PDA

View Full Version : Revis and jets come to terms

KTOWNFINFAN
09-06-2010, 12:33 AM
Just annouced on Sports center that they have a deal in place. Biggest defensive deal in NFL history. He is on his way from FL to NY to sign tomorrow.

SRM
09-06-2010, 12:37 AM
Filed to ESPN: Jets and CB Darrelle Revis reach agreement in principle. Revis will fly to NY, sign contract and be on field next Monday nt.

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter

There it is..

Cloudy
09-06-2010, 12:37 AM
Wow , looks like the Jets front office gave in. Interesting......

moksha
09-06-2010, 12:38 AM
How come the Jets can pay everybody but we can't afford Vincent Jackson? To those who say the Jets will have nothing left... who cares, they've signed most of their good players (minus Harris) and their defense and oline are better than ours. Minus Marshall, their receivers are better than ours.

Ilovemyfins4eva
09-06-2010, 12:38 AM
bring it on jets. we beat you twice with revis, will beat you again twice with him.

KTOWNFINFAN
09-06-2010, 12:42 AM
bring it on jets. we beat you twice with revis, will beat you again twice with him.

I wished I had your confidence. This is NOT good news.

Ilovemyfins4eva
09-06-2010, 12:42 AM
we beat them twice with him, we can do it again. there qb is still mark sanchez.

KTOWNFINFAN
09-06-2010, 12:44 AM
Can't believe I beat you guys to this. First time EVER I got to break some news on THIS site. Most of the time you guys have it up and posted before I can type it up. Guess everyone went to sleep early tonight. YEAAAAA me, do I get a doggie biscut or something?

hooshoops
09-06-2010, 12:46 AM
oh ****...just what the doctor ordered against brandon marshall

tony0021
09-06-2010, 12:46 AM
[QUOTE=moksha;1063546440]How come the Jets can pay everybody but we can't afford Vincent Jackson? To those who say the Jets will have nothing left... who cares, they've signed most of their good players (minus Harris) and their defense and oline are better than ours. Minus Marshall, their receivers are better than ours.[/QUOTE

you sir, need to take your opinions, put them in a bag and throw it away.

Ilovemyfins4eva
09-06-2010, 12:47 AM
I wished I had your confidence. This is NOT good news.
ya i am alittle pissed, but guess what? at the end of the day, he is one person[ obviously very important] but he can only cover 1 guy, he is human after all.

there have been plenty of very good cbs in the nfl whose teams have won ****, like bailey, nhamdi, etc,. other people for them will have to step up.

u gotta remember, as im sure you do, the jets only finished 9-7 last year even with him, and shouldve been 8-8 really.

will see wat happens. give us the jets at full strength, as long as sanchez is qb of the team, we will be fine. also, they still got no pass rush whatsoever, and now the revis has this ''monumental'' contract, who knows if his play can drop a bit.

i say once again, BRING IT ON JETS,WE ARE READY FOR YOU GUYS.

tony0021
09-06-2010, 12:48 AM
How come the Jets can pay everybody but we can't afford Vincent Jackson? To those who say the Jets will have nothing left... who cares, they've signed most of their good players (minus Harris) and their defense and oline are better than ours. Minus Marshall, their receivers are better than ours.

you sir, need to take your opinions, put them in a bag and throw it away.

WVDolphan
09-06-2010, 12:48 AM
Line em up.....bring em on. Lets ****in go!!!!

johngarry
09-06-2010, 12:52 AM
fuhgetaboudit

Ricky4Life
09-06-2010, 12:55 AM
I would rather beat them at their best so they have no excuses.

SRM
09-06-2010, 12:55 AM
I agree. Plus, it was going to happen sooner or later. I just couldn't forsee someone holding out a year nowadays, especially when there is a chance for a lockout next season. He could have ended up not playing in the NFL for two years along with not even getting the deal he wanted.

jospec11
09-06-2010, 12:56 AM
Good for them.......i say bring in it on. Hopefully Vontae keeps getting better, Maybe we have our Own Stud Corner!!!!

Harry Csonka
09-06-2010, 12:58 AM
Good now they can't use that excuse when we sweep them again.

Ilovemyfins4eva
09-06-2010, 01:00 AM
as long as sanchez is still there qb, they r no threat to us.

tony0021
09-06-2010, 01:00 AM
you guys need to get your heads out of your ***** if you think revis possess a threat. he's not even a complete CB and wont match up against Marshall. i hope you guys know that we have a WAY better running game than the jets. plus on top of that, much better coaching.

daisey
09-06-2010, 01:04 AM
Delusional

HeartbreakKid28
09-06-2010, 01:07 AM
I called it. I said they would sign a contract right before the season started, letting all the drama play out on Hard Knocks so more people would tune in. I don't think that's why Revis did it, but I believe that's why the Jets weren't in any rush. It's not like he desperately needed the preseason, he has talent, he didn't need to play, so the Jets just waited until right before the season.

Ricky4Life
09-06-2010, 01:07 AM
Marshall has his passport and his bags packed. He is going to run all over that island.

SRM
09-06-2010, 01:09 AM
Hope Revis has fun on vacation at Beast Beach for two weeks this year. He'll leave burned all over.

67Stang
09-06-2010, 01:12 AM
I don't wish bad on anyone, but I just feel a Murphy's Law here. I think he will get hurt with in the first 3 weeks. He has missed some time! Remember you heard it here first!

tony0021
09-06-2010, 01:12 AM
Delusional

negative

Myles Fynch
09-06-2010, 01:19 AM
I don't wish bad on anyone, but I just feel a Murphy's Law here. I think he will get hurt with in the first 3 weeks. He has missed some time! Remember you heard it here first!

Well you beat me by a few then. How many clowns have we seen hold out and they come back and pop. You can work out, you can run up the art museum steps like friggin' Rocky Balboa, but you can't imitate camp. And now you're leaping right into a game situation.

I hate the ****ing jets, but I will find a way to hate them some ****ing more if they caved.

PhinsPhan11
09-06-2010, 01:19 AM
I think we all knew this was going to happen. Sooner or later the Jets FO would back down because he means to much to that team.

Adam First
09-06-2010, 01:21 AM
Hard Knocks has a happy ending to show this Wednesday night. Not big surprise.

BobDole
09-06-2010, 01:25 AM
this was just a matter of time. i was on the jet's side with the controversy but if the best corner in football wants to get paid - you pay him or watch him go rape other teams' best receivers.

pacresjt
09-06-2010, 01:28 AM
Was anybody really convinced he wasn't going to sign. Wow! Funny stuff.

hemidemon
09-06-2010, 01:29 AM
This is a nonissue. We're gonna beat the Jets reguardless.

Gonzo
09-06-2010, 01:38 AM
I called it. I said they would sign a contract right before the season started, letting all the drama play out on Hard Knocks so more people would tune in. I don't think that's why Revis did it, but I believe that's why the Jets weren't in any rush. It's not like he desperately needed the preseason, he has talent, he didn't need to play, so the Jets just waited until right before the season.
It's hard not to connect the signing with the show. It's just in time for the final episode.

Either way, **** the jests.

09-06-2010, 01:41 AM

If you honestly think that Hard Knocks had any implications on the timing of this deal then I feel bad for you.

How about that Revis has a game a week from today?

Phinastotle
09-06-2010, 01:43 AM
Revis held out for a 4 year 46 mil deal... 32 guaranteed? What was the point in holding out? IMO he would have got that deal weeks ago if he would've went to camp.

DOLFAN_51
09-06-2010, 01:43 AM
The Jets suck. Why does everyone believe they are so good? Because they say they are. Grow some balls and have an original opinion. They barely made the playoffs last year. Was Revis the best CB in football before sexy Rex blew into town with his overly aggressive defense. Revis is really good don't get me wrong, but he doesn't deserve to be labeled better than Woodson or Nahmdi yet. IMO. Very few players labeled "the best CB in football" have been able to sustain that label for very long.

Gonzo
09-06-2010, 01:45 AM
If you honestly think that Hard Knocks had any implications on the timing of this deal then I feel bad for you.

How about that Revis has a game a week from today?
I feel bad for you. This is a business, and it relies on marketing as much as any. This is a great story for all involved, including Revis. There is no doubt there's a correlation. I don't blame either side, I think it's brilliant.

Still, **** the jests.

sinPHIN
09-06-2010, 01:46 AM
Wow people Actually didn't think this was going to happen. To be the best we have to beat good teams revis makes them better. Bring it on!

Patrick_Bateman
09-06-2010, 01:48 AM
you guys need to get your heads out of your ***** if you think revis possess a threat. he's not even a complete CB and wont match up against Marshall. i hope you guys know that we have a WAY better running game than the jets. plus on top of that, much better coaching.

Are you retarded? How old are you? Have you ever played football? How long have you been watching football? If you SERIOUSLY think Revis is not a complete corner jesus H you might be the worst homer I've ever come across, EVER! His signing isn't the end, however beating the jets got a little bit more difficult, K Thanks!

09-06-2010, 01:49 AM
I feel bad for you. This is a business, and it relies on marketing as much as any. This is a great story for all involved, including Revis. There is no doubt there's a correlation. I don't blame either side, I think it's brilliant.

Still, **** the jests.

I'm sorry, but there is no way they deliberately pushed back the signing JUST for the TV show. NFL teams except maybe the Raiders just would not do something that stupid.

DisturbedShifty
09-06-2010, 01:55 AM
Wow , looks like the Jets front office gave in. Interesting......
Yeah. To me that says they thought they were screwed without him. They had better hope he stays healthy.

The Jets can afford it because it is an uncapped year. The Dolphins have a self-imposed cap set, so that is why we, and a good chuck of the league, have not gone on a spending spree. Depending on how big the Revis deal is, it could hurt them down the line if if the NFL and NFLPA come to terms on a new CBA.

As for "those who say the Jets will have nothing left", what are you referring too? The Jets are a threat, plain and simple. If anyone looks this team over they deserve to get beat.

Patrick_Bateman
09-06-2010, 02:00 AM
Look we can still beat them with him, its just more difficult. But when posters on this board try to deny this guys talent, or pretend that we're just gonna steamroll them, well its gonna be a dogfight, both games so get ready.

Fin_Frenzy_84
09-06-2010, 02:03 AM
Somewhere in Florida Marshall is smiling!!!

HeartbreakKid28
09-06-2010, 02:09 AM
Don't feel bad for me, nothing they do shocks me or anyone. I didn't say it was the sole reason, but yeah I think it was a factor. They like the attention. Rex Ryan loves making headlines. The fact the signing is announced around midnight on Monday, the real start of the first week of the NFL season and with the season finale of Hard Knocks makes you think it was partly a reason. It's not like Revis was going anywhere, and he didn't need to play in the pre-season.

I'm not hating on the Jets liking the media attention, it's not like they are shy about it. If you do a reality show you can't be shy about it. It's just funny that I said like 3 weeks to a month ago that they would probably announce that a deal was made right before the first game and that it would be a focal point of Hard Knocks...and both of those things happened. It seemed kind of predictable.

Clipse
09-06-2010, 02:14 AM

The signing of Revis guarantees they won't be able to resign Holmes, Edwards, and Cromartie. So the thought that there WR corp is better than ours is laughable. They still have to pay David Harris, who knows if they can afford it. The Jets are in cap hell, and you want to be a part of that? Wow, what a fan you are.

Clipse
09-06-2010, 02:16 AM
As for Revis. Jets gave in, no surprise. They need Revis, and they knew it. Not surprising that it came right before their last episode of Hard Knocks either.

Gonzo
09-06-2010, 02:38 AM
I'm sorry, but there is no way they deliberately pushed back the signing JUST for the TV show. NFL teams except maybe the Raiders just would not do something that stupid.
I never said it was just for the TV show. There's little doubt the show had something to do with the timing though. I never bought the idea that he would sit out the entire season. The situation was completely different than that of his uncle's. Him sitting out benefited nobody. He was going to sign, and it was going to be later in the TC rather than sooner. The fact is, Revis is coming out as one of the major personalities of the NFL, one of those guys that will be a star even after his skills fade.

This week's HK will start with the uncertainty of him signing, despite all the talk about the money they had to set aside for the inevitable signing. They'll make it seem like dire straits, Revis won't be back. What do we do?! Tense theme music. Then...suddenly...a phone call, tension building theme music. Cue Revis walking through the hall towards the lockerroom. It'll be that or everybody practicing, then stopping to comment on Revis showing up (except for Sanchez, who will be making out with the waterboy in the corner). Suddenly an uninspiring practice gets a motivational boost. The hits get harder. Cue hope.

Scene.

Hopefully the commentary on the DVD's will be a drunken, overrated Namath. Not that I'll ever know.

emeraldfin
09-06-2010, 04:57 AM
Was bound to happen. Noway he was sitting out any part of the season.

I personally would have loved if he missed the game against us, you take any advantage over the opposition you can get.

Jet Offensive
09-06-2010, 07:22 AM
you guys who think revis and the jets orchestrated this for hard knocks are being silly. unless revis is allowed to keep all the money he was fined i just don't see how he would do this for a tv show he wasn't even involved in the majority of.

Johnny O
09-06-2010, 07:29 AM
Hell yeah!!! Whats the plan here anyway. Beat teams backups and sneak into the playoffs??? Sounds like the 2009 Jets.

Jet Offensive
09-06-2010, 07:44 AM
The signing of Revis guarantees they won't be able to resign Holmes, Edwards, and Cromartie. So the thought that there WR corp is better than ours is laughable. They still have to pay David Harris, who knows if they can afford it. The Jets are in cap hell, and you want to be a part of that? Wow, what a fan you are.

can you support this with numbers please? because otherwise you are just blowing smoke. you have no idea what the jets cap figures are....tannenbaum, if anything, is a cap management guru. we may not keep both edwards and holmes...but i can say for sure that this year our receiving corps is better than yours. and on defense it's no contest. without revis we were still going to be very good. ad for the guy who said your running game is so much better than ours.....that remains to be seen but greene and tomlinson have been looking very good. i don't get all the fans here who just think you're going to see the dolphins hand the jets ***** to them and that it's basically 2 gimme wins. i'm all for confidence but let's not be foolish. i truly can't wait for the season.

nyjunc
09-06-2010, 07:45 AM
we beat them twice with him, we can do it again. there qb is still mark sanchez.

You keep posting this but what does this mean exactly? We have beaten you 3 times w/ revis does that mean we'll beat you again?

Clipse
09-06-2010, 08:01 AM
can you support this with numbers please? because otherwise you are just blowing smoke. you have no idea what the jets cap figures are....tannenbaum, if anything, is a cap management guru. we may not keep both edwards and holmes...but i can say for sure that this year our receiving corps is better than yours. and on defense it's no contest. without revis we were still going to be very good. ad for the guy who said your running game is so much better than ours.....that remains to be seen but greene and tomlinson have been looking very good. i don't get all the fans here who just think you're going to see the dolphins hand the jets ***** to them and that it's basically 2 gimme wins. i'm all for confidence but let's not be foolish. i truly can't wait for the season.

Even without Revis you were going to be very good? Jets weren't a very good team last year with Revis. Weren't a good team. Weren't even an average team. Obviously that's not going to change with the overrated offseason you had. Your WR corp is most certainly not better than ours. Brandon Marshall is miles better than Holmes. Bess is equal to Cotchery. Hartline will prove to be better than Edwards in no time, not really a shocker though, Edwards blows, has his whole career with the exception of 1 season. Not that it really matters though, you have Mark Sanchez throwing the ball. I can;t wait for the season either. SOJ of epic proportions while the Patriots and Dolphins cruise ahead of the Jets.

As for the cap figures. Not rocket science. Ferguson, Revis, Mangold, and soon to be Harris. You're about to be ****ed when the cap comes back. Acknowledge it and get over it. Edwards, Holmes, and Cromartie are rentals, nothing more.

nyjunc
09-06-2010, 08:10 AM

We get the rivalry and all that but whether you think he was slong for the ride or an important piece he was the QB of a team that was pretty dman close to the Super Bowl so it's asinine to say we aren't a threat to you guys w/ Sanchez as our QB. We are a threat to every team w/ him as our QB.

Was anybody really convinced he wasn't going to sign. Wow! Funny stuff.

No but I can't blame any non-Jet fans for being giddy at the thought that Revis would sit out the season. Alot of people on here pretend to be super confident in Marshall against revis but they never wanted Revis to come back to see what would would happen b/c they know how great Revis is.

Revis held out for a 4 year 46 mil deal... 32 guaranteed? What was the point in holding out? IMO he would have got that deal weeks ago if he would've went to camp.

He would have gotten most of that guaranteed money but AFTER this season when the Jets would have guaranteed the final 2 years. he didn't want to play w/o the guaranteed money this year in case he got hurt. i would guess they could have gotten this done months ago but w/ the first game a week away it put pressure on both sides to get this done now.

Yeah. To me that says they thought they were screwed without him. They had better hope he stays healthy.

The Jets can afford it because it is an uncapped year. The Dolphins have a self-imposed cap set, so that is why we, and a good chuck of the league, have not gone on a spending spree. Depending on how big the Revis deal is, it could hurt them down the line if if the NFL and NFLPA come to terms on a new CBA.

As for "those who say the Jets will have nothing left", what are you referring too? The Jets are a threat, plain and simple. If anyone looks this team over they deserve to get beat.

The Jets have went about their business w/ the cap coming back in mind and our team has been extremely cheap this offseason. You guys have spent a heck of alot more than we have. Heck, we just cut Tony Richardson over pennies(in NFL terms).

nyjunc
09-06-2010, 08:16 AM

It doesn't guarantee anything, we essentially get revis for a 4th year for another $10 mil guaranteed.

We likely won't be able to re-sign all those guys bit that was the plan going in. We get at least one of the WRs long term and we have Kyle Wilson ready to step in once Cromartie leaves. The idea is that all 3 will play great and earn big contracts so we wouldn't be able to afford all 3 whether we signed Revis or not.

Even without Revis you were going to be very good? Jets weren't a very good team last year with Revis. Weren't a good team. Weren't even an average team. Obviously that's not going to change with the overrated offseason you had. Your WR corp is most certainly not better than ours. Brandon Marshall is miles better than Holmes. Bess is equal to Cotchery. Hartline will prove to be better than Edwards in no time, not really a shocker though, Edwards blows, has his whole career with the exception of 1 season. Not that it really matters though, you have Mark Sanchez throwing the ball. I can;t wait for the season either. SOJ of epic proportions while the Patriots and Dolphins cruise ahead of the Jets.

As for the cap figures. Not rocket science. Ferguson, Revis, Mangold, and soon to be Harris. You're about to be ****ed when the cap comes back. Acknowledge it and get over it. Edwards, Holmes, and Cromartie are rentals, nothing more.

You are so delusional. We were less than 30 minutes from the SB, put aside your hatred of us for a minute.

Bess is nowhere bnear as good as Cotch and our WR corps for this year is vatly superior to yours. You have the best but we have #s 2-4 and it could be 5 if you add keller as a receiver.

We have a cap guru running the show. Fortunately and unfortunately when you draft great players you eventuall have to pay them, someday when Long is up for a new deal you'll understand.

Tannenbaum doesn't put us in cap hell the way Parcells did when he left. Tannenbaum got us out of cap hell after BP left. The entire point of not paying revis what he wanted was to protect the cap. Neither Revis, mangold or Ferguson got insane deals. I love the smell of fear.

erasmus
09-06-2010, 08:18 AM
This is a nonissue. We're gonna beat the Jets reguardless.

Guard less...was that a pun?

Clipse
09-06-2010, 08:22 AM
It doesn't guarantee anything, we essentially get revis for a 4th year for another $10 mil guaranteed.

We likely won't be able to re-sign all those guys bit that was the plan going in. We get at least one of the WRs long term and we have Kyle Wilson ready to step in once Cromartie leaves. The idea is that all 3 will play great and earn big contracts so we wouldn't be able to afford all 3 whether we signed Revis or not.

You are so delusional. We were less than 30 minutes from the SB, put aside your hatred of us for a minute.

Bess is nowhere bnear as good as Cotch and our WR corps for this year is vatly superior to yours. You have the best but we have #s 2-4 and it could be 5 if you add keller as a receiver.

We have a cap guru running the show. Fortunately and unfortunately when you draft great players you eventuall have to pay them, someday when Long is up for a new deal you'll understand.

Tannenbaum doesn't put us in cap hell the way Parcells did when he left. Tannenbaum got us out of cap hell after BP left. The entire point of not paying revis what he wanted was to protect the cap. Neither Revis, mangold or Ferguson got insane deals. I love the smell of fear.

Yes, I'm the delusional one. Spin it anyway you want to, the Jets were an average at best team in the regular season last year. They caught 3 lucky breaks, 2 in the regular season, one in the post season. And this was with Revis. The Jets haven't improved much in the offseason. Certainly not enough to jump from below average, to very good. How about you put your money where your mouth is? A sig bet would be great with me.

MarshallFin1
09-06-2010, 08:26 AM

LOL u had no chance vs the colts, u got tortured.

Jet Offensive
09-06-2010, 08:31 AM

this post is laughable. weren't even an average team huh? the jets only boasted the number 1 running game, the number 1 defense and made it to the afc championship game. you're right....that does sound pretty below average to me. your entire post is opinion with not one bit of actual fact to support your claims. or maybe i shoudl just sit back and say...damn this r&r express guy says the jets are ****ed........we have no chance.

Jet Offensive
09-06-2010, 08:33 AM
Yes, I'm the delusional one. Spin it anyway you want to, the Jets were an average at best team in the regular season last year. They caught 3 lucky breaks, 2 in the regular season, one in the post season. And this was with Revis. The Jets haven't improved much in the offseason. Certainly not enough to jump from below average, to very good. How about you put your money where your mouth is? A sig bet would be great with me.

we haven't improved? lol how do you figure? our secondary is vastly improved. our runningbacks are improved. our receivers are improved. i mean seriously....do you actually believe this garbage you are posting?

DisturbedShifty
09-06-2010, 08:37 AM

Sweet sig ;).

On topic, we shall see if Tennbaum (sorry about the spelling) is the cap guru that you think he is. It's easy to be a guru when you don't know what the cap is going to be after this year. Good chance it will be higher, but there is no guarantee.

I forgot to say it earlier, congrats on signing Revis. I still hate the Jets, but congrats.

FinFan84
09-06-2010, 08:44 AM

Youy are delusional, my friend. Did you not see how you 'made' the play-offs, the Colts quit. You should never have been there,a nd then your boy Nate Kaeding comes thru for you.

Anyway, what I really wanna know is how do you figure Crotch is miles better then Bess? It surley isnt based on numbers, go look at them. Must be your unbiased opinion, to say he is miles better is absurd. Marshall is miles and miles better than anyone you got. Holmes is solid, that was a good move. I would much prefer the Phins WRs.

Jet Offensive
09-06-2010, 08:44 AM
Sweet sig ;).

On topic, we shall see if Tennbaum (sorry about the spelling) is the cap guru that you think he is. It's easy to be a guru when you don't know what the cap is going to be after this year. Good chance it will be higher, but there is no guarantee.

I forgot to say it earlier, congrats on signing Revis. I still hate the Jets, but congrats.

he's been doing it so far. now i'm not delusional and think he can keep everyone of these guys. good chance that out of holmes, edwards and cromartie...at least one of them will not be here next year. and possibly 2 out of 3. it all depends on what happens from now till then. otherwise, thnx. i'm happy he's back. we are going to have to be at full strength to be bale to compete in this deep division imo. between the pats, fins and jets, imo, there are 3 teams that can win the division and it won't be easy.

Clipse
09-06-2010, 08:45 AM
we haven't improved? lol how do you figure? our secondary is vastly improved. our runningbacks are improved. our receivers are improved. i mean seriously....do you actually believe this garbage you are posting?

Getting rid of Jones and Washington for a washed up LT is not an improvement. Cromartie blows. Has his whole career with the exception of one season, much like Edwards. I'll give you improvement at WR, though that's not going to last long as Edwards and Holmes are as good as gone. And as I stated before, it really doesn't matter because Sanchez is terrible.

FinFan84
09-06-2010, 08:48 AM

RB improved, what world is this in? Jones had a great year for you guys, no? LT is washed up, did you see him the last 2 years, pre season is meaningless. Greene looks good, but you will be lucky if he has the year Jones did last year. And McKnight LOL, he cant shine Leon Washingtons shoes. You really beleive you have a better runnung game, seriously??? come on now reallly?

FinsFanLuke
09-06-2010, 08:50 AM
I think the Jets will regret cutting Richardson. Not that he's the difference maker but he really was a valuable part of the offense.

Clipse
09-06-2010, 08:51 AM
RB improved, what world is this in? Jones had a great year for you guys, no? LT is washed up, did you see him the last 2 years, pre season is meaningless. Greene looks good, but you will be lucky if he has the year Jones did last year. And McKnight LOL, he cant shine Leon Washingtons shoes. You really beleive you have a better runnung game, seriously??? come on now reallly?

Hell they'll be lucky if Greene can play a full 16 game season. Joe KcKnight blows. Tried to tell Jets fans that awhile ago. Was never impressed with him at USC.

Jet Offensive
09-06-2010, 08:51 AM
Getting rid of Jones and Washington for a washed up LT is not an improvement. Cromartie blows. Has his whole career with the exception of one season, much like Edwards. I'll give you improvement at WR, though that's not going to last long as Edwards and Holmes are as good as gone. And as I stated before, it really doesn't matter because Sanchez is terrible.

lol first of all LT doesn't look washed up. he may not be 200^ LT but he is an improvement over jones. we didnt have washington last year anyway so thats pretty much a moot point. he got seriously injured and thats that. but jones is not better than tomlinson. greene and tomlinson> jones and greene and you will see that very soon. and this is from watching tomlinson all preseason....the guy looks pretty damn good. cromartie>>>>>>>>sheppard and we have a kid named wilson as our number 3 who's been impressive as well. you're a funny guy. just because you hate the jets, it doesn't make their players suck.

Clipse
09-06-2010, 08:53 AM
I think the Jets will regret cutting Richardson. Not that he's the difference maker but he really was a valuable part of the offense.

I actually like Connor a lot as a blocker. Richardson is overrated at this point in his career.

dolpns13
09-06-2010, 08:54 AM
They will have to release half of these players next season.. we are building for the future, they are building for the now - which never works

Clipse
lol first of all LT doesn't look washed up. he may not be 200^ LT but he is an improvement over jones. we didnt have washington last year anyway so thats pretty much a moot point. he got seriously injured and thats that. but jones is not better than tomlinson. greene and tomlinson> jones and greene and you will see that very soon. and this is from watching tomlinson all preseason....the guy looks pretty damn good. cromartie>>>>>>>>sheppard and we have a kid named wilson as our number 3 who's been impressive as well. you're a funny guy. just because you hate the jets, it doesn't make their players suck.

Basing your statements on preseason tells me all I need to know, thanks.

DisturbedShifty
What are you talking about, you guys had him for all the regular season and was your primary rusher.
Correction, had him for half the season. Either way that guy was instrumental to your run game.

Jet Offensive
LT has much more burst, tackle breaking ability and just all around talent than jones has. jones is a solid rb, nothing more.

Jet Offensive
09-06-2010, 08:55 AM
we had leon washingotn for all the regular season and he was our primary rusher? i guess this conversation is over because you don't know what you are talking about

Jet Offensive
09-06-2010, 08:57 AM
Basing your statements on preseason tells me all I need to know, thanks.

lol...whatever dude. LT looks fast with elusiveness and power. keep hating it's cool.

Clipse
09-06-2010, 08:58 AM
LT has much more burst, tackle breaking ability and just all around talent than jones has. jones is a solid rb, nothing more.

Yep. Sure proved that the last 2 years with his whopping 3.55 YPC average the last 2 seasons.

Jet Offensive
09-06-2010, 08:59 AM
They will have to release half of these players next season.. we are building for the future, they are building for the now - which never works

yep you're right...the jets are going tohave to release half the team next year, lol. do you honestly believe that? and that building fr the future thing is something you say when you dont think your team is ready yet. jets fans have been saying that crap for years.

---------- Post added at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 AM ----------

Yep. Sure proved that the last 2 years with his whopping 3.55 YPC average the last 2 seasons.

guess it's his fault sproles looked like crap last year too.

Clipse
09-06-2010, 09:00 AM
lol...whatever dude. LT looks fast with elusiveness and power. keep hating it's cool.

Of course he does. After all it is preseason. Come back when he looks fast with elusiveness and power in the regular season. Kthx.

DisturbedShifty
09-06-2010, 09:00 AM
yep you're right...the jets are going tohave to release half the team next year, lol. do you honestly believe that? and that building fr the future thing is something you say when you dont think your team is ready yet. jets fans have been saying that crap for years.

---------- Post added at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 AM ----------

Actually, every team will be letting go of ALL their players next year... At least as it stands right now they will be.

Clipse
09-06-2010, 09:01 AM

And Sproles has what to with this conversation again? Nothing? Thought so.

FinFan84
09-06-2010, 09:01 AM

LT looks extremely washed up. Pre season means nothing. If you think pre season means so much, how can you be confident , Sanchez has looked terrible, you cant have it both ways. Your offense has been brutal, so hey that preseason is always accurate ! Jets are in for a long year, and sanchez is a bust.

Jet Offensive
09-06-2010, 09:03 AM
Of course he does. After all it is preseason. Come back when he looks fast with elusiveness and power in the regular season. Kthx.

if he was doing it against other teams number 2's and 3's i might agree with you. but he was doing it agaisnt the other teams number 1's. now i dont think he can put a team on his back anymore and carry them. too many miles. but he can be a very productive lesser piece of a rb tandem. and he's still a premier receiver out of the backfield. my guess....you guys won't be happy that LT is a jet by mid-point this year.

Clipse
09-06-2010, 09:04 AM
were not worried about you...we got bigger fish to fry...

I'm sure you do. Enjoy getting embarrassed week 1 by a real team on national television.

---------- Post added at 09:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 AM ----------

if he was doing it against other teams number 2's and 3's i might agree with you. but he was doing it agaisnt the other teams number 1's. now i dont think he can put a team on his back anymore and carry them. too many miles. but he can be a very productive lesser piece of a rb tandem. and he's still a premier receiver out of the backfield. my guess....you guys won't be happy that LT is a jet by mid-point this year.

I'll be happy that he's a Jet and Jones/Washington aren't. Though I don't expect a big year out of Jones.

mikethewreck
09-06-2010, 09:05 AM
What would concern me as a Jet fan about the Revis deal:
- Why didn't they get this done last month? Looks to me like Revis pulled a Farve and didn't want no training camp.
- Revis held the cards. As much as the Jests talked tough their Super Bowl dreams need #24 to have a chance to come true. Sooner or later they were gonna fold.
- I echo the injury comment. Too many times in my life I have seen the big holdout lead to the big injury. I don't wish it on Revis (well, maybe a little bit), but if it happens, not surprised.

bradmcnutt13
09-06-2010, 09:06 AM
Not to mention they don't have Holmes for the first 4 games.

DisturbedShifty
09-06-2010, 09:08 AM

Not according to your coach. The Dolphins have been on his mind since last year. You as a fan might not think we a re a threat, but as I have stated numorus times. Any team that over looks another team in the NFL deserves to be beaten.

Jet Offensive
09-06-2010, 09:08 AM
LT looks extremely washed up. Pre season means nothing. If you think pre season means so much, how can you be confident , Sanchez has looked terrible, you cant have it both ways. Your offense has been brutal, so hey that preseason is always accurate ! Jets are in for a long year, and sanchez is a bust.

sanchez has looked inconsistent. at time he's looke dgood and at times he's looked like ****. i am concerned about it actually. all he has to do is be better than he was last year. he doesn't have to put the team on his back and carry them.....which is a good thing because he's nowhere near ready to do that. the jets will rely mostly on their runninggame and defense. sanchez won't throw it too much more than he did last year. at least thats what i believe will happen. hopefully he progresses and by mid-point this year the offense opens it up a bit.

ROADRUNNER
09-06-2010, 09:11 AM
Oh have i missed all the fun...............

FinFan84
09-06-2010, 09:12 AM
WOW....come on dude. I'm all for Jet/Dolphins **** talking and hate but LT looks far from washed up. I agree its only pre season who know how he'll look after Wek 7 or 8 but he does not look washed up. He certainly no longer a feature back but washed up?? You guys cant sit here and say that "even though LT has looked good its only preseason who cares" then at the same time rave about how good Henne has looked.

We got Revis back...Im pumped but as people have stated before the Jets are only to going to go as far as Sanchez takes them...plain and simple. If you look at last year he/our offense probably lost us at least 3 games by themselves. Teams are still going to play us the same. Stack the box and make Sanchez beat them. IMO he has looked like complete dog **** this preseason. I still have zero confidence that he can take us down for a TD in the last minute or so of a game for the win. Our O is going to look alot like last years...run, run, run and let him throw no mor3e than 20 - 25 times a game. But then I worry about keeping Holmes and Edwards happy.

I dont know what board you are on, but not many people are raving about Henne. Alot want Pennington to start. And do you honsetly think your runnung game will be better than last season?

mindstate
09-06-2010, 09:15 AM
The fact that such a reasonable, non-earth shattering deal was struck kinda frustrates me that they couldn't have gotten this done earlier.

But ultimately a good deal for both sides. Mangold, Brick and Revis signed in one offseason, not bad at all.

dolpns13
09-06-2010, 09:15 AM
lol first of all LT doesn't look washed up. he may not be 200^ LT but he is an improvement over jones. we didnt have washington last year anyway so thats pretty much a moot point. he got seriously injured and thats that. but jones is not better than tomlinson. greene and tomlinson> jones and greene and you will see that very soon. and this is from watching tomlinson all preseason....the guy looks pretty damn good. cromartie>>>>>>>>sheppard and we have a kid named wilson as our number 3 who's been impressive as well. you're a funny guy. just because you hate the jets, it doesn't make their players suck.an upgaqrde over jones? It makes me so so so happy you think that, as you will be so disappointed

Jet Offensive
09-06-2010, 09:16 AM
I dont know what board you are on, but not many people are raving about Henne. Alot want Pennington to start. And do you honsetly think your runnung game will be better than last season?

if they stay healthy...then yes. there is a reason jones was benched late last year.

Ilovemyfins4eva
09-06-2010, 09:16 AM
don't you think that if Lt still was really good the chargers would've let him go? if hes as good as Ur making him out to be still, why didn't the chargers just sign him for 1 more year on the cheap and he could've split carries like hes gonna be doing in NY anyways?

they let him go because he is ****in washed up as anyone. maybe he will get his tds, but it does not take a great rb to run the ball in from the 2 yd line on 3 tries and score.

anyways, since this is a revis thread, about revis, u guys were 9-7* last year. very average team. that's it. AVERAGE.

don't spew us this nonsense how u made the AFC championship, BC u shouldn't have been there to begin with if not given the opportunity by the colts in week 16, which they proved in the AFC championship game that they had given u the game BC they whooped Ur *****.[ yes i no u guys had the lead at halftime, but they still won by 13 pts and could have easily put up another 10 if not more if they had been playing aggressive offense the rest of the game with 9 minutes to go].

i do think revis is really good and if said he wasnt id be an absolute homer, but a very good cb is not going to bring a team to the superbowl. he can only cover 1 guy, and look how far that very good cb have gotten there teams on there own such as bailey,nhamdi, charles woodson, etc.

i no deion won , and was a big part of it, but he had talent on the offensive side of the ball also, something revis does not have to back them up.

expect 8-8, and be happy with anything better this year.

dolpns13
09-06-2010, 09:18 AM
I heard from a little birdy that henne has until week 4, given he has had a bad 4 weeks. If he cannot get it done, pennington will be the starter for the rest of the season.

jetsknicks1
09-06-2010, 09:22 AM
The fact that such a reasonable, non-earth shattering deal was struck kinda frustrates me that they couldn't have gotten this done earlier.

But ultimately a good deal for both sides. Mangold, Brick and Revis signed in one offseason, not bad at all.

That's exactly what I was thinking whent I heard the terms. Sounds like this could've been dona a while ago. Whatever, I'm just glad he's in & that the Jets didn't cave to his demands.

miamiron
09-06-2010, 09:47 AM
Why give Jet fans/idiots an excuse when we beat them twice...AGAIN
BRING ON REVIS,BRING ON ROTUND REXY....IT'S TIME.....

Ilovemyfins4eva
09-06-2010, 09:50 AM
You keep posting this but what does this mean exactly? We have beaten you 3 times w/ revis does that mean we'll beat you again?
what it means is that, despite revis signing, u guys are far from unbeatable.

and for all those games we have played vs revis, our offense has done pretty well, aside from the 2nd game in 07 and last years 2nd game of the season, but thats because our offense was barely on the field for the 2nd half.

its not like when the jets play miami vs revis we cant move the ball on u guys. and now with the beast in miami beach, its going to be a lot tougher for u guys to contain our offense.

Ilovemyfins4eva
09-06-2010, 09:53 AM
Why give Jet fans/idiots an excuse when we beat them twice...AGAIN
BRING ON REVIS,BRING ON ROTUND REXY....IT'S TIME.....
if we beat them im sure theyll make excuses such as

'' revis was rusty , he missed all of training camp and all 4 preseason games, just give him time''

mustangbee319
09-06-2010, 09:54 AM
You guys forget that fart sanchez is only a decoy of the jets offense. Ground and pound is what they really want. And the revis deal made them that much better! But hey like you said we beat them twice last year

mindstate
09-06-2010, 10:11 AM

You guys clearly have a better read on Henne than I do but from what I've seen I think he's going to be an excellent QB. Anyone lobbying for Pennington to start at this point isn't thinking straight IMO...

PhinzN703
09-06-2010, 10:11 AM
Never had any doubt he'd get a new contract. And hey it happened just as training camp ended? Nooooooo way!

Jetsfan0099
09-06-2010, 10:36 AM
To the person that said if LT still was good why would the Chargers let him go, well the Chargers let go a lot of guys that ended up doing good. Some of the names Junior Seau, Drew Brees, Rodney Harrison. LT is out to prove the doubters wrong, hes extremely motivated, more so than hes been in a while.

anyways with Revis. 11.5 mil a year is fair, that is around what I thought he should make. The 16 mil was ridiculous, Al Davis DOES NOT set the market at positions. Revis did get more guaranteed money than Aso though, fair though, he got a 4 year deal while Asomugha had a 3 year deal.

Apparently Revis was out in Florida training with Ty Law during this time. I remember when we signed Ty Law the 2nd time during the week on less days and played the Patriots, he did a good job on Randy Moss when matched up for a guy that came off the street and he was old/washed up. Revis is in prime years.

Notable holdout players that held out from preseason.

John Abraham in 2005 with the Jets, held out in preseason as he was franchised tagged. He got a sack in each of the first 3 games that year, played every game and had a 10 sack season.

Michael Strahan in 2000, had a good season and went to the SB.

Tony Siragusa in 2000, his team won the SB and he did good.

Emmitt Smith in 1993 held out into the season first 2 games. Team went on won the SB and he had a career average that year 5.3 YPC and 1,400 yard season.

mindstate
09-06-2010, 10:42 AM
^ Plus Favre does it every year these days.

Oh, you thought there wasn't going to be a Favre reference in this thread? You thought wrong!

SamTodd
09-06-2010, 10:42 AM
don't you think that if Lt still was really good the chargers would've let him go? if hes as good as Ur making him out to be still, why didn't the chargers just sign him for 1 more year on the cheap and he could've split carries like hes gonna be doing in NY anyways?

they let him go because he is ****in washed up as anyone. maybe he will get his tds, but it does not take a great rb to run the ball in from the 2 yd line on 3 tries and score.

I dont know man, I think unfortunately LT is a guy you can't ever count out -- i think hes out to prove everyone wrong, and he is going to beast it. unfortunately .

rev kev
09-06-2010, 11:27 AM

This has been my mantra since he began the hold out - his body won't be ready (not the sign of a poor loser) we we see it in sports all time - preseason hitting is important to the long term health of the player

rev kev
09-06-2010, 11:30 AM
i heard from a little birdy that henne has until week 4, given he has had a bad 4 weeks. If he cannot get it done, pennington will be the starter for the rest of the season.

r u serious?

rev kev
09-06-2010, 11:32 AM

Can Revis Christ throw the ball for that 11.5 million?

Jetsfan89
09-06-2010, 11:53 AM
The man with his own island is officially back. Great news.

phinfoot
09-06-2010, 12:31 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81a4d456/article/peace-at-last-revis-agrees-to-new-jets-deal-ending-holdout?module=HP_headlines

Jet Offensive
09-06-2010, 12:32 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81a4d456/article/peace-at-last-revis-agrees-to-new-jets-deal-ending-holdout?module=HP_headlines

OMG!! are you serious? WOOT!

Fuerue
09-06-2010, 12:54 PM
Thank you for the congratuations on signing Revis back. I am more relieved at the dollar figure than the actual signing. I stand by my observation of him having zero leverage in the discussion at all still owing 3 years on his previous deal.
For those that think we are in cap hell, I am still trying to find the numbers that our mod dug up and posted on our board some months back. With the release of Faneca, Jones, Feely, and Washington, and then signing Holmes, Cromartie, Poole, and Taylor, we actually saved over 3 million this year. We were 12.5 million away from the cap before recent cuts, and after the Revis deal we settle somewhere in the neighborhood of 4million under cap. (When I say cap, I am talking about the most recent cap in place.) That puts us in the middle of the pack as far as NFL teams stand right now. If the cap is increased, I feel we can hang on to most of the big names we have signed this year. We may not keep both Edwards and Holmes both, because receivers tend to make considerable salaries if they produce, but we will keep one of them, and I am confident we will sign Cro long term if he performs as anticipated.

Jet Offensive
09-06-2010, 01:08 PM
Thank you for the congratuations on signing Revis back. I am more relieved at the dollar figure than the actual signing. I stand by my observation of him having zero leverage in the discussion at all still owing 3 years on his previous deal.
For those that think we are in cap hell, I am still trying to find the numbers that our mod dug up and posted on our board some months back. With the release of Faneca, Jones, Feely, and Washington, and then signing Holmes, Cromartie, Poole, and Taylor, we actually saved over 3 million this year. We were 12.5 million away from the cap before recent cuts, and after the Revis deal we settle somewhere in the neighborhood of 4million under cap. (When I say cap, I am talking about the most recent cap in place.) That puts us in the middle of the pack as far as NFL teams stand right now. If the cap is increased, I feel we can hang on to most of the big names we have signed this year. We may not keep both Edwards and Holmes both, because receivers tend to make considerable salaries if they produce, but we will keep one of them, and I am confident we will sign Cro long term if he performs as anticipated.

nah it's obvious these dolphins fans know alot more about the cap than me, you are even the jets FO. don't be deluded, we are in cap hell. random cap geniuses on finheaven have told me so.

09-06-2010, 01:25 PM

So preseason doesn't mean anything when LT plays well, yet there is an entire thread on Finheaven devoted to how the Jets suck because their offense doesn't look great in preseason?

I love when opposing teams get scared.

PhinsPhan11
09-06-2010, 01:39 PM
Merge

MnMsGrly00
09-06-2010, 01:43 PM
Why does everyone on here think that preseason means nothing??? Preseason means something to every team, every year. Guys are cut and guys are kept based on preseason play. Hell, the Bills just cut a 2nd round pick in 2008 for an undrafted free agent rookie WR because......yup, he produced in the preseason!!!

The win/loss record of preseason means nothing, that we should all agree on. However, when starters line up against starters, it begins to mean something. If our guys can move the ball against your guys, such as the Colts always do every preseason it tends to mean chances are good your offense will be able to execute when the score does matter! The packers have looked ridiculous this preseason, and I don't see that changing at all. Dallas has struggled to score and I think they may start out the season with some troubles in the redzone. Preseason shows and means something to each football team. Only delusional fans try to play it off as nothing.

redclamcrowder
09-06-2010, 01:44 PM
Good. I want the Jets at full strength so when we beat them twice there will be no excuses about injuries or holdouts.

Jetsfan89
09-06-2010, 03:10 PM

LOL we are no threat to you? Really? I guess you dont put much stock into the final standings or anything.

dolpns13
09-06-2010, 04:29 PM
r u serious?

you mis understood me... IF he has a bad first four regular season weeks.. not that he had a bad 4 weeks of preseason

nyjunc
09-07-2010, 11:12 AM

You can make evry excuse in the book but we were playing for the AFC Championship.

We had alot of bad breaks last season too, those things tend to even out. You don't lose too mnay games by 5 pts after allowing 3 non-offensibe TDs in a game but it happend just like some of the breaks we got.

I'll make a sig bet w/ you.

We did lead in the 2nd half so we did have a chance.

Youy are delusional, my friend. Did you not see how you 'made' the play-offs, the Colts quit. You should never have been there,a nd then your boy Nate Kaeding comes thru for you.

Anyway, what I really wanna know is how do you figure Crotch is miles better then Bess? It surley isnt based on numbers, go look at them. Must be your unbiased opinion, to say he is miles better is absurd. Marshall is miles and miles better than anyone you got. Holmes is solid, that was a good move. I would much prefer the Phins WRs.

We made it more b/c teams like Miami choked rather than Indy not caring.

It's laughable to think Bess is better than Cotchery.

Did you know who our best RB was in our most important games last year?

I agree, I was pissed we let him go but thankfully he is back.

Just keep in mind that before we made OL changes Thomas Jones ran for 3.6 YPC in 2007 then 4.5 in 2008 after the changes. behind this OL LT will be much more efficient.

Hell they'll be lucky if Greene can play a full 16 game season. Joe KcKnight blows. Tried to tell Jets fans that awhile ago. Was never impressed with him at USC.

Yet Ronnie is guaranteed to play 16 games, right?:lol2:

:lol2: We are in great shape whent he cap comes back. We are building for now and the future, you guys keep holding onto hope for a future that might never come.

anyways, since this is a revis thread, about revis, u guys were 9-7* last year. very average team. that's it. AVERAGE.

don't spew us this nonsense how u made the AFC championship, BC u shouldn't have been there to begin with if not given the opportunity by the colts in week 16, which they proved in the AFC championship game that they had given u the game BC they whooped Ur *****.[ yes i no u guys had the lead at halftime, but they still won by 13 pts and could have easily put up another 10 if not more if they had been playing aggressive offense the rest of the game with 9 minutes to go].

i do think revis is really good and if said he wasnt id be an absolute homer, but a very good cb is not going to bring a team to the superbowl. he can only cover 1 guy, and look how far that very good cb have gotten there teams on there own such as bailey,nhamdi, charles woodson, etc.

i no deion won , and was a big part of it, but he had talent on the offensive side of the ball also, something revis does not have to back them up.

expect 8-8, and be happy with anything better this year.

You keep talking about us being average, you do realize you guys were below average last year, right? You do realize you won just 5 games against teams besides the Jets, right?

It was time for a change for LT, he's comiong to a better OL, a better offense for him and he'll be better. He won't be the LT of 3-4 years ago but he'll be alot better than he was the last 2 years.

So we go 9-7 and make improvements but we'll go 8-8, does this mean you guys will go 6-10?

what it means is that, despite revis signing, u guys are far from unbeatable.

and for all those games we have played vs revis, our offense has done pretty well, aside from the 2nd game in 07 and last years 2nd game of the season, but thats because our offense was barely on the field for the 2nd half.

its not like when the jets play miami vs revis we cant move the ball on u guys. and now with the beast in miami beach, its going to be a lot tougher for u guys to contain our offense.

Who said we were unbeatable?

Our D has a big edge on your O, that doesn't mean your O will never do anything against us as you did in the first matchup last year but our D vs. your O is a biog edge for us.