PDA

View Full Version : revis talking trash about the slouch

sinPHIN
10-06-2010, 04:32 PM
just saw on espn that darrel "i just got burnt by the slouch, so i pulled my hamstring" revis is talking trash about moss. revis you had a great year last year, but havent done anything but get burnt by moss this year. talk after the game. gotta a feeling the slouch will get you again buuuudddy
our boy davis hasnt done nothing but shut everyone down this year and i havent heard a peep.

Dolph N.Fan
10-06-2010, 04:33 PM
What does this have to do with Miami?

JiF
10-06-2010, 04:34 PM
I'm confused because it doesnt make sense. He got beat, so he purposely pulled his hamstring?

I cant tell if this is trash talking or if he is just calling himself a *****.

MarinePhinFan
I hope Moss and Favre burn'em for 4 TD's!!

Phinatic8u
Revis is good, but seriously Moss is the best WR of this generation. Have more than 1 good year buddy. **** Davis is slowly catching up to him, he better watch his back.

mongos
10-06-2010, 04:36 PM
Vonte can't shine Revis' shoes. Talk about Revis in December.

JiF
10-06-2010, 04:38 PM
Revis is good, but seriously Moss is the best WR of this generation. Have more than 1 good year buddy. **** Davis is slowly catching up to him, he better watch his back.

Ha! Thats ridiculous. Revis has been outstanding for 2 straight years and was damn good his Rookie year too. Dont hate, dont hate.

sinPHIN
10-06-2010, 04:40 PM
Vonte can't shine Revis' shoes. Talk about Revis in December.

are you serious? obviously you havent been watching this year. davis has shut down everyone, and he always flys out of no where for tackles

Ilovemyfins4eva
10-06-2010, 04:44 PM
its funny how people think revis is a god that knowone can be compared to. you would think the way hes talked about he is a shoe in first ballot hall of famer.

look revis is very good, but to make it seem like u cant compare anyone to him is nonsense. as for calling moss a slouch, thats just retarted on revis's part because that ''slouch'' is arguably one of the top 5 wr to play the game, and that ''slouch'' made you look like a fool a few weeks ago when he burned u.

sinPHIN
10-06-2010, 04:47 PM
its funny how people think revis is a god that knowone can be compared to. you would think the way hes talked about he is a shoe in first ballot hall of famer.

look revis is very good, but to make it seem like u cant compare anyone to him is nonsense. as for calling moss a slouch, thats just retarted on revis's part because that ''slouch'' is arguably one of the top 5 wr to play the game, and that ''slouch'' made you look like a fool a few weeks ago when he burned u.

:hclap::hclap::hclap:

JiF
10-06-2010, 04:48 PM

Revis got burned once by Moss, similar to what happened against Ginn, even the best get burned once in a blue mooon. Moss on the day was 2 catches, 38 yrds, 1 TD. I'm pretty sure most CB's would take that against a top 5 WR of all time.

Historically, Revis owns Moss.

Davis has a lot of work to be compared to Revis.

Ilovemyfins4eva
10-06-2010, 04:51 PM
Revis got burned once by Moss, similar to what happened against Ginn, even the best get burned once in a blue mooon. Moss on the day was 2 catches, 38 yrds, 1 TD. I'm pretty sure most CB's would take that against a top 5 WR of all time.

Davis has a lot of work to be compared to Revis.moss is having a down year in general so revis is one of the only guys hes beaten so far big, and also those stats r meaningless towards revis because revis missed the whole 2nd half, cromartie covered him.

sinPHIN
10-06-2010, 04:51 PM

Davis has a lot of work to be compared to Revis.
then he blamed it on his hamstring. dont know about you but once you pull it like he said you do you dont keep running like he was. he didnt act like he was hurt til he saw moss catch it. and why talk smack to a guy the just embarassed you. back it up on the field not with your mouth

JiF
10-06-2010, 04:56 PM
Again, he owns Moss. This is no secret. Revis blamed on a hamstring, I think it was a punk move, but Revis is a punk. One catch, for one TD, is nothing to blow a guy over. It happens. Hell, Ted Ginn Jr did it to him during arguably the best season for a CB in the history of the game...and that TD had a much bigger impact on the game than that beautiful one handed grab by Moss.

He can talk trash because he owns Moss. He got beat on one play when he pulled up lame...should he run and hide now? He's been calling Moss a slouch for a while.

Ilovemyfins4eva
10-06-2010, 04:59 PM
Again, he owns Moss. This is no secret. Revis blamed on a hamstring, I think it was a punk move, but Revis is a punk. One catch, for one TD, is nothing to blow a guy over. It happens. Hell, Ted Ginn Jr did it to him during arguably the best season for a CB in the history of the game...and that TD had a much bigger impact on the game than that beautiful one handed grab by Moss.

He can talk trash because he owns Moss. He got beat on one play when he pulled up lame...should he run and hide now? He's been calling Moss a slouch for a while.
moss is a first ballot hall of famer, revis is not. dont talk until you prove yourself for years, not a few good seasons.

sinPHIN
10-06-2010, 05:02 PM
darrel "i just got burnt by the slouch, so i pulled my hamstring"/ "IM A PUNK *****" revis

MarinePhinFan
10-06-2010, 05:02 PM
IMO, Revis is overrated. I will not annoint anyone 'great' after two good seasons. Greatness requires ability, heart, brains and longevity..among other things. Revis seems to have one of the first three things on that list and the jury is still out for the last thing.

JiF
10-06-2010, 05:03 PM
moss is a first ballot hall of famer, revis is not. dont talk until you prove yourself for years, not a few good seasons.

At the rate Revis is going, he'll be there in Canton too my friend. The guy is really really good at what he does, best in the league. Its o.k. to admit it.

We can revisit this conversation at the end of the year. Kid is the definition of a shut down corner and everyone associated with the league knows it. Unfortunately, Revis Island does too, so he's going to let people know about it. Especially considering Randy started this all by saying Revis had help all day last season in the loss when the tape clearly shows, Revis shut him down...one on one.

nyjunc
10-06-2010, 05:05 PM
then he blamed it on his hamstring. dont know about you but once you pull it like he said you do you dont keep running like he was. he didnt act like he was hurt til he saw moss catch it. and why talk smack to a guy the just embarassed you. back it up on the field not with your mouth

So you think he sat out the 2nd half of that game and the next 2 full games b/c he was beat by Moss?

MarinePhinFan
10-06-2010, 05:06 PM
Revis has no heart and faked his injury:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEA9qxSfcjk

rev kev
10-06-2010, 05:07 PM

Apparantly the guy with the biggest pay check and biggest cheer leader (cough) coach and with ESPN in his back corner to boot can call out a sure fire first ballot HOF player

Vaark
10-06-2010, 05:15 PM
This has come up before.... there's no way Vontae today is comparable to Revis; anyone who thinks so is mistaken. However, based on the 1st 20 games of their respective careers, I dunno if Vontae is actually further along, but ain't no way he's lagging behind in developing into what Revis - or Aso are now, or better.

Travis34
10-06-2010, 05:16 PM

When you give up a touchdown, thats the exact opposite of the point... so I wouldn't say Revis owns Moss.

MarinePhinFan
10-06-2010, 05:22 PM
So you think he sat out the 2nd half of that game and the next 2 full games b/c he was beat by Moss?

No, I think his hammy was bothering him before and he doesn't want to play through the discomfort. I also think he hurt his hammy no more on that Moss TD play. He was beaten, that hurt his pride and he faked injury.

sinPHIN
10-06-2010, 05:24 PM
No, I think his hammy was bothering him before and he doesn't want to play through the discomfort. I also think he hurt his hammy no more on that Moss TD play. He was beaten, that hurt his pride and he faked injury.
sounds about right

nyjunc
10-06-2010, 05:28 PM

Maybe but I think the fact that he didn't come back out to play and missed the following 2 weeks tells me he hurt it again. He nevver did use the hamstring as an excuse, he actually credited Moss and said he really felt it after the catch.

MarinePhinFan
10-06-2010, 05:34 PM
Maybe but I think the fact that he didn't come back out to play and missed the following 2 weeks tells me he hurt it again. He nevver did use the hamstring as an excuse, he actually credited Moss and said he really felt it after the catch.

He talked about his hamstring even before the game. Watch the replay. Revis is no more hurt after that play than he was before. I think he was burned and made an excuse. Maybe he felt like he was at 90% and wanted to play only at 100%? If so, there is that lack of heart I'm talking about. All pro football players play hurt nearly 100% of the time. Something always hurts.

nyjunc
10-06-2010, 05:38 PM
"I was 100% before the ball was snapped," Revis said. "We kind of got the call in late. That's still no excuse. I still got to do my job and watch my man. He got the jump on me, ran straight up the field, a little post pattern. He put his hand up in the air like Randy always do when he's that wide open. Brady saw him and it was a nice throw and catch. When I seen the ball in the air, I tried to speed up and that's when I grabbed my hamstring and pulled up again and I couldn't do nothing on the play. It was a great throw and catch. It was a great one-handed catch by Randy.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/22/revis-ties-hamstring-injury-to-missing-camp/

phinfan2003
10-06-2010, 05:46 PM
Why are we worried about Revis, his hamstrings, his comments about Moss when we just got our a@@ handed to us at home on national TV and have a lot of work to do to turn this thing around? I wish we were in the Jets position right now (which we would've had we beat the Jets 2 weeks ago).

phinfan2003
10-06-2010, 05:49 PM

Are these types of ridiculous claims prevalent on the Jets board (by Jet fans about rival teams)? Please tell me yes!

jfaulknercahill
10-06-2010, 05:53 PM
just saw on espn that darrel "i just got burnt by the slouch, so i pulled my hamstring" revis is talking trash about moss. revis you had a great year last year, but havent done anything but get burnt by moss this year. talk after the game. gotta a feeling the slouch will get you again buuuudddy
our boy davis hasnt done nothing but shut everyone down this year and i havent heard a peep.
**** revis gave up 2 catches and 38 yards n a TD. Damn Revis sucks............................. please

sinPHIN
10-06-2010, 06:01 PM
**** revis gave up 2 catches and 38 yards n a TD. Damn Revis sucks............................. please

i never said he sucked. ihe got burnt and imo faked an injury. but he has no need to talk **** and be a punk. no class. oh and thats one more than vontae has given up... sorry just had to

MarinePhinFan
10-06-2010, 06:12 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/22/revis-ties-hamstring-injury-to-missing-camp/

Whether the matchup even happens Monday night remains to be seen, given Revis' health. He said he felt great - "no pulls or anything today" - after practice, but reiterated that he wants to be 100 percent healthy before playing again.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/10/06/AR2010100605450.html

Revis, who was a surprise addition to the injury report Thursday, was on the practice field with his teammates during the portion of practice open to the media today and was listed as a limited participant in practice.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2010/09/jets_cornerback_darrelle_revis_1.html

That was the Thursday before the game. He left himself an out in case he got burned. I would bet my house that if he hadn't of been burned by Moss, he wouldn't have missed any game time. Like I said, I think he was out of football shape, maybe sore and felt that he needs to be 100% out there. Well, most NFL players play at less than 100%.

Jets7590
10-06-2010, 07:12 PM
He faked an injury everyone. He faked an injury for two and a half weeks. Because that makes a hell of a lot of sense.

72champagne
10-06-2010, 07:24 PM

look revis is very good, but to make it seem like u cant compare anyone to him is nonsense. as for calling moss a slouch, thats just retarted on revis's part because that ''slouch'' is arguably one of the top 5 wr to play the game, and that ''slouch'' made you look like a fool a few weeks ago when he burned u.it's 'shoo-in' just so ya know, mancub. and yeah, moss will burn him again if revis shows up.

jetsman
10-06-2010, 08:46 PM
If you had done some research instead of just flapping your trap you would know Revis pulled the hamstring in practice the week BEFORE we played Moss and he missed several days of practice before the game because of it......

Revis OWNS Moss when he is 100%.

bucket656
10-07-2010, 02:03 AM
0 catches for 0 yards?

truthbtold
10-07-2010, 02:07 AM
If you had done some research instead of just flapping your trap you would know Revis pulled the hamstring in practice the week BEFORE we played Moss and he missed several days of practice before the game because of it......

Please ... don't try to confuse these clowns with the facts.
I hope this guy enjoys watching Revis get burned the rest of the season, then through the palyoffs, and in the Superbowl.

Jetsfan89
10-07-2010, 02:21 AM

Are you saying Revis faked his hamstring injury because he got beat on a TD by Moss? LOL thats ridiculous. So he was trying so hard to fake his injury that he decided to basically sit out the second half of the Pats game and then the Dolphins and Bills games? LOL yeah right.

Bottom line is that Revis was playing hurt and re injured himself.

sinPHIN
10-07-2010, 02:35 AM

i can flap my trap about anythin anti jets. troll

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

Are you saying Revis faked his hamstring injury because he got beat on a TD by Moss? LOL thats ridiculous. So he was trying so hard to fake his injury that he decided to basically sit out the second half of the Pats game and then the Dolphins and Bills games? LOL yeah right.

Bottom line is that Revis was playing hurt and re injured himself.
can i have my fun please? my feelings are still hurt

Jetsfan89
10-07-2010, 02:38 AM
i never said he sucked. ihe got burnt and imo faked an injury. but he has no need to talk **** and be a punk. no class. oh and thats one more than vontae has given up... sorry just had to

The idea that he faked an injury and would skip 2 1/2 games all of which are against division rivals is ridiculous.

The guy tweaked his hammy in practice, decided to play in the Patriot game anyway and re injured it during the game.

finnns2000
10-07-2010, 02:43 AM
What a stupid *** thread this is. Who the **** cares? Some of you are overly obsessed with the Jets.

kain22377
10-07-2010, 02:52 AM

Lolololol, owned! Your overrated corner got owned and he knows it. So much for the "slouch"! Cant wait for the matchup with Minnesota.

Get your popcorn ready! Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!

nyjunc
10-07-2010, 08:13 AM
Whether the matchup even happens Monday night remains to be seen, given Revis' health. He said he felt great - "no pulls or anything today" - after practice, but reiterated that he wants to be 100 percent healthy before playing again.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/10/06/AR2010100605450.html

Revis, who was a surprise addition to the injury report Thursday, was on the practice field with his teammates during the portion of practice open to the media today and was listed as a limited participant in practice.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2010/09/jets_cornerback_darrelle_revis_1.html

That was the Thursday before the game. He left himself an out in case he got burned. I would bet my house that if he hadn't of been burned by Moss, he wouldn't have missed any game time. Like I said, I think he was out of football shape, maybe sore and felt that he needs to be 100% out there. Well, most NFL players play at less than 100%.

I 100% disagree w/ you, there's no way he's sitting out multiple games b/c he was beat for one TD on an incredible catch where he had pretty good coverage. He shut Moss down the rest of the 1st half and he made the one great play, he dominated him a year ago. There's just no way he's sitting out games b/c he got beat for a TD.

Most players play at less than 100% but a hamstring injury is very different especially for a corner. He doesn't have a broken finger or bruised ribs. if he plays less than 100% chances are the injury will keep getting worse rather than staying the same or getting better.

alexwr4
10-07-2010, 10:08 AM
I 100% disagree w/ you, there's no way he's sitting out multiple games b/c he was beat for one TD on an incredible catch where he had pretty good coverage. He shut Moss down the rest of the 1st half and he made the one great play, he dominated him a year ago. There's just no way he's sitting out games b/c he got beat for a TD.

Most players play at less than 100% but a hamstring injury is very different especially for a corner. He doesn't have a broken finger or bruised ribs. if he plays less than 100% chances are the injury will keep getting worse rather than staying the same or getting better.

I agree with you but to say that a 2 yard separation covering randy moss is good... mmmm i dont think so, we have to remember the separation plus Moss extension. Other than that I agree that he dominated Moss and every other receiver last year but Ted "the only girl playing football" Ginn. Just kidding on last one :)

bucket656
10-07-2010, 02:52 PM
still say 0 catches for 0 yards is better then faking an injury.