PDA

View Full Version : Henne was not Good

Finlawyer
09-19-2010, 04:07 PM
He did not handle the pressure and needs better awareness. Time for a new QB.

Strangeworld
09-19-2010, 04:09 PM
he fugging blows... absolutely B L O W S.

We won in spite of him...

maso3348
he did enough to win the game and that is what matters!! No Turnovers and they won what more do you want? If he throws for 400 yards and they lose you still criticize so enjoy the vicotry shut up!!!

EvilDylan
Wow, way to enjoy the win.

Terrible post from a terrible poster.

finnns2000
Not all on him, OL didn't have a very good game and the receivers for the most part did nothing. That said, Henne is not doing anything to show me he is the future.

UnderTheBridge
09-19-2010, 04:10 PM
9/14 and 1 TD, with a 60% completion and a 106 QB rating. He wasn't prolific but again he played well enough. Two drives were killed by fumbles as well.

Yessir
09-19-2010, 04:10 PM
Joke Post. Ughhh give me a break...Look at Joe Flacco right now throwing a gazillion picks. Henne has turned over the football ZERO times in 2 games.

WTF do you want? Manning? Brady? Ughhhh.

Vaark
09-19-2010, 04:11 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/12/2mhsrd5-1.jpg

ecudol-fan
09-19-2010, 04:11 PM
Yea he didn't have a great game, but for the second week in a row he outplayed the opposing qb so definitely no complaints here

carjackistan
09-19-2010, 04:12 PM
He wasn't good, but was it his fault, or the coaches? I mean, Henne played pretty well in the first quarter before we started going to the Wildcat or just handing off every play.

You can't just tell a young quarterback to play it safe, not make any mistakes, but then pull our bacon out of the fire when it's 3rd and 9. Let him throw in situations where the defense isn't expecting it. Worked nicely on the first play of the game, didn't it?

My problem with Henne right now is his footwork. He's garbage when he is forced to run. Guy needs to lose 10-15 pounds in the offseason and take dance classes or something, anything, to improve his balance and maneuverability.

joeharley666
09-19-2010, 04:13 PM
Joke Post. Ughhh give me a break...Look at Joe Flacco right now throwing a gazillion picks. Henne has turned over the football ZERO times in 2 games.

WTF do you want? Manning? Brady? Ughhhh.

No way!!!
He had zilch to work with today, I always hate when people say "this play calling sucks" because it sounds like they no more than the coaches, but Henning totally held Henne back today again. Last year we were working with less and were more daring, this year we have more and do less, very very conservative

Sinister
09-19-2010, 04:14 PM
You have to be kidding me?!?!? We go to Buffalo and WIN.....we go to Minnesota and win (mind you they had not lost a home game since 2008) and you criticize Henne?!?!? You're a fool! He completed over 60% of his passes, made smart plays and kept the game managed. No turnovers!! Led us to our FIRST 2-0 start since 2002. It's fans like YOU that make me scratch my head. Go back to playing Madden!

hooshoops
09-19-2010, 04:14 PM
some of you guys floor me with this crap...seriously...we just won at minnesota in their home opener and you wanna bang the qb...

sad...if i was gonna bang anyone it would be dan hennings play calling...but tonight i celebrate

MadDog 88
09-19-2010, 04:15 PM
Why wasn't Henne good? Because he didn't stand back and launch it down field? Because the OC only called 5 passes in the first half? How bout R&R almost costing us that game?

Some of you guys really need to take the emotion out of your posts and think about what you are saying.

JERSEYFINFAN23
he took the shot - 1 marshell was covered good -
No Turn overs -
horrible play calling - for me the play calling is to predictalbe.
Bess should be more in the game planning and ricky should be used less.

Asicswrg85
Dude two weeks in a row? Dont u have something better to do?

Pitbull13
09-19-2010, 04:16 PM
I thought he had a terrible game as well. However, at some point, Henning needs to take the hanfcuffs off and let him throw the ball. Henne needs to do a better job of feeling the pressure and getting rid of the football. I thought the OLine played well. Jake Long was the offensive MVP of the game.

CalDolFan1014
09-19-2010, 04:17 PM
Wow...some of you are ridiculous!!!! HE didn't make any huge mistakes. He had a 100+ QB rating with a TD. It's not our fault Henning STILL makes some awful play calls. It's not his fault our running backs couldn't hold on to the ball. Besides, we don't need him to make big plays for us all the time. If our defense can play this intense and our running backs can play mistake free football, we won't NEED Henne to bail us out.

tylerdolphin
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/11/i3axwx-1.jpg

Canadianfishfan
Henne was fine. I just don't know why you only let him throw it 15 times? Way out of whack. Henning needs to take the training wheels off. Our Oline was showing it's weakness inside. Pass protection needs to improve. We have tough competition coming up

Vector1Dolphins
09-19-2010, 04:18 PM
Wow so 180 out

vagrantprodigy
09-19-2010, 04:19 PM

... so because he threw only one touchdown, and no ints, he's a bad QB? As I recall, Brees didn't do that well against this D either. The playcalling has been bad as well. I'm happy with his performance so far this season. I'd like to see them let him take some chances soon though. It's hard to do that when you are leading constantly though, and have enough of a D where you don't need to score tons of points.

roy_miami
09-19-2010, 04:20 PM
You can't be calling draw plays on 3rd and 18 on the 45 yard line and letting the clock run out with 3 timeouts and close to a minute left and at the same time expect Henne to play with total desperation and abandon every time he touches the ball. Its not gonna happen. I was actually impressed with Henne today and I think he took a step in the right direction. He was constantly looking down field, he was throwing with precision (when he got the ball past the D line) and he was scrambling better. The only issue I had with Henne today was the timeout calls on 3rd and 18 and 3rd and 12 or whatever. Just run the god dam draw already.

Miami 13
09-19-2010, 04:20 PM
Some of you people are embarrassing and just LOOK for negatives despite the win.

MarshallFin1
09-19-2010, 04:21 PM
i give henne credit for not throwing picks but i still think he is holding on too the ball too long.

23EmilioVasquez
09-19-2010, 04:22 PM
well he out played both Trent Edwards and Brett Farve

Enjoy the win when he loses a game then you can complain

Clipse
09-19-2010, 04:23 PM
Wow that a ****ing joke of a poster. Yea how terrible Henne was with his 106 passer rating. How terrible Henne was going 9-15 and a TD. What's next, you're going to cry like a ***** because he only threw 15 times?

Canadianfishfan
Henne is showing good poise.. He's not making mistakes with the ball.. like favre did. He's maturing the right way. No fancy, but with the deep ball possibilities we we know can connect I am surprised we didnt go there more. Our line just didn't hold. Would've liked to see more of bess too.

very happy with Hartline today.

Garish
Everything that I was going to say has already been said by the fine and intelligent posters on this board. ;) Seriously though dude, take a chill pill. We got the win, no turnovers attributed to Henne... We're ahead of a lot of teams in the league.

Hurricane_Shula
09-19-2010, 04:24 PM
HennING was not good.

miamiron
09-19-2010, 04:25 PM
he did enough to win the game and that is what matters!! No Turnovers and they won what more do you want? If he throws for 400 yards and they lose you still criticize so enjoy the vicotry shut up!!!

tHE PROBLEM WILL BE ONE DAY WE WILL NEED HIM TO CARRY THIS TEAM
and I serious doubt he has the ability to do so

Finlawyer
Henne has regressed without the speedy Ginn. Farce got too many chances but he had receiver issues too. Henne is playing not to lose, unlike last year. We need to sustain drives. Our defense won the first 2 games. The playcalls are also bad.

kcbrown
blame the close game on ricky and ronnie fumbling...I'm not a big Henne fan, but he did what he had to do today.

gota
09-19-2010, 04:26 PM
What a stupid thread! Brees had 237 yards and 1 touchdown against this same defense. If Henne were actually allowed to throw the ball he may have had better stats. Ricky fumbles, Ronnie fumbles, and you bash Henne??? Perfect example of a clueless fan.

By the way, the only Henne stats that matter right now are 0 turnovers and 2 and 0!!

PerfectFinz72
09-19-2010, 04:27 PM
Its not all on him. The playcalling is embarrassing. The turnovers by Ricky and Ronnie didn't help. And how many times did we start deep in our territory, like inside the 5. The point is they won't take the training wheels off him. Let him sling it for a while and THEN see what we have. How can you even tell when they don't give him a chance?

Goin` Deep
09-19-2010, 04:28 PM
I`ll take what Henne did today every game. Metrodome is one of the most difficult places for opposing quarterbacks to play in and the guy didn`t turn the ball over once. He walked out of there with a 106 rating and a W.

ManBearPig
FinLawyer is officially the worst poster. ENJOY THE WIN. If Henne would go 25-30 for 350 and 3 touchdowns you would still say he missed on those 5 passes so he sucks. DUDE WE WON AND HE DID WHAT HE HAD TO FOR OUR TEAM TO WIN SO SHUT UP

Phinatic8u
I'm seriously about to start removing threads when people obviously troll. Damn I'm getting tired of seeing these threads after a win.

SOCAL DOLFAN
09-19-2010, 04:30 PM
This thread is pointless. We just beat a team that went to the NFC Championship and you are complaining about our QB who did not turn the ball over and made the right decisions while under heavy pressure. Only thing questionable during the game were some of Henning's play call's. Enjoy this victory. HOW BOUT THEM D-FINS!!!!

lbmclean_sj
09-19-2010, 04:30 PM
we have all year to see if we need a new QB

give it a rest

absoluteLance
09-19-2010, 04:32 PM
seriously. take any prior 10 qbs we've had in the same situations and you have incomplete passes or interceptions. henne manages the game and keeps us in it. thats what we need.

PogiRo
09-19-2010, 04:33 PM

We won in spite of two fumbles by Ronnie and Ricky. Henne didn't set the world on fire by any means, but saying he blows is idiotic.

67Stang
Henne is our starting QB, so you Pennington bobbers need to start pulling for the team and not a player. Henne played well, that was a hell of a TD throw with perfect touch as well as the pass to Marshall that set the tone for the game and took the crowd out from the get go. He wasn't allowed to get in any ryhthem. As soon as we had something going, it was wildcat time. Then the 2 fumbles. He only was allowed 15 attempts and completed 9, with a 96 QB rating. There are some seriously biased idiots on here that have no idea what the game of football is about. We just beat the Vikings in Minn, and are now 2-0 with 2 road wins. Because Henne doesn't throw for 300 yards, he gets bashed.....Pathetic.

CpuFan

NOt sor he played an awesome game. He did everything right. And I was glad to see he run the football when he had no play. If he keeps it up he will grow into what they need because his confidence will grow and so will the teams in he.

Whoot. great, great win!

danstilldaman
09-19-2010, 04:34 PM
I guess we need new running backs as well because they fumble the ball. Whatever what an awesome win, take your anti-henne agendas elsewhere.

Sirspud

Its funny how guys can give Henne credit for a win he did nothing to earn, but refuse to give Pennington any credit for the fact that he lead a much worse team personnel wise to the playoffs in 2008.

amspeed13
He threw ZERO int and 1 TD. He is not making stupid mistakes by throwing INTs. This team is severely limited by Dan HENNING and his ****ty play calling. Maybe you would like a qb more like Favre?

ArmyFin7
Henne was 4-6 at half time.....HE THREW THE BALL 6 TIMES!!!! The problem was when we did finally call pass plays it was OBVIOUS. We ran ran ran and then go to shotgun....why in the world was there no PA passes?

But this is a team that held the Saints to 14 points....I think all these guys having a meltdown about Henne should maybe at least wait until he loses a game we are actually supposed to win?!?!

CpuFan

Not so he played an awesome game. He did everything right. And I was glad to see he run the football when he had no play. If he keeps it up he will grow into what they need because his confidence will grow and so will the teams in he.

Whoot. great, great win!

EvilDylan
09-19-2010, 04:35 PM

Is that time now? No, it's not. He's young and will progress. Give it a rest.

bastid

Yes, we need a QB that plays like Brett Favre. People amaze me. This was a DEFENSIVE GAME on the ROAD. The Vikes were VERY tough at home last year. Consider that as a sweet win. He did not turn it over. Our whole offense got out of rhythm in the 2nd half not just Henne but our D kept us in it. I'll take it.

tay0365

:rolleyes2:

Abhenne7
09-19-2010, 04:36 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/12/2mhsrd5-1.jpg lmaooooooo

The Goat
09-19-2010, 04:37 PM

Your post is silly, and does not stand up to analysis. (106 QB rating for Henne today.)

Time for a new poster.

blevins29
I'm one of the biggest Pennington supporters on this board but Chad Henne has done a good job as our starting QB. He has managed the games well without turning the ball over. Our running backs need to hold on to the football better and we will have a larger margin of victory. I'll take good decision making over the type of QB Favre is any day. Sure Favre had more yards 225 to 114 and more completions 22 to 9 than Henne. But he also turned the ball over 4 times (3 INTs and 1 Fumble) that ultimately cost the Vikings the game. A QB doesn't have to put up huge numbers to play well. There are other players around him that need to step up to put more points on the board.

MadDog 88

He's already shown he can do that.

tay0365

Please tell me what he did wrong today.

Wildbill3
09-19-2010, 04:38 PM
Screw this, this thread is going to the depths and I'll tell you why... The op only has Five posts in nearly 2 years, and can you guess what they all have in common?

amspeed13
09-19-2010, 04:39 PM
Yes, we need a QB that plays like Brett Favre. People amaze me. This was a DEFENSIVE GAME on the ROAD. The Vikes were VERY tough at home last year. Consider that as a sweet win. He did not turn it over. Our whole offense got out of rhythm in the 2nd half not just Henne but our D kept us in it. I'll take it.

Exactly.

56PHIRST
LOL at all of you. Finlawyer doesn't even defend himself he just wants a reaction for attention because he can't get any outsidenof computer world. All of you that think henna sucks: guess what....NOBODY CARES what you think. Your opinion will not make Ireland say "hm this poster is right" and cut him. Get out of this forum because you are either not a dolphins fan or snooki

rainmaker1313
first off Henne played mistake free ball, and that we have been asking from a QB for a long time. This is his 2nd year and he is playing smart. Now we got crybabies he doesnt have Dan Marino numbers and are ruining your fantasy football team :bs:

PerfectFinz72
The funny thing about this thread is:

1. it comes off a win
2. henne didn't turn the ball over
3. henne didn't have great stats, but they weren't anywhere near bad either

So do you come to the conclusion Henne is bad? I suspect the OP has no clue what he's watching when watching football. Love them armchair QBs.

amspeed13
Screw this, this thread is going to the depths and I'll tell you why... The op only has Five posts in nearly 2 years, and can you guess what they all have in common?

He has his head up his ***?

Donnie & Dude
09-19-2010, 04:40 PM
Henne definitely needs to improve his footwork and his touch passing. Today, he played fine. I agree, the offense was way too predictable and vanilla. We went away from the pass when the run was working... way too conservative. no more wildcat and 2nd and short... My biggest problem with the offense is the 2nd down play calling is really weak.

The Goat
09-19-2010, 04:40 PM
Its funny how guys can give Henne credit for a win he did nothing to earn, but refuse to give Pennington any credit for the fact that he lead a much worse team personnel wise to the playoffs in 2008.

That's an excellent point...except that Pennington led the Dolphins to a 0-2 start that year.

Sirspud
09-19-2010, 04:41 PM
NOt sor he played an awesome game. He did everything right. And I was glad to see he run the football when he had no play. If he keeps it up he will grow into what they need because his confidence will grow and so will the teams in he.

Whoot. great, great win!

How is it that he did everything right when the biggest play of the game for our offense, that 3rd and 4 with 2 minutes left, he bounced another pass right off the defensive tackle? Henne didn't win this game, the defense that was put in compromising situations time and time again did. Our offense had a chance to win the game and they couldn't do it, and they were lucky that a defense that had shut down a HOF QB all day didn't budge when asked to once again.

67Stang
09-19-2010, 04:41 PM

Dude, this is so much BS and you are talking out you @$#!!! People give credit to Pennington for what he did against sub-par teams. As Vaark has tried to tell you 20 times, Penny sucks against good teams. Also Penny has has other issues, like staying healthy only playing 16 games twice his whole career. It's people like you who don't give credit to Henne against good teams like the Vikes on the road. For you to make this statement is actually pretty laughable. Pennington was not even active bro, move on. 2008 and our fluff schedule is over, it's Henne time....who by the way just won 2 road games.

Finlawyer
09-19-2010, 04:42 PM
I am a 44 year lifelong fan and like Henne's arm. He is the Most important player. Discussing his development honestly should not be censored based on emotion as fans. Our defense is playing lights out. We need the offense to step up.

tay0365
09-19-2010, 04:43 PM
Not all on him, OL didn't have a very good game and the receivers for the most part did nothing. That said, Henne is not doing anything to show me he is the future.

Actually he is doing little because Henning is giving him little chance to throw the ball, and the coaches are asking Henne to protect the ball 1st and foremost, if the play is not there deep, don't risk it take the high % play.

He is doing exactly what is being asked of him, instead of going for stats, he is doing just enough to help them win....when it gets more dangerous, I do hope the take the cuffs off.

67Stang
09-19-2010, 04:44 PM
How is it that he did everything right when the biggest play of the game for our offense, that 3rd and 4 with 2 minutes left, he bounced another pass right off the defensive tackle? Henne didn't win this game, the defense that was put in compromising situations time and time again did. Our offense had a chance to win the game and they couldn't do it, and they were lucky that a defense that had shut down a HOF QB all day didn't budge when asked to once again.

So who threw the TD pass? Who didn't turn the ball over? This was a team win, with Henne playing his part....unlike your heros last 4 starts.

Pennington10
09-19-2010, 04:45 PM
If Pennington was the Qb today, he would've been a POS... but Henne can do no wrong because he is the ultimate QB, so Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, watch out guys, here comes the real deal!

Get real, Henne didn't do anything special today besides ONE pass. One. In the first drive of the game. I'm not saying Pennington would've played better or worse, because no one knows. Period. Here are straight facts... If Brett Favre played like Brett Favre and not like a 10 year old girl, this game turns out completely different. If the defense gets no touchdown, we don't win. How did he do enough to keep us from losing? Give the props where they belong. The D was amazing. Henne not so much. It's ok to admit he needs a lot of work....

That's an excellent point...except that Pennington led the Dolphins to a 0-2 start that year.

That doesn't mean anything. We are 2-0, and if the offense keeps this **** up, we will be 2-6 quick...

Look I'm happy they won, but some of you just think Henne can do no wrong. That is not the case here.

Wildbill3
09-19-2010, 04:45 PM
I am a 44 year lifelong fan and like Henne's arm. He is the Most important player. Discussing his development honestly should not be censored based on emotion as fans. Our defense is playing lights out. We need the offense to step up.So you were discussing his "development" when you clearly stated we need a New QB? Clearly i'm missing something, because if I were to look at today's game and place any blame on anybody, it would start with Ricky, it would end with Ronnie and in the middle I'd throw in Dan Henning. Don't try to shovel up some **** and expect us to eat it like a snow cone.

Clipse
09-19-2010, 04:46 PM
I'm seriously about to start removing threads when people obviously troll. Damn I'm getting tired of seeing these threads after a win.

Seriously. Henne just led his team to a road win over a team that went 8-0 at home last year and 14-2 at home over the last 2 years. A team that just held the mighty Saints offense to the same amount of points we scored just last week. 5 posts, obvious troll.

Sirspud
09-19-2010, 04:46 PM

Yep, and it was pretty darn obvious that the Colts game wasn't his fault. In fact, you bringing this up just illustrates how you Henne lovers want to give Pennington no credit for his wins, all the blame for his losses, and Henne credit for anything good that happens while he is the starting QB.

Sorry, but there really weren't many games in 2008 where the offense could scarcely manage a first down in the entire second half and yet we won. Our defense wasn't good enough to win those games then. Henne has had this happen twice now, and its really sheer good fortune that our defense has played amazingly and his mediocre performances have come out on top.

Sirspud
09-19-2010, 04:48 PM
So you were discussing his "development" when you clearly stated we need a New QB? Clearly i'm missing something, because if I were to look at today's game and place any blame on anybody, it would start with Ricky, it would end with Ronnie and in the middle I'd throw in Dan Henning. Don't try to shovel up some **** and expect us to eat it like a snow cone.

So basically, you are saying you'd blame everyone on offense for it sucking except for the QB. Ricky and Ronnie are surely accountable for their fumbles, and Henne needs to be accountable for not converting 3rd downs in the second half.

67Stang
09-19-2010, 04:49 PM
Breaking news.....that guy who was 0-4 in his last 4 starts was inactive today, as Henne did something Penny can't do....beat a good team.

Wildbill3
If Pennington was the Qb today, he would've been a POS... but Henne can do no wrong because he is the ultimate QB, so Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, watch out guys, here comes the real deal!

Get real, Henne didn't do anything special today besides ONE pass. One. In the first drive of the game. I'm not saying Pennington would've played better or worse, because no one knows. Period. Here are straight facts... If Brett Favre played like Brett Favre and not like a 10 year old girl, this game turns out completely different. If the defense gets no touchdown, we don't win. How did he do enough to keep us from losing? Give the props where they belong. The D was amazing. Henne not so much. It's ok to admit he needs a lot of work....

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

That doesn't mean anything. We are 2-0, and if the offense keeps this **** up, we will be 2-6 quick...
brett didn't look like brett? He absolutely looked like brett today, last year brett didnt' look like brett. We have NOT seen enough of henne to determine what kind of QB he will ultimately be for us, This is only his second season starting, I think a lot of people have very unrealistic timetables for QB developement. A lot of you look at Big Ben, Rivers, Flacco's and the ryans out there that you forget it too both mannings nearly 3 years of starting to get their act together.

Pennington10
So basically, you are saying you'd blame everyone on offense for it sucking except for the QB. Ricky and Ronnie are surely accountable for their fumbles, and Henne needs to be accountable for not converting 3rd downs in the second half.

It's never the QB's fault even though he runs the offense, it's everyone else, including Pennington who didn't even play..

tylerdolphin
So I can call the OP a retard now?

Youre a moron, please stop posting OP

Sirspud
So who threw the TD pass? Who didn't turn the ball over? This was a team win, with Henne playing his part....unlike your heros last 4 starts.

Henne scored the same amount of points as our defense and the Vikings offense scored more.

vcip
09-19-2010, 04:50 PM
I have see Henne's ability to be a big time passer when needed last year. I blame what is happening mostly on the play calling & mindset. Henning is beyond awful. Maybe they will open it up & establish a rythm passing game once they get home.

Pennington10
09-19-2010, 04:50 PM
brett didn't look like brett? He absolutely looked like brett today, last year brett didnt' look like brett. We have NOT seen enough of henne to determine what kind of QB he will ultimately be for us, This is only his second season starting, I think a lot of people have very unrealistic timetables for QB developement. A lot of you look at Big Ben, Rivers, Flacco's and the ryans out there that you forget it too both mannings nearly 3 years of starting to get their act together.

Dude he did not look like Brett today, yeah he threw the ball wreckless but Favre finds more ways to score then this, and he just looked done. He needs to retire.

Wildbill3
09-19-2010, 04:52 PM
its funny you should mention that, the one play of the game where he was asked to make a pass for the first down, when we clearly should've run the ball to kill the clock at the end of the game, that was all on Henning, not Henne.

how many passes did henne attempt? How many did he complete? how many were interceptions? You can spin your wheels all you want, Henne isn't calling the plays, henning is.

67Stang
09-19-2010, 04:53 PM
Henne scored the same amount of points as our defense and the Vikings offense scored more.
Who won? Thank you.....who didn't against good teams? Thank you again.

amspeed13
09-19-2010, 04:54 PM
Yep, and it was pretty darn obvious that the Colts game wasn't his fault. In fact, you bringing this up just illustrates how you Henne lovers want to give Pennington no credit for his wins, all the blame for his losses, and Henne credit for anything good that happens while he is the starting QB.

Sorry, but there really weren't many games in 2008 where the offense could scarcely manage a first down in the entire second half and yet we won. Our defense wasn't good enough to win those games then. Henne has had this happen twice now, and its really sheer good fortune that our defense has played amazingly and his mediocre performances have come out on top.

This game should not have been this close. The 2 fumbles by the R&R made this game the way it was, not Henne. The guy threw no INTs and made smart decisions with the ball, but that is not good enough I guess. Penny was awesome in 08, but hes fragile and thats why Henne got his shot and did well. He is our future and 2 road wins to start the season, Ill take it!

Wildbill3
09-19-2010, 04:55 PM
Dude he did not look like Brett today, yeah he threw the ball wreckless but Favre finds more ways to score then this, and he just looked done. He needs to retire.Brett is and always has been an interception machine! he has games like this, this was a typical brett interception game, you never know when he'll pop one of this out, but i'm glad it was today.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FavrBr00.htm?redir

Clipse
09-19-2010, 04:56 PM
It's never the QB's fault even though he runs the offense, it's everyone else, including Pennington who didn't even play..

Maybe you're not that bright, which is entirely possible, But Henne threw the ball 15 times today, completed 9 of them, no picks, 1 TD, and a very good 106 passer rating. How did Henne have this terrible game again? How about RB and RW fumbling the ball away to the other team on the first play of 2 drives. How about beung 10 yards away from FG range, Henning calls a running play on 2nd and 18, and then on 3rd down. How about with us running the ball down the Vikings throat in a conventional offense, Henning calls the Wildcat and our drive stalls. Pennington10, your name says it all. Obvious fanboy with an obvious agenda. You're a ****ing idiot. Go back to TGG for our sake.

Clipse
09-19-2010, 04:57 PM
Dude he did not look like Brett today, yeah he threw the ball wreckless but Favre finds more ways to score then this, and he just looked done. He needs to retire.

Favre hasn't had great back to back seasons since 2003 and 2004. This is exactly the Favre we know.

Vaark
09-19-2010, 04:58 PM
Henne's now 9-6 over less than a season's worth of starts and beat yet another Top 10 D. Anyone who can't understand the upgrade of him over Pennington need only review the 08 Ravens playoff game for a dose of reality.

67Stang
09-19-2010, 04:59 PM
These Penny tools act like Henne was given all of these chances. He was 9 of 15 for a TD. 15 chances to throw the ball. Ya, that is his fault. If this was Pennington at the helm, you would be singing his praises and saying what a field general he is. Seriously, it is old and pathetic. Your boy is inactive. The Miami Dolphins led by Chad Henne are 2-0 for the first time since 2002. Put down the Pennington pipe dream and enjoy one hell of a win for the Dolphins instead of talking about a guy that wasn't even on the active roster.

Wildbill3
09-19-2010, 04:59 PM
Henne scored the same amount of points as our defense and the Vikings offense scored more.Yeah the viking's offense scored more, 7 points off a gift at the one yard line by ricky williams, and 3 more points off a gift from ronnie brown. Now who is putting the blinders on to take a swipe at henne?

Vaark
09-19-2010, 05:02 PM

except when it's a noodle armed QB who lost his last 4games with a career record of .280% regular season and .250% playoffs vs Top 10 Scoring D's ,? Only then there has to be extenuating circumstances, eh?

67Stang
09-19-2010, 05:03 PM
Yeah the viking's offense scored more, 7 points off a gift at the one yard line by ricky williams, and 3 more points off a gift from ronnie brown. Now who is putting the blinders on to take a swipe at henne?

Exactly, this guy either has no clue or is so in love with Penny it distorts his reality. Maybe both. I thought NYJUNC was bad, this guy just continually posts nonsense.

Clipse
09-19-2010, 05:06 PM
Henne's now 9-6 over less than a season's worth of starts and beat yet another Top 10 D. Anyone who can't understand the upgrade of him over Pennington need only review the 08 Ravens playoff game for a dose of reality.

5-1 vs. top 10 D's and counting.

Pennington10
09-19-2010, 05:06 PM
except when it's a noodle armed QB who lost his last 4games with a career record of .280% regular season and .250% playoffs vs Top 10 Scoring D's ,? Only then there has to be extenuating circumstances, eh?

Nope. Henne has not out played Pennington by any stretch. Don't kid yourself. I'm not saying Pennington should start. I'm simply saying Henne hasn't done anything for me to say wow this kid is the QB of the future. He has not shown me he could bring this team to the SB. Nothing like that has occured to me yet. Maybe if he plays better then I might change my tune. Simple as this, Buffalo win was decent. Minnesota, if the defense doesn't play how they did, we lose 10-7. I want more out of my franchise QB then that....

Clipse
09-19-2010, 05:11 PM
Nope. Henne has not out played Pennington by any stretch. Don't kid yourself. I'm not saying Pennington should start. I'm simply saying Henne hasn't done anything for me to say wow this kid is the QB of the future. He has not shown me he could bring this team to the SB. Nothing like that has occured to me yet. Maybe if he plays better then I might change my tune. Simple as this, Buffalo win was decent. Minnesota, if the defense doesn't play how they did, we lose 10-7. I want more out of my franchise QB then that....

Take Penningtons **** out your mouth and you may notice. 5-1 vs. top 10 defenses for Henne in 15 starts. 7-19 against top 10 defenses in his whole career for Pennington. You're ****ing clueless.

Pennington10
09-19-2010, 05:18 PM
Take Penningtons **** out your mouth and you may notice. 5-1 vs. top 10 defenses for Henne in 15 starts. 7-19 against top 10 defenses in his whole career for Pennington. You're ****ing clueless.

5 and 1, big ****, Pennington also had **** receivers as a Jet half the time. Henne again has NOT impressed me man and YOU are going to be more dissapointed then you can handle if the ENTIRE OFFENSE, not JUST HENNE, keeps this **** up. I'd like to enjoy a win, but IGNORANT people like you don't allow it. Pennington did FINE when it MATTERED with the same offense that Henne has in 08. Henne now has MARSHALL, and still can't pull his **** together. None of them can. I love this team as much as you do and want to see more out of someone who is supposed to be the next franchise QB. I loved this win today, it was great, but stop sipping the koolaid, and start noticing things. HENNE has NOT played good this entire season and he needs to shape up. End of story. That is what this is about. It is not about Pennington because for crying out loud the only ****ing way Chad Pennington will see the field this year is if Henne BLOWS it from here on out or if Henne gets hurt. And if HENNE plays BETTER, which is what I WANT, this complaint you have holds no ****ING water.....

Clipse
09-19-2010, 05:28 PM
5 and 1, big ****, Pennington also had **** receivers as a Jet half the time. Henne again has NOT impressed me man and YOU are going to be more dissapointed then you can handle if the ENTIRE OFFENSE, not JUST HENNE, keeps this **** up. I'd like to enjoy a win, but IGNORANT people like you don't allow it. Pennington did FINE when it MATTERED with the same offense that Henne has in 08. Henne now has MARSHALL, and still can't pull his **** together. None of them can. I love this team as much as you do and want to see more out of someone who is supposed to be the next franchise QB. I loved this win today, it was great, but stop sipping the koolaid, and start noticing things. HENNE has NOT played good this entire season and he needs to shape up. End of story. That is what this is about. It is not about Pennington because for crying out loud the only ****ing way Chad Pennington will see the field this year is if Henne BLOWS it from here on out or if Henne gets hurt. And if HENNE plays BETTER, which is what I WANT, this complaint you have holds no ****ING water.....

You love this team as much I do? **** off you clown. You were a Jets fan when Pennington was a Jet, and now are a Dolphins fan now that Pennington is Dolphin, and will move on when Pennington is canned this offseason. So **** you for suggesting such a thing.

2nd, you still haven't answered my question. Where is this bad game that Henne had? He was 9-15 with 1 TD and no picks, and a very good 106 passer rating. Where was it? You and your agenda don't know either.

67Stang
09-19-2010, 05:31 PM
5 and 1, big ****, Pennington also had ***eceivers as a Jet half the time. Henne again has NOT impressed me man and YOU are going to be more dissapointed then you can handle if the ENTIRE OFFENSE, not JUST HENNE, keeps this **** up. I'd like to enjoy a win, but IGNORANT people like you don't allow it. Pennington did FINE when it MATTERED with the same offense that Henne has in 08. Henne now has MARSHALL, and still can't pull his **** together. None of them can. I love this team as much as you do and want to see more out of someone who is supposed to be the next franchise QB. I loved this win today, it was great, but stop sipping the koolaid, and start noticing things. HENNE has NOT played good this entire season and he needs to shape up. End of story. That is what this is about. It is not about Pennington because for crying out loud the only ****ing way Chad Pennington will see the field this year is if Henne BLOWS it from here on out or if Henne gets hurt. And if HENNE plays BETTER, which is what I WANT, this complaint you have holds no ****ING water.....

Now they are saying we are using excuses and this? Pennington had good receivers as a Jet, a hell of a lot better than what we had last year? What is your sorry excuse for Penny only playing a full season twice in his career, his linemen or his nutritionalist? What is his excuse for throwing 20 TD's only once his entire career? He is barely a .500 QB who has had 2 decent seasons his whole career. He is a walking injury waiting to happen who has a noodle for an arm. The only reason he is even at .500 is because of the season he played here against sup-par competition. As Vaark eleduded to so many times, as soon as he faces any real pressure, he folds like a lawn chair.

Pennington10
09-19-2010, 05:37 PM
You love this team as much I do? **** off you clown. You were a Jets fan when Pennington was a Jet, and now are a Dolphins fan now that Pennington is Dolphin, and will move on when Pennington is canned this offseason. So **** you for suggesting such a thing.

2nd, you still haven't answered my question. Where is this bad game that Henne had? He was 9-15 with 1 TD and no picks, and a very good 106 passer rating. Where was it? You and your agenda don't know either.

You want to **** me??? That's sexual harassment isn't it???? YEAH I've been a ****ing DOLPHINS fan for a long ****ing time ok, for 20 years, I watch every game, and was EXCITED WHEN CHAD PENNINGTON CAME HERE BECAUSE HE WAS MY COLLEGE QB. I WENT TO MARSHALL, I SAW WHAT HE DID FOR THAT TEAM AND I SAW HIM PLAY WHEN MY BROTHER WENT THERE. THERE IS AN ATTACHMENT BUT I AM NOT A ****ING JETS FAN AND I NEVER ****IN WILL BE, SO GET THE **** OVER YOURSELF. CHAD PENNINGTON WAS AND IS A GOOD QB WHO HAS MADE IT TO THE PLAYOFFS ENOUGH TIMES AND JUST NEVER HAD ENOUGH LUCK TO GET FURTHER BECAUSE HIS ENTIRE OFFENSE MELTED NOT JUST HIM.... JETS FANS WERE A BUNCH OF *******S TO HIM IN THE END, WHEN HE CAME HERE YOU PEOPLE WERE SO ****IN EXCITED HE WAS WINNING GAMES. YOU CALLED JETS FANS OUT FOR ACTING LIKE *******S TOWARDS HIM, AND NOW SOME OF YOU ARE DOING THE EXACT SAME THING. SO TAKE A WALK!

Ricky_Fan34
09-19-2010, 05:38 PM
hahahha this thread is laughable. Nothing else even needs to be said.

Ricky_Fan34
09-19-2010, 05:40 PM
You want to **** me??? That's sexual harassment isn't it???? YEAH I've been a ****ing DOLPHINS fan for a long ****ing time ok, for 20 years, I watch every game, and was EXCITED WHEN CHAD PENNINGTON CAME HERE BECAUSE HE WAS MY COLLEGE QB. I WENT TO MARSHALL, I SAW WHAT HE DID FOR THAT TEAM AND I SAW HIM PLAY WHEN MY BROTHER WENT THERE. THERE IS AN ATTACHMENT BUT I AM NOT A ****ING JETS FAN AND I NEVER ****IN WILL BE, SO GET THE **** OVER YOURSELF. CHAD PENNINGTON WAS AND IS A GOOD QB WHO HAS MADE IT TO THE PLAYOFFS ENOUGH TIMES AND JUST NEVER HAD ENOUGH LUCK TO GET FURTHER BECAUSE HIS ENTIRE OFFENSE MELTED NOT JUST HIM.... JETS FANS WERE A BUNCH OF *******S TO HIM IN THE END, WHEN HE CAME HERE YOU PEOPLE WERE SO ****IN EXCITED HE WAS WINNING GAMES. YOU CALLED JETS FANS OUT FOR ACTING LIKE *******S TOWARDS HIM, AND NOW SOME OF YOU ARE DOING THE EXACT SAME THING. SO TAKE A WALK!
dude chill the **** out. Henne did nothing to lose the game, which at this point is good. He did just enough to win, which is fine by me.

Clipse
09-19-2010, 05:41 PM

Right. You live in New York. You're a Penny fanboy. You didn't show up until Penny was signed here. **** yourself Ex-Jets fan. Can't wait until Pennington goes to Arizona or wherever to get another shot at blowing out his shoulder, hopefully he takes his ********ers like you with him.

Clipse
09-19-2010, 05:43 PM
dude chill the **** out. Henne did nothing to lose the game, which at this point is good. He did just enough to win, which is fine by me.

Just enough to win. Sounds like Pennington, only Henne does it against top 10 defenses and Penny does it again bottom 10 defenses. Notice how this Pennington **** sucker still hasn't answered my initial question. Typical of a guy who roots/used to root for the Jets.

Vaark
09-19-2010, 05:46 PM

Didn't you just assert a few posts ago that you shouldn't make excuses for Henne, yet you're making them for Pennington's embarrassing futility against elite D's? Why is that? You do realize that aside from the 11-5 where the majority of teams we beat had miserable D's, Penny's record is barely at .500??

Pennington10
09-19-2010, 05:51 PM
Apparently no one gets it. I WANT Henne to do well. I WANT him to win games. I WANT him to start at QB. I LIKE Chad Pennington. That apparently is not allowed. Gimme a break, I'm gone from this place for a while. R&R is a disrespectful person. I never told anyone to **** off here. If that's the kind of people you want here, then have fun. You guys keep sipping that **** you drink that makes you think Henne is better then Pennington in anyway......

Ricky_Fan34
09-19-2010, 05:56 PM
Apparently no one gets it. I WANT Henne to do well. I WANT him to win games. I WANT him to start at QB. I LIKE Chad Pennington. That apparently is not allowed. Gimme a break, I'm gone from this place for a while. R&R is a disrespectful person. I never told anyone to **** off here. If that's the kind of people you want here, then have fun. You guys keep sipping that **** you drink that makes you think Henne is better then Pennington in anyway......
:tantrum:

:chuckle:

67Stang
09-19-2010, 06:03 PM

No offense man, but your statements say otherwise. You praise Penny for winning, and when Henne wins the same way you are not impressed. You point out things with Henne, that define Pennys entire career. The difference is, Henne is beating good teams which Penny historically did not. Also the Penny supporters seem to be stuck in the 2008 regular season and forget about his last 4 starts. Then to try to defend him in the last 4 starts they try to say he dominated in the Indy game, which he didn't. He didn't lose that game, but his numbers where no where near Mannings, which the Penny peeps keep trying to say.

#1dolphinsfan
09-19-2010, 06:10 PM
IMO henne did good we just need to throw it more

Clipse
09-19-2010, 08:12 PM

Give me a ****ing break. You want Henne to start. Don't give me this ****ing bull****. Guess what, I like Pennington too. But the facts are facts. You may wish they were false, but they're not.

hooshoops
09-19-2010, 08:15 PM
this thread is just sad...and i see the "808" crew have moved in...get used to it boys...noodle arm is on the bench 4 life

MarinePhinFan
09-20-2010, 09:05 AM
This offense is not going to be the Colts or Pats offense. The Dolphins are all about ball control and pounding the ball down the opponents throat.

Henne has all of the physical traits needed to be a great QB. He is still young however. The 2 fumbles killed all chances for him to have a great game. I also HATE the way the Henning pulls Henne out in favor of the Wildcat every time Henne gets in a rythm. Immediately after the bomb to Marshall they pull Henne out for 2 plays! WTF! Let him stay in and compete!

So in short, Henne is doing what he has to do even though he is being held back by the OC. Even though this is his second seasons as a starter, he hasn't had teh amount of snaps as most 2nd year QB's.