PDA

View Full Version : can you get burnt twice and still be the best lol

sinPHIN
10-11-2010, 11:46 PM
Hey revis what happened to your island? So moss got you one game now harvin. I know a guy that has played them both and shut them both down. And jets fans don't make excuses

Ilovemyfins4eva
10-11-2010, 11:48 PM
revis is such a real number 1 that he hasn't even been on moss once this game.

sinPHIN
10-11-2010, 11:51 PM
I know lol

67Stang
10-11-2010, 11:55 PM
That's what happens to greedy a$*es, who miss out on training camp and presseason.

sinPHIN
10-12-2010, 12:11 AM
Revis is getting tore up

Ilovemyfins4eva
10-12-2010, 12:13 AM
this jets d is so legit

Ricky'sWeinerBong
10-12-2010, 12:39 AM
4-1 is all that matters really. the Jets are a better football team than Miami.

Jetsfan80
10-12-2010, 01:06 AM
Revis got his a$$ handed to him tonight, no sugar-coating it. Maybe he wasn't 100 %, but he ALSO said that if he wasn't 100 % he wouldn't play. So its either: a) he got toasted because he isn't what he was last year for whatever reason, or b) he lied and played when he wasn't ready, thus being a detriment to the team. He doesn't come out looking good in either case.

Still, a win is a win. I hope that its a matter of Revis not being in game-shape yet. Thats the best-case scenario. Worst-case.....we paid a corner $32 million and he's not out there to earn it.

Jetsfan0099
10-12-2010, 03:15 PM
You know whats funny, people reaching so much to try and bring down Revis. Shows how great he really is. He wasn't fully healthy, I don't care what they said because he was limping before the game, I was there. He was playing in soft zone coverages instead of playing up close in press. Even watching the NFLN highlights they said that Revis looked slower and that he didn't have his burst.

That TD Percy Harvin got wasn't even all Revis' fault, sure if he was fully healthy it probably doesn't happen. But he was off in zone and Harvin was running across the field, the safety is suppose to come in on that. Funny how Davis is the only DB on the Dolphins that hasn't been owned this year so hes elite. LMAO

truthbtold
10-12-2010, 03:30 PM
Hey revis what happened to your island? So moss got you one game now harvin. I know a guy that has played them both and shut them both down. And jets fans don't make excuses

You figured it out ... Revis isn't good at all ... it was all a mirage.
The guy really can't play. Nice work Columbo!

Vontae Davis is a very good corner.
I hope he gets a nice comfortable seat on the couch when he's watching Revis and the Jets play in the Superbowl.

Adam First
10-12-2010, 03:30 PM
Revis got paid and he's paying the Jets back. Buyer beware.

Too bad the rest of the Jest' D is freaking sick. It makes me sad.

ukilledkenny
10-12-2010, 03:37 PM
If you guys wanna blow your loads over Davis and your 2-2 juggernaut go for it. We'll take the wins without our best player anywhere near 100%. He should be 100% by the next Jets Fins matchup and you guys don't have Ted Ginn anymore.

WISfinfan13
10-12-2010, 03:59 PM
Revis is good, he just has an ego and it caught up with him a bit. If he wants to be elite he can be. He just needed to be put in his place a bit.

But any (Edit: rational) Jets Fan has to admit Vontae has been better than Revis so far this year.

iTzPoPPaBear
10-12-2010, 04:05 PM
^^^ Cool Story bro, maybe you can tell it to us when your watching us in the playoffs

WISfinfan13
10-12-2010, 04:07 PM
^^^ Cool Story bro, maybe you can tell it to us when your watching us in the playoffs

Thats def a possibility.But lets get back to the topic of this specific thread; your kidding yourself if you think Revis has played as well as Vontae so far this season.

iTzPoPPaBear
10-12-2010, 04:11 PM
He has played better than Revis so far your correct, theres still a lot of season to go, and hopefully after are bye week Revis that we have come to love will be back. If not we played 3 games without him and won all 3.

WISfinfan13
10-12-2010, 04:16 PM
He has played better than Revis so far your correct, theres still a lot of season to go, and hopefully after are bye week Revis that we have come to love will be back. If not we played 3 games without him and won all 3.

There you go...Now you got it.

Davej
10-12-2010, 04:29 PM
Thats def a possibility.But lets get back to the topic of this specific thread; your kidding yourself if you think Revis has played as well as Vontae so far this season.

Mevis hasn't played as well as Vontae, but Mevis hasn't been able to stay healthy, because Mevis is a greedy prick who cares more about getting more money than honoring the final three years of a contract that he held out to get in 2007. But Vontae has played better than I thought he would've.

Jetsfan80
10-12-2010, 04:45 PM
The word is that Revis may miss the Denver game. I'm actually fine with that. Let him sit out this week, then it'll be the bye and he'll get ANOTHER week to get healthy. 2 weeks should be enough to get to 100 %, one would hope.

And as far as playing Denver without Revis, I'm pretty confident in Cromartie's ability to contain Brandon Lloyd, who is playing out of his mind. The Jets have gotten plays out of the back end of their cornerback depth chart in Drew Coleman and Dwight Lowery, so I'm confident we'll get the job done without him, again. In Rex we trust.

WISfinfan13
10-12-2010, 04:57 PM
The word is that Revis may miss the Denver game. I'm actually fine with that. Let him sit out this week, then it'll be the bye and he'll get ANOTHER week to get healthy. 2 weeks should be enough to get to 100 %, one would hope.

And as far as playing Denver without Revis, I'm pretty confident in Cromartie's ability to contain Brandon Lloyd, who is playing out of his mind. The Jets have gotten plays out of the back end of their cornerback depth chart in Drew Coleman and Dwight Lowery, so I'm confident we'll get the job done without him, again. In Rex we trust.

Cromartie played surprisingly well lastnight. Moss is very soft tho. If you get physical with Cromartie he folds.

timwendt58
10-12-2010, 05:11 PM
I think Darelle Revis matches up well with most WRs in this league but If he went 1 vs 1 with Percy Harvin for a whole game, he would get pwned!

WISfinfan13
10-12-2010, 05:20 PM
I think Darelle Revis matches up well with most WRs in this league but If he went 1 vs 1 with Percy Harvin for a whole game, he would get pwned!

Isnt that what happend last night?

JETSJETSJETS
10-12-2010, 06:02 PM

Or maybe you should know Revis was in zone coverage? He does NOT need to show why he is the #1 CB. Once he's 100%, you'll know why.

10-12-2010, 08:26 PM
Revis was far from 100%.

He didn't allow 1 catch through the first 3 quarters, and tackled AP for a loss.

He let up 2 catches, one was questionable because it was zone coverage.

He was limping a lot that game.

If it really makes Dolphins fans feel good to say that Vontae Davis is better than a Revis with a pulled hamstring, then keep saying it.

If they are both at 100% it is not even close, and Vontae is a very good corner.

Fuerue
10-13-2010, 01:16 PM
I am still not sold at the Revis being the best corner in the league. When he plays healthy, he is definately top 5. Bailey, Woodson, Sanders, etc etc did it for a long time, and Bailey had that ridiculous 06 season that is as good as Revis's season last year. I think Champ was also playing hurt that year with a groin injury and wearing some freaky harness and still shutting people out. Revis is an outstanding cornerback, and the team is cashing the check for his greed right now by covering his slack and making up for his absence due to lack of conditioning. Davis is also an outstanding corner based on his performance thus far. In both cases, it is way too early in their careers to say they are THE best, or that one is better than the other. They are both excellent at what they do, but Davis is definately playing better ball right now. That is a fact.

WISfinfan13
10-13-2010, 01:24 PM
Revis was far from 100%.

He didn't allow 1 catch through the first 3 quarters, and tackled AP for a loss.

He let up 2 catches, one was questionable because it was zone coverage.

He was limping a lot that game.

If it really makes Dolphins fans feel good to say that Vontae Davis is better than a Revis with a pulled hamstring, then keep saying it.

If they are both at 100% it is not even close, and Vontae is a very good corner.

I dont think anyone said that Vontae was indeed "better" than Revis at this point. But I have yet to see anyone admit what most Fin Fans have been trying to prove with this thread...Vontea had a better 2010 season through 5 weeks of the season.

Again, long way to go.

sinPHIN
10-14-2010, 03:26 PM
excuses. remember that quote for revis " i wont play unless im 100%" just saying. the money got to the guys head dont care what anyone says

JETSJETSJETS
10-14-2010, 04:22 PM
excuses. remember that quote for revis " i wont play unless im 100%" just saying. the money got to the guys head dont care what anyone says

Money got to his head? He signed a 6 years $36 million rookie deal, how come money didn't "get to his head" then? Speaking of excuses, why can't Vontae help his team win?

WISfinfan13
10-14-2010, 05:14 PM
Money got to his head? He signed a 6 years $36 million rookie deal, how come money didn't "get to his head" then? Speaking of excuses, why can't Vontae help his team win?

How is shutting down Randy Moss not "helping your team win"?

JETSJETSJETS
10-14-2010, 07:40 PM

So by shutting down Moss, he helped his team win against the Pats? News to me.

mindstate
10-14-2010, 09:34 PM
I dont think anyone said that Vontae was indeed "better" than Revis at this point. But I have yet to see anyone admit what most Fin Fans have been trying to prove with this thread...Vontea had a better 2010 season through 5 weeks of the season.

Again, long way to go.

Well of course he has, Revis hasn't even been on the field for half of the games so far. The only game where he was healthy was Week 1 and he didn't allow anything in that game.

Vontae is quietly turning into a beast at CB, but this isn't really a worthwhile discussion when Revis isn't even healthy.

Now if you like, I'll say he's having a better year than Cromartie, though Cromartie certainly is holding his own.

DolphinsAreBad
10-14-2010, 10:11 PM
Revis is good, he just has an ego and it caught up with him a bit. If he wants to be elite he can be. He just needed to be put in his place a bit.

But any (Edit: rational) Jets Fan has to admit Vontae has been better than Revis so far this year.

Yes. The Dolphins #1 corner, thus far, has been better than a player who's played 1 game after missing all of training camp, a half before hurting himself, and then another game before he was fully healthy.

Revis is a greedy douche, but he's also great. And he's also hurt.

DolphinsAreBad
10-14-2010, 10:13 PM

I didn't know the Dolphins won that game.

But, your girl appears to have big jugs, so it's all good.

NYJ90
10-15-2010, 01:59 AM
I am still not sold at the Revis being the best corner in the league. When he plays healthy, he is definately top 5. Bailey, Woodson, Sanders, etc etc did it for a long time, and Bailey had that ridiculous 06 season that is as good as Revis's season last year. I think Champ was also playing hurt that year with a groin injury and wearing some freaky harness and still shutting people out. Revis is an outstanding cornerback, and the team is cashing the check for his greed right now by covering his slack and making up for his absence due to lack of conditioning. Davis is also an outstanding corner based on his performance thus far. In both cases, it is way too early in their careers to say they are THE best, or that one is better than the other. They are both excellent at what they do, but Davis is definately playing better ball right now. That is a fact.

Actually there were few articles (around the time the DPOTY award was awarded) where they said Revis deserved it based on the fact that his #'s from last year were far and beyond anything any corner had ever done. They said the only way to compare was to examine another position and add like 1000 yards to Marino's best year. His #'s were so dominating in terms of YPA and how many passes were thrown his way (which was highest in the league) that no other corner comes close. I'm not going to say he's the best ever, but what he did last year was just dominating.

sinPHIN
10-15-2010, 12:11 PM
I didn't know the Dolphins won that game.

But, your girl appears to have big jugs, so it's all good.

dude thats disrespectful as ****

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 AM ----------

Actually there were few articles (around the time the DPOTY award was awarded) where they said Revis deserved it based on the fact that his #'s from last year were far and beyond anything any corner had ever done. They said the only way to compare was to examine another position and add like 1000 yards to Marino's best year. His #'s were so dominating in terms of YPA and how many passes were thrown his way (which was highest in the league) that no other corner comes close. I'm not going to say he's the best ever, but what he did last year was just dominating.

last year...

sinPHIN
10-15-2010, 12:13 PM

yea i know you jets fans arent smart but do the math tard. he was due to make a million this year. now take 36 and divide it by 6 and that equals 6. so that means he is getting paid 5 million more than he would have. so yea money got to his head. and if it didnt why did he hold out?

DolphinsAreBad
10-15-2010, 07:14 PM
dude thats disrespectful as ****

I thought it was a compliment.

Like, if I were to tell you that you look like you might not be retarded.

sinPHIN
10-15-2010, 09:34 PM
I thought it was a compliment.

Like, if I were to tell you that you look like you might not be retarded.

Ok lol. took it the wrong way

jfaulknercahill
10-16-2010, 01:21 PM
hes easing his way back into the nfl... are you guys that blind lol.....

if the jets offered revis for vontae davis all of you would take it in a matter of seconds.

btw vontae had help over moss 75% of the game lol

and u lost.

lf911sc
10-16-2010, 08:56 PM
yea i know you jets fans arent smart but do the math tard. he was due to make a million this year. now take 36 and divide it by 6 and that equals 6. so that means he is getting paid 5 million more than he would have. so yea money got to his head. and if it didnt why did he hold out?

Yes, math is a struggle. He was due only 1 mil this year. But he had two more years and almost 22 mil left. So yeah, an extra 5 mil this year, and not so much next 2 years.

Not matter how hard you try and find a reason that he won't be the same Revis as before, youre barking up the wrong tree. He's the best and isn't going anywhere for awhile.

sinPHIN
10-17-2010, 12:18 AM
hes easing his way back into the nfl... are you guys that blind lol.....

if the jets offered revis for vontae davis all of you would take it in a matter of seconds.

btw vontae had help over moss 75% of the game lol

and u lost.
for smith or allen lol not davis. revis is very good no denying that but i like davis' upside. no im not saying one is better than the other im talking **** bc one its a jets player two i dont care what the excuse is he has played like straight crap. and if he is the best he would have played better regardless.

lf911sc
10-17-2010, 12:47 AM
for smith or allen lol not davis. revis is very good no denying that but i like davis' upside. no im not saying one is better than the other im talking **** bc one its a jets player two i dont care what the excuse is he has played like straight crap. and if he is the best he would have played better regardless.

His upside, if he develops as much as fins fans predict he will, he more than likely won't be as good as Revis. You are completely understating how good he's been in one one one coverage.

Funny, he's straight crap play amounts to this. No catches given up vs the Ravens. One catch where Moss makes an ungodly one handed catch and he blew out his hammy, and 2 catches he gave up to Harvin. Even ignoring the injury, not too shabby. All in single coverage, no help.

He's so good that when someone makes a catch against him, we're shocked.

Jet Offensive
10-17-2010, 02:55 PM
talk about getting burned.......jennings just left a burn out mark all over vontae's face.

Cytheria
10-17-2010, 10:33 PM
So by using 'Dolphan' logic, Vontae Davis is NOT the best because he got absolutely microwaved by Greg Jennings. Revis never got torched for 86 yards in his career.

Jet Offensive
10-18-2010, 12:13 AM
So by using 'Dolphan' logic, Vontae Davis is NOT the best because he got absolutely microwaved by Greg Jennings. Revis never got torched for 86 yards in his career.

i have to say....i'm really enjoying the threads over here of late. between this one, and the jets maybe 0-5 and the lets go broncos thread.........this place is fun

jetsman
10-18-2010, 02:31 AM
Tom Brady shut down Moss,not Davis.They got into it before the game and Brady showed him he was nothing if Brady doesn't throw to him.They didn't need Moos to win that game because they were outplaying Miami handily so he decided to show Moss who has the power in New England.He was traded right after that game...........think about it.

AphexPhin
10-18-2010, 07:16 AM
talk about getting burned.......jennings just left a burn out mark all over vontae's face.

Very true BUT we still won brah!!! :)

nyjunc
10-18-2010, 08:10 AM
Revis gave up some plays yesterday but he looked like he is very close to being back to normal. orton made some spectaular throws to beat him a couple of times but he was right there w/ every throw. I feel very good about hi for the rest of the year.

Ilovemyfins4eva
10-18-2010, 09:31 AM
Revis gave up some plays yesterday but he looked like he is very close to being back to normal. orton made some spectaular throws to beat him a couple of times but he was right there w/ every throw. I feel very good about hi for the rest of the year.
all i gotta say is revis does not like as intimidating as last year. try spinning it however u want that hes hurt, etc, bottom line is the facts are the facts, he does not look as good.

and i don't want to here hamstring injury excuses anymore because if he has a hurt hamstring then he shouldn't have been playing yesterday on a short week when a bye is coming up, and if that's the case then ur coach is real stupid to let him play, or if he was able to play, his hamstring must be a non issue anymore and he still didn't look so good.

revis island is no more. he maybe good, but its not an island anymore.

nyjunc
10-18-2010, 09:36 AM
all i gotta say is revis does not like as intimidating as last year. try spinning it however u want that hes hurt, etc, bottom line is the facts are the facts, he does not look as good.

and i don't want to here hamstring injury excuses anymore because if he has a hurt hamstring then he shouldn't have been playing yesterday on a short week when a bye is coming up, and if that's the case then ur coach is real stupid to let him play, or if he was able to play, his hamstring must be a non issue anymore and he still didn't look so good.

There's no spin, it's a fact he's ben hurt and hasn't been close to 100%. We know how great he is wehn healthy and he's close to being healty.

He played well yesterday, he gave Orton very little room to make plays and to orton's credit he made a few plays. he didn't get roasted like the great vontae.

mindstate
10-18-2010, 10:46 AM

He was a game time decision so clearly it's still bothering him but even with the injury he's still better than most CBs in the league. He played great yesterday, Orton got some great throws in but he had tight coverage all day.

This was pretty sweet too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sroL00sxzl0

Cytheria
10-18-2010, 12:43 PM
i have to say....i'm really enjoying the threads over here of late. between this one, and the jets maybe 0-5 and the lets go broncos thread.........this place is fun

It's funny, 2 weeks ago the Phin fans were ready to commit ritual sepukko but they BARELY eek out a win against a battered and depleted Packers team and all of a sudden they're pumping up their chest declaring they're on par with the NY JETS...hilarious.

Ilovemyfins4eva
10-18-2010, 06:46 PM
He was a game time decision so clearly it's still bothering him but even with the injury he's still better than most CBs in the league. He played great yesterday, Orton got some great throws in but he had tight coverage all day. he has not looked like a shutdown corner. if its still bothering him like u said, how dumb is ur coach to let him play and potentially aggrevate it more than it is already, when u have a lot of money invested in him already, and u have a bye week the following week so u can give him 2 straight weeks off? obviously its not that bad.

This was pretty sweet too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sroL00sxzl0
come on man, i know ur a jet fan and all but he didnt play great yesterday. he was average at best. he didnt play like someone who should have an island named after him, or a corner who should be the highest paid.

mindstate
10-18-2010, 07:05 PM
come on man, i know ur a jet fan and all but he didnt play great yesterday. he was average at best. he didnt play like someone who should have an island named after him, or a corner who should be the highest paid.

LOL, alright, you got it man. No more Revis Island. The island is closed.

Feel better?

butta247
10-18-2010, 07:34 PM
To the poster that said revis has never been burnt for 86 yards....he did get burnt for 50+ by Ted Ginn Jr......so what does that tell us?

Jet Offensive
10-18-2010, 07:54 PM
To the poster that said revis has never been burnt for 86 yards....he did get burnt for 50+ by Ted Ginn Jr......so what does that tell us?

that he hasn't been burned for 86 yards?

Joneildu
10-18-2010, 08:54 PM
Gin burnt Revis with Safety help. Davis got burned because the safety bit on a crossing route. Let's be real, Revis is now where close to what he was last season, not yet at least. Honestly, I find it hard to believe he'll be able to repeat last season, it was just too spectacular. It would be like Rice repeating his 20+ TD season of CJ repeating his 2k yard season. It's going to be damn near impossible to live back up to that.

Dimitri_0515
10-19-2010, 02:07 AM

Bottom line is that the Jets are 5-1 (3-0 in the division) and the Dolphins are 3-2 (0-2 in the division). Facts are the facts and the Dolphins are 2 games behind.

jetsknicks1
10-19-2010, 08:02 AM

It tells us two things:
1. Even a blind hog finds a nut.
2. You guys are still having to back to one play, in one game, from last year, to find something positive your team did against Revis.

abyzmul
10-19-2010, 07:18 PM

That you are not a math major?

Scoffaveli
10-20-2010, 08:21 AM
LOL this thread is beyond stupid. Vontae has improved upon last year but he is still doing what made him a liability last year...Biting hard on pump fakes and double moves...Granted I like that he is aggressive and a great tackler

But you guys have got to stop putting him on Revis' level already. And Revis is obviously struggling because he is getting back to form, but as of this moment Revis is still a much better corner

jfaulknercahill
10-21-2010, 10:32 AM

give him 2-3 weeks after the bye, and if he isnt playing like Revis Christ of last year then you are right. but you have to put in account he wasnt in training camp, and has an injury. yes the training camp, and hammy **** is his fault, but to say he isnt the same guy is hilarious.

revis island is no more? lol. 50% of the plays every jets corner is almost on an island.

lf911sc
10-21-2010, 08:23 PM

He's not the highest paid, why you keep saying that is odd. And for someone you claim played poorly he gave up 4 catches for 48 yards.

Is it that as a fin fan who readily admits to hating anything jet you just claim that Revis played poorly without having a clue to what he did on a given week?

Funny, having watched the game, his coverages were dead on. When beaten it was a matter of being out jumped for jump balls. Or a remnant of his bad hammy. No matter how much you want to ignore his physical limitations. Don't sweat it, he'll be fine next time he steps onto a field.

Ilovemyfins4eva
10-21-2010, 09:37 PM
He's not the highest paid, why you keep saying that is odd. And for someone you claim played poorly he gave up 4 catches for 48 yards.

Is it that as a fin fan who readily admits to hating anything jet you just claim that Revis played poorly without having a clue to what he did on a given week?

Funny, having watched the game, his coverages were dead on. When beaten it was a matter of being out jumped for jump balls. Or a remnant of his bad hammy. No matter how much you want to ignore his physical limitations. Don't sweat it, he'll be fine next time he steps onto a field.i did watch the game, and ya he didnt look so good. apparently my eyes were not the only one's who saw that he didnt look so good, as talk radio in ny the next morning, guys who are jet fans, were saying how revis just does not look the same.

obviously i do know what im talking about, dont bring up stats, if u saw the game, which im sure u have since ur a jet fan, u would know he didnt look so good. dont bring up those stats, stats dont always tell the story.

lf911sc
10-21-2010, 11:09 PM
i did watch the game, and ya he didnt look so good. apparently my eyes were not the only one's who saw that he didnt look so good, as talk radio in ny the next morning, guys who are jet fans, were saying how revis just does not look the same.

obviously i do know what im talking about, dont bring up stats, if u saw the game, which im sure u have since ur a jet fan, u would know he didnt look so good. dont bring up those stats, stats dont always tell the story.

Seems to me that not only are your eyes tainted by fin colored glasses, so are your ears.

Every single show, WFAN, ESPN, SNY and ESPN TV, every one talked about how much better Revis looked.

And stats, when its 4 for 48, which includes a TD that was not a catch is important. 4 for 48, 15 or so which would have come off if challenged is an ok day. Sorry if getting abused on a daily basis in NY by Jet fans PI$$es you off.

Try again though, tell us how Revis sucks, Cromartie is lucky, the Jet D is over rated, Sanchez is lucky, Jets are over rated, Rex is arrogant. Did I miss any? LOL

Ilovemyfins4eva
10-21-2010, 11:57 PM
Seems to me that not only are your eyes tainted by fin colored glasses, so are your ears.

Every single show, WFAN, ESPN, SNY and ESPN TV, every one talked about how much better Revis looked.

And stats, when its 4 for 48, which includes a TD that was not a catch is important. 4 for 48, 15 or so which would have come off if challenged is an ok day. Sorry if getting abused on a daily basis in NY by Jet fans PI$$es you off.

Try again though, tell us how Revis sucks, Cromartie is lucky, the Jet D is over rated, Sanchez is lucky, Jets are over rated, Rex is arrogant. Did I miss any? LOLi honestly dont no wat time u listened to wfan because i listened to joe and evan, mike francesa, even a little of espn, and none of them said anything about how much better revis looked. he looked slow, and although he may have had a few nice plays, he still got beat on several occasions.

about getting abused daily by jet fans, im not worried, ill get the last laugh at the end. enjoy now, u wont be enjoying for much longer.

nyjunc
10-22-2010, 08:20 AM
i honestly dont no wat time u listened to wfan because i listened to joe and evan, mike francesa, even a little of espn, and none of them said anything about how much better revis looked. he looked slow, and although he may have had a few nice plays, he still got beat on several occasions.

about getting abused daily by jet fans, im not worried, ill get the last laugh at the end. enjoy now, u wont be enjoying for much longer.

Anyone who watched could see how much better revis looked on Sunday. he did get beat a time or 2 but Orton made some incredible throws and the TD the WR was actually out of bounds but we got screwed(again). Revis was right there w/ every throw for the first time this season. he is close to being back to normal.

KlausC
10-22-2010, 08:53 AM
Anyone saying Revis didn't look much better last week has no idea what they're talking about in regards to Revis. Please do yourselves a favor and just stop talking about something you have no clue about.

He looked far better than any other point in the season last week and you'll probably see him back to 100% the next time he plays. That's really bad news for the rest of the teams we face because it means Rex has his full toolkit available to unleash and the defense should get back to being one of the better ones in the league.

milo
10-22-2010, 09:00 AM
He's clearly not back to form, and probably never will be, if by "form" people mean 2009. Last year was such a statistical anomaly it's almost impossible to repeat, let alone repeat year after year. And in the mean time Cromartie is playing well beyond expectations and guys that most Jet fans had given up for dead (Drew Coleman???!) have been bringing their A-game.

There really shouldn't be this much room left to improve on defense on a team that's 5-1, but there is. And that's friggin scary.

nyjunc
10-22-2010, 09:07 AM
He's clearly not back to form, and probably never will be, if by "form" people mean 2009. Last year was such a statistical anomaly it's almost impossible to repeat, let alone repeat year after year. And in the mean time Cromartie is playing well beyond expectations and guys that most Jet fans had given up for dead (Drew Coleman???!) have been bringing their A-game.

There really shouldn't be this much room left to improve on defense on a team that's 5-1, but there is. And that's friggin scary.

Our D has been mediocre, there is alot of room to improve and as Revis keeps getting back to normal the D will be much better. revis may never have a year like 2009 but there was such a wide gap btw him and the next best corner that he could drop 5-10% and still be great and still be the best or top 2.

lf911sc
10-23-2010, 03:37 PM
What's really funny is this belief that Vontae Davis is in the same league as Revis.

No offense, he looks like a nice young player, but he's not as good as our number 2 corner. Cromartie is better than Davis.

jfaulknercahill
10-23-2010, 07:26 PM
revis had nearly perfect coverage on wrs against denver..besides a few plays.

on some plays with revis, and near perfect coverage passes were caught. he isnt revis christ form yet, but he looked very close during the denver game.

lf911sc
10-23-2010, 10:58 PM
It seemed to me that the hammy was preventing Revis from jumping. He had perfect coverage on every play. The plays were catches were made, outside of the td that wasn't a td or a catch, he lost out on jump ball. When receivers outjump Revis to the ball, you know he's not right physically.

Jet Offensive
11-07-2010, 10:44 PM
calvin johsnon: 1 catch for 13 yards

how did vontae do today?

mindstate
11-07-2010, 11:02 PM
Megatron met Optimus Prime.

JETSJETSJETS
11-08-2010, 12:57 AM
Megatron met Optimus Prime.

:lol::lol2: That was hilarious.

Jetsfan89
11-08-2010, 01:47 AM
calvin johsnon: 1 catch for 13 yards

how did vontae do today?

I love when everybody talks about how this guy or that guy is finally going to be the one to dominate Revis.......then the game starts and Revis shuts him down to.

david1023
11-08-2010, 11:05 AM
That first pass to Megatron was a thing of beauty, Megatron had a step on Revis and you could see it was going to be caught as it was in the air. Stafford threw a perfect pass that was supposed to catch Megatron in stride.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odEkIjovrBM

JETSJETSJETS
11-08-2010, 01:03 PM
That first pass to Megatron was a thing of beauty, Megatron had a step on Revis and you could see it was going to be caught as it was in the air. Stafford threw a perfect pass that was supposed to catch Megatron in stride.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odEkIjovrBM

Yup. It was really a perfect pass. I've said it before and will say it again. Revis has the quickest closing speed in the NFL.

ace_o_spades
11-08-2010, 06:33 PM
^^Very few (if any) CBs in football make that play