PDA

View Full Version : The New York Field Goals

MIA 23 DOLFAN
10-12-2010, 12:36 AM
what did yall think about the vikes / jets game? and the jets future?
Their defense is efficient but that offense is pitiful even with santonio.
thoughts?

Ilovemyfins4eva
10-12-2010, 12:42 AM
i think they got a good run game, Sanchez looked real shaky, d is overrated. is it good? ya its pretty solid, but far from the great d the jet fans make them out to be.

JCane
10-12-2010, 12:43 AM
I wouldn't call it pitiful. I'd call it more inconsistent. When the Jets run into stout defenses, Sanchez seems to struggle.

datruth55
10-12-2010, 12:48 AM
Jet D not as good as last year. Teams are catching on to Rex Ryans tendencies. Sanchez may be one of the luckiest QBs in the league this year. I've never seen more sure interceptions dropped against any QB in my life. Should have thrown 3 against us and he should have had at least 2 tonight...pretty remarkable he has yet to throw a pick.

One thing we all know, when the weather is bad so is Sanchez.

MadDog 88
10-12-2010, 12:53 AM
Perfectly stated J. When a defense is strong and successfully get pressure on Sanchez, he gets flustered. Go back and look at every game where he has pressure and you'll see how bad his performance is.

Jet Offensive
10-12-2010, 12:53 AM
I wouldn't call it pitiful. I'd call it more inconsistent. When the Jets run into stout defenses, Sanchez seems to struggle.

to be expected. he's a young qb with barely over 16 games started in the nfl. and not much college experience either. this was a down game for him. last year this game would have been a 4 or 5 pick game for him. this year it's an ugly win. oh let me guess....the fins are still the much better team right?

kmev827!
10-12-2010, 12:54 AM
Not a good time to trash the Jets. I hate them too, but they are 4-1 and are playing much better than we are at this point. We need to worry about our own problems right now.

Ilovemyfins4eva
10-12-2010, 12:56 AM
to be expected. he's a young qb with barely over 16 games started in the nfl. and not much college experience either. this was a down game for him. last year this game would have been a 4 or 5 pick game for him. this year it's an ugly win. oh let me guess....the fins are still the much better team right?
right now we are one game back in the loss column. i think we can make up a game before our next match up.

as for the better team, look u guys got a real good run game, solid wide outs, Sanchez would still scare me a little if i was a jet fan, and Ur d, dare i say it, its not as good as u guys make it out to be. its good, but u guys make it seem like its all pro.

Davej
10-12-2010, 12:56 AM
You do know it was pouring for most of the game right? That aside we would've won by more if our OC wasn't a complete retard.

Ilovemyfins4eva
10-12-2010, 12:57 AM
You do know it was pouring for most of the game right? That aside we would've won by more if our OC wasn't a complete retard.
how bout the vikings ****in fumbling not once but twice to give u guys the ball which u had nothing to do with forcing them?

Ruby2
10-12-2010, 12:59 AM
Jets D is far from dominant, but still one of the better ones in the league.

Sanchez made big plays when he had to but overall a pretty shaky performance, but he gets a bit of a pass from me because of the weather and a plethora of drops by the receivers.

The offense will continue to put up points though, there are just way to many offensive weapons for them to fail.

iTzPoPPaBear
10-12-2010, 01:00 AM
How about week 3?

Ruby2
10-12-2010, 01:00 AM
Oh, and Dbrick straight up beasted.

Jet Offensive
10-12-2010, 01:01 AM
right now we are one game back in the loss column. i think we can make up a game before our next match up.

as for the better team, look u guys got a real good run game, solid wide outs, Sanchez would still scare me a little if i was a jet fan, and Ur d, dare i say it, its not as good as u guys make it out to be. its good, but u guys make it seem like its all pro.

jets defense is good. i never said it was all time....but it's good. the vikings have a good team. for a while there they were stellar.....but favre did what he does. he got hot an dhe has some pretty good weapons. moss, harvin, shiancoe, AP.......but in the end they came through. i'll take an ugly win where our qb had a pretty bad game over a loss.

Joneildu
10-12-2010, 01:02 AM
LT, best pickup in the NFL.

JCane
10-12-2010, 01:05 AM

Well no **** it's to be expected. I didn't post this to flame the Jets. Of course they're a better team than Miami. I've been beating that drum all off season.

Anything I say in my post inaccurate at all? Anything? Please, point it out other than ASSuming ****.

Cytheria
10-12-2010, 01:08 AM
not a good time to trash the jets. I hate them too, but they are 4-1 and are playing much better than we are at this point. We need to worry about our own problems right now.

this!!!!!

Jetsfan80
10-12-2010, 01:10 AM
Here's a nice pair of stats for you guys. The New York Jets are the 5th team in NFL history to have four straight games without a turnover. And Mark Sanchez is the youngest QB in NFL history to go 5 straight games without a turnover.

That's a mark of a good team folks. If you limit the mistakes, while other teams make them (by your efforts or simply the opponent making mental errors), you're going to win a lot of games.

JCane
10-12-2010, 01:13 AM
Here's a nice pair of stats for you guys. The New York Jets are the 5th team in NFL history to have four straight games without a turnover. And Mark Sanchez is the youngest QB in NFL history to go 5 straight games without a turnover.

That's a mark of a good team folks. If you limit the mistakes, while other teams make them (by your efforts or simply the opponent making mental errors), you're going to win a lot of games.

+1

mindstate
10-12-2010, 01:19 AM
Next to the Steelers, the Vikings probably have the best D we'll face the rest of the year. We were able to move the ball but just couldn't finish drives. The drops were brutal though and the 2-minute offense at the end was inexcusable.

Phear
10-12-2010, 02:46 AM
The Jets are 4-1 Dolphins are 2-2. Just sayin

jetsfan1
10-12-2010, 04:31 AM
[QUOTE=Ilovemyfins4eva;1063615531]how bout the vikings ****in fumbling not once but twice to give u guys the ball which u had nothing to do with forcing them?[/QUO

The vikes screwed up & turned over the ball due mostly to the weather where we did not, so you can say the vikes played poorly or we played well, either way we won. We're 4-1 & heading to Denver.

nyjunc
10-12-2010, 08:31 AM

Sanchez played well, he had alot of drops last night. I'm not sure it came across on TV just how hard it was raining in certain stretches and that played a huge factor and most impressively he didn't turn it over in those conditions. Not every win is going to be as pretty offensively as the last 3 weeks, he'll have bad games but I'll take a bad game where he throws zero picks and leads to the ) to 22 points any day.

Mo Lewis
10-12-2010, 08:58 AM
what did yall think about the vikes / jets game? and the jets future?
Their defense is efficient but that offense is pitiful even with santonio.
thoughts?

Pitiful? The dolphins scored 7 points on offense against the Vikings IN A DOME, that is pitiful. The Jets still did a good job moving the ball on the vikings last night. The dolphins couldn't move the ball against buffalo or new england, two of the worst defenses in the NFL. That's pitiful. Losing back to back home division games is pitiful.

Mo Lewis
10-12-2010, 09:00 AM

When ________ run into stout defenses, ______ seems to struggle. Well thank you captain obvious.

KlausC
10-12-2010, 09:55 AM
Do me a favor, go to NFL.com->Team Stats->Total Offense
Sort by "Points Per Game", which is labeled "Pts/G".

You will find the Jets at #4 behind the Patriots, Chargers and Colts.
You will also find the Fins at #28.

And we've played essentially the same schedule except the Jets have also faced the Ravens.

/thread

Jet Offensive
10-12-2010, 11:27 AM
Do me a favor, go to NFL.com->Team Stats->Total Offense
Sort by "Points Per Game", which is labeled "Pts/G".

You will find the Jets at #4 behind the Patriots, Chargers and Colts.
You will also find the Fins at #28.

And we've played essentially the same schedule except the Jets have also faced the Ravens.

/thread

they are also ranked 6th in points allowed. 4th in points cored and 6th in points allowed. which are the 2 most important stats when grading out a defense or an offense. the dolphins, otoh, are ranked near the bottom of the league in both.

ace_o_spades
10-12-2010, 11:31 AM
That "pitiful" offense hung 31 on the Dolphins in their house lolol

ukilledkenny
10-12-2010, 02:25 PM
If a pitiful performance still adds up to a win for the Jets I would probably be worrying about how to beat them when they are playing well.

Jetsfan0099
10-12-2010, 03:11 PM
It was pouring rain yesterday and all the Jets WRs had multiple drops. The offense is fine, they won't drop passes like that every game. Our OL is dominant, Sanchez is progressing, LT is great still, Holmes looks like a stud.

nyjunc
10-12-2010, 03:56 PM
It was pouring rain yesterday and all the Jets WRs had multiple drops. The offense is fine, they won't drop passes like that every game. Our OL is dominant, Sanchez is progressing, LT is great still, Holmes looks like a stud.

http://prod.static.jets.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/NYJ/photos/clubimages/2010/10-October/AP101011124894--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg

thespygatetapes
10-12-2010, 07:36 PM
Last night, the jets receivers had more drops than I have ever seen in an NFL game in my life it was mind boggling, i counted at least 10 passes that hit receivers in the hands and were dropped. Alot of that could be attributed to the monsoon that decided to strike the meadowlands right when the game went on but the vikings receivers didnt seem to have a problem.

And the jets offense wasn't pitiful they ran for over 150 yards the most ever against a vikings defense in over 3 years. LT on 3rd and 15 ran right up the middle on the williams wall and got the first down, their d line was getting shredded.

if the jets receivers dont drop a few passes this game would have been 17-0 at the half instead of 9-0.

Santonio looked like he was on vacation the past month because he dropped half the balls thrown at him, Sanchez hit him on a deep pass right in the chest and santonio dropped it, what a disgrace.

Davej
10-12-2010, 07:41 PM
Last night, the jets receivers had more drops than I have ever seen in an NFL game in my life it was mind boggling, i counted at least 10 passes that hit receivers in the hands and were dropped. Alot of that could be attributed to the monsoon that decided to strike the meadowlands right when the game went on but the vikings receivers didnt seem to have a problem.

And the jets offense wasn't pitiful they ran for over 150 yards the most ever against a vikings defense in over 3 years. LT on 3rd and 15 ran right up the middle on the williams wall and got the first down, their d line was getting shredded.

if the jets receivers dont drop a few passes this game would have been 17-0 at the half instead of 9-0.

Santonio looked like he was on vacation the past month because he dropped half the balls thrown at him, Sanchez hit him on a deep pass right in the chest and santonio dropped it, what a disgrace.

also Tim Hasselbeck earlier today on ESPN said that those special Breast Cancer footballs are more slick dry than the normal footballs, so the rain just made that worse.

thespygatetapes
10-12-2010, 07:49 PM
also Tim Hasselbeck earlier today on ESPN said that those special Breast Cancer footballs are more slick dry than the normal footballs, so the rain just made that worse.

they actually have special breast cancer footballs? wow...that is taking this TOO FAR

why the heck would they even consider changing a part of the game for that?

favre fumbled twice as a result, sanchez looked like a lot of passes slipped out of his grasp at the last second causing him to underthrow or overthrow depending on the pass, and he didnt even have gloves.

Fuerue
10-13-2010, 01:08 PM
Save the tata's!

lf911sc
10-16-2010, 09:01 PM
Perfectly stated J. When a defense is strong and successfully get pressure on Sanchez, he gets flustered. Go back and look at every game where he has pressure and you'll see how bad his performance is.
Shocking.

So lets get this straight. Your theory is that when faced with a stout D, when they get to the QB, Sanchez gets a little flustered? Yet still wins the game.

Again this is shocking, and proves just how lucky Sanchez is. LOL

BTW, the only game where Sanchez was rushed was the fins game, he hardly struggled that game. In fact the only game he didn't do much was the Ravens, either by choice of the OC or by checking down too often, either way it's not the way they're doing things now.

ukilledkenny
10-25-2010, 10:11 AM
I'm sure the irony of this thread won't be lost on anyone.

JETSJETSJETS
10-25-2010, 02:13 PM
i think they got a good run game, Sanchez looked real shaky, d is overrated. is it good? ya its pretty solid, but far from the great d the jet fans make them out to be.

I will bump this post everytime the Jets D wins a game for them. So far they have won three games where they've stopped opponents potential game winning drives.

10-25-2010, 03:28 PM
Hahaha this is awesome and pathetic.

After a win where we happen to kick a lot of FG's....we get called the "New York Field Goals"

Let me play:

New York AFC East Leaders

New York NFL Win's Leaders

Miami Vagina Foreheads