PDA

View Full Version : Lee Evans

mandal24
09-06-2010, 08:56 PM
Just have it in the back of your mind from now, he WILL burn us for one bomb. It happens every year, doesnt matter which scrub was throwing him the ball, whether it was Losman, Fitzpatrick, or Edwards. As long as we know from now, it wont be as painful to watch it happen :/ Now if we could just contain CJ Spiller, we should be alright. I do see Cam Wake getting a pair of sacks against arguably the worst OL in football.

MnMsGrly00
09-06-2010, 09:23 PM
Lee always burns you for 1 TD, but I think you will have to stop our running backs even more than Lee. And when you focus on our monsters in the backfield, someone else is bound to make a play. I'm banking on Roscoe. He's fiiiiiinally showing up with a coach that knows what it means to have an actual NFL playbook.

Mogwai
09-06-2010, 09:33 PM
No worries. Jason Allen's on it.

MnMsGrly00
09-06-2010, 09:34 PM

Yeah Lee isn't too worried about Jason Allen. Maybe if it was Revis, lol

tazthenomad
09-06-2010, 09:35 PM
Lee always burns you for 1 TD, but I think you will have to stop our running backs even more than Lee. And when you focus on our monsters in the backfield, someone else is bound to make a play. I'm banking on Roscoe. He's fiiiiiinally showing up with a coach that knows what it means to have an actual NFL playbook.
CJ Spiller looks like an awesome talent but we've seen Chan Gailey as an offensive coordinator. He's not bad but he's not good enough to take a sub-par QB and what looks to be a bad OL and turn them into a dominant offense. That's no slight to Coach Gailey - it's just that you need more than a playbook to make up for those deficits.

mandal24
09-06-2010, 09:35 PM
Monsters in the backfield? You're best running back wont even be playing. Jackson is out, Lynch blows and CJ Spiller will try and bounce everything outside. He might be able to get away with that in college and in preseason, but that sh*t doesnt work in the real NFL. Especially with two hard hitting corners in Davis and Allen there to meet him at the boundaries. But yes, Evans stat line will probably look something like this... 2 catches, 67 yards and 1 TD

Nublar7
09-06-2010, 09:37 PM
Lee always burns you for 1 TD, but I think you will have to stop our running backs even more than Lee. And when you focus on our monsters in the backfield, someone else is bound to make a play. I'm banking on Roscoe. He's fiiiiiinally showing up with a coach that knows what it means to have an actual NFL playbook.Yeah, Parrish's three receptions in 2009 have me trembling.

67Stang
Moulds was a bigger pain in the rear for us for years!

Prime

Just like how when your defense focus on our RB's, Marshall will then burn your *** or vise versa.

Im glad your all are confident in your team which you should be, but dont come in and act like your the **** just yet. your team on paper is one of the worst. And if you are judging your team based on having a good preseason, then your a fool.

Another thing I would like to add. Just because Gailey is an upgrade doesnt mean you will automatically be a good team. Your former coach was horrible, so that will make any coach coming in look decent. It isnt the coach itself, its the coach you did have. And we had a great offensive mind coach as our HC too, then we went 1-15 cause we didnt have talent and injuries killed us that year. A good offensive playbook doesnt mean anything if you dont have the talent to be able to execute the plays the right way..

finfan54
09-06-2010, 09:44 PM
2 problems for Bills:

Demetrius Bell and Cornell Green play tackle.

mandal24
09-06-2010, 09:46 PM
2 problems for Bills:

Demetrius Bell and Cornell Green play tackle.

LOL! Who?! Wow, if I was Trent Edwards, I'd be sh*tting in my pants

MnMsGrly00
09-06-2010, 09:46 PM
CJ Spiller looks like an awesome talent but we've seen Chan Gailey as an offensive coordinator. He's not bad but he's not good enough to take a sub-par QB and what looks to be a bad OL and turn them into a dominant offense. That's no slight to Coach Gailey - it's just that you need more than a playbook to make up for those deficits.

See I have to disagree with you there, Gailey does exactly that! I"m not saying our offense is dominant, simply that we will be more productive and exciting than last year. Gailey took Thigpen in Kansas City with no OL and created the pistol offense. And what happen? The offense became productive! He did the same thing with Kordell. One of Gaileys major strengths is his ability to adapt to the players on his roster. This offense is going to be better, that's all I'm saying.

MnMsGrly00
09-06-2010, 09:48 PM
Yeah, Parrish's three receptions in 2009 have me trembling.

You must have missed the part where I said he is FINALLY showing up in our offense. He's locked down the slot receiver role and I guarantee you that he will have more than 3 catches on Sunday. Good luck to your linebackers trying to catch him. Especially if they aren't completely healthy.

tazthenomad
09-06-2010, 09:50 PM
See I have to disagree with you there, Gailey does exactly that! I"m not saying our offense is dominant, simply that we will be more productive and exciting than last year. Gailey took Thigpen in Kansas City with no OL and created the pistol offense. And what happen? The offense became productive! He did the same thing with Kordell. One of Gaileys major strengths is his ability to adapt to the players on his roster. This offense is going to be better, that's all I'm saying.

I wouldn't use the Kansas City experience as evidence he can pull this off. He was demoted in KC and that's how Buffalo got him. Again, I'm not picking on him - it's just too much to ask from Chan Gailey.

Back to the NFL (2008-2009)

Gailey was hired on January 16, 2008 to become the offensive coordinator of the Kansas City Chiefs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kansas_City_Chiefs). Gailey inherited a Chiefs offense that ranked at the bottom of the league in almost every category the previous season.[14] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chan_Gailey#cite_note-13) He was demoted after three pre-season games in 2009 and relieved of play-calling duties by head coach Todd Haley.[15] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chan_Gailey#cite_note-Gailey_no_longer-14) Gailey was out of football in 2009.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chan_Gailey

MnMsGrly00
09-06-2010, 09:51 PM
Monsters in the backfield? You're best running back wont even be playing. Jackson is out, Lynch blows and CJ Spiller will try and bounce everything outside. He might be able to get away with that in college and in preseason, but that sh*t doesnt work in the real NFL. Especially with two hard hitting corners in Davis and Allen there to meet him at the boundaries. But yes, Evans stat line will probably look something like this... 2 catches, 67 yards and 1 TD

Actually Jackson was back practicing this week, and if I remember correctly he averaged 4.7 and 4.9 yards per carry against you guys with 2 TDs the last time you saw him. Lynch blows? Yeah ok, he's just a probowl running back that punishes people when they try to tackle him and has 2 1000 yard seasons under his belt already. If thats your idea of bad, then I'll take it. CJ is not afraid of contact and it will be hilarious watching your guys try to tackle him from behind.

We have the best RB's in the AFC east.

SRM
I think we'll be able to contain Spiller. Last year we held Chris Johnson to a 3.6 avg. He gained 104 yds, but it was on 29 attempts. This was all with a much, much worse off run D than right now.

Nublar7
You must have missed the part where I said he is FINALLY showing up in our offense. He's locked down the slot receiver role and I guarantee you that he will have more than 3 catches on Sunday. Good luck to your linebackers trying to catch him. Especially if they aren't completely healthy.He had 3 receptions for the ENTIRE year last year. I doubt he gets any on Sunday. Your receivers are are one of the worst groups in the entire league. I don't think our defense is really shaking that much. You are banking on Evans, who lets face it has underachieved his whole career, Parrish who had three total catches last season, Steve Johnson who had two receptions last season and two undrafted rookies. Not a lot of substance.

Nublar7
09-06-2010, 09:55 PM
Actually Jackson was back practicing this week, and if I remember correctly he averaged 4.7 and 4.9 yards per carry against you guys with 2 TDs the last time you saw him. Lynch blows? Yeah ok, he's just a probowl running back that punishes people when they try to tackle him and has 2 1000 yard seasons under his belt already. If thats your idea of bad, then I'll take it. CJ is not afraid of contact and it will be hilarious watching your guys try to tackle him from behind.

Jackson - Despite practicing, reports say he still may not play

Lynch - Was pretty bad last season. He had 450 yards and averaged only 3.8 yards per carry. In two games against the Dolphins last season, he had ten total rushing yards. TEN.

Spiller - He is a rookie who flashed in meaningless preseason games. He has yet to take a real snap yet and he is small. Can he handle a full load?

Best running backs in the AFC East? That is laughable. I think any fan, besides a Bills fan, would take Ricky, Ronnie and Patrick over your trio any day of the week.

MnMsGrly00
09-06-2010, 09:56 PM
I wouldn't use the Kansas City experience as evidence he can pull this off. He was demoted in KC and that's how Buffalo got him. Again, I'm not picking on him - it's just too much to ask from Chan Gailey.

Back to the NFL (2008-2009)

Gailey was hired on January 16, 2008 to become the offensive coordinator of the Kansas City Chiefs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kansas_City_Chiefs). Gailey inherited a Chiefs offense that ranked at the bottom of the league in almost every category the previous season.[14] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chan_Gailey#cite_note-13) He was demoted after three pre-season games in 2009 and relieved of play-calling duties by head coach Todd Haley.[15] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chan_Gailey#cite_note-Gailey_no_longer-14) Gailey was out of football in 2009.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chan_Gailey

Thats my point though. He inherited an awful offense, worse than ours and made it productive. He literally turned nothing into something. The reason he was let go was due to Haley. He wanted to run the show there thats it. Also, even Jerry Jones stated he regretted letting Chan go from Dallas and that it was a mistake.

I know you're not picking on him, but we are excited to finally have a real coach that doesn't read his players bedtime stories and gives them time off to bond every week. Jauron was that bad.

MnMsGrly00
09-06-2010, 10:00 PM
Jackson - Despite practicing, reports say he still may not play

Lynch - Was pretty bad last season. He had 450 yards and averaged only 3.8 yards per carry. In two games against the Dolphins last season, he had ten total rushing yards. TEN.

Spiller - He is a rookie who flashed in meaningless preseason games. He has yet to take a real snap yet and he is small. Can he handle a full load?

Best running backs in the AFC East? That is laughable. I think any fan, besides a Bills fan, would take Ricky, Ronnie and Patrick over your trio any day of the week.

Lynch was suspended last year for the first 4 games for being an idiot and when he came back Freddy was clearly running the show. Jauron is a dumb *** and pretty much didnt utilize Lynch except to spell Jackson from time to time. Lynch got fat, and was uninterested. This year though, beast mode is finally back. You will find out.

And to be honest, and this is not a knock on your RB's but our guys are going to be one of our greatest assets. We have great depth and Spiller is just icing on the cake. Who care's if the games were meaningless???? He still flashed brilliance against NFL starting defenses. He's one of those guys that can take it to the house whenever the football is in his hands. A lot of people have him as OROY. We shall see sunday. :)

mandal24
09-06-2010, 10:00 PM

Jackson wont be back for a while. Sorry. No need to defend Jackson, like I said, I actually think hes your best back. Measuring a running back based on 1,000 yard seasons is an old argument, seems like every running back is doing that these days. You seem to like Lynch more than the Bills FO. Theyve been trying to trade him all off season but no takers. We have the better Oline, Ronnie will be healthy for atleast 1 week so hes automatically the best back in this game and Ricky is the ageless wonder. So I'm sorry, but the Dolphins reign supreme when it comes to running backs in the AFC East!

MnMsGrly00
09-06-2010, 10:01 PM
I think we'll be able to contain Spiller. Last year we held Chris Johnson to a 3.6 avg. He gained 104 yds, but it was on 29 attempts. This was all with a much, much worse off run D than right now.

See now that can be worrisome for bills fans lol! Lets just say I hope spiller keeps your defense honest.

tazthenomad
09-06-2010, 10:02 PM
Thats my point though. He inherited an awful offense, worse than ours and made it productive. He literally turned nothing into something. The reason he was let go was due to Haley. He wanted to run the show there thats it. Also, even Jerry Jones stated he regretted letting Chan go from Dallas and that it was a mistake.

I know you're not picking on him, but we are excited to finally have a real coach that doesn't read his players bedtime stories and gives them time off to bond every week. Jauron was that bad.
While you could argue the OL was equally bad I would say that Thigpen made the limited success KC had possible. The Bills don't have a QB that can pull that off now.

mandal24
09-06-2010, 10:12 PM
Seriously the Bils are a complete joke. It all started with the draft. Everybody and their mother KNEW this team NEEDED a LT desperately, and what do they do? they go with a running back, a "luxury back" i should say. They draft a position which is the deepest on their team! They have one deep threat but no qb or oline to give time to get him the ball. They have no other receivers whatsoever. They lost their best defensive coach and completely switched to a 3-4 which they dont have the personnel for. Theyre star player, Byrd, is battling a bad groin which is never a good thing. Theyre QB is a joke. They play some games in Canada... CANADA!

MnMsGrly00
09-06-2010, 10:12 PM
Jackson wont be back for a while. Sorry. No need to defend Jackson, like I said, I actually think hes your best back. Measuring a running back based on 1,000 yard seasons is an old argument, seems like every running back is doing that these days. You seem to like Lynch more than the Bills FO. Theyve been trying to trade him all off season but no takers. We have the better Oline, Ronnie will be healthy for atleast 1 week so hes automatically the best back in this game and Ricky is the ageless wonder. So I'm sorry, but the Dolphins reign supreme when it comes to running backs in the AFC East!

OH, Jackson wont be back for sure? Funny, I just watched Gaileys press conference and he said the way things were looking Freddy should be ready for week one.

And since when is a 1,000 yard season meaningless? Because the Bills did it last year? Whatever dude. Go ahead and trash our OL all you want but we still produced a good rushing attack last year. Want to know who DIDNT???

Arizona
Atlanta
Chicago
Cleveland
Dallas
Indy
Philly
San Diego

And the list goes on and on. But I got tired of looking. You may have better tackles than us, but our interiour is solid! Our rushing attack will be even better this year. Oh, and the media played up a Lynch trade throughout the entire offseason. If the front office wanted him gone, he would be. Nix has said from day 1, that he was not trading Lynch away.

I promise, Ronnie Brown will not be the best running back in the game on Sunday.

finsfan4life
09-06-2010, 10:17 PM
The funny thing is, if Evans does burn us for a touchdown (he is good enough to do so), whoever is on him will be the worst corner ever, according to some members of finheaven.

Nublar7
09-06-2010, 10:17 PM
OH, Jackson wont be back for sure? Funny, I just watched Gaileys press conference and he said the way things were looking Freddy should be ready for week one.

And since when is a 1,000 yard season meaningless? Because the Bills did it last year? Whatever dude. Go ahead and trash our OL all you want but we still produced a good rushing attack last year. Want to know who DIDNT???

Arizona
Atlanta
Chicago
Cleveland
Dallas
Indy
Philly
San Diego

And the list goes on and on. But I got tired of looking. You may have better tackles than us, but our interiour is solid! Our rushing attack will be even better this year. Oh, and the media played up a Lynch trade throughout the entire offseason. If the front office wanted him gone, he would be. Nix has said from day 1, that he was not trading Lynch away.

I promise, Ronnie Brown will not be the best running back in the game on Sunday.

Brown may not be the best back on Sunday, it might be Ricky.

JBinSD
09-06-2010, 10:21 PM
Lynch was suspended last year for the first 4 games for being an idiot and when he came back Freddy was clearly running the show. Jauron is a dumb *** and pretty much didnt utilize Lynch except to spell Jackson from time to time. Lynch got fat, and was uninterested. This year though, beast mode is finally back. You will find out.

And to be honest, and this is not a knock on your RB's but our guys are going to be one of our greatest assets. We have great depth and Spiller is just icing on the cake. Who care's if the games were meaningless???? He still flashed brilliance against NFL starting defenses. He's one of those guys that can take it to the house whenever the football is in his hands. A lot of people have him as OROY. We shall see sunday. :)

Sorry bro - "Beast Mode" is reserved for this WR that caught 100 passes in three straight seasons. His name escapes me.

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

I'm fine with either being the best back -- so long as they both average 4.5+ yards per carry!

da305kid
09-06-2010, 10:22 PM

are you the homer that was claiming Lynch, Jackson, and Spiller are the better running backs than Ricky and Ronnie???? pffft lol your ground attack and "monsters" arent as effective as the Ricky and Ronnie show, and Your D cannot stop the run effectively, where the Phins are stout upfront Spiller need's 2 Breakaway TD's Lee needs 1 and parrish must take one back to the house(Special TEAMS) for the bills to make this close. I dont think their offense is good enough to drive the football on long sustained drives. So limiting the quick strike is what it comes down to....

MnMsGrly00
09-06-2010, 10:22 PM
While you could argue the OL was equally bad I would say that Thigpen made the limited success KC had possible. The Bills don't have a QB that can pull that off now.

You are kind of proving my point. Thigpen is not a great QB but with the skills he does have he made that offense work. Why because that's how Chan designed it. He created it. He took what he had to work with, Thigpen, and developed an offense that would allow his skills to shine.

This is exactly what he has done with Edwards in Buffalo. Trent could not make the pistol offense work, you're right. But thats because his skills are different. Trent is very accurate on the short and intermediate throws. He gets the ball out of his hand quickly, and makes fast decisions. He can throw the deepball as we have seen, just not as much as most fans would like. I personally think he needs to complete some passes and gain some confidence throughout a game to start taking risks. Gailey is schooling him and creating an environment where he can excel. We shall see if it works.

It doesn't hurt that we have a great trio of RB's.

MnMsGrly00
09-06-2010, 10:25 PM
Sorry bro - "Beast Mode" is reserved for this WR that caught 100 passes in three straight seasons. His name escapes me.

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

I'm fine with either being the best back -- so long as they both average 4.5+ yards per carry!

First of all it's not Bro. But whatev.

Second of all, Lynch is also know as Beast Mode, although I dont expect you to know that.

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

LOL! That actually made me laugh.

I'm hoping its neither. We shall see.

da305kid
09-06-2010, 10:34 PM
You are kind of proving my point. Thigpen is not a great QB but with the skills he does have he made that offense work. Why because that's how Chan designed it. He created it. He took what he had to work with, Thigpen, and developed an offense that would allow his skills to shine.

This is exactly whatpistol offense work, you're right. But thats because his skills are different. Trent is very accurate on the short and intermediate throws. he has done with Edwards in Buffalo. Trent could not make the He gets the ball out of his hand quickly, and makes fast decisions. He can throw the deepball as we have seen, just not as much as most fans would like. I personally think he needs to complete some passes and gain some confidence throughout a game to start taking risks. Gailey is schooling him and creating an environment where he can excel. We shall see if it works.

It doesn't hurt that we have a great trio of RB's.

Trent sucks plain and simple, he gets hit once he worries about the rush instead of keeping his eyess down field and does not get the ball out quickly, unless its a check down, Btw isnt that why buffallo fans last year wanted him axed in favor of fitzpatrick LAST SEASON?. An explosive rookie, a RB with legal/maturity issues who's showed flashes but isnt focused(Lynch), and a Good RB in Jackson thats currently injured doesnt make a great trio....With a piss poor O-Line, its wasted talent.

mandal24
09-06-2010, 10:38 PM

Arizona
Atlanta
Chicago
Cleveland
Dallas
Indy
Philly
San Diego

Whats something u know about all the teams minus cleveland and chicago. They were all really good teams that made the playoffs. Who cares about their run games. A team like the Bills needs to rely heavily on the run game cuz your QB sucks so much.. just like the Jets. Teams like Indy and the Patsies have weak run teams but they dont need good run games cuz of their good qbs

MnMsGrly00
09-06-2010, 10:45 PM
Trent sucks plain and simple, he gets hit once he worries about the rush instead of keeping his eyess down field and does not get the ball out quickly, unless its a check down, Btw isnt that why buffallo fans last year wanted him axed in favor of fitzpatrick LAST SEASON?. An explosive rookie, a RB with legal/maturity issues who's showed flashes but isnt focused(Lynch), and a Good RB in Jackson thats currently injured doesnt make a great trio....With a piss poor O-Line, its wasted talent.

You guys really gotta lay off the bad OL thing. It gets old. Our tackles are bad right now. Our interior is solid! That is where the strength of our line is. Last year we got hit hard with the injury bug. We had 9 different OL combinations throughout the season, yet we still managed to run the ball effectively. This year we will be even better, as everyone will be healthy, and our line has shown chemistry which is important.

Like I have said several times on this board, I have never been a fan of Trent. Ever. Trent was benched last year, and rightfully so. He crawled into a shell and turned into a nightmare for us. However, that has changed this year. We have a good offensive minded coach who seems to be getting the best out of Trent, and when he was at his best, he made quick decisions, getting the ball out of his hands. That is what we have seen in preseason. That's what he flashed as a rookie. Now, he is also extremely injury prone and when he got hit on the chin during the colts game with his helmet coming up over his mouth, I thought for sure he was done. But what did he do? Got up, and threw a 70yrd TD to Evans. I was surprised. He has gained his confidence back and it shows.

As for our RB's whats not to like? Lynch is most definitely focused this season, Freddy will play sunday, and Spiller as you said is explosive. I don't see any problems.

MnMsGrly00
09-06-2010, 10:48 PM
Whats something u know about all the teams minus cleveland and chicago. They were all really good teams that made the playoffs. Who cares about their run games. A team like the Bills needs to rely heavily on the run game cuz your QB sucks so much.. just like the Jets. Teams like Indy and the Patsies have weak run teams but they dont need good run games cuz of their good qbs

Ok, so what is your point? My point has been that our running game is our strength and an asset to our offense. That's all. Teams do what they need to do to win games. We will run the ball.

MnMsGrly00
09-06-2010, 10:55 PM
This is fun guys. Keep it coming! :3w:

mandal24
09-06-2010, 10:55 PM
Ok, so what is your point? My point has been that our running game is our strength and an asset to our offense. That's all. Teams do what they need to do to win games. We will run the ball.

..yea, and lose the majority of them. Just because the running game is your "strength" doesnt mean in actuality it is a strength. You're pass game is soo bad that it may seem as though your run game is in fact a strength. You will be ranked in the bottom tier of teams in passing. Maybe even last. And I see your run game somewhere around 15th to 20th just based on the fact that you will run the ball so damn much.

MnMsGrly00
09-06-2010, 11:03 PM
..yea, and lose the majority of them. Just because the running game is your "strength" doesnt mean in actuality it is a strength. You're pass game is soo bad that it may seem as though your run game is in fact a strength. You will be ranked in the bottom tier of teams in passing. Maybe even last. And I see your run game somewhere around 15th to 20th just based on the fact that you will run the ball so damn much.

Ok so according to you we have no strengths, lmao! Man, I can't wait for sunday. Seriously?

I've already proved what we did with guys off the streets of Buffalo standing in for our OL. Our run game will open up the passing game. Spiller and Roscoe in the slot, Freddy or Lynch in the backfield, Evans and Stevie Johnson out wide. Someone will make a play. You'll see.

PhinsPhan11
09-06-2010, 11:04 PM
The Bills are gong to put up a good game like they usually do fir a while, but Miami will eventually pull away from them. The Bills have some weapons, but there aren't that many that are real threatening. Spiller is the main guy on that offense that may be a problem for our defense. It should be an interesting game.

BuffaloSoldier2
09-06-2010, 11:08 PM

I love how you guys knock Gailey as coordinator. The offensive talent you had was a joke - Jay Fiedler, Lamar Smith, Gadsen. It's a testament to his abilities that he could have made that offense presentable. He is a very good OC and Evans, Spiller, Jackson, and Lynch is more talent than he ever had in Miami.

BuffaloSoldier2
09-06-2010, 11:10 PM

They only thing Marshall goes beast mode on is women. Class individual there.

MnMsGrly00
09-06-2010, 11:11 PM
They only thing Marshall goes beast mode on is women. Class individual there.

Back up has arrived, lol! Thought I was going to get stuck debating these guys alone. :)

Adam First
09-06-2010, 11:14 PM
Nothing about the Bills scares me. Nothing. Except maybe Brian Moorman.

Trent Edwards is Chad Pennington with lower accuracy. CJ Spiller, while a dynamic talent, is still a rookie. He's going to need several weeks to adjust to the game against premier talent. Marshawn Lynch isn't what he was, and Fred Jackson is hobbling. Lee Evans hasn't scored a touchdown against the Dolphins since 2007, and hasn't had a 100+ yard game against us since 2008 (a loss for Buffalo). I don't know who Steve Johnson is, your tight ends are nonexistent, your offensive line is a bunch of turnstiles, your defense has more holes than a fresh slice of Swiss.

With that being said, unless Rian Lindell kicks 10 field goals, I don't see your offense putting up a ton of points.

SebasMiamiFan
09-06-2010, 11:15 PM
Eh.... The Dolphins need to start using the shotgun more and give Henne more control of the offense. I'm sick of this 1980's offense that doesn't really work anymore, especially when your D is not on the the championship winning level of the Giants' D back in the 80's.

Buffalo has the best RB trio in the AFC East. Ronnie is injury prone, Ricky is old, and Cobbs is decent. We will be going RB next year in the draft. Our O-line is good enough where we will have a strong running game with anyone.

SF Dolphin Fan
See I have to disagree with you there, Gailey does exactly that! I"m not saying our offense is dominant, simply that we will be more productive and exciting than last year. Gailey took Thigpen in Kansas City with no OL and created the pistol offense. And what happen? The offense became productive! He did the same thing with Kordell. One of Gaileys major strengths is his ability to adapt to the players on his roster. This offense is going to be better, that's all I'm saying. I agree. You guys aren't there yet, but I expect the Bills to be in a lot of close games. I have a lot of respect for Gailey as a coach.

Prime
Ok so according to you we have no strengths, lmao! Man, I can't wait for sunday. Seriously?

I've already proved what we did with guys off the streets of Buffalo standing in for our OL. Our run game will open up the passing game. Spiller and Roscoe in the slot, Freddy or Lynch in the backfield, Evans and Stevie Johnson out wide. Someone will make a play. You'll see.

And have you meet our weapons? Ronnie and Ricky in the backfield, Marshall and Hartline on the outside with Bess in the slot. Wanna stack the box? Go ahead. Marshall will just make you pay over the top leaving one on one coverage. Wanna double team Marshall? Go ahead. Just leave things open for our other good weapons.

I love how the Bills fans think their offense is all that. LOL!

You have a good running game. Evens is a good deep threat but you really dont have much after that.

mandal24
09-06-2010, 11:16 PM

Thats exactly what Im saying. Seriously Parrish is a failure. Lynch has a low ypc and seriously, who the f is Stevie Johnson?! lmao

mandal24
09-06-2010, 11:17 PM

Trent Edwards is Chad Pennington with lower accuracy. CJ Spiller, while a dynamic talent, is still a rookie. He's going to need several weeks to adjust to the game against premier talent. Marshawn Lynch isn't what he was, and Fred Jackson is hobbling. Lee Evans hasn't scored a touchdown against the Dolphins since 2007, and hasn't had a 100+ yard game against us since 2008 (a loss for Buffalo). I don't know who Steve Johnson is, your tight ends are nonexistent, your offensive line is a bunch of turnstiles, your defense has more holes than a fresh slice of Swiss.

With that being said, unless Rian Lindell kicks 10 field goals, I don't see your offense putting up a ton of points.

This.

BuffaloSoldier2
09-06-2010, 11:18 PM

Yet, we somehow scored 31 last time we played. But it was all luck. Stay cocky.

SebasMiamiFan
09-06-2010, 11:19 PM
Dolphin fans shouldn't be cocky at all. We are not on the level of the Colts or Saints. We are a solid team that will squeak by every team we play. We are a blue collar playoff team.

Adam First
09-06-2010, 11:24 PM
Yet, we somehow scored 31 last time we played. But it was all luck. Stay cocky.

I will.
You scored 24 points in the final quarter after being down 14-7, with one of those touchdowns coming from Terrell Owens.

Terrell Owens at 36 is still better than Lee Evans today. And TO plays for the Bengals now, I'm sure you've heard. You also got a complete fluke of a touchdown from Ryan Fitzpatrick's bootleg thanks to Paul Pasqualoni's inability to call a proper defense. But give credit where credit is due, yes, you rolled off a ton of points on us thanks to Chad Henne's turnovers and Paul Pasqualoni being an inept stooge.

That was then, this is now, my friend. I'm confidently saying our defense will be better this year, as will Chad Henne.

BuffaloSoldier2
09-06-2010, 11:26 PM
Dolphin fans shouldn't be cocky at all. We are not on the level of the Colts or Saints. We are a solid team that will squeak by every team we play. We are a blue collar playoff team.

Well said. I can honestly see you guys going any where from 6-10 to 10-6. But that's a lot of teams in this league without an elite QB.

The trash talk is fun but I really do believe this is going to be a very close game. And the talk of Buffalo being the worst team in the league is flat out retarded. So don't feel too bad after you start 0-1. :)

PhinsPhan11
09-06-2010, 11:27 PM
This team has no reason to be cocky. I don't think we should have any problems with the Bills, but the final score will be a little closer than what we are expecting.

MnMsGrly00
09-06-2010, 11:27 PM

You don't have to be afraid of Buffalo but I promise you that your team is NOT overlooking us. No weapons huh? That's hilarious. I love fans like you because when it comes game time you look like a fool.

Spiller is a huge threat. Running back is the easiest position to transition into coming out of college. Just like San Diego is giving the reigns to Ryan Matthews without worry, buffalo is definitely NOT worried about CJ. He's way more explosive than Matthews, and has already flashed in the preseason. We know he can do it. You'll meet him Sunday.

Lynch took 1 season off, as opposed to how many Ricky Williams took off to smoke weed??? Lynch was not himself last year, but he's back and more focused than ever this year. Most people think he's excited with the playbook.

Freddy is not hobbled, lol! The cast is off his hand, and right now he's got a brace on it. But he practiced this week and coach says he's on track to play Sunday.

Lee Evans always burns you guys, and I would not be surprised to see it happen again this week.

Our OL is not nearly as bad as the whole entire world makes it out to be. If it was, there is no way Nix, Whaley, and Gailey would have simply ignored it. They are not stupid. Gailey knows what he needs to make his offense work, and it will work.

As for our defense, it's not nearly as bad as you'd like to believe. We were top of the league in INTs, and the number 2 passing defense. Yeah our run defense was weak, but we got some guys to help with that...namely, Dwan Edwards, Troup, and Andra Davis. We will be better.

marino13882
09-06-2010, 11:30 PM
Well said. I can honestly see you guys going any where from 6-10 to 10-6. But that's a lot of teams in this league without an elite QB.

The trash talk is fun but I really do believe this is going to be a very close game. And the talk of Buffalo being the worst team in the league is flat out retarded. So don't feel too bad after you start 0-1. :)

I agree, just some good old smack talk between two bitter rivals :)

Should be another excellent game between Buffalo and Miami, that could go either way.

MnMsGrly00
09-06-2010, 11:39 PM
And have you meet our weapons? Ronnie and Ricky in the backfield, Marshall and Hartline on the outside with Bess in the slot. Wanna stack the box? Go ahead. Marshall will just make you pay over the top leaving one on one coverage. Wanna double team Marshall? Go ahead. Just leave things open for our other good weapons.

I love how the Bills fans think their offense is all that. LOL!

You have a good running game. Evens is a good deep threat but you really dont have much after that.

Where in any of my posts did I claim Buffalo's offense to be all that? I don't think we will be dominant, but we have some weapons, a coach who actually has a clue this year, and we are coming in extremely confident. This team is united and we will play that way on Sunday.

Our offenses are kind of similiar, in that if you stack the box, Evans or Parrish or Spiller or Stevie is going to get open and catch the ball. If you don't stack the box, we will call plays to run it down your throat.

This game may come down to the QB and defense. I pick my guys to get the turnovers. We've already done it against Peyton Manning and Stafford for 2 pick 6's. How bout you?

Adam First
09-06-2010, 11:40 PM
You don't have to be afraid of Buffalo but I promise you that your team is NOT overlooking us. No weapons huh? That's hilarious. I love fans like you because when it comes game time you look like a fool.

Spiller is a huge threat. Running back is the easiest position to transition into coming out of college. Just like San Diego is giving the reigns to Ryan Matthews without worry, buffalo is definitely NOT worried about CJ. He's way more explosive than Matthews, and has already flashed in the preseason. We know he can do it. You'll meet him Sunday.

Lynch took 1 season off, as opposed to how many Ricky Williams took off to smoke weed??? Lynch was not himself last year, but he's back and more focused than ever this year. Most people think he's excited with the playbook.

Freddy is not hobbled, lol! The cast is off his hand, and right now he's got a brace on it. But he practiced this week and coach says he's on track to play Sunday.

Lee Evans always burns you guys, and I would not be surprised to see it happen again this week.

Our OL is not nearly as bad as the whole entire world makes it out to be. If it was, there is no way Nix, Whaley, and Gailey would have simply ignored it. They are not stupid. Gailey knows what he needs to make his offense work, and it will work.

As for our defense, it's not nearly as bad as you'd like to believe. We were top of the league in INTs, and the number 2 passing defense. Yeah our run defense was weak, but we got some guys to help with that...namely, Dwan Edwards, Troup, and Andra Davis. We will be better.

Ryan Mathews was drafted by the Chargers because he fits their running scheme like a glove. I can run in the Chargers offense. Ricky comment is below the belt, at least he doesn't beat his wife.

Last year, Lee Evans had 2 catches for 60 yards in the 38-10 victory, and had 2 catches for 40 yards in the 31-14 loss. If that's a burn, then give me a band aid.

Not afraid of your ragtag group of journeymen on your offensive and defensive lines either. Dwan Edwards is a better fit for our defense rather than yours, Andra Davis hasn't been good in four years, and I don't know who Terrell Troup is. Not to mention your current defensive coordinator, George Edwards, wasn't probably the greatest choice. His only other coordinator gig was in 2003 with the Washington Redskins where their defense was ranked near the bottom of the league in every statistical category...plus I believe Washington ran a 4-3 during that time too.

Sure, you have lofty expectations, so do we, but at least ours are realistic.

DaBills4life
09-06-2010, 11:57 PM
Did they play yet?

Prime
09-07-2010, 12:06 AM
Where in any of my posts did I claim Buffalo's offense to be all that? I don't think we will be dominant, but we have some weapons, a coach who actually has a clue this year, and we are coming in extremely confident. This team is united and we will play that way on Sunday.

Our offenses are kind of similiar, in that if you stack the box, Evans or Parrish or Spiller or Stevie is going to get open and catch the ball. If you don't stack the box, we will call plays to run it down your throat.

This game may come down to the QB and defense. I pick my guys to get the turnovers. We've already done it against Peyton Manning and Stafford for 2 pick 6's. How bout you?

Last I checked, our defense was pretty damn good against the run, so dont make it out like its gonna be easy. Pass defense, not so confident about. Dont even care you have mr check down as your QB.

MnMsGrly00
09-07-2010, 12:12 AM
Last I checked, our defense was pretty damn good against the run, so dont make it out like its gonna be easy. Pass defense, not so confident about. Dont even care you have mr check down as your QB.

It's not going to be easy. That is entirely my point. Most dolphin fans act as if their team doesn't even have to line up on Sunday. But you do. It's not going to be a blowout either way.

a1csiriaS
09-07-2010, 12:17 AM

Damn dude you need to layoff whatever it is your smoking to come to a rivals board and say that your just asking for it. Lynch is one infraction away from a long suspension, spiller hasnt played a real nfl game in his life there for you dont know what you got in him yeah people can hype him up imo he's another reggie bush and jackson well jackson is the only good rb you got so dont say you have the best rb in the afc causse you are wrong. Now Im not a homer but the Dolphins have the best RB's in the AFC East IMO ricky,ronnie,patrrick and lex none of them are rookies all have seen game action and they all look legit nuff said!

Prime
09-07-2010, 12:20 AM
It's not going to be easy. That is entirely my point. Most dolphin fans act as if their team doesn't even have to line up on Sunday. But you do. It's not going to be a blowout either way.

This game could go either way.The fans who think this is an easy win forgot to take off their homer glasses. Not meaning to sound like captain obvious but every game could go either way, regardless of each teams records. Im defiantly not overlooking the Bills. I mean this is the NFL for God's sake. Anything can happen.

Adam First
09-07-2010, 12:24 AM
The Dolphins will not lose this Sunday. It's not much of a guarantee, but it is one.

If by some unlikely reason we do lose, you can come back here and serve me a big ol' plate of Buffalo crow. I can take it. If not, we can both move on and you can come back down here in Week 15 when you're 1-12 or 0-13.

MnMsGrly00
09-07-2010, 12:26 AM
Ryan Mathews was drafted by the Chargers because he fits their running scheme like a glove. I can run in the Chargers offense. Ricky comment is below the belt, at least he doesn't beat his wife.

Last year, Lee Evans had 2 catches for 60 yards in the 38-10 victory, and had 2 catches for 40 yards in the 31-14 loss. If that's a burn, then give me a band aid.

Not afraid of your ragtag group of journeymen on your offensive and defensive lines either. Dwan Edwards is a better fit for our defense rather than yours, Andra Davis hasn't been good in four years, and I don't know who Terrell Troup is. Not to mention your current defensive coordinator, George Edwards, wasn't probably the greatest choice. His only other coordinator gig was in 2003 with the Washington Redskins where their defense was ranked near the bottom of the league in every statistical category...plus I believe Washington ran a 4-3 during that time too.

Sure, you have lofty expectations, so do we, but at least ours are realistic.

I don't have lofty expectations. My expectations are that we will go into every game with a fighting chance. Do I feel better about our chances verses Miami than say week 2 in Green Bay??? Uh yeah lol!

Our offensive line is not a group of journeymen either. Both guards came from the 1st and 2nd rounds of the 2009 NFL draft. Our LT who is getting better and better is an undrafted free agent from 2008. So Hangman and Cornell come from another team. What about you guys? I'd almost venture to say you've got some guys that have been around the league a bit. Incognito is one of them.

And yeah Evans may not have scored a TD against you guys, but he sure seems to take chunks of yardage from you guys when he wants it. I don't mind that at all.

Our defense is a work in progress, a lot like yours. Both have new schemes and new coaches. And don't get all excited about Nolan, his defense had an epic collapse last season even with the sack leader playing for him.

What are your expecations exactly??? Playoffs?

MnMsGrly00
09-07-2010, 12:28 AM
The Dolphins will not lose this Sunday. It's not much of a guarantee, but it is one.

If by some unlikely reason we do lose, you can come back here and serve me a big ol' plate of Buffalo crow. I can take it. If not, we can both move on and you can come back down here in Week 15 when you're 1-12 or 0-13.

Glad to see you are willing to man up if you have to.

I don't mind coming back here and wishing you luck should you win on sunday.

Technically, we got 5 days and counting!

MnMsGrly00
09-07-2010, 12:34 AM
Damn dude you need to layoff whatever it is your smoking to come to a rivals board and say that your just asking for it. Lynch is one infraction away from a long suspension, spiller hasnt played a real nfl game in his life there for you dont know what you got in him yeah people can hype him up imo he's another reggie bush and jackson well jackson is the only good rb you got so dont say you have the best rb in the afc causse you are wrong. Now Im not a homer but the Dolphins have the best RB's in the AFC East IMO ricky,ronnie,patrrick and lex none of them are rookies all have seen game action and they all look legit nuff said!

First of all, don't call me dude. Take a look at the user name.

I'm just asking for it? What am I asking for? A debate? Well I already got that. You're late.

If you want to talk about trouble, Marshall isn't too far from a long suspension himself, now is he? I dont compare Spiller to anyone. He is a unique talent all his own. The dude can flat out fly and make people miss. You will see this on Sunday. Jackson is a good running back as we all witnessed with our patchwork OL last season. He's never averaged less than 4.4 yards per carry. Ever. Lynch is a probowl running back who has come back this season with a new coach, a clean slate, and a creative playbook. He's entirely focused. This you will also see on Sunday.

Your backs are good....no doubt. But Spiller is being talked about for OROY. He's THAT explosive. We've seen the flashes in preseason against starting defenses. Hard to pick against that. And I'd venture to guess that at the end of the year, my 3 guys are the top 3 backs in the AFC east.

Adam First
09-07-2010, 12:35 AM
I don't have lofty expectations. My expectations are that we will go into every game with a fighting chance. Do I feel better about our chances verses Miami than say week 2 in Green Bay??? Uh yeah lol!

Our offensive line is not a group of journeymen either. Both guards came from the 1st and 2nd rounds of the 2009 NFL draft. Our LT who is getting better and better is an undrafted free agent from 2008. So Hangman and Cornell come from another team. What about you guys? I'd almost venture to say you've got some guys that have been around the league a bit. Incognito is one of them.

And yeah Evans may not have scored a TD against you guys, but he sure seems to take chunks of yardage from you guys when he wants it. I don't mind that at all.

Our defense is a work in progress, a lot like yours. Both have new schemes and new coaches. And don't get all excited about Nolan, his defense had an epic collapse last season even with the sack leader playing for him.

What are your expecations exactly??? Playoffs?

Jake Long and Vernon Carey are hardly journeymen. John Jerry looks to be a long-term starter and it's either or with Grove and Berger at center. Incognito is at least a proven commodity in the run game.

Our defense has much, much, much more talent...I'd take Posluszny over Crowder and MAYBE Whitner over Clemons but nobody else. Your team lost your only true defensive weapon when Aaron Schobel quit. I have all the right in the world to get excited for Mike Nolan, he's one of the best defensive minds in the game. Nolan's defense collapsed because Josh McDaniels' ego got in the way and would not let him run the defense his way. He won't have that problem here...if Sparano never interfered with that clown Pasqualoni, he won't mess with Nolan.

We'll have a winning season, 2nd behind the Patriots. AFC is freaking stacked, I'm not guaranteeing playoffs.

At the end of the day for me, I don't care if we go 2-14 as long as the two wins are against the Jest. I have no real gripes with the Bills, you've been the division punching bag save for 2007 for a long time now.

Rhinocoach
09-07-2010, 12:38 AM

We have the best RB's in the AFC east.I find it funny that just because Spiller has the speed to get around the corner he now is afraid to run between the tackles?!?!?!

here is some references.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Wf0kC-w9lU

and no. as Bills fans we are not worried about if or when Freddy comes back. he is great but only one RB can carry the ball at a time. Lynch will be fine if Jackson can't start on sunday.

But the best part of all of this is the part where the Dolphin corners cover Evans, or Parrish or Spiller.
for petes sake we practice against better corners than the fish can field.

hooshoops
09-07-2010, 12:40 AM
if i'm lee evans i'm in the ocs office all this week after watching tape praying they put in some plays where i can get one on one with jason allen vertical...i don't even think chris clemons play factors into it to them...i wouldn't even count on chris clemons being near the ball...i'd attack the hell out of it

hooshoops
09-07-2010, 12:43 AM
First of all, don't call me dude. Take a look at the user name.

I'm just asking for it? What am I asking for? A debate? Well I already got that. You're late.

If you want to talk about trouble, Marshall isn't too far from a long suspension himself, now is he? I dont compare Spiller to anyone. He is a unique talent all his own. The dude can flat out fly and make people miss. You will see this on Sunday. Jackson is a good running back as we all witnessed with our patchwork OL last season. He's never averaged less than 4.4 yards per carry. Ever. Lynch is a probowl running back who has come back this season with a new coach, a clean slate, and a creative playbook. He's entirely focused. This you will also see on Sunday.

Your backs are good....no doubt. But Spiller is being talked about for OROY. He's THAT explosive. We've seen the flashes in preseason against starting defenses. Hard to pick against that. And I'd venture to guess that at the end of the year, my 3 guys are the top 3 backs in the AFC east.

no homerism there...lol

Adam First
Terrence McGee is not better than Vontae Davis...and I'd take Jason Allen or Sean Smith over Drayton Florence. Roscoe Parrish has been on your team for 5 years and has done nothing to worry about. I've already pitched my argument against Evans (nonexistant against Dolphins in 2 years) and Spiller (rookie).

Rhinocoach
Jake Long and Vernon Carey are hardly journeymen. John Jerry looks to be a long-term starter and it's either or with Grove and Berger at center. Incognito is at least a proven commodity in the run game.

Our defense has much, much, much more talent...I'd take Posluszny over Crowder and MAYBE Whitner over Clemons but nobody else. Your team lost your only true defensive weapon when Aaron Schobel quit. I have all the right in the world to get excited for Mike Nolan, he's one of the best defensive minds in the game. Nolan's defense collapsed because Josh McDaniels' ego got in the way and would not let him run the defense his way. He won't have that problem here...if Sparano never interfered with that clown Pasqualoni, he won't mess with Nolan.

We'll have a winning season, 2nd behind the Patriots. AFC is freaking stacked, I'm not guaranteeing playoffs.

At the end of the day for me, I don't care if we go 2-14 as long as the two wins are against the Jest. I have no real gripes with the Bills, you've been the division punching bag save for 2007 for a long time now.really, nothing else on D????
McGee, Florence, McKelvin, Byrd...
Guy got ripped off for the Defensive ROTY by some roid freak but you forgot he was on the field.

ya, we need to improve on run D and pass rushing. no arguement. but I don't see too many perfect D's in the league.

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-lounge/videos/Corner-Pick-Six/bf125678-5c41-43c8-bb20-af393c29ec68

hooshoops
09-07-2010, 12:44 AM
Terrence McGee is not better than Vontae Davis...and I'd take Jason Allen or Sean Smith over Drayton Florence. Roscoe Parrish has been on your team for 5 years and has done nothing to worry about. I've already pitched my argument against Evans (nonexistant against Dolphins in 2 years) and Spiller (rookie).

ehhh...not sure i would...

SRM
09-07-2010, 12:51 AM
Glad to see you are willing to man up if you have to.

I don't mind coming back here and wishing you luck should you win on sunday.

Technically, we got 5 days and counting!

Just make sure you're all back here if you lose! You all came here on our board to trash talk, some just to say "lolol Spiller lololol, we win" I'm sure there's some from a board you post on that are here right now .. make sure they all show.

MnMsGrly00
no homerism there...lol

LOL maybe so, but I was being serious that I think at the end of the season after all is said and done our 3 guys will have proven to be the top 3 backs in the league. I just think they will produce more so than anyone else. Your team will be the biggest threat to that prediction.

Adam First
Jairus Byrd had a fluke of a rookie season, an Antonio Cromartie-like performance that will not be repeated. He had 6 of his 9 interceptions in three weeks against the following quarterbacks:

Rookie Mark Sanchez, who got picked off 6 times and was generally abused by the Buffalo defense
Jake Delhomme, the interception machine
and
Matt Schaub, the turnover-prone gunslinger

Only two more interceptions in the next six games and was a nonfactor down the stretch.

MnMsGrly00
09-07-2010, 12:52 AM
Just make sure you're all back here if you lose! You all came here on our board to trash talk, some just to say "lolol Spiller lololol, we win" I'm sure there's some from a board you post on that are here right now .. make sure they all show.

I don't know all of them, lol! 1 or 2 look familiar. I will definitely be back, win or lose.

hooshoops
09-07-2010, 12:56 AM
LOL maybe so, but I was being serious that I think at the end of the season after all is said and done our 3 guys will have proven to be the top 3 backs in the league. I just think they will produce more so than anyone else. Your team will be the biggest threat to that prediction.

and i'd have to call that plain homerism...to be honest

MnMsGrly00
09-07-2010, 12:59 AM
Jairus Byrd had a fluke of a rookie season, an Antonio Cromartie-like performance that will not be repeated. He had 6 of his 9 interceptions in three weeks against the following quarterbacks:

Rookie Mark Sanchez, who got picked off 6 times and was generally abused by the Buffalo defense
and

Only two more interceptions in the next six games and was a nonfactor down the stretch.

Byrd didn't even start a game until week 3, played injured pretty much the whole season and played in a total of 14 games. He was a rookie who went to the probowl and was up for DROY. That doesn't just happen on accident. This kid has supreme ball skills, elite even. His run defense is something he needs to work on, we will see this year if he has. ANYONE who puts those stats up is impressive. I don't care what the situation is. But like I told a Jets fan, I don't expect you to give him props, the prowbowl speaks for itself. This kid is special.

Don't interpret this as me saying he will repeat, haha...he won't. I'm betting on 4-5 INTs this year.

SRM
09-07-2010, 01:00 AM
I don't know all of them, lol! 1 or 2 look familiar. I will definitely be back, win or lose.

Feel free to not come back if we lose though, I'm sure 90% of us will be unable to respond due to bullets somehow entering our heads.

MnMsGrly00
09-07-2010, 01:00 AM
and i'd have to call that plain homerism...to be honest

I should edit that. I didn't mean in the league, I meant in the AFC east. And let me guess, you think it will be your guys? Not really surprising.

Rhinocoach
09-07-2010, 01:02 AM

and

Only two more interceptions in the next six games and was a nonfactor down the stretch.nice, you managed to tie in a "sophmore slump" with inflated #'s.
I'm sure you accused Brady of getting the majority of his TD's in "garbage time" as well to inflate his #'s.
Whatever lets you get to sleep at night.

Adam First
09-07-2010, 01:04 AM
Yeremiah Bell went to the Pro Bowl as well, I don't consider him the greatest safety in the AFC.

Pro Bowl is a popularity contest, Byrd went in on the fan vote because of his highlights on SportsCenter...the guys chosen by coaches over Byrd, Antoine Bethea and Brandon Merriweather, are much, much better...

Rhinocoach
09-07-2010, 01:04 AM
Feel free to not come back if we lose though, I'm sure 90% of us will be unable to respond due to bullets somehow entering our heads.
Honestly, you can't really be that surprised or shocked when you loose in Buffalo????

hooshoops
09-07-2010, 01:05 AM
I should edit that. I didn't mean in the league, I meant in the AFC east. And let me guess, you think it will be your guys? Not really surprising.

no i don't...i'm no homer...i think you guys have 2 solid backs in jackson and spiller...i think lynch is working his way out of the league...

spiller is gonna win you some games this year and even though i think your oline is meh i think spiller goes for 10 or more all purpose tds...love him

imo if healthy though the best all around rb is ronnie brown in the afc east...he just has to stay healthy

shonn green is no joke also...

Adam First
09-07-2010, 01:05 AM
nice, you managed to tie in a "sophmore slump" with inflated #'s.
I'm sure you accused Brady of getting the majority of his TD's in "garbage time" as well to inflate his #'s.
Whatever lets you get to sleep at night.

What are you talking about?

Rhinocoach
09-07-2010, 01:09 AM
Yeremiah Bell went to the Pro Bowl as well, I don't consider him the greatest safety in the AFC.

Pro Bowl is a popularity contest, Byrd went in on the fan vote because of his highlights on SportsCenter...the guys chosen by coaches over Byrd, Antoine Bethea and Brandon Merriweather, are much, much better...
I completely agree with the popularity contest statement. Jason Peters blocked like a turnstille and he went to ProBowls.
Byrd didn't play the entire season. he made those numbers in only 14 games.

http://www.nfl.com/players/jairusbyrd/profile?id=BYR449897

SRM
09-07-2010, 01:10 AM
Honestly, you can't really be that surprised or shocked when you loose in Buffalo????

I wouldn't necessarily be shocked, but it would suck pretty bad. It's not so much the fact that it would be losing to you guys, but it's the fact that it would show that we're going to be off to a slow start again, and on the road to a very brutal first half of the schedule. We can't afford to not come out strong this year.

MnMsGrly00
09-07-2010, 01:13 AM

At the end of the day for me, I don't care if we go 2-14 as long as the two wins are against the Jest. I have no real gripes with the Bills, you've been the division punching bag save for 2007 for a long time now.

Wow, see this blows my mind. You wouldn't take the 2nd ranked secondary in the league?

Who are your safeties???? Whitner, Byrd, George Wilson and even Bryan Scott are better than anyone you have. Our safeties combined had 4 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, and an insane number of INTs. How did your safeties produce last year?

And our corners didn't play much worse. We have a strong secondary, with really good depth players.

Vontae Davis is gonna be a player for you guys. But really who else is back there???? Sean Smith isnt even starting.

We are weak at the LB spot except for Poz and Davis. Davis had 90 tackles and 3 INTs last season. He will help us in the middle.

Other than that we are a work in progress with the new scheme. But really...you guys aren't leaps and bounds ahead of us. You were better in run defense and we excelled in passing defense.

Rhinocoach
09-07-2010, 01:15 AM
What are you talking about?

and

first off you state that he will not repeat his play from last season (sophmore slump).
then you dismissed his #'s by saying anyone could do that against those QB's... funny, the fish played those QB's as many times yet your S's didn't put up those #'s?????
Byrd didn't play in the sitting duck Colts game. he would have had three more in that game alone.

I just assumed that if you dismiss Byrds stats so easilly you would also dismiss other players stats just as easilly...

Rhinocoach
09-07-2010, 01:18 AM
I wouldn't necessarily be shocked, but it would suck pretty bad. It's not so much the fact that it would be losing to you guys, but it's the fact that it would show that we're going to be off to a slow start again, and on the road to a very brutal first half of the schedule. We can't afford to not come out strong this year.
think how we feel. even if we make a statement on sunday the Bills have to play the Packers in thier home oppener the next week.
Talk about a reality check.

MnMsGrly00
09-07-2010, 01:19 AM

So you have an argument that it is a popularity contest. But I dont understand how you can discount this kids skill. He made those plays in 14 games, injured, and didn't even start till week 3 as a rookie. Most people acknowledge that. But you're a dolphin fan.

Adam First
09-07-2010, 01:19 AM
You can thank perry fewell for that 2nd ranked pass defense...he's no longer there either.

MnMsGrly00
09-07-2010, 01:20 AM
first off you state that he will not repeat his play from last season (sophmore slump).
then you dismissed his #'s by saying anyone could do that against those QB's... funny, the fish played those QB's as many times yet your S's didn't put up those #'s?????
Byrd didn't play in the sitting duck Colts game. he would have had three more in that game alone.

I just assumed that if you dismiss Byrds stats so easilly you would also dismiss other players stats just as easilly...

Thank you. Good post.

SRM
09-07-2010, 01:20 AM
Wow, see this blows my mind. You wouldn't take the 2nd ranked secondary in the league?

Who are your safeties???? Whitner, Byrd, George Wilson and even Bryan Scott are better than anyone you have. Our safeties combined had 4 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, and an insane number of INTs. How did your safeties produce last year?

And our corners didn't play much worse. We have a strong secondary, with really good depth players.

Vontae Davis is gonna be a player for you guys. But really who else is back there???? Sean Smith isnt even starting.

We are weak at the LB spot except for Poz and Davis. Davis had 90 tackles and 3 INTs last season. He will help us in the middle.

Other than that we are a work in progress with the new scheme. But really...you guys aren't leaps and bounds ahead of us. You were better in run defense and we excelled in passing defense.

He's probably referring more to our front 7. It's no secret that our secondary is a HUGE question mark aside from Davis and Bell. But across the front 7, we're shaping up to be pretty damn mean, which should help that question mark portion of our secondary.

SRM
09-07-2010, 01:22 AM
think how we feel. even if we make a statement on sunday the Bills have to play the Packers in thier home oppener the next week.
Talk about a reality check.

Yeah, I feel ya. I'd be just as worried about the Vikes but obviously they don't have all their guys that made them who they were last season. Still a tough one for us though. Especially if Jake isn't 100%.. oh boy.

MnMsGrly00
09-07-2010, 01:23 AM
You can thank perry fewell for that 2nd ranked pass defense...he's no longer there either.

But our DB coach is still here from the past few years, and so are our players. We won't repeat, but we'll be just fine. That's one position I don't worry about. :)

And actually the one thing Jauron gets credit for is our secondary. That's the one thing he was really good at lol! You should have seen Bills fans when he picked Byrd in the second round. Most were in shock. But we're thankful now.

MnMsGrly00
09-07-2010, 01:24 AM
He's probably referring more to our front 7. It's no secret that our secondary is a HUGE question mark aside from Davis and Bell. But across the front 7, we're shaping up to be pretty damn mean, which should help that question mark portion of our secondary.

A stronger pass rush should help. Who is your starting front 7. Thats a serious question, I dont know all of them yet.

mandal24
09-07-2010, 01:27 AM
Going back to who has the supreme RBs... Im pretty sure the Dolphins had the #1 rushing attack through like half the season... Maybe longer.. Then Ronnie went down to injury and we fell to top 5. An over the hill 30+ year old Ricky kept us going, with Lex Hilliard- a guy with absolute no vision coming in and doing good things. And to think we upgraded now with Jerry in there, plus Marshalls in there now as an elite talent so teams cant stack the box.. Fins will have a top 3 rushing attack.. Teams will have 9 in the box against the Bills. Bills will finish around 10th in the league in rushing, mostly because they will run an excessive amount but once they fall behind in games cuz of their weak D, they will have no choice but to air it out, and that will be a disaster (Us fin fans know all too well from the 07 season.)

SRM
09-07-2010, 01:28 AM
A stronger pass rush should help. Who is your starting front 7. Thats a serious question, I dont know all of them yet.

-WOLB Cameron Wake
-SILB Karlos Dansby
-Mike LB Channing Crowder (should be ready to go for Buffalo, if not him, Tim Dobbins)
-SOLB Ike Francis (Very stout against the run, Koa Misi will sub in for him on passing downs)
-RE Jared Odrick
-NT Randy Starks (Could be a question against physical olines, he gets a ton of penetration though)
-LE Kendall Langford (Very, very underrated. Stout against the run, not too much of a pass rusher)

Added notes for those you probably don't know much about.

tony0021
09-07-2010, 01:35 AM
well 1 thing for sure is that ill be rooting for the bills against either the pats or jets. actually i kinda forgot we were playing the bills next week. i was looking towards the vikings

mandal24
09-07-2010, 01:36 AM
Our front 7 is fierce. Randy starks compares to jay ratliff, Langford is a poor mans ty warren, odrick is a question mark but should be at the very least serviceable, Ike is Matt Roth 2.0, Misi is Vrabel-like, Crowder is similar to the Bills A. Davis, Wake is Dumervil-like (yea hes that good in my eyes- no homer)

Rhinocoach
09-07-2010, 01:42 AM
Yeah, I feel ya. I'd be just as worried about the Vikes but obviously they don't have all their guys that made them who they were last season. Still a tough one for us though. Especially if Jake isn't 100%.. oh boy.you get a fresh Farvre. we don't have to worry about him untill week 13.
With any luck he has his foot up in a cast by then.

Rhinocoach
09-07-2010, 01:45 AM
Our front 7 is fierce. Randy starks compares to jay ratliff, Langford is a poor mans ty warren, odrick is a question mark but should be at the very least serviceable, Ike is Matt Roth 2.0, Misi is Vrabel-like, Crowder is similar to the Bills A. Davis, Wake is Dumervil-like (yea hes that good in my eyes- no homer)I know you have been told a million times about our O-line, but that is really misleading. In reality it is only our T's that suck. the interior is quite solid.
I am counting on Gaily to design protection like this to keep our passing game alive...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0Z4RlA7yZ4

Rhinocoach
09-07-2010, 01:47 AM
Our front 7 is fierce. Randy starks compares to jay ratliff, Langford is a poor mans ty warren, odrick is a question mark but should be at the very least serviceable, Ike is Matt Roth 2.0, Misi is Vrabel-like, Crowder is similar to the Bills A. Davis, Wake is Dumervil-like (yea hes that good in my eyes- no homer)I hate the bias against the CFL players. I was surprised it took Wake that long to be your go-to guy.

mandal24
09-07-2010, 02:08 AM
Our coaches "babied" him along last year. He was supposedly bad against the run so he was only put in on sure passing downs and his numbers were staggering (it was on profootballfocus.com) so hopefully as a full time starter he'll get to rush the passer a lot more

JRoX85
09-07-2010, 10:46 AM
Wow this is a lot better than debating with Jets fans LOL, at least there is sense here... To say you have the best running attack in the division is a giant overstatement, Spiller is highly unproven and most of his breakout runs in preseason came against third stringers trying to make the cut.. He wont get around the corner much verses our D, and his small frame could have its limitations to our thumping D..

Lynch seriously give me a break the guy was a one year wonder, who cant get himself out of his own way.

Minus you C your O-line blows massive T-bags, and dont even try debating how good your interior line is. Our backups would start for you

You have us in the pass D I will give you that, we haven't had a good pas D in yrs lol (we are getting better though)

And I am worried about Mr Check down, bc it always seems whenever a team runs a screen on us we give up 30 yrds

it will be a very close game and probably another nail biter but in the end we are pulling for our finz just as much as you are pullin for your bills

SA_BUTTA
09-07-2010, 01:19 PM
Ronnie Brown 2009 in only 9 games
CAR147
YDS648
AVG4.4
TDS8

Ricky Wiliams 2009
CAR241YDS1,121
AVG4.7
TDS11

Fred Jackson 2009
CAR237YDS1,062
AVG4.5
TDS2

Marshawn Lynch
CAR120YDS450
AVG3.8
TDS2

Trouble finding the Endzone much???
Adding CJ Spiller does not give you the edge either...unproven college back thus far.

kud
09-07-2010, 01:28 PM
Yeah but he'd have to catch 5 of em to answer our 30+ burger we're gonna put on em.

Fintastic2124
09-07-2010, 01:37 PM
I can't wait til we're in the season 4 games and the Jills are 0-4 so the Jill trolls will stay on their own forums.

MnMsGrly00
09-07-2010, 01:57 PM
Wow this is a lot better than debating with Jets fans LOL, at least there is sense here... To say you have the best running attack in the division is a giant overstatement, Spiller is highly unproven and most of his breakout runs in preseason came against third stringers trying to make the cut.. He wont get around the corner much verses our D, and his small frame could have its limitations to our thumping D..

Lynch seriously give me a break the guy was a one year wonder, who cant get himself out of his own way.

Minus you C your O-line blows massive T-bags, and dont even try debating how good your interior line is. Our backups would start for you

You have us in the pass D I will give you that, we haven't had a good pas D in yrs lol (we are getting better though)

And I am worried about Mr Check down, bc it always seems whenever a team runs a screen on us we give up 30 yrds

it will be a very close game and probably another nail biter but in the end we are pulling for our finz just as much as you are pullin for your bills

This is just a silly post. We need to clear some things up. LOL, I'm actually laughing. You're funny.

Spiller played the entire preseason with the STARTERS. He was NEVER in there once the backups went into the game. Unlike the fins, our offense showed some chemistry throughout the games and our coach didn't have to play our starters into the 3rd quarter of the FOURTH preseason game. haha...but nice try. If you'd like I can post his stats, along with the guys who tackled him, just so you can see for yourself. Spiller is a threat, no matter which way you try to slice it. This kid was the best playmaker of the entire draft!!! I hope your players think he is as "unproven" as you do because he'll be in the endzone when the light finally comes on for them.

You wanna talk Marshawn Lynch? Ok. Last year was a down year for him. He was suspended the first 4 games and when he got back Freddy Jackson was already running the show. Lynch has only been in the league 3 years. His first 2 years, including his rookie season, he rushed for over a 1000 yards. His second year he did it again and went to the probowl. Once in the probowl, he led the game in rushing yards. In his first 2 years he scored 7, and 8 touchdowns. He doesn't have a problem finding the endzone.

As for our OL, your backups would start for us? LMAO Riiiiiight. Dude are you this ignorant or just misinformed? Our interior o-line is comprised of two guards from the 1st and 2nd rounds of the 2009 draft. The 28th and 51st overall picks. They have come in from day 1 as rookies and solidified the interior with Hangman a heady vet in the middle. If anything, our weakness is the tackle position. Learn your opponent man.

It's funny how you trash the team and then say how it will be sooooo close. It will be close because the Bills are not nearly as horrible as you would like to think.

da305kid
09-07-2010, 02:06 PM

LOL keep your 2nd ranked pass D, btw the reason its second ranked is because you guys suck up front and teams have whooped up on you by running the ball, LOL the BILLS are STILL soft up front, have fun watching us control the ball and the clock in your house. What was your Run D ranking in 2009???? I rest my case

MnMsGrly00
09-07-2010, 02:11 PM
Ronnie Brown 2009 in only 9 games
CAR147
YDS648
AVG4.4
TDS8

Ricky Wiliams 2009
CAR241YDS1,121
AVG4.7
TDS11

Fred Jackson 2009
CAR237YDS1,062
AVG4.5
TDS2

Marshawn Lynch
CAR120YDS450
AVG3.8
TDS2

Trouble finding the Endzone much???
Adding CJ Spiller does not give you the edge either...unproven college back thus far.

Freddy Jackson is a good back. He excels in the recieving game and is a slasher type or running back. He's never averaged less than 4.4 yards per carry. Ever. His weakness is finding the endzone though. For some reason he is great between the 20's and really helps our team move the ball. Finding the endzone is not his strong suit.

Lynch however is a different animal. You have to remember when you post those stats from last season he only played in 13 games last year, only starting 6 of those 13. He took a backseat to Jackson. But in his first two seasons, Lynch had 7, and 8 TD's. Finding the endzone is something Lynch is good at. He's entirely refocused this year and will be a beast to tackle, as usual.

Spiller may have played only in the preseason, but that didn't stop him from shining. In games 2 & 3 of the preseason he scored 3 touchdowns! And thats with not even playing the entire game. Coach held him out of preseason game 4, to rest him and keep him fresh for week 1. He went up against the cincy defense in the 3rd preseason game and scored 2 tds. Ask them how they think Spiller will do.

Our RB's are going to be a force in the AFC East.

kud
09-07-2010, 02:15 PM
R and R > Jack and Lynch, get real. Spiller is the wildcard, we'll see what he can do in the PROs. Better hope he doesnt turn into Darren McFadden.

MnMsGrly00
09-07-2010, 02:26 PM
LOL keep your 2nd ranked pass D, btw the reason its second ranked is because you guys suck up front and teams have whooped up on you by running the ball, LOL the BILLS are STILL soft up front, have fun watching us control the ball and the clock in your house. What was your Run D ranking in 2009???? I rest my case

Alright so lets talk some defense shall we? I have never once argued that our Run D was horrible. It was. You guys owned us with a better Run Defense and had more sacks than my team. But we owned you guys everywhere else. Lets take a look shall we???

Yards Allowed: Bills 19th, Miami 22nd

Touchdowns Allowed: Bills 14th, Miami 23rd (hmmmm...)

Scoring Defense: Bills 16th, Miami 25th (wow)

Receptions allowed: Bills 2nd, Miami 26th (just as bad as our run d)

We own you in passing, and INT's, but you know this already. So really, our biggest problem was the rushing defense. And we addressed that in the offseason, bringing in Dwan Edwards who's extremely strong and stout against the run. We also brought in a solid run stopping MLB in Andra Davis who had 90 tackles and 3 INTs last season. Oh and we got a rookie by the name of Torrell Troup in the second round this year who is big, strong man to have rotating in the middle. I mean, if you guys are counting on rookies up front why can't we?????

Don't try and twist my words into saying our defense is better than yours. I'm not saying that at all. Just want to show you guys we are not as bad as you would like to think. But like I've said many times, you will find out on Sunday that this Bills team is going to put up a fight. You're playing in our house.

MnMsGrly00
09-07-2010, 02:30 PM
R and R > Jack and Lynch, get real. Spiller is the wildcard, we'll see what he can do in the PROs. Better hope he doesnt turn into Darren McFadden.

I don't think he will. Coach already named him the starter for week 1. :)

Do you want to compare the college careers of Spiller and McFadden? I'm not afraid to do that.

SpurzN703
09-07-2010, 02:33 PM

4 catches for 100 yards in 2 games last year. 0 TDs.

X-Pacolypse
09-07-2010, 02:36 PM
The Buffalo Bills will go 0-16 in 2010.

childoftheko4n
09-07-2010, 02:41 PM
Freddy Jackson is a good back. He excels in the recieving game and is a slasher type or running back. He's never averaged less than 4.4 yards per carry. Ever. His weakness is finding the endzone though. For some reason he is great between the 20's and really helps our team move the ball. Finding the endzone is not his strong suit.

Lynch however is a different animal. You have to remember when you post those stats from last season he only played in 13 games last year, only starting 6 of those 13. He took a backseat to Jackson. But in his first two seasons, Lynch had 7, and 8 TD's. Finding the endzone is something Lynch is good at. He's entirely refocused this year and will be a beast to tackle, as usual.

Spiller may have played only in the preseason, but that didn't stop him from shining. In games 2 & 3 of the preseason he scored 3 touchdowns! And thats with not even playing the entire game. Coach held him out of preseason game 4, to rest him and keep him fresh for week 1. He went up against the cincy defense in the 3rd preseason game and scored 2 tds. Ask them how they think Spiller will do.

Our RB's are going to be a force in the AFC East.

So Lynch did that in only 13 games last year, so we cant use those stats? Ronnie only played in 9 and you are more than welcomed to use his...

Ronnie played in less games, and scored more. And you cant say o its because Jackson was running the show, as if we dont split carries with our backs.

da305kid
09-07-2010, 02:41 PM

LOL dude your VERY optimistic bout your team as you should be, but your on crack if you think its that simple. You say the Interior Oline is good with 1st and 2nd round picks(even though one missed entire season so is still a "rookie") but the tackles are not, yet you say your going to run it down our throat??? Please, It takes the big guys up front to make holes. I wish you were the O-Coordinator come Sunday. I hope you run up the middle cus since SIP been here the front 7 has always been stout, No doubt the dolphins are weak in pass coverage but noone is going to stack the box against the bills, this coming from a team last year that ran with a stacked box(phins) I dont see you guys being tough enough or talented enough to run inside. You actually made me feel more comfortable sunday with this post(if you really know your team) I honestly am only worried about Spiller going off tackle and getting the edge, you admitted your Tackles aint **** and I would take Langford and Odrick holding the edge over Buffallo's tackles. Our offenses are not similer at all, teams dont respect your running or passing game and Im sure miami will stop the run without stacking the box lol. Evans IS a weapon, Roscoe is not and who the hell is steveie? I find it funny your trynna talk up the Defense and Offense from what youve seen in preseason, but hey bills fans are searching for HOPE anywhere. If it comes down to the QB and the Defense id still take Henne over Edwards and Nolan's scheme(which has been kept under wraps in preseason) How do you prepare for a Defense you havent seen????? You cant, advantage Miami

flynryan15
09-07-2010, 02:44 PM
What a dumb argument! The Bills did ZERO to improve this offseason starting with hiring Chan Gaily and ending with name Trent Edwards as your starting QB. Now go battle the Browns for the title of AFC doormat!

MnMsGrly00
09-07-2010, 02:45 PM
What a dumb argument! The Billabong did ZERO to improve this offseason starting with hiring Chan Gaily and ending with name Trent Edwards as your starting QB. Now go battle the Browns for the title of AFC doormat!

Very insightful. When do you start at ESPN? You got me! Lets cancel the game now.

timwendt58
09-07-2010, 02:46 PM
No lie, this Lee Evans fellow kind of scares me. He always seems to perform quite well against us.

da305kid
09-07-2010, 02:52 PM
Alright so lets talk some defense shall we? I have never once argued that our Run D was horrible. It was. You guys owned us with a better Run Defense and had more sacks than my team. But we owned you guys everywhere else. Lets take a look shall we???

Yards Allowed: Bills 19th, Miami 22nd

Touchdowns Allowed: Bills 14th, Miami 23rd (hmmmm...)

Scoring Defense: Bills 16th, Miami 25th (wow)

Receptions allowed: Bills 2nd, Miami 26th (just as bad as our run d)

We own you in passing, and INT's, but you know this already. So really, our biggest problem was the rushing defense. And we addressed that in the offseason, bringing in Dwan Edwards who's extremely strong and stout against the run. We also brought in a solid run stopping MLB in Andra Davis who had 90 tackles and 3 INTs last season. Oh and we got a rookie by the name of Torrell Troup in the second round this year who is big, strong man to have rotating in the middle. I mean, if you guys are counting on rookies up front why can't we?????

Don't try and twist my words into saying our defense is better than yours. I'm not saying that at all. Just want to show you guys we are not as bad as you would like to think. But like I've said many times, you will find out on Sunday that this Bills team is going to put up a fight. You're playing in our house.

Try to make you point without going to NFL.com and looking up the stats, you got athletes in the secondary, Dwan edwards from baltimore is so-so, Marcous Stroud(who i originally thought was a beast when Buffallo got him) has slowed down. A.Davis is ok as is Posluzny, and Kawika mitchell, Zero Pass Rush though(hows maybin doing lol) and a still suspect D line makes me think its going to be a Miami ball control game unless you can stop it. Btw you cant stack the box cus B-marsh. Bills didnt own anyone in anything, Jairus Byrd isnt playing, Edwards is on the same level as Matt Leinart and Brady Quinn. Sorry to say just how i see it....Small ball QB that hears footsteps.

MnMsGrly00
09-07-2010, 02:55 PM
LOL dude your VERY optimistic bout your team as you should be, but your on crack if you think its that simple. You say the Interior Oline is good with 1st and 2nd round picks(even though one missed entire season so is still a "rookie") but the tackles are not, yet you say your going to run it down our throat??? Please, It takes the big guys up front to make holes. I wish you were the O-Coordinator come Sunday. I hope you run up the middle cus since SIP been here the front 7 has always been stout, No doubt the dolphins are weak in pass coverage but noone is going to stack the box against the bills, this coming from a team last year that ran with a stacked box(phins) I dont see you guys being tough enough or talented enough to run inside. You actually made me feel more comfortable sunday with this post(if you really know your team) I honestly am only worried about Spiller going off tackle and getting the edge, you admitted your Tackles aint **** and I would take Langford and Odrick holding the edge over Buffallo's tackles. Our offenses are not similer at all, teams dont respect your running or passing game and Im sure miami will stop the run without stacking the box lol. Evans IS a weapon, Roscoe is not and who the hell is steveie? I find it funny your trynna talk up the Defense and Offense from what youve seen in preseason, but hey bills fans are searching for HOPE anywhere. If it comes down to the QB and the Defense id still take Henne over Edwards and Nolan's scheme(which has been kept under wraps in preseason) How do you prepare for a Defense you havent seen????? You cant, advantage Miami

You are seriously lost in all of this discussion. Let me break it down for you and CORRECT you on your obvious mistakes.

1. Our interior oline is solid. Eric wood played until week 8 when he got hurt. He didn't miss the entire season, so I'm not sure where you get your information. Maybe you're the one on crack?

2. I didn't say we would run it down your throat, I said if you don't stack the box we will call plays to run it down your throat. Do you have reading comprehension problems?

3. I hope you don't stack the box, that makes our guys' jobs much easier. You don't think we can run it up inside but here's a link showing Spiller did just that:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d819e2313/Spiller-31-yard-TD-run

4. You talk about your defense being kept under wraps, well the same goes for us smart guy. Both teams will come out with plays and formations that the other team has never seen. And the only reason I took my defense over yours is because our defense has shown to be very opportunistic, getting INTs and causing turnovers.

5. If you don't want to respect our running game, then thats fine. I hope your players dont either. :)

flynryan15
09-07-2010, 02:56 PM
Very insightful. When do you start at ESPN? You got me! Lets cancel the game now.

Fine prove my insight wrong! How did you get better? Spiller? Weren't you just pointing out rb was not your weakness? You still have a piss poor oline and a reject QB. You are one dimensional!

Phinatic8u
09-07-2010, 02:57 PM
My take on this argument..

Buffalo has 2 good RBs (Spiller has to prove he can play against gameplanned Defences) which we have stopped before we got Dansby and Nolan, not to worried about it our run D is great.

Evans is a good WR. Thats is he's nothing special IMO Davis will handle him fairly well.

Edwards shouldn't start IMO, Fitzpatrick is a better QB. He brought the Bills to 6-10, he should get the gig. But Edwards has proven to not be very good.

Bills O-Line. a HUGE ?, this will be there downfall this season IMO. you can have AP but if you can't block anybody thats wasted talent.

Dolphins:

Marshall, NO CB on the Bills can and will stop him. He's just to damn good. McGee isn't what he used to be and is just to small to be effective.

R&R, They have proven to be a deadly force in the run game, they will have good games on sunday.

our O-Line, isn't what I expected at all, Jerry has shown huge potential. All Pro G very soon, we have Long, Carey, & Incognito is a good run blocker. Chemistry is important and they will struggle early w/o that.

our pass D ehh, outside of Davis & Bell the rest of the secondary scares the hell outta me. Clemons has huge potential but he's still green. JAllen, well lack of a better term SUCKS!!.

Our Pass rush will be good to great this year. Dansby, Wake, Starks, both S, Davis. we will have some exotic blitzes featuring those guys. Nolan is a great DC, we will see a better D on Sunday than we have since Saban.

All in All, it will be a good game. & IMO closer than some people think. Bills have a up & coming team & so do the Dolphins.

Fins 21 Bills 17

Phinatic8u
09-07-2010, 02:59 PM
You are seriously lost in all of this discussion. Let me break it down for you and CORRECT you on your obvious mistakes.

1. Our interior oline is solid. Eric wood played until week 8 when he got hurt. He didn't miss the entire season, so I'm not sure where you get your information. Maybe you're the one on crack?

2. I didn't say we would run it down your throat, I said if you don't stack the box we will call plays to run it down your throat. Do you have reading comprehension problems?

3. I hope you don't stack the box, that makes our guys' jobs much easier. You don't think we can run it up inside but here's a link showing Spiller did just that:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d819e2313/Spiller-31-yard-TD-run (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d819e2313/Spiller-31-yard-TD-run)

4. You talk about your defense being kept under wraps, well the same goes for us smart guy. Both teams will come out with plays and formations that the other team has never seen. And the only reason I took my defense over yours is because our defense has shown to be very opportunistic, getting INTs and causing turnovers.

5. If you don't want to respect our running game, then thats fine. I hope your players dont either. :)

Spiller has tremndous skills (attended Clemson his rook & Soph year), Hes my favorite player in the draft, but we have a great run D. Spiller has to prove that against 1s, not 2s & 3s. & our CBs are grear in run support. Davis is actually elite in run support. Bell is also. **** even Clemons has the range to break a play up quickly. Don't expect Spiller to have a field day like he did in the PRE-SEASON

The diffrence is our D is built for the 3-4, it has been sine Spoarno came in. We have 3-4 players. You guys came from the 4-3. Its a totally diffrent animal than the 3-4. Your D will struggle until the scheme slows down for them.

MnMsGrly00
09-07-2010, 03:03 PM
Try to make you point without going to NFL.com and looking up the stats, you got athletes in the secondary, Dwan edwards from baltimore is so-so, Marcous Stroud(who i originally thought was a beast when Buffallo got him) has slowed down. A.Davis is ok as is Posluzny, and Kawika mitchell, Zero Pass Rush though(hows maybin doing lol) and a still suspect D line makes me think its going to be a Miami ball control game unless you can stop it. Btw you cant stack the box cus B-marsh. Bills didnt own anyone in anything, Jairus Byrd isnt playing, Edwards is on the same level as Matt Leinart and Brady Quinn. Sorry to say just how i see it....Small ball QB that hears footsteps.

Ok, so you want me to attempt to make a point in an argument without using the facts? LOL Sure.

You're right about one thing, it will be about Miami running on our defense. We seemed to be either feast or famine during the preseason against the run. So I expect to see miami come out running. Brandon Marshall will be kept under wraps, we've played against him before in our home opener. Wanna know his stats? 5 catches, 52 yrds, 1 td. Good, but not amazing. Our guys will keep hartline in check, Bess is the one who I think will make the most plays this week.

Oh and where did you hear Byrd isn't playing? He is playing. He's practiced all week. Maybe you should check the facts before you post.

da305kid
09-07-2010, 03:09 PM

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d819e2313/Spiller-31-yard-TD-run

1. Your Interior is "solid", umm sure ok solid isnt even good enough
2. Im telling you your run game is not strong enough to force a Defense to stack the box so it wont happen, Last season all teams did was stack the Phins box because Ronnie Brown and Ricky could score any carry and every way (up the middle, HB sweeps etc)
3. Lol again, your run game isnt strong enough to force a D to stack the box the O-Line cannot CONSISTENTLY open holes, as far as the Spiller TD run why dont you look at the O-Line on that play? you know where the O-Lineman got manhandled into the backfield which would have been a 3-4 yard loss...(Spiller is pure athlete and made 3 players miss) but the point still stands your O-Line isnt very good. Btw I watched that game and after that TD run spiller was stopped and stopped and stopped again for 1-2 yard gains or no gains. Lee evans wide open TD was a Miscommunication on the colts side....Im really noticing a pattern that you are a bills fan thats built up all this hot air from how well the team has played in the PRESEASON.
4. We now what were going to see, a SOFT 4-3 defense that has transitioned to a 3-4 which may or may not work. You will see a Phins D that attacks the QB which in Trents case could end the game before it even begins.
5. Not saying i don t respect the backs, I dont trust the O-Line, and I KNOW which team is more physical in that area.

im not trying to win a discussion, lol wth would i care bout that. If you wanna look at it that way you have marked yourself as a homer who thinks you have the best set of Rb's in the division(which shows your football knowledge) when the bills Rb's last year were average. The rest is you so hyped on Spiller, youve failed since you got here

Adam First
09-07-2010, 03:12 PM
The Bills had a strong preseason. Their fans are hyped. The Dolphins had a strong preseason in 2007 as well and we all saw how that turned out.

Sunday these fans will crash down to Earth and crash down hard.

Kinzua
09-07-2010, 03:33 PM

Jay Fiedler led the Fins to 11 wins one seasons when Gailey was OC. :sidelol:

Kinzua
09-07-2010, 03:35 PM

Your team isn't solid. It has no secondary. It has no pass rush. It has an inaccurate QB who makes poor decisions and WRs who drop the ball. It has a Buffalo Bills reject starting at LG.

No playoffs for the Fishies. :sidelol:

Swantoon
09-07-2010, 04:02 PM
Jay Fiedler led the Fins to 11 wins one seasons when Gailey was OC. :sidelol:

Jay Fiedler was worlds better than Trent Edwards.

Swantoon
09-07-2010, 04:04 PM
Your team isn't solid. It has no secondary. It has no pass rush. It has an inaccurate QB who makes poor decisions and WRs who drop the ball. It has a Buffalo Bills reject starting at LG.

No playoffs for the Fishies. :sidelol:

Vontae Davis and Yeremiah Bell are players. Cameron Wake will be in Edwards face all day long. Henne is inaccurate on deep balls, but can win with the short to intermediate throws. Our Wrs do drop balls I'll give you that one. The Bills are actually a Richie reject not the other way around.

MnMsGrly00
09-07-2010, 04:09 PM
1. Your Interior is "solid", umm sure ok solid isnt even good enough
2. Im telling you your run game is not strong enough to force a Defense to stack the box so it wont happen, Last season all teams did was stack the Phins box because Ronnie Brown and Ricky could score any carry and every way (up the middle, HB sweeps etc)
3. Lol again, your run game isnt strong enough to force a D to stack the box the O-Line cannot CONSISTENTLY open holes, as far as the Spiller TD run why dont you look at the O-Line on that play? you know where the O-Lineman got manhandled into the backfield which would have been a 3-4 yard loss...(Spiller is pure athlete and made 3 players miss) but the point still stands your O-Line isnt very good. Btw I watched that game and after that TD run spiller was stopped and stopped and stopped again for 1-2 yard gains or no gains. Lee evans wide open TD was a Miscommunication on the colts side....Im really noticing a pattern that you are a bills fan thats built up all this hot air from how well the team has played in the PRESEASON.
4. We now what were going to see, a SOFT 4-3 defense that has transitioned to a 3-4 which may or may not work. You will see a Phins D that attacks the QB which in Trents case could end the game before it even begins.
5. Not saying i don t respect the backs, I dont trust the O-Line, and I KNOW which team is more physical in that area.

im not trying to win a discussion, lol wth would i care bout that. If you wanna look at it that way you have marked yourself as a homer who thinks you have the best set of Rb's in the division(which shows your football knowledge) when the bills Rb's last year were average. The rest is you so hyped on Spiller, youve failed since you got here

1. Ok, since when is solid not good enough?? Eric Wood is an enormous talent. It's his second year, along with Levitre. These guys have a very bright future for us. They are only going to get better for us as the year goes on. They will be more than good enough in 5 days.

2. If you don't think our running game is strong enough to get defenses to stack the box thats fine. Makes it that much easier on our RB's. It's funny to me how facts seem to be lost on you fish fans. Last year our oline was in shambles. We had 9 different OL combinations due to injuries. Yet we still produced a running back that averaged at least 4.4 yrds per carry and up! We still produced a 1000 yard runner with a crap OL. Oh and that runner was an undrafted free agent. Amazing huh? But it happened.

3. After seeing our preseason play, yes bills fans are excited. We played well, and we are coming in on a high note. Whats the issue with that? The win/loss record in the preseason obviously means nothing. However, if preseason was so meaningless, whats the point of cuts? Preaseason is there for a reason. It helps a coach evaluate his players and their respective unit. Guy make teams based on preseason play. It's important for that. If it wasn't important your coach wouldn't have had your starters playing into the 3rd quarter of the last game against backups. Obviously they needed the work.

4. Just because I think the Bills will have the best runningbacks in the league AT THE END OF THIS SEASON does not mean I don't know anything about football. We have every reason to be excited about our trio of RB's.

Avigatorx
09-07-2010, 04:19 PM
None of this matters.

This is a divisional rivalry, it is anyone's game.

Hopefully the Fins offense can score enough points that the occasional breakdown in the secondary, that will happen btw, will not mean the difference in the game.

Stop the run, force buffalo to throw the ball around, conceed the 2-3 long pass plays to evans, and score more points than the bills. Thats our gameplan in a nutshell.

If we get conservative and are happy sitting on a 3 point lead and try to start running the clock out once that happens, we will lose. Go for the throat and our chances improve significantly.

Rhinocoach
09-07-2010, 04:47 PM
None of this matters.

This is a divisional rivalry, it is anyone's game.

Hopefully the Fins offense can score enough points that the occasional breakdown in the secondary, that will happen btw, will not mean the difference in the game.

Stop the run, force buffalo to throw the ball around, conceed the 2-3 long pass plays to evans, and score more points than the bills. Thats our gameplan in a nutshell.

If we get conservative and are happy sitting on a 3 point lead and try to start running the clock out once that happens, we will lose. Go for the throat and our chances improve significantly.we have been screamming for that for 4 years. finally have it.
Chan is a "boot on the throat" guy.
Jauron was a "don't rock the boat" guy

kud
09-07-2010, 05:53 PM
Jay Fiedler was worlds better than Trent Edwards.

Lol, the Bills would kill for Fiedler in his "prime" over Trent.

Myles Fynch
09-07-2010, 05:58 PM
Chan is a "boot on the throat" guy.

We didn't find that to be the case here.

BuffaloPride
09-07-2010, 06:31 PM

Jason Allen who in the world is Jason Allen hahaha !.

BuffaloPride
09-07-2010, 06:36 PM

Please don't talk about our running backs when you got Ronnie Brown coming off an injury plus Ricky (washed) Williams as for your Davis and Allen are you serious your secondary is garage !.

Nublar7
09-07-2010, 06:45 PM
Please don't talk about our running backs when you got Ronnie Brown coming off an injury plus Ricky (washed) Williams as for your Davis and Allen are you serious your secondary is garage !.Your right Ronnie is coming back from injury, and he does get injured often. Still though, when healthy, he is easily the best running back in the AFC East.

How is Ricky washed up? He started only 7 games last year and finished the season with 1,121 yards, a 4.7 yard per carry average and 11 rushing touchdowns. That isn't washed up, that is a borderline Pro Bowl performance. Ricky had a MUCH better season than Fred Jackson did.

Our secondary is definitely a concern, I am not going to argue that with you. Davis has the potential to be one of the best, but he is still learning and still raw. Though his natural talent should soon turn him into a household name. Jason Allen as a starter concerns me.

PhinsPhan11
09-07-2010, 07:37 PM
Please don't talk about our running backs when you got Ronnie Brown coming off an injury plus Ricky (washed) Williams as for your Davis and Allen are you serious your secondary is garage !.
Yes Ronnie is coming off an injury, but he was having a solid season before that. I don't know where you are getting that Ricky is washed up. Did he show that last year? I don't think so. Our running backs will run it on you guys all day and you aren't going to be able to stop it.

BuffaloPride
09-07-2010, 07:49 PM
Your right Ronnie is coming back from injury, and he does get injured often. Still though, when healthy, he is easily the best running back in the AFC East.

How is Ricky washed up? He started only 7 games last year and finished the season with 1,121 yards, a 4.7 yard per carry average and 11 rushing touchdowns. That isn't washed up, that is a borderline Pro Bowl performance. Ricky had a MUCH better season than Fred Jackson did.

Our secondary is definitely a concern, I am not going to argue that with you. Davis has the potential to be one of the best, but he is still learning and still raw. Though his natural talent should soon turn him into a household name. Jason Allen as a starter concerns me.

Last year Ricky Williams wore down at the end of the season please Ricky will not keep that pace up as for Ronnie Brown He's best RB in the AFC EAST and your point is whaT.

ChetS.
09-07-2010, 09:19 PM
you better Wilipedia Gailey Think his teams as HC or coordinator have made playoffs every year but one in the NFL Speaking of talent or lack of did Gailey not get you a 12-4 record with Jay Fiedler at qb and Oronde gadsden as the #1 wr? But now he sucks?

da305kid
09-08-2010, 11:46 AM

Why cant we, Fred Jackson and Lynch both are coming off injuries, neither are as good as a (washed) up Ricky and a HEALTHY Ronnie Brown. Bills fans cant make any valid points so they try to trick themselves in to believing this garbage. Lol our secondary has always been bad since i can remember, still have beat the Blls 3 out of last 4 times. Your secondary is pretty good, too bad you have ZERO pass rushers and a sorry *** front 7. No CB can cover for 5-6 seconds, remember that.

to other poster, Gailey went 10-6 and 8-8 with Cowboys in 98' and 99 seasons. The Bills are not the cowboys though....

lucid22
09-14-2010, 11:56 AM
Just have it in the back of your mind from now, he WILL burn us for one bomb. It happens every year, doesnt matter which scrub was throwing him the ball, whether it was Losman, Fitzpatrick, or Edwards. As long as we know from now, it wont be as painful to watch it happen :/ Now if we could just contain CJ Spiller, we should be alright. I do see Cam Wake getting a pair of sacks against arguably the worst OL in football.

I'm glad this didn't work out