PDA

View Full Version : Jets don't sell out opener LMAO!!!!!

DownTheSideline
09-06-2010, 01:18 PM
Jets owner will buy tickets to avert blackout (http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/jets_owner_will_buy_tickets_to_avert_zXk7YOADHJD4Ze6j7oplLL)
By BART HUBBUCH

Neither the Giants nor the Jets will be blacked out on local TV in Week 1, but there sure are going to be a lot of empty seats at New Meadowlands Stadium.

The Giants say they have sold all non-premium seating for Sunday’s opener against the Panthers, meaning the game will be broadcast locally. But the club admitted yesterday that around 1,200 club seats requiring a PSL remain unsold.

The Jets, meanwhile, are in even worse shape sales-wise for their opener next Monday night against the Ravens, with more than 1,500 non-premium seats still available in the lower sections of their new 82,500-seat home despite a recent 50-percent slash in the price of the required PSL.

That normally would put a team in danger of a local TV blackout, which the Jets haven’t endured since 1977, but the team said yesterday that there is “no chance” the Baltimore game will be blacked out.

That’s because owner Woody Johnson can spend the money to make sure it doesn’t happen.

The Jets can take advantage of a loophole in the NFL’s blackout policy that allows team owners to get their games on local TV by buying up any unsold non-premium seats for 34 cents on the dollar.

If the number of unsold non-premium PSL seats remains unchanged, that means owner Woody Johnson would have to write a check of $100,000 or more for each of the eight homes game this season just to avoid the blackout.

“We do not have to inform the league until 72 hours prior to kickoff whether or not we are blacked out, but as we have said, we will be sold out, and there is no chance of a blackout,” Jets spokesman Bruce Speight said yesterday in an e-mail.

Those tickets the team buys can then be donated to charity or to the military, as the Jaguars have done this season and in previous years.

Though both games will be on local TV, the potential for bigger stretches of empty gray seats Sunday and Monday is high when the secondary ticket market is included.

As of yesterday, there were a combined 12,100 seats for resale online to the Giants-Panthers game and a combined 12,400 tickets for resale online for the Jets-Ravens contest, according to ticket aggregator Fansnap.com.

The Giants and Jets also have several thousand unsold tickets for games later in the season after each team quietly put single-game seats on sale late last month. The Giants angered some of their fans by dropping the longstanding PSL requirement on those seats.

That's just sad.

FinAtic8480
09-06-2010, 01:20 PM
Lmao!

Ilovemyfins4eva
09-06-2010, 01:25 PM
i read that in the paper. the jets r a huge freaking joke. lets be honest though, would you want to pay money to go see such a ****ty *** franchise, or would you rather be able to watch that ****ty *** franchise on tv for free?

DownTheSideline
09-06-2010, 01:25 PM
Sad,just sad.

Zounds
09-06-2010, 01:27 PM
1500 tickets left to be sold is nothing. I bet it will be sold out in a day.

Jet Offensive
09-06-2010, 01:30 PM
the lol'ing is funny coming from the fans of a team whose stadium is filled with like 40% of the opposing teams fans at any given home game.

DownTheSideline
09-06-2010, 01:32 PM
the lol'ing is funny coming from the fans of a team whose stadium is filled with like 40% of the opposing teams fans at any given home game.

Hopefully you're talking about the Marlins.

Myles Fynch
09-06-2010, 01:32 PM
I think the Ravens are going to do us a favor Monday night. In the process, Rex is going to set a franchise record for F bombs.

DownTheSideline
09-06-2010, 01:34 PM

The owner bought the rest of the tickets.

72PhinFan

No. These are PSL seats. A huge fee must be paid before you even have a right to buy the ticket. It's how the Jets recoup their portion of stadium costs.

Dr. Phin
Wait until they start losing games too. When it all comes down in jets town...it will be fun to watch.

Myles Fynch
09-06-2010, 01:40 PM
No. These are PSL seats. A huge fee must be paid before you even have a right to buy the ticket. It's how the Jets recoup their portion of stadium costs.

PSLs are evil. Imagine if your local movie theater said you had to pay $1000 for a PSL if you wanted to see movies there. Then, going forward, you can have the privilege of buying individual movie tickets at $15 a pop. It's complete B.S.

72champagne
09-06-2010, 01:42 PM
rex is fat.

redclamcrowder
09-06-2010, 01:43 PM
Maybe Alcoholics Anonymous and Anger Management sessions are all being held that week on a Sunday. If it weren't for their probation officers, the NYJ fans might have shown up to the game instead ;-)

Kinzua
09-06-2010, 01:45 PM
In their old stadium, the Giants had waiting lists for season tix years long, and the Jests also had a waiting list. I don't think that either team had more than a couple of thousand single game tix available for any game. Obviously, a lot of people on those lists have said "no, thank you" to the PSLs and overpriced tix at the new palace. I think this should be a warning to all NFL franchises that there's a limit to how much people are willing to spend to get their product. The PSLs are pure arrogant money grubbing. Moreover, the PSL and the high ticket prices in the new stadium have priced a lot of former season ticket holders out of the market. Those were the people who came to Giants and Jests games no matter what.

bradmcnutt13
09-06-2010, 01:48 PM
My cousin has had Giants season tix for forever and he had to give them up b/c the seat license is $5K per ticket. He's a blue collar guy and there's no way he can fork over that much cabbage. These modern stadiums are moving in the direction of the corporate boxes. With HD tv and big screen tvs, less and less people are going to games (especially from the latest generations who are growing up with this in home enterntainment and don't understand why you'd spend so much money and time to go to a game when you get a better viewing experience in the comfort of your own home). The owners realize this and are slowly squeezing the the fans out and charging outrageous prices for the small number of premium seats that do exist.

Dolphins12thMan
09-06-2010, 02:02 PM
Nothing funny about this, because if PSL's happened in Miami you might have 40,000 people at the game. PSL's are a joke and fans should stand up and go on strike. I would be pissed if I had to pay a PSL. Its about $25,000 for the PSL and then about $750 (x 10 games) for the seat.....It cost around $30,000 dollars per year for the seats they are talking about. If the Dolphins ever put PSL's on seats, they wouldnt be in Miami anymore.

bradmcnutt13
09-06-2010, 02:17 PM
Its max 20K per seat and those are for the best seats in the house. Pricing of everything at games got out of control a long time ago. $30 to park, $10 for a domestic light beer. Its insane and still people pay it. This is just the next step. And people will pay this as well or pretty close to this. I think there's something like 78K licenses and what, they didn't sell 1500.

DaBills4life
09-06-2010, 02:22 PM
Why would a Bills fan laugh at this? We are the lucky ones right now, cheap tickets.

mindstate
09-06-2010, 02:26 PM
You guys are reading this as the fans not caring enough to attend, when the reality is the fans can't afford the PSL fees. Big difference. I really don't see what's funny about that.

DownTheSideline
09-06-2010, 03:49 PM
The reality is, NYC/NJ area has the most people in population to any other team in the league, the excuse of how expensive they are isn't gonna work.

WVDolphan
09-06-2010, 05:15 PM
PSLs are a ****ing joke. Its a god damned disgrace that owners try and fleece their fans like that. Its not so bad for the rich ********ers, but you know there are a few blue collar fans that love their team so much they wind up paying those ridiculous prices for the tickets.

Its those fans who at seasons end if the team ****ing blows and the owner has given them a ****ty product after they paid a large percentage of their annual income on tickets who should be allowed to **** some **** up. Maybe a kick Woody Johnson in the johnson day at the stadium and a dunking booth where you get three throws of a football to hit a target that sends Rex's fat *** into a huge tub of raw sewage.

****ing scumbag owners. The least Woody could do is hire a bunch of hot strippers to give bjs to some of these fans in those seats during the game.

Mo Lewis
09-06-2010, 07:11 PM
Quite frankly its shocking that there are only 1,500 left. Those tickets are $120 a game and thats after you pay a "reduced price" of $2,500 a ticket. It'll cost you a cool $7400 for two tickets in the lower endzone this season ($2,500 psl + $1,200 for 10 games x 2). Surprised tickets are still left available?

Mo Lewis
09-06-2010, 07:13 PM
How is it sad? Tickets for bills games are HALF of what they cost for the Jets. Plus you dont have to fork out $2,500 just for the right to get tickets. PSLs are a disgrace.

The Jets have fans, they've been selling out every game for 20 years. Its just that a lot of people dont want to pay money just to buy tickets. I won't ever pay for a psl. Does that make me a bad fan?

Want to know what is sad? Losing a home game a year to another city...

Daytona Fin
09-06-2010, 07:33 PM
its happening around the all around the league. i saw a segment on it. fans are staying home more. with sunday ticket becoming more popular, fans are finding that being home is more enjoyable experience than paying for an experience that is becoming more like going to the airport with all the restrictions, not to mention rising ticket prices.

also the nfl is going to learn the hard way like nascar did with their attendance problems. in this economy , true fans cant afford it and think the players and owners make way too much money off of us. they need to quit building these super size stadiums or their going to have to do like nascar and have the cameras avoid the empty seats.

09-06-2010, 11:03 PM
Dolphin fans have absolutely no right to comment on this, just look around at one of your homes games.

Anyway, there is still a week, that number is nothing.

nyjunc
09-07-2010, 10:45 AM
Jets owner will buy tickets to avert blackout (http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/jets_owner_will_buy_tickets_to_avert_zXk7YOADHJD4Ze6j7oplLL)
By BART HUBBUCH

Neither the Giants nor the Jets will be blacked out on local TV in Week 1, but there sure are going to be a lot of empty seats at New Meadowlands Stadium.

The Giants say they have sold all non-premium seating for Sunday’s opener against the Panthers, meaning the game will be broadcast locally. But the club admitted yesterday that around 1,200 club seats requiring a PSL remain unsold.

The Jets, meanwhile, are in even worse shape sales-wise for their opener next Monday night against the Ravens, with more than 1,500 non-premium seats still available in the lower sections of their new 82,500-seat home despite a recent 50-percent slash in the price of the required PSL.

That normally would put a team in danger of a local TV blackout, which the Jets haven’t endured since 1977, but the team said yesterday that there is “no chance” the Baltimore game will be blacked out.

That’s because owner Woody Johnson can spend the money to make sure it doesn’t happen.

The Jets can take advantage of a loophole in the NFL’s blackout policy that allows team owners to get their games on local TV by buying up any unsold non-premium seats for 34 cents on the dollar.

If the number of unsold non-premium PSL seats remains unchanged, that means owner Woody Johnson would have to write a check of $100,000 or more for each of the eight homes game this season just to avoid the blackout.

“We do not have to inform the league until 72 hours prior to kickoff whether or not we are blacked out, but as we have said, we will be sold out, and there is no chance of a blackout,” Jets spokesman Bruce Speight said yesterday in an e-mail.

Those tickets the team buys can then be donated to charity or to the military, as the Jaguars have done this season and in previous years.

Though both games will be on local TV, the potential for bigger stretches of empty gray seats Sunday and Monday is high when the secondary ticket market is included.

As of yesterday, there were a combined 12,100 seats for resale online to the Giants-Panthers game and a combined 12,400 tickets for resale online for the Jets-Ravens contest, according to ticket aggregator Fansnap.com.

The Giants and Jets also have several thousand unsold tickets for games later in the season after each team quietly put single-game seats on sale late last month. The Giants angered some of their fans by dropping the longstanding PSL requirement on those seats.

That's just sad.

What are Bills and Dolphin fans laughing at? You guys charge nothing for your games and still have the threat of blackouts. This REPORT is after the owner tried to fleece us all w/ PSLs where we had to pay $5-10-20K just for the right to buy tickets. if they did that in Miami and Buffalo you'd have 12 people at the games.

ROADRUNNER
09-07-2010, 10:48 AM
Hopefully you're talking about the Marlins.

At least were not Canadain's................

FinsNCanes
09-07-2010, 02:14 PM
Dolphin fans have absolutely no right to comment on this, just look around at one of your homes games.

Anyway, there is still a week, that number is nothing.

You do realize that Miami at the moment is probably THE worst part of the country right now when it comes to economy/job market? You can pretty much throw FL in that whore department (my county alone was top 10 not very long ago). Do you need gas or do you need to see Miami play? It would also help if we've done anything in recent years, and if all the people from Mass/NY/Ohio would move the **** back home. Nobody grows up and goes "I want to move to Jersey". Anyway, even with all that we averaged 65k+ a game, our stadium holds 75kish I believe.

Correct me if I'm wrong...but I do think there are a lot more people in the NY area than FL. I read something the other day about attendance being down in the NFL now for like the 3rd year in a row.

JETSJETSJETS
09-07-2010, 07:20 PM
i read that in the paper. the jets r a huge freaking joke. lets be honest though, would you want to pay money to go see such a ****ty *** franchise, or would you rather be able to watch that ****ty *** franchise on tv for free?

Its very ****ty indeed. Out of the 82,566 seats, only 81,000 have been sold. Thats pretty shameful.

Mo Lewis
09-08-2010, 10:52 PM
They just announced that all non-club psl seats have been sold out. All that remain are a limited amount of club seats (same for the giants).

HurriPhin
09-09-2010, 02:19 AM
So much for a brand new stadium when the lame *** Jest fans can't even show up to enjoy it. J-E-T-S Suck Suck Suck.

Mark Zona
09-09-2010, 02:43 AM
The reality is, NYC/NJ area has the most people in population to any other team in the league, the excuse of how expensive they are isn't gonna work.

A huge fan base doesn't mean that they all have disposable cash. Money is tight and people are worried about layoffs.

You want to rip on someone for not buying something they see as a luxury then come back and do it with a Finheaven VIP tag, big spender.

Mark Zona
09-09-2010, 02:48 AM
At least were not Canadain's................

Cubans?

Mo Lewis
09-09-2010, 08:55 AM
So much for a brand new stadium when the lame *** Jest fans can't even show up to enjoy it. J-E-T-S Suck Suck Suck.

LOL clueless...

SpurzN703
09-09-2010, 10:50 AM
What are Bills and Dolphin fans laughing at? You guys charge nothing for your games and still have the threat of blackouts. This REPORT is after the owner tried to fleece us all w/ PSLs where we had to pay $5-10-20K just for the right to buy tickets. if they did that in Miami and Buffalo you'd have 12 people at the games.

I could care less about this story but comparing your team's new stadium to the Dolphins/Bills makes no sense. It's New York (or New Jersey if you want to be technical). It's a whole different situation compared to Miami/Buffalo and their older stadiums and less hype.

Mo Lewis
09-09-2010, 11:11 AM
I could care less about this story but comparing your team's new stadium to the Dolphins/Bills makes no sense. It's New York (or New Jersey if you want to be technical). It's a whole different situation compared to Miami/Buffalo and their older stadiums and less hype.

Exactly right. The situations are completely different. That is what I dont understand why some bills and dolphins fans are laughing about it. Its not a matter of just going to the stadium to get a seat or a lack of fans. Its the fact that now people have to fork up $2,500 a ticket in order to then pay $120 a ticket! nyjunc was simply stating that if PSLs were imposed on Ralph Wilson Stadium or Landshark Stadium, we would see a lot of empty seats. That doesnt have anything to do with a lack of fan support, it has to do with a lack of $$$.

Mark Zona
09-09-2010, 11:29 AM
comparing your team's new stadium to the Dolphins/Bills makes no sense.

I'm a Bills fan and I think makes total sense. Meadowlands teams have a problem selling out games because of PSLs while Miami's inability to sell out home games dates back before Obama started destroying this country.

nyjunc
09-09-2010, 11:52 AM

It's not about a new Stadium, it's about PSLs. In Giants Stadium we sold out every single game and had a 20 year waiting list so the building means nothing. If they wouldn't have charged us PSLs the building would have been sold out the day they put a shovel in the ground.

jree
09-09-2010, 03:04 PM
I'm a huge Dol-fan but the reason I don't go to the games, as lame as it may sound, its just way too damn hot for me. I have a 52" HD TV, a plush micro Suede theater style reclining sofa, 2000 watt surround sound system, and what seems to be an endless supply of my favorite beer.

The transplant fans are really annoying to deal with cause more than 80% don't seem to know how to drive. I love going to the prime time games but the 1 o'clockers suck booty hole.

EDIT: PSL's have to be the dumbest thing that I have ever heard of in my life. I know that they have to try to recoup some of the money for building a new stadium but why then do you charge a buttload for parking, rape people for food and beer, raise single seat ticket prices, and take on endorsements to advertise all around the stadium. NFL is turning into a business thats destroying itself, plain and simple.

Mo Lewis
10-05-2010, 01:19 PM
By BART HUBBUCH

That's just sad.

This is why you don't start threads like this....

http://www.buffalonews.com/city/article210550.ece

As of Monday, the Bills still had about 12,000 tickets left for Sunday's home game against Jacksonville. And after last weekend's debacle against the Jets, it would be hard to imagine any run on the box office.

While the Bills previously announced a sellout for their Nov. 28 game with the Pittsburgh Steelers, plenty of seats are available for the Detroit Lions game on Nov. 14, the Cleveland Browns game on Dec. 12 and the New England Patriots game on Dec. 26. "The rest of the games in Ralph Wilson Stadium have more than 12,000 tickets available," Berchtold said.

ganggreen617
10-09-2010, 01:08 AM
dolphins only sell out because 50% of the crowd at every game are opposing team fans