PDA

View Full Version : NYJUNC Post Bashed on TGG

NYPhin24
09-14-2010, 10:27 AM
http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=59239

The Defense Cost Us The Game
"I know people will look at 10 pts allowed and tell us the D was great, they'll blame the O who was horrible but the D simply couldn't get off the field on 3rd downs whether by a penalty or not.

Bal converted on 3rd and 9, 3rd and 13, 3rd and 28, 3rd and 9, 3rd and 9, 3rd and 10, 3rd and 7, 3rd and 10, 3rd and 10.

This is not big time defense, this is not what a dominant defense does. We can blame some bad calls but when you play undisciplined football you aren't getting the benefit of the doubt w/ the officials and we deserved most of those penalties.

Instead of eating cheeseburgers on the field maybe the DBs should have been working? Cromartie was BRUTAL, he was picked on all night and it could have been alot worse. Wilson was bad but I'll cut him some slack since it was his first game. Revis wasn't really tested though watching him he didn't look normal yet and that is to be expected which is bad news for next week.

The O was awful but b/c Baltimore controlled the clock our O could never get into a rythm. I believe b/c the D couldn't get off the field the O then tried to work the clock instead of just playing offense, the tempo was terrible. Every play we were running down the playclock and looked hurried. I understand playing conservative w/ our D against their D but at some point you have to let the QB play.

It's one game and it was against a top DT but Slauson was awful, I have never seen Faneca bowled over the way I saw Slauson get bowled over. Some of our worst fears came true in this game w/ the LG, w/ Greene's fumbling, w/ Jenkins' injury.

On STs we were great, Folk was perfect, Weatherford had one of the best games I have ever seen from a Jets punter, coverage was good, returns were good. No complaints on STs.

We expected a low scoring defense dominated game and we got that, we saw one D look like a dominant D and another look like a paper tiger again. Our D is very good, it's not great YET.

Regardless of what happened last night it is just one game and we played about as poorly as we could and still lost by just 1 point to a top team so all is not lost. It was frustrating and I kind of expect to be 0-2 but there's alot of football to be played and I think we will be fine over the long haul. "

Lets remember this next time hes over here saying their defense is the best in te universe, heres some responses from his fellow Jets fans

"Sigh . . . "

"Undisciplined play everywhere cost this team.... If the offense showed up like the Defense then the outcome may have been different.

If the defense cost this team you dont know football.... "

"being ridiculous for the sake of being ridiculous.
yawn. "

"what drug are you on. The offense sucks"

"D was on the field all day. Dont you think they get tired? Not there fault, dumb a**. "

"Dude, this is BEYOND stupid. If not for the Jets' defense this game is a 28-3 blowout. The Ravens' offense was largely stymied by the Jets' D. The Jets' offense consistently had good field position and turned in a historically awful performance.

It's not realistic to ask much more of your defense. It is, however, very necessary to ask more of your offense. If you think this game is on the defense, I don't really know what to say to you. "

"The offense did NOTHING. Which caused the D to be on the field all day, getting tired. Which caused them to let up 3rd downs. Man people here are stupid. " :lol:

"Stop with your arrogance. I understand your retarded point, but it's complete bull**** to say the D cost us the game when the offense was beyond stagnant.

stop trolling." :lol::chuckle:

greasyObnoxious
09-14-2010, 10:28 AM
hm, they bring in Jason Taylor and in the first real game play poor on money downs. got to love it

SpurzN703
09-14-2010, 10:29 AM
Why is this in the main forum? You're giving Junc too much credit

Mile High Fin
09-14-2010, 10:31 AM
A peek into the insane asylum...

NYPhin24
09-14-2010, 10:33 AM
Why is this in the main forum? You're giving Junc too much credit

because sadly enough hes on this site more than TGG

Miamifinz
09-14-2010, 10:35 AM
Defense did mess up last night. When it mattered the most they sputtered as badly as their offense. I got cho back NYJunc

rev kev
09-14-2010, 10:35 AM
I was going to "thank you" but I cannot - this post just supports what we knew all along about a certain someone's football IQ

nyjunc
09-14-2010, 10:37 AM

"I know people will look at 10 pts allowed and tell us the D was great, they'll blame the O who was horrible but the D simply couldn't get off the field on 3rd downs whether by a penalty or not.

Bal converted on 3rd and 9, 3rd and 13, 3rd and 28, 3rd and 9, 3rd and 9, 3rd and 10, 3rd and 7, 3rd and 10, 3rd and 10.

This is not big time defense, this is not what a dominant defense does. We can blame some bad calls but when you play undisciplined football you aren't getting the benefit of the doubt w/ the officials and we deserved most of those penalties.

Instead of eating cheeseburgers on the field maybe the DBs should have been working? Cromartie was BRUTAL, he was picked on all night and it could have been alot worse. Wilson was bad but I'll cut him some slack since it was his first game. Revis wasn't really tested though watching him he didn't look normal yet and that is to be expected which is bad news for next week.

The O was awful but b/c Baltimore controlled the clock our O could never get into a rythm. I believe b/c the D couldn't get off the field the O then tried to work the clock instead of just playing offense, the tempo was terrible. Every play we were running down the playclock and looked hurried. I understand playing conservative w/ our D against their D but at some point you have to let the QB play.

It's one game and it was against a top DT but Slauson was awful, I have never seen Faneca bowled over the way I saw Slauson get bowled over. Some of our worst fears came true in this game w/ the LG, w/ Greene's fumbling, w/ Jenkins' injury.

On STs we were great, Folk was perfect, Weatherford had one of the best games I have ever seen from a Jets punter, coverage was good, returns were good. No complaints on STs.

We expected a low scoring defense dominated game and we got that, we saw one D look like a dominant D and another look like a paper tiger again. Our D is very good, it's not great YET.

Regardless of what happened last night it is just one game and we played about as poorly as we could and still lost by just 1 point to a top team so all is not lost. It was frustrating and I kind of expect to be 0-2 but there's alot of football to be played and I think we will be fine over the long haul. "

Lets remember this next time hes over here saying their defense is the best in te universe, heres some responses from his fellow Jets fans

"Sigh . . . "

"Undisciplined play everywhere cost this team.... If the offense showed up like the Defense then the outcome may have been different.

yawn. "

"D was on the field all day. Dont you think they get tired? Not there fault, dumb a**. "

"Dude, this is BEYOND stupid. If not for the Jets' defense this game is a 28-3 blowout. The Ravens' offense was largely stymied by the Jets' D. The Jets' offense consistently had good field position and turned in a historically awful performance.

It's not realistic to ask much more of your defense. It is, however, very necessary to ask more of your offense. If you think this game is on the defense, I don't really know what to say to you. "

"The offense did NOTHING. Which caused the D to be on the field all day, getting tired. Which caused them to let up 3rd downs. Man people here are stupid. " :lol:

"Stop with your arrogance. I understand your retarded point, but it's complete bull**** to say the D cost us the game when the offense was beyond stagnant.

Whether one person agrees w/ me or not doesn't matter, I form my own opinions BUT how come you didn't post the tons of posters who agreed w/ me and just focused on the negative responses? On every board in every thread people will agree and disagree. I don't get why this is shocking to you.

nyjunc
09-14-2010, 10:39 AM
I was going to "thank you" but I cannot - this post just supports what we knew all along about a certain someone's football IQ

Those that cannot dig deeper don't understand. People see 10 pts allowed and ssume our D was great, others see what was actually happening.

flynryan15
09-14-2010, 10:42 AM
Hey Junc I agree with you! Does that help? Your defense did stink, to bad your offense sucks worse!

MadDog 88
09-14-2010, 10:43 AM
Those that cannot dig deeper don't understand. People see 10 pts allowed and ssume our D was great, others see what was actually happening.
Junc, your defense did not COST you the game they just didn't play very disciplined football. Your offense cost you that game.

rev kev
09-14-2010, 10:45 AM

Did you catch the 3 quarters where your D stacked Ray Rice and Willis McGahee... while your O had 4 first downs after 3 quarters... D is bound to crack eventually - and everyone on NY nerves are in shock when "the reach" is under Center

Tunaphish429
09-14-2010, 10:46 AM
If your defense cant get off the field than the offense cant get on it..

Ravens ran almost double the amount of offense's plays that the Jets ran..

The score is the thing that matters..but if you cant get off the field you can score any points..

But the offense had its fair share of miscues as well..Fumbles and such..

Jets D made some plays...2 fumble recoveries and a pick?

I dont know that you can blame all of this on the D..

rev kev
09-14-2010, 10:48 AM
Junc it's OK man..., step away from the ledge and think about it... "we got Becked" NY got "Becked" it's just back to the drawing board man...

raving
09-14-2010, 10:48 AM
I cannot stand that this guy is on our site posting all the time and now you have to drag another of his ignorant, smelly green, pathetic posts over to our site. Get this guys foolish posts the hell out of here and I mean it! Can't we do something to get him to move on? Isn't enough that he's a Jets fan?

greasyObnoxious
09-14-2010, 10:49 AM

yeah, and all three turnovers gave their offense the ball in Baltimore territory. the only got two FG's out of this. their D didn't play like i expected them to, but the O did absolutely nothing to help out.

childoftheko4n
09-14-2010, 10:54 AM
Anyone who thinks the defense costed the Jets the game simple didnt see the game. God Mark Sanchez is the man! that offense is amazing

nyjunc
09-14-2010, 11:10 AM
Did you catch the 3 quarters where your D stacked Ray Rice and Willis McGahee... while your O had 4 first downs after 3 quarters... D is bound to crack eventually - and everyone on NY nerves are in shock when "the reach" is under Center

Did you watch how they shredded us on 3rd and longs in the pass game? we dominate dteir run game but they killed us threw the air. The passing yardage #s do not tell the whole story as we had so many penalties that kept drives alive for Baltimore.

If your defense cant get off the field than the offense cant get on it..

Ravens ran almost double the amount of offense's plays that the Jets ran..

The score is the thing that matters..but if you cant get off the field you can score any points..

But the offense had its fair share of miscues as well..Fumbles and such..

It's certainly not all on the D, the O was bad and they deserve blame as well but we knew going in this was going to be a low scoring defensive battle and that we couldn't turn it over so they were very conservative on O. The most surprising part of last night's game was the D on 3rd and longs, we got killed over and over and over again.

We allowed 3rd down conversions of 3rd and 9, 3rd and 13, 3rd and 28, 3rd and 9, 3rd and 9, 3rd and 10, 3rd and 7, 3rd and 10, 3rd and 10.

Krie30511
09-14-2010, 11:12 AM
NYJUNC is a closet Dolfan

Yamilo
09-14-2010, 11:15 AM

JUNC, I have been watching your posts on TGG for a while now and I have to say you are a classy poster all the way around. Specially the post about Namath not being HOF worthy, that was a gem. Trust me when I say that I am not being sarcastic. I actually find myself agreeing with you on 3/4 of the posts you make. If there is a less biased member on these boards and TGG it is you man. KUDOS

j-off-her-doll
09-14-2010, 11:17 AM
To a certain extent, I agree. Cromartie and Wilson were terrible. Wilson's a rookie, and I expect him to improve and eventually take Cromartie's spot.

Sanchez was horrible, but the strength of that team is the D, and despite a lackluster performance by the Ravens offense, they were unable to "win" that game for the Jets.

Phinatic8u
09-14-2010, 11:17 AM
Junc, your defense did not COST you the game they just didn't play very disciplined football. Your offense cost you that game.

Denard Robinson is a ****ing beast!!

j-off-her-doll
09-14-2010, 11:21 AM
The Jets D really didn't force those TO's. Flacco held the ball on a 3-step drop, where his O-linemen were cut blocking. Flacco looked like Pat White on that play. Then, Willis starting fighting for sideways yards (in other words - none) with the ball exposed. The 3rd TO was the result of a broken pattern.

Dredd1050
09-14-2010, 11:23 AM
I don't want to hear a PEEP from Jet-nation until they win a game...HECK, until they convert two first downs in one drive!!!

rev kev
09-14-2010, 11:25 AM
Did you watch how they shredded us on 3rd and longs in the pass game? we dominate dteir run game but they killed us threw the air. The passing yardage #s do not tell the whole story as we had so many penalties that kept drives alive for Baltimore.

Hey you have the feast or folly D - that's the way you guys play - They responded in the second half and your blitz stalled that's why he had about 50% completion rate and over 10 yards a completion - the reason your first post actualy SUCKED and it did.. is that you refuse to be balanced about what you see in "the reach"..., anyone on TGG is wearing those same John Beck is gonna be good wait and see glasses

It's certainly not all on the D, the O was bad and they deserve blame as well but we knew going in this was going to be a low scoring defensive battle and that we couldn't turn it over so they were very conservative on O. The most surprising part of last night's game was the D on 3rd and longs, we got killed over and over and over again.

We allowed 3rd down conversions of 3rd and 9, 3rd and 13, 3rd and 28, 3rd and 9, 3rd and 9, 3rd and 10, 3rd and 7, 3rd and 10, 3rd and 10.

Greene and Sanchise cost you the game - shoulda kept Thomas Jones he was your rock back there - two sophomores with fear written all over them one with average skills - may be asking a little much...

AphexPhin
09-14-2010, 11:28 AM
Seriously, why is this a topic? And why the hell is it a topic in the Miami Dolphins section?????????

k33vinj
09-14-2010, 11:39 AM
some people may ask why couldnt the jets d get off the field, just take a look at that ALL OUT BLITZ. that blitz is just stupid and uncalled for. theyre putting to much pressure on cromartie and the rookie. when they do that blitz those CBs cannot get beat at all, thats why they had so many PI calls.

WVDolphan
09-14-2010, 11:48 AM
hm, they bring in Jason Taylor and in the first real game play poor on money downs. got to love it

JT was always horrible in the clutch wasnt he.

mikethewreck
09-14-2010, 11:51 AM
I think the issue with the Jests is deeper than offense or defense. Junc touched on it but it looks to me the issue is discipline.

I had the pleasure of growing up in South Florida with Don Shula as a head coach. Shoes still exudes class everywhere he goes. One thing you could count on every year like clockwork, that the Dolphins would be among the least-penalized team in the NFL. Seemed like every year we were in the running. Sometimes we didn't play as well as we would like but the Phins always played tough and played smart.

I didn't watch Hard Knocks (no HBO, don't know if I can sit and watch Ryan for that long) but have read many commentators and bloggers talk about episodes. The one thing that jumps out at me is the apparent lack of discipline from the top down. When your coach rants and raves (and even trash talks with opposing players) and laughs off people coming late to meetings (Taylor), I think there is a discipline issue. The female reporter and the cheeseburger incidents (even the Sanchez hot dog last year) are indicators. I am obese like Rex, and I believe even that condition is a (self-) discipline issue.

In Baltimore Ryan had Ray Lewis (who may be, along with Mike Singletary, the most intense individual ever to play in the NFL) enforcing discipline on the team. Ray carries himself to such a high performance standard and gets on other team members who are slacking off. Rex could be loose with that squad; Lewis (and Ed Reed) made sure everyone toed the line.

Is there anyone on the Jests team (now that leaders like Jones and Faneca are down the road) ready to be that kind of a leader? LT and Taylor are imports who do not yet command a presence in the locker room. Bart Scott is not Ray Lewis. Sanchez? Please. His play does yet not merit the aura of a leader. Revis has been gone all camp and has been radiating "me-first" attitude all year. Rex can't let this team police itself like he did the Ravens defense.

I have been in the military (and military-like organizations) for much of my life. Discipline is like a genie; once it's out of the bottle it's hell getting it back in. Once a team decides it can do what it wants, it does just that until concentrated, directed effort is applied. This is why excellent organizations (see: Patsies, Steelers, Colts...I can hate and admire them at the same time) practice discipline at all times. How often have you seen a Belicheat team beat themselves? They can be beat, but they don't beat themselves.

I saw a lot of talent on the Jests last night but a lack of consistency. Cromartie would make a good play and then a stupid penalty. A receiver running out of bounds untouched and not getting the first down on fourth down. You can't let the opposition convert third and long and call yourself a good defense which is what happened over and over last night. You can't make 1 third down in the game and have a chance on offense. The turnover battle was won by the Jests but they still lost. That shouldn't happen if you are good. Penalties, penalties, penalties. It reminds me of the second Jests game last year where they beat us every way except on special teams and in the final score. Disciplined teams are consistent. They may be consistently bad but they will at least be consistent.

The Jests beat themselves last night, and have no one but themselves to blame. And now here come the Patsies, already clicking on all cylinders, coming down the road. Next week might be ugly. If the Dolphins pull out a win at home, and the Jests go 0-3, the wings could come off that plane. I think they have more than enough talent to pull out a good year, but they are in a dangerous place. A team built on bravado and enthusiasm can collapse or shine.

Being a Dolphin fan I'm pulling for the former.

Dredd1050
09-14-2010, 11:54 AM
Sloppy and undisciplined. Just like the head coach. Now let's see what they do.

flynryan15
09-14-2010, 11:59 AM
I'm calling total meltdown after us and the Pats smack them around!

Adam First
09-14-2010, 12:03 PM
Junc is absolutely right. Elite defenses also don't make boneheaded mistakes like they did yesterday. The key to beating the Jest defense: don't throw to Revis, throw all day at Cromartie and Kyle Wilson, and neutralize the blitz.

Wildbill3
09-14-2010, 12:04 PM
because sadly enough hes on this site more than TGG
Can you blame him?

ryan0398
09-14-2010, 12:12 PM
I think the issue with the Jests is deeper than offense or defense. Junc touched on it but it looks to me the issue is discipline.

I had the pleasure of growing up in South Florida with Don Shula as a head coach. Shoes still exudes class everywhere he goes. One thing you could count on every year like clockwork, that the Dolphins would be among the least-penalized team in the NFL. Seemed like every year we were in the running. Sometimes we didn't play as well as we would like but the Phins always played tough and played smart.

I didn't watch Hard Knocks (no HBO, don't know if I can sit and watch Ryan for that long) but have read many commentators and bloggers talk about episodes. The one thing that jumps out at me is the apparent lack of discipline from the top down. When your coach rants and raves (and even trash talks with opposing players) and laughs off people coming late to meetings (Taylor), I think there is a discipline issue. The female reporter and the cheeseburger incidents (even the Sanchez hot dog last year) are indicators. I am obese like Rex, and I believe even that condition is a (self-) discipline issue.

In Baltimore Ryan had Ray Lewis (who may be, along with Mike Singletary, the most intense individual ever to play in the NFL) enforcing discipline on the team. Ray carries himself to such a high performance standard and gets on other team members who are slacking off. Rex could be loose with that squad; Lewis (and Ed Reed) made sure everyone toed the line.

Is there anyone on the Jests team (now that leaders like Jones and Faneca are down the road) ready to be that kind of a leader? LT and Taylor are imports who do not yet command a presence in the locker room. Bart Scott is not Ray Lewis. Sanchez? Please. His play does yet not merit the aura of a leader. Revis has been gone all camp and has been radiating "me-first" attitude all year. Rex can't let this team police itself like he did the Ravens defense.

I have been in the military (and military-like organizations) for much of my life. Discipline is like a genie; once it's out of the bottle it's hell getting it back in. Once a team decides it can do what it wants, it does just that until concentrated, directed effort is applied. This is why excellent organizations (see: Patsies, Steelers, Colts...I can hate and admire them at the same time) practice discipline at all times. How often have you seen a Belicheat team beat themselves? They can be beat, but they don't beat themselves.

I saw a lot of talent on the Jests last night but a lack of consistency. Cromartie would make a good play and then a stupid penalty. A receiver running out of bounds untouched and not getting the first down on fourth down. You can't let the opposition convert third and long and call yourself a good defense which is what happened over and over last night. You can't make 1 third down in the game and have a chance on offense. The turnover battle was won by the Jests but they still lost. That shouldn't happen if you are good. Penalties, penalties, penalties. It reminds me of the second Jests game last year where they beat us every way except on special teams and in the final score. Disciplined teams are consistent. They may be consistently bad but they will at least be consistent.

The Jests beat themselves last night, and have no one but themselves to blame. And now here come the Patsies, already clicking on all cylinders, coming down the road. Next week might be ugly. If the Dolphins pull out a win at home, and the Jests go 0-3, the wings could come off that plane. I think they have more than enough talent to pull out a good year, but they are in a dangerous place. A team built on bravado and enthusiasm can collapse or shine.

Being a Dolphin fan I'm pulling for the former.

enjoyed this post. Spot on in my opinion. Disapline may be a huge factor here. I think we (as a fan base here on finheaven) need to slow down a little. Jets are a really good football team. They will give us trouble and be extrememly difficult to beat. Im hoping the locker room becomes a little unglued if they start 0-2.

DolfanDuBbZ~
09-14-2010, 12:13 PM
On a episode of ' Hard Knocks ', Ryan complained about the lack of leadership. Then in another episode he said Coles and TRich were great leaders, then he cuts them.

Oh well, the house of cards don't look like they will be standing for long.

Kinzua
09-14-2010, 12:16 PM
Junc, your offense didn't score a TD, even though they got the ball the first time just outside the 10! Sorry, when your D holds the opposition to 10 points, the loss is on the offense.

Cam Cameron deliberately picked on your rookie DB and on Cromartie BTW.

16phinsrfast
09-14-2010, 12:33 PM
JUNC, your always welcome here. I understand your a realist and a bit bias at times, but as Im sure you know if the Jets playcall doesn't get Sanchez comfortable it will be a long season for the Jets O. Your D look f-ing stout on the run. It sucks to see Jenkins go down I want the jets at full strength on Sunday night.

sharp
09-14-2010, 12:46 PM
junc how you gonna let whiteshoe attack you like that? damnit WSW

SpaceMountain16
09-14-2010, 12:55 PM
Junc = closet Dolphins fan. No wonder he annoys them too.

MiamiDolphins34
09-14-2010, 01:01 PM
junc hates to love the Dolphins.

JEDIJ007
09-14-2010, 01:02 PM
J-e-t-s suck! Suck! Suck!

X-Pacolypse
09-14-2010, 01:02 PM
Even TGG knows that Junk's posts are crap. I'm so happy that I put him and the rest of the Jet trolls on "ignore." Makes my Finheaven experience a whole lot better.

FORMER FIN1
09-14-2010, 01:04 PM

Junk youre almost like a man without a country. Gettin hammered on here and your swamp idiots cant understand that 14 penalties for 150 yards would have a negative affect on the game. Your offense was horrible though, no question but if Keller gets that first maybe you get a field goal and get out of there with one.

FORMER FIN1
09-14-2010, 01:06 PM
Junc, your offense didn't score a TD, even though they got the ball the first time just outside the 10! Sorry, when your D holds the opposition to 10 points, the loss is on the offense.

Cam Cameron deliberately picked on your rookie DB and on Cromartie BTW.

How bout your sorry *** offense. KINSUUUUUUUUUUUUIE

bpackers13
09-14-2010, 01:19 PM
Holy ****, even the Jills fans are bashing the Jests. WOW!!!!!!!!!!

tay0365
09-14-2010, 01:30 PM

I agree with you, Flacco was extremely inconsistant last night, and if he had played better, the Ravens might have scored more points w/ all the mistakes in the secondary.

nyjunc
09-14-2010, 01:30 PM
Junc = closet Dolphins fan. No wonder he annoys them too.

I annoy everyone:D Many people do not like strong, educated opinions.

Junk youre almost like a man without a country. Gettin hammered on here and your swamp idiots cant understand that 14 penalties for 150 yards would have a negative affect on the game. Your offense was horrible though, no question but if Keller gets that first maybe you get a field goal and get out of there with one.

I'm loved there as I am here. people get annoyed w/ me but the boards wouldn't be the same w/o me. I understand I have a posting style that can irritate some people so I can take people firing back at me. It's all in fun, some understand this and some do not.

qmar
09-14-2010, 01:40 PM

"Sigh . . . "

yawn. "

I actually think Junc was dead on. Their defense played very well in certain situations but I have never seen a team give up that many 3rd and long conversions let alone a defense that is supposed to be "one of the best of all time" according to analysts and Rex. The penalties were terrible and if not for those penalties, this game could have easily been 9-0 and a Jets win. That's no tribute to the offense though and I think Junc made sure to specify that as well. The offense looked horrific especially the play calling. Either Schottenheimer is a joke for an OC or the Jets really know what they have in Sanchez and will never let him throw the ball down field against this type of defense.

I think it's safe to say that the Pats are going to throttle this team next week and we are going to have to play our home opener against a hungry team. Hate to see guys get injured, but boy am I glad Jenkins is out. I was impressed though with how the Jets were still able to absolutely shut the Ravens run game down even after Jenkins got hurt. Either the Jets have some incredible depth along the line or the Ravens offensive line isn't all it's cracked up to be. I think it's probably a little of both.

Wadeshow
09-14-2010, 01:42 PM
The Jets Defense Was great on 1st and 2nd down. I was watching that game and by the third qrt I was thinking this defense is not that great overall. If you are going to be an all out blitz team you need capable corners that will not get beat every play like Cormartie. I knew when you traded him he was bad but man he is worse then I thought.

What I want to know is will Rex move Revis from the LCB spot when Miami plays them or just let him cover that side even if Marshall is on the other side. If he lets Revis sit on that other side from Marshall you will have a long long night in 2 weeks because Cormartie couldnt cover Vince Wilfork running a route.

qmar
09-14-2010, 01:49 PM
The Jets Defense Was great on 1st and 2nd down. I was watching that game and by the third qrt I was thinking this defense is not that great overall. If you are going to be an all out blitz team you need capable corners that will not get beat every play like Cormartie. I knew when you traded him he was bad but man he is worse then I thought.

What I want to know is will Rex move Revis from the LCB spot when Miami plays them or just let him cover that side even if Marshall is on the other side. If he lets Revis sit on that other side from Marshall you will have a long long night in 2 weeks because Cormartie couldnt cover Vince Wilfork running a route.

Cromartie is actually a very aggressive corner and more often than not it bites him in the a$$. He made a great play on the pass to Boldin, he got his head turned real quick and was able to make a play on the ball. The rest of the night proved that with veteran WR's (i.e. Mason, Housh, etc.), who run good routes, Cromartie will get picked apart. They better have Revis mirroring Marshall b/c if not, you could see 150+ yards from Brandon in 2 weeks. Cromoartie will not be able to cover him.

miamiron
09-14-2010, 02:22 PM
NYJUNC is a closet Dolfan

closet something