PDA

View Full Version : Dear "Stop the Wildcat" Clowns ... An Open Letter

JoeFin
09-27-2010, 12:59 AM
Dear Friends,

There seem to be a lot of you out tonight. And it seems ALL of you need to start a brand new thread so you can impart your pencil ***** wisdom to the world: Stop the wildcat!

What you "jenius" football minds don't seem to understand is that the wildcat is, essentially, a POWER RUNNING PLAY (only with more options).

If you want to stop power running plays, then fine. Why don't you title your thousand idiot little threads "Stop Running Plays." ... You'd make as much sense.

Now, granted, the wildcat can be seen as gimmick, and if you want the truth, the way they ran it tonight did seem like a gimmick, but any running play can be turned into a gimmick. The problem isn't with the nature of the wildcat, or that it "ruins the rhythm" of the offense (complete horsesh!t). The problem is that it doesn't go for 25 yards every play. ... NEWSFLASH: No play does.

So please, please, please stop your idiot threads to put an end to the wildcat. And if you can't do that, AT THE VERY LEAST, could you please take a cursory look at the threads already on the first page to see how many other "jeniuses" have started an equally inane thread about stopping the wildcat.

Many thanks.

Your pal,

Knute Rockne

SebasMiamiFan
09-27-2010, 01:01 AM
No it only sucks because the Jets stopped it today and Henning used it in the wrong situations. Had we won, nobody would be whining about this. Plus the execution of it was really poor.

EaTiNgCrOw
09-27-2010, 01:02 AM
Oh yea because I totally forgot that B. Marsh was a running back, and that Ronnie is our QB now.

Shut up, this post is ignorant as hell, and im inclined to believe that the poster follows suit.

CorduroyG
So you were happy with the wildcat reverse to patrick freaking cobbs with 6 minutes left at the jets 36 when we were moving the ball well the entire 2nd half without the wildcat?

bradmcnutt13
Ha, I would guess that it didn't even average more then 2 yards a play. Nice hyperbole with posters being upset that it didn't get 25 yards a play.

BGtoKNfor6
09-27-2010, 01:03 AM
what is a "jenius"?

AlphaPHIN
09-27-2010, 01:03 AM
No its when your qb is in a rhythm and you continue to take him out when its not effective and on top of that are running SLOW developing reverses out of it that have never ever worked. Yet we get down by the goaline and dont use it for what its meant for and instead throw fade routes to Brian Hartline

JoeFin
09-27-2010, 01:04 AM
what is a "jenius"?

You ... it would seem.

SebasMiamiFan
No its when your qb is in a rhythm and you continue to take him out when its not effective and on top of that are running SLOW developing reverses out of it that have never ever worked. Yet we get down by the goaline and dont use it for what its meant for and instead throw fade routes to Brian Hartline

This.

bradmcnutt13
No it only sucks because the Jets stopped it today and Henning used it in the wrong situations. Had we won, nobody would be whining about this. Plus the execution of it was really poor.

I hate the wildcat. Win, lose, draw, whatever, I never want to see it. It hardly ever works against good D's.

EaTiNgCrOw
I mean its not like we were absolutely abusing K.Wilson and their LBs in the recieving game or anything...so yea sure why not stop that because its working far far too well and lets "power run".

This post is beyond laughable, it makes me want to vomit.

Fintastic2124
09-27-2010, 01:05 AM
Stupid thread....trash the wildcat. It generates more negative plays than anything else.

CorduroyG

Amen. The fade to hartline was 1 of the biggest plays of the game, the jets D was DEAD TIRED at that point, perfect time to pound the ball and score the go ahead touchdown. And we call a FADE?????????????????????????? I still cant believe that call, just absolutely brutal

hooshoops
dear,

maybe you should watch the tape of tonights game...

signed,

common sense

Adam First
Power running plays are great, The Wildcat hasn't worked in a year. Our power running game in our base offense works fine, just hand it off to Ronnie and Ricky like a normal team wound.

JoeFin
As I said, tonight it was used as a gimmick. (Bad move.) ... But to call for its elimination, as so many jeniuses here are doing, is tantamount to using the wildcat as a gimmick.

SebasMiamiFan
09-27-2010, 01:06 AM
dear,

signed,

common sense

This :lol:

EaTiNgCrOw
This thread is only about 6 posts deep, and it already seems that the OP got put on blast pretty good. He should be banned for the hell of it.

Fl_Neil
I think the dolphins should just decide to kick the ball on 3rd down since we love to waste plays on the GD wildcat!! Come on!!
Stop running the wildcat. Or at least stop trying to use it 6 .. 7 i cant count how many times every game! It doesn't work.
It only worked against the patriots because they weren't ready for it! Everyone knows how to stop the
wildcat now so please stop running this garbage ...

sharp
09-27-2010, 01:07 AM
You cannot defend it after this game. I know it has brought us past success but the way it is run now is ridiculous.

I disagree with running it inside the 20 after henne and company drives us deep in no time. Theres no reason to bring it out multiple times. There is no reason to stop Henne's momentum when we have them on their heels.

Henne was making that secondary look pedestrian and we took it out of hands too many times.

JoeFin
09-27-2010, 01:07 AM
dear,

signed,

common sense

Yes. ... And when a running game doesn't work one game, you'd call for it's elimination. ... Or when a passing game doesn't work, you'd call for it's elimination.

Maybe you could see where this is heading. Soon your only play would be to fall down and *hopefully* cover the ball. ... SMART!

AlphaPHIN
09-27-2010, 01:08 AM
Yet we get down to the 2 yd line with a chance to take the lead and we DONT use it when it is meant to just power people for a couple of yards.

I blame Sparano as much as Henning because he lets it keep happening. Hes just as clueless and carries most of the blame here.

JoeFin
09-27-2010, 01:09 AM
You cannot defend it after this game. I know it has brought us past success but the way it is run now is ridiculous.

Agreed. And I've said that. ... Don't use it as a gimmick. Use it as part of the regular package, and run it like they used to.

As for running it inside the 20, they did that all the time before without any problems.

You can say they're getting too cute with it, and I would agree. But I wouldn't call for its elimination.

EaTiNgCrOw
09-27-2010, 01:09 AM
This is entire post should be stricken from all records, if not for the fact that its subject matter is equivalent to a toddler smashing the keys on a keyboard, but for the repeated misspelling of the word "GENIUSES". Go find a cliff.

hooshoops
09-27-2010, 01:10 AM
Yes. ... And when a running game doesn't work one game, you'd call for it's elimination. ... Or when a passing game doesn't work, you'd call for it's elimination.

Maybe you could see where this is heading. Soon your only play would be to fall down and *hopefully* cover the ball. ... SMART!

yeah...thats what i meant...or maybe let the qb who's been torching one one one coverage on the outside continue to do so instead of pulling him off the field after every 3rd down conversion and then bringing him back in 2nd and 3rd and 10 plus...

lol...this is too easy

or bring it in every time we get in the red zone to kill the qbs confidence and momentum...its bs

JoeFin
09-27-2010, 01:12 AM
This is entire post should be stricken from all records, if not for the fact that its subject matter is equivalent to a toddler smashing the keys on a keyboard, but for the repeated misspelling of the word "GENIUSES". Go find a cliff.

Dear "Jenius,"

I'm going to break this to you gently so it doesn't hurt.

*whispering* ... That was intentional. Now I won't get into why I would do such a thing. I'm afraid it would only confuse you more.

JoeFin
09-27-2010, 01:15 AM
This post is beyond laughable, it makes me want to vomit.

*holding open paper bag* ... Go ahead friend. Good medicine is often hard to swallow. ... I'm here for you.

bradmcnutt13
09-27-2010, 01:16 AM
It only worked against the patriots because they weren't ready for it! Everyone knows how to stop the
wildcat now so please stop running this garbage ...
This and this and this and this. The wildcat has no chance against fast D's like the Steelers or Packers or Ravens. Unless we don't have the intention of beating these teams, I'd suggest adopting an offense that actually works against good D's.

JoeFin
09-27-2010, 01:18 AM
This thread is only about 6 posts deep, and it already seems that the OP got put on blast pretty good. He should be banned for the hell of it.

Yes... BAN me. ... BAN the wildcat. ... Sh!t, BAN Dolphins football!

You'd be king then, ol' boy. .... If only they would listen to you!

Dbest
09-27-2010, 01:20 AM
Dear ,Mr conserviness [henning]

Anytime time you get the urge to run the wildcat, jus use traditional power o even tho that might not be the best playcall at the time, but atleast it wont make me vomit.

sincerely,
dbest

HurriPhin
09-27-2010, 01:21 AM
Repost: For all you Wildcat whiners... it sure seemed to work for the jets in critical situations tonight. Maybe just maybe it was our lack of execution against a very good D. Think about it before you post more ignorant nonsense.

EaTiNgCrOw
09-27-2010, 01:22 AM
Dear "Jenius,"

I'm going to break this to you gently so it doesn't hurt.

*whispering* ... That was intentional. Now I won't get into why I would do such a thing. I'm afraid it would only confuse you more.

*Whispering*... I'm not buying it, your credibility has gone out the window as soon as you hit the post button on this babble. Based on the subject matter, I would'nt put it past you to mispell your name on an exam.

*Screaming*... Stop defending the "power run", it makes you seem dense as hell!

bradmcnutt13
09-27-2010, 01:27 AM
Repost: For all you Wildcat whiners... it sure seemed to work for the jets in critical situations tonight. Maybe just maybe it was our lack of execution against a very good D. Think about it before you post more ignorant nonsense.

Never said that it didn't work against bad defenses.

LVFinsFan
09-27-2010, 01:28 AM
The wildcat was sick tonight!

Man did it keep our offense moving.

Retard.

BGtoKNfor6
09-27-2010, 01:29 AM
Damn really OP. How in the world can you expect people to take you seriously when you can barely put together a coherent sentence let alone spell common words. No offense man but damn..it is "genius" as in "G" in G.E.D.

I am sorry mods but damn....this post is worth a time out if needed...whatever...damn..

JoeFin
09-27-2010, 01:33 AM
No offense man but damn..it is "genius" as in "G" in G.E.D.

Thanks for the klarification.

Vaark
09-27-2010, 01:42 AM
Dear Mrs Henning

Thanks for stopping by to spread good cheer. However, your hubby is stuck in a time warp and is sucking the momentum and rhythm out of the offense. I hear Walmart is hiring greeters, you should encourage him to apply.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/11/24wu4n8-1.jpg

SebasMiamiFan
09-27-2010, 01:42 AM
Dear Mrs Henning

Thanks for stopping by to spread good cheer. However, your hubby is stuck in a time warp and is sucking the momentum and rhythm out of the offense. I hear Walmart is hiring greeters, you should encourage him to apply.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/11/24wu4n8-1.jpg

:lol:

dabeastdabone
09-27-2010, 01:52 AM
Stupid thread. Your imply we need it to have a power running game by using it. We don't. Throughout history how many teams that had power running teams used the wildcat or a form of? I'm guessing few to none.

In addition it is a gimmick of sorts in the sense it isn't a traditional play and relies some on teams not seeing it often. Problem is no gimmick is left to it now and that is in large part why it doesn't work.

Missouri-FINFAN
09-27-2010, 01:53 AM
Dear Friends,

There seem to be a lot of you out tonight. And it seems ALL of you need to start a brand new thread so you can impart your pencil ***** wisdom to the world: Stop the wildcat!

What you "jenius" football minds don't seem to understand is that the wildcat is, essentially, a POWER RUNNING PLAY (only with more options).

If you want to stop power running plays, then fine. Why don't you title your thousand idiot little threads "Stop Running Plays." ... You'd make as much sense.

Now, granted, the wildcat can be seen as gimmick, and if you want the truth, the way they ran it tonight did seem like a gimmick, but any running play can be turned into a gimmick. The problem isn't with the nature of the wildcat, or that it "ruins the rhythm" of the offense (complete horsesh!t). The problem is that it doesn't go for 25 yards every play. ... NEWSFLASH: No play does.

So please, please, please stop your idiot threads to put an end to the wildcat. And if you can't do that, AT THE VERY LEAST, could you please take a cursory look at the threads already on the first page to see how many other "jeniuses" have started an equally inane thread about stopping the wildcat.

Many thanks.

Your pal,

Knute Rockne

Ya it is a power running play,, So why not run it at the end of the game from inside the 10 ? Noooo lets do a reverse or have ronnie try and throw it earlier. FO needs to question Henning's play calling. From what i remember, we used to win a lot of games w/o the wildcat. Its going to be harder and harder to run it with teams more prepard for it. Like Irvin said after the game on NLF Network.. They should of called Marshall's # on all 4 plays and throw it up high for him to go get it. Thats what they got him for, "a playmaker".

mmikel30
09-27-2010, 02:03 AM
Hey Einstein...do you actually believe that the defense is going to see a pass out of that set.....No! there is no element of surprise anymore, defenses have seen what our wildcat is all about. at least when Henne is under center the defense is not sure if it is run or pass. plain and simple the wildcat is burnt out. It was only started because we could not throw the football.

xxdolfanxx
09-27-2010, 02:03 AM
Dear Friends,

Many thanks.

Your pal,

Knute Rockne

Why should we continue to run a play that prob. gained negative yardage in total? We have enough weapons now to run a normal base offense. The wildcat just ruins out rythme and it resulted in mostly negative and 0 yards. Lets try to limit the damage and start at 2 and 8, instead of 2 and 15.

andris86
09-27-2010, 03:38 AM
this post is "jenius" lol.

Mogwai
09-27-2010, 05:04 AM
If you're going to make a bitter, incoherent rant where you try to insult a lot of people, it's probably best to make sure you're not a moron first.

dlockz
09-27-2010, 06:49 AM
Dear Friends,

Many thanks.

Your pal,

Knute Rockne

Actually its a power running play with less options since teams have very little reason to truly respect or think that we will pass. I mean do you truly worry about double covering Brandon Marshall with Ronnie Brown lined up at Qb. I know some people want to believe that the wildcat is the most innovative play in the history of the NFL but its like running Navy's offense in the NFL will it take teams off guard at first but there are reasons that teams dont run triple options in the NFL also. If we wanted to have our qb run around all the time with the ball I guess we should have just signed Michael Vick or made Pat white our starter.

finfan54
09-27-2010, 06:57 AM
Dont scrap the WC. Just scrap the nonsensical cutsie crap that they run off it. Tonights two blunders:

Marshall end around
Cobbs end around reverse
Its teh cutsie crap that kills us! Just run it straight at them! Thats what works!!!!!!

thedayafter
09-27-2010, 07:53 AM
Complete whooee.... if you take the deficit created (2nd and 10) when it fails (most of the time) and where it takes place on the field (inside the opponents 30) it's clear to all involved the WC needs to be put on the shelf..... we have better weapons now on the outside.... and they need to be the focus....

bradmcnutt13
09-27-2010, 08:14 AM
That's what I saw over and over tonight; an absolutely wasted first down. I'd rather they'd just take a shot down the field. The upside of that would be worth it. Even when the wildcat does succeed, its usually for like 5 yards at best.

Vaark
09-27-2010, 08:35 AM
Although I think the shelf life of the WC is approaching obsolescence - or at least the way we're running it now, I'm befuddled why we're not in this formation lined up with Thigpen, who may not have as much elusiveness and speed of a Pat White, but has counterbalancing throwing accuracy and durability. It's just Henningesque, to continue lining Ricky and Ronnie up with or w/o Henne in the lineup. Thigpen can accomplish almost as much with his feet and certainly keep the defense more honest with his arm.

walt
09-27-2010, 09:37 AM
The WC was a great invention when we needed it 2 years ago, because we had no vertical passing threat with Penny at QB and a weak corps of receivers. With Henne and Marshall, that has now changed, and we proved last night that we have a potent passing attack. The WC takes away the threat of the pass, allows the defense to key on the run. Yes, Ronnie can throw it ocassionally, but his accuracy is weak, so the defense knows that isn't going to happen much. The WildPat was a good idea to keep it alive, but it didn't work. If I was the Jets OC I'd use the WC all the time with Brad Smith. For us, with the personnel we have now, both good and bad, it's time to retire it.