PDA

View Full Version : Chances the Broncos beat NY?

IronChef
10-12-2010, 10:09 AM
What do you guys think? Is it realistic with their injuries to think that Denver could beat the Jets?

clownfish
10-12-2010, 10:12 AM
No. Sorry. Not a chance, IMO. They have no running game to speak of. We need to beat the Pack this Sunday for sure to stay in the race.

Ilovemyfins4eva
anything can happen especially with the jets coming off a short week and flying out west. right now, i would say the jets, due to everyone on denvers defense being hurt, but i hope i am dead wrong and the jets lose. their is nothing i hate more than the jets.

Tunaphish429
Denver has the fire power to beat the Jets...also the Jets have been getting torched by the pass..Thats what the Broncos do best as of right now..

I just wonder if the Broncos line can hold up...The Ravens shredded them pretty good this past week.

Swantoon
10-12-2010, 10:15 AM
Broncos have about a 5% chance of beating the Jets. Sanchez will have to throw about 4 picks for the Broncos to have a shot.

timwendt58
10-12-2010, 10:17 AM
Kyle Orton has been playing pretty well this season. They may not have a good run game right now but they have a solid passing game. Eddie Royal is an underrated receiver in this league. Their defense concerns me though.

MiamiDolphins34
10-12-2010, 10:21 AM
They have maroney and moreno...they arent bad RBs.

Ilovemyfins4eva
10-12-2010, 10:21 AM
people mentioning they have a good passing game, they seem like texas tech from a couple of years ago with crabtree and graham harral at qb, all this offense does is pass like 45-50 times a game. its so predictable. the ravens sunday started the game with 5 d backs starting.

broncos are way to predictable and are not going to win many games.

Miami 13
10-12-2010, 10:22 AM
Denver has a great chance of winning.

Swantoon
10-12-2010, 10:31 AM
people mentioning they have a good passing game, they seem like texas a&m from a couple of years ago with crabtree and graham harral at qb, all this offense does is pass like 45-50 times a game. its so predictable. the ravens sunday started the game with 5 d backs starting.

broncos are way to predictable and are not going to win many games.

Texas Tech

Ilovemyfins4eva
10-12-2010, 10:34 AM
Texas Techgood catch. my bad

MadDog 88
10-12-2010, 10:36 AM
The Jets have a history of being weak when playing on the west coast though last season they did win in Oakland. Coming off a short week in a big MNF game could give Denver a chance to pull off the upset.

datruth55
10-12-2010, 10:49 AM
Not happening.

Locke
10-12-2010, 10:54 AM
Less than 5%. Their offense plays right into the teeth of that Jets defense...

Ilovemyfins4eva
10-12-2010, 11:04 AM
Less than 5%. Their offense plays right into the teeth of that Jets defense...
the jets pass d is vastly overrated, its just the fact that the jets, as well as every team playing denver knows wat denver is going to do with the ball so they can protect against it much easier. thats why it will be hard for denver to win.

milo
10-12-2010, 11:06 AM
Seriously the Dolphins are getting Green Bay gift-wrapped to them. I really hope the CS isn't sitting around wondering if Denver can beat the Jets.

Concentrate on things you can control.

MetalKev
10-12-2010, 11:08 AM
well Moreno is coming back this week should help out their running game a little

elite14eva
10-12-2010, 11:09 AM
won't happen

championjets69
10-12-2010, 11:10 AM
Last I looked Denver is quite a distance away from the West Coast. Better do some mapquesting :lol2:

The Jets have a history of being weak when playing on the west coast though last season they did win in Oakland. Coming off a short week in a big MNF game could give Denver a chance to pull off the upset.

Fins1971
10-12-2010, 11:12 AM
The Jets are 1-5 in their last 6 games in Denver. The last game had the Broncos winning 27-0 in 2005.

This isn't 2005 folks. Unless Sanchez goes turnover happy I don't see it happening.

The Bronco's just gave up 233 yards rushing to Baltimore and will now face the best rushing team in the league.

dolpns13
10-12-2010, 11:18 AM
Not a chance in hell... Jests will be 5-1 after this week...

I do keep hope however that they will flounder like Buffalo did in 2008 when they started 5-1, and then went on to finish 2-8.

Mo Lewis
10-12-2010, 11:49 AM
The Jets have the #1 ranked rush offense and the Broncos have the #25 ranked run defense. They are also going to be missing 4-5 defensive players. Baltimore was able to easily beat them because they out ran them 233-39. If that happens, it doesn't matter who you are, you will lose 9 times out of 10.

championjets69
10-12-2010, 11:54 AM
I doubt that there are 5 players that are still left on the NYJ team from that 05 team :lol2:

The Jets are 1-5 in their last 6 games in Denver. The last game had the Broncos winning 27-0 in 2005.

This isn't 2005 folks. Unless Sanchez goes turnover happy I don't see it happening.

The Bronco's just gave up 233 yards rushing to Baltimore and will now face the best rushing team in the league.

dolfan2909
10-12-2010, 12:03 PM
jets traveling to denver on a short week after a hard fought monday night win, i smell the upset! this has been the year of the underdog so anyone saying 5% chance or less is insane, if arizona can beat NO, denver can beat the jets

JB1089
10-12-2010, 12:07 PM

That's it right there. Denver has the 25th ranked run defense. Sanchez won't get the chance to throw the game away. The 155 yards we had against the Vikings was the most rushing yards they have allowed in 51 games. And with a long of 23 yards, it's not like they came on a big play or two. The Vikings were allowing 87 ypg and 3.6 ypc going into last night's game. The Broncos are currently allowing 127 ypg and 4.4 ypc. Can the Broncos win? Of course, it's the NFL and they have the altitude advantage. But there's a reason why the Jets are 3 point favorites, on the road.

iTzPoPPaBear
10-12-2010, 12:08 PM
I'm a jets fan but honestly, I don't look at any game as an automatic win, especially at in this league where anythings possible. I mean just look at week two where the scrub *** fins beat the vikings. **** happens

championjets69
10-12-2010, 12:11 PM
In reverse the NYJs just as easily can beat Den right? :lol2:

jets traveling to denver on a short week after a hard fought monday night win, i smell the upset! this has been the year of the underdog so anyone saying 5% chance or less is insane, if arizona can beat NO, denver can beat the jets

Locke
10-12-2010, 01:17 PM
the jets pass d is vastly overrated, its just the fact that the jets, as well as every team playing denver knows wat denver is going to do with the ball so they can protect against it much easier. thats why it will be hard for denver to win.

I was referring to the aggressive blitzing...

tony0021
10-12-2010, 01:57 PM
due to the atmosphere and altitude, the jets will struggle. all the jets do is kick field goals. nothing more. on MNF, they didnt beat the vikings entirely. favre gave the game to them like he does in alot of games. with passion, i hate the jets, but they are playing good football but lets see how long it would last.

Ilovemyfins4eva
10-12-2010, 02:07 PM
very simple. if Brett favre completes a pass 7-8 yds out to harvin on the last drive before the int, a pass which any professional QB should be able to make, let alone a guy who some people consider a top 10 all time QB, then the jets lose because harvin is gone. didn't happen though and the jets won.

i think its going to be hard for Denver to win only because they are one dimensional. they must try and establish the run vs the jets. i really hope they somehow come out on top of this game, because there is nothing more in the world that i hate more than the jets.

JiF
10-12-2010, 02:15 PM
One dimensional teams dont win in the NFL. There is nothing impressive about the Broncos except their passing game. The Ravens and Jets are built from the same mold, a mold that gave Denver fits. Jets should win easily but its a road game and Denver is never easy to play at. So who know's? The Jets should win though.

TedSlimmJr
10-12-2010, 02:31 PM
What's ironic is how the tone of threads started about the Jets by Dolphin fans around here have evolved....:lol:

They've gone from "Jets could start 0-5".... to "Bills will beat the Jets for their first win"... to... "Soooo WHEN the Jets lose tonight"... etc..

...to "Any chance (insert team here) can beat the Jets"? :lol:

Swantoon
10-12-2010, 02:32 PM
What's ironic is how the tone of threads started about the Jets by Dolphin fans around here have evolved....:lol:

They've gone from "Jets could start 0-5".... to "Bills will beat the Jets for their first win"... to... "Soooo WHEN the Jets lose tonight"... etc..

...to "Any chance (insert team here) can beat the Jets"? :lol:

Eventually reality slaps you in the face and wishful thinking can't overcome it.

ukilledkenny
10-12-2010, 02:36 PM
Champ Bailey shuts down somebody which means Sanchez will only have 4 guys to throw the ball to instead of 5. I wonder he is gonna cover LT, Keller, Cotchery and either Edwards or Holmes.

SabanHater
10-12-2010, 02:51 PM
I'm starting to think it's true... that some Dolphin fans are more concerned about the Jets games than the Fins games.

ukilledkenny
10-12-2010, 02:56 PM
I'm starting to think it's true... that some Dolphin fans are more concerned about the Jets games than the Fins games.

Same thing used to happen on TGG when the Jets sucked and the Pats always kicked everyone's ***. It's nice to be on the other side of it now.

Rexorcist
10-12-2010, 03:02 PM
I think the more important question for Dolphins fans is can the Phins win against Gb to keep their season from spiraling out of control.

Swantoon
10-12-2010, 03:11 PM
I think the more important question for Dolphins fans is can the Phins win against Gb to keep their season from spiraling out of control.
It won't matter if we can't bean NY and NE. And we have shown that we cannot, so we are in trouble either way.

jfaulknercahill
10-12-2010, 03:15 PM
why do you care if the broncos have a chance to beat the jets? you guys are probably screwed already.

2 home losses to divisional opponents.

and i doubt anybody will be laying down to you guys at the end of the season.

Swantoon
10-12-2010, 03:20 PM
why do you care if the broncos have a chance to beat the jets? you guys are probably screwed already.

and i doubt anybody will be laying down to you guys at the end of the season.
Because we are hoping the Jets and Pats implode giving us a chance even though we suck.

Ilovemyfins4eva
10-12-2010, 03:40 PM

and i doubt anybody will be laying down to you guys at the end of the season.by years end, im not worried, we will be on top of the division. maybe this will be the year we meet in the playoffs? hasnt been in a while since we played each other in the playoffs.

sleeps w/fishes
10-12-2010, 03:49 PM
Snuck a peek as the upcoming week's betting lines, and the Jets and Pats are favored by three, while Miami is a 6.5 point underdog. Two of the three lines surprised me. I think the Jets should win on the road, but I think the Pats will get beaten down by the Ravens, and that Miami should be able to take out an injury depleted Green Bay.

oasis
10-12-2010, 03:50 PM
by years end, im not worried, we will be on top of the division. maybe this will be the year we meet in the playoffs? hasnt been in a while since we played in the playoffs.

I seriously want what you are smoking. I mean, seriously. Tell me what it is and how much you will charge me for it and I will be on the first flight to NY to obtain it from you.

Ilovemyfins4eva
10-12-2010, 03:55 PM
I seriously want what you are smoking. I mean, seriously. Tell me what it is and how much you will charge me for it and I will be on the first flight to NY to obtain it from you.
alright man but its going to be expensive. its going to cost you around 200 dollars.

KlausC
10-12-2010, 03:59 PM
due to the atmosphere and altitude, the jets will struggle. all the jets do is kick field goals. nothing more. on MNF, they didnt beat the vikings entirely. favre gave the game to them like he does in alot of games. with passion, i hate the jets, but they are playing good football but lets see how long it would last.

You realize the Jets are 4th in the league in points per game? All they do is kick FG's? Try watching more than 1 game.

BigNastyDB13
10-12-2010, 05:26 PM
The Broncos aren't a very good team so the chances of them winning are slim but the Jets haven't looked very impressive against the pass. Revis looks mediocre but Cromartie is picking up the slack. I think you can get to the Jets D by spreading them out and getting rid of the ball quick, something the Broncos do well so the Broncos could pull off the victory. Plus the Jets have been crazy lucky this year. Henning has his typical senile moments with play-calling, Favre cant hit a wide open WR to save his life, and Sanchez has thrown at least 3 passes that were easy picks that ended up as incompletions. He's due to turn it over. Still, if I'm betting on the game and the lines -3 Jets, I'm taking the Jets.

jfleag61
10-12-2010, 05:50 PM
I would love to see the jests lose, but we need to take care of our own business first. If we don't win, doesn't really matter...except it would keep us from falling ANOTHER game behind.

UHHS
10-12-2010, 07:05 PM
Chances are Slim and none and Slim just left town. R U serious ? The Jets blitz packages are going to be too much for the Denver Oline to handle. Denvers QB is going to be face planted many many maaaaaany times.

rev kev
10-12-2010, 11:37 PM
The Broncos aren't a very good team so the chances of them winning are slim but the Jets haven't looked very impressive against the pass. Revis looks mediocre but Cromartie is picking up the slack. I think you can get to the Jets D by spreading them out and getting rid of the ball quick, something the Broncos do well so the Broncos could pull off the victory. Plus the Jets have been crazy lucky this year. Henning has his typical senile moments with play-calling, Favre cant hit a wide open WR to save his life, and Sanchez has thrown at least 3 passes that were easy picks that ended up as incompletions. He's due to turn it over. Still, if I'm betting on the game and the lines -3 Jets, I'm taking the Jets.

In only three games I have watched he threw what could have been 5-6 balls that should have been INTs - it is hard to believe...
But it is what it is...

ace_o_spades
10-13-2010, 12:01 AM
Aren't the Broncos missing 5 players? Their secondary is pretty banged up and they're 25th in the league in rushing defense. The Jets should be able to move the ball really well. The Broncos passing game is good so it may be a higher scoring game than I'd like but I think the Jets win.

Batroc
10-13-2010, 12:31 AM
The Vikings have Favre, Moss, and Peterson and couldn't quite get it done. Orton, Maroney, and Royal doesn't inspire much confidence as far as Denver's chances go. Anything can happen in the NFL on any given Sunday though.

mindstate
10-13-2010, 10:10 AM
I'm worried about this game, probably a bit more than I was about Minnesota. Denver's passing game is greater than the sum of its parts. None of the names jump out at you but they get it done somehow, not unlike the Patriots prior to Moss/Welker. Meanwhile our pass defense has been pretty shaky. They have several outlet options on any given pass play and use the short passing game well, so those overload blitzes are going to backfire on us if they don't hit home. They are pretty one-dimensional though so hopefully not having to load up on their run game makes defending the pass easier.

On offense we'll have a chance to dominate time of possession against an weak front 7 that will be missing 2 LBs. So hopefully it plays out similar to the Buffalo game as far as controlling the clock.

Mrmiami
10-13-2010, 12:20 PM
Just one small problem, Denver is technically not on the west "Coast" but close enough in my book and your right, short week after a very wet monday nighter heading into colder temps,higher elevations and windy conditions may just level out the teams. Could come down to whoever has the ball last and scores and we all know how Sanchez just Lovzzzz those cooler temps!

nyjunc
10-13-2010, 12:39 PM

We won in oakland and at SD in the playoffs last year. I think the West Coast thing is overblown b/c we were so bad 2 years ago but outside of '08 in the last 10 years;

2009: 2-0, Oak and SD(playoffs)
2008: 0-4, lost to SD, Oak, Sea, SF
2007: 0-0
2006: 0-0
2005: 0-0
2004: 2-0, beat SD twice(2nd meeting in playoffs)
2003: 1-0. beat oak
2002: 1-2, beat SD and lost to Oak twice(one in playoffs)
2001: 1-1, aplit w/ Oak(lost in playoffs)
2000: 0-1, lost at Oak

Outside of '08 we've done a good job out West.

Where we haven't done well is at Denver. The only time I can remember off the top of my head winning in denver was 1999.

JETSJETSJETS
10-13-2010, 12:51 PM
anything can happen especially with the jets coming off a short week and flying out west. right now, i would say the jets, due to everyone on denvers defense being hurt, but i hope i am dead wrong and the jets lose. their is nothing i hate more than the jets.

Hmmm...so I see you've already found an excuse.