PDA

View Full Version : DO NOT spend money to see The American starring Clooney

Flip Tanneflop
09-05-2010, 11:48 PM
It takes 2 hours to talk to a preist, **** a prostitute, and make a gun.

As soon as you pay to see this movie, they should hand you a replica of the gun he makes in it so you can sit there and pretend to blow your ****ing brains out in the theater OK.

Easily the worst movie ever. Ever. EVER!!!!!!!! No kidding.

When they finished editing this thing, how the hell did they not just decide to pay the actors and be done with it. Why would they release this thing? I dont know how George Clooney didnt give his money back to not put this thing on the market and ruin his credibility.

The previews will have you believe he is some kind of spy and kicks a bunch of *** or something. He dosent. And I still dont know what he is in this movie. He made a kick *** gun for some lady. Thats it. What his actual secret job was supposed to be, I still dont know.

BobDole
09-06-2010, 12:00 AM
clooney ruined his reputation years ago after making batman and robin. i don't even know if he had any to begin with - he was booker on roseanne, after all.

i'm assuming the wife/gf wanted to see it. if not - shame on you WV. :lol:

i saw one a few weeks ago that might actually be the worst movie i've ever seen. ever heard of 'the box' with cameron diaz? hysterically horrid.

Myles Fynch
09-06-2010, 12:54 AM
clooney ruined his reputation years ago after making batman and robin. i don't even know if he had any to begin with - he was booker on roseanne, after all.

i saw one a few weeks ago that might actually be the worst movie i've ever seen. ever heard of 'the box' with cameron diaz? hysterically horrid.

I didn't know what "The Box" was about when people were talking about it, till I looked it up. It's actually based on a pretty good story I read a long time ago. I've never seen it transfer to tv/film well, though.

Saw that rancid Batman & Robin in the theater--had my arm twisted, believe me. I wish I had Clooney's gun for that one. Man, did that suck. Uma Thurman was ok as Poison Ivy, but the snickering between Robin & Batgirl... I'm not sure whether Robin's ***** was bigger than Batgirl's dick or vice versa. Crap fest.

BobDole
09-06-2010, 01:11 AM
I didn't know what "The Box" was about when people were talking about it, till I looked it up. It's actually based on a pretty good story I read a long time ago. I've never seen it transfer to tv/film well, though.

Saw that rancid Batman & Robin in the theater--had my arm twisted, believe me. I wish I had Clooney's gun for that one. Man, did that suck. Uma Thurman was ok as Poison Ivy, but the snickering between Robin & Batgirl... I'm not sure whether Robin's ***** was bigger than Batgirl's dick or vice versa. Crap fest.

the best was when their shoes all of a sudden turned into rocket powered roller skates at the drop of a hat - and some hockey-esque battle took place. and then didn't one of them escape in like some ship shaped like a dildo? right out of ace and gary with that one. funnah.

top 15 bad for me. see the box though myles - it's one of those that's so bad it's funny.

oh, and robin's gaping vag ftw. i hate that guy.

Flip Tanneflop
09-06-2010, 01:14 AM

Sadly, it was my call. Wife and I had an evening with no children in the house. We finished up some yard work and I said hey why dont we get a shower and go catch a movie after some dinner. It was total spur of the moment. Well, nothing was on that either of us really wanted to see, much less pay $30 to see(they really make a lot of ****ty movies these days) so I was like well I would see that movie, the previews looked OK.

Again, I thought he was going to be like a spy and kick a bunch of ***. Which btw, that really isnt my type of movie, but all 14 theaters were showing crap. This movie was bad beyond belief though. We shouldve went with the Will Ferrell cop comedy, but I had a bad feeling about it since it hasnt been out long and they moved it to only one showtime at my cinemas.

The previews were our favorite parts of the trip tonight. There is a comedy coming out with that dude from Hangover where he is in a mental hospital that looks funny as hell.

There is also a Deniro and Ed Norton film coming out that looks alright.

But, I told the wife yesterday when I saw the preview that we are going to see Gordon Gecko 2 when it starts in a few weeks. I was like, finally a movie that might be worth going to see after a summer full of pure **** on film.

BobDole
09-06-2010, 01:19 AM
Sadly, it was my call. Wife and I had an evening with no children in the house. We finished up some yard work and I said hey why dont we get a shower and go catch a movie after some dinner. It was total spur of the moment. Well, nothing was on that either of us really wanted to see, much less pay $30 to see(they really make a lot of ****ty movies these days) so I was like well I would see that movie, the previews looked OK.

Again, I thought he was going to be like a spy and kick a bunch of ***. Which btw, that really isnt my type of movie, but all 14 theaters were showing crap. This movie was bad beyond belief though. We shouldve went with the Will Ferrell cop comedy, but I had a bad feeling about it since it hasnt been out long and they moved it to only one showtime at my cinemas.

The previews were our favorite parts. There is a comedy coming out with that dude from Hangover where he is in a mental hospital that looks funny as hell.

There is also a Deniro and Ed Norton film coming out that looks alright.

But, I told the wife yesterday when I saw the preview that we are going to see Gordon Gecko 2 when it starts in a few weeks. I was like, finally a movie that might be worth going to see after a summer full of pure **** on film.

not a great summer overall. inception was amazing - best flick i've seen in a long time. i heard dinner for schmucks was funny as hell but haven't got a chance yet. i'd also give expendables a chance - i want to see if that much action blows my mind.

inception was well worth the insane money they make you pay at theaters now. highly recommend that one.

Gonzo
09-06-2010, 01:42 AM
That being said, Machete was awesome and Scott Pilgrim was awesome (though, be warned, the latter is not for everybody...but Machete is).

I was contemplating seeing this movie despite the reviews I read, but this review was the final straw. I'll go see either of the above again instead.

On a side note, I saw The Jerk tonight at the Alamo Drafthouse here with the screenwriter there for a Q&A after. They gave everybody Pizza-in-a-Cup with every ticket. Amazing.

BobDole
09-06-2010, 01:48 AM
machete was awesome? did not see that one coming. i'll go see that one in which case - movies like that are right up my alley.

i've heard such mixed things about scott pilgrim it isn't even funny. either amazing or eye gougingly bad. i'll check that one out too - i really like that winstead chick and you have good taste in flicks.

Nappy Roots
09-06-2010, 01:52 AM
Thank you for saving me $30, I owe you a beer. The previews looked decent for the American and I planned on seeing it this week

X-Pacolypse
09-06-2010, 01:17 PM

Yes, unfortunately I know the movie you speak of. 20 minutes into the movie I couldn't watch it anymore.

X-Pacolypse
09-06-2010, 01:21 PM
I thought the previews looked good, but I'll take your word for it and save my money. Machete looks like your typical "action, shoot em up" flick. I like Danny Trejo in supporting roles, I've just never been able to view him as a lead actor. Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, I saw the previews and that killed any interest that I could have possibly had in that movie.

SuavePhin
09-07-2010, 07:36 PM
I've heard the same about Scott Pilgram, it's either epic win or failure, i do agree with Inception though, fantastic movie.

Gonzo
09-07-2010, 09:12 PM
Scott Pilgrim definitely isn't for everybody. You will either love it or hate it. I'm a nerd, so I loved it. As for Machete, it's over-the-top ridiculous with boobs, but that's what I wanted. If you go in thinking it's going to be even a halfway serious action movie, you will be sorely disappointed.

d-day
09-08-2010, 03:01 AM
That being said, Machete was awesome and Scott Pilgrim was awesome (though, be warned, the latter is not for everybody...but Machete is).

I was contemplating seeing this movie despite the reviews I read, but this review was the final straw. I'll go see either of the above again instead.

On a side note, I saw The Jerk tonight at the Alamo Drafthouse here with the screenwriter there for a Q&A after. They gave everybody Pizza-in-a-Cup with every ticket. Amazing.

I heard that new pizza-in-a-cup is amazing. Drove the last pizza-in-a-cup guy out of business.

Gonzo
09-08-2010, 11:28 PM
I heard that new pizza-in-a-cup is amazing. Drove the last pizza-in-a-cup guy out of business.
Ah... It's a profit deal. Takes the pressure off. Get your weight guessed right here! Only a buck! Actual live weight guessing! Take a chance and win some crap!

d-day
09-08-2010, 11:35 PM
Ah... It's a profit deal. Takes the pressure off. Get your weight guessed right here! Only a buck! Actual live weight guessing! Take a chance and win some crap!

Words of wisdom, Lloyd... words of wisdom. Wait... I mean Lord loves a workin' man; don't trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it!

Gonzo
09-08-2010, 11:42 PM
Words of wisdom, Lloyd... words of wisdom. Wait... I mean Lord loves a workin' man; don't trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it!
Thanks d dash day. "I slit the sheet, the sheet I slit, and on the slitted sheet I sit." There. I've never been relaxed enough around anyone to say that.

d-day
09-08-2010, 11:48 PM
Thanks d dash day. "I slit the sheet, the sheet I slit, and on the slitted sheet I sit." There. I've never been relaxed enough around anyone to say that.

No, no, I always call a gang "she". It's like when you call a boat "she" or a hurricane "she". Or a girl. You can call a girl she. That's just one of the many things you can call a she.

Gonzo
09-08-2010, 11:54 PM
No, no, I always call a gang "she". It's like when you call a boat "she" or a hurricane "she". Or a girl. You can call a girl she. That's just one of the many things you can call a she. Well, just don't call that dog "lifesaver;" call him "****head."

d-day
09-08-2010, 11:57 PM
Well, just don't call that dog "lifesaver;" call him "****head."

You know, Gonzo, while you were posting that just now, I had the craziest fantasy that I could rise up and float right down the
end of this forum, right through here, through these threads, right along this post, and right up against your lips and give
you a kiss.

Gonzo
09-09-2010, 12:19 AM
You know, Gonzo, while you were posting that just now, I had the craziest fantasy that I could rise up and float right down the
end of this forum, right through here, through these threads, right along this post, and right up against your lips and give
you a kiss.I know we've only know each other 6 years, 6 months and four days, but to me it seems like 9 weeks and 5 days. The 1st day seemed like a week. And the 2nd day seemed like 5 days. And the 3rd day seemed like a week again. And the 4th day seemed like 8 days. But the 5th day, you went to see your mother, and that seemed just like as day. But then you came back, and later, on the 6th day in the evening when we saw each other, that started seeming like 2 days. So in the evening it seemed like 2 days spilling over into the next day, and that started seeming like 4 days. So at the end of the 6th day, on into the 7th day, that seemed like a total of 5 days. And the 6th day seemed like a week and a half. And the rest felt like 6 years, 4 months, 1 week, and 1 day.

d-day
09-09-2010, 12:34 AM
I know we've only know each other 6 years, 6 months and four days, but to me it seems like 9 weeks and 5 days. The 1st day seemed like a week. And the 2nd day seemed like 5 days. And the 3rd day seemed like a week again. And the 4th day seemed like 8 days. But the 5th day, you went to see your mother, and that seemed just like as day. But then you came back, and later, on the 6th day in the evening when we saw each other, that started seeming like 2 days. So in the evening it seemed like 2 days spilling over into the next day, and that started seeming like 4 days. So at the end of the 6th day, on into the 7th day, that seemed like a total of 5 days. And the 6th day seemed like a week and a half. And the rest felt like 6 years, 4 months, 1 week, and 1 day.

Next time you come over you can have anything in this general area right in here. Anything below the stereo and on this side of the bicentennial glasses. Anything between the ashtrays and the thimble. Anything in this three inches right in here in this area. That includes the Chiclets, but not the erasers. I remember the first time I went to your place I thought, "What a great place!" You know, you can tell so much about a person from the way they live. Just looking around there I could tell you're a genuinely dirty person.

Gonzo
09-09-2010, 12:38 AM
Next time you come over you can have anything in this general area right in here. Anything below the stereo and on this side of the bicentennial glasses. Anything between the ashtrays and the thimble. Anything in this three inches right in here in this area. That includes the Chiclets, but not the erasers. I remember the first time I went to your place I thought, "What a great place!" You know, you can tell so much about a person from the way they live. Just looking around there I could tell you're a genuinely dirty person.
d-day, I'd love you if you were the color of a baboon's pooper.

d-day
09-09-2010, 12:48 AM
d-day, I'd love you if you were the color of a baboon's pooper.

Gonzo, I really do want to kiss you, but I'm afraid. I don't want to get spit on me. - I wrote you something:

Dear Gonnnzz0, Rouuu here eeerrr I searrrr forward to tell mmmuuuhhhuuurrr to be...

ROADRUNNER
09-09-2010, 03:59 AM
I will watch it when it's free...............

SpurzN703
09-09-2010, 10:54 AM

I watched 'The Box' a month or so again. I wanted to run on the highway after watching it b/c it drove me insane.

Dogbone34
09-09-2010, 03:33 PM
I'm in the phone book!!

Locke
09-09-2010, 04:07 PM
The previews were our favorite parts of the trip tonight. There is a comedy coming out with that dude from Hangover where he is in a mental hospital that looks funny as hell.

Zach Galifinakis (sp?) came to the clinic I intern at to study the clients there for his role in that movie. Dude is one of the nicest guys I've met...

Locke
09-09-2010, 04:13 PM
I've heard the same about Scott Pilgram, it's either epic win or failure, i do agree with Inception though, fantastic movie.

If you're into video games, anime, punk/indie rock, and alternative lifestyles, you'll love it to death. If you're not into any of that, chances are you'll hate it...

BobDole
09-10-2010, 03:22 AM
I watched 'The Box' a month or so again. I wanted to run on the highway after watching it b/c it drove me insane.

a buddy and i watched it late night and hammered a few weeks ago. we could not stop laughing. it was like a spoof of itself. i've even watched it since sober - just to make sure we weren't just really drunk. nope.

CedarPhin
09-10-2010, 03:39 AM
Have you seen the one where Liam Neeson is the funeral director and the people that go in are like semi-dead? Strange, strange movie.

BobDole
09-10-2010, 03:41 AM
i have not. sounds interesting. kinda hate liam though.

CedarPhin
09-10-2010, 03:48 AM
His character is a really strange dude in it.