PDA

View Full Version : Say what you will about Rex and the Jets...

Phin-Phan 66
10-12-2010, 01:03 AM
But they are damn good and your lying to yourself if you wouldn't want him leading our team.

I love the attitude and swagger they have and wish we had some more of it here in Miami.

finnns2000
10-12-2010, 01:06 AM
You want a confident and winning coach over *****boy Soprano and his "play not to lose" mentality? C'mon, you're a bad fan man.

Ilovemyfins4eva
10-12-2010, 01:08 AM
But they are damn good and your lying to yourself if you wouldn't want him leading our team.

I love the attitude and swagger they have and wish we had some more of it here in Miami.
wat were u saying, i got to distracted by ur avatar.

HurriPhin
10-12-2010, 01:09 AM

Why the **** would I lie to myself. I would never want that arrogant ******* as my coach... never.

JCane
10-12-2010, 01:12 AM
Why the **** would I lie to myself. I would never want that arrogant ******* as my coach... never.

Bull****. He wins games. It's all about winning right? I want to win. And I'd take Rex Ryan over Tony Sparano all day long. Had we gone out and been the ones that hired Rex Ryan in the beginning everyone here would LOVE him. But because he's with the Jets, we can't say anything good about him because deep down inside it pisses us off that the Jets are good, the Jets are going to win the division, and the Dolphins flat out STINK. We hate it and we don't want to admit it.

Phin-Phan 66
10-12-2010, 01:14 AM
You want a confident and winning coach over *****boy Soprano and his "play not to lose" mentality? C'mon, you're a bad fan man.

That's exactly it - playing not to lose. It's an attitude NY has. They say "we're better than you and we'll prove it on the field".

Call me a bad fan or whatever, but I appreciate good football and NY is playing it right now.

I wish the Dolphins would play more aggresive but we have a long way to go.

HurriPhin
10-12-2010, 01:16 AM
Bull****. He wins games. It's all about winning right? I want to win. And I'd take Rex Ryan over Tony Sparano all day long. Had we gone out and been the ones that hired Rex Ryan in the beginning everyone here would LOVE him. But because he's with the Jets, we can't say anything good about him because deep down inside it pisses us off that the Jets are good, the Jets are going to win the division, and the Dolphins flat out STINK. We hate it and we don't want to admit it.

Sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but I hate the way he carries himself. Don't like the guy in any which way or manner. I think he is disgraceful to the NFL and his hoodlum team will eat itself.

finnns2000
10-12-2010, 01:19 AM
That's exactly it - playing not to lose. It's an attitude NY has. They say "we're better than you and we'll prove it on the field".

Call me a bad fan or whatever, but I appreciate good football and NY is playing it right now.

I wish the Dolphins would play more aggresive but we have a long way to go.

You missed the sarcasm...

Phin-Phan 66
10-12-2010, 01:23 AM
You missed the sarcasm...

I didn't miss it, just knew the flamers would start hitting this thread.

finnns2000
10-12-2010, 01:24 AM
I didn't miss it, just knew the flamers would start hitting this thread.

They're out for blood. Be careful. :lol:

JCane
10-12-2010, 01:25 AM
No one here banged on Rex Ryan when he ran his mouth in Baltimore. Didn't really bother anyone until he went to New York. Now we're all moralist.

Raise your hand if you want to win football games...

Phin-Phan 66
10-12-2010, 01:27 AM
Sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but I hate the way he carries himself. Don't like the guy in any which way or manner. I think he is disgraceful to the NFL and his hoodlum team will eat itself.

That may very well be, but they are swinging for the fences and trying to win. I wish I can say the same for us.

Finland
10-12-2010, 01:29 AM

I'm fine with the post by finnns2000 and Phin-Phan 66. Been cheering my whole life. But I am not fan of many things that have gone down lately. A fan does not have to be onside with everything. A prefer fans to get pissed off, be a fan of "good football too". Rex has his team playing well, has picked up good players - other's cast offs and is getting performance out of them and he has been great for ticket sales and fan excitement.

madmic21
10-12-2010, 01:30 AM
Rex deserves credit but he can keep his butt in new york for all I care. Now some of those football players. I aint too proud to say that there talent level is impressive. Coaching helps but it is a lot easier to coach when you run out that defense, oline, and wrs te,running backs core.

amir7
10-12-2010, 01:36 AM
hahaha, wow, if anything, tonights game did anything but make me wish for Rex Ryan. The jets did everything to lose this game. Did you see the time management around the 2 minute warning. If that was sparano, you guys would be killing him right now. Also, Ryan's arrogance is going to lose games for them. all out blitzes on third and long are getting very predictable. The vikings picked up on it in the second half and gashed them play after play, and if favre completes that easy pass to harvin on the last drive, hes still running right now.

I do give the Jets credit, they are a good team, and Ryan is a good head coach, but tonight would not be the best night to make that argument.

madmic21
10-12-2010, 01:47 AM
No doubt. The jets are definately lucky that the Vikes basically crapped themselves a few times when the jets handed them a game. 3 or 4 passes that I could have hit at least 60 percent of the time. Bad clock management. Bad redzone play. Bad coaching decisions---2pt try ect. Game could have easily went other way. But I don't want to take away from the fact the jets still won.

HurriPhin
10-12-2010, 01:47 AM
No one here banged on Rex Ryan when he ran his mouth in Baltimore. Didn't really bother anyone until he went to New York. Now we're all moralist.

Raise your hand if you want to win football games...

Oh please, he never had the pulpit in Baltimore that he does now.

Phin-Phan 66
10-12-2010, 01:58 AM

That's true. He's now a head coach instead of a DC. And he's in the media capital of the world.
My point is the attitude he brings. His players love to play for him and would run through a wall for him.
He calls an aggresive game for sure and it won't work for him week in and week out, but that D is fun to watch.

He reminds me of those great Hurricane teams of the past. Talking **** and backing it up.

JCane
10-12-2010, 02:02 AM

Dude still ran his mouth. It's his nature. That's the point I was trying to make. Anyone could have seen his obnoxiousness coming. It's New York. He's always going to have a mic in front of him. It's not like he went to New York and all of a sudden his a loud mouth obnoxious *******. Doesn't work that way. Rex Ryan has been this way for YEARS.

HurriPhin
10-12-2010, 02:13 AM
Dude still ran his mouth. It's his nature. That's the point I was trying to make. Anyone could have seen his obnoxiousness coming. It's New York. He's always going to have a mic in front of him. It's not like he went to New York and all of a sudden his a loud mouth obnoxious *******. Doesn't work that way. Rex Ryan has been this way for YEARS.

Agreed. Just don't agree with the way he would represent my team as HC.

HurriPhin
10-12-2010, 02:15 AM
That's true. He's now a head coach instead of a DC. And he's in the media capital of the world.
My point is the attitude he brings. His players love to play for him and would run through a wall for him.
He calls an aggresive game for sure and it won't work for him week in and week out, but that D is fun to watch.

He reminds me of those great Hurricane teams of the past. Talking **** and backing it up.

I see your point here as those Cane years will always be close to my heart, but for the most part it was the players who ran their mouths, not the coach. But again valid point.

Phear
10-12-2010, 03:03 AM
hahaha, wow, if anything, tonights game did anything but make me wish for Rex Ryan. The jets did everything to lose this game. Did you see the time management around the 2 minute warning. If that was sparano, you guys would be killing him right now. Also, Ryan's arrogance is going to lose games for them. all out blitzes on third and long are getting very predictable. The vikings picked up on it in the second half and gashed them play after play, and if favre completes that easy pass to harvin on the last drive, hes still running right now.

I do give the Jets credit, they are a good team, and Ryan is a good head coach, but tonight would not be the best night to make that argument.

Let me say this slowly for the ones lacking football knowledge. It WAS NOT the coaching staffs fault with that last drill. Sanchez snapped the ball too early. Had he snapped the ball with the play clock at 1, that would would have taken them to the 2min warning. So basically had Sanchez snapped with 1sec on the play clock or the jets ran the ball they both would have had the same result. 2min warning.

jetsfan1
10-12-2010, 03:39 AM

That error was actually on Sanchez not the CS, he hiked the ball to early. If he waited till 2 seconds to hike it the 2 min. warning would have taken place after that play, he didn't & you witnessed the result, fortunately we still got the win. Sanchez will live & learn, this is only his 2nd yr. I do have to say that if this had occurred in the past we would have found a way to lose that game but now we find a way to win them. REX IS THE MAN

jetsfan1
10-12-2010, 03:42 AM
No doubt. The jets are definately lucky that the Vikes basically crapped themselves a few times when the jets handed them a game. 3 or 4 passes that I could have hit at least 60 percent of the time. Bad clock management. Bad redzone play. Bad coaching decisions---2pt try ect. Game could have easily went other way. But I don't want to take away from the fact the jets still won.

This goes both ways, how many times were we in the red zone & only came away w/field goals, if we had scored TD's on those drives this would have been a blow out.

Jetsfan80
10-12-2010, 03:45 AM
Rex deserves credit but he can keep his butt in new york for all I care. Now some of those football players. I aint too proud to say that there talent level is impressive. Coaching helps but it is a lot easier to coach when you run out that defense, oline, and wrs te,running backs core.

Of course talent matters, and Rex is as good at evaluating talent as anyone. He brought Bart Scott and Jim Leonhard over from Baltimore to run his scheme. He made players out of relative nobodies like Mike DeVito, Sione Pouha, and Drew Coleman. And on the offensive side of the ball, do you really think he didn't play a part in trading up for Mark Sanchez and Shonn Greene, or going after guys like LT and Santonio Holmes? Rex is a better recruiter than any college coach you'll ever see. Fact is, players want to play for Rex.

Jet Offensive
10-12-2010, 06:49 AM

wanna know what i think is disgraceful? that the dolphins will have yet another celebrity owner added to the mix. birdman? lol....i think it's an embarrassment. wtf is the point?

Jet Offensive
10-12-2010, 06:56 AM

how abotu all the droppped passes that new york had? it goes both ways. you either make plays or you don't. you can't go around saying "if the vikings made more plays they would have won". well no ****. this is the nfl.......and these are nfl teams. you can say that about almost any game that's not a blowout. in the end, what matters if if you go tthe W. the jets just got the W on a day that they were not playing their best football. and give credit to the vikings for being a big part of the reason that the jets weren't playing their best football. that's a pretty good team no matter what their record is.

championjets69
10-12-2010, 09:46 AM
Well you can hire Rexes bro Rob Ryan presently the DC of the Browns :lol2:

championjets69
10-12-2010, 09:54 AM
You can say exactly the same about the NYJs

5 FGs instead of TD

Dropped passes by Braylon & Santonio & Keller

Revis not a factor in the game whatsoever

Sanchez hiking the ball before the play clock expired so we could run the game clock down to the 2 minute warning

The NYJs not playing there best still were able to get the W whereas if I remember the Dolphs lost back to back games to the NYJs & the Pats

:lol2:

PhinsTD
10-12-2010, 10:18 AM
Man, I absolutely envy the way they play football. They come after you, and after you. A big eff you to you and your offense the entire game. They hit you, and hit you, and hit you. Eventually, it breaks you.

On offense, they hit you, and hit you, and hit you. They spread you out and have some solid receivers. Sanchez is getting better, and gives them some hope.

That is a football team that wants to win, and win now. They keep getting solid players on the cheap, and taking chances. It could all blow up in their faces, but I would LOVE for the Phins to man up, and try to win now, and bully teams regardless of what they want to do.

I love Miami, and always will, but I do envy the way the Jets are playing football right now. I can live without the off the field stuff, but on it, they just keep punching.

It's the exact opposite of what Miami normally does.

Jet Offensive
10-12-2010, 11:35 AM
Man, I absolutely envy the way they play football. They come after you, and after you. A big eff you to you and your offense the entire game. They hit you, and hit you, and hit you. Eventually, it breaks you.

On offense, they hit you, and hit you, and hit you. They spread you out and have some solid receivers. Sanchez is getting better, and gives them some hope.

That is a football team that wants to win, and win now. They keep getting solid players on the cheap, and taking chances. It could all blow up in their faces, but I would LOVE for the Phins to man up, and try to win now, and bully teams regardless of what they want to do.

I love Miami, and always will, but I do envy the way the Jets are playing football right now. I can live without the off the field stuff, but on it, they just keep punching.

It's the exact opposite of what Miami normally does.

this is true. and while i get frustrated with ryan's stubborness to sell out.....at least they do keep punching. unfortunately all the man coverage and sell out blitzes tends to get exploited now and again.....and it is maddening at times. but i am mostly ok with his "go out swinging" style of coaching. i mean seriously....here is a hof qb in favre last night, with a hot hand all of a sudden. the dud ehas th eball with 1:30 left an donly needs a FG to win the game and ryan is dialing up an all-out blitz, lol. the dude has balls.

Fuerue
10-12-2010, 11:36 AM
Everytime I try to reply to this thread with well thought out and valid points, my thoughts get all jumbled by Phin Phan 66's avatar. Good lord!!

Shiby
10-12-2010, 11:43 AM
We would love Ryan if he was our coach. Imagine him being up in NY giving the finger to Jets fans saying we're going to sweep them this season instead of doing it to Dolphin fans in Miami? Hell, fans here were praising a fan that actually put his dick on another man in Miami a couple weeks ago just cause it was a mouthy Jets fan. As if we needed more reasons for opposing fans to think we're gay...

Jet Offensive
10-12-2010, 11:58 AM
We would love Ryan if he was our coach. Imagine him being up in NY giving the finger to Jets fans saying we're going to sweep them this season instead of doing it to Dolphin fans in Miami? Hell, fans here were praising a fan that actually put his dick on another man in Miami a couple weeks ago just cause it was a mouthy Jets fan. As if we needed more reasons for opposing fans to think we're gay...

ryan is the type of coach you love if he is coaching your team but despise if he is coaching your rival.

ukilledkenny
10-12-2010, 12:53 PM
You guys realize your trying to win football games not the most liked award in the yearbook right?