PDA

View Full Version : Its the Jets turn to dominate the decade

DaBills4life
10-04-2010, 11:45 AM
Dolphins had the 70's and 80's, Bills had the 90's, Patriots had the 2000's, now the Jets have the 2010's.

The Jets IMO are the most complete football team I have ever seen.

Offense
Defense
Special teams.

What is scary is they add Trevor Pryce, and get Revis and Santonio Holmes back. Calvin Pace is also back soon. Unreal talent on that team. All they needed was Sanchez to develop. They will go 15-1 and win the Super Bowl.

They dont beat you with finesse, they punch you in the mouth.

Ilovemyfins4eva
10-04-2010, 12:18 PM
Dolphins had the 70's and 80's, Bills had the 90's, Patriots had the 2000's, now the Jets have the 2010's.

Offense
Defense
Special teams.

What is scary is they add Trevor Pryce, and get Revis and Santonio Holmes back. Calvin Pace is also back soon. Unreal talent on that team. All they needed was Sanchez to develop. They will go 15-1 and win the Super Bowl.

wow, u have got to be kidding me? just because the pounded ur awful team, does not make them the best team in a while, as u stated by saying they are the best team you have ever seen.

are they a good team? yes. but dont get so high on them. they still got question marks, still lack a pass rusher, and as good as sanchez has looked the last 3 games, he has to string more games together of this level before we call him a top qb.

redbeard75
10-04-2010, 12:26 PM
Still a little early. I thought they were kind of a old team too. Idk the facts for sure but they have a bunch of big names from the past.

X-Pacolypse
10-04-2010, 01:01 PM
Surprising coming from a Bills fan.

Batroc
10-04-2010, 01:02 PM

Offense
Defense
Special teams.

The Jets are good (as much as I hate to say it), but don't you think predicting that they'll "dominate the decade" is a little premature? They beat the Pats and Fins back to back, but both teams were in that game in the 4th quarter so it's not like they dominated. Beating the Bills 38-14 is like kicking a retarded kid in the head. Yeah it happened, but it doesn't really mean it's anything they should be particularly proud of.

Ilovemyfins4eva
10-04-2010, 01:06 PM
The Jets are good (as much as I hate to say it), but don't you think predicting that they'll "dominate the decade" is a little premature? They beat the Pats and Fins back to back, but both teams were in that game in the 4th quarter so it's not like they dominated. Beating the Bills 38-14 is like kicking a retarded kid in the head. Yeah it happened, but it doesn't really mean it's anything they should be particularly proud of.
i thought the most idiotic statement from his post was that he said '' the jets imo are the MOST COMPLETE FOOTBALL TEAM I HAVE EVER SEEN''

WISfinfan13
10-04-2010, 01:11 PM
Id have to agree so far this year they have been the most consistent team. But it is super early. And injurys can always derail a season in a hurry.

Clipse
10-04-2010, 01:29 PM
:lol:

ollie
10-04-2010, 01:48 PM
Great it's decided!!! No need to play games or anything... See everyone in 2020!!!

Tunaphish429
10-04-2010, 01:59 PM
They are a talented team that is for sure..

But you dont know what injuries will happen and really we dont know if other teams: Ie the Pats and Phins are not going to get better as the year and decade goes on ..

mindstate
10-04-2010, 02:43 PM
I don't know about that... remains to be seen how much of our young talent can be retained... and if not, how well we continue to draft. And of course Sanchez turning out to be the long term answer at QB, that'd be nice for a change.

The Dolphins are building a team that looks to be competitive for the foreseeable future as well.

The Jets are headed in the right direction but there are too many variables to make any definitive statements.

But this was a pretty flattering post. :)

Jetsfan89
10-04-2010, 02:48 PM
Still a little early. I thought they were kind of a old team too. Idk the facts for sure but they have a bunch of big names from the past.

The core of their team (Mangold, D'Brick, Revis, Harris) are all very young.

Sanchez, Keller, Holmes, Edwards, Greene and Cromartie are all young as well. We are built for long term success.

Yes we have some older guys like LT, Taylor, Woody, and Ellis but they are in the minority.

AphexPhin
10-04-2010, 03:05 PM
The Jets are certainly playing some impressive football (so far). A LOT can happen through out an NFL season. Remember that year not too long ago when the Jets had Favre? After they dominated Titans, a lot of people were saying this was the Jets year...then they lose 4 out of their last 5 and miss the playoffs.

Also, the Bills are perhaps the most pathetic excuse for an NFL team I've seen in a long time. Holy crap, they are awful. The Bills made Sanchez looked like Elway out there lol.

All that aside, kudos to the Jets so far. They are the team to beat in the AFC East and I really hope the Fins can keep pace with them (and split the series in NY)

Clipse
10-04-2010, 03:33 PM
The core of their team (Mangold, D'Brick, Revis, Harris) are all very young.

Sanchez, Keller, Holmes, Edwards, Greene and Cromartie are all young as well. We are built for long term success.

Yes we have some older guys like LT, Taylor, Woody, and Ellis but they are in the minority.

Holmes, Edwards, adn Cromartie won't be there next year, so no point in bringing them up. Our team is the 2nd youngest in the league, so our core is even younger than yours is.

ollie
10-04-2010, 03:45 PM
Holmes, Edwards, adn Cromartie won't be there next year, so no point in bringing them up. Our team is the 2nd youngest in the league, so our core is even younger than yours is.

One of them may not be there. They'll keep at least 2 of them. Me thinks that's some wishful thinkin' on your part

Jet Offensive
10-04-2010, 03:54 PM

all 3? yeah probably not. but at least 2 out of 3.

AphexPhin
10-04-2010, 05:05 PM
The Jets would be fools to let Edwards go. Edwards could get arrested for another DUI tomorrow and the Jets still wouldnt let him go. He is vital part of that offense.

Clipse
10-04-2010, 05:07 PM
One of them may not be there. They'll keep at least 2 of them. Me thinks that's some wishful thinkin' on your part

Wishful thinking is correct, on your part. They'll be lucky to keep one of them after paying Harris, and you know Keller isn't going to be playing for what he's getting paid much longer. And thinking any one of them is going to take less money is rather ridiculous.

10-04-2010, 05:53 PM
Wishful thinking is correct, on your part. They'll be lucky to keep one of them after paying Harris, and you know Keller isn't going to be playing for what he's getting paid much longer. And thinking any one of them is going to take less money is rather ridiculous.

They will definitely at least keep one of the receivers, most likely 2, and after recent events maybe even all 3 of the guys you mentioned.

Tannenbaum is a cap genius and will do what is necessary to keep our top talent there.

Kris Jenkins will either retire or come back at a reduced contract, that will save some money from the cap.

Ducasse is developing and good replace Damien Woody as well.

It's really wishful thinking to think we will not keep any of them, we are guaranteed to keep at LEAST 1 receiver and probably Cromartie too.

truthbtold
10-05-2010, 12:26 AM

So basically ... you're saying that we're loaded on both sides of the ball ... and you're right.
I'll take my chances at the Superbowl this year and worry about next year when it comes.
We have one of the most talented teams in the league.
That's really all I care about right now.

jree
10-05-2010, 12:41 AM
There is no question in my mind that the Jets are going to be real contenders as long as Sanchez is playing at the level he is now. I'm not going to lie, it disgusts me to say that this team has a real shot at the Super Bowl.

Its funny that this thread was started by a Bills cause they are the complete opposite

EDIT: Let me fix what I said, Its funny that this thread was started by a Bills fan cause they could say the same thing about any team compared to theirs

eifmp
10-05-2010, 12:49 AM
i thought the most idiotic statement from his post was that he said '' the jets imo are the MOST COMPLETE FOOTBALL TEAM I HAVE EVER SEEN''

In his defense...maybe he hasn't seen too many football teams.

kdels62
10-05-2010, 09:14 AM
Maybe. Dynasties are usually built on either a great coaching staff, good management, or an all-time QB w/ a good HC. Right now the Jets may have good management, if they can keep the team together for more than this year then it's a sign of great things to come. If Sanchez develops at the pace he is now the management doesn't have to be as good and they can have more movable parts around him, less pressure on the management to keep players.

IJ25
10-05-2010, 10:15 AM
Holmes, Edwards, adn Cromartie won't be there next year

Keep telling yourself this.

Icer
10-05-2010, 11:45 PM
One of Holmes/Edwards will be retained. There's no way they both walk.
Cromartie will probably walk provided Wilson steps up.

losrudos1
10-05-2010, 11:54 PM
The Jets would be fools to let Edwards go. Edwards could get arrested for another DUI tomorrow and the Jets still wouldnt let him go. He is vital part of that offense.

yes but only in night games against us.

these Jets may be the best team we play this year but they won't sniff the history books this year in any way, shape or form.

thespygatetapes
10-06-2010, 02:58 PM
through the first quarter of the season, one thing is certain. The Jets are perhaps the most balanced team in the NFL. They can play all three phases of the game very well, offense, defense and special teams. And on offense they are balanced between run and pass. If Sanchez keeps playing the way he is playing and the defense gets its new guys to integrate into the system quicker, I don't see ANY weaknesses on this team. I challenge anyone to point out a single hole on this team.

Jets7590
10-06-2010, 07:27 PM
through the first quarter of the season, one thing is certain. The Jets are perhaps the most balanced team in the NFL. They can play all three phases of the game very well, offense, defense and special teams. And on offense they are balanced between run and pass. If Sanchez keeps playing the way he is playing and the defense gets its new guys to integrate into the system quicker, I don't see ANY weaknesses on this team. I challenge anyone to point out a single hole on this team.
If Revis's hamstring dosen't get better than the cornerback situation could pose a problem because apparently it is too hard for Kyle Wilson to turn his damn head to see if the ball is coming or not.

Jetsfan80
10-07-2010, 10:10 PM
The Jets are certainly playing some impressive football (so far). A LOT can happen through out an NFL season. Remember that year not too long ago when the Jets had Favre? After they dominated Titans, a lot of people were saying this was the Jets year...then they lose 4 out of their last 5 and miss the playoffs.

True. But Eric Mangini was a horrible, awful head coach. His track record didn't suggest at all that the Jets were Super Bowl bound. Never mind the drama down the stretch as Favre refused to sit out with a torn bicep.

Last year, the Jets went to the AFC Title game, and appear to be building on that success. And heading into week 5, Darrelle Revis, Calvin Pace and Santonio Holmes are all re-joining the team.

There's no denying all the pieces are in place for a great run.

EDIT: Let me fix what I said, Its funny that this thread was started by a Bills fan cause they could say the same thing about any team compared to theirs

Yet he chose to say it about the Jets.

Woof
10-07-2010, 11:47 PM
The woof will visit you in Toronto when they move the Bills and mark his territory. The Jets defense is woof-less, just bunch of guys running around making tackles ang getting turnovers. Not the Woof. Woof is hungry and thats all you need to know. aaawoooooooooooooooooooooo

TransplantedFan
10-08-2010, 08:48 PM
what a load a crap. It's the Jests! THE JESTS! The only thing they dominate is draft day blooper reels..

Jetsfan80
10-08-2010, 11:15 PM
what a load a crap. It's the Jests! THE JESTS! The only thing they dominate is draft day blooper reels..

Yes, because Nick Mangold, Darrelle Revis, D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Dustin Keller, Mark Sanchez, Shonn Greene and Brad Smith are proving to be such blunders.

ganggreen617
10-09-2010, 01:02 AM
Yes, because Nick Mangold, Darrelle Revis, D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Dustin Keller, Mark Sanchez, Shonn Greene and Brad Smith are proving to be such blunders.

word

TransplantedFan
10-09-2010, 09:33 AM
good pick,, hold out 2x will be gone in 2 years, overrated, good pick, not as good as you think, hahaha done nothing this year, he throws a TD and suddenly he's a star? GMAFB

Jetsfan80
10-09-2010, 11:45 AM
good pick,, hold out 2x will be gone in 2 years, overrated, good pick, not as good as you think, hahaha done nothing this year, he throws a TD and suddenly he's a star? GMAFB

Brad Smith was a 4th round pick, and is one of the best gadget play-guys and return men in the league. I'd say we got our money's worth. Ferguson is not overrated. Was he worthy of being a top 5 pick? Maybe not, but he's solid, and that's what you need out of a franchise LT.

And how, exactly, is Mark Sanchez "not as good as I think"? 8 touchdowns and 0 INT's. After just 13 college starts and 1 NFL season. How's your boy Henne doing?

Greene is coming off a 100+ yard rushing game, and the main reason he hasn't done anything is because we haven't needed him to. Tomlinson has been too busy torching, well, everyone. Greene is going to be our 4th quarter bruiser who should have an excellent 2nd half to his season. Greene with fresh legs 4 games into the season is bad news for the NFL.

TransplantedFan
10-09-2010, 11:53 AM
Brad Smith was a 4th round pick, and is one of the best gadget play-guys and return men in the league. I'd say we got our money's worth. Ferguson is not overrated. Was he worthy of being a top 5 pick? Maybe not, but he's solid, and that's what you need out of a franchise LT.

And how, exactly, is Mark Sanchez "not as good as I think"? 8 touchdowns and 0 INT's. After just 13 college starts and 1 NFL season. How's your boy Henne doing?

Greene is coming off a 100+ yard rushing game, and the main reason he hasn't done anything is because we haven't needed him to. Tomlinson has been too busy torching, well, everyone. Greene is going to be our 4th quarter bruiser who should have an excellent 2nd half to his season. Greene with fresh legs 4 games into the season is bad news for the NFL.

Snachez has had three good games and suddenly he's satan manning? Silly jets fan. I hope you come back monday to take the spanking I'm going to administer when sanchez goes back to his inept ways

I think jets fans should worry more about greene's fumbling after LT wears down, rather then the league worry about his fresh legs.

Jetsfan80
10-09-2010, 12:30 PM
Snachez has had three good games and suddenly he's satan manning? Silly jets fan. I hope you come back monday to take the spanking I'm going to administer when sanchez goes back to his inept ways

I think jets fans should worry more about greene's fumbling after LT wears down, rather then the league worry about his fresh legs.

The minute Thomas Jones wore down last season was when Shonn Greene came into his own. Don't you have a ****ty RB duo to be concerned about?

Sanchez won't keep up the pace he's at right now, but "inept" is not going to be a word to describe him. Not now, not ever. He is showing every sign that he can be at least an average QB in this league and probably better.

MarinePhinFan
10-09-2010, 12:36 PM

WOW! Kids nowadays sure are learning this internet vernacular (IMO) thing fast! And who knew a 4yr old could spell so well!

TransplantedFan
10-09-2010, 12:38 PM
The minute Thomas Jones wore down last season was when Shonn Greene came into his own. Don't you have a ****ty RB duo to be concerned about?

Sanchez won't keep up the pace he's at right now, but "inept" is not going to be a word to describe him. Not now, not ever. He is showing every sign that he can be at least an average QB in this league and probably better.
that's a pile of green **** if i ever smelt it. Sanchez was inept only 4 weeks ago dip****

truthbtold
10-10-2010, 01:56 AM

Don't try to talk sensibly with this clown ... just let him keep talking. The more he says, the more ridiculous he sounds ... and he's gonna look off-the-charts retarded when the Jets win the division in an easy chair. Anyone who knows anything about football and football players can see that we're loaded on both sides of the ball.

Hate the Jets all you want, and root against us to lose every game .... but if you really believe we don't have a good team you must have your head up your ***.

sinPHIN
10-10-2010, 04:19 AM
crap crap crap! take this crap to your crappy green forum where people actually give a ****

TransplantedFan
10-10-2010, 10:24 AM
Don't try to talk sensibly with this clown ... just let him keep talking. The more he says, the more ridiculous he sounds ... and he's gonna look off-the-charts retarded when the Jets win the division in an easy chair. Anyone who knows anything about football and football players can see that we're loaded on both sides of the ball.

Hate the Jets all you want, and root against us to lose every game .... but if you really believe we don't have a good team you must have your head up your ***.

You know what i also see? A second year QB playing well above his head, and a defense that looks very ordinary. Thats what has you jesticles all worked up. Deep down where your soul should reside you know sanchez can't keep this up. Revis is still whining about his hammy and will probably tear it within a week or two. I'm telling yiou, there's a midseason sanchez swoon coming and you little boogers will be crying in your green punch

ROADRUNNER
10-10-2010, 10:49 AM
What a load of............http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/10/sthumb_dog_doo_hard-1.gif (http://www.soimmature.com/sub_pages/all_thumb_subs/page_dog_doo_hard.html)fu;k the bill's and fu;k the stinking jets................

TBWRFMWWW
10-10-2010, 02:41 PM
Did Buffalo really dominate the AFC East in the 90's? They won 4 division titles but thats a pretty lame domination.

Jetsfan80
10-10-2010, 04:29 PM
Did Buffalo really dominate the AFC East in the 90's? They won 4 division titles but thats a pretty lame domination.

In a decade mostly devoid of any kind of AFC East postseason successes, the Bills 4 straight AFC titles pretty much make them the winner by default. Had the Pats won the Super Bowl in '96, the Dolphins gotten a ring out of Marino, or the Jets won in '98, maybe someone else can stake a claim to it. But for their early-90's success, the Bills were the team of the crappy 90's.

truthbtold
10-11-2010, 01:18 AM
You know what i also see? A second year QB playing well above his head, and a defense that looks very ordinary. Thats what has you jesticles all worked up. Deep down where your soul should reside you know sanchez can't keep this up. Revis is still whining about his hammy and will probably tear it within a week or two. I'm telling yiou, there's a midseason sanchez swoon coming and you little boogers will be crying in your green punch

That's very intelligent analysis ... oh wait a minute ... no it's not ... it's brainless.

But here's something interesting ...
The Bills are 0-5 ... every team has scored more than 30 points against them -- GB 34 / NE 38 / NYJ 38 / JAX 36 ... EXCEPT ...
(drumroll) ... the pitiful Dolphins who scored 15 points (and really only 13 because they safetied on themselves) in a life-or-death struggle until the final whistle.

You need to worry about your own offense ... which in case you missed the point ... sucks this year.
If you added up all of Brandon Marshall's TD's you would get a grand total of 1 ... the same number as Pats DB Patrick Chung.

TransplantedFan
10-11-2010, 09:13 AM
That's very intelligent analysis ... oh wait a minute ... no it's not ... it's brainless.

But here's something interesting ...
The Bills are 0-5 ... every team has scored more than 30 points against them -- GB 34 / NE 38 / NYJ 38 / JAX 36 ... EXCEPT ...
(drumroll) ... the pitiful Dolphins who scored 15 points (and really only 13 because they safetied on themselves) in a life-or-death struggle until the final whistle.

You need to worry about your own offense ... which in case you missed the point ... sucks this year.
If you added up all of Brandon Marshall's TD's you would get a grand total of 1 ... the same number as Pats DB Patrick Chung.
You guys are as familiar with sample size as you are personal hygeine and heterosexuality... 1 game means little

We scored what we needed to score. fin

Jetsfan80
10-11-2010, 10:43 AM
You guys are as familiar with sample size as you are personal hygeine and heterosexuality... 1 game means little

We scored what we needed to score. fin

The "sample size" he spoke of was 5. You were the outlier. You scored less than half of the Bills' other 4 opponents. And in case you haven't noticed, you've lost your last 2 games, so maybe there was something to that "1 game" that predicted future results.

Have fun going 7-9.

TransplantedFan
10-11-2010, 11:57 AM
The "sample size" he spoke of was 5. You were the outlier. You scored less than half of the Bills' other 4 opponents. And in case you haven't noticed, you've lost your last 2 games, so maybe there was something to that "1 game" that predicted future results.

Have fun going 7-9.
we played them 1 time. and you are using that 1 game to predict our future sucess

Baltimore's given up 16 ppg avg to non jests. You scored only 9. I guess that means your offense is 1/2 as good as Cleveland,s Rapelisberger less Stillers, Awful Cinn and Denver. Right?

truthbtold
10-11-2010, 02:30 PM
we played them 1 time. and you are using that 1 game to predict our future sucess

Baltimore's given up 16 ppg avg to non jests. You scored only 9. I guess that means your offense is 1/2 as good as Cleveland,s Rapelisberger less Stillers, Awful Cinn and Denver. Right?

Hmmmm ... interesting that you use the Baltimore game to TRY to make a point ... since its the only game we lost.
How'd we do in the other 3 games? Oh that's right, we won them all ... Putting up an average of 30 points per game ...

Baltimore is 4-1 ... after tonight we'll be 4-1.
You're talking about the 2 best teams in the conference ... and we'll see them again in the playoffs ...
While the Dolphins are filling their faces with hot dogs and nachos watching from their couches!
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

TransplantedFan
10-11-2010, 02:54 PM
Hmmmm ... interesting that you use the Baltimore game to TRY to make a point ... since its the only game we lost.
How'd we do in the other 3 games? Oh that's right, we won them all ... Putting up an average of 30 points per game ...

Baltimore is 4-1 ... after tonight we'll be 4-1.
You're talking about the 2 best teams in the conference ... and we'll see them again in the playoffs ...
While the Dolphins are filling their faces with hot dogs and nachos watching from their couches!
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

gee kind like your green bretheran tried to prove our offense sucked by pointing to the bills game. you're issue is with him holmes, and talk to me like that again and I'll give you 2 slaps right in the ****ing mouth

truthbtold
10-11-2010, 07:40 PM
gee kind like your green bretheran tried to prove our offense sucked by pointing to the bills game. you're issue is with him holmes, and talk to me like that again and I'll give you 2 slaps right in the ****ing mouth

Ooooh I'm sorry ... oh wait a minute ... I'm not.
Nice internet muscles though.

TransplantedFan
10-11-2010, 08:52 PM
Ooooh I'm sorry ... oh wait a minute ... I'm not.
Nice internet muscles though.
Burp. Ain't internet muscles tuff stuff. Imma drop some knowledge on you and out you for the know nothing booger you are.

That being said, if we ever crossed paths, obviously I'd drop you like a house of card.