
Damn..we are playing like crap.

t2thejz
10-26-2010, 07:18 PM
Looked better against the Vols. Time to use this week to improve and get healthy. Still think we control our own destiny by winning out. Hope the Newtons stay at number 1. Would love to bring them down.

t2thejz
10-31-2010, 12:20 PM
Do we move to #5 if the BCS?

JCane
11-04-2010, 02:31 AM
From LSUFreek

:lol: :lol:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/11/bamahellmarch_medium-1.gif

Namor
11-04-2010, 03:56 PM
From LSUFreek

:lol: :lol:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/11/bamahellmarch_medium-1.gif

Damn you JC.....
but funny..

JCane
11-04-2010, 03:59 PM
Damn you JC.....
but funny..

That guy is a GIF master. He writes form the Sporting News. I have no idea where his articles are but that's where all of his GIF come from. He does a couple each week. They're ALWAYS hilarious.

TedSlimmJr
11-04-2010, 05:04 PM
The part where Paul Finebaum is clapping with Saban is hilarious....

JCane
11-05-2010, 06:26 PM
Alright, LSUFreek is picking on Auburn now.

:lol:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/11/chizshakeweight-1.gif

t2thejz
11-07-2010, 06:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXRGbRFKWAs

TedSlimmJr
11-07-2010, 06:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXRGbRFKWAs

McElroy also got a hit to the head that should've been called... but they're neither here nor there...

The reason Bama lost is because they had LSU pinned deep in their own territory with a 3rd and 13, with not only the game on the line, but the SEASON... and another blown coverage allowed them to convert a HUGE play.... sealing the win..

It's the same reason Bama lost against S. Carolina, the youth and inexperience on defense leads to too many blown coverages and allows teams to convert 3rd and 13, 14, 15, etc. scenarios... over and over again...

And we better get over this one quick too... because there's a very good Mississippi St. team waiting for us next Saturday that's had 2 weeks to prepare...

Repeating as national champs is g-o-n-e... the only thing I'm worried about is going to another meaningless bowl game and the boys just not showing up because they're disinterested like they did against Utah...

Face it... if you're not playing for the national championship at Alabama, and end up in some meaningless bowl game instead, they don't care...

There's a lot of places where you play for championships.... but not at the University of Alabama...

.. at Alabama you play for DYNASTIES...

RTR..

t2thejz
11-07-2010, 09:09 PM
Agree with everything you said Slimm. I think they come out ready next weekend. As young as the team is sometimes losses like this are needed to teach the young players a lesson. Hate to see it especially from a team that is so physically gifted but I think the loss will stick with a lot of the players for awhile and it might be what the team needed.

chrisbaucom
11-07-2010, 09:25 PM
Les Miles was the blind squirrell that found a nut yesterday.

Namor
11-07-2010, 10:59 PM
Les Miles was the blind squirrell that found a nut yesterday.

He had big nuts to call a pass play on that play to seal it.

COphinphan89
11-09-2010, 11:18 PM
Namor and Ted, we are starting to see eye-to-eye on a certain topic at hand here.

I am quickly losing respect for the Auburn fanbase with each passing hour over this entire Newton/Mullen/Meyer fiasco.

TedSlimmJr
11-10-2010, 04:19 AM
Namor and Ted, we are starting to see eye-to-eye on a certain topic at hand here.

I am quickly losing respect for the Auburn fanbase with each passing hour over this entire Newton/Mullen/Meyer fiasco.

Try living with them for 40 years....

COphinphan89
11-19-2010, 10:24 PM
One week from today, I want to hear that damn Rammer Jammer so loud and proud it breaks my ****in speakers.

JCane
11-19-2010, 11:40 PM
I'm surprised that whoever did this made it out alive...

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/11/5189701229_cc76a91e23-1.jpg

COphinphan89
11-20-2010, 08:15 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/11/camnewton-1.jpg

Namor
11-21-2010, 12:05 AM
I'm surprised that whoever did this made it out alive...

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/11/5189701229_cc76a91e23-1.jpg

After the F.B.I. get finished with the Cam questioning...they need to get on this.

Sonsofbitches.

t2thejz
11-21-2010, 12:49 PM
I'm pumped! Going to make my second game of the year this Friday. Stadium is going to be rocking.

Roll Tide

JCane
11-21-2010, 11:55 PM
Courtesy of the Mainboard, of course...

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

COphinphan89
11-22-2010, 12:18 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/11/x55ik9-1.jpg

CedarPhin
11-22-2010, 04:13 AM
I hope Bama skull****s Auburn.

JCane
11-22-2010, 09:34 PM
Guys, stay close to your televisions this week.

The paper trail has been found...

tylerdolphin
11-22-2010, 09:52 PM
Guys, stay close to your televisions this week.

The paper trail has been found...
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/11/o_rly-1.jpg

JCane
11-22-2010, 10:20 PM
That's the word I've heard.

COphinphan89
11-23-2010, 10:39 PM
Those wacky LSU fans are at it agian. Enjoy.

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/messagetopic.asp?p=22822140

This one is my favorite:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/11/randymarshjizz_audp_bama-1.jpg

dreday
11-24-2010, 01:36 PM
should be a good one..roll tide roll!

tylerdolphin
11-26-2010, 07:16 PM
What a game.

COphinphan89
11-26-2010, 09:15 PM
Fret not Tiders. Your team got its shot at a professional squad and lost by a point. Auburn should enjoy this win while it stands, because it won't for very long.

Dolfan3773
11-27-2010, 01:59 AM
Tough loss for Bama fans but damn, what a game. I love football

TedSlimmJr
11-27-2010, 03:25 PM
One of the most unique Iron Bowl experiences I've had in 40+ years of the rivalry... too much went on before and after the game at the stadium to even begin talking about it...

But I will say this.... Namor, get your a** over there to Toomer's Corner and piss all over it...

iceman7213
11-28-2010, 10:40 PM
All I can say is "**** happens" on to next year.

Namor
11-29-2010, 12:43 AM
First post..since getting back from the game....DAMN!!!!!!!
You just can't leave that many points on the field like we did the first half.
They beat us...I'll tip my hat off to them...along with a middle finger.
Going to take me awhile to get over this one...
You guys are going to have to overlook me for a little while.

Namor
11-29-2010, 12:46 AM
AAARRRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!! I have felt like Charlie Brown when Lucy snatches the football away ,all weekend.
The win at Oak...today hardly brought a smile to my face.

TedSlimmJr
11-29-2010, 10:22 PM
First post..since getting back from the game....DAMN!!!!!!!
You just can't leave that many points on the field like we did the first half.
They beat us...I'll tip my hat off to them...along with a middle finger.
Going to take me awhile to get over this one...
You guys are going to have to overlook me for a little while.

Yeah but I almost lost it when you were over there throwing monopoly money at Cam....:lol:

Even the Barner guy that was sitting by us said.. "Now that's funny"...

BTW... did you hear it when the Auburn players came out for a prayer circle when they were letting the students in and the songs "Take the Money and Run" and "Son of a Preacher Man" was being played in the stadium....:lol:

Namor
11-30-2010, 10:22 AM
Yeah but I almost lost it when you were over there throwing monopoly money at Cam....:lol:

Even the Barner guy that was sitting by us said.. "Now that's funny"...

BTW... did you hear it when the Auburn players came out for a prayer circle when they were letting the students in and the songs "Take the Money and Run" and "Son of a Preacher Man" was being played in the stadium....:lol:

Yep...sad that it cost that guy his job.

BobDole
02-04-2011, 06:08 PM
talk about a WTF year for you guys. that much talent for that to happen? crazy talk.

anyways - not why i'm here. slimm - what did i tell you about that kid dix? #7 recruit in the ENTIRE country now? and you got the back too? saban shows up for one damn practice and hart switches his mind (from UF by the way - he had changed his mind about michigan). typical. those two kids took that team to a state championship - which they would've won had fog not dropped in at halftime and freak out our entire team. remember the names dix and hart - they will be HUGE for you guys in the next few years.

so ... what happened to you guys this year? would love some knowledgeable bama fans' takes.

TedSlimmJr
02-04-2011, 07:07 PM
talk about a WTF year for you guys. that much talent for that to happen? crazy talk.

anyways - not why i'm here. slimm - what did i tell you about that kid dix? #7 recruit in the ENTIRE country now? and you got the back too? saban shows up for one damn practice and hart switches his mind (from UF by the way - he had changed his mind about michigan). typical. those two kids took that team to a state championship - which they would've won had fog not dropped in at halftime and freak out our entire team. remember the names dix and hart - they will be HUGE for you guys in the next few years.

so ... what happened to you guys this year? would love some knowledgeable bama fans' takes.

What happened was we lost 9 starters, 3 All-Americans, and 6 NFL draft picks off the defense... we only returned 2 starters on the defensive side of the ball (Mark Barron and Marcell Dareus).

It was a season of blown coverages in the secondary due to inexperience and kids getting their feet wet in the SEC.

Bama's season really boiled down to 3 halves of football where the defense imploded... other than that they played extremely well.

1st half vs. South Carolina - allowed 160 yards, 21 points, and 3 TD's on South Carolina's first 3 offensive possessions.

2nd half vs. LSU - allowed 334 yards, 21 points, and 7 plays of 15+ yards.

2nd half vs. Auburn - allowed 242 yards, 21 points, and TD drives of 69, 75, and 67 yards.

Bama's defense allowed opponents to convert 3rd and LONG at an alarming rate due to blown coverages... it was just inexperience and kids not being familiar with Saban's complex system yet.

The talent is there, and several of the new starters played EXTREMELY well, like Robert Lester, who finished 2nd in the entire country with 8 interceptions... Courtney Upshaw played like a 1st round pick. C.J. Mosely and Nico Johnson both played extremely well (just ask John Brantley)...

The pass rush just wasn't there this year like it had been for the previous 2 years, due to having all new starters up front.

The talent is there, and even more is being loaded up.... it's just a matter of getting all the bugs worked out and getting some experience in critical spots, so we can avoid the breakdowns that plagued the defense in 3 halves of football in key games.

When you lose that much talent, and that much experience off of one of the best defenses that college football has seen in many years, you're going experience a setback, and go through periods of inconsistency like Bama did in 2010.

A lot of the kids were just injured and worn down by the end of the season too from playing such a brutal schedule... but you saw what happened to Michigan St. after they had a chance to rest up.

COphinphan89
02-04-2011, 11:53 PM
2010 Bama was essentially 2007 UF except they actually beat the Big 11 team they faced from Michigan in the Citrus Bowl. Defending champs with a high-powered offense featuring a Heisman winner (though Tebow hadn't won his yet) that could score a lot of points, but an inexperienced defense that gave up a lot of yards and points too which cost them a few games.

If you remember, that '06 defense carried UF most of the way to the title. Most of those games were nail-biters and the offense struggled most of the way up until the SECCG against Arkansas where they broke out and put up 38 and the OSU game where they put up 41. The next year, Tebow took over and the offense took off, but the defense was putrid. Good players like Moss, Nelson, RayMac, Lewis, Smith, and Cohen were gone and awful players like Kyle Jackson, Avery Atkins, Wondy Pierre-Louis, and Jacques Rickerson were starting. Yes guys like Dunlap, Spikes, Wright, and Haden were on that team, but they were all very inexperienced.

That unit gave up 42 points and 188 rushing yards for Knowshon Moreno in a loss to UGA, 41 to Michigan, and gave LSU all those 4th down conversions in that game we lost in the last minute in BR. Hell I think it was either WKU or Troy that ended up scoring 31 points even though they lost big. I still remember a very average Auburn team coming into The Swamp and running quick slants and short out routes all night long completely uncontested and beating us by a FG at the end of the game.

But our '06 and '07 recruiting classes were simply outstanding. The very next year, all that talent on the defensive side of the ball had matured, and with the additions of speed-demons like Demps and Rainey, that team was suddenly a machine and they won it all again. And that is why Alabama is my personal favorite to take the SEC in 2011 and possibly the Sears Trophy again. They've recruited very well the last few years and they will be very deep.

It really is a testament to how good our recruiting was under Meyer when you look at all the talent on that '08 roster. Numerous NFL players, several 1st round picks, and two Heisman winners in Newton and Tebow, even though one of them didn't quite work out here.

COphinphan89
02-05-2011, 12:27 AM
Got a question for you Namor or Ted. Is AJ McCarron slated to start next season or is he competing with anyone?

TedSlimmJr
02-05-2011, 03:01 PM
A.J. will compete with Phillip Sims for the starting job... the question is how the loser of that battle handles himself this spring. They could both start in a lot of places, and if the one who loses out transfers, it's going leave Bama with a true freshman or a walk-on as the backup.

TedSlimmJr
02-07-2011, 10:45 PM
Namor I think you'll find this very interesting...

Albert Means Speaks Out...

http://www.wreg.com/news/wreg-albert-means-story,0,2642233.story

Namor
02-08-2011, 10:42 AM
Cool..Nothing earth shattering that I hadn't heard before.
That's what bothers me about the Cam situation...Means did not know his coach was
shopping him,yet by NCAA rules,he was declared inelgible.
Now,don't get me wrong...Bama was wrong in trying to pay for Means...but so was Tenn,SC,
Clemson and a few other ACC schools.Roy Kramer long ****** us.
This is what makes the SEC look bad,Mike Slive,our commish,cut a deal,to keep Cam playing.
If Auburn isn't in the title hunt,Cam is ruled inelgible.

TedSlimmJr
02-08-2011, 03:50 PM
Boosters like Logan Young are a cancer to college football, and Bama deserved what we got if it was indeed true what happened..

Albert's "I didn't know" defense seemed to be good as far as the NCAA was concerned, but it was the FBI getting involved and the fact that the payments came from an Alabama booster that caused the program to get hammered.

Remember how we used to talk about how incredibly similar Cam Newton's case was to the Albert Means scandal?

Lynn Lang was the coach and father figure for Albert Means, and he's the one who took the $160,000 according to the FBI... Cecil Newton is Lynn Lang.

Except Cecil already admitted to seeking money from Mississippi St. for his son....

Apparently, the FBI just hasn't nailed down the source of the money, and who Auburn's Logan Young is yet. They probably know who it is, they just can't prove it yet, they're still investigating the money trail.

Like I've always said, the right person just hasn't spoken up yet... it'll be interesting to see who ends up being the Roy Kramer against Auburn.

Namor
02-08-2011, 04:53 PM
Boosters like Logan Young are a cancer to college football, and Bama deserved what we got if it was indeed true what happened..

Albert's "I didn't know" defense seemed to be good as far as the NCAA was concerned, but it was the FBI getting involved and the fact that the payments came from an Alabama booster that caused the program to get hammered.

Remember how we used to talk about how incredibly similar Cam Newton's case was to the Albert Means scandal?

Lynn Lang was the coach and father figure for Albert Means, and he's the one who took the $160,000 according to the FBI... Cecil Newton is Lynn Lang.

Except Cecil already admitted to seeking money from Mississippi St. for his son....

Apparently, the FBI just hasn't nailed down the source of the money, and who Auburn's Logan Young is yet. They probably know who it is, they just can't prove it yet, they're still investigating the money trail.

Like I've always said, the right person just hasn't spoken up yet... it'll be interesting to see who ends up being the Roy Kramer against Auburn.

I'm thinking once the McGregor/Gilly Bingo trial gets underway...Then whats on the FBI tapes will come out.
Thats when the dominos will start to fall.

TedSlimmJr
02-08-2011, 10:47 PM
Breaking Down Bama's WR's for 2011...

http://alabama.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1186536

A lot of talent.. a lot of speed.. and a lot of inexperience beyond Maze and Hanks.

TedSlimmJr
02-14-2011, 01:13 AM
Finally some open date relief in Bama's schedule...

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/02/alabamas_2011_football_schedul.html

COphinphan89
02-14-2011, 02:52 PM
Rumors circulating now that Trooper Taylor could be forced out at Auburn soon due to "recruiting tactics". Stay tuned.

JCane
02-16-2011, 07:10 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

:bobdole:

TedSlimmJr
02-19-2011, 03:14 PM
Boise St. coaches headed to study Crimson Tide...

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2011/02/18/1532716/coaches-traveling-south-to-study.html#%23ixzz1EKvyurkM

TedSlimmJr
02-21-2011, 02:37 PM
This is a great 4 part video series on Bear Bryant and Joe Paterno. It's a very nostalgic look at these two iconic coaches, and how they're intertwined.

The true college football fan can't help but enjoy this one... I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I did.

Part 1 -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FemFcgw_Os4

Part 2 -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQiVuweU8lU

Part 3 -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1x3YaGDyX4

Part 4 -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfFWMxvkFsI

TedSlimmJr
03-04-2011, 04:44 PM
Four to miss spring drills...(Murphy, Kelly, Neighbors, Harbin)

http://alabama.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1196202

COphinphan89
03-04-2011, 10:06 PM
Breaking News....

A local radio station here in Huntsville is reporting that a 20 year old Auburn student has called in and said he has poisoned 17 trees around Bryant-Denny stadium in Tuscaloosa.

Fortunately, Alabama Power officials have checked the soil and do not think the herbicide will damage the telephone poles....

Found that on GatorCountry lol.

COphinphan89
04-27-2011, 09:45 PM
Namor, Ted, hope you guys and your people are alright. I heard Tuscaloosa took a direct hit from an F5.

EDIT: Yes, this is BDS in the video being narrowly missed by the tornado.

http://www.twitvid.com/4W6PU

Adam First
04-27-2011, 09:58 PM
Tornado was an EF3 when it hit Tuscaloosa. Still no joke though.

It is believed to be an EF4, maybe EF5 when it moved into northern Metro Birmingham...right now the tornado is still on the ground, near Rome, Georgia. Still a big tornado too.

Hopefully all of our Alabama natives are safe tonight.

Namor
04-28-2011, 09:18 AM
Namor, Ted, hope you guys and your people are alright. I heard Tuscaloosa took a direct hit from an F5.

EDIT: Yes, this is BDS in the video being narrowly missed by the tornado.

http://www.twitvid.com/4W6PU

Thanks bud,
I live near Dothan,Al....so we are ok.
My oldest daughter goes to school at Bama,she is ok.My wife is in B'ham..she also is fine.
My prayers goes out to the injured and their families.

COphinphan89
04-30-2011, 05:18 PM
Hey guys. Thought I'd express my sympathies. I really hate seeing a good kid like McElroy going up to that disgraceful trash pile in New Jersey.

TedSlimmJr
05-02-2011, 04:25 PM
I'm fortunate to be able to report that we're all doing fine, but extremely lucky. Most of northern Alabama was without power from around 5 o'clock Wednesday evening until yesterday evening. Over 400,000 people without power, and cell phone service has been spotty at best.

The city of Cullman took a direct hit from an EF-5 tornado which is about 20 miles from here. Several of us spent almost the entire weekend from Thursday until Saturday searching through rubble looking for people. I've never seen devastation like this. Many small towns all across the state were wiped clean off the map.

The national media that's covering the Tuscaloosa tornado isn't showing nearly what the reality is. The reality is there were as many as half a dozen EF-4 and EF-5 tornados that ripped across the state of Alabama from Tuscaloosa, all the way to Huntsville. Entire communities and towns stripped down to nothing but the foundation. They've run out of body bags and are now storing bodies in refrigerated storages. That's only for the bodies they're able to find, there's hundreds more missing. There may not even be anything left of them to find.

The details are far too many and too morbid too even discuss, but many people I know have been affected by these storms and lost everything. This is a humanitarian crisis on a scale that nobody ever thought we would see around here. The power of these tornados were unimaginable, and the devastation is of epic proportions.

The death count is sure to rise in the days and weeks ahead, and it's already fast approaching the worst in U.S. history. These people will bounce back, but it's going to take a very long time. Right now the immediate need is for essentials like bottled water, clothes, etc. if you can donate anything at all please do so, these people are in dire need of help.

tylerdolphin
05-02-2011, 05:24 PM
I'm fortunate to be able to report that we're all doing fine, but extremely lucky. Most of northern Alabama was without power from around 5 o'clock Wednesday evening until yesterday evening. Over 400,000 people without power, and cell phone service has been spotty at best.

The city of Cullman took a direct hit from an EF-5 tornado which is about 20 miles from here. Several of us spent almost the entire weekend from Thursday until Saturday searching through rubble looking for people. I've never seen devastation like this. Many small towns all across the state were wiped clean off the map.

The national media that's covering the Tuscaloosa tornado isn't showing nearly what the reality is. The reality is there were as many as half a dozen EF-4 and EF-5 tornados that ripped across the state of Alabama from Tuscaloosa, all the way to Huntsville. Entire communities and towns stripped down to nothing but the foundation. They've run out of body bags and are now storing bodies in refrigerated storages. That's only for the bodies they're able to find, there's hundreds more missing. There may not even be anything left of them to find.

The details are far too many and too morbid too even discuss, but many people I know have been affected by these storms and lost everything. This is a humanitarian crisis on a scale that nobody ever thought we would see around here. The power of these tornados were unimaginable, and the devastation is of epic proportions.

The death count is sure to rise in the days and weeks ahead, and it's already fast approaching the worst in U.S. history. These people will bounce back, but it's going to take a very long time. Right now the immediate need is for essentials like bottled water, clothes, etc. if you can donate anything at all please do so, these people are in dire need of help.

Damn. Didnt realize things were that bad. Glad you and your family got through it OK, all things considered.

BobDole
05-02-2011, 05:29 PM
wow. glad to hear you're safe slimm. that's much worse than i thought it was. let me know if there's anything i can do to help.

TedSlimmJr
05-02-2011, 05:39 PM
http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20110427/NEWS/110429732/1007?Title=Violent-tornado-hits-Tuscaloosa

http://blog.al.com/wire/2011/04/mile-wide_tornado_strikes_tusc.html

Video of damage at the corner of 15th/McFarland in downtown Tuscaloosa:

http://www.twitvid.com/D1HNK

Video of Tuscaloosa tornado:

http://vimeo.com/22970879

TedSlimmJr
05-02-2011, 05:43 PM
Unedited-Raw footage of Tuscaloosa tornado:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0FHTG9VETY&feature=youtu.be

TedSlimmJr
05-02-2011, 05:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ohIVzIZLuQ

TedSlimmJr
05-02-2011, 05:46 PM
Before and after:

http://jimmyjosh.tumblr.com/post/5001327897/tornado-damage-before-and-after-photo-taken

TedSlimmJr
05-02-2011, 05:48 PM
Aftermath 15th Street in downtown Tuscaloosa:

http://video.tuscaloosanews.com/video/921666515001/

tylerdolphin
05-02-2011, 05:49 PM
Before and after:

http://jimmyjosh.tumblr.com/post/5001327897/tornado-damage-before-and-after-photo-taken

Holy ****...everything just vanished.

TedSlimmJr
05-02-2011, 05:51 PM
Aerial damage of Tuscaloosa tornado:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6giQ3csbUg&feature=player_embedded

TedSlimmJr
05-02-2011, 05:54 PM
Aerial damage of Hackleburg tornado:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBnisypTrzM&feature=youtu.be

Part-2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-AQdKr2JaU&feature=related

TedSlimmJr
05-02-2011, 05:59 PM
This is aerial damage of the Cullman tornado that hit 20 miles south of where I live. The next time any of you go to your county courthouse, imagine the strength a tornado must possess to strip a stone courthouse all the way down to it's foundation. You'll see what it looks like right here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR83MBQNGqw&feature=related

TedSlimmJr
05-02-2011, 06:06 PM
Here's before-and-after Satellite Images of the Tuscaloosa tornado's path (Use the slider):

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2011/04/29/us/before-after-satellite-images-showing-tornado-destruction.html#1-2-385-372

COphinphan89
05-02-2011, 08:35 PM
That video of the tornado swirling by with the dude's phone going off and his tone is the Alabama fight song is ****ing haunting.

TedSlimmJr
05-02-2011, 10:34 PM
That video of the tornado swirling by with the dude's phone going off and his tone is the Alabama fight song is ****ing haunting.

No question about it, haunting is a great description. As was the video in the link you provided of that monstrous tornado with BDS right in front of it.

That tornado is most likely going to end up being the single deadliest tornado in U.S. history. The meteorologists are claiming it's the strongest 88D signature they've ever detected.

TedSlimmJr
05-02-2011, 10:37 PM
Here's the one that came through Cullman:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6f9r57lSNvc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyVCsrmGsvU

TedSlimmJr
05-02-2011, 10:39 PM
SKY-CAM of Tuscaloosa tornado:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QFV60XFWfI&feature=related

TedSlimmJr
05-02-2011, 10:45 PM
This one killed several people in Arab, Alabama. Wiped out an entire community. Killed entire families that were huddled inside interior rooms of their homes. Took it clean down to the slab.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5a_yyh4KbQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVoTAfEQ8C0&feature=related

COphinphan89
05-03-2011, 12:26 AM
Are there no basements in Alabama because of too much water in the ground like it is in Florida?

TedSlimmJr
05-03-2011, 11:45 AM
Very few houses built anywhere nowdays have basements, even the one's in "tornado alley" in the midwest. The problem here is less of the water table variety (although it's still an issue) but more to do with the red clay base in the soil, and the limestone bedrock.

Contractors won't build housing projects with basements because they don't know how deep they'll get to dig before they hit limestone.

Basements here are only built on lots where the grade of the land allows for it. If you have a basement here, it's actually above the foundation of your home in relation to sea level.

There were actually people killed here by these storms that were in their basements... they were literally sucked out of there.

The strange thing about this particular bunch of tornados that hit last Wednesday was that there really wasn't a safe place to be from them because they were so intense. If you were in the path of these tornados, it's pure luck if you survived.

Myles Fynch
05-03-2011, 06:03 PM
Thanks for sharing those videos, and your descriptions, Slimm. I follow the weather a lot because my folks live on the coast in NJ. Had to evacuate in 1985, but Gloria never came inland as was feared.

My prayers and best wishes. To lose so many lives and so much of your communities so quickly is hard to imagine.

TedSlimmJr
05-06-2011, 12:02 AM
Javier Arenas hid from deadly tornado in bathtub...

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/msn/kansas_city_chiefs_javier_arenas_survives_killer_tornado_and_lends_a_helping_hand/4678290

COphinphan89
05-06-2011, 10:59 PM
Absolutely shocking story from this guy:

http://blog.al.com/wire/2011/05/tuscaloosa_tornado_experience.html

TUSCALOOSA, Alabama -- This is my experience during the tornado that swept through Alberta and Tuscaloosa in as much detail as I can muster with the medication I am on. I need to put this down for therapeutic reasons and for others to read because I can't keep re-telling this story.

If you are to take anything away from this story it is two things: 1) God saved so many people that day including me; and 2) disasters bring out the absolute best in some people...and the absolute worst in others.

I am going to write down the events exactly as I remember them while I still can. I will add details that I have gathered from accounts by my neighbor and judging from materials stuck inside my body. I would also like to point out that any person I don't reference by name (such as neighbor) I had not really met before. Here goes:

At roughly 4 p.m. on April 27, 2011, I was sitting in Finance 414 class listening to a presentation on industries, and the severe weather alarms went off and the University canceled classes for the rest of the day. I considered staying on campus, but I saw everyone else leaving and decided I would be fine going to my apartment (face palm). This is probably my biggest regret of my life purely for the fact that I let the actions of others sway my opinion and nearly kill me.

I walked to my truck that was parked roughly a mile away near the Coliseum. I knew we were in for a storm when the wind knocked my backpack off my shoulder halfway there. I made it to my truck and drove to my apartment that was located at the intersection of University Blvd. and 25th Avenue East in Alberta City, AL. During my drive, I received several texts from both my older and younger sisters warning me that some severe storms were heading to my area. Naturally, I discounted them as hysteria and paranoia and continued on my merry way.

I got to my apartment at roughly 4:30 p.m. and popped a frozen pizza in the oven for dinner. I turned on my computer and pulled up my assignments for the night. As I began working through my homework, I got some more texts from friends warning me of the weather. I assured them all that I would be perfectly safe in my sturdy apartment. The timer for the pizza went off so I got it out of the oven and took two slices to my room. I hadn't eaten much for lunch so I was ravenous. I ate nearly the entire pizza. This small detail probably saved my life. More on that later.

The power in my apartment went out at roughly 5 p.m., so I opened the shades on my window to read and look outside. I noticed the trees behind my apartment swaying at a steep angle. Then I decided I should probably close all windows and doors. I did so.

Just then my buddy Sean Philips texted me that I should find cover. I was coming up with a clever retort about how paranoid he is being when my ears popped really hard and I heard what sounded like a train outside my window. I had watched enough news to know this meant a tornado.

I jumped into my closet and slammed the door shut. I felt the whole building shaking, so I grabbed the door knob and held it shut with all my strength. Then I heard tearing and ripping noises which had to be my back wall tearing away.

At this point, I wanna point out that if any of these events had occurred slightly differently or in a different order, I would have been buried.

Anyway, the back wall tore away from the building, and the door to my closet began shaking open and I kept pulling it back closed. After a couple seconds of this struggle, the door and I were sucked out of the closet and through the back wall.

I never rose more than a couple feet off the ground, but judging from memories of where things were, I flew about 40 feet total. The winds flung me from the back wall into the chain link fence 10-15 feet behind my apartment with enough force to leave bruises of the chain links in my side. It then flung me back into some piles of rubble where I was then rolled around on the ground for about 15 seconds before it subsided slightly.

I looked up from my prone position and I was lying on tile floor and I could see my neighbor lying on top of her baby trying to shield her. I also heard myself screaming and realized I had been screaming the entire time but hadn't noticed.

The winds were beginning to pick up again so I ran over to my neighbor and threw myself on top of them to try and shield them. Somewhere along the way I stepped on a piece of wood with enough force to shove a 3-inch piece through the bottom of my foot.

Please take note, this was not an act of heroism, but desperation. As far as my concussed mind could think, I truly believed during that split second that we three were the only beings left in a world that had dissolved around us. I acted to try and preserve the only other people left in this Hell so I wouldn't be alone if I survived.

I laid on top of my neighbor and immediately the winds picked up again. I was bombarded with (judging from wounds and what is still embedded in my back at the time of this writing) glass, roofing shingles, pieces of wood, and a Bic pen. LOL. I know this for sure because I pulled it out of my side when I stood up.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gifRandy Robbins counts himself blessed to have survived, having crawled from the the rubble of a scene similar to this one in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, after an EF-4 tornado plowed through the city on April 27, 2011. (Izzy Gould/Tuscaloosa Bureau)
The storm finally dissipated after roughly 10-20 seconds, and I slowly stood up. Due to adrenaline and shock, I did not notice any of the injuries I suffered. However, I did notice that I could barely hear anything and my ears were bleeding from the pressure of the storm (the earlier popping that alerted me of the tornado). Everyone's ears were. The poor baby's ears were pouring blood.

At this point, I surveyed my body. My jeans, watch, glasses, and shirt had been ripped from my body. Somehow, I was still holding my iPhone in my right hand. Just then a call came through. It was my older sister, Christina. I could only stare at the phone in disbelief before answering. I don't remember our conversation, but she later relayed it to me. Here it is as she remembers it:

Christy: Randy??? Randy???

Me: Kiki! My apartment; it's gone. The baby is bleeding. I lost my glasses. My foot is bleeding bad. There are people stuck. I have to go.

I then hung up the phone because people were screaming from within piles of rubble.

I limped over to the nearest pile where one of my neighbor's head was sticking out from beneath a section of roof. I pulled off a couple small pieces of wood before collapsing. I think I blacked out for a couple seconds.

Next thing I remember, he is digging himself out. He comes to check on me and almost slips in the puddle of blood and water at my feet. He tears off his shirt and ties it around my foot (I had no shoes or socks on before it hit). He helps me stand and we look around at the damage.

I see my childhood friend Austin and his girlfriend Mary and their dog that live six doors down from me. They are standing in their bathroom. I yell to them and then begin trying to crawl out.

At some point I believe a neighbor (maybe Mary) throws me a woman's loafer which I put on my left foot to protect it. It was a left shoe that was about 2 sizes too small but I barely noticed. I can't walk because of my foot so I throw some sections of my couch across the short wall of sharp debris between me and what's left of the parking lot and begin crawling on my hands and knees across. Due to the composition and layout of the debris, I am forced to crawl on my belly under my truck to get out (it was then parked in my living room and totaled).

I finally reach the parking lot covered in blood, dirt, oil, and sheetrock dust. I lend a neighbor my phone and then I spot my friend and neighbor, Brandon and hobble to him to check him out. Amazingly, he is unhurt. We both hear someone yelling that another storm is about to touch down in the area so we immediately take off to find shelter.

I lose track of everyone else. Austin and Mary help dig out some neighbors. Brandon lends me his shoulder and we begin walking (me hopping) to the Piggly Wiggly down the street. We hear that they are not letting people in so we detour to the local Save-A-Lot and ask the manager if he is letting people in. He lets us in. I sit on the nearest checkout station while Brandon runs to find first aid supplies. He finds peroxide, paper towels, and scotch tape. I use what little Spanish I know to try to cheer up a small Hispanic child that was crying near me.

I begin to feel very faint from blood loss so I start chugging as much Gatorade as possible to keep blood sugar up so I don't pass out. The pizza I ate earlier also probably kept me awake and alive. Brandon begins cleaning and wrapping my foot. We then see that there is still wood sticking out. We wrap paper towels and tape over it to try to stop the blood loss.

I then begin to feel a slight itchy, burning sensation on my back so I asked him to take a look. He says that I have a few cuts on my back. I'm glad he didn't tell me the extent to which it was messed up.

We stay in the store and wait for the next tornado to touch down. I sit on a rolling cart so that Brandon could quickly wheel me to the back if it came. We were all getting ready to run to the back and lock ourselves inside the freezer. I tell Brandon to gather some food and water in case we are trapped inside the store. I feel prepared, so I try to slow breathing and heart rate to slow blood flow.

Some time later (I began losing track of time and events) we see people run into the bank to steal money, and cops arrest them. This pisses us all off for obvious reasons.

Brandon and I walk (and hop) up to the Texaco because we hear they have set up a triage center there. We get there and they turn us away, so we go back to the store. I am exhausted from blood loss and hopping everywhere.

I should point out that I am hopping down the street wearing only my silver cross necklace and boxers and the homemade bandages on my foot. It's funny now, not so much then.

We stay in the store for a while. A woman who was in the store earlier comes running back and leads a cop to where I'm lying. I owe her and Brandon both my life. I would have bled out within a couple hours if that cop hadn't found me. He calls in a truck and I jump in the back and they drive me to the hospital. I ask for pen in the bed of the truck so I can write my name and medical info and mom's phone number on my body in case I pass out again and can't talk to nurses.

We get to the hospital and I am assigned a randomized name for legal reasons (Raja Ed Downtime). I ask over and over again for them to call my mom to check on Jessica because she is home alone in Homewood and I heard a storm passed by there.

I will never forget the nurse who helped me, Nurse Jackie. She checked up on me throughout my X-Rays and CT scans and stitches over the next 6-8 hours. I felt like I was her only patient although she likely had scores of them at this time. I plan on thanking her personally as soon as I can travel.

This is where the story ends. I am just one person among hundreds, possibly thousands of people hurt in a city where neighbors and strangers alike risked their own lives to save each other. I tried to help who I could any way I could, and I owe my life to many others.

Thank you, Nurse Jackie, for consoling me while I was alone for those many hours. Thank you, Brandon, for lending me a friendly shoulder and thinking only of others. Thank you, Lady from Save-A-Lot, for finding me a ride to the hospital. Thank you, Mom, for forcing Delta airlines to let you off of a plane preparing to take off. Thank you, Jimmy and Jessica, for looking throughout hospitals (and morgue) for me for hours before finding me. Thank you to the men and women of the National Guard, fire departments, and police departments around the state. Many of us wouldn't have made it without y'all. And, of course, thank you, GOD. Even as the clothes and material possessions were ripped from my body, your symbol stayed firmly around my neck and in my heart.

It is long, but I can already feel a massive weight lifted from my chest. This note has done its job. If you are reading this, you are my friend and share the honor of calling me "pal." ;)

Randy Robbins is a student at the University of Alabama and a native of Homewood.

COphinphan89
05-11-2011, 01:00 AM
Those videos of the damage are sad. Some roofs are torn down to the felt and/or sheathing, others down to the trusses, and some completely wiped away. Some people were just a little luckier than others.

TedSlimmJr
05-19-2011, 11:31 AM
Tide's Trent Richardson has few peers physically:

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/22991/tides-richardson-has-few-peers-physically

Nice of him to throw "his boy" Jeff Demps in a little compliment there at the end. Demps is going to threaten Chris Johnson's 4.24 at the combine, and I think he's 50/50 to break it...

Meanwhile, Trent is going to blow the doors off the NFL combine... both physically and in the interview process.

The rest of the SEC better get ready to stop this rolling ball of butcher knives known as Trent Richardson... and they better bring some buddies...

BobDole
05-19-2011, 12:31 PM
doesn't hurt having that psycho weight training coach screaming at you the whole time either. my little brother has a shot of going D1 - so i showed him some youtube videos of that maniac in hopes that it would freak him out. success.

richardson is a better prospect that ingram - he's got a legit chance of being a top 10 pick next year. then you got my boy dee there waiting in the wings ... *******s.

demps will have a big season for the gators. he's all kind of geared up for it. him and rainey are poised for a lethal ground attack next year - so long as rainey can hold the murder texts to a minimum.

TedSlimmJr
05-20-2011, 03:10 PM
Trent's one of those guys that doesn't need coach Cochran yelling at him... if he's yelling at Trent, it's instructions to ease up on the weight...

The S&C coaches had to limit Trent in the weight room his freshman year.

I remember watching some of Trent's workout regimes when he still in high school... running uphill dragging a railroad tie behind him...

His potential is as scary as he is difficult to stop...

dreday
06-08-2011, 10:08 PM
Absolutely shocking story from this guy:

http://blog.al.com/wire/2011/05/tuscaloosa_tornado_experience.html

sucks what happened to those people.i'm fortunate that this didn't affect my family in mobile...

TedSlimmJr
06-09-2011, 09:26 AM
Figured we'd take a stroll down memory lane and take a look at a couple of the top moments in Crimson Tide lore throughout the years...

Namor this is for you brother... RTR.

Dixie Howell:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6wGLdEkomc&feature=player_embedded

-"The Goal Line Stand" - Alabama vs. Penn St. 1979 Sugar Bowl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZJMaFw4VU2&feature=player_embedded

-"The Kick"- Alabama vs. Auburn 1985 Iron Bowl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2z8-i2YYQg&feature=player_embedded

-"Silence of the Canes"- Alabama vs. Miami 1993 Sugar Bowl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec7Bt41kdGU&feature=player_embedded

-"Tears of Tebow"- Alabama vs. Florida 2009 SEC Championship:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6UpELcytSA&feature=related

-"The Roses in this grand ol' stadium are once again Crimson"- Alabama vs. Texas 2010 BCS National Championship:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jET1VyRNldM&feature=player_embedded

Namor
06-09-2011, 12:57 PM
I'm old enough to have been at several of them.
My fav is still Van Tiffen's kick to break Aubbies heart.
I was a student then.

dreday
06-09-2011, 04:42 PM
not old enough to have watched dixie howell :err:,but i remember the rest.good stuff...

TedSlimmJr
06-10-2011, 09:06 AM
not old enough to have watched dixie howell :err:

Me either. Although Namor is... pretty sure he was a student back then....

dreday
06-21-2011, 01:02 PM
link (http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/06/countdown_to_football_74_days.html)

Last year, Alabama was a heavy favorite to repeat as national champions in practically every preseason ranking or poll. This year, early opinions are split between the Crimson Tide and Oklahoma.
Oklahoma, 12-2 last year, has been tabbed No. 1 in 2011 preseason rankings by ESPN and Lindy's. The Sooners return quarterback Landry Jones, who led the Big 12 with 4,718 yards and 38 touchdowns last season, and All-American receiver Ryan Broyles, who owns 10 OU receiving records, as well as the majority of their defense.
Alabama, meanwhile, is picked No. 1 by Athlon and Phil Steele after a 10-3 season in 2010. The Tide return talented running back Trent Richardson, All-SEC offensive lineman Barrett Jones and top defenders Dont'a Hightower and Mark Barron.

dreday
07-06-2011, 05:26 PM
link (http://www.rollbamaroll.com/2011/7/6/2263021/running-back-depth-takes-another-hit-dee-hart-out-for-the-season-with)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlQIMygPUQA&feature=player_embedded

University of Alabama freshman running back Dee Hart sustained a knee injury Tuesday, a source close to Hart told TideSports.com.

The injury was also confirmed by Hart's former position coach at Orlando Dr. Phillips High School, Riki Smith, who said the freshman tore his anterior cruciate ligament (ACL).

"He's good, you know Dee," Smith told the Orlando Sentinel. "If that had to happen to any of our kids, that's who I'd rather it happened to because he has the right mindset. The trainer told him 'ok, you have surgery on Thursday and can start rehab next week' and Dee said 'what about Friday?'"

TedSlimmJr
08-07-2011, 07:25 PM
Here's the Photo Gallery from Fan/Media Day today:

http://alabama.247sports.com/Article/PHOTO-GALLERY-Media-Day-2011-34302

chrisbaucom
08-08-2011, 10:09 PM
Went to watch one of the last open to the public practices for the falcons sunday morning, and Julio Jones is all the hype plus some. Never seen a rookie wide receiver that looks like that.

TedSlimmJr
08-08-2011, 10:59 PM
Yep... he's a legitimate cornerstone type player for an NFL franchise. His physical talent is only half of it, it's his relentless work ethic and magnificent character that's going to take him where he's headed...

One of my favorite kids that have ever stepped foot on campus in Tuscaloosa, and that's saying something...

dreday
08-29-2011, 04:54 PM
duron carter has been admitted to bama...

link (http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/08/source_duron_carter_has_been_a.html)

about damn time...

MelbournePhin
08-29-2011, 05:16 PM
i hope desmond howard is right, he predicted a Bama/FSU title game.

chrisbaucom
08-29-2011, 06:48 PM
Hes half right...Bama is a good pick.

Namor
09-07-2011, 10:58 AM
Getting ready to go visit JoePa.
We get to see traditional great uni's...not that vile crap Maryland had or
any of that Nike Combat crap.

COphinphan89
09-07-2011, 12:25 PM
Getting ready to go visit JoePa. We get to see traditional great uni's...not that vile crap Maryland had or any of that Nike Combat crap. Amen

Namor
09-12-2011, 10:08 AM
Still not happy with our performance...offensive line is pissing me off.
Wait and see what we look like come SEC play.

TedSlimmJr
09-12-2011, 02:03 PM
Still not happy with our performance...offensive line is pissing me off.
Wait and see what we look like come SEC play.

We miss Joe Pendry, no doubt about that... but I also knew that we were going to.

The problem with the offensive line right now is missed assignments on pulls and counters during run plays. When a guard is pulling, nobody is filling the gap correctly. The pass protection has been outstanding. Saban will make sure Stoutland gets the missed assignments in the run game corrected.... actually, he made sure he got them corrected in the Penn St. game. We controlled the line of scrimmage after the 1st quarter.

Namor
09-20-2011, 05:37 PM
Getting ready for SEC play...bring on the Hogs.

Phinatic8u
09-24-2011, 07:36 PM
If I wasnt a Clemson homer I would love me some Alabama. I got a man crush on Lester. Damn good FS.

But Alabama is my favorite for the national championship. They do everything well. Accurate game manager a QB is all they need especially with Ri hardson at RB who IMO is a better RB than Ingram and its not even close. Reminds me of a college Ricky Williams. Just a damn good player.

Bama's defense is just amazing Barron and Lester make up the best S tandem in the country. Both pkaymakers and under Saban are the most NFL S in the country as well. Dont know to much about there front 7. But I know there great there as well.

dreday
09-24-2011, 07:39 PM
Roll tide roll!!

Namor
09-24-2011, 07:44 PM
We hit Wilson so many times today,I started feeling sorry for him.

Namor
09-27-2011, 10:52 AM
Time to invade the Swamp.

Flip Tanneflop
09-27-2011, 10:09 PM
Roll through these clowns in the swamp.

Cant wait till the national championship game on Nov. 5. Its going to be a good one.

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!

Namor
09-27-2011, 11:23 PM
Roll through these clowns in the swamp.

Cant wait till the national championship game on Nov. 5. Its going to be a good one.

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!

Going to be a war!!!
But I'm not overlooking the Gators.
Muschamp will be shooting for a signature win.
We have to punish Brantley..over and over...

COphinphan89
09-28-2011, 10:29 PM
Well gentlemen, we are waiting for a game we may not see often enough in the near future. Let's enjoy it while we can. Good luck to you sirs.

Namor
09-28-2011, 11:34 PM
Well gentlemen, we are waiting for a game we may not see often enough in the near future. Let's enjoy it while we can. Good luck to you sirs.

Great taste in TV shows.....Breaking Bad and Sons of Anarchy are my favorites.

COphinphan89
09-29-2011, 12:31 AM
Tell ya what man. I am just as amped up for these last two episodes of this season of Breaking Bad as I am for this game this weekend. That's how much I love that show. Mike is one of my favorite TV badasses of all time.

tylerdolphin
09-29-2011, 01:35 AM

Breaking Bad, SOA, and Dexter are the cream of the crop right now.

Namor
09-29-2011, 09:00 AM
Tell ya what man. I am just as amped up for these last two episodes of this season of Breaking Bad as I am for this game this weekend. That's how much I love that show. Mike is one of my favorite TV badasses of all time.

I think the way Jesse tried to help Mike at the surgery tent,Mike is the one that ends up killing Gus.
I think thats the only way out for Walt and Jesse.

Namor
09-29-2011, 09:07 AM
Breaking Bad, SOA, and Dexter are the cream of the crop right now.

Justified and the Walking Dead are two of my other favs.
I was PISSED that Lights Out and Terriors were cancelled.

Phinatic8u
09-29-2011, 02:58 PM
Clemson is winnng the National Championship this year

COphinphan89
09-29-2011, 03:48 PM
I think the way Jesse tried to help Mike at the surgery tent,Mike is the one that ends up killing Gus.
I think thats the only way out for Walt and Jesse.
I could see that happening. According to people on the show, there's supposed to be two "OMG!" moments at the end of this season and Walt is supposedly going to do something "irredeemable" whatever that may be.

Namor
09-29-2011, 04:38 PM
I could see that happening. According to people on the show, there's supposed to be two "OMG!" moments at the end of this season and Walt is supposedly going to do something "irredeemable" whatever that may be.

Hmmm!!!That could be a couple of things...Walt kills Jesse or screws over Hank,or gives Hank the evidence he needs to take Gus out.
We'll have to see.

tylerdolphin
09-29-2011, 05:09 PM
Hmmm!!!That could be a couple of things...Walt kills Jesse or screws over Hank,or gives Hank the evidence he needs to take Gus out.
We'll have to see.

Breaking Bad easily has the highest concentration of "OH HOLY ****" moments on TV. No other show is on its level. If the end of this season is anything like the end of last season...wow.

You ever see Californication?

Namor
09-29-2011, 05:18 PM
Breaking Bad easily has the highest concentration of "OH HOLY ****" moments on TV. No other show is on its level. If the end of this season is anything like the end of last season...wow.

You ever see Californication?

Yes..Great music soundtracks ...just not one of my "Must see" shows..it's good,though.

dreday
10-02-2011, 01:45 AM
and trent richardson is a BEAST!!

RTR!!!

TedSlimmJr
10-02-2011, 09:07 PM
Get a few bye weeks now to get rested up for the National Championship game against LSU.

Main thing is we need to keep the boys healthy these next few games. Put 'em all away early and let the backups play the 2nd half... Coach Saban is the best in the business at precisely that.

-Roll Tide-

Flip Tanneflop
10-05-2011, 09:53 AM
I wish the Tide had a non conference game against the Canes this year.

What would your prediction for the final score be Dr. Slimm?

TedSlimmJr
10-07-2011, 11:55 AM
It'd be close.

What would be your prediction on the number of points the Canes would score vs. how many quarterbacks they'd go through, Dr. Sanity?

Think they'd go through more quarterbacks than points scored?

COphinphan89
10-10-2011, 10:35 PM
Namor, Ted, we're gonna need to need some extra mojo this weekend. Root for us!

Namor
10-11-2011, 12:39 AM
Namor, Ted, we're gonna need to need some extra mojo this weekend. Root for us!

Please beat Auburn...I'd pull for Iraq against Auburn...
Stop their running game..they don't have much else.
You boys should get healthy against them..You don't need extra mojo,..you got
the better team.

TedSlimmJr
10-11-2011, 12:32 PM
I don't have quite as positive an outlook on this one as Namor does. While he's right that if you stop Dyer and McCalebb they don't have much else, it's the same story with Florida. If you stop Rainey and Demps, they don't have much else.

Except it's a helluva lot harder to stop Dyer and McCalebb than it is to stop Rainey and Demps. Both teams breaking in new quarterbacks that are young and raw.

Jordan-Hare is just a damn tough place to play.

Good luck in this one Crocs.

Namor
10-11-2011, 01:38 PM
I don't have quite as positive an outlook on this one as Namor does. While he's right that if you stop Dyer and McCalebb they don't have much else, it's the same story with Florida. If you stop Rainey and Demps, they don't have much else.

Except it's a helluva lot harder to stop Dyer and McCalebb than it is to stop Rainey and Demps. Both teams breaking in new quarterbacks that are young and raw.

Jordan-Hare is just a damn tough place to play.

Good luck in this one Crocs.

I'm just hoping....I really hate the Aubbies...bunch of tree hugging hippie fa**

Namor
10-11-2011, 01:42 PM
By the way "Who made up Fla's schedule"?.. Bama at home,then LSU at Baton Rouge,
then off to Jordan-Hare...Damn....but thats life in the SEC...things can get brutal
real quick.....

TedSlimmJr
10-11-2011, 01:50 PM
By the way "Who made up Fla's schedule"?.. Bama at home,then LSU at Baton Rouge,
then off to Jordan-Hare...Damn....but thats life in the SEC...things can get brutal
real quick.....

They make up for by making sure they don't travel outside the state of Florida to play an OOC game, or schedule a ranked OOC opponent away from Gainesville.

The SEC schedule is brutal on everybody.

COphinphan89
10-11-2011, 02:20 PM
They make up for by making sure they don't travel outside the state of Florida to play an OOC game, or schedule a ranked OOC opponent away from Gainesville.

The SEC schedule is brutal on everybody.
Well FSU is ranked every now and then. Not like they used to be in the 90s though. As for the three West teams on the sched, it's just how the rotations go. Played the same 3 teams in '06 except LSU was at home and they won it all. UGA doesn't have to play LSU or Bama this year. I guess sometimes it does pay to be Georgia.

TedSlimmJr
10-11-2011, 02:49 PM
Well FSU is ranked every now and then. Not like they used to be in the 90s though. As for the three West teams on the sched, it's just how the rotations go. Played the same 3 teams in '06 except LSU was at home and they won it all. UGA doesn't have to play LSU or Bama this year. I guess sometimes it does pay to be Georgia.

The home-and-home with FSU is the only OOC opponent Florida has played away from Gainesville since Namor was a freshman. G'ville to T'hasse is hardly a road trip.

LSU, Georgia, Bama, Tennessee, Arkansas, Auburn, etc... all travel to play ranked opponents on top of playing the brutal SEC schedules.

Foley has plenty of money available in the athletic department for gas and a hotel room... the Crocs need to step up and play somebody.

COphinphan89
10-11-2011, 03:07 PM
The home-and-home with FSU is the only OOC opponent Florida has played away from Gainesville since Namor was a freshman. G'ville to T'hasse is hardly a road trip.

LSU, Georgia, Bama, Tennessee, Arkansas, Auburn, etc... all travel to play ranked opponents on top of playing the brutal SEC schedules.

Foley has plenty of money available in the athletic department for gas and a hotel room... the Crocs need to step up and play somebody.
Does @Miami in 2013 count?

TedSlimmJr
10-11-2011, 03:12 PM
Does @Miami in 2013 count?

Not exactly...

Namor
10-20-2011, 07:49 PM
DEAD!!!!!....Why is this forum dead this year?

COphinphan89
10-22-2011, 09:55 PM
Rocky Flop

tylerdolphin
11-08-2011, 09:30 PM
You Bammers watching that special on ESPN about the Bama-Auburn rivalry?

TedSlimmJr
11-08-2011, 11:08 PM
Did we miss anything besides ESPN's attempt to make Auburn appear as Alabama's equal?

I suppose it may have been interesting to an outsider, but there's no way to understand the rivalry unless you live it.

I thought it was poorly done... they made some maniac fan from Texas who poisoned the Toomer's Trees as the official spokesperson and representative of the Alabama fanbase. It was told through the eyes of obnoxious Paul Finebaum callers from both sides (straightjacket Jim from Tuscaloosa, Tammy the mouth, etc.)

They could've done a lot more to bring such a rich and storied rivalry to the casual observer.

Basically, we're all a bunch of uneducated hicks on both sides who scream into a phone everyday to each other on Paul Finebaum's radio show.

The best way I can explain what the rivalry is really like is how it pertains to everyday life, and everybody in the state. The rivalry between Alabama and Auburn never ends. It's a 365 day a year event.... not just during football season, and not just the week of the Iron Bowl.

If two people happen to be mowing their lawns at the same time, and one is a Bama fan, the other an Auburn fan... you can bet your a** the Iron Bowl of lawn mowing is fixing to break out right then and there.

At the gas pump... at the grocery store... car wash... doesn't matter. It never stops.

Namor
11-09-2011, 11:25 AM
It was horrible...typical ESPN garbage...to one sided on a few idiots,instead
of showing the true passion..one thing to remember..this is a bitter,hard fought
rivalry...but there has never been a fight break out during a game.
Alot of schools can't say that.

COphinphan89
11-29-2011, 01:19 AM
Thought I'd share. One of my favorite college football traditions. Some hate it, I don't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICwdeEVC5Gk

TedSlimmJr
12-07-2011, 05:17 PM
Might as well put this year's Alabama defense at the very top of the list of the best defenses in college football in the past 30+ years. This defense is just about on par with Bama's '92 defense that was the best defense college football had seen in the past 30+ years.

Let's look at this 2011 Bama defense:

They rank 1st in scoring defense (7.0 PPG) *6.8 PPG in regulation. Gave up 3 points to LSU in overtime due to LSU getting the ball at Bama's 25 yardline*

1st in rushing defense (74.92 YPG)
2nd in YPC average (2.5 YPC)
1st in rushing TD's allowed (3 total)

1st in passing defense (116.3 YPG)
1st in QB rating against (83.94)
T-1st in passing TD's allowed (6 total)
1st in yards/attempt (4.4 YP/A)
1st in completion percentage against (48.3%)

1st in total defense (191.3 YPG)
1st in yards/play (3.39 YPP)
1st in 1st downs allowed/game (10.5 / game)
1st in total 1st downs allowed (126 total)

1st in opponents 3rd down conversion rate (25%)
1st in Red Zone scoring (58.82%)
1st in Red Zone TD % (35.29)

The stats speak for themselves. However, if you watch this defense play, it's the physicality and sheer dominance that opposing teams cannot match. They break the will of the opposition, much like Alabama's '92 defense, although the '92 defense was still better.

The Confessor
12-07-2011, 10:16 PM
Alabama, through no fault of their own (With the exception of hiring Satan) has become my second most hated team in collegiate football.

They have ZERO business being in the BCS (I know its not their fault, but its truth).

They sit on the couch the final game, don't win their conference or even their division, they already lost, at home to the team they are going to face, played a very weak schedule and yet......there they are.

College football, especially with all the rearanging daily, has become unwatchable...which is exactly what I will be doing the rest of the season... unwatching it lol

/rant, and my apologies for spamming your thread TSJ. Just couldnt hold back, and didnt see another thread appropriate

TedSlimmJr
12-08-2011, 09:48 AM
Alabama, through no fault of their own (With the exception of hiring Satan) has become my second most hated team in collegiate football.

They have ZERO business being in the BCS (I know its not their fault, but its truth).

They sit on the couch the final game, don't win their conference or even their division, they already lost, at home to the team they are going to face, played a very weak schedule and yet......there they are.

College football, especially with all the rearanging daily, has become unwatchable...which is exactly what I will be doing the rest of the season... unwatching it lol

/rant, and my apologies for spamming your thread TSJ. Just couldnt hold back, and didnt see another thread appropriate

Whether or not anyone 'hates' Alabama has nothing to do with the fact that they're right there with LSU as the two best teams in the country. All this rubbish you speak is flawed for several reasons..

1. Winning your conference has nothing to do with who should be playing for the national title, and until it does, it's nothing but sour grapes and envy directed towards Alabama, and the SEC in general for being the dominant conference. Michigan St. won their conference last year. Alabama finished 4th in the SEC and destroyed Michigan St. 49-7, and the only reason it was that close was because Bama was playing 3rd stringers in the 2nd half.

Until all conferences are playing a championship game, the 'win your conference' argument is dubious. It has nothing to do with who the best two teams are because all conferences are not equal. There's not a team in the country that would be conference champions if they played in the SEC West other than LSU. Period.

The 4th best team in the SEC (South Carolina) has already completely destroyed the ACC Champion (Clemson). Does Clemson belong in the BCS championship game? Again, the argument is nothing but a talking point with no backbone.

2. Alabama wasn't 'sitting on the couch in the final game'. They played the exact same number of games Oklahoma St. did. It only appears that Alabama was sitting on the couch because Okie Light had 2 bye weeks and the Big-12 scheduled Oklahoma vs. OSU in the last week of the season to give the exact perception that you've bought into. Why? Because they're not even playing a conference championship game because they don't even have enough teams.

The SEC has had to play the extra game (conference championship) for a decade while teams like Ohio St. and USC were getting into the BCS title game by..... 'sitting on the couch'. I don't remember hearing a single word about it.

Furthermore, winning your conference will NEVER be part of the equation in a BCS or playoff format for one reason. Notre Dame.

3. Alabama isn't the first team that's ever gotten into the championship game through other teams misfortunes, and won't be the last. Oklahoma St. lost to a 6-6 team. If Alabama had lost to Vanderbilt, nobody would be trying to put Alabama in the national championship.

4. There's no such thing as a weak schedule in the SEC. Alabama's OOC schedule was better than Oklahoma St.'s. Oklahoma St. has ZERO wins over a ranked opponent on the road. If you look strictly at the records of SEC teams Alabama played, their records are mediocre because they had to play the #1, #2, and #6 teams in the country.

Nobody will make the argument that Oklahoma St. can beat either one of LSU or Alabama and therefore deserves to be in the national championship game because they know they don't even believe it. They're only arguing completely irrelevant semantics (win your conference, I don't want to see a rematch, etc.) simply because it's Alabama and LSU. They know who the two best teams in the country are and it's not close.

The biggest giveaway that the BCS did it's job is that people are complaining.

Alabama deserves to be there, and they'll prove it in the Superdome in January.

TedSlimmJr
12-08-2011, 11:00 AM
"Auburn got run over by a freight train"..

I laughed 'til I cried... enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvTVfyWY788

Zerocool
01-09-2012, 05:15 AM
Geaux tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Les is more baby

COphinphan89
01-10-2012, 12:28 AM
Well, congrats folks. I would say wait for the AP Poll to come out, but I don't think there was any doubt left behind after tonight. Gotta be the most dominant defensive performance in a championship game I've ever seen.

chrisbaucom
01-10-2012, 12:32 AM
So....when do they play for a 3rd time?

CalDolFan10x14
01-10-2012, 12:33 AM
So....when do they play for a 3rd time?

And when do the other 1 loss teams get a chance....oh wait. :chuckle: