PDA

View Full Version : Gotta Love this Ray Lewis Article

WesternNYDolfan
09-09-2010, 04:12 PM
Ray Ray telling it how it is about the Jets. Figured you guys would enjoy, especially ya'll who are also fans of "the U"

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis may have provided the Jets with some bulletin-board fodder by claiming the Jets don't have any excuses now that star cornerback Darrelle Revis is back with the team after a 36-day holdout.

Jets blog
Looking for more information on the
green and white? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog

"I'm always honest: I'm glad he signed, but I don't care what kind of shape he's in," Lewis said in anticipation of Monday night's matchup. "I don't care nothing about Revis outside of, we play on Sundays and that's it. ... I'm just glad he is signed, so there is no excuses. Don't come and say, 'Oh, we didn't have Revis.' Have everybody y'all need to have. Whoever y'all need to go sign ... whatever to do, sign who you need to sign, stack your deck and let's go play football."

Lewis, who played for then Baltimore defensive coordinator Rex Ryan for years, wasn't done.

"Revis puts his pants on one leg at a time," he said Thursday in a conference call with the New York media. "He's not a machine. He's a simple man, and he has to deal with everything we're willing to bring to the table as well. Hopefully, he's ready to play. Hopefully, his 35-day layoff didn't hurt him. But we don't need no hope. Y'all can keep your hope because we've got enough hope over here. We're packing our bags, and we're not packing our bags to come play water polo. We're packing our bags to come play football."

Lewis thinks all the talk of how strong the Jets are is overblown.

"We're talking about the Jets like we're talking about the Saints," he said, according to the Newark Star-Ledger. "Those are the only people that can be dethroned: Drew Brees and the Saints. Not Mark Sanchez and the Jets."

He went on: "If you all are the Miami Heat, we've gotta be the Lakers, because we're looking for multiple rings."

Lewis was asked about Ryan's brash, confident talk this preseason.

"The game ain't played through tongues," he said, according to The Baltimore Sun. "The game is played when you buckle up your chin strap. So, all this pressure [Ryan] wants to put on his team, I hope they can cash the check that he writes."

Lewis also apparently isn't too concerned about getting beat by Sanchez. Evidently, the future Hall of Famer doesn't expect Sanchez to make a big jump in year two of his pro career.

"We don't even have to guess; all you have to do is look at the film," Lewis said . "He struggles a lot when he has to throw the ball a lot. That's just not his forte. That's not their team thing."

Based on last season, Lewis is correct. The Jets went 2-4 in games in which Sanchez attempted at least 30 passes, including the loss to the Indianapolis Colts in the AFC Championship Game.

Sanchez wasn't particularly sharp in the preseason, but the Jets believe he will be markedly improved in terms of accuracy, decision-making and command of the offense. Lewis isn't buying it. He said the key to stopping the Jets is controlling the running game. He called LaDainian Tomlinson one of the top three or four running backs in the NFL.

Sanchez isn't the only player who doesn't impress Lewis much.

When asked about Jets fullback John Conner being nicknamed "The Terminator," Lewis said, according to the Sun: "The only Terminator I know is Arnold Schwarzenegger."

Miamifins2381
09-09-2010, 04:18 PM
WOW, thanks for all that news on the FU**KING MIAMI DOLPHINS.

datruth55
09-09-2010, 04:19 PM
Sounds like Ray is fired up for the game already.

Miamifinz
09-09-2010, 04:20 PM
I think Ray Lewis just verbally murdered every Jets player, as well as the front office/staff. I love him, despite the fact he kills us when we play.

X-Pacolypse
09-09-2010, 04:21 PM
Sanchez sucks.

Ricky'sWeinerBong
09-09-2010, 04:22 PM

uncalled for.

Cluck
09-09-2010, 04:26 PM
Good ole Ray

WesternNYDolfan
09-09-2010, 04:29 PM

lol calm down, I think Dolphans would be on board with anytime someone trashes the Jets. It tickles me, as it should you. Or are you the long lost Buzz Killjoy?

mrodriguez4096
09-09-2010, 04:43 PM
Yea, Lewis has ALWAYS been one that backs up what he says. He reminds me of the old throwbacks of the game. Personally, I cannot wait for the Ravens to take the Jets apart in their home opener.

JRoX85
09-09-2010, 04:46 PM
I would take Polite over the Jests so called terminator any day of the week

nyjunc
09-09-2010, 04:54 PM
I have no problem w/ any opponent firing back at us but for Ray to act like he and his team never talk is a bit comical and they did it before they won that lone SB 10 years ago.

Travis34
09-09-2010, 04:56 PM
I can't wait to see Ray Lewis obliterate someone from their team

FinsDBess15
09-09-2010, 05:06 PM
nyjunc Ray Lewis actually has/had a team to talk about, the Jets are just a huge hype machine, and why are you making fun of his "lone Super Bowl" you guys will be lucky if one your selfs. So let Ray Ray talk cause he actually has a team to talk about unlike the Jets with Mark "Pu$$y" Sanchez. Lets GO Ravens! HOPE THEY DESTROY THE JETS!

ckparrothead
09-09-2010, 05:12 PM
Ray Lewis is awesome. I recommend actually listening to the audio. It's better than the text.

nyjunc
09-09-2010, 05:15 PM
nyjunc Ray Lewis actually has/had a team to talk about, the Jets are just a huge hype machine and why are you making fun of his "lone Super Bowl" you guys will be lucky if you even win one yourselfs! Your name is perfect for the Jets btw.

He's talking like he was part of a dynasty, it's been a long time since they won that SB and Ray has done alot of talking. Again, I have no problems w/ anyone talking trash against us but to act like he and Baltimore don't do ti is comical.

KTDolphins
09-09-2010, 05:18 PM
That is as real as it gets.

FinsDBess15
09-09-2010, 05:19 PM
I understand but they still don't talk nearly as much $hit as the Jets do, to say that the Jets are the Miami Heat of football is comical, and he isn't talking like he's part of a dynasty he's making fun of the fact that the Jets "THINK" their a dynasty (once again very comical).

Bumpus
09-09-2010, 05:23 PM
uncalled for.

I don't think it was.

We have seperate forums here for a reason. This thread has nothing to do with the Dolphins.

I'm moving it.

Daytona Fin
09-09-2010, 05:23 PM
He's talking like he was part of a dynasty.
dynasty , its a been long time since i heard that word in football. i believe dynastyies left with the cowboys and the onset of free agency.

nyjunc
09-09-2010, 05:39 PM
dynasty , its a been long time since i heard that word in football. i believe dynastyies left with the cowboys and the onset of free agency.

The Pats were a dynasty last decade.

SRM
09-09-2010, 05:51 PM
Man.. I'm going to miss Ray Lewis whenever he retires. He's one of the last few guys that isn't afraid to put his word out there. Most guys now will just resort to "You know, the Jets are a good team. We're going to go out there and compete with them and uh, hopefully get a W out there."

thefranchisedef
09-09-2010, 06:03 PM
the ravens dont talk, they act!

nyjunc
09-10-2010, 07:51 AM
Man.. I'm going to miss Ray Lewis whenever he retires. He's one of the last few guys that isn't afraid to put his word out there. Most guys now will just resort to "You know, the Jets are a good team. We're going to go out there and compete with them and uh, hopefully get a W out there."

So why do you love hm and hate Rex and the Jets then?

the ravens dont talk, they act!

This is funny. You do know we made it further than Baltimore in the most recent season, right? I love how when the Jets talk they get bashed but if another player talks it's ok. I have no problem w/ anyone talking, it doesn't win or lose games. The only problem here is ray was attacking specific players which none of the Jets do(don't bring up Pace, that was in frustration after a loss- a very different situation) but when we are loud we have to expect others will be as well.

jetsknicks1
09-10-2010, 09:55 AM
He's talking like he was part of a dynasty, it's been a long time since they won that SB and Ray has done alot of talking. Again, I have no problems w/ anyone talking trash against us but to act like he and Baltimore don't do ti is comical.

That's the thing. You're the Lakers? Multiple rings? Ray, your team has one ring. Ray is really the only one I hear talking, sounds to me like he's trying to fire himself up. That's ok, I would love to see Conner just lay him out a couple times.

nyjunc
09-10-2010, 09:57 AM
That's the thing. You're the Lakers? Multiple rings? Ray, your team has one ring. Ray is really the only one I hear talking, sounds to me like he's trying to fire himself up. That's ok, I would love to see Conner just lay him out a couple times.

To be fair he did bring up the Lakers after Cromartie made the asinine comment about the Jets being like the Heat.

jree
09-10-2010, 10:30 AM
The assumption that John Conner or whatever his name is can just "layout" Ray Lewis is asinine. This guy is still the MLB in the game, until Dansby reaches his prime of course.

And for him to talk shmack and Jets fans making fun of him about having only one ring, maybe the Jets should make it to a Super Bowl before claiming themselves champs.

BobDole
09-10-2010, 10:51 AM
"all this pressure [Ryan] wants to put on his team, I hope they can cash the check that he writes."

the reason ryan won't last in NY. he's doing it to himself. he won't last 3 more years b/c of exactly this.

jetsknicks1
09-10-2010, 12:39 PM
To be fair he did bring up the Lakers after Cromartie made the asinine comment about the Jets being like the Heat.

I agree but I think Cro was making more of a reference to all the new additions, not rings or titles. Than, Ray starts baggin on Revis. Revis didn't say anything, so why call him out?

nyjunc
09-10-2010, 12:49 PM
"all this pressure [Ryan] wants to put on his team, I hope they can cash the check that he writes."

the reason ryan won't last in NY. he's doing it to himself. he won't last 3 more years b/c of exactly this.

So you guys hope.

jetsknicks1
09-10-2010, 12:50 PM
The assumption that John Conner or whatever his name is can just "layout" Ray Lewis is asinine. This guy is still the MLB in the game, until Dansby reaches his prime of course.

And for him to talk shmack and Jets fans making fun of him about having only one ring, maybe the Jets should make it to a Super Bowl before claiming themselves champs.

Do you read the posts you comment on? I made no assumption that Conner would layout Ray, I just said I'd love to see it. I also didn't make fun of Ray for only having one ring (That would be dumb), I just stated a fact.

BobDole
09-10-2010, 04:45 PM
So you guys hope.

not really actually. he doesn't scare me none and he's grown on me somehow or another. i like him AND i don't fear him. he can stick around as long as his mouth will allow it.

nyjunc
09-10-2010, 05:07 PM
not really actually. he doesn't scare me none and he's grown on me somehow or another. i like him AND i don't fear him. he can stick around as long as his mouth will allow it.

In one year w/ a rookie QB we made the title game, you should be scared.

BobDole
09-10-2010, 05:31 PM
In one year w/ a rookie QB we made the title game, you should be scared.

this is me being scared. :)

i'm not one of those that thinks somehow you guys got magically worse over the off season. you improved in all aspects - although i could debate that about the RB situation - but whatever. just like us - your success hinges on how sanchez does. the playing field for the two is pretty even right now. but with rex adding all that pressure - and the NY media - and sanchez's inexperience - and the 'this is the year' (the fugg is the rush, by the way?) expectations - i could make a solid argument for henne.