PDA

View Full Version : To trade or not to trade

Gonzo
10-07-2010, 10:32 AM
Offered Ryan Mathews for Kyle Orton (my backup to Brees).

My rb situation is pretty dire (PPR league though, and my WRs are awesome). I have Forte, Tolbert, then...Portis and a few other scrubs. He also has Torain and Lynch, though I like Torain a lot better between those two. He has Eli Manning and Cutler.

I don't know if I'm sold on Mathews yet, and Torain won't be splitting as many carries.

Thoughts on this trade or a possible counter of Orton for Torain?

j-off-her-doll
10-14-2010, 02:48 PM
Orton has been doing very well. I think you might be able to get more than Matthews for him. How many teams in your league? Any of them have ****ty QB situations and good RB situations?

Gonzo
10-14-2010, 02:55 PM
12 teams, I declined it, not impressed by Mathews thus far. I place Orton on the block and notified everybody of his availability. I picked up Earnest Graham, who has thus far been as productive, particularly in a PPR league. Still need an upgrade though.

uga3406
10-14-2010, 09:05 PM
If u have Orton u can get so much more then ryan matthews for him. Matthews is nothing more then an over hyped rookie who is either injured or fumbles the ball. Saying no is your best option.

j-off-her-doll
10-15-2010, 06:12 PM
With Orton, I probably wouldn't accept much less - if any - than, say, M. Turner. There aren't a lot of productive backs this season.