PDA

View Full Version : Were the Jets about to cut Jason Taylor?

FinAtic8480
09-14-2010, 03:18 PM
@Adam_Schefter All is well & thanks for the quick reply. Jets not happy with Jason Taylor this preseason but Pace's injury tied their hands

www.twitter.com/incarceratedbob

This guy basically is the Adam Schefter of the Jets, if his report is true and the Jets are signing Thomas, eventually when Pace comes back 99 could still get cut.

Ricky'sWeinerBong
09-14-2010, 03:20 PM
there is only 1 Adem Schefter. imitations not accepted.

X-Pacolypse
09-14-2010, 03:20 PM
Cut him, anyways. He sucks. Arrogant @sshole.

Geforce
09-14-2010, 03:22 PM
Personally I don't care.

Not to be mean or anything but...what does this have to do with the Miami Dolphins.

ckparrothead
09-14-2010, 03:24 PM
I see Rob that you already intercepted my tweets.

Since I was the guy that tweeted out about this @incarceratedbob fellow in the first place let me say that I don't know him, I don't have any personal knowledge that he's reliable in any way whatsoever. He claims to have broken several stories about the Jets through his connections, and to be involved with WFAN in some way. He claims that he broke this story about Jason Taylor being on the outs but that Calvin Pace's injury prevented them cutting him, and then Mike Francessa also ran with the same story. He also claims to have broken the Darrelle Revis contract signing about 4 hours before reputable sources had it.

Most recently he claims that two sources that travel with the team told him that Rex Ryan and Bryan Schottenheimer had a shoving/shouting match after the game, about several decisions (among them benching Shonn Greene, and the play calling on the final drive). He said Schottenheimer was the aggressor and that coaches had to separate them, that Ryan doesn't like how complicated Schottenheimer's offense is and that it's leading to mental errors for the OLs and for Sanchez.

He's also "breaking" news that the Jets have visited with Adalius Thomas and are about 95% done with a contract agreement that will be announced by Thursday. So right away you'll get your first taste of whether this guy is on it or not.

Anyone who wants to take this @incarceratedbob guy seriously I suggest you do your own research, look through his Twitter page, do as he himself suggests in his Twitter description and google him...judge for yourself.

I do not believe it appropriate to call him the Adam Schefter of the Jets.

FinAtic8480
09-14-2010, 03:27 PM

Since I was the guy that tweeted out about this @incarceratedbob fellow in the first place let me say that I don't know him, I don't have any personal knowledge that he's reliable in any way whatsoever. He claims to have broken several stories about the Jets through his connections, and to be involved with WFAN in some way. He claims that he broke this story about Jason Taylor being on the outs but that Calvin Pace's injury prevented them cutting him, and then Mike Francessa also ran with the same story.

Anyone who wants to take this @incarceratedbob guy seriously I suggest you do your own research, look through his Twitter page, do as he himself suggests in his Twitter description and google him...judge for yourself.

Sorry CK something as juicy as this could not go un-posted. He seems reliable.

Clipse
09-14-2010, 03:29 PM

Since I was the guy that tweeted out about this @incarceratedbob fellow in the first place let me say that I don't know him, I don't have any personal knowledge that he's reliable in any way whatsoever. He claims to have broken several stories about the Jets through his connections, and to be involved with WFAN in some way. He claims that he broke this story about Jason Taylor being on the outs but that Calvin Pace's injury prevented them cutting him, and then Mike Francessa also ran with the same story. He also claims to have broken the Darrelle Revis contract signing about 4 hours before reputable sources had it.

Most recently he claims that two sources that travel with the team told him that Rex Ryan and Bryan Schottenheimer had a shoving/shouting match after the game, about several decisions (among them benching Shonn Greene, and the play calling on the final drive). He said Schottenheimer was the aggressor and that coaches had to separate them, that Ryan doesn't like how complicated Schottenheimer's offense is and that it's leading to mental errors for the OLs and for Sanchez.

He's also "breaking" news that the Jets have visited with Adalius Thomas and are about 95% done with a contract agreement that will be announced by Thursday. So right away you'll get your first taste of whether this guy is on it or not.

He did supposedly break the Revis story according to TGG, but he's no Schefter, nobody is.

Ricky'sWeinerBong
09-14-2010, 03:30 PM
Twitter has really changed the way some people view themselves. oh, this world we live in.

MadDog 88
09-14-2010, 03:33 PM
I've been following several stories at TGG and JT is one of them. Many Jets fans consider him a reliable source. I thought JT played well last night so how accurate this report is is anybody's guess. Time will tell.

Swantoon
How is this juicy? I guess it is mildly interesting, but juicy seems a little too strong.

hooshoops
taylor played the run pretty well yesterday to my eyes...didn't see much pass rush there though

murrell the solb got released by the pats yesterday...i think he could be in play back for the jets also...or adalius thomas

MadDog 88
09-14-2010, 03:38 PM
From Jason LaCanfora:

Although Adalius Thomas visited the Jets today, I'm told it's "doubtful" the club will sign him now. Thomas played for Rex Ryan in Baltimore So much for that sources credibility

ckparrothead
09-14-2010, 03:41 PM
This incarceratedbob guy didn't become famous on Twitter. He became famous because he's a regular caller and makes regular appearances on WFAN. He's famous enough that the Huffington Post actually wrote two articles about him six months ago, one when he reportedly had died (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/04/incarcerated-bob-dead-twi_n_410413.html) according to his own Twitter account which was supposed to have been updated by family members of his, and a second article when it was discovered that his account had been hacked and that incarceratedbob was still alive (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/06/incarcerated-bob-alive-tw_n_413145.html).

His Jets updates are regularly posted on http://www.rotoinfo.com/

Again, take it for what its worth. Not a guy that works for any news organization.

FinAtic8480
09-14-2010, 03:43 PM
This incarceratedbob guy didn't become famous on Twitter. He became famous because he's a regular caller and makes regular appearances on WFAN. He's famous enough that the Huffington Post actually wrote two articles about him six months ago, one when he reportedly had died (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/04/incarcerated-bob-dead-twi_n_410413.html) according to his own Twitter account which was supposed to have been updated by family members of his, and a second article when it was discovered that his account had been hacked and that incarceratedbob was still alive (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/06/incarcerated-bob-alive-tw_n_413145.html).

Again, take it for what its worth. Not a guy that works for any news organization.

Guy has to know someone in the organizationg, cause he has broken several big stories.

Ricky'sWeinerBong
09-14-2010, 03:45 PM
this thread is gettin juicy.

hooshoops
09-14-2010, 03:46 PM
makes me wonder if calvin pace's foot injury is worse than reported...like maybe he has a lis franc injury or something that may put him on ir down the road or maybe something thats not healing properly and the jets are looking for insurance...

one things for sure...no matter who they bring in or play there it's a downgrade to calvin pace's all around game...

ckparrothead
09-14-2010, 03:46 PM
this thread is gettin juicy.

Quit farting then.

ckparrothead
09-14-2010, 03:48 PM
Lucky for them I believe Bryan Thomas is set to have a career year. I didn't see the game last night but I did watch him for a little bit during the preseason. He's slim, active, high energy, playing with more confidence than ever, and looking at the stat line from his performance against the Ravens I take it that showed.

Mark it, Bryan Thomas is going to be a tough guy to handle when we play the Jets.

FinAtic8480
makes me wonder if calvin pace's foot injury is worse than reported...like maybe he has a lis franc injury or something that may put him on ir down the road and the jets are looking for insurance...

one things for sure...no matter who they bring in or play there it's a downgrade to calvin pace's all around game...

99 really didn't stand out in yesterday's game, I could be wrong, but I did not see anything that made me miss him

flynryan15
Guy has to know someone in the organizationg, cause he has broken several big stories.

Or maybe he just throws a lot of **** at the wall and a few pieces stick here and there? Then when that fails he fakes his death! That's a brilliant plan like anyone cares about a dead Jets troll!

hooshoops
09-14-2010, 03:49 PM
oops...i forgot about bryan thomas...

Ricky'sWeinerBong
09-14-2010, 03:49 PM
Quit farting then.

my gf wishes I could.

FinAtic8480
09-14-2010, 03:50 PM
Or maybe he just throws a lot of **** at the wall and a few pieces stick here and there? Then when that false fakes his death! That's a brilliant plan like anyone cares about a dead Jets troll!

Just thought it was something interesting to share with the site, but like always some just don't simply care and the bashing begins.

Ricky'sWeinerBong
09-14-2010, 03:51 PM
well some dont care about Jason Taylor. youre right about that.

hooshoops
09-14-2010, 03:52 PM
i don't really care who the jets bring in...that defense is straight nasty right now as it is...we got our hands full in 2 weeks against that unit

i'd feel better if we had a better #2 wr about beating them with the pass...cause revis never missed a beat last night...double moves didn't matter in guys hip pocket all over the field...that guys outstanding

Ricky'sWeinerBong
09-14-2010, 03:54 PM
i don't really care who the jets bring in...that defense is straight nasty right now as it is...we got our hands full in 2 weeks against that unit

i'd feel better if we had a better #2 wr about beating them with the pass...
I routinely brought up the #2 wr spot in the offseason. most on here loved them some Hartline.

ckparrothead
09-14-2010, 03:54 PM
It really has nothing to do with the Fins anymore because even if he's cut the Dolphins wouldn't have him. Sparano has a great relationship with him but Ireland and Parcells do not. Granted, Parcells no longer has veto power, but Ireland wants his young players to develop, they've made that abundantly clear over the past 10 days or whatever.

flynryan15
09-14-2010, 03:55 PM
Just thought it was something interesting to share with the site, but like always some just don't simply care and the bashing begins.

No Roberto you are being to touchy! I am simply pointing out that you can't believe every internet fruit cake with a twitter account! Especially a Jets troll and you are certainly aren't doing yourself any favors by over inflating this hacks rep! I'm not bashing you!

hooshoops
09-14-2010, 03:59 PM
I routinely brought up the #2 wr spot in the offseason. most on here loved them some Hartline.

i don't think he's good enough to beat cromartie with all the tools cromartie has...anquan boldin ate him up and so did derrick mason who's so underrated but brian hartline isn't on that level...imo

if i did see a weakness last night in that jets d it was coverage on the rb out of the backfield...flacco had ray rice one on one with a lb and wide open against that all out blitz over and over and just never gave him the ball...no deep help safety if he throws the ball there it's 6 points...can't believe the oc didn't see that and attack it...i like ronnie brown to beat any of those lbs in coverage one on one...ricky and cobbs maybe too

but henne is gonna have to get the ball out in a real hurry...or he'll be scrambled eggs

MadDog 88
09-14-2010, 04:00 PM
Several? He is alleged to have broken the Revis story but that claim is from Jets fans. I haven't heard of anything else he has done.

If he is truly this good at breaking several news stories, you'd think he would be working for a media outlet.

Ricky'sWeinerBong
09-14-2010, 04:01 PM
their midget safety Leonard is a liability in coverage too. but they dont leave him alone much.

hooshoops
09-14-2010, 04:05 PM
ball placement from henne is also gonna be key in that game...he's gonna have to put the ball up under durress with some real accuracy and make some real quick decisions...

anyways...i think i hijacked this thread...my bad lol

flynryan15
09-14-2010, 04:17 PM
ball placement from henne is also gonna be key in that game...he's gonna have to put the ball up under durress with some real accuracy and make some real quick decisions...

Yeah stfu!

Tunaphish429
09-14-2010, 04:19 PM

Henne has to be a little more bit more aware and feel pressure better...He seem to get blindside sacked alot..At least it happend 2 times.. in the Bills game..

Idk what it is but when we call play action no one falls for it..Kelsay blew by Carey and Henne turned to have him in his face..I was sure he was going to fumble

FinAtic8480
09-14-2010, 04:21 PM
Several? He is alleged to have broken the Revis story but that claim is from Jets fans. I haven't heard of anything else he has done.

If he is truly this good at breaking several news stories, you'd think he would be working for a media outlet.

That is an awesome picture of Robinson.

utahphinsfan
09-14-2010, 04:22 PM
The jets offense too complex for Capt.Checkdown & the OL? Thats funny.

Lets hope Thomas Jones & Alan Faneca took the really complex plays w/ them. :chuckle:

SA_BUTTA
09-14-2010, 04:23 PM
incarceratedbob (http://twitter.com/incarceratedbob)

Adalius Thomas was offered a Veteran Minimum Contract today & he is still mulling the offer. : I hope this guy does not want more $$$ ???

18 Minutes ago....

dolpns13
09-14-2010, 04:26 PM

why do you even give a ****?

DAFINZ
09-14-2010, 04:28 PM

Not sure if any other WFAN listener mentioned this but incarcerated bob had also claimed that Lebron to NY was a lock. His calls provide some good humor but I tend to walk away with just that; my 2 cents.

4THand10
09-14-2010, 04:43 PM
Why is this thread even in the Miami section?

Who gives a rats a$$ about Taylor.

hooshoops
09-14-2010, 04:44 PM
Yeah stfu!

give me your address...lol

flynryan15
09-14-2010, 04:46 PM
give me your address...lol

Number 1 Tough Guy Blvd, Homerville, Fl

hooshoops
09-14-2010, 04:58 PM
other than your lovefest takes on pennington you're alright... :hi5:

flynryan15
09-14-2010, 05:07 PM
other than your lovefest takes on pennington you're alright... :hi5:

Ummmmm color me right I believe I saw 3 in a row checkdowns on 3rd down in the 3rd qt and a 4th that Bess broke for a first. I have no Pennington lovefest, just know how Henne goes into a hole.

Ricky'sWeinerBong
09-14-2010, 05:07 PM
Ryan Grant done for the year.

hooshoops
09-14-2010, 05:12 PM
Ummmmm color me right I believe I saw 3 in a row checkdowns on 3rd down in the 3rd qt and a 4th that Bess broke for a first. I have no Pennington lovefest, just know how Henne goes into a hole.

alright the friendships over...lol and stop hijacking the thread

flynryan15
09-14-2010, 05:46 PM
alright the friendships over...lol and stop hijacking the thread

Hmmmm just like another poster who can't admit their wrong ;-)

hooshoops
09-14-2010, 10:48 PM
Hmmmm just like another poster who can't admit their wrong ;-)

lol...don't paint me with that brush...i agree that henne did seem to check the ball down 3 or 4 times with a clean pocket against the bills instead of giving some plays time to develop down the field...heck sparano even pointed that out...in fact i said i didn't think he played all that well in the game and that he needs to play better if we're to have a shot to beat the vikings...he wasn't terrible though...we just need more to win games vs good football teams

Flip Tanneflop
09-15-2010, 01:01 AM
Twitter has really changed the way some people view themselves. oh, this world we live in.

How did I miss this thread? A couple of wanna be's tussling in the beginning about whether or not someone is the "Schefter" of the Jests in hopes they could be looked upon as the Schefter and Clayton of the phins.

Flip Tanneflop
09-15-2010, 01:05 AM

I myself am a regular caller to the Mike Francesa show. In no way does that make me a media member or "Schefter" of anything if I were to open a twitter account.

Dude is just a fan who wishes he was a news source. That seems to be a common syndrome these days.

Flip Tanneflop
09-15-2010, 01:08 AM

OR he finds stories online that someone who is an actual reporter breaks, then pretends that he has broken them.

OR he dosent really pretend to break stories, he just posts stories he finds, then you pretend that he broke them so that you can pretend that you yourself break stories when none of you are anything more than fans with twitter accounts.

Flip Tanneflop
09-15-2010, 01:10 AM
Lucky for them I believe Bryan Thomas is set to have a career year. I didn't see the game last night but I did watch him for a little bit during the preseason. He's slim, active, high energy, playing with more confidence than ever, and looking at the stat line from his performance against the Ravens I take it that showed.

Mark it, Bryan Thomas is going to be a tough guy to handle when we play the Jets.

Yea. Lucky for them. Because after all when you think someone is about to really step up as a player, its practically gold.(COUGH COUGH THROAT CLEAR SEAN SMITH)

Because we all know youre the Mel Kiper/John Clayton of the phins.

Flip Tanneflop
09-15-2010, 01:20 AM
Ryan Grant done for the year.

How bout some clarification? Are you breaking a story here?