PDA

View Full Version : We need to be like the Patriots !

mccool65
10-06-2010, 12:23 PM
Next move they will make is Vincent Jackson ! Mark it down. We need to Make a trade for Greg Olsen !

oasis
10-06-2010, 12:25 PM
Step 1: Amass numerous early round picks.

Step 2: Trade.

I think we're still on step 1, no?

johngarry
10-06-2010, 12:26 PM
get ready for Vincent Jackson in NE. they've more than enough chips to play that hand!

DolfanISS
10-06-2010, 12:29 PM
I'd be surprised if the Pats go after Jackson. Isn't he a substance abuse vialation away from a long vacation? I can't see them giving him the lucrative contract he is demanding when they won 3 Super Bowls without a top notch WR. It's not like that is or was ever the missing peice for them. I think they will simply go back to Brady's favorite WR being the open guy. Being able to read defenses and finding the open WR is far more important than having an elite WR.

miamiron
10-06-2010, 12:31 PM
NO-NO-NO
They have 10 draft picks next year with 6 out of the first 100

2 first rounders
2 second rounders
2 3rd rounders

This is where they will get what they need NOT over paying for players

oasis
10-06-2010, 12:32 PM
They're rebuilding - they won't go for Jackson unless AJ dramatically lowers the asking price. And I don't think he's likely to do that for NE. Amazing to me that they can rebuild while winning - the mark of a great franchise.

SuperMarksBros.
10-06-2010, 12:38 PM
AJ Smith isnt going to trade Vincent Jackson to another contender in his own conference. The teams in the mix for VJ leading up to the roster exemption deadline were the Rams, Seahawks, Vikings, and Redskins. Coincidence?

Dr. Phin
10-06-2010, 12:39 PM
You forget part of the formula. They pick players who they develop to the point that they can trade them for picks higher than they used to get them. We do the opposite...Ginn for example...pick him 9th...send him for a 5th...(not that getting a 5th for that POS wasn't a good deal.)

Scoffaveli
10-06-2010, 12:39 PM
they aren't going after Vincent

More than likely they will use Oakland's #1 on AJ Green

MarinePhinFan
10-06-2010, 12:42 PM
They're rebuilding - they won't go for Jackson unless AJ dramatically lowers the asking price. And I don't think he's likely to do that for NE. Amazing to me that they can rebuild while winning - the mark of a great franchise.

What have they won during their rebuilding?

Flip Tanneflop
Why in the hell would they want Vincent Jackson?

Why would they trade Moss for a 3rd then turn around and trade more than that for a less talented headache? Get real.

They will be fine with what they have. Tate will step in and produce as their deep threat.

You see the Pats have 2 things we dont have. An elite QB and a coach/GM that knows wtf he is doing.

Thats why even as they rebuild, they will continue to win 10 or 11 games and be in the playoff mix. In 2-3 years, they will win another god damned SuperBowl with all these draft picks and a person that knows how to use them on good players and not busts.

Meantime, were struggling to figure out how to win 8 games in year 3 of this regime. Its a ****ing joke.

MarinePhinFan
I'd be surprised if the Pats go after Jackson. Isn't he a substance abuse vialation away from a long vacation? I can't see them giving him the lucrative contract he is demanding when they won 3 Super Bowls without a top notch WR. It's not like that is or was ever the missing peice for them. I think they will simply go back to Brady's favorite WR being the open guy. Being able to read defenses and finding the open WR is far more important than having an elite WR.

The Pats won Super Bowls because of their defense. Their defense is horrid right now.

MarinePhinFan
10-06-2010, 12:43 PM

Why would they trade Moss for a 3rd then turn around and trade more than that for a less talented headache? Get real.

They will be fine with what they have. Tate will step in and produce as their deep threat.

You see the Pats have 2 things we dont have. An elite QB and a coach/GM that knows wtf he is doing.

Thats why even as they rebuild, they will continue to win 10 or 11 games and be in the playoff mix. In 2-3 years, they will win another god damned SuperBowl with all these draft picks and a person that knows how to use them on good players and not busts.

Meantime, were struggling to figure out how to win 8 games in year 3 of this regime. Its a ****ing joke.

I think you probably pee'd your pants a little while writing this. My wife crosses her legs to stop that from happening. Give it a try. :)

Flip Tanneflop
10-06-2010, 12:43 PM

Well they won a division championship last season. Something we have managed to do ONCE in what.....the last 15 years or so. And that was only because Brady got injured.

What have they won. Get real.

Flip Tanneflop
10-06-2010, 12:45 PM
The Pats won Super Bowls because of their defense. Their defense is horrid right now.

And yet the QB we drafted was picked off 3 times by that defense. Youre right, it is horrid. But, watch them improve all season and by the time Belichick uses 8 picks in the first 4 rounds next season, that defense will be beastly again in 2 years. They already have some good young talent on that side with Mayo and Chung.

Ilovemyfins4eva
10-06-2010, 12:49 PM
And yet the QB we drafted was picked off 3 times by that defense. Youre right, it is horrid. But, watch them improve all season and by the time Belichick uses 8 picks in the first 4 rounds next season, that defense will be beastly again in 2 years. They already have some good young talent on that side with Mayo and Chung.
not to mention banta cain is alright, wilfork is a beast and meriweather.

Ilovemyfins4eva
10-06-2010, 12:52 PM

although i dont think it will happen, the only reason i can see it is because jackson has showed how big of a playmaker he can be in sd, and he is only i believe 24-25 correct me if im wrong, and they can sign him to an extension and not have to really worry about a big drop off due to his young age.

as for moss, he will never be moss, but moss is 33 years old and as talented as he is, does not always give it his all and he prob wasnt coming back to the pats anyways next year. i just dont know why the pats only got a 3rd for him even though im happy. the vikes were a desperate team, and desperate times call for desperate measures. they could have prob gotten more but luckily for us they didnt.

anyways, somehow the unfourtunatley the pats will survive and still put up points on offense.

Flip Tanneflop
not to mention banta cain is alright, wilfork is a beast and meriweather.

Youre right. Banta Cain is a decent player. Meriweather is a beast. Wilfork is a beast but, I dont suspect he will be there when they win their next SB.

tylerdolphin
If they can hit on a good % of those picks, the Pats are going to be beastly in a few years. I know they havent been the greatest with drafting lately, but a moron could find a few great players with all those picks.

Ilovemyfins4eva
10-06-2010, 12:55 PM
Youre right. Banta Cain is a decent player. Meriweather is a beast. Wilfork is a beast but, I dont suspect he will be there when they win their next SB.
well lets hope they dont win their next sb any time soon, but didnt they just sign wilfork to a 5 year extension?

Flip Tanneflop
10-06-2010, 12:58 PM
[/B]
well lets hope they dont win their next sb any time soon, but didnt they just sign wilfork to a 5 year extension?

Oh my bad. Then he "should" be there. But, if he starts to decline at all, you know they will be smart enough the second they notice it to get good value out of him in a trade.

Ricky'sWeinerBong
10-06-2010, 12:58 PM

more games than the Phins.

Ilovemyfins4eva
10-06-2010, 12:59 PM
Oh my bad. Then he "should" be there. But, if he starts to decline at all, you know they will be smart enough the second they notice it to get good value out of him in a trade.
they usually always do get good value in there trades, i just dont see a 3rd for moss as such good value, only because minn was desperate, and desperate teams will panic and u can get more out of them.

retarmyfinfan
10-06-2010, 01:00 PM
Next move they will make is Vincent Jackson ! Mark it down. We need to Make a trade for Greg Olsen !

I think you are right. Read yesterday that they are talking to Vikes about trading Moss. If the vikes were smart they would get vj.

Granchamp71
10-06-2010, 01:09 PM
I would like to win Super Bowls, but I can't stand when people say "I want us to be like (insert successful team here.)"
I want to win, but I want to be like the Dolphins. if you want your team to be like the Patriots, you might as well change your team to the Patriots.

MadDog 88
10-06-2010, 01:12 PM
Let's all bow down and suck the s**t out of Billichik's a$$.

You guys are unreal. You give him way to much credit.

MarinePhinFan
10-06-2010, 01:13 PM
Well they won a division championship last season. Something we have managed to do ONCE in what.....the last 15 years or so. And that was only because Brady got injured.

8 teams every year win a division. Are they also 'great'?

I'll ask again, what have they won since they started rebuilding?

MarinePhinFan
10-06-2010, 01:15 PM
more games than the Phins.

That and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee.

That Pats are done. They've been done for years. The media and gullible people suckered in by the media keep the Pats elite.

Doctor Phibes
10-06-2010, 01:15 PM

Smart teams don't spend high draft picks and big money on a WR - especially one who has had issues. I don't see the Patriots going down that road

Granchamp71
10-06-2010, 01:16 PM
Also, the local media has stated emphatically that they are NOT going for Vincent Jackson. And the players they drafted aren't as beastly as some people are making them out to be. Brandon Meriweather is a beast? Tully Banta-Cain is a beast? They have both been demoted and benched this year for crappy play and attitudes. Jerord Mayo keeps his job based on what he did in 2008, but he has regressed significantly. The 2009 draft was better, but guys like Darius Butler have been terrible.

MadDog 88
10-06-2010, 01:19 PM
WV, we all bash how bad we were last year and how lucky the Jets got to get the WC but then you turn around with a statement that NE won the division last year like is was a major accomplishment. How far did they get in the playoffs??

The sad truth is that this division has been down for years with the exception of the Pats. I wonder just how many Super Bowls the Pats would have won if they played in a competitive division where they wouldn't have the #1 sewn up early.

Get real! :d-day:

MarinePhinFan
10-06-2010, 01:22 PM

One more thing..it's no wonder you're so mad. You think the Dolphins have won the division only once in 15 seasons. LMFAO! Try 3 times in 10.

Shows how much you know. LOL!

DolfanISS
10-06-2010, 01:25 PM

Don't agree, their entire team was very good. So many last minute clutch drives in their Super Bowl seasons whether it be in the playoffs or regular season. I do agree there defense isn't very good right now and it looks unlikely their offense will be able to carry them. They were solid on both sides of the ball in the Super Bowl years, didn't Cory Dillon rush for like 1300-1500 yards in one of them? Didn't they have a workmen like WR in Deoin branch who caught 11 balls in a Super Bowl and was named MVP? I live in NE and probably watch too many pats games but anyone who thinks the defenses carried them during the SB years is kidding themselves. Number 12 made his fair share of clutch plays along the way and with guys like Jermaine Wiggins, JR Redmond, Troy Browm, David Patten, David Givens and so on. The Pats do not need an elite WR to be successful because their QB is good enough to always find the play that is their to be made which is a QB's greeatest skill IMHO.

MarinePhinFan
10-06-2010, 01:41 PM
Don't agree, their entire team was very good. So many last minute clutch drives in their Super Bowl seasons whether it be in the playoffs or regular season. I do agree there defense isn't very good right now and it looks unlikely their offense will be able to carry them. They were solid on both sides of the ball in the Super Bowl years, didn't Cory Dillon rush for like 1300-1500 yards in one of them? Didn't they have a workmen like WR in Deoin branch who caught 11 balls in a Super Bowl and was named MVP? Both teams scored over 30 in that game. I live in NE and probably watch too many pats games but anyone who thinks the defenses carried them during the SB years is kidding themselves. Number 12 made his fair share of clutch plays along the way and with guys like Jermaine Wiggins, JR Redmond, Troy Browm David Patten, David Givens and so on. The Pats do not need an elite WR to be successful because their QB is good enough to always fin the play that is their to be made which is a QB's greeatest skill IMHO.

What last minute clutch drives? Do you mean last minute field goals? And clutch is a myth. It's been proven over and over that clutch is a fairytale made up by the press and fans of players.

The numbers don't lie. 3 Super Bowl wins where they won by a combined 9 points. Three SB wins with a defense ranked 5th, 1st and 2nd. First Super Bowl the defense held "The Greatest Show on Turf" to 17 points and score 7 points of their own in a 20-17 win. In the second Super Bowl, yes, both teams got into a shoot-out. However, a 44yd FG to win it and a crucial stop by the Pats defense sealed the game. Then in their 3rd win the defense pick's off McNabb 3 times setting them up for 14 points, holds Westbrook to something like 40yds, and holds the Eagles to 21 points. They win it by 3 points, again.

Now, I'm not saying that their offense wasn't adequate. However, the NFL, during those seasons, had far better offenses. The NFL did not have Pat caliber defenses at the time though.

Mako
10-06-2010, 01:44 PM
If the Dolphins would trade one of their best players 4 games into the season, 90 percent of the people on this board would self implode.

This said, I DO believe their plans to stockpile draft picks, build depth and develop players is the blue print this team needs to follow. The "go for broke NOW" philosophy hasn't worked for this team in the past and it won't now.

MarinePhinFan
10-06-2010, 01:55 PM
If the Dolphins would trade one of their best players 4 games into the season, 90 percent of the people on this board would self implode.

This said, I DO believe their plans to stockpile draft picks, build depth and develop players is the blue print this team needs to follow. The "go for broke NOW" philosophy hasn't worked for this team in the past and it won't now.

Great point! If we traded Davis or Marshall this forum would have to be shut down. However, the Pats do it and it's "smart". LMAO!

DolfanISS
10-06-2010, 01:55 PM
Not sure what numbers you're looking at. in 2001 their defense was 24 and their offense was 19. In 2003 their defense was 7 and their offense was 17 and in 2004 their defense was 9 and their offense was 7. In all but 2 of those years are defense was ranked hire than theirs and 2 out of 3 times their offense was ranked higher than their defense. Now I'm not a stats guy but you brought it up. Also, don't you think they won those close games because of their defenses ability to make a clutch stop and their offenses ability to get a score in the clutch? I sure do. Plus you need to win regular season games before you can get to the playoffs. Their were many, many clutch TD drives along the way. Tom Brady's ability to make plays when they needed to be made to me was the biggest reason they won 3 Super Bowls.

MarinePhinFan
10-06-2010, 02:01 PM
Not sure what numbers you're looking at. in 2001 their defense was 24 and their offense was 19. In 2003 their defense was 7 and their offense was 17 and in 2004 their defense was 9 and their offense was 7. In all but 2 of those years are defense was ranked hire than theirs and 2 out of 3 times their offense was ranked higher than their defense. Now I'm not a stats guy but you brought it up. Also, don't you think they won those close games because of their defenses ability to make a clutch stop and their offenses ability to get a score in the clutch? I sure do. Plus you need to win regular season games before you can get to the playoffs. Their were many, many clutch TD drives along the way. Tom Brady's ability to make plays when they needed to be made to me was the biggest reason they won 3 Super Bowls.

You're looking at yards. Yards mean sh!t. If yards meant anything we would have beat the Pats this past Monday. It's about points.

The Pats defense's were ranked 5th, 1st and 2nd.

Once again, "clutch" is a feel-good, mad up fantasy. It's about as real as Santa Claus.

Brady was about as much help to those SB winning teams as Dilfer was to the Ravens and Johnson was to the Bucs. Now, Brady has the ability to not make mistakes. He's been coached well.

Mako
10-06-2010, 02:10 PM
Great point! If we traded Davis or Marshall this forum would have to be shut down. However, the Pats do it and it's "smart". LMAO!

You know what they say... One man's genius is another man's fool.

nyjunc
10-06-2010, 02:16 PM
get ready for Vincent Jackson in NE. they've more than enough chips to play that hand!

It's better for us than Randy Moss in NE.

MadDog 88
10-06-2010, 02:18 PM

I see you gave us a couple of days to vent. :lol:

fozzi58
10-06-2010, 02:32 PM

Holy **** Junc - you got 15k posts....on a Fin board??????

ManBearPig
10-06-2010, 02:34 PM
Wow your original, they were sayin that last night on espn and even today.

MadDog 88
10-06-2010, 02:34 PM
Holy **** Junc - you got 15k posts....on a Fin board??????

For most of us Junc is one of us. He just was misled at a young age and we can't hold that against him.

MarinePhinFan
10-06-2010, 02:43 PM
For most of us Junc is one of us. He just was misled at a young age and we can't hold that against him.

He's far from one of us. However, out of all of the other Jests fans he has the ability to grow on a person. Kinda like mold, but less smart. ;)

J/K Junk...I do appreciate the way you handle Dolphin losses.

nyjunc
10-06-2010, 03:09 PM
I see you gave us a couple of days to vent. :lol:

I know how it is after a tough loss. :lol:

mccool65
10-06-2010, 06:39 PM
I said what i said ! I became a Dolphin fan in 1971 when in was a kid ! All i was saying is i don't believe we make good decisions !

mccool65
10-06-2010, 06:43 PM
Whatever !

ukilledkenny
10-06-2010, 06:46 PM
The Jets tried this for a few years... it didn't go well.

Dolphins need to find their own identity and not try to be like anyone.

mccool65
10-06-2010, 06:58 PM
I agree !!!! I just wish we would make better decisions ! Also i believe sometimes we should go out and find a player that is young whom can help the team !

rickd13
10-06-2010, 07:24 PM
What most of you guys do not seem to understand is the Patriots have the luxury of playing with draft picks because they lucked into finding Tom Brady in the sixth round of the 2000 draft. Don't try to tell me that they didn't get lucky drafting Brady in the sixth round, because if they were so brilliant and knew he was going to be the player he is, they would not have waited until the sixth round to take him. When you have a QB the caliber of a Tom Brady you can play around with all the other pieces on your roster and still be good most years and great in others. Everyone talks about how great the Patriots organization is at drafting players but where are all of these great picks lately? They stock pile picks every year but they bust out at as high a rate or higher rate as any average team's draft picks do. Tom Brady covers up a lot of mistakes. Look at the Dolphins during the Marino era. Most of those teams had average to below average talent surrounding Marino, yet they were competitive almost every year. What about Indianapolis? Bill Polian gets so much credit for being such a great gm but can anyone honestly say that they think the Colts would win more than five games without Peyton Manning playing QB for them?
The two best run franchises in my opinion are the Steelers and the Ravens. They managed to stay competitive over long streches of time even when they didn't have a franchise type QB at the helm.

satz
10-06-2010, 08:35 PM
Brady was about as much help to those SB winning teams as Dilfer was to the Ravens and Johnson was to the Bucs. Now, Brady has the ability to not make mistakes. He's been coached well.

That is a stretch , you are putting the 2000 ravens defence with the 01,03,04 pats defence . i am speechless.

mmikel30
10-06-2010, 09:16 PM
Whoever runs the patriots draft picks/trades is smart. The key to having a good football team year after year is through the draft and I would make that my number 1 priority with my football team.

capetide
10-06-2010, 09:36 PM
NO-NO-NO
They have 10 draft picks next year with 6 out of the first 100

2 first rounders
2 second rounders
2 3rd rounders

This is where they will get what they need NOT over paying for players

In 2011,they have
2 1sts
2 2nds
2 3rds
2 4ths
2 6ths

(and will get compensatory picks for losing their TE Watson and DL Greene)

MarinePhinFan
10-06-2010, 10:18 PM
That is a stretch , you are putting the 2000 ravens defence with the 01,03,04 pats defence . i am speechless.

I don't think the Pats defense was as good as the Ravens. However, in the years you just posted they were 5th, 1st and 2nd in the league. It's hard to be better than top 5 three out of four seasons wouldn't you say?

bradmcnutt13
10-06-2010, 11:03 PM
The Pats are going to need those draft picks as they have a lot of holes to fill and they're one of the oldest teams in the league. Their left guard is as good as gone, their left tackle is 32, their center is 31, their right guard is 33 and even though their right tackle is only 26, he got used by Wake. Their corners are still bad even though they drafted some young ones recently. They can't feel great about who they have at running back. They have pretty much no pass rush. They just got rid of Moss so the verdict is still out on whether Tate can fill his shoes and now they have no other Wrs other then Welker and Edelman. They lost Warren for the year so who knows what he's going to be like when he comes back and they have no one else at DE. That's a lot of holes. The sad thing is that we should've whipped them, we were whipping them in the first half, but Henne's failures kept them in the game and the STs did the rest.

3rdandinches
10-06-2010, 11:21 PM
The last thing the Pats are going to do is trade picks for a player that wants 10mil a year and is clearly not worth it. Every team in the NFL want to be like the Pats ....find a 6th round QB that becomes a great QB....so easy to do and BB becomes a genius because of it....what a joke. He's a real good coach but would have zero SB's if not for finding this gem.

VW how T.Brady's are there? Or P.Mannings? You moan and complain like we pass on one every year! Get over it, M.Ryan will never be one of them, he's good and maybe one day real good but right now he's barely better then Henne if at all!

nyjunc
10-07-2010, 08:22 AM

I know you hate Brady but that statement is as asinine as it gets. NE was NOTHING w/o Brady, Brady was the single biggest reason why they won those 3 SBs. That franchise was getting worse every year and rumors were already swirling about BB's job until Brady rescued them starting in week 3 of the 2001 season. I get that we all hate him b/c we hate the Pats but give the man some credit.

Please check the "great" Bill Belichick's record w/ and w/o Tom Brady as his starting QB.

I don't think the Pats defense was as good as the Ravens. However, in the years you just posted they were 5th, 1st and 2nd in the league. It's hard to be better than top 5 three out of four seasons wouldn't you say?

That was in the REGULAR SEASON.

In 2001 they blew a 14 pt 4th qtr lead in the SB

In 2003 the D allowed 19 4th qtr pts

In 2004 they played very well in postseason but their O blew the doors off of the #1 ranked Pitt D on the road making life easy for the D.

In numerous other big games they have choked. Reg season #s are great but if you cannot get it done in jan/Feb what do they really mean?

MarinePhinFan
10-07-2010, 11:48 AM
I know you hate Brady but that statement is as asinine as it gets. NE was NOTHING w/o Brady, Brady was the single biggest reason why they won those 3 SBs. That franchise was getting worse every year and rumors were already swirling about BB's job until Brady rescued them starting in week 3 of the 2001 season. I get that we all hate him b/c we hate the Pats but give the man some credit.

Please check the "great" Bill Belichick's record w/ and w/o Tom Brady as his starting QB.

That was in the REGULAR SEASON.

In 2001 they blew a 14 pt 4th qtr lead in the SB

In 2003 the D allowed 19 4th qtr pts

In 2004 they played very well in postseason but their O blew the doors off of the #1 ranked Pitt D on the road making life easy for the D.

In numerous other big games they have choked. Reg season #s are great but if you cannot get it done in jan/Feb what do they really mean?

The defense was the single biggest factor. A 2500yd, 18TD, 13INT QB is NEVER the biggest factor in anything. In that 2001 playoff season Brady had one game where he threw for 115yds with no TD's, one game where he threw for 300yds but ZERO TD's and 1 INT. In the Super Bowl he had a whopping 145yds passing with 1 TD. So to recap he averaged, in that postseason, 186yds passing, 0.33 TD's and 0.33 INT's per game. Yeah, GREAT play. The Pats won all three games by an average of 4 points. LMAO! He averaged 185yds a game that season with 1.2 TD's and .85 INT. He had 4 multiple INT games and 4 multiple TD games.

The defense is the reason why they won the Super Bowl. Proof? Since their last Super Bowl win their defense has been ranked, on average, 10th in the league. During the 3 years they won the Super Bowl, 2nd. However, their offense has been higher ranked in their non-super bowl years and Brady has posted better numbers. (Because of Moss, and when Brady's numbers drop because Moss is gone I'll be proven correct, again!)

Regular season? You and you're cherry picking! LMAO! 5th, 1st and 2nd. Period.

nyjunc
10-07-2010, 11:53 AM
The defense was the single biggest factor. A 2500yd, 18TD, 13INT QB is NEVER the biggest factor in anything. In that 2001 playoff season Brady had one game where he threw for 115yds with no TD's, one game where he threw for 300yds but ZERO TD's and 1 INT. In the Super Bowl he had a whopping 145yds passing with 1 TD. So to recap he averaged, in that postseason, 186yds passing, 0.33 TD's and 0.33 INT's per game. Yeah, GREAT play. The Pats won all three games by an average of 4 points. LMAO! He averaged 185yds a game that season with 1.2 TD's and .85 INT. He had 4 multiple INT games and 4 multiple TD games.

The defense is the reason why they won the Super Bowl. Proof? Since their last Super Bowl win their defense has been ranked, on average, 10th in the league. During the 3 years they won the Super Bowl, 2nd. However, their offense has been higher ranked in their non-super bowl years and Brady has posted better numbers. (Because of Moss, and when Brady's numbers drop because Moss is gone I'll be proven correct, again!)

Regular season? You and you're cherry picking! LMAO! 5th, 1st and 2nd. Period.

They would NOT have been a playoff team w/o Brady, they started 0-2 including a loss to the awful Bengals in week 1 then they lost to us in week 2.

It's not about stats, that only tells part of the story. henne has thrown for 300+ yds but he couldn't make a play when it mattreed on the final drive 2 weeks ago and couldn't do much against NE. Brady was THE reason they turned into a dynasty, they were headed down the same path of a terrible season before he rescued them.

Reg season rankings mean nothing, it's how they play in January and they rarely played likea top D in January during the dynasty years. Brady had a medicore D and awful offensive weapons w/in a few pts of the SB in 2006. Reg season the D was top 5 but in postseasont that D was nothing more than mediocre.

Of course his #s went up when he got Moss, it was the first time he ever had comparable weapons to Manning and he broke his records. he also never won a SB w/ Moss(thanks to the D) and won w/ mediocre WRs something Manning has never had to deal with.

miamiron
10-07-2010, 12:06 PM
That and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee.

That Pats are done. They've been done for years. The media and gullible people suckered in by the media keep the Pats elite.

This posts has to be one of the worst I have ever read on the forums
Do you even think before you post????

New England has been done for years using "insane logic"
LETS TAKE A LOOK AT THIS TEAMS RECORD SINCE "THEY HAVE BEEN DONE FOR YEARS"...(YOUR WORDS)

WON -LOSS
2010...3-1
2009...10-6
2008...11-5
2007...16-0
2006...12-4
2005...10-6
2004...14-2
2003...14-2

90 wins and 26 losses

WHAT WE HAVE HERE IS A TEAM WHO HAS A RECORD SINCE 2003 OF 90 WINS AND 26 LOSSES

Even in bizzaro world this is an amazing accomplishment...

I just wish the DOLPHINS COULD BE JUST AS WASHED UP AS THE PATS HAVE BEEN OVER THE PAST 8 YEARS

The Dolphins have 40 less wins over the same time frame...50 wins and 66 losses

MarinePhinFan
10-07-2010, 12:17 PM
They would NOT have been a playoff team w/o Brady, they started 0-2 including a loss to the awful Bengals in week 1 then they lost to us in week 2.

It's not about stats, that only tells part of the story. henne has thrown for 300+ yds but he couldn't make a play when it mattreed on the final drive 2 weeks ago and couldn't do much against NE. Brady was THE reason they turned into a dynasty, they were headed down the same path of a terrible season before he rescued them.

Reg season rankings mean nothing, it's how they play in January and they rarely played likea top D in January during the dynasty years. Brady had a medicore D and awful offensive weapons w/in a few pts of the SB in 2006. Reg season the D was top 5 but in postseasont that D was nothing more than mediocre.

Of course his #s went up when he got Moss, it was the first time he ever had comparable weapons to Manning and he broke his records. he also never won a SB w/ Moss(thanks to the D) and won w/ mediocre WRs something Manning has never had to deal with.

Man junk, you're so wrong about so much I don't know where to start!

No playoffs without Brady? LMAO! So they needed on average, 1 TD and 1 INT with 185 yds passing each game to make the playoffs? No. What they needed was a very weak schedule and a defense ranked 5th in the NFL. What they needed was 1800 total yards of rushing. What they needed was one of the greatest kickers in the NFL. Spygate helped too.

Regular season matters just as much as post season. I hate when people say it doesn't. I guess if the Pats won 2 games the entire regular season their post season would have somehow been just as good? LMAO! See how dumb that sounds? That's what you're implying.

Comparable records to Manning? Manning had MAYBE a Hall of Fame WR in Harrison. And if he gets in, it won't be first ballot. Brady has had some of the best defenses the NFL has ever seen and possibly the greatest WR that's ever played. If not THEE best top 2 or 3 at the least!

MarinePhinFan
10-07-2010, 12:24 PM
This posts has to be one of the worst I have ever read on the forums
Do you even think before you post????

New England has been done for years using "insane logic"
LETS TAKE A LOOK AT THIS TEAMS RECORD SINCE "THEY HAVE BEEN DONE FOR YEARS"...(YOUR WORDS)

WON -LOSS
2010...3-1
2009...10-6
2008...11-5
2007...16-0
2006...12-4
2005...10-6
2004...14-2
2003...14-2

90 wins and 26 losses

WHAT WE HAVE HERE IS A TEAM WHO HAS A RECORD SINCE 2003 OF 90 WINS AND 26 LOSSES

Even in bizzaro world this is an amazing accomplishment...

I just wish the DOLPHINS COULD BE JUST AS WASHED UP AS THE PATS HAVE BEEN OVER THE PAST 8 YEARS

The Dolphins have 40 less wins over the same time frame...50 wins and 66 losses

So you'll settle for a good win-loss record? Cool. I won't, however. The Pats are done. Yes they play sound football. Yes they win games. However, what has that gotten them in the last 6 seasons? Squat. Nada. Well, that and to forever be known as having one of the greatest choke jobs ever in all of Pro Sports. LOL!

The Dolphins are in a better position right now, IMO. And now that Moss is gone to go along with their defense sucking, well, those "wins" you covet will stop too.

nyjunc
10-07-2010, 12:38 PM
Man junk, you're so wrong about so much I don't know where to start!

No playoffs without Brady? LMAO! So they needed on average, 1 TD and 1 INT with 185 yds passing each game to make the playoffs? No. What they needed was a very weak schedule and a defense ranked 5th in the NFL. What they needed was 1800 total yards of rushing. What they needed was one of the greatest kickers in the NFL. Spygate helped too.

Regular season matters just as much as post season. I hate when people say it doesn't. I guess if the Pats won 2 games the entire regular season their post season would have somehow been just as good? LMAO! See how dumb that sounds? That's what you're implying.

Comparable records to Manning? Manning had MAYBE a Hall of Fame WR in Harrison. And if he gets in, it won't be first ballot. Brady has had some of the best defenses the NFL has ever seen and possibly the greatest WR that's ever played. If not THEE best top 2 or 3 at the least!

This franchise was going backwards, they were getting worse every year, they were 5-11 the year before and started 0-2 w/o Brady in 2001. You can throw out #s all you want but he changed that team the moment he stepped on the field.

A very weak sched? That's the excuse now? They had an easy in 2000 and went 5-11, they played 5 games against playoff teams in 2001 so it wasn't like the 2008 AFC East scheds.

It doesn't matter as much, what good is a great ranking in the reg season if you cannot back that up in postseason? Why does a reg season ranking matter btw 2 playoff teams? Indy's rankings were low but they played better in postseason, NE's were high but they played worse in postseason. NE never had a dominant D despite some of the lofty rankings.

Brady has never had a dominant D so how has he had some of the best D's ever? Harrison is a HOFer, Wayne is better than any WR Brady has had besides the 2 seasons w/ Moss. Manning has consistently had elite weapons around him on O, Brady only had that for a year or 2.

So you'll settle for a good win-loss record? Cool. I won't, however. The Pats are done. Yes they play sound football. Yes they win games. However, what has that gotten them in the last 6 seasons? Squat. Nada. Well, that and to forever be known as having one of the greatest choke jobs ever in all of Pro Sports. LOL!

The Dolphins are in a better position right now, IMO. And now that Moss is gone to go along with their defense sucking, well, those "wins" you covet will stop too.

How come the reg season matters for rankings but not for records?

capetide
10-07-2010, 09:14 PM
[QUOTE=MarinePhinFan;1063610068]So you'll settle for a good win-loss record? Cool. I won't, however. The Pats are done. Yes they play sound football. Yes they win games. However, what has that gotten them in the last 6 seasons? Squat. Nada. Well, that and to forever be known as having one of the greatest choke jobs ever in all of Pro Sports. LOL!

The Dolphins are in a better position right now, IMO. And now that Moss is gone to go along with their defense sucking, well, those "wins" you covet will stop too.[/QUOTE\

Settle for won-loss record? Isnt the object to win? You sound like an idiot. If they are washed up has-beens, what are the Fins? Never-weres? You just come across as a bitter loser. The Fins got hammered by those has-beens. Explain that.