PDA

View Full Version : HEY!!! The ball will still be in Sanchez's hands more than Revis

papahotel
09-06-2010, 09:54 AM
And thats why all of you need to stop worrying! trust me with the way marshall blocks and how small revis is, Everyone on finheaven will be changing their Avatar to a nice pic of BMarsh throwing 24 to the ground!! at the end of the day the jets are going to not be that good with Mark Sanchez, period. No Calvin Pace for the first six weeks, No Santonio Holmes for the first four and you gotta look at their schedule they play all very tough teams i predict a 9-7 record at best! but 8-8 is more realistic. Fellas dont be scared of the paper champs!

JCfinfan
09-06-2010, 10:18 AM
I will admit, I honestly feel Revis is the best corner in the business but we beat them twice last year with him. Anyone that thought he would sit out the year is crazy. It is what it is and he is a Jest again. Everyone should have Brandon Marshalls mentality. We should want him to be on the field so we can say we beat them with their best. Screw the Jests!!

mikethewreck
09-06-2010, 10:28 AM
Anybody who thought the Jests would go into the season without #24 was deluded. They needed him. He knew that. They are going all out this season and it makes no sense to spend the money they have spent already and not throw down the last bit of change for #24. It was like Minny and Farve, sooner or later the team was going to cave and open the checkbook and exempt their "savior" from training camp. I just wonder how this affects the rest of the team. We will see how this whole dance plays out this season. I think the Jests are on a razor's edge. It will be epic, but it has the potential for epic fail as well as epic win. That's Rex Ryan for you. "!@#% the torpedoes, full speed ahead!" seems to be his mantra, and it's worked for him...so far.

Now that #24 has his money, how does that affect Revis? Will he be more like Haynesworth or like Marshall? The Jests are betting (and betting $36 mil guaranteed large) that he will bring his "A" game back to the field. Still, he will suffer some effects from missing camp time and has shown some very disturbing tendencies during the whole holdout thing (exaggerating injury, etc.). In a way I'm glad we play him and Farve early in the season (at least game 1 for the Jests) before they get back in rhythm.

papahotel
09-06-2010, 10:36 AM
Amen bra! Thats the mentality all of us fans need to have f*ck the Jets i will never fear them as for you other dolphin fans u need to get on the same page!! WE ARE BETTER!

k33vinj
09-06-2010, 10:59 AM
beatem twice last year they got kinda better we got alot better so they should be wondering how can they beat us now. their defense is great but offense sucks. were alot more balanced. dont see how we cant beat them. i see vikings as a bigger threat.

72champagne
09-06-2010, 11:02 AM
Sanchez sucks.

Jersey DolFan
09-06-2010, 11:05 AM
i agree. sanchez and the O is why that team will still struggle. just like last year. even without revis they have a top Defense. this just makes it more solid. but that O is not potent, esp. with no more leon and no more thomas jones.

WVDolphan
09-06-2010, 11:31 AM
I never was worried about the Jets with or without Revis. 8 wins max for that team with the pathetic offense and overrated D. I think 6 or 7 wins is all they get.

They were an 8-8 team last season and I dont see how they improved from that.

Ilovemyfins4eva
09-06-2010, 11:33 AM
Revis had no problem with Andre Johnson or B Marshall the first time he played him. I dont think he's gonna lose any sleep.
marshall had 5 catches for 55 yds the one time he played revis, and the broncos that game put up 34 pts or something like that in the rain.

thats 11 yds per catch, thats not to bad, and as i mentioned the broncos put up 34 puts or around that in rainy conditions. bottom line is, for all you guys who talk about how revis shuts down this and that, it always seems that the 2nd wr is putting up monster numbers.

so good for you guys, you have revis back, now instead of blowing beyond belief, maybe u guys will go 8-8.congrats

jfaulknercahill
09-06-2010, 01:30 PM
And thats why all of you need to stop worrying! trust me with the way marshall blocks and how small revis is, Everyone on finheaven will be changing their Avatar to a nice pic of BMarsh throwing 24 to the ground!! at the end of the day the jets are going to not be that good with Mark Sanchez, period. No Calvin Pace for the first six weeks, No Santonio Holmes for the first four and you gotta look at their schedule they play all very tough teams i predict a 9-7 record at best! but 8-8 is more realistic. Fellas dont be scared of the paper champs!
sorry, but darrelle revis is one of the biggest cb's in the league. he weighs 200 pounds...most cbs weigh 180.

lol you are really in for a rude awakening

revis **** all over andre johnson, and sorry bmarsh is great, but andre is the best.

papahotel
09-06-2010, 04:18 PM
okay Revis goes 5'11'' 198, Vonte davis goes 5'11'' 205 and sean smith is 6'3'' 214 so Brandon goes against bigger corners everyday in practice and BMarsh goes 6'4'' 230 so he can pretty much have his way with most corners in the NFL! I get so sick of Jets fans only Claim is "We got Revis" dude had one stellar year okay lets see him do it again and make me a believer because all i remember is Ginn burning him up top on Monday Night!!!!!!!!

jfaulknercahill
09-06-2010, 05:00 PM
okay Revis goes 5'11'' 198, Vonte davis goes 5'11'' 205 and sean smith is 6'3'' 214 so Brandon goes against bigger corners everyday in practice and BMarsh goes 6'4'' 230 so he can pretty much have his way with most corners in the NFL! I get so sick of Jets fans only Claim is "We got Revis" dude had one stellar year okay lets see him do it again and make me a believer because all i remember is Ginn burning him up top on Monday Night!!!!!!!!
gj you got ginn to burn revis on 1 play. revis is going to have his mind 100% on marshall, and there will be a zero chance of marshall making a burn against revis.

he could knock revis down, but i highly doubt that due to revis' strength.

1 stellar year? lol

he had 2 stellar years, and 1 year nobody has ever done before.

Ilovemyfins4eva
09-06-2010, 05:05 PM
sorry, but darrelle revis is one of the biggest cb's in the league. he weighs 200 pounds...most cbs weigh 180.

lol you are really in for a rude awakening

revis **** all over andre johnson, and sorry bmarsh is great, but andre is the best.we arent intimidated by revis. he maybe good, but if i recall, we have played the jets 6 times since you have had revis, aside from the 2nd game of 07 when we played u, and last year 2nd game only because our offense didnt see the field in the 2nd half, we have scored against the jets just fine.

revis maybe good, but hes not a god. he can only cover 1 person and will get beat. last year was a fluke. hes good but not as good as that.

its funny how everyone mentions revis, but they fail to acknowledge that the 2nd and wrs , etc all have field days vs the jets.

take a look at both pats games, eidelman i believe had 90 plus yds, welker in the 2nd game had his best career game arguably, vs the colts, shut wayne down, but collie garcon and clark got open and did damage.

revis in the end is one guy. hes a real good one, but one guy cant cover everyone.

nyjunc
09-07-2010, 10:51 AM

I love the fear, you realize w/ Sanchez as a rookie and w/ not nearly as many weapons we made the title game, right? Our O will be fine, our D was the best in the game last year and we are more talented and i year 2 of the scheme. keep trying to rationalize everything, hopefully it helps you worry less about us.

jetsknicks1
09-08-2010, 03:02 PM
I never was worried about the Jets with or without Revis. 8 wins max for that team with the pathetic offense and overrated D. I think 6 or 7 wins is all they get.

They were an 8-8 team last season and I dont see how they improved from that.

Our "Pathetic offense was ranked #20 last season. The Dollfags offense:#17. Your soooooo much better offense was able to put up 16 more yards a game than the Jets and a whopping 0.75 more points a game. What a juggarnaught.

Jets defense: #8 in rushing D, #1 in passing D #1 overall D. You're right, totally overated.

jetsknicks1
09-08-2010, 03:18 PM
we arent intimidated by revis. he maybe good, but if i recall, we have played the jets 6 times since you have had revis, aside from the 2nd game of 07 when we played u, and last year 2nd game only because our offense didnt see the field in the 2nd half, we have scored against the jets just fine.

revis maybe good, but hes not a god. he can only cover 1 person and will get beat. last year was a fluke. hes good but not as good as that.

its funny how everyone mentions revis, but they fail to acknowledge that the 2nd and wrs , etc all have field days vs the jets.

take a look at both pats games, eidelman i believe had 90 plus yds, welker in the 2nd game had his best career game arguably, vs the colts, shut wayne down, but collie garcon and clark got open and did damage.

revis in the end is one guy. hes a real good one, but one guy cant cover everyone.

Uhhhh, #1 passing defense last season. Do you always just throw random thoughts out there without knowing what you're talking about?