PDA

View Full Version : Quote from Rex Ryan...

IronChef
10-12-2010, 03:50 PM
"4-1... Were just where we wanted to be. One of our main goals was to have the best record in the NFL at the end of the season and were right on pace"

That's what the fat man had to say last night after the game. I wanted to jump through the screen and smack the crap out of him. I just cannot fathom why he is damn arrogant and pompous. To make matter worse he is so blunt about it. Anyone think they will falter and NOT end up with the best record in the NFL come seasons end? I hope so.

iTzPoPPaBear
10-12-2010, 03:55 PM
who jizzed your coffee this morning to make you so bitter?

Davej
10-12-2010, 03:56 PM
So whats wrong with saying you want to have the best record? Isn't that the goal, to be the best? You just want to nitpick because your head coach has the personality of a medicated mental patient.

Ilovemyfins4eva
10-12-2010, 03:59 PM
i dont know why this guy keeps starting so many jet threads when what they said wasn't even pertaining to us and we don't play them for a while.

that being said, since it was started ill comment anyway. let Rex say Wat he wants, i mean that is the goal of every team [ or at least it should be] and by years end i am positive the jets will not own the best record in the NFL, or for that matter a top 5 one.

datruth55
10-12-2010, 04:00 PM
I don't see that as being arrogant. He's just making a statement about their goals. They aimed high and they are right on track, just like he said. Now most coaches don't put that out there for everyone to hear but it's not like the whole league hasn't been hearing about how great the Jets are going to be so they're not sneaking up on anybody. They get everyone's best shot...truth is only Green Bay, when fully healthy, is going to challenge them in the NFC (NFC sucks this year) and probably 3 or 4 teams in the AFC.

Dolphins should go 4-0 against the NFC this year. With Green Bay as banged up as they are we have a great shot at it. Chicago doesn't scare me, if our DBs can hold on to the ball we should get 3 picks in that game and Detroit should be a win.

It will be interesting to see what we do the second time around against the Jets. If we cut out the turnovers we'll be in it. Same thing when the Jets face the Pats second time around, Belichick will have something for them.

oasis
10-12-2010, 04:03 PM
I'm afraid those of us wishing for Rex and the Jets to falter are going to be disappointed. They've got a lot going for them this season and a lot of momentum behind them.

Ricky'sWeinerBong
10-12-2010, 04:04 PM
so he should day their goal was to be mediocre or bad? its downright comical/pathetic the threads some Phin fans will grasp at to try and bash the Jets.

foozool13
10-12-2010, 04:04 PM
REALLY? You cannot fathom why he is damn arrogant and pompous??? As much as I HATE, DESPISE, LOATH, etc.... the JETS...Its hard not to like Rex Ryan. When you are 3-0 in the division, have a stout defense, and have the best record in the NFL you can say whatever the hell you want adn dont have to give a **** what anyone else thinks. Personally I wish we had hired Rex as our coach

dolpns13
10-12-2010, 04:06 PM
He is backing up with talk with the play on the field... I see nothing wrong with it right now.

Pengh
10-12-2010, 04:07 PM
haters gon hate

Ed Norton
10-12-2010, 04:08 PM
Rex is right. The Dolphins had a chance to do something about it but instead played poorly on defense. Now we can keep listening to Rex and the media talk about great they are until Dec 12. Hopefully by then this team and coaching staff will have smartened up.

Ricky'sWeinerBong
10-12-2010, 04:13 PM
if Rex coached the Phins, many would love him.

KlausC
10-12-2010, 04:13 PM
"4-1... Were just where we wanted to be. One of our main goals was to have the best record in the NFL at the end of the season and were right on pace"

That's what the fat man had to say last night after the game. I wanted to jump through the screen and smack the crap out of him. I just cannot fathom why he is damn arrogant and pompous. To make matter worse he is so blunt about it. Anyone think they will falter and NOT end up with the best record in the NFL come seasons end? I hope so.

What exactly is arrogant about wanting to have the best record in the NFL?

Swantoon
10-12-2010, 04:14 PM
if Rex coached the Phins, many would love him.
I know I would. I reluctantly hate him now just cause he is a jet.

Swantoon
10-12-2010, 04:15 PM
What exactly is arrogant about wanting to have the best record in the NFL?
When you are a Dolphins fan you learn not to reach for greatness. We are happy with mediocrity.

RockyMtnPhinfan
10-12-2010, 04:51 PM
Even if my team was winning, i wouldn't want a doosh like him running things. It's called humility.

Bubbles
10-12-2010, 04:52 PM
the vikings were one errant 10 yard pass to harvin away from winning the game by 1...revis fell down, harvin woulda ran 40 yards at least

not to mention the huge blunder of passing on 2nd and 10 when the game was already over, and thus just about giving the game to the vikes

they will not continue to be so lucky...are they a good team? yeah...sanchez better than henne? hard to argue against that right now

but they will be brought back down to earth soon enough.

nyjunc
10-12-2010, 04:56 PM
the vikings were one errant 10 yard pass to harvin away from winning the game by 1...revis fell down, harvin woulda ran 40 yards at least

not to mention the huge blunder of passing on 2nd and 10 when the game was already over, and thus just about giving the game to the vikes

they will not continue to be so lucky...are they a good team? yeah...sanchez better than henne? hard to argue against that right now

and how many passes did we drop or miss? I love how when a Jets opponent misses a play it determined the game but when we miss a play it's ignored. The bottom line is we are one of the best teams in the league right now, that can change but no matter what excuses you offer it will not change the fact that we are damn good right now.

KlausC
10-12-2010, 05:00 PM
and how many passes did we drop or miss? I love how when a Jets opponent misses a play it determined the game but when we miss a play it's ignored. The bottom line is we are one of the best teams in the league right now, that can change but no matter what excuses you offer it will not change the fact that we are damn good right now.

Not to mention the fact that the errant pass was caused by pressure by the Jets defense on Favre.

Bumpus
10-12-2010, 05:02 PM
Wrong forum.

... Moving.

Eli_Manning
10-12-2010, 05:36 PM
The Rex Ryan hate is getting a little stale. If we had him in Miami we would be a much better team.

Jet Offensive
10-12-2010, 05:37 PM

really? is that what you are going with? why not just......"if shonn greene wouldn't have had that nic erun for a td they would have lost"? doesn't it sound stupid to say "if this and that didn't happen then the results would have been different"? it just sound stupid.

JETSJETSJETS
10-12-2010, 05:47 PM

I really wanted Rex to say "we are 4-1 and have the best NFL record, but we will try our best to be a mediocre team when the season finishes"

JETSJETSJETS
10-12-2010, 05:50 PM
Even if my team was winning, i wouldn't want a doosh like him running things. It's called humility.

I laughed...

Jetsfan80
10-12-2010, 06:07 PM

Keep your 2-2 coach and his humility. I'm having a ball right now with our "doosh" of a coach.

milo
10-12-2010, 06:09 PM
Rex isn't arrogant. He's not disrespectful. He's confident.

He is what every NFL coach/player/fan WANTS to say about their team (and does without a mic around them), he just does it in public.

If he wasn't coaching he'd be that guy in the parking lot tailgating.
For some reason that bothers people.
And by people I mean fans. Find a PLAYER who has a bad thing to say about Rex. Anywhere. And no Channing Crowder doesn't count.

Jetsfan80
10-12-2010, 06:12 PM
Our goal is to lead the league in f***ing wins. -- Rex Ryan on Hard Knocks, episode 1

On a completely unrelated note, the Jets have scored 28 or more points in 4 straight games. The last time that happened was 1986. Discuss.

Davej
10-12-2010, 06:13 PM
Rex isn't arrogant. He's not disrespectful. He's confident.

He is what every NFL coach/player/fan WANTS to say about their team (and does without a mic around them), he just does it in public.

If he wasn't coaching he'd be that guy in the parking lot tailgating.
For some reason that bothers people.
And by people I mean fans. Find a PLAYER who has a bad thing to say about Rex. Anywhere. And no Channing Crowder doesn't count.
Channing Crowder said himself that he likes Rex and all the talk last season was just in good fun.

JETSJETSJETS
10-12-2010, 06:21 PM
I just got a "finheaven infraction" for telling someone that he (i'll rephrase) doesn't have the 'courage' to admit the Jets dominated the game when it mattered. Wow...

Jetsfan80
10-12-2010, 06:28 PM
I just got a "finheaven infraction" for telling someone that he (i'll rephrase) doesn't have the 'courage' to admit the Jets dominated the game when it mattered. Wow...

These moderators don't have balls themselves. (Waits for inevitable infraction/banning).

JETSJETSJETS
10-12-2010, 06:30 PM
These moderators don't have balls themselves. (Waits for inevitable infraction/banning).

Dude, you are about to lose your six years old finheaven account, where you have posted on average, once every 4 months.

Jetsfan80
10-12-2010, 06:40 PM
Dude, you are about to lose your six years old finheaven account, where you have posted on average, once every 4 months.

I know man. I've invested a lot of time and energy around these parts.

thespygatetapes
10-12-2010, 07:29 PM

dude, chill out. The man wants to have the best record in the NFL, that means home field advantage and that means your team is pretty freakin good. What did you want him to say? "well were 4-1 exactly where i wanted to be, we didnt want to be 5-0 because we may have gotten overconfident."

Every team should want to lead the league in wins, do you think Sparano is being happily modest at 2-2? Heck no!

And considering they share the best record in league they are right on pace as of now tied with everyone else to lead the league in wins, hate on the jets all you want, but don't start nitpicking other coaches for saying things that are purely innocent.

DolphinsAreBad
10-12-2010, 10:22 PM
When you are a Dolphins fan you learn not to reach for greatness. We are happy with mediocrity.

You'll never be sad that way.

ace_o_spades
10-12-2010, 10:35 PM
So the Jets aren't tied for the best record in the NFL? News to me...

Ilovemyfins4eva
10-12-2010, 10:57 PM
lol criticizing finheaven moderators, i got banned from tgg last year because i signed up with a user name thejetssuck4eva. didn't even post anything, yet they banned due to that user name. u wanna talk about lame.

Jetsfan80
10-12-2010, 11:06 PM
lol criticizing finheaven moderators, i got banned from tgg last year because i signed up with a user name thejetssuck4eva. didn't even post anything, yet they banned due to that user name. u wanna talk about lame.

That's the wrong Jets board, friend. Even we make fun of TGG.

truthbtold
10-13-2010, 12:17 AM
i dont know why this guy keeps starting so many jet threads when what they said wasn't even pertaining to us and we don't play them for a while.

that being said, since it was started ill comment anyway. let Rex say Wat he wants, i mean that is the goal of every team [ or at least it should be] and by years end i am positive the jets will not own the best record in the NFL, or for that matter a top 5 one.

You don't think so??? Really???
Who are the 5 teams that will have better records?
I'm dying to hear this.

Conan
10-13-2010, 01:50 AM
That's the wrong Jets board, friend. Even we make fun of TGG.

And I assume you're from jets insider, who tgg makes fun of. How often are you going to get a poster called jets suck and they aren't going to be a complete troll? And if you read anything that guy posts (regarding the jets at any rate) he is a troll

JETSJETSJETS
10-13-2010, 11:38 AM

Next time, try using a decent screen name. If u post that the Jets suck for ever, you won't get banned. Obvious troll is an obvious troll.

Bumpus
10-13-2010, 12:33 PM

:lol: Ask, and ye shall receive.

Bumpus
10-13-2010, 12:39 PM

Well, lets see ... insinuating that someone has no balls is a personal attack, and thus against the TOS.

What's the problem?

ganggreen617
10-13-2010, 01:21 PM
rex is confident and wants to be the best

doesnt every nfl team want to be the best?

Jetsfan80
10-13-2010, 01:55 PM
And I assume you're from jets insider, who tgg makes fun of. How often are you going to get a poster called jets suck and they aren't going to be a complete troll? And if you read anything that guy posts (regarding the jets at any rate) he is a troll

Wrong again.

Jetsfan80
10-13-2010, 02:00 PM
:lol: Ask, and ye shall receive.

It was gonna happen eventually. Glad that it was on my terms (waits for inevitable lifetime ban).

Wildbill3
10-13-2010, 02:40 PM
It was gonna happen eventually. Glad that it was on my terms (waits for inevitable lifetime ban).

real men wear pink.

Ilovemyfins4eva
10-13-2010, 04:08 PM
If u were referring to me, i shouldnt be banned for making a username bashing the jets. there are guys on here who have anti dolphin names and yet they are allowed to sign up. i never wrote anything, they just banned me due to the name.

and ya no **** i hate the jets, why wouldn't i, i am a dolphin fan, the jets are the enemy.

speaking of trolls, most of u jet fans aside from JUNC and WSW are all trolls. u guys were no where to be found until this year, and all the sudden there are tons of jet fans join dates being Sep/ Oct 2010. coincidence?

and for those people who joined back in 08 or 04, whenever, they only have like 30 posts , which dictates they only show up when the jets are doing well. as i said, aside from junc and wsw, most of u guys r trolls.

mongos
10-13-2010, 04:56 PM
Rex is going to be Rex. Get used to it for the long term. In the mean time, Take Bufferin and stop Sufferin

DolphinsAreBad
10-13-2010, 05:20 PM
Even if my team was winning

Fortunately, not something you often need to worry about.

Bumpus
10-13-2010, 06:07 PM

Nah. You'll be more fun in the Depths, pink-boy. :lol:

JETSJETSJETS
10-13-2010, 06:30 PM
Well, lets see ... insinuating that someone has no balls is a personal attack, and thus against the TOS.

What's the problem?

Dude, I don't really care about the infraction. U can put a ban on me and I'd still be back here with in a minute.

People get attacked here for their posts all the time and saying that someone doesn't have the balls to admit something the same as disputing ones post. Calling someone a D*** is more like a personal attack.

JETSJETSJETS
10-13-2010, 06:37 PM
If u were referring to me, i shouldnt be banned for making a username bashing the jets. there are guys on here who have anti dolphin names and yet they are allowed to sign up. i never wrote anything, they just banned me due to the name.

and ya no **** i hate the jets, why wouldn't i, i am a dolphin fan, the jets are the enemy.

speaking of trolls, most of u jet fans aside from JUNC and WSW are all trolls. u guys were no where to be found until this year, and all the sudden there are tons of jet fans join dates being Sep/ Oct 2010. coincidence?

and for those people who joined back in 08 or 04, whenever, they only have like 30 posts , which dictates they only show up when the jets are doing well. as i said, aside from junc and wsw, most of u guys r trolls.

Lets clear up something. Im not a troll. I've been here since 08 and have almost 500 posts. I posted here when the Jets lost, and I've posted here when they won.

As for the coincidence, have u seen the threads around here on FH? Almost half of them are Jets related IN the Dolphins sections. U don't think Jets fans would come out here and voice their opinions? Do u remember how many JT threads there were here when he signed up with the Jets? At least 40 threads. At least. Its not a coincidence. Its what Dolphin fans post here that bring more Jets users to comment.

Ilovemyfins4eva
10-13-2010, 09:57 PM
Lets clear up something. Im not a troll. I've been here since 08 and have almost 500 posts. I posted here when the Jets lost, and I've posted here when they won.

As for the coincidence, have u seen the threads around here on FH? Almost half of them are Jets related IN the Dolphins sections. U don't think Jets fans would come out here and voice their opinions? Do u remember how many JT threads there were here when he signed up with the Jets? At least 40 threads. At least. Its not a coincidence. Its what Dolphin fans post here that bring more Jets users to comment.ok maybe ur the exception, but their r alot of people who just signed up all the sudden, and only come on when the jets are doing well aside from junc who is here everyday.

also, u say there r some comments as to why a lot of the jet fans signed up so they can comment, well i wanted to do the same thing on tgg and they didn't even allow me to due to a user name. i mean there r plenty of people on here with anti fins names and they r allowed to sign up and participate, which i got no problem with but just pointing out.

as for all the threads about the jets, i mean look we are division rivals and we hate each other. now are their a little to many? possibly, but with our bye week the past week, plus u guys having played monday night, and we can only talk about henne, and firing sparano , etc on here so much, why not poke fun at our division hated rivals. that's what makes the rivalry fun, the hatred and the arguments.

now if there was a dolphin game going on or right before or after the game and people started a thread about the jets, that would be a little weird. but when its midweek, i mean as much as we love our fins, which they come first before anything, the jets do affect us because they are in our division, and i have also seen threads on tgg bashing the fins. its all part of the rivalry.

Jetsfan81
10-13-2010, 10:03 PM
Man, these mods have a quick trigger. Getting banned after 6 years of dedicated posting for no reason? Sheesh, sensitive. I assume I'll be getting banned again, so if so, I'm over at JetNation.com as Jetsfan80, folks.

Conan
10-14-2010, 02:09 PM

Posting when the jets are good makes them fairweather not trolls. I called you a troll (regarding the jets) because you just spout useless nonsense about how you hate the jets. Yeah, we get it, now try contributing

Bumpus
10-15-2010, 07:20 AM
Man, these mods have a quick trigger. Getting banned after 6 years of dedicated posting for no reason? Sheesh, sensitive. I assume I'll be getting banned again, so if so, I'm over at JetNation.com as Jetsfan80, folks.

A. It wasn't for no reason. He said none of the mods had any balls, and came right out and directly asked for it.

B. He's not banned, just pinked. He can still post, he's just restricted to the depths.

C. He's a dedicated troll, anyway.

lf911sc
10-16-2010, 05:34 PM

The Jets were:

A dropped pick 6 by Wilson
A dropped 1st down pass by Edwards on the 10
A dropped EZ pass by Keller
etc, etc from blowing this game open. Jets should have scored another 20 points before that pass to Harvin. Part of it was the weather, the same weather that screwed up their scoring drives may have gotten the Vikes. Hard to whine about missed opportunities, Jets missed opportunities was the only reason that the Vikes were anywhere near the Jets in that game.

Excuses are lame. You can talk about screw up of the Vikes in the game against the fish just as easily, in fact more so.