PDA

View Full Version : VJax traded tot he Vikes

Chubby
09-21-2010, 01:21 PM
I dont have an official link since I am here at work but seeing it reported via twitter.

Trade makes complete sense for the vikes

WISfinfan13
09-21-2010, 01:23 PM
GREAT NEWS (if official)! I was getting scared when I heard reports of him going to the Pats.

BARF
09-21-2010, 01:26 PM
pretty sure they could have used him this past sunday lol

Clipse
09-21-2010, 02:01 PM
This was a done deal last week. Just hadn't been reported yet.

Chubby
09-21-2010, 02:07 PM
Always good to hear when a Good Player gets traded out of your conference!

1Dolfan
09-21-2010, 02:46 PM
and now the rest of the afc east has to deal with him

emeraldfin
09-21-2010, 02:52 PM
When Rice comes back, the Vikes will have a scary receiving core.

normaldude
09-21-2010, 03:27 PM
and now the rest of the afc east has to deal with him

Haha.. Good point.

Dimitri_0515
09-22-2010, 01:06 AM
Not that I'm calling you a liar or anything but usually when stuff like this is posted a link is sufficient. It's been almost 12 hours since you've reported it and not one peep from the media.

Mako
09-22-2010, 10:35 AM
Wow..

Jackson and a healthy Sidney Rice and Percy Harvin in the same lineup, with Adrian Peterson pounding the rock??

Me thinks AJ Feeley could win with that lineup.. That's sick to even think about.

Question is, if true, how can the Vikings re-sign him? To me, that becomes immediate priority.

vagrantprodigy
09-22-2010, 10:40 AM
Wow..

Jackson and a healthy Sidney Rice and Percy Harvin in the same lineup, with Adrian Peterson pounding the rock??

Me thinks AJ Feeley could win with that lineup.. That's sick to even think about.

Question is, if true, how can the Vikings re-sign him? To me, that becomes immediate priority.

If it's true, they'll have to ditch Berrian's large salary. Then they'll have to skimp on salary at another position in order to keep under the cap next year.

tylerdolphin
09-22-2010, 02:41 PM
Can we have a link?

vagrantprodigy
09-22-2010, 03:46 PM
Can we have a link?

There isn't one yet, because the trade isn't completed yet. They have until 4 to come to a final agreement, or else he gets suspended for more games. If I were them, I would keep my draft picks, and use my draft picks next year to find lots of OL, and a good QB.

Dimitri_0515
09-22-2010, 04:14 PM
Oh well, guess no trade

Mako
09-22-2010, 04:32 PM
If it's true, they'll have to ditch Berrian's large salary. Then they'll have to skimp on salary at another position in order to keep under the cap next year.

They'll have a mighty tough time ditching that turd of a contract, but they'd have to do it essentially to make this trade worth it. To give up a 2nd and 3rd for a 12 game (plus playoffs) rental of Vincent Jackson is the type of move that'd get someone fired.

I think that's essentially the stumbling block at this point as to why San Diego hasn't moved him. Whoever's moving him at the Chargers' asking price is going to want him signed, sealed and delivered. I know that's a major reason why the Rams have backed out of the talks for him, and there isn't a team in this league who needs a go-to-WR like Jackson more.

WVDolphan
09-23-2010, 01:42 AM
I dont have an official link since I am here at work but seeing it reported via twitter.

Trade makes complete sense for the vikes

By who? Incarseratedbob?

Twitter reports are a ****ing joke unless they are under the names of legit reporters who dont put out reports until they are 100% confirmed because of journalistic integrity.