PDA

View Full Version : CJ SPiller Scares me, ANything think we will stop him,?

djb2280
09-07-2010, 04:08 PM
if not it could be a long 3 hrs

fish_fan
09-07-2010, 04:10 PM
I think as long as the D plays their zones and with composure we can contain him. He is talented but not unstoppable.

finfan54
09-07-2010, 04:11 PM
doesnt scare me. besides, sounds like freddy jackson is starting. he is listed #1 on depth chart and his broken finga is allright. scared of spillar? why? he is a rookie! He was showcased in a gameplanned win over the bengals at home and now everyone is scared.

Cornell Green and Demetrius Bell. Not scared.

Takoz
1. Spiller is a speed runner that relies on getting outside the tackles to break long runs

2. The Bills starting tackles are Demetrius Bell and Cornell Green.

We should be okay.

Swantoon
Yes we can stop him. Good lord the guy has a couple good runs in pre season and he is superman. I am not saying he isn't talented, but he is not unstoppable.

nosleep
09-07-2010, 04:13 PM
As long as he doesn't get the edge I think he's stoppable although he's dangerous catching as well...
Dansby will have his work cut out for him.

Spesh
09-07-2010, 04:13 PM
Chris Johnson: 104 yards rushing on 29 attempts. 3.6 yard average.
That was without our starting nose tackle, with Johnson behind one of the best offensive lines in football, and the always dangerous threat of Vince Young running it.
Can any of those things be said about our nose tackle, the Bills offensive line, or Trent Edwards?

oasis
09-07-2010, 04:14 PM
I am more concerned about the Bills unveiling some crazy offense we don't know how to defend. Of course their experiment with no huddle didn't go too well last season. But Gailey >> Jauron.

mikie 180
09-07-2010, 04:17 PM
doesnt scare me. besides, sounds like freddy jackson is starting. he is listed #1 on depth chart and his broken finga is allright. scared of spillar? why? he is a rookie! He was showcased in a gameplanned win over the bengals at home and now everyone is scared.

Cornell Green and Demetrius Bell. Not scared.

He is listed #1 on the depth chart ahead of Jacklson and Lynch, but all 3 will see action.

miami71
09-07-2010, 04:17 PM
No! He's Superman because of what he has done his whole career, no matter where he's played! We have just seen a taste of it so far. Good thing he will not be returning kickoffs, or we would be in trouble! I forgot though about half of the fans on this forum don't think he is NFL caliber. Give me a break!

finfan54
09-07-2010, 04:18 PM
As long as he doesn't get the edge I think he's stoppable although he's dangerous catching as well...
Dansby will have his work cut out for him.

Misi and Francis will have shutdown duties. I have more confidence in them than any one of the Bills linemen ever getting through this season to play 16 games.

Canadianfishfan
09-07-2010, 04:19 PM
Scared of Who?
Meh!

finfan54
He is listed #1 on the depth chart ahead of Jacklson and Lynch, but all 3 will see action.

not what i read on buffalobills.com last night.

SabanHater
I think they should be more worried about Ronnie and Ricky than we should be about a rookie. Just my opinion.

circumstances
the scouting report on cj spiller is great speed and vision, easily brought down.just stay disciplined, and get a hand on him (knocking the crap out of him wouldn't hurt either).if he hits a big play here and there, so be it.if you think he is going to pound it up in there on us for three hours and get a victory, never going to happen.as mentioned above, we have faced chris johnson, and cj spiller is no chris johnson.

Miamifins2381
09-07-2010, 04:20 PM
anything think we will stop him? im pretty sure something could stop him,

mikie 180
09-07-2010, 04:23 PM
not what i read on buffalobills.com last night.

http://www.buffalobills.com/team/depth-chart-list.html

It was updated either last night or early this morning. Spiller is the starting RB, and will also return kicks.

datruth55
09-07-2010, 04:23 PM
I expect they'll use him on a lot of screens. Could be a real problem against our inexperienced linebackers.

MnMsGrly00
09-07-2010, 04:28 PM
The thing that excites me about Spiller is his explosiveness. The kid can flat out fly. All he needs is a crease and you won't catch him. You guys better hope your defense has worked on their tackling.

And we are going to see a lot of Spiller in the slot. This kid is a great receiver as well. It will be fun watching him play.

Swantoon
09-07-2010, 04:29 PM
No! He's Superman because of what he has done his whole career, no matter where he's played! We have just seen a taste of it so far. Good thing he will not be returning kickoffs, or we would be in trouble! I forgot though about half of the fans on this forum don't think he is NFL caliber. Give me a break!

So was Reggie Bush, but now he is just a 3rd down back.

datruth55
09-07-2010, 04:34 PM
The thing that excites me about Spiller is his explosiveness. The kid can flat out fly. All he needs is a crease and you won't catch him. You guys better hope your defense has worked on their tackling.

And we are going to see a lot of Spiller in the slot. This kid is a great receiver as well. It will be fun watching him play.
Not worried about him in the slot. You need a QB that can get him the ball for him to be a threat out there.

Locke
09-07-2010, 04:36 PM
He will be especially deadly to a defense that blitzes heavily, a la the Jets. Those quick dump offs are the best way to neutralize an aggressive defense, and Spiller is especially electric with the ball in his hands. I hope Nolan doesn't get too crazy with the blitzing, for this first game at least. Especially considering that Trent Edwards loves those short passes, I think we can expect a heavy dose of Spiller come Sunday...

EvilDylan
09-07-2010, 04:36 PM
If we can contain Chris Johnson to 106 yards with his o-line we should be able to handle Spiller with ease.

miami71
09-07-2010, 04:40 PM
So was Reggie Bush, but now he is just a 3rd down back.

Reggie Bush was over hyped like all USC football players. Spiller was the best player in this draft and he will prove it!

Rhinocoach
09-07-2010, 04:42 PM
Why do all you fish fans think he is Roscoe Parrish?
the guy is a RB not a slot reciever.
He won't break on contact.
so to debunk a pile of nonsense...
Spiller does run between the tackles.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfGsXxPzI70
can break tackles. (40 second mark)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxkNT9IxEu8&feature=related.

and most importantly he is only one third of our running game...

bpackers13
09-07-2010, 04:44 PM
I haven't seen it mentioned yet about how fragile Spiller is. Let Bell get a lick on him. He won't want anymore of that football.

EvilDylan
09-07-2010, 04:45 PM
Why do you think you will run all over a top ranked run defense? I don't need youtube videos to make my point either.

Rhinocoach
09-07-2010, 04:49 PM
Why do you think you will run all over a top ranked run defense? I don't need youtube videos to make my point either.we aren't playing the jets week one?!?!?!

ArmyFin7
09-07-2010, 04:52 PM
Actually, the Jets were 8th in run D....but thanks for playing.

Green Bay had the #1 run D.

Roman529
09-07-2010, 04:53 PM
Spiller and Lee Evans are two guys who can break long ones if we are not careful, but if our defense is doing their job we should be able top contain them.

mikie 180
09-07-2010, 04:56 PM
Why do you think you will run all over a top ranked run defense? I don't need youtube videos to make my point either.

I forget the exact wording of the stat, but it was brought up by Steve Tasker that last year, the Bills lead the league in percentage of runs resulting in 4 yards or more(It was like 48-49%). And that was without Spiller.

Spesh
09-07-2010, 04:56 PM
Why do all you fish fans think he is Roscoe Parrish?
the guy is a RB not a slot reciever.
He won't break on contact.
so to debunk a pile of nonsense...
Spiller does run between the tackles.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfGsXxPzI70
can break tackles. (40 second mark)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxkNT9IxEu8&feature=related.

and most importantly he is only one third of our running game...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/miami-dolphins/09000d5d813262b0/Dolphins-38-Bills-10

2:52 and 3:04. If i recall correctly, i believe Ronnie had another game breaker earlier in the afternoon. I hear all this noise about Spiller, yet even if he is half as productive as Chris Johnson(during Spillers first career start no less) he will only have about 75 total yards.
Johnson basically had 100 yards on 30 carries and 60 yards receiving. Why in gods name should we expect Spiller to do better behind a worse offensive line, catching the ball from a worse QB, while having fewer playmakers surrounding him?

Rhinocoach
09-07-2010, 04:59 PM
Actually, the Jets were 8th in run D....but thanks for playing.

Green Bay had the #1 run D.way to google bro!
now go back and look at the line I quoted...
nah I'll do it for you (don't want to hear about your sprained finger.)

way to undo what your fellow fish fan was trying to say. and no, nobody is confusing the Miami D with the Jets D

Rhinocoach
09-07-2010, 05:08 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/miami-dolphins/09000d5d813262b0/Dolphins-38-Bills-10

2:52 and 3:04. If i recall correctly, i believe Ronnie had another game breaker earlier in the afternoon. I hear all this noise about Spiller, yet even if he is half as productive as Chris Johnson(during Spillers first career start no less) he will only have about 75 total yards.
Johnson basically had 100 yards on 30 carries and 60 yards receiving. Why in gods name should we expect Spiller to do better behind a worse offensive line, catching the ball from a worse QB, while having fewer playmakers surrounding him?nobody is arguing against your RB's.
Awesome solid talent.
but you don't need to pull obscure numbers from annother player in annother year to try and dispell something that hasn't even happened yet.

listen, "Happy learned to putt", the Bills are a legit threat to score on any down.
We know the reality of our O-line. the same O-line that got decimated last year and we still won 6 games.
don't count on our O-line to be the reason we loose or the fish win. sorry won't be the factor.

Travis34
09-07-2010, 05:23 PM
Not especially, as everyone said, he's a rookie who relies on speed. This is going to be a different game than the pre-season for him. No doubt, he could be great in the NFL, but not this Sunday

dcm
09-07-2010, 05:27 PM
nobody is arguing against your RB's.
Awesome solid talent.
but you don't need to pull obscure numbers from annother player in annother year to try and dispell something that hasn't even happened yet.

listen, "Happy learned to putt", the Bills are a legit threat to score on any down.
We know the reality of our O-line. the same O-line that got decimated last year and we still won 6 games.
don't count on our O-line to be the reason we loose or the fish win. sorry won't be the factor.

We all know games are not won in the trenches....you're kidding right? That has to be one of the stupidest posts I've ever read. It wouldn't matter if you had the greatest running back to have ever played if your OLine blows.....you could have Joe Montana back there and with no protection, or even adequate protection he would be toast!

EvilDylan
09-07-2010, 05:29 PM
Eh we WERE a top ranked rush defense until ferg got hurt.

Spesh
09-07-2010, 05:32 PM
nobody is arguing against your RB's.
Awesome solid talent.

So your offensive line wasn't partly responsible for the shell shocking that Trent Edwards went into the last time we faced him?

And our weapons have a consistent history of damning opposing teams, your weapon(the one we are suppose to fear every single play) has nothing to show for himself other then a handful of fake games and minor league highlights. The closest one with his skill set was utterly contained when we played him as a worst team.

I have to ask, was it the addition of Brandon Marshall that somehow downgraded the Miami Dolphins as a team that isn't a legit threat to score at anytime as well?

EvilDylan
09-07-2010, 05:32 PM
PS: Bills rushing rank last year on offense 16 on defense 30. Miami on offense 4 on defense 18.

12 spots higher in both categories and that was without RB at the end. You seriously think you have improved THAT much?

henne7_davis21
09-07-2010, 05:34 PM
He is the only talented bill, but nothing to worry thanks to starks dansby and nolan!

Talus Buster
09-07-2010, 06:36 PM

He is listed as the first KR for this week, look out!

ChetS.
09-07-2010, 09:12 PM
He is the only talented bill, but nothing to worry thanks to starks dansby and nolan!

Seriously the only talented Bill? What is Lee Evans chopped liver How about Lynch and Jackson both 1000+ yard backs. You guys are in for a rude awakening. We dont have Dick Jauron playing prevent on offense in the first quarter Expect a totally different offense Bills actually run motion and operate out if different sets Dont believe it go watch the some preseason film from this year. That was all vanilla no game planning from Gailey We didnt even show Spiller in the slot or the three running back set with Spiller, Jackson and Lynch. No more defenses knowing what we are running pre snap. Gailey is like Michelangelo running an offense compared to Dick Jauron playing with fingerpaints.

Now can the line hold up? If the Dolphins can pressure Edwards without relying on blitzes it will be a long day for Buffalo. If they have to rely a lot on blitzes Bills can score quickly with screens to Spiller and over the top to Evans. I expect Parrish to give your backers fits in the slot. (Dolphins have the same issues at OLB as the Bills) I'll give the Dolphins a significant edge in the trenches till proven otherwise. If the Bills can slowdown your running attack with all the new personnel in the 3-4 it should be a very good football game

carolinabillsfa
09-08-2010, 05:43 AM
Being a Bills fan I'm not really sure what we have on our o-line. The o-line sustained so many injuries last year it's truly hard to diagnose what Buffalo really has. I will say this though, I have 100% confidence that our offense will be better this year than last, there is no way that our o-line gets injured as much this year and we haven't fired our offensive coordinator and left tackle this week.

To the Dolphin fans, just want to know how sure you guys all are in regards to your outside backers getting pressure. I don't know much about either Wake or Misi, so what makes everybody here so positive that Trent will spend Sunday from 1-4 on his arse