PDA

View Full Version : Fin fans: Need your help. Being offered lots of $ to miss last game of the season.

hennerocks
10-12-2010, 11:29 AM
So i am a huge dolphins fan and i have a family event ( a wedding) on janurary 2nd and really dont wanna have to go especially since it can be a potential playoff game, but my dad has offered me $5,000 in exchange for going to the wedding that day and missing the game. what should i do _ take the money or go to the game? i am, of course only reffering to the fact if the game means something. otherwise, i will definatley take the $
thanks for all your advice

SuperMarksBros.
10-12-2010, 11:31 AM
I mean, I bleed aqua & orange, but $5000 is $5000, especially for week 17 games that are usually pretty meaningless across the board

Swantoon
10-12-2010, 11:33 AM
Take the money. You can watch Henne suck any time.

Ilovemyfins4eva
10-12-2010, 11:40 AM
So i am a huge dolphins fan and i have a family event ( a wedding) on janurary 2nd and really dont wanna have to go especially since it can be a potential playoff game, but my dad has offered me $5,000 in exchange for going to the wedding that day and missing the game. what should i do _ take the money or go to the game? i am, of course only reffering to the fact if the game means something. otherwise, i will definatley take the $
if its a playoff game, watch the game.

i mean if it were me, and it was a do or die game, although 5000 is a ton for just going to a wedding, it would be really difficult for me to miss that kind of game, even for that money.

i would watch the game if it was do or die, and if the fins lost, id prob kill myself after.

vafins
10-12-2010, 11:46 AM
take the money dude especially if you are talking about just watching the game on the tv

JEDIJ007
10-12-2010, 11:47 AM

I second that.

MP-Omnis
10-12-2010, 11:56 AM
Why would you skip a wedding (unless it was really, really bad like the last one I went to) for a football game? I mean, it's your family that is getting married, right? It'd be one thing to skip it if it was a friend or neighbor, but it's family and besides that you're getting 5 large. This one should be a no brainer.

kud
10-12-2010, 11:58 AM
Take the money and save it for next season, or buy a playoff tick if we should be so fortunate to make it.

dolpns13
10-12-2010, 11:58 AM
Its simple..

Take the 5k.. The fins will be there next year, the 5k wont... A win is not garaunteed, the 5k is.

HurriPhin
10-12-2010, 12:00 PM
If you can put a price on your fanhood and live with it, than that's on you.

Tunaphish429
10-12-2010, 12:01 PM
Do you already have tickets?

If so ...I would say give the tickets to me and take the 5 k

haha

Swantoon
10-12-2010, 12:03 PM
If you can put a price on your fanhood and live with it, than that's on you.
If somebody wants to pay me to not watch games live I would be all for it. I'll root for the Phins, but I needs money.

foozool13
10-12-2010, 12:04 PM
$5000 ... EASILY...wrap it up

championjets69
10-12-2010, 12:08 PM
The game will be meaningless for the Fins so take the $$$$$$$$ & run :chuckle:

ZILLA
10-12-2010, 12:19 PM
tivo that ****

slosh13
10-12-2010, 12:20 PM
Get a DVR or order Direct TV mobile for 1 week and still be up $4800!!!! Your dad must have some jack in order to pay that out.... Or its a test from your old man to see if you really will collect!

Vaark
10-12-2010, 12:23 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

noworries
10-12-2010, 12:27 PM
Take the money and don't look back.

NCPhinatic
10-12-2010, 12:36 PM
I'd take the money and then listen to it on my phone.

Tunaphish429
10-12-2010, 01:02 PM
Man 5 k your Dad...

A. Must be loaded..

B. must have another son that embarasses him all the time and wants you to come and overshadow him..

C. is afriad of you..

D. or is a complete liar...

72champagne
10-12-2010, 01:18 PM
send me the money and the tickets. enjoy the wedding.

aesop
10-12-2010, 01:24 PM
Must be loaded for this kid to even consider not taking the money. If you're that set in the money department that you even consider not taking the money, you are a spoiled motherf'er.

Adam First
10-12-2010, 01:35 PM
Sell the tickets and pocket the $5K. Have fun at the wedding!

X-Pacolypse
10-12-2010, 02:33 PM
I'm not a fan of big weddings myself. I think they're a giant, overblown, waste of money. If it was me, I would swallow my pride go to the wedding and take the money. 5k is 5k, as Ted DiBiase once said: "everybody has a price."

Bumpus
10-12-2010, 06:45 PM
For 5 large - I'll fly to your location, disguise myself as you, and be the life of the wedding while you enjoy the game.

Your family will be talking about your exploits for years to come. :up:

Lester
10-12-2010, 07:50 PM
Heres my advice.

Send the tickets to a fan who desperately wants to get to a game (me), donate the money to a charity or someone else who really needs it, and realize just how nice you have it. I can realistically afford to go to one game a year, and this year I'm not sure about that. I'm not complaining. I work hard and provide for my family well enough. Money for gameday is just tight these days. On top of that, I wish I could pay 5000 just to see my late father one more time. Many people on these boards are going through much more trying times in this economy.

You are pretty fortunate my friend! Kudos.

I can PM you my address for the tix and send u updates from the game. =)

rdksek844
10-12-2010, 08:12 PM
Show me the money!!!!

jtsacksyou
10-12-2010, 08:19 PM
Im sorry but this is a stupid thread really. Im going to be missing this weekends game (until later sunday night), because of my nephews birthday party. Family first.. football is just a game. Its ridiculous that you have to be given money to go to a family event.

Travis34
10-12-2010, 08:41 PM
...are you freakin serious?!

afphinfan
10-12-2010, 08:55 PM
First things first: are you the one getting married? If so, 5 large ain't enough ... run!! If not you but you have to ask a football forum for advice, umm ... go to the wedding for free; you might get laid!!

Ilovemyfins4eva
10-12-2010, 09:00 PM
First things first: are you the one getting married? If so, 5 large ain't enough ... run!! If not you but you have to ask a football forum for advice, umm ... go to the wedding for free; you might get laid!!
maybe im reading this wrong and i hope i am, but did you really just ask if he was the one getting married? i mean why would someone pay him to miss his own wedding? that wouldnt make sense.

miamiron
10-12-2010, 09:02 PM
so i am a huge dolphins fan and i have a family event ( a wedding) on janurary 2nd and really dont wanna have to go especially since it can be a potential playoff game, but my dad has offered me $5,000 in exchange for going to the wedding that day and missing the game. What should i do _ take the money or go to the game? I am, of course only reffering to the fact if the game means something. Otherwise, i will definatley take the $

dvr

Mogwai
10-12-2010, 09:33 PM
maybe im reading this wrong and i hope i am, but did you really just ask if he was the one getting married? i mean why would someone pay him to miss his own wedding? that wouldnt make sense.
It would make sense depending on what the girl looked like.

Give me the $5000 and I'll go to the wedding for you, dude.

finnns2000
10-12-2010, 09:40 PM
5 grand or a chance to watch a 6-10 football team play a meaningless game? No QUESTION you take the money and drink up some champagne at a day that actually matters to you.

1 dol fan
10-12-2010, 10:01 PM
Take the money... Tivo the game. Its a Win-Win...

Also, be sure to threaten all near you to "rip their ****ing heads off if they do so much as mention who scores first!"

vagrantprodigy
10-12-2010, 10:09 PM
Are you crazy? Take the money. I wish someone would offer me money not to watch a game. Hell, I'm missing every game for the rest of the season because of my new job, and that only pays me like 90 a day.

Travis34
10-12-2010, 10:40 PM
5 grand or a chance to watch a 6-10 football team play a meaningless game? No QUESTION you take the money and drink up some champagne at a day that actually matters to you.

I forgot we were 6-10

Phintron3000
10-12-2010, 10:41 PM

If you don't have anything intelligent to say then just sit down.

JCane
10-12-2010, 10:49 PM
Go to the game. Eff that $5000. Go to the bank and borrow $6000. Then bet on the Dolphins to lose and make $5000. Now you have both.

What's the problem?

Stefins
10-12-2010, 11:06 PM
Depending on how close you are to this person.

You are a fool if you take money from your father....
but you might already have a silver spoon in your mouth.....

tylerdolphin
10-12-2010, 11:27 PM
You do realize that you can buy the game off nlf.com and watch it later, right? This is literally the dumbest thread I have ever read, and I was around for the "Zach to SS" thread.

Possum
10-12-2010, 11:27 PM
Can a day go by when we don't turn everything into a i hate henne thread.

JCane
10-12-2010, 11:29 PM
You do realize that you can buy the game off nlf.com and watch it later, right? This is literally the dumbest thread I have ever read, and I was around for the "Zach to SS" thread.

You see me in my Zach Thomas SS jersey??

tylerdolphin
10-12-2010, 11:34 PM
You see me in my Zach Thomas SS jersey??
Receipts or it didnt happen.

finnns2000
10-12-2010, 11:39 PM
I forgot we were 6-10

Did you forget what a prediction is?

Flip Tanneflop
10-12-2010, 11:57 PM
Someone besides me(for once) please post something that gets this god damn thread moved to the ****ing depths. Please.

Flip Tanneflop
10-13-2010, 12:40 AM
OK. Now were getting somewhere.

First let me point out the main point of this post. OP....Kid, youre a complete and total douche. And I say this because its obvious. I have the facts to prove it just based off a couple of your posts. Let me point out why youre a total dip**** and should probably have your *** kicked.

1) There is obviously a strong chance your story is complete bull****. If that is the case........Youre a douche.

2) Lets suppose your story is completely true. Youre still a douchebag. Lets examine why.

A) There is no way in hell youre actually weighing the ****ing options. Even if youre a spoiled, whiney, ****ing silver spoon douchebag that needs his *** kicked, you would still take the 5 grand. Given the fact that youre young, you cant have real wealth, only your parents. So youre going to take the 5 grand. So the fact you even posted such **** on the main board to waste our ****ing time with is ****ing pathetic. You will take the 5 grand and spend it on stupid **** that spoiled little ****s like yourself spend money on.

B) Even if youre this spoiled little **** who's father would foolishly give you 5 grand just to attend this wedding, you only posted about it to try and look cool. You have all of 16 posts and yet this is one of them.

c) Why the **** do you need our help deciding what to do on this issue? Oh wait.....you dont. Ive already established that. The fact you even act like this is some tough choice in life shows how ****ing ignorant you are. Come back when you have a real problem that you could use some advice on. Actually, dont. Ask other people. Because **** you.

Bottom line is this kiddo, just do what you want to do. This isnt a difficult choice. You already posted about this minus the 5 grand part. Im certain you posted the first time about simply "watching the game on tv" and not actually going to it. Im not sure what the real situation is. Some poster mentioned something about you "going" to the game. Either way, just make a choice.

But, if you decide to go to the wedding, dont take money from your father to do so. Thats ****ing weak. In fact, your father should just dominate your ****ing ***. It seems like he hasnt so far if what you are saying is true. The fact he would offer you 5 grand is ****ing pathetic. Your father shouldve kicked your *** a long time ago. You should know the difference between HIS MONEY and money YOU EARN. Any father who can afford it should treat their kids well and occasionally buy them bull**** things to somewhat spoil them on occasion. But, this **** is absurd.

So do everyone a favor and dont post about this **** anymore. Just make a god damn choice. Your first post on the matter said it was a cousin that you hardly know. Well, if it were me I would go to the game. But, it sounds like your father really wants you to be there. If thats the case, just go to the god damned wedding to make your father happy. But, dont take his ****ing money. Thats just pathetic, lame, and weak.

I had a cousin get married 2 years ago. In Florida. He decides to get married on a Saturday during football season. Well, he obviously expected me to be a no show. Im not driving or flying to Florida and coming back on Sunday when the phins are playing. Get real. It wasnt a difficult choice in life and I dealt with the consequences of not going rather easily.

Whatever you decide to do though, stop posting here. Im tired of these lame *** ****ing threads littering up the main board. This is worse than the one with the kid talking about betting $1000 with his friend on the Jets game. The fact you have 16 posts and most of them were within the 2 threads you started about this bull**** demonstrates you dont have much to post about the phins and wont be missed. Get ****ing lost kid. Go spend about $500 of daddy's money at Abercrombie and Fitch or wherever dip****s like you buy **** these days.

I cant understand why legitimate posters responded to this thread at all other than to call this kid a douche. Why would you give a **** about this situation, which could obviously be totally fabricated, that this ******** is in? What is the main board coming to these days? Wow. Its embarrasing to the site to see a thread like this on the main board.

Also mind you that this kid didnt even realize what week of the season would be going on during this wedding. Just go look at the first thread he made about this ****. I think he said it would just be the Lions game so he might just go to the wedding. Any real fan would know this date is the last week of the regular season and know we are at New England. Now, I read something while skimming through this one where someone posted something about the first week of the playoffs. Well, I can tell you we wont have to worry about the phins playing that week this year. Personally, I wouldnt miss an NFL playoff game whether the phins were playing or not. But, thats a completely seperate issue.

Ok. Last bottom line. Chances are kid you wont be missing anything because we will have nothing to play for in week 17. But, if you want to watch or go to the game or whatever it is that is supposedly your option now, then just do it. If not, go to the ****ing wedding. Nobody really gives a **** except for your dad. I would do what he wanted you to do if he truly feels so strongly about it. But, whatever you decide, just dont ****ing post here anymore OK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mdIWaRi-7c

Flip Tanneflop
10-13-2010, 12:45 AM
Here is the original post he made on this issue btw, before the 5 grand came into play.

hi. i know i dont really post a lot, im new to this site, but i figured it was tfor my first post. but so my cousin is getting married january 2nd, which is the dolphins 2nd to last game of the season. i am a real die hard dolphins fan (i live in new york, but im even going to the game sunday and i really cant miss this game but my dads forcing me to go (im 20 years old by the way) and its my first cousin and im not close with him at all so its not like it would put a strain on my relationship with him cuz i dont even have one with him. so what should i do guys? this can be a very big game, possible.
thanks for any advice

You see the glaring differences from this new thread. Also note he is obviously clueless to the schedule and therefore most likely isnt a hardcore fan. Just a douche who feels like we should care his cousin is getting married and now we should care his dad is supposedly wealthy. ****ing douche.

tylerdolphin
10-13-2010, 12:50 AM
WV just won the interwebz

Flip Tanneflop
10-13-2010, 12:53 AM
hi guys, I'm relatively new to this site, i joined a week ago, but Ive been lurking for a while.

anyways, i have a situation that i need help with.

my best friend is getting married next Sunday the 12th, which happens to be the dolphins opening game. the wedding begins at 12pm[ i don't no why he would make it on a Sunday afternoon or Sunday for that matter to begin with].

bottom line, this guy has been my best friend for the last 15 years, but i really dont want to miss the dolphins game, especially our opener.so what do i do? four options.

1. i don't go, but that would prob strain our friendship because id be telling him the dolphins matter more than he does on his biggest day of his life.

2. show up at 12 and leave early to watch the game. i mean that's a possibility but he would prob notice if i left early.

3. show up after the game. although the wedding would be close to over, i can tell him that i had an emergency and i'm sorry and hopefully he wouldn't find out the truth.

4. tivo the game. this may sound like the best option, but its opening game and tivoing the game isn't the same. someone can easily ruin it for me and that would make tivo irrelevant, and its football so i can easily overhear people talking about games, including ours and id find the score out. id have to avoid people and it'd be really hard.

please give me your advice, because i'm stuck here. any added options would be welcomed.

Boy, this kid has some real problems with all these weddings he needs to attend. Jesus Christ. And its always a big issue for posters on here to solve for him. Make a god damned decision dude. I mean this **** just isnt difficult. Go to your friends wedding(if this really existed), and go to your cousins wedding because god damnit your dad wants you to go. Now, if we somehow wind up in a position where that last game is meaningful, **** the wedding. Watch the game. The **** isnt that hard.

Possum
10-13-2010, 12:59 AM
Id go to the game.

Flip Tanneflop
10-13-2010, 01:03 AM
the game i missed actually was the game vs the bills in 05 when we had that remarkable comeback. i had tivoed the game, but some dick told me the score of the game so it ruined what wouldve been an exciting game to see on tivo, but instead i knew the results. anyways, i still in the end did rewatch it because of how remarkable it was. since then though, have seen every single game, and dont plan on missing any time soon. this year should be great for us and am looking foward to it.

Oh really. But, then suddenly TWO seperate weddings have you stuck in such difficult options you need to poll the posters around here to figure out what to do? GET REAL!!!!!!! I call BULL****!!! This post is his 2nd on the site and not too much earlier than these wedding threads appear. What did these people just plan these HUGE weddings spur of the moment on ya? They got this **** all planned out moments after you posted this huh. :rolleyes2:

hi everyone, i just wanted to introduce myself. Ive been lurking around this site for the past couple of months, but decided to officially join now as our beloved fins take the field less than 3 weeks from now.

ive been a dolphin fan now for the past 20 years, and have only missed 1 game in that span. i live and breathe aqua and orange and i am as devoted a fan as there is. when i first got married to my lovely wife, i told her under no circumstances would i miss a dolphin game. unfourtunatley, the one i missed was because we had a baby in december due to the fact that it was born 2 months earlier then expected. i was even considering seeing the game that day but i would not be married today if i had done so.

anyways, just wanted to introduce myself, and hope to contribute as much as possible to this forum.

lets go fins.

This was his first ever post. It was in the welcome forum. Notice here he has a lovely wife and again mentions how he will not miss a game. Wierd huh.

so i am a real die hard dolphins fan, and i live in new york, so ive never gone to miami for a dolphins game before, but now i find out my girifriend suprised me for birthday on sunday and she just finally told me that she booked flights sunday morning, we're staying at the hard rock cafe (like 15 minutes away from the stadium) so its gonna be a nice gambling trip too lol. and then we're going to the game sunday, and then spend the whole sunday night and monday at the beautiful hard rock, have lots of fun gambling and not to mention, im problably also bound to get a decent amount of action on those 2 days in the bedroom. anyways im crazy excited, i cant even believe this especially since my gf hates football,its awesome how ,my girlfriend is officialy awesome! this is gonna be an awesome 2 days!

But what does your wife think about your girlfriend?

Get real. This is borderline pure troll **** now. I dont know why I wasted my time busting out that long post in this thread. I shouldve just looked at his whopping 16 posts beforehand and realized how full of inconsistancies they are. This kid is obviously full of ****.

flynryan15
10-13-2010, 06:57 AM
Goto to the wedding and bang the brides maids! They will be all horned up and will even throw your pathetic *** a piece of ***** in hopes the snag a trust fund baby! But for the better of society wear a ****ing condom! We don't need anymore of you in the gene pool! Oh and take some pics kf the lonely fat brides maid for my buddy Possum! He is a chubby chaser and has been trolling for big pics all week! ;-)

Ps
I think you are full of **** and this is the most pathetic thread i have read! Dumber then the Sparano is better then cowher ****!