PDA

View Full Version : Shana Tova- Yom Kippur Is Here

dolfan94
09-17-2010, 03:48 PM
Shana Tova to my fellow Jewish Fins fans, and Jewish trolls as well.

For those unaware, Yom Kippur is the Jewish Day of Repentance. We fast for 25+ hours straight. No eating or drinking, no work, and for the religious jews, you can't use any technology as well,
How will each of you spend your Yom Kippur? I will sleep as much as I can, do some homework, watch some football, and then go to temple. If it wasn't for the first 3, I probably wouldn't make it through the day.

Locke
09-17-2010, 04:28 PM
How are you going to watch football without any technology? Not being a smart*ss, legitimately curious...

dolfan94
09-17-2010, 04:49 PM
How are you going to watch football without any technology? Not being a smart*ss, legitimately curious...

That's why I said supposedly. Pretty much, only the orthodox jews don't use technology. What most observing jews do, though, is in this order, fast, not go to work, go to temple. Those are the main 3 things. Im doing them all. I just wouldn't make it throught the eatingless day without something to distract me (since its Saturday, that's football and soccer)

dolfan94
09-17-2010, 05:17 PM
I understand why you guys are moving this, but how is this different from the countless unmoved Merry Christmas threads we see on the main board every year?