PDA

View Full Version : RUMOR: Braylon Edwards Released!!!!!

semperkillz
09-23-2010, 03:11 AM
There is plenty of talk about this going around still looking for a legit source. Not sure I believe any of it though.

semperkillz
09-23-2010, 03:17 AM
Still can't find a source......My guess is that someone just made this crap up. Why would the jets let him go for nothing after saying he would play on sunday. I mean if they were that upset with him they would have said he was not playing and then release him. Them saying he would play tells me this is a hoax or a lie.

semperkillz
09-23-2010, 03:20 AM
Looks like this is the guy who broke the story....http://twitter.com/BrandonFunston

Flame
09-23-2010, 03:24 AM
I cant see that happening.. id be amazed if it did..

Mr. Magoo
09-23-2010, 03:26 AM
So what's the policy on calling a poster and his sources complete and utter **** again?

semperkillz
09-23-2010, 03:27 AM
Only way I see this happening is if those above Rex are pissed at all the negative media that the jets have been getting. It all started with Hard Knocks, maybe they want to save face and look good.

semperkillz
09-23-2010, 03:28 AM
So what's the policy on calling a poster and his sources complete and utter **** again?

???

semperkillz
09-23-2010, 03:33 AM
Bleacher report just jumped on the story too....

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/471228-nfl-sources-say-jets-have-no-drunk-love-release-troubled-braylon-edwards

Mr. Magoo
09-23-2010, 03:34 AM
???

Throwing out a COMPLETELY UNSUBSTANTIATED RUMOR without sources or even a vaguely credible person to back them up is an act worthy of scorn and derision.

Your original post says, and I quote, "plenty of talk of this going around."

Plenty of talk where? By whom?

Then your classic second post, where you quickly realize there is NOTHING to back up your first post. Oops! You admit it's probably a hoax or a lie. Then you link to someone's twitter as the guy started the rumor... only he has just ONE tweet to his name, and it doesn't mention Edwards.

No seriously, nice job.

Refuting this **** is frankly beneath me. Someone needs to come along with a dust pan and show this crap the door.

Mr_Freezetag
09-23-2010, 03:35 AM
no friggin way this goes down

semperkillz
09-23-2010, 03:39 AM
There was plenty of talk on the google search where the news pop up. I clearly stated RUMOR. And obviously there was plenty of talk if now Bleacher Report has written a story about it. So I have to wait until the story comes out on the hearald to talk about it and can't mention things that are being talked about on the internet???? Ohh and you call me crap for this???

footsteps_falco
09-23-2010, 03:45 AM
if true, HOLY SHNIKEYSSSS

Mr. Magoo
09-23-2010, 03:52 AM
There was plenty of talk on the google search where the news pop up. I clearly stated RUMOR. And obviously there was plenty of talk if now Bleacher Report has written a story about it. So I have to wait until the story comes out on the hearald to talk about it and can't mention things that are being talked about on the internet???? Ohh and you call me crap for this???

Even a "rumor" needs a source. It can't be just some guy shouting in his bathtub (which is what 95% of Bleacher Report amounts to, frankly). The twitter account both you and the Bleacher Report story refer to have NOTHING about this now.

footsteps_falco
09-23-2010, 03:59 AM
change title to "im making news up" besides why would he be released at 4am...hes out drinking right now..

enJeppesen
09-23-2010, 04:02 AM
It says rumor in the title Mr. Magoo, so calm down man

DisturbedShifty
09-23-2010, 04:06 AM
I could happen. But I doubt it. Though I do expect him to get a four game suspension after this weeks game. If he gets more than four games then this rumor might have more merit.

semperkillz
09-23-2010, 04:08 AM
I never post on this forum even though I have read it for a while...and damn I'm thinking it was probably a bad thing to post. I also visit a heat forum and they are no where near this anal. If there is a rumor out there people want to know about it even if it is not confirmed yet....we still talk about it until it is proven true or false. I see its different here and I understand.

KTOWNFINFAN
09-23-2010, 04:11 AM
This site freaking amazes me. People come here to get news before it is all over the country but then when someone comes here and tries to tell what he SAID was a rumor morons complain that he isn't getting it from a "SOURCE". Unreal, how will we ever get people to come here and start threads before the major networks get it if we attack the OPers every time?? Get a life people, he SAID RUMOR!!!! If that isn't enough for you then DON'T READ IT!!!! I for one am happy for the info. TY OP!! I can come to my own conclusions. I have a brain and can think for myself.

KTOWNFINFAN
09-23-2010, 04:15 AM
So what's the policy on calling a poster and his sources complete and utter **** again? :banhim:Not the OP but Mr. Magoo!!

BeEasy
09-23-2010, 04:56 AM
Throwing out a COMPLETELY UNSUBSTANTIATED RUMOR without sources or even a vaguely credible person to back them up is an act worthy of scorn and derision.

Then your classic second post, where you quickly realize there is NOTHING to back up your first post. Oops! You admit it's probably a hoax or a lie. Then you link to someone's twitter as the guy started the rumor... only he has just ONE tweet to his name, and it doesn't mention Edwards.

No seriously, nice job.

Refuting this **** is frankly beneath me. Someone needs to come along with a dust pan and show this crap the door.

okay and where's your source as a private detective? chill out, he said it's a rumor! relax man it's ganggreen talk anyways.

BeEasy
09-23-2010, 04:59 AM
I never post on this forum even though I have read it for a while...and damn I'm thinking it was probably a bad thing to post. I also visit a heat forum and they are no where near this anal. If there is a rumor out there people want to know about it even if it is not confirmed yet....we still talk about it until it is proven true or false. I see its different here and I understand.

Dude post what you hear, forget all the guys will a terrible marriage. This is the first thread I've read all day about this. I can see it becoming annoying when there are multiple threads reoccurring, but that's not the case.

ROADRUNNER
09-23-2010, 05:08 AM
Well fat boy did say he was going to end this ****, so you never know................

Atila
09-23-2010, 05:09 AM
On ESPN tonight, about 8pm PST they were talkin' about Braylon Edwards playing this Sunday vs Miami... they were talking to Adam Schefter about how this was going to cause a distraction or not. He pretty much said the only distraction it will cause is people wondering exactly WHEN he was going to be put into the game... was it gonna be after the first series? The second? After the first half?

The headline said "Braylon Edwards will not start for the Jets against Miami" or something to that effect.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but looks like he's still on the team.

DisturbedShifty
09-23-2010, 05:28 AM
On ESPN tonight, about 8pm PST they were talkin' about Braylon Edwards playing this Sunday vs Miami... they were talking to Adam Schefter about how this was going to cause a distraction or not. He pretty much said the only distraction it will cause is people wondering exactly WHEN he was going to be put into the game... was it gonna be after the first series? The second? After the first half?

The headline said "Braylon Edwards will not start for the Jets against Miami" or something to that effect.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but looks like he's still on the team.
For now he is. If he gets released or even traded, it won't be until after the weeks game and after the NFL has had time to review it. You can bet that the NFL will suspend him. Like I said before, I expect four games. At the least one game. But if he winds up being in violation of his probation from the Cleveland assault charge, then there is a good chance the League might take more drastic measures. And if they do that then the Jets will probably cut him.

Atila
09-23-2010, 05:52 AM
Perhaps, but this thread is about Braylon Edwards being released - which is, at this point, untrue.

He'll be a Jet this Sunday.

jvw
09-23-2010, 05:55 AM
This guy is not worth the baggage he carries around, the Jets should cut him and move on.

zachblitz54
09-23-2010, 07:14 AM
They should cut him just for growing that stupid looking bin laden beard.

KlausC
09-23-2010, 07:21 AM
incarseratedbob strikes again.

butta247
09-23-2010, 07:38 AM
Brandon represents the intelligence level of the jets and their fans. He was out drinking with stallworth the night he moved a lady down and killed her. You think he would learn from his friends mistake......but then you have to think "this is braylon Edwards.....he has the intelligence level of a 3rd grader"

Mcganiel
09-23-2010, 08:00 AM
Man you guys are ruff. His post even has rumor in the title. Some people just leark here and are ready to pounce on posts like this, I think these individuals need a little pu$$y and relax.

1 dol fan
09-23-2010, 08:06 AM
Man you guys are ruff. His post even has rumor in the title. Some people just leark here and are ready to pounce on posts like this, I think these individuals need a little pu$$y and relax.
But it is still probably untrue.

Gonzo
09-23-2010, 08:07 AM
Twitter and Bleacher Report strike again. Until this is rumored by a legitimate source, it's going where it belongs.

Chubby
09-23-2010, 08:30 AM

No seriously, nice job.

If Rumor Posts bother you so much here is a Tip: When you see the Word "Rumor" on a thread title dont open it.

Leave these type of threads to those interested in it.
Chubbs

Chubby
09-23-2010, 08:32 AM
Twitter and Bleacher Report strike again. Until this is rumored by a legitimate source, it's going where it belongs.
This post is not SPAM its a RUMOR and titled as such(correctly). Dont see why this ended up in the SPAM folder.

Move this thread back to the regular forums so others can discuss the rumor if they wish. Regardless if this Rumor is real or not which it probably isnt, its a discusable topic and has huge ramifications on the JETS, AFC East and the Fins.
Chubbs

Tunaphish429
09-23-2010, 09:15 AM
No way Edwards gets cut...If they had Holmes I could see it..

But not know

Chubby
09-23-2010, 09:26 AM
No way Edwards gets cut...If they had Holmes I could see it..

But not know

Agreed, there is no way they are letting him go this season. He is their #1, I also dont seem them sittnig him more the 2 drives this Sunday.
Chubbs

Gonzo
09-23-2010, 09:07 PM
This post is not SPAM its a RUMOR and titled as such(correctly). Dont see why this ended up in the SPAM folder.

Move this thread back to the regular forums so others can discuss the rumor if they wish. Regardless if this Rumor is real or not which it probably isnt, its a discusable topic and has huge ramifications on the JETS, AFC East and the Fins.
ChubbsThen they can discuss it here to their hearts content, where it belongs.

Flip Tanneflop
09-25-2010, 01:03 AM
Bleacher report is straight dog ****.

Id like to see any posts from Bleacher report and twitter accounts that do not belong to well respected and credible PROFESSIONAL journalists banned from the forum.

Wildbill3
09-25-2010, 05:35 PM
Even a rumor needs to have a source.

Gonzo
10-07-2010, 10:50 PM
Even a rumor needs to have a source.
It does, it comes from where most **** comes from. Bleacher Report and Twitter simply have diarrhea.