Someone posted a Henne was not Good thread and it got moved

ever heard of Voltaire's dictum?

I really don't find censorship to be cool

Finlawyer
09-19-2010, 05:18 PM
Your threads might be next!!!

EvilDylan
09-19-2010, 05:20 PM
There is an explanation in the thread of why it got moved.

Is this post about miami dolphin's football? It will probably get moved too.

Also the thread to which you are referring is still available to read, it's just in a different section. Far from censorship.

Finlawyer
09-19-2010, 05:48 PM

Also the thread to which you are referring is still available to read, it's just in a different section. Far from censorship.

I was censored because of my post count. Hardly, if I had said Henne is better than Marino was at the same point in their careers, the post would be ridiculous but not moved. I am older than the kids running this Board. My low post count is traceable to the personal attacks against those whose opinions are contrary to those with the power to censor.

lbmclean_sj
09-19-2010, 05:52 PM

total BS

lbmclean_sj
09-19-2010, 05:53 PM
saying that we need a new QB was really dumb

but if every dumb thread got tanked this forum would be empty

EvilDylan
09-19-2010, 05:53 PM
It wasn't censored, it was moved.

Go find it in the depths if you like. It's right there. Hardly censored.

Timing is everything.

ArmyFin7
09-19-2010, 05:55 PM
More support for Vaarks proposal of posters not being allowed to start threads without at least 100 posts....

It would keep a lot of garbage threads off the main forum.

Clipse
It got moved to the depths, as it should have.

Mogwai

You're kidding yourself. That would absolutely be censorship if the only reason for it being moved is dissent. Since I didn't even see the thread and have no idea where to look for a thread about Henne that's not on the Dolphins forum, I can't comment on why it was moved, but I would hope it's for something other than dissension.

Clipse
09-19-2010, 05:56 PM

It's still on this forum. Depths of the Sea.

EvilDylan
09-19-2010, 05:57 PM
If it was censored then you wouldn't be able to read it anymore or words would have been changed or hidden. The thread, in its entirety, is still available for view and comment. Just in a different location. Once again, NOT censorship.

Vaark
09-19-2010, 06:00 PM
When you take a look at someone's history of posts and they're mostly, if not exclusively here with an agenda to bash, with nary a positive word to say, especially after such an exhilarating victory, I'm not adverse to selective censorship when considering the whole body of work and one trick pony agenda. Hell even selectively, there's a lot less censorship of dissent here on FH than exists on either of the jest main boards.

PALMA
09-19-2010, 06:00 PM
But why-o-why? I don't know about everyone else, but Henne was not good today. Wasn't that obvious? It's objective criticism. That topic shouldn't be censored or moved.

Our defense and running game won us that game. We won IN SPITE of Henne.

EvilDylan
09-19-2010, 06:03 PM
But why-o-why? I don't know about everyone else, but Henne was not good today. Wasn't that obvious? It's objective criticism. That topic shouldn't be censored or moved.

Our defense and running game won us that game. We won IN SPITE of Henne.

No, we won in spite of 2 turnovers in our own red zone. That's is how you use IN SPITE. Henne did nothing to hurt this team today.

Finlawyer
09-19-2010, 06:04 PM

It was not dumb. If you slump, you take a seat. Our third string QB has great foot work and good pocket presence. Henne has handcuffs on him for a reason. Do you think Tony wants to win like this-ugly?

EvilDylan
09-19-2010, 06:08 PM
It was not dumb. If you slump, you take a seat. Our third string QB has great foot work and good pocket presence. Henne has handcuffs on him for a reason. Do you think Tony wants to win like this-ugly?

He also has a huge propensity to throw interceptions. You just witnessed what interceptions can do to a game. They make you lose.

Finlawyer
09-19-2010, 06:18 PM
He also has a huge propensity to throw interceptions. You just witnessed what interceptions can do to a game. They make you lose.

Pick your poison. Punts or pics are both drive killers. We won a field position battle today. Neither offense had great field position in the final quarter. Our secondary was fabulous to keep stopping Farve. We need to score more than one offensive touchdown per game.

EvilDylan
09-19-2010, 06:21 PM
If you'd rather throw picks than punt then I think you need to reevaluate your understanding of football. A pick will 95% of the time result in better field position for the opposition than a punt.

Finlawyer
09-19-2010, 06:23 PM
If you'd rather throw picks than punt then I think you need to reevaluate your understanding of football. A pick will 95% of the time result in better field position for the opposition than a punt.

Not if you punt inside your 10 yard line because you can't make a first down after a turnover.

Wildbill3
09-19-2010, 06:52 PM
Not if you punt inside your 10 yard line because you can't make a first down after a turnover.that doesnt' make any sense. if you punt you have a chance to give them the ball on thier side of the 50, if you throw an interception chances are they will start on your side of the 50, and thats if you don't get a pick 6 out of the deal.

Finlawyer
09-19-2010, 07:00 PM
that doesnt' make any sense. if you punt you have a chance to give them the ball on thier side of the 50, if you throw an interception chances are they will start on your side of the 50, and thats if you don't get a pick 6 out of the deal.

Punting from your own end zone is worse than a pic deep in your opponents territory, after you have chewed clock. Henne needs to make first downs and eat clock. We had no playaction or screen passes which we saw last year. Our offense needs work.

Wildbill3
09-19-2010, 07:15 PM
Punting from your own end zone is worse than a pic deep in your opponents territory, after you have chewed clock. Henne needs to make first downs and eat clock. We had no playaction or screen passes which we saw last year. Our offense needs work.we aren't talking about being close to the 50 and throwing for the endzone and winding up with a pick we are talking about throwing a pick when you are on your own 1 yard line, vs. punting the ball from your own 1 yard line. A Punt is NOT a negative play, an Interception however is.

Gonzo
09-22-2010, 01:02 AM
Someone posted a Henne was not Good thread and it got moved

ever heard of Voltaire's dictum?

I really don't find censorship to be coolWhich was actually written by Evelyn Beatrice Hall.

This is no more censorship than Barnes and Noble moving a book to the dollar bin.