PDA

View Full Version : SEC Games Thread

TedSlimmJr
09-10-2010, 12:00 AM
Watched the AUful vs. Miserable St. game and have it handy along with many others for future purposes of breaking down film on prospects..

But this game was like trying to handicap a chinese fire drill watching it in real time... a battle of attrition..

Mullen's QB's are pretty terrible and although I really like Chad Bumphis and Leon Berry, I believe I counted somewhere around 6-7 drops by State receivers... not to mention Mullen's baffling playcalling at times...

Michael Dyer looks lost... Fannin is still.. well.. Fannin...(not an efficient runner, but excellent receiver out of the backfield) Gene Chizik's giant laptop thief didn't look a helluva lot better than State's QB's...

The best players on the field tonight were Pernell McPhee (kids a beast), Derek Sherrod (always been a very nice looking tackle prospect), McCalebb is fast as greased lightning, and Neiko Thorpe is one of the best cornerbacks in the SEC behind Peterson... and the Fairley kid at DT...

Sad part is... this game wasn't much better to watch than the 3-2 game these two played in 2008...

iceman7213
09-10-2010, 12:09 AM
I actually enjoyed the game, I was afraid it was gonna be a blow out but obviously Malzahn kept the gameplan simple and didnt wanna open it up to much. Auburn better work on that D bc the games arent gonna get any easier.

Fin_Frenzy_84
09-10-2010, 12:21 AM
Auburn!!!! Just like iceman said malzahn kept the gameplan simple... When we play a big team we will pull out the trick plays. Also I agree that D needs to get better. Put it here a win is a win. We will be fine.

Fin_Frenzy_84
09-10-2010, 12:23 AM
By the way whats up with the AUful... I smell a rawhide fan

TedSlimmJr
09-10-2010, 12:30 AM
By the way whats up with the AUful... I smell a rawhide fan

Namor still hasn't brought you that shovel yet?

Go sit in the corner stepchild until Bama says it's ok for you to come out and get beat... If State's receivers could catch they would've won by 2 touchdowns...

What you smell is the stench from that Barn down there you call a campus...

iceman7213
09-10-2010, 01:15 AM
Do you have a funny nickname for that crap school known as ole miss?

TedSlimmJr
09-10-2010, 01:59 AM
I don't know... Ole Miss doesn't really need to be tricked up to be funny... especially after last Saturday..

If Ole Miss wasn't a charter member of the SEC, Mike Slive might consider replacing them with Jacksonville St...

Any true SEC fan worth his salt understands that this is how we talk about each other inside the conference... but it's not allowed by outsiders...

BobDole
09-10-2010, 02:14 AM
fairley was the most disruptive player on the field. i'll be keeping an eye on him.

mcphee is about as good a pass rusher as it gets. not horrible against the run either. kid's got a future.

i don't know what to think about auburn after this game. bad offensive play calling on both sides IMO. i will say one thing though - newton is a LOAD to bring down. i can't decide if it is the same old auburn or if state's D is that good - or a combination of the two.

emeraldfin
09-10-2010, 05:04 AM
fairley was the most disruptive player on the field. i'll be keeping an eye on him.

mcphee is about as good a pass rusher as it gets. not horrible against the run either. kid's got a future.

i don't know what to think about auburn after this game. bad offensive play calling on both sides IMO. i will say one thing though - newton is a LOAD to bring down. i can't decide if it is the same old auburn or if state's D is that good - or a combination of the two.

Only seen snippets of the game, but at 6'6 250lbs I'm not surprised. Can the dude pass the ball?

Namor
09-10-2010, 09:16 AM
Just wait till Auburn's DB's see some real recievers.
Both of those teams need to get alot better,or they will get punished.

Namor
09-10-2010, 09:28 AM
Cam Newton's major at Auburn is Laptop technology
with a minor in criminal justice.

BobDole
09-10-2010, 10:20 AM
Only seen snippets of the game, but at 6'6 250lbs I'm not surprised. Can the dude pass the ball?

he's got an arm but no accuracy. he won't be a QB at the next level - if he makes it that far.

BobDole
09-10-2010, 10:22 AM
Just wait till Auburn's DB's see some real recievers.
Both of those teams need to get alot better,or they will get punished.

i think their DB's are pretty solid. nothing crazy - but a decent group overall. that D has always been good since i've been watching football. offense is ALWAYS their problem.

don't sleep on thorpe, namor. kid can play.

Rafiki
09-10-2010, 01:10 PM
I was impressed with Miss. St.'s defense. I was not impressed with Auburn's special teams.

Bumpus
09-10-2010, 01:47 PM
SEC football is just soooo boring. When are they gonna get around to adding some good programs?