PDA

View Full Version : Ichiro

KB21
03-18-2002, 06:28 PM
Why do you have a pic of that overrated Ichiro?

dolphan39
03-18-2002, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by KB21
Why do you have a pic of that overrated Ichiro? :lol:

how'd Seattle do in the playoff against GOOD teams ;)

KB21
03-18-2002, 06:31 PM
Giambi was robbed of the MVP!

iceblizzard69
03-18-2002, 10:36 PM
You Yankees fans are fools. Ichiro is the best fielder in the MLB (for an OF), hits .350 and steals tons of bases. If you want to talk about overrated players, talk about Derek Jeter. He hits .310 with no power (if you are gonna hit .310 and be spoken of as great, you gotta have some power), doesn't steal many bases, isn't the best fielder, and had two hits in the World Series. He isn't even that good in the playoffs. What an overrated bastard.

dolphan39
03-18-2002, 10:43 PM
he was 9th in batting had 21 HRs 74 RBIs 110 runs scored and .480 slugging PCT.

oh yeah he cannot steal bases - he stoles 27 but was caught only 3 times :eek:

:rolleyes:

dolfan87
03-19-2002, 10:42 AM
oh yea, well the Diamondbacks won it all...so you all can argue about individule stats all you want. My 'Backs won it as a team...even with Kim throwing away two games. :D

iceblizzard69
03-19-2002, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by dolphan39
he was 9th in batting had 21 HRs 74 RBIs 110 runs scored and .480 slugging PCT.

oh yeah he cannot steal bases - he stoles 27 but was caught only 3 times :eek:

:rolleyes:

WOW! He had 74 RBI!!! What a great power hitter. Ichiro had 69 RBI (or something around that) and hit lead-off the whole damn year.

SS better than Jeter:
A-Rod
Aurilia (.326 with a lot more power)
Garciaparra

and the close SS to Jeter:
Jimmy Rollins (if he got his average up they would be identical except Rollins is better at steals)
Miguel Tejada (better power but not as good at the average part)
Cristian Guzman (better speed and identical power, his average is close)

There are more close SS to Jeter, if you look at Jeter's numbers he really isn't that great and he doesn't deliever in the playoffs like everyone says he does. If Steinbrenner could get A-Rod, he would dump Jeter in a second.

dolphan39
03-19-2002, 12:56 PM
not gonna argue Derek vs A Rod, but you gotta look at consistency. Jeter is the most consistent hitter the Yanks have had since DiMaggio.

Garciaparra - always hurt

the other guys have not done it long enough to compare them.

Jeter led a bit also last year so his RBI #'s were OK

iceblizzard69
03-19-2002, 02:19 PM
Garciaparra had one injury season, and A-Rod has had a lot of good seasons now. However, Jeter and A-Rod have one thing in common, they are both losers.

dolphan39
03-19-2002, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Garciaparra had one injury season, and A-Rod has had a lot of good seasons now. However, Jeter and A-Rod have one thing in common, they are both losers. maybe we should go back to ME politics :rolleyes:

iceblizzard69
03-19-2002, 04:40 PM
maybe we should go back to ME politics :rolleyes:

What does that mean?

dolphan39
03-19-2002, 05:33 PM

What does that mean? ME = middle eastern ;)

iceblizzard69
03-19-2002, 06:57 PM
Oh, I thought you would want to avoid that subject now that it has been televised that Israel kills more people and kills a lot more innocent people, and that a Palestinian state should exist.

iceblizzard69
03-19-2002, 09:52 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/baseball/articles/20020319/391108.html

Ichiro rules the world!

baccarat
03-19-2002, 11:07 PM
Garciaparra had one injury season, and A-Rod has had a lot of good seasons now. However, Jeter and A-Rod have one thing in common, they are both losers.

Rodriguez does everything you could ask a SS. He hits for average, can steal bases, is a great fielder, and can hit with power especially for a SS. How is Rodriguez a loser?

baccarat
03-20-2002, 01:52 AM
I think Ichiro Suzuki is overrated because he is recieving a lot of attention and praise for someone who has had one good year in the big leagues.

baccarat
03-20-2002, 02:26 AM
Isn't it strange how this thread went from Ichiro Suzuki to anti semitism?

iceblizzard69
03-20-2002, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by booyeah_

Rodriguez does everything you could ask a SS. He hits for average, can steal bases, is a great fielder, and can hit with power especially for a SS. How is Rodriguez a loser?

A-Rod is a loser for ditching the Mariners, Jeter is a loser for being on the Yankees. A-Rod is a lot better than Jeter though.

iceblizzard69
03-20-2002, 09:51 AM
Isn't it strange how this thread went from Ichiro Suzuki to anti semitism?

It isn't anti-semitism. The Israeli army kills tons of innocent Palestinians. It has been on the news a lot lately. If you think the nation of Israel kills a lot of innocent people it doesn't mean that you hate Jews. Maybe things over there would be better if Ariel Sharon wasn't their prime minister. He is a moron.

iceblizzard69
03-20-2002, 09:52 AM
I think Ichiro Suzuki is overrated because he is recieving a lot of attention and praise for someone who has had one good year in the big leagues.

What about the MVP and the 7 or 8 batting titles in the competitive Pacific Coast league in Japan.

dolphan39
03-20-2002, 09:53 AM
Oh, I thought you would want to avoid that subject now that it has been televised that Israel kills more people and kills a lot more innocent people, and that a Palestinian state should exist. why would I want to avoid that subject when Israel is doing the same thing in its own country as the US is doing in Afghanistan.

why would I want to avoid that subject - Oh Yeah, because who wants to discuss this with someone as ignorant and misinformed as you.:fire:

iceblizzard69
03-20-2002, 10:00 AM
why would I want to avoid that subject when Israel is doing the same thing in its own country as the US is doing in Afghanistan.

why would I want to avoid that subject - Oh Yeah, because who wants to discuss this with someone as ignorant and misinformed as you.:fire:

The United States isn't killing innocent people. If I wasn't too lazy I could find you about 100 articles from the past week saying the Israel should
a) end the occupation
b) stop killing people for no reason
c) get rid of Ariel Sharon
d) US now supports Palestinian state
e) many countries getting pissed off at Israel (Sweden for example) for killing innocent Palestinians

And check this one out:
Israel has killed over 1,000 innocent Palestinians since the second intifada broke out in September of 2000.
Palestinians have killed 350 innocent Israelis

Based on that, who kills more innocent people?

I am not gonna argue this anymore because you don't understand the Palestinian viewpoint that Israel kills many innocent people (now finally known in the United States), that the US made Israel start pulling soldiers out of the West Bank and if Israel didn't, the United States might have cut all ties with the country. Hopefully there will be peace over there, but it probably won't happen until Ariel Sharon is no longer their Prime Minister. He probably won't win another election since almost all Israelis hate him because he made the situation worse by starting the intifada and making it worse by killing innocent Palestinians, which angered them deeply. He is now also considering not letting Arafat back in the country, which is really pissing off a lot of people including the United States. Sharon has even said that Israel should have already killed Arafat when they sieged Beirut.

dolphan39
03-20-2002, 10:50 AM
Deadly Bus Bombing in Israel Poses Threat to Truce (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20020320/ts_nm/mideast_dc_987&cid=578)

ooops - I forgot that Israelis do not intentionally blow themselves up to kill Palenstenians or crash airplanes into US skyscrapers

dolfan06
03-20-2002, 11:08 AM
this isn't turning into another mideast seize fire is it, "wait a couple of days until the other guy is not looking or not ready, then POW!". the scottish and irish were persecuted by the english for 100's of years and i don't feel like getting in a fight with an englishman just because of that, let it rest!

iceblizzard69
03-20-2002, 11:30 AM
Deadly Bus Bombing in Israel Poses Threat to Truce (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20020320/ts_nm/mideast_dc_987&cid=578)

ooops - I forgot that Israelis do not intentionally blow themselves up to kill Palenstenians or crash airplanes into US skyscrapers

One case, do you want me to go into the whole occupation. Look at the numbers, you have no case and barely any evidence saying that Israelis don't kill innocent Palestinians. You can talk all that you want to, but Israel is just as bad as Palestine and lately they have been a lot worse. Don't worry though, I think a term for Prime Minister in Israel is only 2-3 years, meaning Sharon will be gone soon and peace could be closer. It is all Sharon. He makes the army go and kill innocent Palestinians. He won't end the occupation. The Palestinian viewpoint is that they are defending themselves against Israel. How would you feel if the United States was full of army trucks from another country just sitting there with soldiers standing everywhere with automatic guns waiting to shoot at any time, because that is what it is like in Palestine.

dolfan06
03-20-2002, 11:34 AM
i think we have the "chicken or the egg" theory here, who did what to who first. WHO CARES! to quote a well known phrase, "CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!":drinkers:

baccarat
03-20-2002, 11:43 AM

What about the MVP and the 7 or 8 batting titles in the competitive Pacific Coast league in Japan.

Batting titles in a Japanese league do not prove anything in Major League Baseball. They are irrelevant.

baccarat
03-20-2002, 11:54 AM
The Palestinian viewpoint is that they are defending themselves against Israel.

Defending? Israel is not the country that supports Homas(not sure about the spelling) who has suicide bombers go in other countries. What do you want Israel to do, not try to stop these suicide bombers?

How would you feel if the United States was full of army trucks from another country just sitting there with soldiers standing everywhere with automatic guns waiting to shoot at any time, because that is what it is like in Palestine.

Well the U.S. doesn't support terrorist groups working in the U.S. that attack other countries.

iceblizzard69
03-20-2002, 02:02 PM

Defending? Israel is not the country that supports Homas(not sure about the spelling) who has suicide bombers go in other countries. What do you want Israel to do, not try to stop these suicide bombers?

Well the U.S. doesn't support terrorist groups working in the U.S. that attack other countries.

See, if you knew what you were talking about, you would know that Yassir Arafat and the Palestinian government HATE Hamas. There are two countries that support Hamas: Iran and Syria. I hate it how people like you talk about things and say things you know nothing about. Hamas does a lot of bad stuff like terrorism which I do not support. The Israeli government (idiot Ariel Sharon) also commits terrorism against Palestine. Even Israelis will admit that Sharon goes to far. I am not gonna talk about this subject with you guys who don't know what you are talking about.

iceblizzard69
03-20-2002, 02:02 PM

Batting titles in a Japanese league do not prove anything in Major League Baseball. They are irrelevant.

It is still an accomplishment.

baccarat
03-20-2002, 03:07 PM

See, if you knew what you were talking about, you would know that Yassir Arafat and the Palestinian government HATE Hamas. There are two countries that support Hamas: Iran and Syria. I hate it how people like you talk about things and say things you know nothing about. Hamas does a lot of bad stuff like terrorism which I do not support. The Israeli government (idiot Ariel Sharon) also commits terrorism against Palestine. Even Israelis will admit that Sharon goes to far. I am not gonna talk about this subject with you guys who don't know what you are talking about.

They may claim to condemn it, but what actions have they actually done to stop the terrorist groups working inside their country? What about the schools in Palestine that preaches anti semitism and won't even show Israel on maps? Please enlighten me on what Yasser Arafat done to stop Hamas.

iceblizzard69
03-20-2002, 03:39 PM

They may claim to condemn it, but what actions have they actually done to stop the terrorist groups working inside their country? What about the schools in Palestine that preaches anti semitism and won't even show Israel on maps? Please enlighten me on what Yasser Arafat done to stop Hamas.

Arafat has tried to put members of Hamas in jails, but it has not worked because of a backlash of Hamas members. People say things about Palestine preaching Anti-Semitism in schools, but it is not true at all. They won't show Israel on maps because they refuse to look at them as a country because of the pain and oppresion that Israel has put Palestinians through. I am ending this discussion because all of you have no idea what you are talking about and keep on coming up with bull**** that isn't true. Anyone who knows anything on this subject would know that Hamas and Arafat hate each other.

baccarat
03-20-2002, 03:43 PM

A-Rod is a loser for ditching the Mariners, Jeter is a loser for being on the Yankees. A-Rod is a lot better than Jeter though.

Then by your logic Suzuki is a loser because he ditched the Japanese leagues.

dolfan06
03-20-2002, 04:06 PM
They won't show Israel on maps because they refuse to look at them as a country because of the pain and oppresion that Israel has put Palestinians through.are you familiar with what the russians and germans did to those people. for crying out loud, they only want a little piece of desert they can call their country. how many arab countries are there and how many countries for the jews. talk about oppression, sheesh! even a rat will fight back when you push it in to a corner!:p

iceblizzard69
03-20-2002, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by dolfan06
are you familiar with what the russians and germans did to those people. for crying out loud, they only want a little piece of desert they can call their country. how many arab countries are there and how many countries for the jews. talk about oppression, sheesh! even a rat will fight back when you push it in to a corner!:p

That has absolutely nothing to do with this. Have you seen what Israel has done to Palestinians? Maybe if you did you would have sympathy for Palestinian people.

iceblizzard69
03-20-2002, 04:49 PM

Then by your logic Suzuki is a loser because he ditched the Japanese leagues.

He left a league, it is different. I hate A-Rod because he left my team for money, and he went to a division rival. When a player leaves your favorite team, you naturally don't like that player any more if it was his choice to leave. You are probably a Yankees fan so you don't know the feeling of having a star player leave your team. I had to go through my favorite baseball player demanding a trade and since he had a no trade clause we had to deal him for a decent CF and that is basically it. I am now happy the deal happened because Cameron has been more productive than Griffey in the past 2 seasons. The fans of the Orix Blue Wave respected Ichiro's decision and they now support him in his new location. He brought them their first championship and he was the Michael Jordan of Japan.

By the way: I know hate Griffey and I love to see him lose just like I love to see A-Rod lose. I also hate every Yankee and seeing them lose is the great.

dolfan06
03-20-2002, 05:16 PM

That has absolutely nothing to do with this. Have you seen what Israel has done to Palestinians? Maybe if you did you would have sympathy for Palestinian people. if somebody were going to through me into an oven, i'd strikeback at anybody and everything, i don't care what kind of camel jockey they are!:(

iceblizzard69
03-20-2002, 06:02 PM
if somebody were going to through me into an oven, i'd strikeback at anybody and everything, i don't care what kind of camel jockey they are!:(

As I said before, this has nothing to do with religion or for that fact the holocaust. If Israel was Islamic and Palestine was Jewish and everything else was the same (Arafat and Hamas being Palestine, Sharon being Israel, etc.) I would think of this in the exact same manner. You guys are turning this into a religious thing, and it isn't. It is about policy and Israel killing innocent Palestinians.

dolphan39
03-20-2002, 06:14 PM
It is about policy and Israel killing innocent Palestinians. It is about terrorism and one nation pre-emptively trying to stop factions from another nation fom committing terrorists acts against their citizens. Sound familiar :rolleyes:

'06 if you get bored, you might want to split the baseball portion of this thread from the political portion of this thread. Ironically, my comment on the middle east was meant to be a joke :rolleyes: but I guess some people have no sense of humor :evil:

iceblizzard69
03-20-2002, 06:22 PM
It is about terrorism and one nation pre-emptively trying to stop factions from another nation fom committing terrorists acts against their citizens. Sound familiar :rolleyes:

'06 if you get bored, you might want to split the baseball portion of this thread from the political portion of this thread. Ironically, my comment on the middle east was meant to be a joke :rolleyes: but I guess some people have no sense of humor :evil:

I am not gonna talk about this anymore because you keep on saying the dumbest things nonstop. It is ok, you simply have no idea what you are saying and you support Israel because the United States has always been supporting them, but now this country is realizing that they go to far, and kill too many. I am not talking about this any more. Hopefully you can at least admit that Ariel Sharon is an idiot and he orders the army to occupy land and kill innocent people.

Final thing I will mention about this war to you people who know nothing about it:

Israel has killed over 1,000 innocent Palestinians since the start of the second intifada (I doubt you know what that is) which started in September, 2000

Palestinians have killed 350 innocent Israelis in this time

See who kills more. The United States recognizes it. The European Union countries recognize it. It is sad that you people don't recognize it. Even Israeli people know Sharon was a mistake and they recognize that the Israeli army goes to far.

dolphan39
03-20-2002, 06:34 PM
because I believe that you too "keep on saying the dumbest things nonstop"

iceblizzard69
03-20-2002, 07:55 PM
Well, I at least know what I am talking about. You can't say the same for yourself.

dolphan39
03-20-2002, 10:08 PM
because despite thinking you know what you are talking about, you have completely missed the big picture. :sleep:

iceblizzard69
03-20-2002, 11:03 PM
because despite thinking you know what you are talking about, you have completely missed the big picture. :sleep:

Are you talking about yourself again. :lol: I guess me and you view this subject differently.

dolfan06
03-21-2002, 04:27 AM

Are you talking about yourself again. :lol: I guess me and you view this subject differently. NO SH!T!:goof:

iceblizzard69
03-21-2002, 10:28 AM
I still think he was talking about himself.

dolphan39
03-21-2002, 10:59 AM
I still think he was talking about himself. I was talking about you not understanding what is necessary to stop terrorism. :fire:

iceblizzard69
03-21-2002, 11:08 AM
Well, killing innocent people isn't a good way to stop terrorism. It just pisses off the terrorists more.

dolphan39
03-21-2002, 11:22 AM
Well, killing innocent people isn't a good way to stop terrorism. It just pisses off the terrorists more. did you say that when the US was dropping 100s of bombs over Afghanistan ?

iceblizzard69
03-21-2002, 11:25 AM
They didn't kill innocent people though. They killed Al-Qaeda and Taliban soldiers. Israel kills innocent Palestinian people, unless you believe that anyone that is Palsestinian is a terrorist, which they aren't.

dolphan39
03-21-2002, 11:37 AM
They didn't kill innocent people though. They killed Al-Qaeda and Taliban soldiers. Israel kills innocent Palestinian people, unless you believe that anyone that is Palsestinian is a terrorist, which they aren't. When you drop bombs on cities fron B-52s, you are going to kill a few civilians and we did :rolleyes:

dolfan06
03-21-2002, 11:51 AM
my next door neighbor had a brother that was in the WTC when it was hit and when his wife visited here 3 weeks ago, if you could have seen her and her 4 kids, then you would come to the same conclusion i have, innocent doesn't apply to anyone wearing a towel on their head. i won't use the K word here, but the world would be better off without them. this garbage has gone on long enough and they can't even keep their crap from overflowing into countries that don't even know what a muslim is, much less for being one!:yell:

iceblizzard69
03-21-2002, 11:58 AM
Ok a few things:
39: Yeah, we killed a few innocent people, but we didn't kill them intentionally like Israeli soldiers do.
06: What would the world be better without? And anyway, I live on the same borough that the WTC was in (not really near it though) and I saw the WTC (in a car) after it went down, it was unbelieveable. Anway, tell me what you think the world would eb better without, I am trying to figure it out but I have no idea what you are talking about.

dolphan39
03-21-2002, 12:04 PM
Ok a few things:

69: innocent people does not apply to people who launch mortars, throw rocks or open fire on troops searching for terrorist. Again, should a US soldier try to shoot an Afghan who is shooting at them or take out an Afghan building if rockets are being launched at them from it. Of course, the terrorists (not all Palenstenians) inside the Palenstenians terroritories launching at Israeli civilians for the most part. :yell:

06: the K word :confused: - you're getting way too general. There are lots of good Muslims, unfortunately, there are too many that will never accept peace until Israel is destroyed and maybe even the US as well. :cry:

dolfan06
03-21-2002, 12:10 PM
06: the K word - you're getting way to general. There are lots of good Muslims, unfortunately, there are too many that will never accept peace until Israel is destroyed and maybe even the US as well.

i know there are lots of good ones, but there are a larger percent of bad ones, than any other religion around. sorry i only have one life and i'm not gonna turn my back on any of em to find out which is the good one. if there was a way to tell, those rag heads would have been stopped at the airport gates!:yell:

iceblizzard69
03-21-2002, 12:12 PM

69: innocent people does not apply to people who launch mortars, throw rocks or open fire on troops searching for terrorist. Again, should a US soldier try to shoot an Afghan who is shooting at them or take out an Afghan building if rockets are being launched at them from it. Of course, the terrorists (not all Palenstenians) inside the Palenstenians terroritories launching at Israeli civilians for the most part. :yell:

06: the K word :confused: - you're getting way too general. There are lots of good Muslims, unfortunately, there are too many that will never accept peace until Israel is destroyed and maybe even the US as well. :cry:

If a Palestinian throws a rock at an Israeli soldier in defense after the Israeli soldier starts shooting at people, that is self defense. If you were getting shot at, would you sit around or try to do something. If 06 is talking about Muslims or any kind of religion, I am going to get really pissed off. When I do my arguments with 39, I am not pissed or anything, I am just trying to get my point across, but if he is saying to get rid of a religion, that will upset me. I am Roman Catholic but not religious at all, I don't go to church or anything like that. And by the way, those priests who are child molesters, commit assault, etc, should be thrown in jail right now. I can't believe that they can get away with that and still be priests. They are doing wrong to their religion.

dolfan06
03-21-2002, 12:18 PM
i am not saying do away with a religion, i'm saying praise GOD, allah or buddha in any way you want, but don't take out people who you assume think your religion sucks. there might even be a few that think theirs is the only way, but don't hurt somebody simply because they have another idea!

dolphan39
03-21-2002, 12:18 PM
They are doing wrong to their religion. just as terrorists - the vast majority of whom are Muslim Arabs (by most Western people's definition of a terrorist) - are doing a wrong to a peaceful religion.

iceblizzard69
03-21-2002, 12:21 PM

i know there are lots of good ones, but there are a larger percent of bad ones, than any other religion around. sorry i only have one life and i'm not gonna turn my back on any of em to find out which is the good one. if there was a way to tell, those rag heads would have been stopped at the airport gates!:yell:

How the hell do you know that!!!!!! I know a bunch of Muslims, a bunch of Jews, and a bunch of people from all kinds of Christian religions (I see them all) and some of them are bad people, but they there isn't a higher percentage of bad Muslims than in other religions. By reading what you just wrote, I doubt you know any Muslims. They have a religion that is a lot more peaceful than all the other ones (which may surprise some). The bad Muslims like Osama bin Laden aren't real Muslims. Terrorism is against Islam. Muslims are supposed to respect people of other religions (what I am writing right now are things said in the Qu'ran, which I have never read but I know some of the context) according to the Qu'ran. The people in the Middle East were the first to give rights to women and in the Qu'ran it says to respect and treat all women with respect. People like Osama bin Laden and members of the Taliban, according to many Muslims, aren't really Muslims because they defy what the religion is about and they break the rules of Islam. Osama bin Laden misinterprets the Qu'ran and uses it as an excuse to kill innocent people. The Taliban also misinterpret its writings. There are many civilized Muslim countries. My friend lives in the United Arab Emirates (he moved two years ago but is moving back) and it is a very nice country according to him at least that is mostly Muslim and doesn't have the same rules as Afghanistan did under the Taliban. There are also many other Muslim places like this, such as Kuwait, Qatar, and Saudi Arabia to a certain extent (some terrorists are from there, but they are friendly with the United States and it is a peaceful country. Osama bin Laden is actually Saudi but he was kicked out because they don't like terrorism. 06, think before you say certain things. What you said offends me and I am not even Muslim.

iceblizzard69
03-21-2002, 12:22 PM
just as terrorists - the vast majority of whom are Muslim Arabs (by most Western people's definition of a terrorist) - are doing a wrong to a peaceful religion.

That is correct.

dolphan39
03-21-2002, 12:23 PM

That is correct. now that we agree on something, maybe we should get back to Dolphin football ;) :D

dolfan06
03-21-2002, 12:26 PM
i don't have many muslim friends, maybe none at all. first of all, i don't like the way they treat their women and i get the urge to do the laundry everytime i see one!:p

Frank-n-Furter
03-21-2002, 12:27 PM
The third biggest thread in the lounge, and it's about.......baseball?:lol: Too funny, I must be missing something about the sport.........................................nah, it's still too slow for me.:lol:

dolfan06
03-21-2002, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Frank-n-Furter
The third biggest thread in the lounge, and it's about.......baseball?:lol: Too funny, I must be missing something about the sport.........................................nah, it's still too slow for me.:lol: has been discussed for 3 pages now! but your right, it is too slow and not quite as hot as what we're discussing now!:D

dolfan06
03-21-2002, 12:41 PM
the same way these arabs treat their women, she would ask me if i didn't want to see her for a while, then after a few days, the swelling would go down and i couldn't miss her!:D

dolfan06
03-21-2002, 12:45 PM
i don't know or care to learn about the muslim religion. there are a lot of things i find very hard to deal with, and making sure my wifes face and head is covered is one of em. i can't even get past that!:yell:

dolphan39
03-21-2002, 12:55 PM
i don't know or care to learn about the muslim religion. there are a lot of things i find very hard to deal with, and making sure my wifes face and head is covered is one of em. i can't even get past that!:yell: AFAIK, it is only a small porion of the Muslim world that requires women to cover their faces. I do not think some of the larger Muslim countries like Egypt, Indonesia, Pakistan and Bangladesh have any laws on this.

dolfan06
03-21-2002, 12:58 PM
AFAIK, it is only a small porion of the Muslim world that requires women to cover their faces. I do not think some of the larger Muslim countries like Egypt, Indonesia, Pakistan and Bangladesh have any laws on this. since i don't care to learn about the muslim religion, there is know way for me to find this out until somebody tells me, is there! hmmmm!;)

dolfan06
03-21-2002, 01:01 PM
since i don't care to learn about the muslim religion, there is know way for me to find this out until somebody tells me, is there! hmmmm!;) meanwhile, i'm not throwing rocks or blowing up buildings or setting off bombs in a mall because i don't agree with it! :D

iceblizzard69
03-21-2002, 01:39 PM
i don't have many muslim friends, maybe none at all. first of all, i don't like the way they treat their women and i get the urge to do the laundry everytime i see one!:p

39 made a post towards the bottom that is correct. As far as I know, the only place where women were forced to cover their faces was under the Taliban-run areas of Afghanistan, but now that the Taliban doesn't control any land anymore, women can now show their faces in Afghanistan. Some women in other countries choose to not show their faces, but there aren't laws saying that they can't show their face (i.e. Pakistan where some women don't show their face)

dolphan39
03-21-2002, 03:22 PM
Ice when you read this Bomber Kills 2 in Jerusalem, Truce Talks Scrapped (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20020321/ts_nm/mideast_dc_1005&cid=578)

please note how Arafat is linked indriectly to this:

The Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades, a group linked to Palestinian President Yasser Arafat (news - web sites)'s Fatah (news - web sites) movement, claimed responsibility for the attack, Israel's second suicide bombing in two days.

and the things that maybe makes 06's point at least in Gaza is that this guy will have 15 foot posters of him up on the sides of buildings there as if he was a hero :fire:

iceblizzard69
03-21-2002, 03:44 PM
Yeah but he doesn't control them. What makes the situation worse is that because of this, Israel now won't talk to them. This wouldn't happen under past prime ministers who actually wanted peace. Ariel Sharon could give a **** about Palestine and I can guarantee he won't be re-elected. Also, a lot of Palestinians don't like Arafat.

dolfan06
03-21-2002, 04:17 PM
the environment you live in changes a person. and the centuries of persecution the jews have gone through, its probably second nature for them to strike out. number two, you don't ever see a jew going into a mosque or shopping center with a bomb strapped to their bodies. and you can't tell me ole "bodyfat" doesn't have some influence over his people!:rolleyes:

iceblizzard69
03-21-2002, 04:39 PM
the environment you live in changes a person. and the centuries of persecution the jews have gone through, its probably second nature for them to strike out. number two, you don't ever see a jew going into a mosque or shopping center with a bomb strapped to their bodies. and you can't tell me ole "bodyfat" doesn't have some influence over his people!:rolleyes:

Have you ever heard of Baruch Goldstein? He went into a mosque in Hebron, West Bank a few years ago and killed 30 Muslims, and injured many more. The town has 120,000 in it, and 400 are Jewish. The 400 Jews built a memorial because the Muslims in the mosque fought him to death because they were defending themselves. This is the worst case of a Jew (this man was actually American but lived in Isreal) killing Muslims while they are praying. Other cases of this have happened, but none were this serious. The thing that was really disgusting is that the people in this town that were Jewish built a memorial for this man. The Muslims never did anything to this man, he just walked in and shot away. They had to fight him with their bare hands to stop him before they were able to hit him in the head with a fire estinguisher. I think this happened in 1994, but I am not positive on the date. I will try to find a link.

dolphan39
03-21-2002, 04:44 PM
Have you ever heard of Baruch Goldstein? wasn't he insane - though ? meaning he was not trained by political forces to commit the act.

There lots of fanatical Israeli still living on the west bank, but it's unfortunate they they would show the ignorance to honor goldstein.

That case is such the exception though.

iceblizzard69
03-21-2002, 04:49 PM
I don't know if he was insane, but he had no associations with any army from what I know. There have been a few cases of Israeli soldiers going into mosques and killing Muslims, but none of those were actually ordered by the Israel. As far as I know, Israel has never ordered a soldier to go into a mosque and kill, but I do know Israeli soldiers have done it, but they decided to do it on their own.

dolphan39
03-21-2002, 04:55 PM
http://www.senate.gov/~inhofe/fl030402.html

http://www.themedialine.org/news/news_detail.asp?NewsID=191

http://www.walk4israel.com/

iceblizzard69
03-21-2002, 05:04 PM
Here are some sites I found on Baruch (most quite disgusting):

http://www.hebron.com/massacres/hebron/israel-honors-serial-murderer-111597.html

http://www.newkach.org/special/baruch/

dolfan06
03-21-2002, 05:06 PM

Have you ever heard of Baruch Goldstein? He went into a mosque in Hebron, West Bank a few years ago and killed 30 Muslims, and injured many more. The town has 120,000 in it, and 400 are Jewish. The 400 Jews built a memorial because the Muslims in the mosque fought him to death because they were defending themselves. This is the worst case of a Jew (this man was actually American but lived in Isreal) killing Muslims while they are praying. Other cases of this have happened, but none were this serious. The thing that was really disgusting is that the people in this town that were Jewish built a memorial for this man. The Muslims never did anything to this man, he just walked in and shot away. They had to fight him with their bare hands to stop him before they were able to hit him in the head with a fire estinguisher. I think this happened in 1994, but I am not positive on the date. I will try to find a link. have you ever heard of hitler or stalin. they killed millions, stalin more than hitler. for crying out loud, give the israelis some place to live. its not like they're asking for a eutopia!:rolleyes:

iceblizzard69
03-21-2002, 05:09 PM
39: I like the land for peace deal, The West Bank and Gaza Strip (the two lands conquered by Israel in the seven day war) would be better off not being a part of Israel (which is why all of those terrorists exist, they want Palestine to be those lands, they send their message the wrong way, but they should still get their land). If this happened, the terrorist attacks in Israel and in other places would be way down. The only problem is that Ariel Sharon doesn't like it. I guess he just doesn't care about the Palestinians and doesn't care about peace.

The other website keeps is about the Israelis who have died, 360, but what about the 1,000 Palestinians. Sure, those Israelis shouldn't have died, but they should have funds for the 1,000 Palestinians too.

iceblizzard69
03-21-2002, 05:12 PM
have you ever heard of hitler or stalin. they killed millions, stalin more than hitler. for crying out loud, give the israelis some place to live. its not like they're asking for a eutopia!:rolleyes:

The Israelis have a place to live, they have their country. The Palestinians deserve their own country too, they have land that they deserve that Israel occupies and just won't let go. If they let go, the terrorism would end and there would be peace. Everyone supports Saudi Arabia's proposition except for Ariel Sharon. Many Israelis support it to, because it would end all of this terrorism.

baccarat
03-21-2002, 08:05 PM

He left a league, it is different. I hate A-Rod because he left my team for money, and he went to a division rival. When a player leaves your favorite team, you naturally don't like that player any more if it was his choice to leave. You are probably a Yankees fan so you don't know the feeling of having a star player leave your team. I had to go through my favorite baseball player demanding a trade and since he had a no trade clause we had to deal him for a decent CF and that is basically it. I am now happy the deal happened because Cameron has been more productive than Griffey in the past 2 seasons. The fans of the Orix Blue Wave respected Ichiro's decision and they now support him in his new location. He brought them their first championship and he was the Michael Jordan of Japan.

By the way: I know hate Griffey and I love to see him lose just like I love to see A-Rod lose. I also hate every Yankee and seeing them lose is the great.

First off, I am the anti-Yankee. I hate them with every inch of my body and every ounce of strength I have.

Anyways just because a player leaves their team doesn't make them a loser. What if Marino went with the Vikings in 2000, which he was considering? Would you then call Dan Marino a loser?

iceblizzard69
03-21-2002, 08:52 PM
There are different circumstances when a player leaves a team. If a player was a star and around for a few years, and when he becomes a free agent the team has the money and tries to sign him but he leaves for more money (A-Rod) then that would anger me if he left my favorite team. In Dan's case, if he left, I would of been mad but I still would have liked him. He accomplished many things on the Dolphins and he wouldn't of been getting paid a ton of money. It is a lot like Mark Grace and the Cubs. The Cubs wouldn't resign him so he signed cheap with Arizona and he got a standing ovation when he returned to Chicago because of what he did for that team for so many years. If Dan went to Minnesota, however, his legacy wouldn't be as good as it is and I would have been upset.

dolfan06
03-22-2002, 04:18 AM

The Israelis have a place to live, they have their country. The Palestinians deserve their own country too, they have land that they deserve that Israel occupies and just won't let go. If they let go, the terrorism would end and there would be peace. Everyone supports Saudi Arabia's proposition except for Ariel Sharon. Many Israelis support it to, because it would end all of this terrorism. yeah right, the terrorism would stop! file that under never, the middle east has been a hot bed for centuries, the arabs have always fought amongst themselves or with some outsider. now they have the jews to gang up on, but there was a little problem called the 6 day war, and they found out thet can't do it!

dolphan39
03-22-2002, 09:42 AM

The Israelis have a place to live, they have their country. The Palestinians deserve their own country too, they have land that they deserve that Israel occupies and just won't let go. If they let go, the terrorism would end and there would be peace. Everyone supports Saudi Arabia's proposition except for Ariel Sharon. Many Israelis support it to, because it would end all of this terrorism.

Before the Palestinians started killing themselves and Israelis, they were offered their own nation, with all their land and decision making input into Jerusalem, but they will not be happy until Israel does not exist or at least Israel give back large portions of Jerusalem. As has happened for 1000s of years nation do not relinquish control of Jerusalem voluntary. I would never expect Israel to give back it's capital city for a piece of paper that declares peace.

The Palestinians deserve their own country too, but I am not sure why part of it cannot come Egypt or Jordan.

iceblizzard69
03-22-2002, 01:23 PM

Before the Palestinians started killing themselves and Israelis, they were offered their own nation, with all their land and decision making input into Jerusalem, but they will not be happy until Israel does not exist or at least Israel give back large portions of Jerusalem. As has happened for 1000s of years nation do not relinquish control of Jerusalem voluntary. I would never expect Israel to give back it's capital city for a piece of paper that declares peace.

The Palestinians deserve their own country too, but I am not sure why part of it cannot come Egypt or Jordan.

Things have changed in the last 50 years. Palestine should either be its own country or all of it (Gaza and West Bank) should join the same country. The only problem with giving Gaza and the West Bank back to Jordan and Egypt is that Palestine would be split, but I don't know if it would be that big a deal. I am not sure about which country would be the best for Palestine to join.

dolfan06
03-22-2002, 02:26 PM

Things have changed in the last 50 years. Palestine should either be its own country or all of it (Gaza and West Bank) should join the same country. The only problem with giving Gaza and the West Bank back to Jordan and Egypt is that Palestine would be split, but I don't know if it would be that big a deal. I am not sure about which country would be the best for Palestine to join. he said egypt or jordan, not egypt and jordan!:p

iceblizzard69
03-22-2002, 03:39 PM
I think he meant Egypt and Jordan, but I am not sure. Also, Egypt and Jordan would make sense since they used to have the two terrotories. It would be good for Jordan to have them since the United States is very friendly with the King of Jordan who was raised in the United States.

dolphan39
03-22-2002, 03:49 PM
I meant OR

dolfan06
03-22-2002, 04:03 PM
I meant OR :D