PDA

View Full Version : (Merged x2) Moss to be traded to the vikings.

jfleag61
10-06-2010, 08:26 AM
Any thoughts?? I just hope he a 4td game against the Jets!!:chuckle:

datruth55
10-06-2010, 09:15 AM
For a 2011 third round pick...inconceivable. I know Belichick would never have traded him to a division rival but defending the Pats passing game just became a little easier IMO.

andyahs
10-06-2010, 09:18 AM
Did not matter Monday night.

MarinePhinFan
10-06-2010, 09:19 AM
WOW! Great news for the Dolphins! I can't believe he went for so cheap!

outlawd2u
10-06-2010, 09:19 AM
You're right about making it easier to defend them IF they stick Vontae Davis on Welker the whole game. Vontae has looked every bit the part of a shutdown CB this season and I don't care if Welker is in the slot for a majority of the plays... you Have to put your best CB on their best WR imo. If Davis nuetralizes Welker then what do the pats really have in the passing game? Allen can stick with anyone else that they have on the outside which is nobody special and then we just have to cover the damn TE's.

MarinePhinFan
10-06-2010, 09:20 AM
Did not matter Monday night.

If our ST's had not given up 21 points if would have.

Dolphins12thMan
10-06-2010, 09:20 AM
The pats are now gonna trade for Vincent Jackson A 1st and 3rd rounder

MarinePhinFan
10-06-2010, 09:22 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81b1a1a9/article/vikings-reacquire-wr-moss-in-deal-with-patriots?module=HP_headlines

Had New England allowed Moss to leave in free agency next offseason, it would have received a third-round selection in the 2012 draft as compensation.

MarinePhinFan
10-06-2010, 09:26 AM
The pats are now gonna trade for Vincent Jackson A 1st and 3rd rounder

Possible. However, VJ is no Moss.

andyahs
10-06-2010, 09:27 AM
if our st's had not given up 21 points if would have.

if.if, if

MiamiDolphins34
10-06-2010, 09:29 AM
WOW! Great news for the Dolphins! I can't believe he went for so cheap!

Hes 33.

WISfinfan13
10-06-2010, 09:30 AM
Glazer is reporting it is official Moss is a Viking.

MiamiDolphins34
10-06-2010, 09:30 AM
Watch out for the Vikes now...favre must be happy.

DphinBillkiller
10-06-2010, 09:33 AM
That's an interesting development!

ckparrothead
10-06-2010, 09:43 AM
You know how they say every cloud has a silver lining, etc?

Even a game as atrocious as the one Miami played against the Patriots the other night can have a positive outcome. Miami held Moss to zero catches by doubling him all day. The next day he walks into Bill Belichick's office to give him a piece of his mind about the way he's being used. The day after that, he's traded to the Vikings. Coincidence? I think not.

Avigatorx
10-06-2010, 09:50 AM
I'm just glad he was traded for a pick and not a player. I was worried Jared Allen might be a Pat and actually give them a pass rush.

The downside however, is that NE now has more Ingram-ammo heading into the draft:(

Spiff
10-06-2010, 09:52 AM
We should have traded Bonamego for Moss straight up.

ckparrothead
10-06-2010, 09:53 AM
The Patriots aren't drafting Mark Ingram.

Be more worried about Julio Jones, A.J. Green, Malcolm Floyd, Jonathan Baldwin.

Doctor Phibes
10-06-2010, 10:02 AM
Did anyone see at the end of Monday's game where Moss was on the sidelines with the same face on as our players ? Pretty obvious he couldn't care less about winning - just interested in padding his stats and making $$$$. They are better off without him

Valandui
10-06-2010, 10:04 AM
Welker should definitely take a hit in effectiveness now. I definitely see AJ Green as a Patriot now unless they trade for Vincent Jackson.

phins2k3
10-06-2010, 10:07 AM
This is great news for us in many ways,hopefully he will play like he's capable of an terrorize the Jets defense next Monday!

Namor
10-06-2010, 10:12 AM
As a Bama guy,you guys are hurting my feelings thinking about Ingram or J.Jones going to the Pats.

MiamiDolphins34
10-06-2010, 10:39 AM
Revis: "agh i dont wana play vs moss again wtf"

MarinePhinFan
10-06-2010, 11:21 AM
if.if, if

You disagree?

MarinePhinFan
10-06-2010, 11:23 AM
I'm just glad he was traded for a pick and not a player. I was worried Jared Allen might be a Pat and actually give them a pass rush.

The downside however, is that NE now has more Ingram-ammo heading into the draft:(

Pats will look for another QB to replace Brady and defense this next draft.

Ilovemyfins4eva
10-06-2010, 11:26 AM
Possible. However, VJ is no Moss.
although he is no moss, his first few years in the league he put up monster numbers on the chargers. the guy is also very young and you can give him a big contract extension knowing he will be good for you for many years to come.

i still am baffeled about this trade though. i mean i understand wanting to get something for moss, but my feeling is when you have a team as desperate as the vikes for a big playmaker, you should get more than a 3rd for moss. even though hes not the moss of old, hes still a top 5 when his head is on straight.

i just think the pats being 3-1 tied for first just lost any chance of doing big things this year because there defense is to young and inexperienced to pick up the offense, and unless they score 24-30 pts a game , they wont win a lot of games. also, desperate times call for desperate measures, and thats wat the vikings had, so they prob couldve gotten a 2nd and a 3rd and maybe a player.

overall, as a fin fan, i am real happy about this because we dont need to face him, and he also will be facing the jets this week[ sux for revis]but if they get jackson, they will be dangerous again on offense, not that they are weak now even without moss.

miamiron
10-06-2010, 11:27 AM
If our ST's had not given up 21 points if would have.

If's don't matter in Football or life

Ilovemyfins4eva
10-06-2010, 11:27 AM
Welker should definitely take a hit in effectiveness now. I definitely see AJ Green as a Patriot now unless they trade for Vincent Jackson.
excellent point. now we will learn the real welker. will see if he is a real product of moss, or he really is an excellent receiver.

miamiron
10-06-2010, 11:37 AM
The Patriots received Moss for a 4th round pick use him for 3+ years and get a third round pick in return
3904 yards later
50 touchdowns later...this is why Bill is a genius and that Bill just destroyed us and has a draft next season
that will continue to rebuild his team

1st Round
1st Round (OAK – Richard Seymour)
2nd Round (CAR – 2010 3rd Round)
2nd Round
3rd Round (MIN – Randy Moss (http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2010/10/patriots-trade-randy-moss-to-minnesota.html))
3rd Round
4th Round
4th Round (DEN – Laurence Maroney)
5th Round
6th Round (NO – David Thomas)

6 picks out of the first 100

Rocket2981
10-06-2010, 11:38 AM
I would be very surprised to see the Chargers trade VJ to the Pats. They will try to trade him in the NFC. I could also see VJ come back and sign the tender like Mcneill did last week...

Ilovemyfins4eva
10-06-2010, 11:39 AM
The Patriots received Moss for a 4th round pick use him for 3+ years and get a third round pick in return
3904 yards later
50 touchdowns later...this is why Bill is a genius and that Bill just destroyed us and has a draft next season

1st Round
2nd Round
3rd Round (MIN – Randy Moss (http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2010/10/patriots-trade-randy-moss-to-minnesota.html))
3rd Round
4th Round
5th Round

6 picks out of the first 100do you know the rules with these draft picks if there is no season next year?

MarinePhinFan
10-06-2010, 11:53 AM
If's don't matter in Football or life

LOL! Sure they do. If I go to work today I'll have a job tomorrow. If I don't show up I won't.

If our ST's played well, we would probably be 4-0 right now or at least 3-1. Ask our former ST's coach if "IF's" matter. LOL!

Anyhow, my original point was (before all of this stupid "IF" stuff came up) was that if you can shut down Moss the Pats offense scores way less points. With no Moss there, it's even better for the defense. Moss is the type of player that cause game plans to account for him. Without him Brady, Welker and their run game becomes worse.

MarinePhinFan
10-06-2010, 11:58 AM
excellent point. now we will learn the real welker. will see if he is a real product of moss, or he really is an excellent receiver.

Brady and Welker are products of Moss. Welker will still make some plays, he's a gamer, Brady's stats will fall drastically.

Ilovemyfins4eva
10-06-2010, 12:00 PM
Brady and Welker are products of Moss. Welker will still make some plays, he's a gamer, Brady's stats will fall drastically.
ya bradys stats will take a hit, because now teams can put 2 men on welker and take him out of the game. that being said, they still got some solid guys who can make catches and move the chains, but the big play element the pats had is now eliminated.

datruth55
10-06-2010, 12:01 PM
Brandon Tate will take over for Moss but he's no Moss. He'll make plays though.

KDog13
10-06-2010, 12:01 PM
Maybe....next year we can get Moss :ponder: ...... It's early but Hartline is looking more like a 4th receiver right now. Marshall, Moss, and Bess......:hump:

foozool13
10-06-2010, 12:03 PM
GREAT!!! Now the Vikings game that we WON, will become a VERY VERY difficult game for the JETS and PATS to win. I love it. I think both teams will lose to the Viks.

j-off-her-doll
10-06-2010, 12:07 PM
Great trade for the Vikings. Puts them right back in the SB conversation. Their D is still nasty as hell. Give Favre someone to throw to, and you might have something.

72champagne
10-06-2010, 12:11 PM
i don't like a lot of things out of this regime either but you can't argue against Jake Long, Vontae Davis or even the early flash of Odrick among a few other decent picks. the problem is they mix philosophies of win now and win later with missing big on free agents and mediocre coaches. i'll give 'em Incognito though, he looks pretty solid to me. how is Dansby really doing? it is hard to tell watching the games one time with so much to try & look at.

johngarry
10-06-2010, 12:16 PM
3904 yards later

1st Round
2nd Round
3rd Round
4th Round
5th Round

6 picks out of the first 100

Bill Knows Football! - the coach, not the consultant... sorry.

MarinePhinFan
10-06-2010, 12:17 PM
ya bradys stats will take a hit, because now teams can put 2 men on welker and take him out of the game. that being said, they still got some solid guys who can make catches and move the chains, but the big play element the pats had is now eliminated.

True, a BB coached team will always play sound. However, he doesn't have near the players he's had in the past. Their dink-and-dunk QB will return though and they've proven they can win that way, but the league has changed in the last 7-10yrs since they've won that way.

Eli_Manning
10-06-2010, 05:09 PM
Damn if vincent mother****ing jackson goes to mother****ing new england than the mother****ing league is mother****ing rigged. What the **** is next??? Fitzgerald is going to get traded to new england for a 6th round picks???? Man everything is mother****ing rigged you hear me mother****ers???