PDA

View Full Version : Best modern SEC RB tandem

Namor
10-04-2010, 08:09 PM
Just talking over this at work and wondering your guys opinion on the best
modern SEC RB tandem.
Discuss who you think was/are the best tandem and why.
Here are your choices.
1)Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson
2)Felix Jones and Darren Mcfadden
3)Ronnie Brown and Cadillac Williams.

I'm going to go with Mark and Trent because...well I'm a Bama guy..nuff said.

I never said I wasn't a big ol homer.

TedSlimmJr
10-05-2010, 03:45 AM
Ronnie and Caddy were beasts.... I remember vividly what it was like to have to face them every year... Bama's defense would be beat up because of it... they were incredible.

DMC and Felix were more explosive and versatile as a combo... DMC almost beat us by himself with the Wildcat package in Fayetville one year.. but you also have to mention Peyton Hillis in that arsenal as well... He led the Razorbacks in receptions from his fullback spot, while also lead blocking for two 1000 yard rushers...

But the best combo is obviously Mark Ingram and Trent... there's a Heisman Trophy there... a National Championship, and both backs have pounded opponents into submission every week... whether it was the "#1 rushing defense" in the country (where both players ripped off 100 yard efforts in the title game)... or flat out making defenses quit and give up by the 4th quarter... which they've done to virtually every single top ranked opponent they've played against...

The most significant part of this is they've done all this as a freshman/sophomore combo... and have yet to see what all they'll do as a sophomore/junior combo....

I know if I was a defensive coordinator, Ingram and Richardson are the two I would hate to face the most... followed by the Ronnie/Caddie duo.... and then DMC/Felix Jones..

X-Pacolypse
10-05-2010, 01:36 PM
I'll be different. I'm going with DMC and Felix just based on versatility alone. Those guys were just a joy to watch.

chrisbaucom
10-05-2010, 07:15 PM
Everybody forgets just how good cadillac and ronnie were. I think they are 1 and the Bama duo is 1A.

And I would never expect Ted or Namor to pick an Auburn duo at #1. Just having some fun guys.