PDA

View Full Version : Question for my Fl. Gators brothers.

Namor
10-08-2010, 10:18 AM
Even when schools are recruiting great...mising out on one or two players can make a big difference.
Just for discussion how much different would your offense be if (1) Cam Newton had of stayed.
and (2) Trent Richardson had chose Fl. instead of Bama.
I know ifs and buts...but this is just a what if question.

Tunaphish429
10-08-2010, 10:23 AM
How different would Miami be if they got Tim Tebow..

Namor
10-08-2010, 10:25 AM
How different would Miami be if they got Tim Tebow..

With Shannan?...about the same...

COphinphan89
10-09-2010, 02:06 AM
Even when schools are recruiting great...mising out on one or two players can make a big difference.
Just for discussion how much different would your offense be if (1) Cam Newton had of stayed.
and (2) Trent Richardson had chose Fl. instead of Bama.
I know ifs and buts...but this is just a what if question.
Newton, much like Tebow, is a true spread-option QB. Our offense would look similar to how it's been the last few years, but he would still be spending half the game chasing down/picking up errant snaps too. He would have to deal with a coaching staff that is too stubborn to make changes to the line that clearly need to be made. He would still have to endure some god-awful playcalling. Brantley, much like Chris Leak, does not fit into this offense at all. He's a fantastic QB. Goes through his progressions quickly and throws a great ball. And that's what they need to do. Let him sling it around the yard and feed the rock out of the I. Stop forcing him to run the option and the zone reads. Those aren't fooling anyone. In 2005, it took a pair of abysmal offensive performances (@Bama, @LSU) for Meyer & Friends to finally make some changes. The next year brought them a title. Unfortunately, it may take another game like last week's for that to happen again.

IIRC, Richardson came from Escambia just like Emmitt. I would wonder how UF allowed him to leave, but try to remember all the backs we've had under Meyer. That's right. You can't. The days of Emmitt, Rhett, Fred, and Graham are behind us. Deshawn Wynn and Kestahn Moore were both Zook leftovers and neither was anything spectacular, especially Moore. Moody hasn't done much since he got here. Rainey moved to WR and then had his little ****-up. Not to mention the number of guys we brought in that ended up transferring. Demps seems to be the only solid back we've had here under Meyer. Gillislee is showing promise, and we'll see about Mack Brown.

HurriPhin
10-12-2010, 01:24 PM
With Shannan?...about the same...

Ouch, but so true. LOL

Namor
10-12-2010, 02:33 PM
Ouch, but so true. LOL

I felt the same if he had of ended up at Bama with Shula..he would have won just enough to keep Mike a job.