PDA

View Full Version : Jets Imploding?

MadDog 88
09-14-2010, 02:08 PM
Reports are circulating that Rex and Schotty had a shoving match at the end of the game. I have to wonder if Schotty connected on a body blow, how far his forearm sunk in to Rex's abdomen. My money is to the elbow. :lol:

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=59265

DefensiveEnd76
09-14-2010, 02:16 PM
I would love to see someone punch that fat bag of hot air and knock his $%* out cold.

flynryan15
09-14-2010, 02:17 PM
I ****ing love it

X-Pacolypse
09-14-2010, 02:19 PM
I would love to see someone punch that fat bag of hot air and knock his $%* out cold.

I just want ONE. Just give me ONE good swing at Rex Ryan. I've never really wanted to inflict bodily harm on an NFL coach before, but Rex is just begging for it.

Vaark
09-14-2010, 02:20 PM
I read that they had to pull Bluto off Babyschott.. over sitting Greene down. How could you not love this?

I stand by my prediction last night that a few more humiliations and Tub-O-Lard fires babyS, thinks he's up to taking over the offensive playcalling also and before season's end implodes in a bigger detonation than used to crumple the old Meadowlands.

TKAllDay
09-14-2010, 02:23 PM
Lmao I wonder if Ryan ate him ? Too bad Jenkins was too hurt to break the fight up

flynryan15
09-14-2010, 02:23 PM
I wish Sparano would get in a shoving match with Henning and fist pump him!

datruth55
09-14-2010, 02:24 PM
Reminds me of the time Buddy Ryan, Rex's dad, clocked Kevin Gilbride on the sidelines during an Oilers game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPK3cDl7Ftw

DefensiveEnd76
09-14-2010, 02:26 PM
I heard that Fat Rex didn't actually mean to shove Schotty, it's just that Schotty got in the way when Rex was trying to get to the hotdog vendor

circumstances
09-14-2010, 02:28 PM
saying the jets are imploding is like saying poo has a strong tendency to stink.a failure organization is a failure organization. sometimes it just takes the body a little while to realize the head has passed beyond this mortal coil.wow what an aberration last year was, even with the crazy breaks they got along the way.

Phin-o-rama
09-14-2010, 02:28 PM
lol

rev kev
09-14-2010, 02:39 PM
Yes but the media loves guys like Rex and basically encourage him to go off - they bring a good story - make the media's job simple

Minnphin
09-14-2010, 02:41 PM
With the professionalism and class that Rex Ryan has shown up to this point, I have a really hard time believing this. NY Tabloid BS...

miamirw
09-14-2010, 02:46 PM
pass the popcorn please.

Clipse
09-14-2010, 02:51 PM
Incarcerated Bob Reported on his Twitter account that there was a "shoving match" after the game between Rex Ryan and offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer because of the benching of RB Shawn Green and play calling.

http://www.rotoinfo.com/comments-2010_09_04_01_26_pm__Shonn_Greene_RB-44230.html

I don't take twitter too seriously but this guy is a credible source apparently on TGG. If this is true, :lol: This team is imploding like I claimed they would and I love every bit of it.

Clipse
09-14-2010, 02:57 PM
Just posted the same thing, didn't see this thread. The ****ing Jets blow. Damn right they are imploding just like I, and everyone else not a clueless Jet Fan or member of ESPN expected to happen. They cashed a check their ***** can't cash because they're not a very good football team. They lucked in to the playoffs, and lucked into an AFC Championship game. They bought their own hype and reality is setting in that they're just as bad a football team as they were last year when Rex Ryan needed to cry to get his team to play a good game against the Pats, and still got destroyed. This team is a joke, and will battle for last in the division with the Bills.

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

I wish Sparano would get in a shoving match with Henning and fist pump him!

Zing!

CalDolFan1014
09-14-2010, 03:01 PM
I just want ONE. Just give me ONE good swing at Rex Ryan. I've never really wanted to inflict bodily harm on an NFL coach before, but Rex is just begging for it.

Remember, a swift hit to the face when he opens his fat mouth...then pure body shots!

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/10/kingrexo-1.jpg

Myles Fynch
09-14-2010, 03:05 PM

They can't fight, they're in totally different weight divisions. :lol:

nyjunc
09-14-2010, 03:10 PM
You guys are so desperate for anti-Jet news you will latch on to anything, one loss- a 1 pt loss to a good team and now the season is over:lol:

Clipse
09-14-2010, 03:17 PM
You guys are so desperate for anti-Jet news you will latch on to anything, one loss- a 1 pt loss to a good team and now the season is over:lol:

You act like a 1 point loss means anything. We beat the Bills by only 5, doesn't mean we didn't destroy them though. You guys got embarassed in your new stadium, and will be battling with the Bills for the opportunity to draft Jake Locker or Andrew Luck. Get over it.

FinsDBess15
09-14-2010, 03:19 PM
It's not just that, it's the fact that you guys think you're Super Bowl contenders just because you have a great defense lol. Monday showed how terrible your offense and Mark (Dirty) Sanchez is lol. The Jets are going to implode sooner or later!

CalDolFan1014
09-14-2010, 03:28 PM

Yeah it was only one game, but now the rest of the league knows the Jets' glaring offensive weaknesses and will use that for game prep and planning. The Jets have a very tough stretch coming up and if they fail to address those holes, they could easily be 2-4 or worse before their BYE week. I really don't see HOW they will address the offense at this point, to be honest. If the Jets can't put up yards against a shaky Baltimore secondary, how are they going to fair against some of the better secondaries in the league?

JoeFin
09-14-2010, 03:39 PM
Yes, it was only one game, but if this is true, then it's going to be a long, long, long -- and not to mention hilarious -- year for the Nyets.

My prediction: Sexy Rexy gets canned after going 8-8, running his fat mouth the whole time, turning surlier and surlier with each passing week, throwing one person after another under the bus. ... It's all fun and games till somebody gets their eye put out.

Ricky'sWeinerBong
09-14-2010, 03:42 PM
alot of reaching going on right now. the Jets lost a close game to a very good football team. not to mention that horrible roughing the kicker call spun the game in favour of the Ravens. if they lose to NE, then Id start to be a bit concerned if Im them.

MarshallFin1
09-14-2010, 03:42 PM
The jets are done

ckparrothead
09-14-2010, 03:44 PM
This is sourced from the same @incarceratedbob guy that Finatic8480 cited about how Jason Taylor was on the verge of getting cut before Calvin Pace got hurt.

According to TheGangGreen message boarders, a bunch of them followed @incarceratedbob's updates during the Revis drama and he was the first one to break the news that Revis had signed.

JoeFin
09-14-2010, 03:45 PM
alot of reaching going on right now. the Jets lost a close game to a very good football team. not to mention that horrible roughing the kicker call spun the game in favour of the Ravens. if they lose to NE, then Id start to be a bit concerned if Im them.

If their head coach and OC are in a physical altercation after game #1, I'd go ahead and start being concerned now.

Some Jets fans are saying, "Good, good. Wake 'em up." .... Uh, no. It's not good. Even in the NFL, this is not what you want.

oasis
09-14-2010, 03:46 PM
I think we ought to restrain our glee for a few more weeks. They played a very tough Ravens team last night. They may bounce back - remember last season they were all but mathematically eliminated from postseason contention, Rex cried, and then suddenly things turned up.

I'm just not for celebrating the demise of an enemy until it's truly a demise.

Ricky'sWeinerBong
09-14-2010, 03:47 PM
the game of football is an emotional one. these things sometimes happen. clearly the frustration level was through the roof last night for them. if they beat the Pats and Phins, watch that concern go right out the window.

MarshallFin1
09-14-2010, 03:50 PM
the game of football is an emotional one. these things sometimes happen. clearly the frustration level was through the roof last night for them. if they beat the Pats and Phins, watch that concern go right out the window.

thats just it, they wont beat us.

ckparrothead
09-14-2010, 03:51 PM
It's an awkward situation for them because of what it signals. Rex Ryan has mostly left the offense up to its own devices since joining the Jets. He's expressed confidence in them over and over again. Now they're stinking up the joint and he's trying to get his hands dirty in the offense and Schottenheimer probably resents that.

Specifically if Rex Ryan disagrees with Schottenheimer's style of play calls and the playbook, then you gotta wonder if they can even work together.

MadDog 88
09-14-2010, 03:55 PM
I think we ought to restrain our glee for a few more weeks. They played a very tough Ravens team last night. They may bounce back - remember last season they were all but mathematically eliminated from postseason contention, Rex cried, and then suddenly things turned up.

I'm just not for celebrating the demise of an enemy until it's truly a demise.
I don't see the Ravens as being this great team that so many do. Their defense is not as good as a couple of years ago, they have key injuries in the secondary and quite honestly, I was not at all impressed with Flacco last night.

I don't think the Jets improved at the end of the season it's more of things fell in to place for them. If Manning plays the entire game week 16, the Jets are not in the play offs.

finz99
09-14-2010, 03:56 PM

I'm surprised you can kind of back up the Jets in this situation. More power to you. I, on the other hand, hate the Jets more than anything in my soul, and any little bit of information about the Jets unraveling/sucking I will blow completely out of proportion because I hate them that much.

Ricky'sWeinerBong
09-14-2010, 03:57 PM
thats just it, they wont beat us.
who wins the SB? i need to get some cash down and make up for that Detroit call last week.

Ricky'sWeinerBong
09-14-2010, 03:58 PM
I'm surprised you can kind of back up the Jets in this situation. More power to you. I, on the other hand, hate the Jets more than anything in my soul, and any little bit of information about the Jets unraveling/sucking I will blow completely out of proportion because I hate them that much.

Im not backing anything up. Im just not calling them done 1 week into the season. I like to try and look at things objectively, which I know is frowned upon here.

finz99
09-14-2010, 04:00 PM
Im not backing anything up. Im just not calling them done 1 week into the season. I like to try and look at things objectively, which I know is frowned upon here.

hey, like I said, more power to you. Anything dealing with the Jets I will never look at objectively. In my eyes right now, they are sinking...and sinking fast.

MarshallFin1
09-14-2010, 04:00 PM
It's an awkward situation for them because of what it signals. Rex Ryan has mostly left the offense up to its own devices since joining the Jets. He's expressed confidence in them over and over again. Now they're stinking up the joint and he's trying to get his hands dirty in the offense and Schottenheimer probably resents that.

Specifically if Rex Ryan disagrees with Schottenheimer's style of play calls and the playbook, then you gotta wonder if they can even work together.

I think no one can work with rex ryan.

MarshallFin1
09-14-2010, 04:01 PM
who wins the SB? i need to get some cash down and make up for that Detroit call last week.

hard to say after week 1.

Ricky'sWeinerBong
09-14-2010, 04:05 PM
hard to say after week 1.

oh come on. the Jets are already done. we must know who isnt then.

nosleep
09-14-2010, 04:05 PM
The Ravens turn it over 4 times (twice in the red zone), miss a field goal and still win? The Jets got off LIGHTLY. Let's not crown the Jets Superbowl champs just because they didn't get blown out by the Ravens.

JoeFin
09-14-2010, 04:06 PM
An emotional game? Yes.

Schottenheimer's a terrible play-caller? Yes.

All true.

But to go ape-sh!t after the first game is a sign of deeper problems. ... And these problems stem from Sexy Rexy and his big mouth. He's the one that brought it on them, and now everyone (though they say they love him) is slowly starting to wake up to the fact that he's picking fights that he himself doesn't have to participate in. ... Like the way he sends the whole defense on a blitz and leaves a rookie DB (in his VERY FIRST NFL GAME) all by himself to cover excellent, experienced receivers in key situations. Why? Because blitzes are sexy. The media likes blitzes. And so Rexy thinks they're good no matter what if they'll get him attention.

LOTS of pressure now to beat the Pats in Week 2. LOTS of pressure. ... Way too much for a Week 2 game.

And if they lose again, of course the Nyets can say, correctly, that the Pats are one of the better teams in the NFL. ... And they can say that again when they play the Dolphins, and again when they play.... I'll happily listen to that excuse all season long.

By contrast, what do you think will happen if the Dolphins lose to the Vikings? Will they need to make excuses all week long to everybody in the country, or will they be able to peacefully go back to work the next week to gear up for their next game?

Myles Fynch
09-14-2010, 04:08 PM
I don't think you can stick a fork in them after losing to a team like the Ravens by 1.

But the franchise has been taking some serious PR body shots because of ol' Rex. If the Jets tumble this year and there's no football in 2011, do you want him casting his Pigpen cloud of filth over the franchise till the next real game some 19 months later? For a guy who lucked into the playoffs his first year, and then tanked in year two?

This January seems like a logical time for the team ownership to reassess the situation. If a guy like Cowher is ready to come back they could make the switch, and from a football standpoint at least, not miss a beat. Their image around the league would improve overnight.

Not sure Johnson cares about stuff like that, though. If so, on with the circus.

nyjunc
09-14-2010, 04:09 PM
Yeah it was only one game, but now the rest of the league knows the Jets' glaring offensive weaknesses and will use that for game prep and planning. The Jets have a very tough stretch coming up and if they fail to address those holes, they could easily be 2-4 or worse before their BYE week. I really don't see HOW they will address the offense at this point, to be honest. If the Jets can't put up yards against a shaky Baltimore secondary, how are they going to fair against some of the better secondaries in the league?

Not many teams have D's like Baltimore's so we'll see what happens.

You act like a 1 point loss means anything. We beat the Bills by only 5, doesn't mean we didn't destroy them though. You guys got embarassed in your new stadium, and will be battling with the Bills for the opportunity to draft Jake Locker or Andrew Luck. Get over it.

You didn't destroy them, Buf was very much in that game late in the 4th qtr and if not for an incredible punt that game could have been headed to OT.

It's not just that, it's the fact that you guys think you're Super Bowl contenders just because you have a great defense lol. Monday showed how terrible your offense and Mark (Dirty) Sanchez is lol. The Jets are going to implode sooner or later!

Our O will be better than last year and w/ that O we made the title game so we can win w/ this QB and this O.

hooshoops
09-14-2010, 04:11 PM
rex is looking for someone to blame for that ****ty pass offense...of course he's gonna pick the oc...but he should pick the qb...but that would make HIM look bad...

at the same time though that ravens d is gonna make a lot of offenses look bad...lots of long downs and distances against that front 7 on the horizon...

still don't see any way rex gets fired after this season...just signed an extension during camp and all indications i've read are the owner loves him

dolpns13
09-14-2010, 04:12 PM

that wasnt a bad call... the rule states you MUST allow the kicker to land BOTH feet on the ground safely, or its rouching, or running. The way the Jets offense and sanchez played, they would have lost to any team in the league. Did you see sanchez on the last drive? He had no clue what to do when he couldnt hear the play being called in.

where's th'fish
09-14-2010, 04:17 PM
You wanna know what's funny? The first ten responses to that thread (count them) were in the "good for the Jets" mood.

Zandimd
09-14-2010, 04:18 PM
You guys may have only lost by 1 point, but i honestly had no doubt even before the game had began that the Ravens would win. IMO the ravens completely outplayed you guys, and Flacco is very overrated.

Ricky'sWeinerBong
09-14-2010, 04:22 PM
that wasnt a bad call... the rule states you MUST allow the kicker to land BOTH feet on the ground safely, or its rouching, or running. The way the Jets offense and sanchez played, they would have lost to any team in the league. Did you see sanchez on the last drive? He had no clue what to do when he couldnt hear the play being called in.

ya, and another NFL rule told me Calvin Johnson didnt catch and control that ball.

Myles Fynch
09-14-2010, 04:24 PM
still don't see any way rex gets fired after this season...just signed an extension during camp and all indications i've read are the owner loves him

I didn't know they gave him an extension after one year into his deal. That seems kind of odd, but hey, who are we talking about?

Miamifinz
09-14-2010, 04:28 PM
If it's true, Schottenheimer will hopefully get OVERLY aggressive with Sanchize and he'll throw picks, leaving the Jets utterly clueless for week 3 vs the Dolphins! :clap:

dolpns13
09-14-2010, 04:32 PM
ya, and another NFL rule told me Calvin Johnson didnt catch and control that ball.

he shouldnt have let go of it before he got to his feet.. thats the penalty.. Johnsons fault and noone elses. rules are rules... b***h and moan all you want, but thats the reality of it.. that being said, neither one was a bad call.

dolpns13
09-14-2010, 04:33 PM
If it's true, Schottenheimer will hopefully get OVERLY aggressive with Sanchize and he'll throw picks, leaving the Jets utterly clueless for week 3 vs the Dolphins! :clap:

who do they play next week? The Rats I think?

Predaphin
09-14-2010, 04:34 PM
I heard that Fat Rex didn't actually mean to shove Schotty, it's just that Schotty got in the way when Rex was trying to get to the hotdog vendor

LMAO!!!!!!!

Right over where Sanchez was hanging out with a bunch of hot dogs in his mouth.

Miamifinz
09-14-2010, 04:36 PM
LMAO!!!!!!!

Right over where Sanchez was hanging out with a bunch of hot dogs in his mouth.

Or other cylindrical tubes of meat...

nyjunc
09-14-2010, 04:50 PM

That was a bad call, the kicker had a place to land then flopped like a Grammatica. We didn't deserve to win but that was a bad call that helped give Bal 4 more points.

Clipse
09-14-2010, 04:53 PM
Not many teams have D's like Baltimore's so we'll see what happens.

You didn't destroy them, Buf was very much in that game late in the 4th qtr and if not for an incredible punt that game could have been headed to OT.

Our O will be better than last year and w/ that O we made the title game so we can win w/ this QB and this O.

Not many teams have run defenses like Baltimore. Their secondary is laughable. Missing 3 starters.

You're delusional. Overtime? The only time they could muster up yards was when we played prevent. They could only manage a whopping 75 yards of total offense aside from that 1 drive where we went prevent. We left at least 17 points on the field with a dropped deep bomb and 2 gimme pick 6's dropped. We destroyed the Bills in the box score. We played ball control offense, and the defense destroyed the Bills offense and overhyped 1st rounder.

Your O will not be better than last year. Jets fans will be calling for Brunell to start by week 5 after having to go up against the Bills secondary, Dolphins much improved defense, and having to try and carry the team after Brady lights up that laughable secondary.

Clipse
09-14-2010, 04:56 PM
rex is looking for someone to blame for that ****ty pass offense...of course he's gonna pick the oc...but he should pick the qb...but that would make HIM look bad...

at the same time though that ravens d is gonna make a lot of offenses look bad...lots of long downs and distances against that front 7 on the horizon...

He won't be loving him after the Jets finish the season as the laughing stock of the league, missing the playoffs behind a bust QB, and an unclutch defense. Imagine the Jets offense next year without Edwards and Holmes. Lol...

fin13
09-14-2010, 04:57 PM

The jets could have won that game but the lack of discipline on both sides of the ball is destroying your chances to live up to the hype.
How many 3rd down conversions by the Raves O, how many pass interference calls, and of course the non existent running game and the fear the ravens put on the Jets did you see Keller run for the sidelines without even looking.
The Fins may have won the game by 3 sorry 5 points but they dominated the Bills I think they'll do the same to the Jets.
Your coach has an IQ two points lower than a stick, he's suppose to be a HEAD COACH not just a d coordinator.

Clipse
09-14-2010, 05:01 PM
That was a bad call, the kicker had a place to land then flopped like a Grammatica. We didn't deserve to win but that was a bad call that helped give Bal 4 more points.

You're pathetic in each and every way. It's clear to see why you're hated on not only this board, but your own as well. Could you contradict yourself anymore? Calvin Johnson was a good call because "rules are rules" but this isn't? The P has to be able to land both his feet and Edwards was clearly in the way. Rules are rules, sorry. Of course he flopped, and I don't agree with either call.

nyjunc
09-14-2010, 05:04 PM
You're pathetic in each and every way. It's clear to see why you're hated on not only this board, but your own as well. Could you contradict yourself anymore? Calvin Johnson was a good call because "rules are rules" but this isn't? The P has to be able to land both his feet and Edwards was clearly in the way. Rules are rules, sorry. Of course he flopped, and I don't agree with either call.

The difference is in this case the kicker had room to come down and he flopped, the Calvin Johnson play was the correct call though I disgaree w/ the rule.

Instead of hurling childish insults you should pay attention to my posts so in the future you might actually sound intelligent when posting.

Nappy Roots
09-14-2010, 05:30 PM

Please, that rule is in place so a punter doesn't get hurt. He could very easily blow out a knee landing on some one else. That how people **** up ankles all the time

Clipse
09-14-2010, 05:32 PM
The difference is in this case the kicker had room to come down and he flopped, the Calvin Johnson play was the correct call though I disgaree w/ the rule.

Instead of hurling childish insults you should pay attention to my posts so in the future you might actually sound intelligent when posting.

If by being able to come down you mean being able to come down on Braylon Edwards. Rules are rules, get over it. You should be more worried about Rex Ryan's coaching ability because that undisciplined play is every bit a coaching problem.

mrodriguez4096
09-14-2010, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by nyjunc http://www.finheaven.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.finheaven.com/showthread.php?p=1063565740#post1063565740) Not many teams have D's like Baltimore's so we'll see what happens.

I saw this in someone's post and couldn't believe you said this. REALLY? You can ACTUALLY have the bal-s to say your O will be better then last season????

You are TRULY the biggest homer I have ever read. And I say that because there is ZERO REASON for you to have to say this offensive piece of work on display last night will be better then what you had last season. It's already been proven, in week one, that your running game has suffered from last season. Spin it however you want too but it was Greene who fumbled, it was Greene who went to the dog house and when he was given a chance to prove himself again he DROPPED the pass. But this is gonna be a better offense?? LOL, that is just laughable.

You LG spot, which was highlighted by everyone in the off-season and dismissed by Jets fans, was and will continue to be a weak spot and that is why?? Because you got rid of Faneca. I LOVE seeing your management out-thinking themselves.

The pre-season has followed the Jets into the regular season. You might say that Rex handcuffed Sanchez but there is a reason for that. He, out of all the people, see him in practice and probably realizes that he is a turnover machine and if you let him take shots he WILL turn the ball over. In your defense the defensive group kept it close but even they will wear out and get tired because the offense could not move the ball no matter where they had it on the field.

We will see what the excuse is after week 2 and the Pats light up that secondary again.

HurriPhin
09-14-2010, 07:42 PM
Quote from Mike Patrick on Buddy Ryan punching Kevin Gilbride, "...totally classless act". Like father like son.

J-E-T-S suck suck suck!!!

WVDolphan
09-15-2010, 01:35 AM
BREAKING NEWS. WVDolphan has acquired footage of the incident in question. As you can see, it was a bit overblown, but a concern to the Jests nontheless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoY_Fahp_Qc&feature=related

WVDolphan
09-15-2010, 01:38 AM
Ricky's bong. I hate to tell you but, that was a penalty against Edwards. And it wasnt a roughing the kicker call as you stated. It was RUNNING INTO the kicker. 5 yard penalty.

And for those Jests fans who want to whine about that call. How convenient that you OVERLOOK the FACT that in that very play, Braylon Edwards used his teammate, by grabbing his jersey, to LAUNCH himself over the line and get into the backfield in an attempt to block the kick in question. That was a call MISSED by the officials. That is in fact a 15 YARD PENALTY and an automatic first down irrespective of down and distance because it falls under unsportsman like conduct and is a personal foul.

DefensiveEnd76
09-15-2010, 02:15 AM
Schotty better watch out or Fat Rex will put him between a couple slices of bread and make a sammich out of him

nyjunc
09-15-2010, 08:39 AM
Please, that rule is in place so a punter doesn't get hurt. He could very easily blow out a knee landing on some one else. That how people **** up ankles all the time

He had a place to land, he flopped.

Originally Posted by nyjunc http://www.finheaven.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.finheaven.com/showthread.php?p=1063565740#post1063565740) Not many teams have D's like Baltimore's so we'll see what happens.

I saw this in someone's post and couldn't believe you said this. REALLY? You can ACTUALLY have the bal-s to say your O will be better then last season????

You are TRULY the biggest homer I have ever read. And I say that because there is ZERO REASON for you to have to say this offensive piece of work on display last night will be better then what you had last season. It's already been proven, in week one, that your running game has suffered from last season. Spin it however you want too but it was Greene who fumbled, it was Greene who went to the dog house and when he was given a chance to prove himself again he DROPPED the pass. But this is gonna be a better offense?? LOL, that is just laughable.

You LG spot, which was highlighted by everyone in the off-season and dismissed by Jets fans, was and will continue to be a weak spot and that is why?? Because you got rid of Faneca. I LOVE seeing your management out-thinking themselves.

The pre-season has followed the Jets into the regular season. You might say that Rex handcuffed Sanchez but there is a reason for that. He, out of all the people, see him in practice and probably realizes that he is a turnover machine and if you let him take shots he WILL turn the ball over. In your defense the defensive group kept it close but even they will wear out and get tired because the offense could not move the ball no matter where they had it on the field.

We will see what the excuse is after week 2 and the Pats light up that secondary again.

Our LG is weaker but faneca wasn't a strength in pass protection either and our LG was going up against Ngata so let's see what he does against non elite DTs before we throw him away.

I'm a homer b/c I don't jump off a bridge b.c of one game? Had they scored 30 on baltimore I'd be sayiong it's one game and it doesn't mean the O has arrived.

We have more weapons than a year ago, we'll get Santonio Holmes back in a few weeks. This O will be better, they were awful the other night but that was more coaching than playing as the O was handcuffed all night b/c they didn't want a turnover to change the game.

Where did I make excuses? I said the better team won, I said our D got beat, I said our O sucked- what excuses? typical mrodriguez nonsensical post.

Ricky's bong. I hate to tell you but, that was a penalty against Edwards. And it wasnt a roughing the kicker call as you stated. It was RUNNING INTO the kicker. 5 yard penalty.

And for those Jests fans who want to whine about that call. How convenient that you OVERLOOK the FACT that in that very play, Braylon Edwards used his teammate, by grabbing his jersey, to LAUNCH himself over the line and get into the backfield in an attempt to block the kick in question. That was a call MISSED by the officials. That is in fact a 15 YARD PENALTY and an automatic first down irrespective of down and distance because it falls under unsportsman like conduct and is a personal foul.

Actually he didn't, I wonder what you guys actually watch sometimes?

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010091300/2010/REG1/ravens@jets#tab:watch

go to around the 1:55 mark and tell me how he uses a player launch himself.

We earned most of our 14 penalties, that wasn't one of them and it cost us 4 points.

where's th'fish
09-15-2010, 09:46 AM
You're not concerned about the offense because you don't think Sanchez had the disastrous season last year most people thought he had. At this point, I'm thinking JaMarcus Russell until the kid proves otherwise.

Other reasons not to be optimistic about the Jets O:

The Jets O-Line was outstandingly healthy last year. Unlikely to be 2 years in a row.

Regression to the mean: the Jets running game was the best in the league last year. Even though they'll likely be good again, it's very unlikely they'll be that good again.

The only realistic hope of improvement for Jets fans is Sanchez turning his game around -hardly a given at this point-, because even Santonio will look bad if Sanchez can't find him or get the ball to him where he can catch it.

nyjunc
09-15-2010, 09:57 AM
You're not concerned about the offense because you don't think Sanchez had the disastrous season last year most people thought he had. At this point, I'm thinking JaMarcus Russell until the kid proves otherwise.

Other reasons not to be optimistic about the Jets O:

The Jets O-Line was outstandingly healthy last year. Unlikely to be 2 years in a row.

Regression to the mean: the Jets running game was the best in the league last year. Even though they'll likely be good again, it's very unlikely they'll be that good again.

The only realistic hope of improvement for Jets fans is Sanchez turning his game around -hardly a given at this point-, because even Santonio will look bad if Sanchez can't find him or get the ball to him where he can catch it.

I KNOW he didn't have a disastrous season

I don't expect to run 600+ times so the running game will not be as good yardage wise but I expect it to be as effective.

Every team has to worry about injuries.

Once we open things up a bit our O will look alot better(plus once we are not facing a D as good as the Ravens which starts this week).

Clipse
09-15-2010, 03:28 PM

I don't expect to run 600+ times so the running game will not be as good yardage wise but I expect it to be as effective.

Once we open things up a bit our O will look alot better(plus once we are not facing a D as good as the Ravens which starts this week).

You're so in denial about Sanchez it's getting rather sad. So in denial about Sanchez you tried to blame the loss on the defense, and got laughed at on your own board. The way some of you Jet fans act reminds me EXACTLY like all the homers here in denial about Ted Ginn. 1st there was an Excitement Phase, which is over after how terrible Sanchez has been up to this point. Then there was a Disappointment Phase, which again, is over with Sanchez as he's been more than a disappointment. Then there was the Excuses Phase. People on this board used every excuse in the book for Ted Ginn, most notably that Pennington held him back. Right now that's where Jets fans are with Sanchez. Using every excuse in the book, most notably that the OC is holding him back. Then of course we got a strong armed QB, Ginn still sucked, and people entered the Denial Phase. Jets fans will soon be in that phase after the Jets let Sanchez throw and he's back to throwing pick after pick after pick after pick. Then finally there's the Get Out Phase where the vast majority of fans want the bust in question gone. The Jets will be in that phase by next year at the very latest.

nyjunc
09-15-2010, 03:32 PM
You're so in denial about Sanchez it's getting rather sad. So in denial about Sanchez you tried to blame the loss on the defense, and got laughed at on your own board. The way some of you Jet fans act reminds me EXACTLY like all the homers here in denial about Ted Ginn. 1st there was an Excitement Phase, which is over after how terrible Sanchez has been up to this point. Then there was a Disappointment Phase, which again, is over with Sanchez as he's been more than a disappointment. Then there was the Excuses Phase. People on this board used every excuse in the book for Ted Ginn, most notably that Pennington held him back. Right now that's where Jets fans are with Sanchez. Using every excuse in the book, most notably that the OC is holding him back. Then of course we got a strong armed QB, Ginn still sucked, and people entered the Denial Phase. Jets fans will soon be in that phase after the Jets let Sanchez throw and he's back to throwing pick after pick after pick after pick. Then finally there's the Get Out Phase where the vast majority of fans want the bust in question gone. The Jets will be in that phase by next year at the very latest.

To this who see the game as black and white they laugh, to those that truly understand the game and can dig deeper they know all the points I made were valid. I didn't absolve the O from their poor play but the main culprit was the D, you cannot allow an opposing O to conver the 3rd and longs w allowed Bal to convert. They allowed Bal to possess the ball for near 40 mins, we don't have a high powered O so how would our O be expected to put up big #s?

I'm not quite sure why I repsond to you, I guess I sort of feel bad w/ your lack of football knowledge.

Clipse
09-15-2010, 05:14 PM
To this who see the game as black and white they laugh, to those that truly understand the game and can dig deeper they know all the points I made were valid. I didn't absolve the O from their poor play but the main culprit was the D, you cannot allow an opposing O to conver the 3rd and longs w allowed Bal to convert. They allowed Bal to possess the ball for near 40 mins, we don't have a high powered O so how would our O be expected to put up big #s?

I'm not quite sure why I repsond to you, I guess I sort of feel bad w/ your lack of football knowledge.

The real culprit is Rex Ryan. Those penalties and undisciplined play is a coaching problem. Right after that is the offense, which was franchise record setting awful. But you keep using every excuse you can to excuse Mark Sanchez from being yet another USC bust.

nyjunc
09-15-2010, 05:31 PM
The real culprit is Rex Ryan. Those penalties and undisciplined play is a coaching problem. Right after that is the offense, which was franchise record setting awful. But you keep using every excuse you can to excuse Mark Sanchez from being yet another USC bust.

give me your address, I'll send you a copy:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/09/Football_For_Dummies-1.jpg

AphexPhin
09-15-2010, 05:44 PM
I wasnt even aware that Ed Reed didnt play. Wow:lol:

And yeah the Jets D did look pretty undisciplined BUT they did create 3 turnovers in the first half. And the Jets Offense could only muster 6 measley points??????Wow:lol2:

Clipse
09-15-2010, 05:54 PM
give me your address, I'll send you a copy:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/09/Football_For_Dummies-1.jpg

Are you disputing what I just said? If so, what? I think you'd be better served with that book.

Clipse
09-15-2010, 05:56 PM
I wasnt even aware that Ed Reed didnt play. Wow:lol:

And yeah the Jets D did look pretty undisciplined BUT they did create 3 turnovers in the first half. And the Jets Offense could only muster 6 measley points??????Wow:lol2:

And missing 2 starting corners. And the Jets had great field position consistently thanks to turnovers and some great returns.

mrodriguez4096
09-15-2010, 06:18 PM
He had a place to land, he flopped.

Our LG is weaker but faneca wasn't a strength in pass protection either and our LG was going up against Ngata so let's see what he does against non elite DTs before we throw him away.

I'm a homer b/c I don't jump off a bridge b.c of one game? Had they scored 30 on baltimore I'd be sayiong it's one game and it doesn't mean the O has arrived.

We have more weapons than a year ago, we'll get Santonio Holmes back in a few weeks. This O will be better, they were awful the other night but that was more coaching than playing as the O was handcuffed all night b/c they didn't want a turnover to change the game.

Where did I make excuses? I said the better team won, I said our D got beat, I said our O sucked- what excuses? typical mrodriguez nonsensical post.

No, your a homer because despite the fact that the game SHOWED how terrible Sanchez and the offense was, that your even willing to say the O will be better then last season. Other then wishing and praying what PROOF do you have to back up that statement?

- Was it the great performance by Sanchez? Where he wouldn't even attempt to look down field because he was too scared? Did he show you the greatness he displayed during your phony playoff run?

- Was it Greene fumbling twice and then getting benched showing you that you made the correct choice in letting Jones go?

- Of was it your LG being abused by Ngata?

Again, THAT'S WHY I called you a homer.

Big f'n deal you have more weapons this season, guess what? You still have that turd Sanchise...:lol::lol: So regardless if you had Jerry Rice he will not be getting the ball.

I love how you got laughed out of YOUR OWN FORUM but yet come here trying to call someone else out. Go back to defending your quarterback and keep saying how the OC held him back. So when he throws a bunch of INTs this weekend you can blame the WR or hell, blame the OC again.

It's comedy to see come to life what many people here were saying all off-season and that is Sanchez sucks and the Jets are nothing close to what they believe they are.

I don't expect you to make sense or admit what the entire world say, please continue to live in your bubble where the world sees things just like you do and agrees to everything you teach them.

where's th'fish
09-15-2010, 09:31 PM

You're as stubborn as a mule. You know that, don't you?

nyjunc
09-16-2010, 08:41 AM
No, your a homer because despite the fact that the game SHOWED how terrible Sanchez and the offense was, that your even willing to say the O will be better then last season. Other then wishing and praying what PROOF do you have to back up that statement?

- Was it the great performance by Sanchez? Where he wouldn't even attempt to look down field because he was too scared? Did he show you the greatness he displayed during your phony playoff run?

- Was it Greene fumbling twice and then getting benched showing you that you made the correct choice in letting Jones go?

- Of was it your LG being abused by Ngata?

Again, THAT'S WHY I called you a homer.

Big f'n deal you have more weapons this season, guess what? You still have that turd Sanchise...:lol::lol: So regardless if you had Jerry Rice he will not be getting the ball.

I love how you got laughed out of YOUR OWN FORUM but yet come here trying to call someone else out. Go back to defending your quarterback and keep saying how the OC held him back. So when he throws a bunch of INTs this weekend you can blame the WR or hell, blame the OC again.

It's comedy to see come to life what many people here were saying all off-season and that is Sanchez sucks and the Jets are nothing close to what they believe they are.

I don't expect you to make sense or admit what the entire world say, please continue to live in your bubble where the world sees things just like you do and agrees to everything you teach them.

You don't understand this game, you prove that time and time again. Sanchez didn't have a good game but they didn't let the offense play and the ravens held the ball for 40 mins, we don't have a quick strike O to be able to put up big pts in 20 mins of possession.

That turd Sanchez started for us in the AFC Championship Game and played very well in postseason.

homers here are guys like you who bash everything Jets and pump up everything dolphins. You act like a narrown victory over a bad Bills team makes you much better than us b/c we lost a close game to a top team.

I know you are new to following this game but the season is 16 games not 1.

KlausC
09-16-2010, 09:01 AM
After that offensive performance I hope Rex beat the snot out of him.

To be serious though - I think both Rex and Schotty need to work on Sanchez' mindset and relax the whole "no INT" mantra. No INT's are nice, but not at the expense of doing anything productive at all.

Junc is right that the coaches held him back. Sanchez probably took it too far though. They have a correctable problem on their hands but it needs to be corrected quickly.

mrodriguez4096
09-16-2010, 02:28 PM
You don't understand this game, you prove that time and time again. Sanchez didn't have a good game but they didn't let the offense play and the ravens held the ball for 40 mins, we don't have a quick strike O to be able to put up big pts in 20 mins of possession.

That turd Sanchez started for us in the AFC Championship Game and played very well in postseason.

homers here are guys like you who bash everything Jets and pump up everything dolphins. You act like a narrown victory over a bad Bills team makes you much better than us b/c we lost a close game to a top team.

I know you are new to following this game but the season is 16 games not 1.

- I don't understand the game? Your right, I don't, ESPN doesn't, NFL Network doesn't. Just you Junk, you are the ONLY ONE that understands the game of football.

- Did you really just bring up last year AGAIN?????? HA, you are more entertaining then that joke of an offense that played against the Ravens on Monday Night. Your so sad you cannot let that go. I knew you'd bring up last year in this season because this season was going to show your qb regressing and your team as a whole hyped up and not living to expectations.

- You are a homer and nothing more. Regardless if we won by 40 or by 5, anyone watching that game knows we dominated except for ONE DRIVE by the Bills. I don't expect you to admit that and could care less. The Dolphins left points on the field which would have shown that game on the scoreboard as a blow out, how many points did your team leave on the field? Oh yea NOTHING!

The ONLY THING you try to hang your hat on is losing by one point to a top team while the Dolphins squeezed out a win. Just like "being 30mins away from the SB" right? I know it is pointless talking to you, because if there is anyone on this board that doesn't know football it is you. And when that is questioned you quickly go to attacking the poster by telling them they must not know football.

Your team got owned in the first game. You might take joy in knowing it was only one week and your team CAN'T be worse then they displayed on MNF. Or, they really are that bad. I guess we will see this upcoming Sunday against a much better passing team then the Ravens.

Either way, we will see what excuse you use if you guys are 0-3 heading into Buffalo.